Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (43) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
Malarkey said:
also @riho88riho, the code needs to be updated
Thanks! I've updated the code to reflect the current Ultimate Challenge list.
Jul 29, 2016 11:33 AM

May 2015
riho88riho said:
Malarkey said:
also @riho88riho, the code needs to be updated
yw c:

how does one vote for the August challenge?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jul 29, 2016 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
Malarkey said:
riho88riho said:
yw c:

Go here and look over the different ones submitted then cast your vote through the poll! ^-^
Jul 29, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2015
riho88riho said:
Malarkey said:
yw c:

Go here and look over the different ones submitted then cast your vote through the poll! ^-^
okay thanks! .^.
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jul 30, 2016 8:26 AM

Jan 2008
I have a question regarding Tamayura Collection [http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132#msg47147442].

Does anyone know, if the Tamayura: More Aggressive Picture Drama has been subbed [if it needs subs], or where it can be watched? I can only find raws and AniDB has no info about subs.
-
Jul 30, 2016 6:54 PM

Mar 2013
Is the recommendation challenge tv types only? I know the starting point is TV only but is everything else also tv only?
Jul 30, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:
Is the recommendation challenge tv types only? I know the starting point is TV only but is everything else also tv only?

Nope. The starting is TV type, but after that, any other type is allowed.
Jul 31, 2016 3:29 AM

Jan 2016
When a challenge doesn't specify that rewatches are not allowed, do they count, given that you rewatched the anime in full between your start and end dates? I rewatched Kuroshitsuji this week, and Ciel would count for the mixed eyes criteria in the People Challenge, but I'm not sure if I can put it down.
Aug 5, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2015
Quick question, can we do the same monthly challenge twice ?
Aug 5, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
-Eien- said:
Quick question, can we do the same monthly challenge twice ?

So far, x2 doesn't apply.
Aug 5, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
lycheejane said:
When a challenge doesn't specify that rewatches are not allowed, do they count, given that you rewatched the anime in full between your start and end dates? I rewatched Kuroshitsuji this week, and Ciel would count for the mixed eyes criteria in the People Challenge, but I'm not sure if I can put it down.

People Challenge doesn't allow re-watches. It's not stated, but it's pretty clear.
Aug 7, 2016 10:17 PM

Jul 2012
For the two One Piece recaps (One Piece: Kinkyuu Kikaku One Piece Kanzen Kouryakuhou and the ova) are there English subs or a dubbed version available? I know there was a version with French subs and Spanish subs but I can't seem to find anything for English.
Aug 7, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2010
GamerDLM said:
For the two One Piece recaps (One Piece: Kinkyuu Kikaku One Piece Kanzen Kouryakuhou and the ova) are there English subs or a dubbed version available? I know there was a version with French subs and Spanish subs but I can't seem to find anything for English.

I sent you PM about OVA which is subbed.
One Piece: Kinkyuu Kikaku One Piece Kanzen Kouryakuhou not sure if there are english subs. I watched a RAW.
Aug 8, 2016 1:31 AM

Nov 2013
I watched it with French hardsub, I think. Not that I can speak French.
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 9, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2014
Can Onigiri count as a Magical Girl anime? It basically is
Aug 9, 2016 6:35 PM

Feb 2010
I actually agree it is, but I also think a bunch of things that DO count right now are not (and I also admit I used A LOT of them), but the basis of the challenge is using the malgraph list, which is what it is.

There are some shows that are undoubtly magical girl shows, and to be honest I think only those should count (Sakura, Nanoha, Sailor Moon, Madoka, etc)... but that wouldn't be enough for an achievement (and maybe for a challenge), so then you have to go to a more subjective terrain which is hard to gauge, and I don't think Riho and IMKZ can go case by case for each person, which is why, in the end, just going with the list for the achievement is the easy way out here and the better option... even if not the most perfect one.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Aug 10, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2013
About August 2016 Challenge, would kin (金) also count as an equivalent of "gold"?
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 10, 2016 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
abystoma2 said:
About August 2016 Challenge, would kin (金) also count as an equivalent of "gold"?

Yes.
Aug 10, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
I'm still rather new to the club and have a couple of questions.

