Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 11, 2016 7:10 PM

Aug 2015
kawaii-despair said:
Pixelzz said:

Damn you. you want to see me cry?

Just think about it, despair!Sonia is an actual evil queen and Gundam still the dark lord- the perfect couple to rule the world.
Don't cry,Gundam will wake up,I feel it.

By the power of love Hinata(Izuru) will revive his waifu Komaeda and all his friends in coma to attend his wedding.
Hmmm. sounds plausible i guess.
Aug 11, 2016 7:32 PM

Nov 2013
With Yuto making a cameo this episode, I'm now hoping that Matsuda gets to appear as well. It would make sense, he is involved with the Kamukura Project, and there's the small detail about him being, you know, Junko's boyfriend.

caio_ken said:
I already know that Mukuro loves Junko but this is insane lol She's in a siscon level. It's much wrong the fact that I Ship MukuroxJunko?

Probably, but what's not wrong with those two? Let's be honest here, incest barely looks like a crime compared to everything else Junko did. You are free to ship it.

BubblyHunter said:
SirKurt said:
...Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what...

Same here! The way we see her here doesn't seem like she would. Maybe it was that failed murder attempt that made her realize Junko really didn't care enough about her that made her change dramatically? That's the only explanation I can think of. Kinda still like her to tbh

Well, there was a brief scene in Zero were Mukuro acts just like she did this episode.

Aug 11, 2016 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
haha so that's what happened with Saionji remember seeing that poster and being like an't no way she can grow that fast.

Truly is the beginning of the end with Junko's arrive
Aug 11, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2015
AsL said:
[I prefer Despair arc,I can't stand Neagi,I'm not liking the Shonen fights and how retarded they are,the only good character left is monaca.

This exactly. Monaca is the only one left to give a shit about.

Anyway was a great episode all around for what it did. Answering question is always nice. And so the longest week of waiting this show will likely have begins.
Aug 11, 2016 8:27 PM

Jan 2016

Could the Future arc be a complete fabrication made up by Ryota?

Aug 11, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
@FragOutFire

I think you make a great point. Totally could be the case though it feels a little cheap. I feel like this may not be the case since I feel like this is a build up to V3 at least in some way. In universe it could explain the blood color differences but I don't think thats right. That scene with Chisa still bothers me though

I would have to say though this current episode will mostly be remember for the Junko appearance. Below is a video I made on this episode.

https://youtu.be/WMrVpdUoI5o
Aug 11, 2016 8:42 PM

Feb 2013
JGChaves said:
With Yuto making a cameo this episode, I'm now hoping that Matsuda gets to appear as well. It would make sense, he is involved with the Kamukura Project, and there's the small detail about him being, you know, Junko's boyfriend.

caio_ken said:
I already know that Mukuro loves Junko but this is insane lol She's in a siscon level. It's much wrong the fact that I Ship MukuroxJunko?

Probably, but what's not wrong with those two? Let's be honest here, incest barely looks like a crime compared to everything else Junko did. You are free to ship it.

BubblyHunter said:

Same here! The way we see her here doesn't seem like she would. Maybe it was that failed murder attempt that made her realize Junko really didn't care enough about her that made her change dramatically? That's the only explanation I can think of. Kinda still like her to tbh

Well, there was a brief scene in Zero were Mukuro acts just like she did this episode.

Well, that's true.
Aug 11, 2016 8:55 PM

Jan 2016

But what if this isn't a revelation about the building they're in, or how much time has passed, but rather that the anime Kirigiri noticed an animation error Ryota made?
Aug 11, 2016 9:21 PM

May 2016
FragOutFire said:

But what if this isn't a revelation about the building they're in, or how much time has passed, but rather that the anime Kirigiri noticed an animation error Ryota made?

