Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 9, 2016 1:15 AM

Jun 2016
Wish we saw more of Yagi than just being a cooking god, man was fantastic in the last episode.
Aug 9, 2016 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
Gyoza looks really good
Aug 9, 2016 6:04 AM

Jun 2013
So we see Kotori's mom here looking like the adult she is. She is at ease because a nice sensei from school comes over from time to time. And Shinobu meets this sensei. She's pretty straightforward lol, telling Inuzuka that he looks so plain so he is easy to forget. And Tsumugi is super happy because Shinobu has offered to help and things will become a bit like a party. The word "party" gets Tsumugi excited and she invites her friends and Yagi. Inuzuka stops her because it wouldn't be nice to invite a bunch of kids to someone else's house, so he has her invite them to another party at their house. Nice seeing her getting sad after she was told that she can't invite her friends.

But Yagi still comes lol. And Yagi and Shinobu, being good at cooking, do a lot of the work. They didn't know the exact purpose of Kotori and Inuzuka doing this so they continue with doing the cutting and cooking and whatever leaving the others in awe. And after finding out the real purpose, Shinobu says that she'll come very occasionally because she's busy and because she cares about her friends feelings.
Aug 9, 2016 6:30 AM

Oct 2014
6 episodes... one of those moment when you hope MAL has an 11. <3

Though, I hope it won't get into unnecessary romantic development.
The only love that should be here is the familial love we are presented every week in this anime.
Aug 9, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2015
Yagi is such a pro, lol XD.

Great episode. It made me really hungry, looking at all the delicious food....

Aug 9, 2016 1:33 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good episode and much more energetic that normal.

Character development for this show is going pretty well and every character is showing some great growth. The expression that Kotori made when Shinobu discovered her cooking with Kouhei was pretty funny.

I think its nice that Shinubu decided that help teach Kotori how to cook as she could get better with it quickly and also bringing a bit more fun to the episodes. Plus she brings a lot more positivity to the show than Kotori does on her own.

The food shown in this episode looked as tasty as ever and Tsumugi was as cute as ever and the synergy between Shinobu and Yagi were amazing as they work pretty well together despite this being the first time they met.

On a side note its nice to hear Haruka Tomatsu's voice again as its been so long since i heard her
ShingsterAug 9, 2016 1:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2016 2:42 PM
Apr 2014
I don't know why but I love it when Yagi appears in an episode :D He somehow adds so much even though it's mostly an overused stereotype character. It's hilarious to see him be around Kouhei and Tsumugi :D His introduction previously was nice already but this ep was even better. Especially when he "started cooking" and they were mesmerized by it xD I mean he was just cutting vegetables :D And obviously he knows how to do that if he works in a restaurant!
Aug 9, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2009
Gyoza is love, gyoza is life.
Aug 9, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
QUITE THE PARTY EH?!

Yagi being a pro and a bro too is always nice.
Aug 9, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
Beautiful and sweet episode as always :)
Aug 9, 2016 9:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Only like 6 chicken wings, that's like for 1 person only.

Best part was the Kotori moments. She's starting to fall for the teacher. They look like such a happy family.

Yagi's cooking's skills, I wish I could chop things as fast as he does it.

I couldn't help but rewatch the scene where Tsumugi's expression changes after Koehei reads the party invitation. Very adorable

Aug 10, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
x3mslayer said:
Gyoza is love, gyoza is life.
Is Japanese perogies. I'd like to know more about the chicken gyoza that Yagi brought.

LovelyHikari said:
Only like 6 chicken wings, that's like for 1 person only.
They were the size of a chicken leg with thigh. That's a lot of food, when you also add both the fried and boiled gyozas.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 10, 2016 6:19 AM

Nov 2012
With those two it's even better! Hope to see more people included in the cooking.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 10, 2016 12:59 PM
Aug 2012
This episode really motivated me to make boiled Gyoza/Dumplings from scratch for the first time. Turned out surprisingly well! Rolling out the dough dough was back-breaking though .__.
Aug 10, 2016 2:11 PM
Aug 2013
The gyoza looked delicious, it made me hungry. ;_;

Sure got more lively with Yagi and Shinobu joining in, i like having them around.
Aug 10, 2016 7:07 PM

Apr 2011
I really want to try some gyoza, I'll try to find a restaurant that sells one or buy one at grocery thats ready to cook. If there is one.

