Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people watch anime at 2x speed or faster?

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2016 12:22 AM

Sep 2013
i watch anime on my phone so i can't watch at 2x speed but the only anime i regret not watching faster was Aku no hana
Hope is painful...
Aug 13, 2016 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
Sounds dumb tbh. 2x Speed you can't even make out the characters dialogue because it turns to gibberish. The subs can be read, but lol. I'd have to put the volume on 0% so I don't hear the gibberish.
Aug 13, 2016 1:53 AM

May 2014
I watch some more boring shows with increased speed and they actually become more interesting. Very rarely with 2x speed, usually it's around 1.2-1.5x. Some shows actually feel slow even with 2x speed.

If speeding up the show can make it more enjoyable then why not.
Aug 13, 2016 3:58 AM

Mar 2016
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done! Whew! Got caught up on "One Piece" in under 1 year all thanks to the x30 speed button. ^_^
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Aug 13, 2016 4:00 AM

Aug 2014
They are impatient stupid people basically.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 13, 2016 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
I never used x2 button but always skipped the summary part op and ed after seeing first time.With that OP become an anime short to me.
Aug 13, 2016 5:12 AM
Dec 2013
Probably because they find certain anime's pacing to be too slow and they're just impatient. It's the same as people who watch anime in normal speed, but skip through scenes because they're too boring. I think it's stupid as well, and it's something I've never done and never will.
Aug 13, 2016 5:14 AM

Jan 2015
Kagami said:
I have seen "some" people admit they do this and am perplexed at why anybody would watch an anime or anything at 2x or even 4x speed. Often time, the people tell me they don't care for the anime all that much so are trying to get through it quickly.

Though, what's the point in doing something as stupid as that? I can't find any logical argument in doing something that dumb and pointless.

Opinions?

бля, дебил ебанутый бля, в жопу блядь пьяный захуячился на крышу бля, нахуя только непонятно бля. Ну и ёбнулся бля с неё на жопу бля, с третьего сука этажа. Ща бля в реанимации лежит бля, герой сука блядь
Aug 13, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2015
GarlandReese said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done! Whew! Got caught up on "One Piece" in under 1 year all thanks to the x30 speed button. ^_^
I caught up on OP in under 1 year watching in normal speed ..
Aug 13, 2016 5:42 AM

Feb 2015
Makes sitting through shitty shows less painful, it's pretty logical to do this. Not that I do it myself.
Aug 13, 2016 5:46 AM

Sep 2009
Because the anime is boring, and they either want to add it to their list, get a minimum # of episodes so their rating counts, or just want to get the plot down for one reason or another.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 13, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
"I'm not my AnimeList nor the animes I watch" is what Tyler Durden could tell nowadays.
Welp
Aug 13, 2016 6:03 AM

Mar 2016
black1blade said:
They are impatient stupid people basically.

Deal with it :D
They only want to add 'completed' series at their list..... so sad

Aug 13, 2016 6:09 AM

Jun 2015
1.25 is my fastest for some toei episodes.

2x is just wow.
Aug 13, 2016 6:14 AM

Mar 2016
I say they're assholes watching animes is not a job, if you like the plot you should watch it if you don't just drop the series their's no use fast forwarding and watching you won't be able to enjoy it that way(my opinion)
If its not a harem im not interested.....😑😑😑
Aug 13, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
speeding up an anime kills its vibes. I obviously wouldnt want that

EdenRage said:
i watch anime on my phone so i can't watch at 2x speed but the only anime i regret not watching faster was Aku no hana
You should've tried the manga.
Aug 13, 2016 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
Trust me, I am perplexed too. I find it to be retarded. I've done it like twice in my life and that's only because I'm retarded and want to complete the bottom 100.^It doesn't really make any difference for the Hinako OVAs anyway since they mostly just repeat the same 2-3 frame sequences over and over again but I still feel bad about it (well, mostly about watching them in the first place). Watching an 'actual' show at a different speed is something I'd never understand. Anything better than a 2/10 is not worth getting that treatment in my book. It indicates that those people are more interested in their completed list than the actual act of watching anime. You lose pretty much all aspects that make up an anime aside from the main story. I guess adding anime to your list just based on reading wiki synopsis is the next logical step if you wanna get even more efficient at this 'game' called Myanimelist.

