Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 11, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
HyperL said:
kawaii-despair said:

Just think about it, despair!Sonia is an actual evil queen and Gundam still the dark lord- the perfect couple to rule the world.
Don't cry,Gundam will wake up,I feel it.

Hinata x Nanami has no chance,Nana will be dead forever. Maybe you meant Hinata x Komaeda ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Komaeda will die from his mental disease

He should have died already based on the fact he had around half a year or so to live before even entering Hope's Peak. Either his luck kept him alive or he got treatment.
Aug 11, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
So it begins. The dark side of this show begins next episode. Izuru has awakened, Junko and Mukuro have arrived... Man, things are going to get pretty fucked up from now on, I can tell already.
Aug 11, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
SH4kun said:

He should have died already based on the fact he had around half a year or so to live before even entering Hope's Peak. Either his luck kept him alive or he got treatment.

Given that his disease is incurable (frontotemporal dementia if I'm not mistaken), it has to be his luck.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Aug 11, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2015
taynis said:

I'm not okay ç-ç

Aaaand so happy to see more SoniaxTanaka shippers! *-*
I always alone since everybody ships Kazuichi and Gundam D:
We must protect that smile. please don't die
Aug 11, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 2015
SH4kun said:
HyperL said:

Komaeda will die from his mental disease

His luck keep him alive just to fall in despair. Did you already forgot how the ultimate luck works?
Aug 11, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2014
Can I rate this more than 5/5?

My Goddess finally appeared, my day is perfect right now.
Thanks Kodaka, Thanks Megumi. You're awesome.

Seriously, that was perfect.
Aug 11, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Sirofcoffee said:
ShadowMonkey said:
Guys, I have a question. I just remembered how much of a fun time I had playing DR1 (which I still haven't finished), and I didn't play DR2 yet. That in mind, I still decided to watch both DR3, however I realized that this time with DR2 I want to experience the game first (which wasn't the case for me with DR1). So, my question is: did Zetsubou-hen so far give any spoilers to DR2? Also, do you predict that there'll be some? In which case let me know cuz if there were spoilers I'll stop here and put it on hold.

You should stop now. There were some spoilers, but not everything is lost now.
The game is on steam, and there are also Let's Play's (I reccomment NicoB)

If you want to get the most enjoyment out of the anime and dr2, stop with both Mirai and Zetsubou and play/watch Danganronpa 2 first.
Got it. I know it's on Steam (I have the first game, but didn't finish it yet) and for Let's Plays, those things ruin games for me so I'm gonna put this on hold and get to Danganronping again.....idk why I stopped though, I kinda do that with a lot of games and forget I even have them lol. Thanks for the advice, you were the only one who gave proper advice instead of listing all the spoilers (which I didn't read don't worry XD) Besides, I need another piece of advice though. You see, I already know what happens in the first game (cuz I unfortunately watched the anime before the game) so would you recommend putting the first game on hold and starting the second one sooner, or does the first game have a major plot twist that's a lot different from the anime besides the bad ending? Either way, I'll probably finish DR1 first, not like I'm in a rush...Wow, I talk too much when online XD
Aug 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2016

I wonder why Fuyuhiko can stand to be in the same room as Mahiru.

I wonder why Fuyuhiko is allowing Mahiru to live.
Aug 11, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2015
FragOutFire said:

I wonder why Fuyuhiko can stand to be in the same room as Mahiru.

I wonder why Fuyuhiko is allowing Mahiru to live.

Most likely he doesn't knows she was involved, he only discovers that in SDR2
Aug 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
ShadowMonkey said:
Got it. I know it's on Steam (I have the first game, but didn't finish it yet) and for Let's Plays, those things ruin games for me so I'm gonna put this on hold and get to Danganronping again.....idk why I stopped though, I kinda do that with a lot of games and forget I even have them lol. Thanks for the advice, you were the only one who gave proper advice instead of listing all the spoilers (which I didn't read don't worry XD) Besides, I need another piece of advice though. You see, I already know what happens in the first game (cuz I unfortunately watched the anime before the game) so would you recommend putting the first game on hold and starting the second one sooner, or does the first game have a major plot twist that's a lot different from the anime besides the bad ending? Either way, I'll probably finish DR1 first, not like I'm in a rush...Wow, I talk too much when online XD

Most (if not all) important plot points are revealed in the anime. So if you've watched it, you can start with DR2. While I do not think the anime is good, at least it doesn't skip over any important stuff.