Fun little party. The gang is complete. This anime makes me feel better and relax.
Aug 11, 2016 12:37 AM

Oct 2015
Nice to see others joining in to cook. Hope they make appearances.
Tsumugi was cute as usual.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Aug 11, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
MexicanNinja212 said:
Another weekly does of my anti-violence deterrent. What a wonderful episode. Always love seeing Tsumugi's reactions.

L-Ryoshi said:

Technically, there was suppose to be a flashback to their college days when Yagi was playing wingbro to Inazuka and Tsumugi's mom.. it was a great little scene and I'm kind of disappointed they chose to skip animating it.

Does that mean its a ship? Can I set sail on it?

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you hiring crew members ? Cause i wanna sail on it too

Though , that was a bad move right there , the animatores should have not skipped the flashback , i mean why make him say that line then ?.. or maybe they didn't want the viwers to see the ship . Im just saying
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Aug 12, 2016 1:41 PM
Mar 2016
Vhailor said:
I'm glad Shinobu didn't ask Kotori the predictable and cliche question "do you like sensei?", even though it's obvious she does.
Vhailor said:
I'm glad Shinobu didn't ask Kotori the predictable and cliche question "do you like sensei?", even though it's obvious she does.

Agree....................................
Aug 13, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
There I go... shipping dem ships even harder after this episode XD.

All dis delicious food HNG...

Great episode!
Aug 13, 2016 7:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Another super enjoyable episode.

Kotori is becoming the perfect wife! I just love how sweet she is.

Her friend knows what's up, truing to sail the ship of Kotori and Sensei.

I'd love to see a cross over between this and Food Wars. It practically writes itself! Soma and Tsumugi would be a hilarious combination.
Aug 14, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2008
Like every week, soothing episode. Those flashbacks are sad though...
Aug 14, 2016 1:18 PM

May 2015
Gyoza party for the win :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 15, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
Whoahoho said:
Vhailor said:
Vhailor said:

Agree....................................

Right!!! Not sure if a romantic ending would be a good thing for this anime.

Never heard of Gorza before but it good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 16, 2016 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
Gyoza party eh? That must be really fun! I want to eat gyoza~ xD

Yagi is a chef? Wow!

Hmm I think both of their friends knew that they should protect those three's smiles xD
Poor Yagi.. He's stuck with that kind of role again
"Signature removed"
Aug 16, 2016 1:28 AM

Oct 2008
A Gyoza Party Episode!
LOL Yagi-san & Shinobu are better cooks and the three just watched them do the hard parts of making the Gyoza ingredients. Later on the three also helped on making Gyoza.
4/5.

Aug 17, 2016 8:00 AM
Dec 2009
This show is really dangerous to watch late at night... 12:00AM and I want gyoza now.

Plice said:
Best cooking anime imo.

Love how this is always so relaxing.

Agreed. All the battle cooking anime are fun to watch but this show is realistic and cute.
Aug 18, 2016 10:35 AM

Feb 2011
I love that Tsumugi was helping while making gyoza and actually interests her and makes her happy ^.^
Aug 19, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
Shinobu is really good girl, never expected she would be so perceptive.
Even though they won't be cooking with each other for now I wonder if they'll celebrate new year together.
Aug 24, 2016 4:33 AM

Jun 2013
Now I can get down with gyoza. I love savory foods. I make my own gyoza often. We call it mandu in Korean.

I like Shinobu, I like her upbeat personality (sometimes I hate it but in this case, I like it) unlike Kotori who looks like she's about to have an orgasm/heart attack all the time.
臭い-
Aug 24, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
Tsumugi seems to enjoy "parties" a lot hehe
I was thinking the friend was going to ask Kotori if she is in love with sensei LOL
Sep 14, 2016 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Cute time also the narrative, but the credit goes mainly to Tsumugi, Shinobu, another bit to Yagi and Kotori. Unfortunately it does not take off the plot, while the small step taken forward in the relationship between the father and Tsumigi and Kotori, should change for once, the narrative structure and give space to the growth of the various characters.
Every time I see those three, cooking, I always hungry. :Q___
Sep 22, 2016 3:20 PM

May 2012
Everyone getting together :3 very cute episode!
Nov 15, 2016 9:54 PM

Mar 2015
I thought Yagi and Shinobu were family?

It is fun to make gyoza!