Oh noes...If it has animation errors, it means the anime is not hopeful enough to save everyone...Ryouta failed his mission and so he became a Remnant of Despair...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 11, 2016 10:08 PM
Aug 2016
Kind of bit dissapointed with how Chisa back to 77th class after just six months
what was the point of emotional farewell last week if it just lasted six months?
Aug 11, 2016 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
It's not that I'm not enjoying the character development, so far it's been handled pretty well but, why do the writers keep on trying to make Chiaki the perfect girl? Seriously, she's good at everything (gamer, friend, classmate, etc.) and her social problems were solved in a single episode.
Anyways the rest of the episode was OK and enjoyed the way Junko and Mukuro were introduced.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Aug 11, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
JGChaves said:

But Matsuda wasnt Junko's boyfriend, he's supposed to be a childhood friend and Ryoko/Junko was the one with the crush on him.
Aug 11, 2016 10:20 PM

Jan 2016
Fun episode but also despair. Mitarai's story really showed a real daily life of an animator.. Damn so deep. I like this episode.
Oh man Kamishiro Yuuta!!
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Aug 11, 2016 10:28 PM

Dec 2014
FragOutFire said:

Than why would a anime character in the first place notice something like this? I mean the idear itself is somewhat funny. And at the same time kinda boring.
Because that would mean for the DR-Universe itself nothing happend.
Aug 11, 2016 10:39 PM

Jul 2010
DivineTrinity said:

SirKurt said:

Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what.

Aug 11, 2016 10:41 PM

May 2016
MonoReaper said:
FragOutFire said:

Than why would a anime character in the first place notice something like this? I mean the idear itself is somewhat funny. And at the same time kinda boring.

Ryouta Mitatai is Kodaka confirmed...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 11, 2016 11:04 PM

May 2016
Anarchi4 said:
It's not that I'm not enjoying the character development, so far it's been handled pretty well but, why do the writers keep on trying to make Chiaki the perfect girl? Seriously, she's good at everything (gamer, friend, classmate, etc.) and her social problems were solved in a single episode.
Anyways the rest of the episode was OK and enjoyed the way Junko and Mukuro were introduced.

She's not good at everything. She's just mostly good at two things; her main talent in being a gamer, and now being a friend. Pretty much it. I wouldn't just say her social problems were solved, as I say it's mostly everyone's thanks to Yukizome. Btw and on a minor note, Chiaki says that she focuses so much on her games that she forgets to even eat or something at times. That doesn't really sound perfect to me. lol
Aug 12, 2016 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
Oh shit Junko & Mukuro INCOMING!!

Aug 12, 2016 12:41 AM

Apr 2012
I liked how this episode had a lot of interesting developments, most notably with the despair sisters making their entrance. Also there seems to be some emphasis on Mitarai, especially with the way he talks about hope, which makes me think that he has some pivotal role in either or both of the Danganronpa 3 anime. Perhaps a big twist in DR3 could be something meta related to anime, since Mitarai is an animator.
Aug 12, 2016 12:49 AM

Jul 2014
FragOutFire said:

Could the Future arc be a complete fabrication made up by Ryota?

I've seen a theory very similar to this, basically stating that the entire Future arc is an "anime" created by Ryota... So an anime within an anime.

No clue how the fuck that's going to work out, but I'd prefer they stay away from the "fake world" twists because it kinda renders everything meaningless.

But this is Kodaka we're talking about.
"Hi!"
Aug 12, 2016 12:49 AM

Sep 2015
Finally Junko is here ! I kind of missed her crazyness, that narration was priceless

Good character development too, but why do I get the feeling that it was a huge death flag for Mitarai in Future Arc's next episode ? Hope I'm wrong...
Aug 12, 2016 12:58 AM

Dec 2014
HyperL said:
MonoReaper said:

Ryouta Mitatai is Kodaka confirmed...

Oh my god.
THE ULTIMATE DESPAIR
Aug 12, 2016 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
Ivanovskaya said:

Good character development too, but why do I get the feeling that it was a huge death flag for Mitarai in Future Arc's next episode ? Hope I'm wrong...

I have the same feeling. After all that's what happened with Seiko- so much attention on her on both Despair and Future just to kill her off in Future. The only hope for Mitarai to survive is being the mastermind haha
Aug 12, 2016 2:01 AM

Aug 2012
My god, Danganronpa absolutely killed it this week. Future arc was a bit of a surprise, I've been enjoying it but not nearly to the extent I did this week. Despair arc would be par for the course, outside of very few stumbles, has been a blast since that get-go. Sometimes the humor got a bit too over-the-top for my taste but in general the comedy's been hilarious & when they attempted a serious scene, they nailed it.

