Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh Chisa getting the praise from her class with a welcome back ceremony. Nice.

Look like some familiar faces in the files shown this episode too including Kurogiri. I think the highlight of the episode is Junko's appearance. Wow, even after all this time she's still the same way as before. That ending though..
Stark700Aug 11, 2016 7:59 AM
Aug 11, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
Teacher's 6 months fast forwarded, and she found out about a project related to Conan's voice's character. Teacher coming back and the students held a party to welcome her back. The kimono girl grew up. Chubby guy thinks about making animation and there's a skinny guy who makes animation. Wow, despair girl.

She picks military girl up, who seems to be older sister and Do-M. Showing how Chubby guy saw animator guy and is pretending to be animator guy at school. Then showing main guy from first game / anime / Mirai-hen entering the school, and Conan's voice's character on the bed.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2016 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
Junko

Mukuro

Two Mitarais

My waifu, Mukuro and Izuru in a single episode. 10/10.

Despair is gonna be really good from here.
GoldenSaltPillarAug 11, 2016 8:08 AM
Aug 11, 2016 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
Oh c'mon Saionji,who the hell grows up like that in only half a year?? That chest gotta be fake (heh nice reference there tho)

No Komaeda!! ;_; I hope son comes back soon,he has to meet..the bitch.
Ok I never could've guessed Ikusaba being like that,but I guess that explains why she's so devoted towards Junko. God damn it Junko,gotta ruin every damn thing on your way.

"Anime saved my life" aaand weeb of the year award goes to Mitarai lmao. Omg,Impostor may be an impostor but he's such a bro!

Conclusion: Sakakura is the sole reason Hinata became that way. Fuck you boxer,really. Hinata.. oh you poor soul.. my heart aches when I see him :(

"Beginning of the end" indeed
Aug 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
For one, a very good episode on this side too!
Something is happening finally!

We get to see the relationship between Mukuro and Junko, with the one being obsessed with her sister; not only that, we clearly and finally see that the Impostor is a different person than the original Mitarai and this was pretty predictable to be honest.

Makoto joins the school along everyone else, and with Junko there, it means just one thing: DESPAIR. And I can't wait for it :D

Very good one, hype for the next.
Aug 11, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2010
We finally see some answers, instead of more questions.

Mukuro is not like I imagined her. I didn't read /Zero but in IF, Mukuro kinda revolted against Junko. This version of Mukuro seems like she wouldn't go against Junko no matter what.

Now everyone is on the school. It is like I am having a class reunion, I can't confine myself. Hyped for the next episode.

kawaii-despair said:
Oh c'mon Saionji,who the hell grows up like that in only half a year?? That chest gotta be fake (heh nice reference there tho)
Conclusion: Sakakura is the sole reason Hinata became that way. Fuck you boxer,really. Hinata.. oh you poor soul.. my heart aches when I see him :(

Obligatory image:
OonokamiAug 11, 2016 9:19 AM
Aug 11, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, I was not expecting Mitarai focused episode!
He wants to make a better anime but he doesn't have time to make the world better. Hmmmmmm, so there is this theory that Mirai-hen is actually an anime (like animeception), but for me, it never really made any sense XD
ERR CHISA? IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT? WTF JUST HAPPENED? XDDD
So she noticed Hinata's absence, ok.
OW THEY STILL HAPPY? I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE ALL GLOOMY AND SHIT Ç-Ç (OH MAN CHIAKI IS GOING TO DIE ISN'T SHE? SHE WAS THE ONE BRINGING THEM TOGETHER Ç-----Ç)
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT SAIONJIIIII??? LOL
Sonia and Gundaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
SWEET FANSERVICE THANKSSS

OH YEAAAAAAAH DESPAIR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN IS HERE! WAKU WAKU NO DOKI DOKI INDEED
Tsumiki and Ultimate Imposter's scene was so funny xD Poor Tsumiki.
Omg this episode was really really good! I'm so hyped!
Izuru is coming! o/
And we are going to be in despair all together pupupupu~~~

Aug 11, 2016 9:16 AM
Sep 2012
Beginning of the End, indeed.
Aug 11, 2016 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
kamukura hype desu, despair inc
Aug 11, 2016 9:20 AM

