Forum Settings
Forums

Unpopular/Forgotten Manga you would want Animated?

New
Aug 3, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2009
What unpopular or forgotten Manga would you want animated, receive a continued adaption or get rebooted, and why?

Archived Original Post:
waalex11Oct 24, 2020 12:10 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 4, 2016 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
NG Life is a manga that, to me is a true masterpiece, which I'd love for it to get an anime adaption.

The balance of drama, comedy, mystery and romance is amazing.
More into detail. What I love about this story is, first, its concept of past lives. The protagonist being the only one having full memory of his past life (with regrets) and meeting/living with his reincarnated friends. Including his wife, who is now male. And his best male friend who is now female.

One thing I really love about this manga is something that I fucking love of the psychological genre. ... When the author deeply brings you into the protagonist's mind, in a way that you can strongly and truly feel for the character.

... I'd love to see those dramatic moments animated... and the romance with mixed feelings of (ship the former wife who is now male, or ship the male friend who is now female, or another female...) for the character AND the reader. Because, at least to me, unlike most genderbender romance that can be cringy. This truly didn't bother me at all with how well it's done.
The character development is so strong and beautiful as well. Man ...

Personally I think it would be very successful and popular in its own right if directed correctly. With the right music and voice actors as well as pacing. Maybe not for a general fan base just because of his wife being reincarnated as a male. But like I said. Its so well done I don't think many people would care. I believe it would become a great romance to the beat romance list if not a very good one for most fans. To me it's amazing but.

(So that's one manga to start off. From my list at least)
waalex11Oct 24, 2020 12:11 PM
Aug 4, 2016 11:44 PM
Mar 2015
It is not exactly unpopular but Hoshi no Samidare. If done properly it has the potential of being the best battle shounen anime on MAL (it is seinen but it feels a lot like a shounen). It has everything I want from an action anime. All the characters are great, the romance is very well done and the story has the perfect amount of action and drama.

Personally I liked the manga a lot more than HxH or FMA and I think if it had a decent anime adaptation it would be my favorite action anime.
Aug 4, 2016 11:45 PM
Mar 2011
otmnay to name really when you have read the amount of manga i have is hard to name just a few
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 4, 2016 11:49 PM
Jan 2013
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
lequack said:
Hoshi no Samidare
Or anything from Mizukami really

Also give back High Score Girl the anime it deserved to have

My mind drifted from the "unpopular" when writing this so just pretend it didn't
gone bai bai
Aug 5, 2016 12:00 AM

Dec 2009
DateYutaka said:
otmnay to name really when you have read the amount of manga i have is hard to name just a few
Holy Fuck! #Respect ! Why hide your age?

I don't care about reaching that amount myself one day maybe, I don't know. But I sure as hell tell myself I will always watch anime and read manga simply because I love it. I'm 21. My prime years of completing over 200 anime were my high school days. After that it's calmeded down a lot. It's very slow now compared to those days. Man if only MALGraph still worked, I'd check your list.
Aug 5, 2016 12:06 AM

Oct 2014
Aho Girl and possibly the random crossover manga to link it to Fairy Tail, Suzuka, Nanatsu no Taizai, and several other unrelated anime. I enjoyed Sweet Magic Syndrome, although I think it works better as a manga anyway.
Aug 6, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
Sugar Dark! I'd love to see that animated. I don't remember much but its very unique ... it's dark with weird monsters and romance ... Haha I know that's vague as fuck but I'll have to check my notes to refresh my memory. It's very unique and short so it'd be very enjoyable to watch animated.
Aug 7, 2016 1:56 AM

Jul 2014
Sasori AKA Female Prisoner 701 Scorpion. It has been adapted into a series of live action films but I'd love to see what it'd be like animated. The only issue is that it feels rather dated.

The same applies to Lady Snowblood. Has also been adapted into a live action movie (also with Meiko Kaji in the lead role) but it really would be interesting to see what they could do with it in the medium of animation.
Take care of yourself

Aug 7, 2016 1:05 PM
Feb 2011
Obligatory Hoshi no Samidare.
I'd also say Vampire Juujikai. I think this one would be loved by the masses. Could make a great 24-25 ep anime.
Aug 9, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2016
Not really that unpopular because of release by Kodansha, I would want Vinland Saga to get an adaptation. I imagine it could have a really great OST with it too.
Aug 9, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Boku girl.....not that popular or average but i definitely want that animated :3
Aug 9, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2013
Very underrated - Ito Junji's works, uzumaki in a TV series and his shorter works into movies, no cgi.
It will open up the way for more horror series, like a franken fran adaptation.
Aug 9, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
"Who Killed Cock Robin"

is an unpopular, very, very poorly translated manga that I would love to see get translators on it and such.