First - I'm doing the daily OVA challenge and yesterday I forgot to update my mal list but I did watch the show. Does it count as a missed day as I added the title to my list a day late (but put in the correct date) or doesn't it matter as long as the "watched" date is correct?

Second - I've seen some people doing multiple challenges in one post. Like they have "easy" "medium" and "hard" in one post. I'm just wondering if you do this what are the rules for turning them in? Do you have to compleat all of them before you turn them in or can you turn in one at a time?

Oh and also, when turning in a challenge on the turn in the forum can you turn in multiple challenges in one post?
Aug 10, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
Rojo said:
I'm still rather new to the club and have a couple of questions.

First - I'm doing the daily OVA challenge and yesterday I forgot to update my mal list but I did watch the show. Does it count as a missed day as I added the title to my list a day late (but put in the correct date) or doesn't it matter as long as the "watched" date is correct?
That's fine just don't make a habit of it =)

Second - I've seen some people doing multiple challenges in one post. Like they have "easy" "medium" and "hard" in one post. I'm just wondering if you do this what are the rules for turning them in? Do you have to compleat all of them before you turn them in or can you turn in one at a time?
You can turn them in when each individual is complete, they don't all have to be complete. Personally I don't recommend doing them all in one post (I personally try not) and double posting is not a problem, but if you do want them all in one, they're still treated separately

Oh and also, when turning in a challenge on the turn in the forum can you turn in multiple challenges in one post?
Yes you can. Or you can double post - the choice is up to you so long as all the needed information is listed for each challenge being turned in.
Aug 10, 2016 2:04 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
In the Scavenger Hunt #04, about this
< ... that has dogs in it >
Can it be one or does it needs 2+?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 10, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
@riho88riho: Awesome!! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. ^_^
Aug 10, 2016 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:
In the Scavenger Hunt #04, about this
< ... that has dogs in it >
Can it be one or does it needs 2+?

One's cool.
Aug 10, 2016 6:40 PM

Aug 2015
riho88riho said:

-- [X] ... that has 5 or less clubs associated with it

Just wanted to confirm, could we use a series with 0 clubs associated with it? Or do we need to a least have 1? Just wanted to double check.
Aug 11, 2016 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
AYOSHINA said:
riho88riho said:

Just wanted to confirm, could we use a series with 0 clubs associated with it? Or do we need to a least have 1? Just wanted to double check.

0 is cool. 5 ≥ { 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0}
Aug 11, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2011
hi there, just a little question about the voice actor challenge.
Is there a reason as to why "ONA" are omitted ?
Aug 11, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2010
aemiliuz said:

There aren't enough of them, maybe ?
Aug 11, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2011
Jhiday said:
aemiliuz said:

There aren't enough of them, maybe ?

Maybe.
If that the reason it might be an idea to slip it in the special category.
After all special might be a hard to achieve category for those who have an already substantial complete list.
Aug 15, 2016 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
I watched this anime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/29844/Nekoronde_TV
and want to use it for the Aired 2014 Challenge since it aired in 2014. BUT, that's all there is. No date with a month or day are given. Can I still use it and put it into any season slot? Or are anime without a Month forbidden from any of the Aired challenges?
Aug 15, 2016 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
@lanblade
don't know if it's trustworthy or not, but according to hummingbird it started airing in January.
Aug 15, 2016 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
does anyone where to watch/download Suteneko Tora-chan movies from the movie-series challenge?
Aug 15, 2016 5:31 PM

Aug 2015
Reeceeboy said:
does anyone where to watch/download Suteneko Tora-chan movies from the movie-series challenge?

Mmm, Suteneko Tora-chan? You should be able to just Google it. I was able to pull the eng sub through the search engine.
Aug 15, 2016 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
Oh really? I was unable to find it when i tried searching for it and the torrent I have been trying to download hasn't even moved an inch. And all I found was the video with no eng subs
Aug 15, 2016 5:51 PM

Aug 2015
Reeceeboy said:
Oh really? I was unable to find it when i tried searching for it and the torrent I have been trying to download hasn't even moved an inch. And all I found was the video with no eng subs

PM'd.
Aug 15, 2016 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1511558

>Previously seen doesn't count, but starting date can be the beginning of the month

So I had previously seen the 1st ep of this entry 2 yrs ago because it was a one-shot anime.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/28205/Fastening_Days
But a 2nd ep was created this month and the entry was modified to reflect that leaving me and 1k+ users now with a gap as it was now incomplete. I just watched the 2nd episode today and formally set the show to complete with 2/2.