Dec 2012
Haha look who made a cameo
Aug 11, 2016 9:24 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god such a good episode. So now Chisa is back and the party scene was so cute. Hiyoko who got tall in half a year okay but I see the reference to the game. No news of Ko but im pretty sure he will comeback for Junko haha. Now we know why the impostor is not in Togami's form, but he's so nice to take care of the poor Ryota. :c But I hope we got to know more about impostor tho???
Naegi,Junko,Mukuro and the gang is back so it's time for despair and first killing game i'm so ready for this. And Hinata is now Izuru i can't handle this dont kill Nanami please. ;;
Aug 11, 2016 9:25 AM

May 2014
Is this ep a dead flag for Mitarai? lol But anyway, I really liked this one.

I really hope we will see Matsuda for the next ep.
broken english, sorry-

Jul 2012
Mitarai was pretty important this episode, so I guess you are going to know more about him next episode of Mirai-hen. :O
(Hope it is not a death flag D:)

The site was updated!
http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/danganronpa3/
taynisAug 11, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
I must say the impostor connection actually surprised me, i should noticed Impostor using Ryota name.
Anyway, this is truly exciting episode overall.
SirKurt said:

Obligatory image:

It's funny how last episode we had Komaeda in this picture
Seem Kodaka currently competing Nagito vs Juuzo for who is the best guy to ruin everything and my vote goes to Juuzo :3
Aug 11, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2014
Another perfect episode and we got to see the danganronpa/zero characters animated!!! On top of that we got amazing Chiaki moments, I'm glad to see she was still really happy even without seeing Hajime for so long. But speaking of Hajime... BAKA BAKA BAKA fucking Sakakura is the worst character ever because of him Hajime got some stupid idea into his head that he couldn't be proud around Nanami without talent aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Right now I don't know whether I dislike Munakata or Sakakura more there both scumbags. I even prefer Junko to the two of them because at least she despite being despair inducing actually has a really enjoyable character. Tsumiki moments were great even though I'm not particularly fond of her it was nice to see her happy. Mitarai is creepy at least the pretend Togami was pretty cool this ep (for the most part). The Sonaka moment was amazing, not really surprising that they're already together considering that in DR2 she started liking him despite only knowing him for a few days/weeks. Cool to see Saionji have her growth spurt, hahaha and of course we finally get to see the main character himself Naegi-kun.

Now that Junko's arrived we're gonna get despair to the max but I'm hoping for lots more Nanami moments, I want to see her happy.
Please Izuru you better remember Nanami.
Aug 11, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
A LOT of interesting developments are happening.

-Ultimate Imposter took on Mitarai's identity, who is actually living with him.
-YUTO!
-My bae Junko and her sister Mukuro appears
-6 Months had passed and it's a new school year.
-Makoto appears and I'm sure the rest of the 78th Class will be there soon.
-Izuru is born

Looks like the rest of this season is going to be really stacked. Love the relationship between Junko and Mukuro, I found it hilarious that Junko was trying to kill her with a grenade...in a moving limo no less.

Can someone explain to me what happen to Saionji? How does she look like that? In the game which takes place after the 1st season, she looks like how she normally would up to this point.

Aug 11, 2016 9:35 AM

Mar 2015
SKP138 said:

Can someone explain to me what happen to Saionji? How does she look like that? In the game which takes place after the 1st season, she looks like how she normally would up to this point.

The NW program used her memories before the school in which she was still a twerp
Aug 11, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2013
MightyM16 said:
SKP138 said:

The NW program used her memories before the school in which she was still a twerp

Ah, didn't think about that. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2016 9:40 AM

May 2016
Best episode yet!!!

Can't wait to see Izuru and more of Junko's shenanigans...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 11, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2008
Junko is finally here. Shit just got real. Been waiting for this since the first episode. Now, things are finally going to get interesting.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 11, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Mukuro Ikusaba has finally been animated ~ <3
"Hi!"
Aug 11, 2016 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
A Mitarai/imposter+Juko episode today.

I just love the interactions between the class. Especially Tanaka and Sonia. Though it's also nice to see Souda and Fuyuhiko being bros.
Some more Tsumiki time that isn't just fanservice. It's great how they combined her developing (a little bit) with the imposter explaining himself.