But here, Despair arc brings it's most entertaining episode yet. Stuff like Hiyoko's growth spurt and Gundham & Sonia being the best couple ever are stuff I really liked seeing that I saw coming but that stuff with Ryota & the imposter? That took me off guard and for as absurd as it was, it really hit (Danganronpa 2 specifically, excelled at mixing the absurd with emotional resonance really well). Really great stuff, I also really liked the parts with Mikan, which again balanced comedy & emotion perfectly.

But who cares about that, JUNKO ARRIVED! Junko is a character for all intents and purposes I should hate, I should've hated her in the first game. She doesn't exactly have a ton of depth & her motivations are vague at best and bland at worst. But character writing isn't seated alone in depth, sometimes the best characters are the most memorable or the most entertaining. And while there's quite a few characters I like more than Junko in Danganropna, hardly any can match her insanity, especially the fun flavor she provided her. That Narrator-style way of speaking forced me to rewind the episode cause I laughed so hard I missed her dialogue. By the way, brilliant use of the medium with that joke. Then that stuff with her trying to kill Mukuro, along with Mukuro's reaction to it (Mukuro coming along is a huge deal too), hysterical. The amount of entertainment condensed in just her scenes are more than some series provide.

Also, that scene with Makoto and the first games music playing again is kinda surreal. It was perfect use of the series history, hit me right in the nostalgia but it was re-contextualized so it wasn't just a re-visit. Loving the show.
Aug 12, 2016 2:21 AM

Sep 2011
Yes! I'll be seeing more Junko on this series. Couldn't be better!

Aug 12, 2016 2:42 AM

Jan 2016
Hiyoko was late because tied her kimono sash. She could do that by her own because she might learnt it from Mahiru.

And imposter might change his appearance back to byakuya later.. Im looking foward for matsuda kun lol

Junko and ikusaba. Damn u two!!

Srsly i never thought ship between kazuichi and fuyuhiko gotta be real.

Mitarai = creep
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Aug 12, 2016 3:17 AM

Nov 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Ivanovskaya said:

I have the same feeling. After all that's what happened with Seiko- so much attention on her on both Despair and Future just to kill her off in Future. The only hope for Mitarai to survive is being the mastermind haha

Well Mitarai had only 1 episode focussed on him + some little interactions. The expelled trio was build up from the beginning and had 3 episodes in the spotlight (And Seiko's death is probably not the end of it)

Mitarai was scouted by Tengan and Tengan mentioned a project besides Izuru. This leads me to believe Mitarai is involved in Tengan's project. If he's in on something, Tengan's plan can live on through Mitarai. If I'm right, Mitarai has bigger survival chances than it seems now.

Besides, he's hope obsessed. This means he'll be importand to the A-plot. Add that to the fact that he's offically part of the ultimate despair class, without (seemingly) falling into despair, and you've got a lot of potential.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Aug 12, 2016 3:27 AM

Jan 2016
Impostor guy is truly a great human being. In DR2 he became a pillar for everyone and guided everyone under his leadership. Really took charge to make sure no one would lose their way (then fucked over by Nagito/Teruteru).

Would the real Togami even care if Mitarai fainted in front of his room? He'd probably call security and complain when the guards take such a long time.

https://my.mixtape.moe/pafkii.webm

even turns down mikan because she's his friend

I love you Imposter, you deserve better than you got
Aug 12, 2016 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
Komaeda come back! This anime is not the same without you D:
Really nice episode.
>The teacher is starting to suspect the whole Kamakura project
>Saionji suddenly grew up (nice reference)
>Good character development for both Mitarai and the imposter, however it makes it look verry likely that Mitarai will die in the next episode of Mirai-hen
>That entrance Junko XD
>"I will become a version of me that i can be proud of around Nanami" ;_;

Now with the despair sisters and Izuru arriving next episodes will be crazy.
Aug 12, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
Can't wait for Zetsubou-hen to start it's disaster because, how I see it, for now it's mostly there so we could have more information of the Mirai-hen cast. Which is fine as long as there isn't anything better to happen (e.g. their everyday school life and Yukizome running around), but from this episode onwards stuff get serious, so it would be nice if they started showing it that way. We have the cast from the both games in Zetsubou-hen now, so hopefully the tragedy will start in the seventh or eighth episode.