Changing the speed screws up everything the director and voice actors have done, completely throwing off the acting/voices, the music, the sense of timing, the flow, the atmosphere, the tension, everything. As far as I'm concerned you might have as well not watched the show if you rate it based on such a diminished experience. You certainly watched something very different than me and the others who watch it at normal speed. But you have no right to judge the show itself as it's not meant to be watched in a way that ruins everything. You wouldn't judge a piece of music based on some high-pitched 2x speed version, wouldn't you? At best that qualifies as a remix.

But at the end of the day it's their cup of tea. I just personally won't be able to take them seriously when they try to argue about an anime they only watched a twisted 'remix' version of.
AlcoholicideAug 13, 2016 6:25 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 13, 2016 8:03 AM

Sep 2013
Klad said:
speeding up an anime kills its vibes. I obviously wouldnt want that

EdenRage said:
You should've tried the manga.

i read it after finishing the anime.
Hope is painful...
Aug 13, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
Wait what?

I didn't even know that was a thing

Aug 13, 2016 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
more than 2x is useless, I watch 1.2-1.7 to improve fast reading skill, concentration & reaction - it helps for gamers ;) When it became ur habit watching in normal speed seems so SLOooW....
Every movie/anime/yt video I watch at 1.5.
I use normal speeed only for music.
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Aug 13, 2016 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
You can watch God Eater in 2x because it's in slow motion to begin with.
Aug 13, 2016 9:10 AM
Sep 2015
i dont know about it,so that's the reason why some people can complete so many anime in a day,some of those people maybe wanna be a ''cool'' guy,atleast they can relate with anime when people talk about it.

''Wow he is so cool,he know every single title of anime i have watched'' lol

I simply put it on hold or even droping it if i got bored or hate it.
Aug 13, 2016 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
I sometimes watch at 1,2-1,3x speed. Main reason is if the anime is quite slow paced and I'm a very impatient person. And yes, I can keep up with everything at that speed as it is not that fast. It also saves me time as I'm horrible at marathoning anything recently (I used to be able to do that, but nowadays my attention spawn sucks). But honestly, most of the time I just watch it at the normal speed. I would not condemn anyone for doing that technique.....
2x speed sounds horrible though, I doubt I could keep up with subs/watching at all xD
Aug 13, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
I don't understand people who rush watching an anime. Unless your gonna die in a few years you can just watch a few animes at a steady pace and finish a lot in a year. Anime is a form of entertainment, if your speeding it up a lot just for the sake of completing it then you aren't enjoying it to the fullest.
Aug 13, 2016 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Kagami said:
I have seen "some" people admit they do this and am perplexed at why anybody would watch an anime or anything at 2x or even 4x speed. Often time, the people tell me they don't care for the anime all that much so are trying to get through it quickly.

Though, what's the point in doing something as stupid as that? I can't find any logical argument in doing something that dumb and pointless.

Opinions?

I actually do this. And some of my friends too. Most of the time it is when the storyline gets very very slow. Or its just pointless BS talk. But as I've grown older I have also greatly stopped doing it. Maybe now I can appreciate slow paced animes?
Aug 13, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
Kagami said:

Opinions?
lol@logical argument
watch at 2x speed => watch 2x as many animes
what's not logical in that
Aug 13, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
Knowing my sister does actually that when watching anime, that was the only explaination I manage to squeeze out of her: She's too impatient to watch anime at normal speed.

Aug 13, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2016
What the hell, I had no idea people did that o.o

If you feel that you need to watch an anime in 2x speed, maybe you should drop it instead.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 13, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, amazed this is a thing. Why do this when you can just skip whole scenes instead? Seems like a waste to rush like that, as if you're just forcing yourself to watch.
Aug 13, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
I would just pretend that I didn't read this topic and I didn't learn that those sort of broken peoples exist....
Aug 13, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2015
I'm a weirdo completitionist but I still don't go 2x speed.
I just force myself to sit through hours of crap that I don't enjoy like a good old fashioned obsessive compulsive masochist.
Aug 13, 2016 1:37 PM
Sep 2015
Purely because the eargasm comes faster
Aug 13, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2015
I watched Mars of Destruction in 2x speed ;)
Aug 13, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2012
A year ago, I had this weird "completion complex" (I guess that's what it's called) where I would watch 20-25 shows a season, watching 2 different shows with one on 2x speed. I was only able to digest one show and then I would be not interested in the other. It ruined my experience with anime for a long time.