A great reminder of how bro the imposter is one of the greatest dudes in the class, even in dr2 he was one of the main characters in the 1st chapter. (Which was kinda why he was killed, damn Komeada and his glorius hope bagels)

Junko being a psycho is always nice, I really was waiting to see how she behaves in her daily life. We only got to see er as a mastermind so far. She is THE villain after all.

Finally Mitarai, it's similair to the expelled trio. We're getting some back story here, so they don't have to shoehorn in explaination in the mirai arc. This will probably mean that he'll start playing a bigger role. I don't think he's going to die that quickly though. His personallity is too hope centered, so I bet he'll get some interaction with Neagi and Munakata. Of all the new characters, he's probably on the top of the list of possible survivors. (I'd give him a 70% chance)

It's just awesome how the despair side helps the mirai side without forgetting to be it's own story.
SirofcoffeeAug 11, 2016 9:52 AM
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Aug 11, 2016 9:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well this had a ton of interesting developments. Feels like shit's about to go down starting next episode

Probably best ep thus far
Aug 11, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2014
Well the second year started..... I really like seeing Danganronpa 1 characters.... this should be danganronpa before 1....than again there is already a story of danganronpa zero....... this is filled with so many feels
Aug 11, 2016 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
I really like the Impostor. He was already one of my favorites between the DR2 characters, but this episode made me like him even more.

Also, Mitarai.

This kid seriously needs help.

Since Imposter's Mitarai impersonation looked way more happy and healthy than the real Mitarai we met in Mirai-hen, I thought that that was how he used to be in his school years, but apparently I was wrong. I pity him though, he didn't even have any friend. ):

Anyway, what made me the happiest in this episode:

These two are finally getting along 💜
And Souda cries.
Aug 11, 2016 10:02 AM

Sep 2014
Finally the despair sisters join the fray together with the 78th class. Was nice to see the impostor being such a nice guy aswell.

Also got my fix of Fuyuhiko and Mikan som I'm all good.
Jeppe950Aug 11, 2016 10:08 AM
Aug 11, 2016 10:11 AM

Feb 2012
Lmao when the fat Imposter guy said "You can only trust in fat and sugars".

A lot of info and developments this week. Great stuff. It was really nice how they welcomed back their teacher.
Aug 11, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2015
Screw hope , despair is much better lol.
Aug 11, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2015
Look at Junko in this episode and her sister too xD freaking awsome xD literally, a girl just exploded a taxi with a flesh human inside of it and yet, she's still called "ultimate fashion diva" xD

i don't know, but i'm excited to see junko again in this episode. moreover, with her sister. and not only that, to see Naegi again in this episode before he got into hope's peak academy...

but this episode more focused on that guy with animator talent's relationship with the ultimate impostor. that was interesting imo xD and to see his true color and to know that he's actually a kind guy.....i like that.

and that ending....that fake hope finally born xD i seriously can't wait to see what will happen. and based from what junko's sister said, if she got killed, junko would went despair. so her sister's death is the triggered ? now i wonder who will be the one to kill her...can't wait to see it.

and one more time, Hiyoko just grew up from 0 to 100 in just half of a year ?! that is ridiculous xD but i like that a lot xD

looking foward to the next episode XD
Aug 11, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2015
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY SHIT IS STARTING NEXT EPISODE (please make komaeda comeback too)

HYPE FOR KAMUKURA IZURU AND JUNKO IS REAL.

and this

Ah, I can't help but smile when this kind of thing happened.
Aug 11, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2016
My god, the imposter guy is such a bro. i really like him
Aug 11, 2016 10:31 AM

May 2016
Tevens said:

and based from what junko's sister said, if she got killed, junko would went despair. so her sister's death is the triggered ? now i wonder who will be the one to kill her...can't wait to see it.

Eh...WUT? WTF are you talkin about in that sentence? Did you forgot DR1?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2012
OH MY GOD IT'S JUNKO AND MUKURO AND KAMUKURA IZURU

shit's gonna go down
Aug 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
upupu time!