Is this entry disqualified due to the "previously seen" stipulation for the 1st ep? Or can it count towards the challenge due to the 2nd ep being created 2 years later?
Aug 16, 2016 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
lanblade said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1511558

>Previously seen doesn't count, but starting date can be the beginning of the month

So I had previously seen the 1st ep of this entry 2 yrs ago because it was a one-shot anime.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/28205/Fastening_Days
But a 2nd ep was created this month and the entry was modified to reflect that leaving me and 1k+ users now with a gap as it was now incomplete. I just watched the 2nd episode today and formally set the show to complete with 2/2.

Is this entry disqualified due to the "previously seen" stipulation for the 1st ep? Or can it count towards the challenge due to the 2nd ep being created 2 years later?

It can be counted. Especially since many users have been set incomplete for the anime and counting this will help for the purpose of the challenge.
Aug 17, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
I watched this anime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/29844/Nekoronde_TV
and want to use it for the Aired 2014 Challenge since it aired in 2014. BUT, that's all there is. No date with a month or day are given. Can I still use it and put it into any season slot? Or are anime without a Month forbidden from any of the Aired challenges?
Go ahead and just use it where ya want in the challenge lol it'll be a wildcard ;D
Aug 18, 2016 4:46 PM

Jan 2016
For the 52 Week challenge, I'm starting my weeks on Monday, but can I use this week (19th August {Friday} - 22nd August {Sunday}) or should I wait until Monday to start Week 1?
Aug 18, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
I have one doubt.
There are a few challenges where we can't use the same anime we are watching for the Highest Scored Anime Challenge. So far I've been following this rule, but I just notice that I'm not doing the challenge in this club >.<
I'm in the spanish version and I only get listed here when Shey shares everyone's lists. So, my acomplishments on that one are not here but in the other club.
So, my question. I still need to follow the rule where my Highest score anime cannot overlap with the challenges?

- well, I don't have the intention to overlap anything, but I wanted to know just in case.
Also, I apologise in advance for my bad English. Seems like my brain can only think in spanish ;^;
Aug 18, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
Are using previously seen anime allowed for the Exposure challenges?
The Genre challenges explicitly state no but I wasn't sure with Exposure since re-watching isn't allowed but there wasn't a mention of just using a previously seen anime to fufill a requirement w/rewatching it.
Aug 19, 2016 3:11 AM
Jul 2018
MukuroChwan said:
I have one doubt.
There are a few challenges where we can't use the same anime we are watching for the Highest Scored Anime Challenge. So far I've been following this rule, but I just notice that I'm not doing the challenge in this club >.<
I'm in the spanish version and I only get listed here when Shey shares everyone's lists. So, my acomplishments on that one are not here but in the other club.
So, my question. I still need to follow the rule where my Highest score anime cannot overlap with the challenges?

- well, I don't have the intention to overlap anything, but I wanted to know just in case.
Also, I apologise in advance for my bad English. Seems like my brain can only think in spanish ;^;

Whether you choose to overlap or not, both are fine, since the versions are separate and not directly related.
lanblade said:
The Genre challenges explicitly state no but I wasn't sure with Exposure since re-watching isn't allowed but there wasn't a mention of just using a previously seen anime to fufill a requirement w/rewatching it.

Previously seen are not allowed; hence the title 'exposure.'
Aug 19, 2016 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
IMKZ said:

lanblade said:

yikes. I won't be able to fufill the birthday stipulation then. I've already seen all the subbed OVAs during my birth year and earlier. Honestly, there are almost no OVAs in general in the "early" years, let alone subbed ones.
Yokoo's 3 Animation Films from 1965 is the earliest subbed OVA then it jumps 18 years to Midori no Neko from 1983 as the next earliest subbed anime. Probably so few OVAs were made b/c VHS players weren't a household item yet. Late 80's/early 90's kids will have lots to choose.