Live here in the now, chill with your buddy, Jambles.
Mangalist
Animelist
FanFiction/My Writing

Aug 11, 2016 2:31 AM

Dec 2009
Anyone else has a manga that is unpopular or forgotten that they have many reasons as to why and how it would do as an anime? Or could.
Aug 11, 2016 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
Juuhou Kaikin!! Hyde and Closer.

I remember really like this manga.....Iike, its not too short, has a pretty decent story and nice art.

Also ST&RS would make a good anime.....
Aug 11, 2016 4:13 AM

Jan 2015
@waalex11

MAL graph does work, well there's a new one:

http://graph.anime.plus/

I'd like to see Solanin animated by Production I.G. Since they're my fave studio and their anime have a high production value usually. Since a lot of anime now are slice of life, it would appeal to existing SOL fans a lot. Probably the only Asano Inio manga that could possibly get an anime adaptation.

Aug 11, 2016 5:47 AM
Sep 2013
Psyren

I don't think it would be popular per se but it would be perfect for people who want a battle shounen with an interesting concept and actually has an ending. I could see it work in a one, 26 episode, season.
Aug 12, 2016 11:48 PM

Dec 2009
Lock On! and Beast Master are two of my favorite short romance mangas that are very good and enjoyable to read.

Beast Master a Shoujo with a misunderstood guy who looks scary like a beast with your typical Shoujo story plots of misunderstandings, jealous girls, bullying, moving away. But this one to me is great. It's really the characters. A guy who acts like a dog and a girl who loves him ... (Ok my explanation sucks but) it's cute as fuck and I'd love to see how it could be directed and with what cast to bring out the right cute atmosphere and dramatic moments.

... Lock On! Has a sorta tomboyish girl who is strong and does karate and a male transfer student who has a unique power with his eyes that he can use as a detective. The cases he solves and her interest for him, falling in love with him and then having mutual feelings with its dramatic moments it's great.

I don't think there are enough great male characters like him because he is a brutally kind honest guy. And a tomboy strong tsundere in her case is great. I'd love to see that animated.

... "Why can't I get a Girlfriend?" is either a manga that is underrated or just not popular yet (in MAL or in Japan) but I thought it was great. A protagonist who is very relatable in being shy and insecure, in this story, in trying to get a girlfriend again and again and again only to keep failing and in the actual end. Fail again but vow to himself that he will never give up and continue in university.

Besides wanting a sequel. The comedy and drama is strong in this manga ... But, the way it's focused in the point of view of the main character, and truly feeling for the character in his happiness or sadness, that's the best.

So personally. I would love to see this manga get an anime adaptation.

... Haruka Na Machi e (1998) is possibly a rare gem. To me any story that has a character going back to the past if done right can be amazing. And this, is a great manga. An old man reliving his life being more thankful of his past, fulfilling his regret and understanding his father. Beautiful.
waalex11Aug 13, 2016 12:33 AM
Aug 15, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
I'd love the see Battle Angel Alita properly animated. There is an Alita anime, but it's only 2 episodes long ;_;
Aug 15, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2008
1)Haruka na machi e. Would be a beautiful short anime.
2) Unfortunately Feng Shen Ji is a manhua, so it will never get animated. Would be the best anime ever with a high budget.
3) Shin Angyo Onshi, it only has a shitty movie
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Aug 15, 2016 1:28 PM
Jun 2013
JonasTheJay said:
I'd love the see Battle Angel Alita properly animated. There is an Alita anime, but it's only 2 episodes long ;_;

Know that feel bro :'(
Aug 20, 2016 1:02 AM

Dec 2009
Same question follows for whoever wants to participate.
Aug 20, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2009
Franken Fran, although I don't see how they could tone down the icky stuff without butchering it. It would be cool to see how they can animate her crazy operations, especially the cocoon and multi-face patients. It'll be probably be like a cross between Black Jack and Junji Ito's works.
Aug 20, 2016 5:12 AM

Jun 2015
Q.E.D and C.M.B by Motohiro Kato. Seriously, meitantei conan is less creative than these titles.
Rocket man is awesome too. The spy's tricks and its action is wonderful.
Aug 22, 2016 11:04 PM

Dec 2015
Doubt

Great Sawlike manga with a better plot than Saw ever had. I think it would make a great OVA.
Aug 23, 2016 12:54 AM

Nov 2009
Not unpopular, but I want Bitter Virgin animated.
Aug 23, 2016 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely my two favourite Manga,Ginen Shounen and Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome.
Aug 24, 2016 11:41 PM

Oct 2011
ROOKIES [OMG!!]
Pochamani
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
Liar game
OTOMEN [WHY THE FFFF]
Kokou no hito

Some titles that I've been wanting to be animated are actually getting releases like Blame! and Saiyuki Reload Blast, which I'm so happy about.