I like how the show is linking information from all DR sources into one, but at the same time I am a bit disappointed seeing the school in its active days feeling kinda empty. We were never shown the other students, teachers or the school facilities that we've seen in the games.
Aug 11, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Guys, I have a question. I just remembered how much of a fun time I had playing DR1 (which I still haven't finished), and I didn't play DR2 yet. That in mind, I still decided to watch both DR3, however I realized that this time with DR2 I want to experience the game first (which wasn't the case for me with DR1). So, my question is: did Zetsubou-hen so far give any spoilers to DR2? Also, do you predict that there'll be some? In which case let me know cuz if there were spoilers I'll stop here and put it on hold.
Aug 11, 2016 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
ShadowMonkey said:
Guys, I have a question. I just remembered how much of a fun time I had playing DR1 (which I still haven't finished), and I didn't play DR2 yet. That in mind, I still decided to watch both DR3, however I realized that this time with DR2 I want to experience the game first (which wasn't the case for me with DR1). So, my question is: did Zetsubou-hen so far give any spoilers to DR2? Also, do you predict that there'll be some? In which case let me know cuz if there were spoilers I'll stop here and put it on hold.

There is spoilers! HUGE ONES! :O

Aug 11, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2011
Not bad, 4/5. Let's start this party...

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Aug 11, 2016 10:43 AM

May 2016
ShadowMonkey said:

Lol, a buch of spoilers...

The Reverse Course existing...

Hajime being from the Reserve Course...

Hajime being a subject for the Project

The fat guy being an impostor (He was posing as Togami in the game)

and others...
Aug 11, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
ShadowMonkey said:

You should stop now. There were some spoilers, but not everything is lost now.
The game is on steam, and there are also Let's Play's (I reccomment NicoB)

If you want to get the most enjoyment out of the anime and dr2, stop with both Mirai and Zetsubou and play/watch Danganronpa 2 first.
Aug 11, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
Pixelzz said:

and this

They should get married
Aug 11, 2016 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
kawaii-despair said:

They should get married

I really hope that the dr2 kids will wake up. I do think Tanaka is the kind of person who'll have a high chance of surviving (He's determined).

In my opinion they're up there with MakotoXKirigiri, HajimeXChiaki and KomeadaXHope
SirofcoffeeAug 11, 2016 11:02 AM
Aug 11, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Sucks that one of them are dead in a comatose.
"Hi!"
Aug 11, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
kawaii-despair said:
Pixelzz said:

and this

They should get married

Damn you. you want to see me cry?

Aug 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Dec 2012
Pixelzz said:
kawaii-despair said:
They should get married

Just think about it, despair!Sonia is an actual evil queen and Gundam still the dark lord- the perfect couple to rule the world.
Don't cry,Gundam will wake up,I feel it.

Sirofcoffee said:
kawaii-despair said:

They should get married

I really hope that the dr2 kids will wake up. I do think Tanaka is the kind of person who'll have a high chance of surviving (He's determined).

In my opinion they're up there with MakotoXKirigiri, HajimeXChiaki and KomeadaXHope

Hinata x Nanami has no chance,Nana will be dead forever. Maybe you meant Hinata x Komaeda ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 11, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode, I think this arc is going to be better than Hope arc
Aug 11, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2016
kawaii-despair said:
Pixelzz said:

Just think about it, despair!Sonia is an actual evil queen and Gundam still the dark lord- the perfect couple to rule the world.

Sirofcoffee said:

Hinata x Nanami has no chance,Nana will be dead forever. Maybe you meant Hinata x Komaeda ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Komaeda will die from his mental disease
Aug 11, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2012

I'm not okay ç-ç

Aaaand so happy to see more SoniaxTanaka shippers! *-*
I always alone since everybody ships Kazuichi and Gundam D:

Aug 11, 2016 11:23 AM

Nov 2013
kawaii-despair said:

Damn you Yaoi fanboy :p
Aside from a flimsy chance with real Chiaki (There's pretty much a death flag parade right now) she's doesn't have a chance.
I meant how much I liked the pairing. Sure Komeada being in love with Hajime in dr2 is pretty much cannon, but it seems more one sided.
Well luckly for you, if anyone will wake up from their coma, it's that lucky white haired, hope obsessed SoB.
Aug 11, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
HyperL said:
kawaii-despair said:

Komaeda will die from his mental disease

Buuuuu,way to ruin the fun
Aug 11, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2013
JUNKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <333333333 MUKUROOOOOOOOOOO <33333

Oh man, I love this episode! The best episode so far
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.