Ever since I discovered the 2016 anime watching challenged, it made me interested in anime again and I can actually enjoy it to an extent.
Aug 13, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
My brother use to watch naruto episodes at 2x on youtube because of copyright
Aug 13, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
Anime is serious business!!! I must complete Naruto asap and not ENJOY IT!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2016
yea id rather just read a quick summary than watch it at faster speeds for an entire series. but sometimes shows will have boring arcs but you still want to know whats after that
Scream!
Aug 13, 2016 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
JkayW said:

Wow that should fill your day.

Just wondering...Which one is better?

Re:Zero or Naruto.
Aug 13, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
sasalx said:
JkayW said:

Wow that should fill your day.

Just wondering...Which one is better?

Re:Zero or Naruto.

Depends when and were in re zero or Naruto. Probably Re:Zero. But the start of Naruto was better than re zero.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 3:03 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
I do this when I am like. Two episodes away from finishing the god-awful series and would rather fast-forward it just to get through it. I don't wanna have a 11/13 anime in my dropped list, though I rarely even get there in the first place. Usually I just drop them from moment one. But alas, there are some I should get through, like Bungou Stray Dogs, which is arguably the worst release this season and one of the worst releases in existence.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Aug 13, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2015
gwendal738 said:
I do this when I am like. Two episodes away from finishing the god-awful series and would rather fast-forward it just to get through it. I don't wanna have a 11/13 anime in my dropped list, though I rarely even get there in the first place. Usually I just drop them from moment one. But alas, there are some I should get through, like Bungou Stray Dogs, which is arguably the worst release this season and one of the worst releases in existence.

Nah suck it up pussy, you started a god awful series, now you have to take your medicine and finish it.
Nobody likes a quitter.
Aug 13, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
Its idiotic I know. Can't understand why they do it.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 13, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Sounds dumb tbh. 2x Speed you can't even make out the characters dialogue because it turns to gibberish.
Not if pitch isn't changed? VLC lets you speed up without affect pitch at all.
Aug 13, 2016 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Crazy completionists ^^
Is really the only thing i can think of about people that do that. They want so much to have a huge "complete list" that they fast forward all the episodes.
Aug 13, 2016 4:55 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Bobby2Hands said:
gwendal738 said:

Nah suck it up pussy, you started a god awful series, now you have to take your medicine and finish it.
Nobody likes a quitter.

Lol you say that like I care about other people's opinion on how I watch anime and how I do things. I am not going to sit through god awful series and waste my time that I could use to watch other anime more worthy of my time.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Aug 13, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2015
Some people do it to complete anime faster.

In my opinion, it's completely idiotic.
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Aug 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
I have watched some anime at 1.5x speed because the pacing was too slow for me even though i liked the anime overall *i am kinda hyperactive*. At this speed i can still understand everything and it will be more entertaining for me to watch if the normal speed is too slow for me. Example : HunterxHunter first arc and some parts in Chimera Ant arc
Aug 13, 2016 5:15 PM

Dec 2014
Actually I want to figure out how to watch anime in faster way too.
Y'know, sometimes I just can't stand the 'yada-yada'.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Aug 13, 2016 5:22 PM

Dec 2015
That's really something.... I think they do that because they think it will be cool if people think they watched too many anime. You may not believe me, but there are really people out there who think that being called "otaku" is cool.
Aug 13, 2016 5:38 PM

Jun 2014
Nunnally03 said:
That's really something.... I think they do that because they think it will be cool if people think they watched too many anime. You may not believe me, but there are really people out there who think that being called "otaku" is cool.

Nothing wrong with liking and wanting completions, but only if they're normal completions. Some guy with 200 completions > Some guy with 500 completions who does this.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

76 by Kenzolo-folk »»
1 minute ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

27 by MichaelJackson »»
11 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
43 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.