Imagine Komaeda and Naegi meeting each other in the anime and Ogata Megumi having a dialogue with herself xD
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Aug 12, 2016 3:57 AM

Aug 2015
The next future arc is going to be focused on Mitarai, i guarantee it...

But now that we know that the Imposter is taking care of Mitarai, what will happen to him, when the imposter goes into despair? will he be kicked out, and his anime will be destroyed?...

Also, I didn't expect Mukoro to sound like she does, I expected her to be more seious, but eh, I'm ok with this.
Aug 12, 2016 5:02 AM

Jan 2009
AlliedWishes said:
Anarchi4 said:

She's not good at everything. She's just mostly good at two things; her main talent in being a gamer, and now being a friend. Pretty much it. I wouldn't just say her social problems were solved, as I say it's mostly everyone's thanks to Yukizome. Btw and on a minor note, Chiaki says that she focuses so much on her games that she forgets to even eat or something at times. That doesn't really sound perfect to me. lol

I have to agree here. To me Chiaki seems really bland compared to SDR2 Chiaki. Especially since she is paired with Hajime who is a really complex character. They are a sweet pairing, but not like this. It makes me dislike it imo.
Aug 12, 2016 5:51 AM

May 2016
So much yet so less has happened after that glorified timeskip. I'm glad to see them all again~

-The Dancer's growth spurt is quite the surprise, the Nurse secretly being a pervert is even more so.

-The Imposter covering in for the Animator explains why they both have the same name.

-Junko's here! So sexy and fabulous. Upupu with that narration.

-Hinata's willing to change for Chiaki. It won't end well ,_,

Aug 12, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2013
whisperV1 said:
JGChaves said:

But Matsuda wasnt Junko's boyfriend, he's supposed to be a childhood friend and Ryoko/Junko was the one with the crush on him.

Given that he spent most of Zero trying to protect Ryoko/Junko from the school's committee and especially from herself, I think it’s pretty obvious that her feelings were mutual. Anyway, when I wrote “boyfriend” I wasn’t trying to say they were officially a couple, I was just pointing out that he is a very important person for Junko and thus him showing up here wouldn’t be weird.
Aug 12, 2016 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
he turned into a robot?
Aug 12, 2016 7:33 AM

Feb 2015
HyperL said:
Tevens said:

and based from what junko's sister said, if she got killed, junko would went despair. so her sister's death is the triggered ? now i wonder who will be the one to kill her...can't wait to see it.

Eh...WUT? WTF are you talkin about in that sentence? Did you forgot DR1?

shit! i forgot it xD i've been playing DR2 for more than one week while watching this 2 danganronpa series and i was focusing on that game like crazy shit. and....i completely forgot about DR2. moreover, i want to play the spin off game, danganronpa another so badly....and moreover this 2 danganronpa series.....xD dammit! why i forgot it xD
Aug 12, 2016 7:48 AM

Aug 2010

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Aug 12, 2016 7:51 AM

Aug 2016
OKAY THIS MUST BE THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR IN MY OPINION
-Despair sisters, THANK THE LORDSSS
-A hint of Naegi like we see him in the first scene of the first game/anime
-RYOTA MITARAI
-The imposter is a total bro, I love that guy
-Some Sondam bonding (MY OTP)
-Mikan being..Mikan
-Hiyoko's growth spurt (Wow in half a year, daamn)
-Chisa blushing when she thinks of herself as Munakata's "partner"
-A glimpse of the Izuru Kamakura project
AND MORE
ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN ONE EPISODE, I STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS
I love Danganronpa so much~
ShiemihazaMar 18, 2017 5:22 PM
Aug 12, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2012
This show's a bit of a mixed bag compared to the other Danganronpa 3 anime. It keeps putting the plot momentum on halt in order to setup future events when they should be going hand-in-hand, and it kinda struggles to find momentum in the first place.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 12, 2016 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
kawaii-despair said:
Haha look who made a cameo