ED Animation: 3.3/5

3.5/5
Jan 2, 2017 12:39 AM

Mar 2015
These episodes are making me so hungry D:
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 28, 2017 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
Tsumugi's cheering dance was kawaii!
A nice party with Yagi and Shinobu.
Sep 10, 2017 10:05 PM

Jun 2016
A gyoza party with everyone! Haha. Oh my. This episode is everything.

I'm laughing so hard at Kouhei-sensei and Kotori-chan while watching Yagi-san and Shinobu chopping veggies. The two of them look so amazed.

I want a gyoza now even though it's my first time knowing about that food. Waah.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 2, 2017 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
Kotori x Kouhei
Shinobu x Yuusuke

Ray_Light said:
Gyoza party eh? That must be really fun! I want to eat gyoza~ xD

Yagi is a chef? Wow!

Hmm I think both of their friends knew that they should protect those three's smiles xD
Poor Yagi.. He's stuck with that kind of role again

i think by that Yagi meant the role between 2 who love each other but don't realize it that he has to help him again to realizes hes feelings at one point that he was in that role before when he met Tsumugi's mother

lzac said:
"I'm stuck in this role again!"

lmao! Yagi knows what's up.

he sure does

MexicanNinja212 said:
Another weekly does of my anti-violence deterrent. What a wonderful episode. Always love seeing Tsumugi's reactions.

L-Ryoshi said:

Technically, there was suppose to be a flashback to their college days when Yagi was playing wingbro to Inazuka and Tsumugi's mom.. it was a great little scene and I'm kind of disappointed they chose to skip animating it.

Does that mean its a ship? Can I set sail on it?

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i believe u can i am on that Ship sins EP1 :)

Cratex said:
Busted!

Honestly, Kotori, how long did you think you were going to be able to hide this from Shinobu? :D

her busted face made my day lol

bittersweetlove said:
Tsumugi seems to enjoy "parties" a lot hehe
I was thinking the friend was going to ask Kotori if she is in love with sensei LOL
Vhailor said:

in a way she did ask it & Kotori answered she got that its about love not just friendship the thing with Kotori & sensei

at the beginning i expected Shinobu to make a joke like ur cooking problems are over if u2 get married, i did not just expect that i was also hopping that cause i want to see them freak out lose their SH XD

but i guess that would have been to much romcom style for this anime XD

MexicanNinja212 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

You're free to do as you like, mate. Just know that romance is on a lighter side of this show, even up to the current part of the manga. Whilst the romantic links, whilst hinted every now and then, the mangaka refuses to sacrifice the focus on every characters interactions and development into better versions of themselves for it (Tsumugi especially). There may well be romance in the future of this series, but the slow progression and the mangaka's focus make this so such drama would be way further in the future if it happens.

Oh, and sorry for the late replies. Falling asleep on an empty stomach was no fun...

In all honesty I think that's the best way for this series to depict a romance. While spontaneous love/admiration may be great for some, I don't think this is one of those. While raising his daughter and getting over the death of his wife I would expect Kouhai to not really notice any romantic advances (I don't think there has been a single one, but covering my bases) or interests. Simply because throughout the series we see him putting priority number one Tsumugi, which is honestly how it should be. Besides, I actually watch this for cute Tsumugi and Kotori moments, everything else is just a plus.

Also, falling asleep on an empty stomach after watching cooking shows is the worst, right? Lol

well Kotori is slowly moving like this in to he heart & some day he will notice her
Sugram22Dec 2, 2017 8:20 AM
Sep 14, 2018 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
Nice, soothing, cute and refreshing. I love seeing the different recipes every episode. I might try one myself these days.
Feb 13, 2019 9:30 AM

Nov 2016
What a lively episode :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2020 7:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A party with everyone, it's so cute !
Nov 4, 2020 5:32 AM

Oct 2010
Hey I didnt get invited to the gyoza party...
Feb 15, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
6th episode and still going strong with NO SUBS :D

What a great series to practice my listening comprehension with. Perfect mix between very simple words and structure from interactions with Tsumugi, and a more polite/mature interaction between the rest of the cast.

Kore kara mo ganbarouuuu!
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Apr 1, 2021 8:07 AM
Dec 2019
I really like that blonde guy
Feb 8, 2023 6:36 PM
Aug 2020
more tsumugi cute moments
Jun 3, 2023 10:57 AM

Aug 2019
why does it happen so often that the main girl is kind of boring and the side character girl (in this show shinobu) is so much cuter and over all better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

310 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.