If you liked DR1, you'll love DR2. Almost anything is better in 2 in my oppinion.

I'd recommend playing the game more than watching let's play's too, I just mentioned the Let's Play in case you weren't willing to spend the money (there are a lot of people like that)

I too, talk too much online. Just look at my posts here alone.

One last thing, you'll need to look up a few things on the spin off Danganronpa despair girls. Mostly about Monoca Towa (who's the green haired girl in mirai). The game itself is ok, but not as good as the other games. And it's only on Vita.
Aug 11, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
ShadowMonkey said:
Sirofcoffee said:

You should stop now. There were some spoilers, but not everything is lost now.
The game is on steam, and there are also Let's Play's (I reccomment NicoB)

If you want to get the most enjoyment out of the anime and dr2, stop with both Mirai and Zetsubou and play/watch Danganronpa 2 first.

Good choice honestly, you'll get a better experience with the zetsubou arc if you play DR2, besides the obvious plot-wise stuff, you'll probably will fall in love with most of the chars and get attached to em. Also like @Sirofcoffee said, you probably want to check some stuff about DR:AE for more insight of Monaca and why is she in the mirai arc etc etc (plus the game is cool too)
Aug 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Jun 2015
Sirofcoffee said:
ShadowMonkey said:

Most (if not all) important plot points are revealed in the anime. So if you've watched it, you can start with DR2. While I do not think the anime is good, at least it doesn't skip over any important stuff.

If you liked DR1, you'll love DR2. Almost anything is better in 2 in my oppinion.

I'd recommend playing the game more than watching let's play's too, I just mentioned the Let's Play in case you weren't willing to spend the money (there are a lot of people like that)

I too, talk too much online. Just look at my posts here alone.

One last thing, you'll need to look up a few things on the spin off Danganronpa despair girls. Mostly about Monoca Towa (who's the green haired girl in mirai). The game itself is ok, but not as good as the other games. And it's only on Vita.
I think I'm still gonna finish the first game first though, I dedicate myself more to games after summer ends anyway...

Of course I'm willing to spend money on a franchise I love, the only things I don't pay for are anime and manga lol

And for Despair Girls, I've heard about it before, bummer it's not on Steam...

It's funny how I've been a fan of this franchise for almost half a year now, but all I did was scratching on the surface, welp that's about to change. Thanks again for all the help
Aug 11, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2015
whisperV1 said:
ShadowMonkey said:

Good choice honestly, you'll get a better experience with the zetsubou arc if you play DR2, besides the obvious plot-wise stuff, you'll probably will fall in love with most of the chars and get attached to em. Also like @Sirofcoffee said, you probably want to check some stuff about DR:AE for more insight of Monaca and why is she in the mirai arc etc etc (plus the game is cool too)
"You probably will fall in love with the characters and get attached to them" We all know how that sentence works with Danganronpa fans XD
Aug 11, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2011
Now this series is becoming on par with Future. We got Junko and a new arc starting. This show is becoming too much fun.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 11, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2016
Did Saionji shrink again or something in Danganronpa 2?

Aug 11, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2015
They are not going easy on us, are they? What is going to happen with Nanami though. Since before the series started that has always been my question and I am wondering when they are going to answer that.

It was really nice to see more of Ultimate Imposter, Ryota and Mikan, since I was hoping they would get more screen time.

Things are getting broken soon I see... I hope we can at least hear more Naegi since Komaeda is still nowhere to be found~

aliinetje said:

No. They were made to have their 'avatars' look like before they entered high school since they wanted to overwrite over those memories

MightyM16 said:

Most likely he doesn't knows she was involved, he only discovers that in SDR2

In the game within the game it was Fuyuhiko that found out Mahiru took a photo no related to the murder? So I think he sort of knows.
BubblyHunterAug 11, 2016 1:16 PM
Aug 11, 2016 1:09 PM
Mar 2016

Just knowing that the real Mitarai is the skinny one is a WTF moment for me.