I could have sworn the kid was familiar. So I remember it was that kid from DR:Zero. The kid detective or something that is like a shadow. XD
Aug 12, 2016 8:03 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
I liked how the heavy guy with the cheeks immitated Byakuya from Danganronpa 1.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Aug 12, 2016 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
Holy hell, it's Junko and Mukuro! Lovely outfit Junko has on. Does well as the fashionista, but ignoring that, shit's about to go down hard! I didn't expect Mukuro to be just loony as Junko. Thank you, Kodaka, for making the title of her also being one of the Despair Sisters fitting her well. Now I fully know that she is just as evil and cracked up as Junko was in Danganronpa 1 (well, I kind of figured she was at the start, but seeing her personality here, this fully confirms). ;)

Not to mention that Izura is coming as well! I loved how sort of peaceful it was going up until episode 4 recently on this anime, and I was still entertained even when nothing seriously bad was going on, but this.... I'm too excited for this.
Aug 12, 2016 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
kawaii-despair said:
Haha look who made a cameo

Yes, I noticed him as well. That was rather nice to see him at the time. Chuckled at that with delight. :)
Aug 12, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2013
SirKurt said:
We finally see some answers, instead of more questions.

Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what.

Now everyone is on the school. It is like I am having a class reunion, I can't confine myself. Hyped for the next episode.

kawaii-despair said:
Oh c'mon Saionji,who the hell grows up like that in only half a year?? That chest gotta be fake (heh nice reference there tho)
Conclusion: Sakakura is the sole reason Hinata became that way. Fuck you boxer,really. Hinata.. oh you poor soul.. my heart aches when I see him :(

Obligatory image:

She don't do a "revolt" at all, thought. She already know and fallen in love with Makoto in Zero and she don't change at all. And we see in 0 that she and Junko have a weird relationship. Take some quotes from her in 0.

"Yes, she really is ridiculous...to the point of despair, she's the lowest, worst sister ever but...that's why I can't leave her alone. That's why I have to help her. After all, I'm the only one who can understand her."
"Only I am able of understanding her. That's why she needs me. She still hasn't realized that but, maybe she is only pretending not to realize. Ufu, that's because she's so shy. Ufufufu."
Seeing this intoxicated Ikusaba-san continue to talk like that, repelled me. I knew that she definitely didn't have normal feelings for Junko Enoshima, but that sort of thing shouldn't have anything to do with me.

Even in IF - wich never happened in canon - when she fights the Monokumas for Makoto, she does this because she wants Junko to despair and for the sake of her sister.

For anyone who don't believe in this, read this thread that have various quotes from Mukuro in this two novels: https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/4xf1au/dr0drifdr3_if_anyone_finds_the_behavior_of_a/
Aug 12, 2016 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
The Impostor looked completely like Byakuya though. I guess it's confirmed here seeing he's not Mitarai.
Aug 12, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2015
caio_ken said:
SirKurt said:
We finally see some answers, instead of more questions.

Now everyone is on the school. It is like I am having a class reunion, I can't confine myself. Hyped for the next episode.

Obligatory image:

She don't do a "revolt" at all, thought.

In IF? She kind of did, even if in the end she rationalized that it was for Junko's benefit
Aug 12, 2016 6:24 PM

Feb 2013
MightyM16 said:
caio_ken said:

She don't do a "revolt" at all, thought.

In IF? She kind of did, even if in the end she rationalized that it was for Junko's benefit

Well, in IF she does the revolt because of Makoto and for the sake of Junko. Mukuro itself say this.

But of course, IF itself isn't canon. We have to see if this is happening in the anime.
Aug 12, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, the smile on my face when Junko appeared, and when Naegi appeared and the theme song started playing. Such good feels.
Aug 13, 2016 4:29 AM

Sep 2013
Mukuro is frickin bae

Best Episode!
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 13, 2016 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
so glad to see Junko and Mukuro.

i love Mukuro already just from her part in this episode <3
can't wait to see Junko's interactions with the Despairs ~ so much hype for the upcoming episodes!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.