Can do a "half-your-age-plus-seven" rule and watch an anime the year or earlier my somkin' wife would have been born in if I was a Hollywood movie star?
Aug 19, 2016 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
lanblade said:
IMKZ said:

yikes. I won't be able to fufill the birthday stipulation then. I've already seen all the subbed OVAs during my birth year and earlier. Honestly, there are almost no OVAs in general in the "early" years, let alone subbed ones.
Yokoo's 3 Animation Films from 1965 is the earliest subbed OVA then it jumps 18 years to Midori no Neko from 1983 as the next earliest subbed anime. Probably so few OVAs were made b/c VHS players weren't a household item yet. Late 80's/early 90's kids will have lots to choose.

Can do a "half-your-age-plus-seven" rule and watch an anime the year or earlier my somkin' wife would have been born in if I was a Hollywood movie star?

Getting a complete exposure for a particular item where you have nothing else to watch is great.

Sure, go ahead and play around with your birth date.
Aug 19, 2016 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
lycheejane said:
For the 52 Week challenge, I'm starting my weeks on Monday, but can I use this week (19th August {Friday} - 22nd August {Sunday}) or should I wait until Monday to start Week 1?
Yea, you can go ahead and use this week a long as you started and finish it within this week (starting Monday since that's they day you're starting ya weeks). So if ya watch something today through Sunday, that'd count, but technically anything since Monday would too for ya.
Aug 23, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
@riho88riho Sorry to bother you! But does http://myanimelist.net/anime/25567 count for my OVA per day challenge? The title of it has "OVA" people in the reviews refer to it as an OVA but in the type it says Speical? So would this count as an OVA or not?
Aug 26, 2016 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
I'm wondering how the easy, medium, hard, and conquered difficulties work. So If I were doing the demographics challenge, and I wanted to get the hard reward, would that be a total of 25, or 70 series completed? If it's 25, would that only be giving me credit for the hard challenge, and not the easy/medium challenges?
MysticGooseAug 26, 2016 9:47 PM
Aug 26, 2016 10:21 PM

Jul 2010
MysticGoose said:
I'm wondering how the easy, medium, hard, and conquered difficulties work. So If I were doing the demographics challenge, and I wanted to get the hard reward, would that be a total of 25, or 70 series completed? If it's 25, would that only be giving me credit for the hard challenge, and not the easy/medium challenges?

You can work on any difficulty at any time and you can do all of them at once (you can use each anime for only one of them though). So if you want to do hard difficulty first, you have to watch 25 entries in case of Demographic challenge and they will count only towards that hard difficulty, not easy or medium. But you can for example watch 12 different shounen anime and use 5 for hard, 4 for medium and 3 for easy even if you don't have any of the difficulties completed yet. If you want to do all 3 difficulties, you still have to watch 60 different anime for Demographic challenge.
Aug 26, 2016 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
MysticGoose said:

If you complete 25 you just complete hard, to get through all three ranks and get the associated points you would have to watch 60. So you can start with any section like say I tend to start with hard/conquered and work my way down or you can start at easy and work your way up.
You'll notice on the challenge turn in there's a small section for updating challenges so say you can record your progress if you happen to complete easy while working towards hard.
There's also the note that completing all of the ranks at least once often gives the option for things like X2 badges which is basically doing the all of challenge over again for an improved badge.
So to use your example the maximum amount of points you can get for the Demographics challenge is 7 for one full attempt, each version (easy/medium/hard) cannot have series that overlap, so to complete all of them you would need 60 series. If you did hard first you would then get the hard reward (Hard version badge and 3.5 Points).
Aug 27, 2016 12:25 AM

Apr 2012
Thanks that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (43) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🌸April 2024 Challenge [NEW RESTRICTION ADDED] ( 1 2 3 4 )

AWCC_admin - Mar 31

195 by MickeyMinaj »»
2 hours ago

» 🟤 Anime Auction House「 Round 06: MAR 19 | Sign Up R.06 CLOSED | Everyone until APR 19 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 23, 2020

1520 by TrueArcanum »»
4 hours ago

» Alpha-Producer Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Imyreld - Dec 22, 2020

307 by Combeferre »»
6 hours ago

» Scavenger Hunt #11 [Ferry Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jan 9, 2017

319 by silveraaki »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

» Scavenger Hunt #09 [Ferry Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Nov 18, 2016

319 by silveraaki »»
Yesterday, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.