So, is the guy whom we saw being in a lab, be Negai?
Aug 11, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
Can someone get a screencap of Junko's outfit for me?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 11, 2016 1:24 PM

Feb 2016
BubblyHunter said:

aliinetje said:

No. They were made to have their 'avatars' look like before they entered high school since they wanted to overwrite over those memories

Forgot about that, it has been a while since i played the game.

Aug 11, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2015
SirKurt said:
...Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what...

Same here! The way we see her here doesn't seem like she would. Maybe it was that failed murder attempt that made her realize Junko really didn't care enough about her that made her change dramatically? That's the only explanation I can think of. Kinda still like her to tbh

Kurisuki said:
Is this ep a dead flag for Mitarai? lol But anyway, I really liked this one...

I am actually worrying it it... Like they already took Seiko, they might take Ryouta soon too...
Aug 11, 2016 1:52 PM

May 2016
"Anime saved me, and now I´ll save anime"

Mitarai just go work at Trigger
Aug 11, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
I already know that Mukuro loves Junko but this is insane lol She's in a siscon level. It's much wrong the fact that I Ship MukuroxJunko?

BubblyHunter said:
SirKurt said:
...Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what...

Same here! The way we see her here doesn't seem like she would. Maybe it was that failed murder attempt that made her realize Junko really didn't care enough about her that made her change dramatically? That's the only explanation I can think of. Kinda still like her to tbh

Kurisuki said:
Is this ep a dead flag for Mitarai? lol But anyway, I really liked this one...

I am actually worrying it it... Like they already took Seiko, they might take Ryouta soon too...

Well IF is an alternate history, just like an alternate universe, not a rule. So in the normal Danganronpa, this not happen. And of course, she even mentions the fact that Junko trying to kill her makes her happy.
Aug 11, 2016 2:00 PM

Feb 2010

YAAAAAS MAMA FINALLY, it's gonna get gud up in here
Aug 11, 2016 2:00 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Junko is here, so all hell is here.... And next to that, Kamukura.... Those red eyes literally gave me the chills running down my spine. I'm ready for this shit.

Aug 11, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2011
Damn such a perfect ep showing the prequel to DR1 and DR2! It was awesome seeing Junko again but I thought Mukuro's voice was a little soft but I guess it fits her personality well.
Aug 11, 2016 2:02 PM
Dec 2010
I figured as soon as we saw a time skip we'd see the Despair sisters and Saionji grown up.

Man, this is moving fast. We're already up to (technically) where Danganronpa 1 starts and only on episode 5. So, the entire Tragedy takes place in the 78th class's first-year?
Aug 11, 2016 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Godamn whatever I wanna say is full of spoilers.
Aug 11, 2016 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Tomboy said:
Godamn whatever I wanna say is full of spoilers.

You're allowed to talk about the older danganronpas.
And unless you're a time traveler, you can't spoil this story yet.
Aug 11, 2016 2:24 PM

Jun 2013
I wasn't available to watch the previous episode but the I just realized that the last episode described the entire Twilight Murder Syndrome Act in DR2 during chapter 2 of the game.

Fuyuhiko did bash Sato to death with the metal bat right?
Aug 11, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2016
Ah, so that's how he became Byakuya. Alright then. Nice to see that dude from Danganronpa Zero. Forgot his name, though. lol

It's very nice to see Makoto again, and I suppose I see that that's how Hinata became or is becoming Izuru.

But the biggest highlight for me regarding this is the motherfucking queen of all bitches of Danganronpa, Junko, has arrived! Just for seeing her, along with her sister, is when I know that things will get very messy soon. I am very excited, and overall, I loved this episode.

Speaking of her sister, Mukuro, it seems she has a masochistic side of herself regarding Junko giving her despair, judging from her reaction when she was gonna get pierced and bombarded by her. I guess she really isn't any better than her sister, in a way.
Being one of the Ultimate Despairs truly befits her, then.
Aug 11, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
Danganronpa almost never fails to amaze me. Great episode, best girls Mukuro and Junko appear, Ryouta development, imposter development. Great comedic scenes, hiyoko is now a babe and the beginning of the end... upupupupu

5/5
Aug 11, 2016 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
AAAAAAHHHHHHH that was so good. Last Future was probably the worst episode of the bunch so far, while this was easily one of the best. Am I biased because I just really fucking adore Junko? Maybe.
Aug 11, 2016 2:55 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I thought we would get more stuff about the Recourse class but they just sped right past that and got to what I've been waiting for. Its time for the end to begin.

SirKurt said:

Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what.

Aug 11, 2016 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
omfg Despair sisters ahhhhhh
Hiyoko growth spurt
Imposter and ryouta back story
78th students and Hinata becoming izuru ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But a ultimate Secret Agent Kamishuro ahhhh
Aug 11, 2016 3:33 PM
Nov 2015
Kamukura project incoming upupupu
magilouAug 11, 2016 3:39 PM
Aug 11, 2016 3:34 PM
Nov 2015
HyperL said:
Tevens said:

and based from what junko's sister said, if she got killed, junko would went despair. so her sister's death is the triggered ? now i wonder who will be the one to kill her...can't wait to see it.

Eh...WUT? WTF are you talkin about in that sentence? Did you forgot DR1?

Yeah, exactly, Junko killed her sister...
Aug 11, 2016 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
Isn't there any police in this anime?
Junko killed that poor driver and I suppose that the grenade killed someone too.
Aug 11, 2016 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
Ulquiorra said:
Isn't there any police in this anime?
Junko killed that poor driver and I suppose that the grenade killed someone too.

It was all really sudden and she was gone from the scene immediately before anyone had a chance to react. I'm sure someone probably called the police, we just weren't there to see it.
Aug 11, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2012
Loogs said:
AAAAAAHHHHHHH that was so good. Last Future was probably the worst episode of the bunch so far, while this was easily one of the best. Am I biased because I just really fucking adore Junko? Maybe.

I personally like Future more than Despair, but this episode was the best one. Future > Despair so far though, I just don't really like SoL stuff that much.
Aug 11, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2008
SH4kun said:
Loogs said:

I personally like Future more than Despair, but this episode was the best one. Future > Despair so far though, I just don't really like SoL stuff that much.

Despair isn't gonna be SoL much longer with Izuru and Junko on the scene. Future imo isn't managing its time very well, mostly being pointless filler and foreshadowing so far, but I'm hoping that more interesting things will start happening now that we're at the halfway point. It doesn't really help that all the likeable characters have been killed lmao. It's been getting really dull and predictable since around episode 3, with the whole Seiko plot being one of the most painfully obvious attempts at audience manipulation I've ever seen.

Despair's been keeping up the pace and I'm so ready to see everything go to shit. Every episode has been really enjoyable on their own so far, while Future is resting on unanswered questions to stay interesting imo.
Aug 11, 2016 4:00 PM

Sep 2012
Loogs said:
SH4kun said:

Despair isn't gonna be SoL much longer with Izuru and Junko on the scene. Future imo isn't managing its time very well, mostly being pointless filler and foreshadowing so far, but I'm hoping that more interesting things will start happening now that we're at the halfway point. It doesn't really help that all the likeable characters have been killed lmao. It's been getting really dull and predictable since around episode 3, with the whole Seiko plot being one of the most painfully obvious attempts at audience manipulation I've ever seen.

Despair's been keeping up the pace and I'm so ready to see everything go to shit. Every episode has been really enjoyable on their own so far, while Future is resting on unanswered questions to stay interesting imo.

I'm just finding Future way more exciting since is the climax/finale of the series and anything can happen, really. Despair 1 was a nice introduction of characters, but Despair 2 was very boring with the DR2 shenanigans. Despair 3 picked it up all again and it's one of the best episodes, but Despair 4 was kinda lackluster (loved Komaeda's luck and the explanation as to why Jin his talent is important which connects to "Makoto Naegi's worst day Ever", but didn't really like the focus on Ruruka and Seiko) and then today we have Despair 5, which is the best one (Junko, Mukuro, Izuru...).

The only episode I disliked was from Future was episode 3, and that was mostly because backing out from killing Asahina (just a prank bro) seemed like bad writing. Juzo being a huge asshole, Munakata being a very radical and extremist person, Gozu/Tengan being cool and Monaca suddenly appearing is making it very interesting and enjoyable for me (the atmosphere is on another level as well, much more tense).

Basically, Future puts me in the edge on my seat and I wonder what is gonna happen next with Monaca's intervention, Munakata edginess and Juzo's stupidity, whereas Despair is more about expanding already known events and in which I'm only in for Junko, Mukuro and Komaeda (maybe Ibuki and Izuru too) and their interactions, but that's about it. I have no interest in the rest of the cast and how they fell into despair, since I found them boring for the most part in the second game. I don't really like that many characters in the series though.
Aug 11, 2016 4:10 PM
Aug 2016
Sirofcoffee said:
kawaii-despair said:

They should get married

I really hope that the dr2 kids will wake up. I do think Tanaka is the kind of person who'll have a high chance of surviving (He's determined).

In my opinion they're up there with MakotoXKirigiri, HajimeXChiaki and KomeadaXHope

nah. if there's someone with huge chance to wake up first it will be Komaeda

Monokuma once sai that Komaeda & Mikan had bigger chance to wake up cuz they died while knowing their real situation. adding his ultimate luck factor. he has 50% chance to wake up more than the other

imagine if Komaeda wake up and Despair already defeated. he must be dissapointed because he cannot see the fall of despair once again. and he might be screw everything again
Aug 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Feb 2010
I actually forgot how much of a bro the Impostor was, too bad we saw so little of him...
Aug 11, 2016 4:26 PM

Feb 2015
Yes! Junko is about to bring the despair, although I feel bad for the rest of the cast.
That leopard print coat is the best outfit of the whole series.
Aug 11, 2016 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
Nice little flashback with the imposter and Ryota. Imposter X Mikan?

Hiyoko did a great job growing up. She looks so much better without the loli body.

The despair sisters are finally here! Hype!

That ending. This smile is too precious!
Aug 11, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
oh fuck yes the hype. Next ep is gonna be the turning point.

>Btw tfw your loli waifu hits her growth spurt

Aug 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Mar 2015
BubblyHunter said:

In the game within the game it was Fuyuhiko that found out Mahiru took a photo no related to the murder? So I think he sort of knows.

I don't think the game was 100% faithful to the real events as evidenced by how things ended up in episode 3
MightyM16Aug 12, 2016 5:45 PM
Aug 11, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
So, from what we see in this episode, Mukuro also have a despair side and it's not just for Junko. But of course, her vision of despair is different from Junko.
Aug 11, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
JUNKO IS FINALLY HERE!!! When I saw her I was like "This is getting good" More Junko in the show. The better for me. Mukuro is so obsessed with her sister that is making her adorable. Naegi before entering the school felt so nostalgic. The fun is over. Time for some despair. Also that ending. Best of lucks Hinata-kun. I don't see hope though in the near future for all of them. Once again the Ultimate Fashionista is here and already in full despair mode.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 11, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
I love how Despair arc and Future arc tie everything together with a nice ribbon of new characters and service to the ones we've grown accustomed to. We will finally be able to see most of both DR+DR2 crews interact.

Sh1cky said:
JUNKO IS FINALLY HERE!!! When I saw her I was like "This is getting good" More Junko in the show. The better for me. Mukuro is so obsessed with her sister that is making her adorable. Naegi before entering the school felt so nostalgic. The fun is over. Time for some despair. Also that ending. Best of lucks Hinata-kun. I don't see hope though in the near future for all of them. Once again the Ultimate Fashionista is here and already in full despair mode.

Upupupupu! Thrills! Chills! Kills!
GomizillaAug 11, 2016 7:06 PM
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.