Kyou Kara Ore Wa was animated but I think that it deserves a reboot....it needs more love...
Aug 30, 2016 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
I'd probably lose my shit if Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen ever got an anime adaptation.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 8, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Since the company went bankrupt.. I wish another company would take over and consider animating the 4th season of the world god only knows. still waiting for it ;-;

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Sep 8, 2016 4:15 PM

Dec 2009
Hisuichan said:
Since the company went bankrupt.. I wish another company would take over and consider animating the 4th season of the world god only knows. still waiting for it ;-;
Oh, that's why!? Man ... me too. It's a fucking great series.
Sep 8, 2016 4:24 PM

Aug 2016
Man, I really wished they made an ヒナまつり / Hinamatsuri anime, it's so under-rated and so good. The art and expressions in the manga are amazing. It's slow paced, but it works really well, and it's also very hilarious, while having extremely ''dem feelz'' chapter (mostly involving Anzu T.T) .

Other than that, I don't really know. Most 4コマ I've read xD
Sep 9, 2016 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
Name: Drifters
Shimazu Toyohisa, while involved in the Battle of Sekigahara, manages to mortally wound Ii Naomasa, but is critically wounded in the process.
Manga raw? Do you love it? I am very love it, insteresting comic from Japan, It is a raw manga, means scan of manga, if you can do it, also you can earn a lot of money.
Sep 9, 2016 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
irawonline said:
Name: Drifters
Shimazu Toyohisa, while involved in the Battle of Sekigahara, manages to mortally wound Ii Naomasa, but is critically wounded in the process.

It getting anime adaption this October ???
Sep 9, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
onani master kurosawa..
The only 10/10 I ever gave to a manga
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 9, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2009
Ma3seb said:
onani master kurosawa..
The only 10/10 I ever gave to a manga
It's pretty popular I find in it's own way but ya. Definitely agree it deserves an animation. It's greatly unique. Very original.

I don't remember much but ... seeing that kind of story. Of him masturbating in school and loving a few girls here and there with that weird glasses one who's the first to accept him all animated would be amazing. His scary glare. ...Man.
Sep 11, 2016 2:46 AM

Dec 2015
Fukushuu Kyoushitsu.

It's about a girl who takes revenge on everyone on the class who bullied her.
In my opinion the execution of hte story is really cool, and it would probably make for one hell of a dark anime.
Sep 11, 2016 4:26 AM
Apr 2014
Franken Fran, though, it'd probably be /very/ censored. And with being (probably) highly censored I doubt it'd sell well, but it'd be something rather cool to see done well in my opinion.

Liar game is probably my favourite Manga that hasn't been adapted in anyway. I feel like this one could be very well liked, dependant on how well it was made. I for some reason feel if it was made into an anime a lot of it would be skipped/explained poorly. But if it was faithful/done correctly. I could see it being a very big hit.

Similar to Liar Game in not being unpopular at all. Annarasumanara. Which it'd be interesting to see how this would be on the screen. As the art in this was absolutely astounding.

Also in the same vein (yet a fair bit less popular) I'd /love/ to see an adaptation of Gamble Fish.
ThanatosSep 11, 2016 4:30 AM
Sep 11, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
friggin cage of eden
Sep 11, 2016 9:20 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not sure if it'd be considered unpopular or forgotten, but I've wanted Dengeki Daisy to be animated since I first ran across the manga almost five years ago. It's a romance that exceeded my expectations by telling more than just a good love story. Still waiting for an anime, unfortunately.
"And I wonder if the stars ever sit on God's terrace
and view me with an equal adoration.
And I wonder if the thunder ever trembles at the grumble
of the stomachs of a hungry generation.
Another verse for meditation... A heart full of prayer;
a pocket full of wishes for comets that fly by.
Imagination nauseates upon tall places
and it vomits beneath the night sky."
N A K
Sep 12, 2016 1:21 AM

Nov 2014
There's this football manga called Our Field of Dreams which is so far the best football manga that i've ever read to date.. Too bad that it's not that popular to get an anime adaptation.. As for the forgotten ones, i want a complete adaptation of Rave Master since it's stopped midway through the series and we never get to the good part of the series..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Sep 13, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2009
Uniqvoid said:
Fukushuu Kyoushitsu.

It's about a girl who takes revenge on everyone on the class who bullied her.
In my opinion the execution of hte story is really cool, and it would probably make for one hell of a dark anime.
I'm actually reading that too. It's still pretty new. It's very intriguing at first but ... I don't know if it's because the climax or breaking points is too slow or because the scanlation is slow making me lose interest every new chapter coming late ... but. Other than that I like the beginning and concept but maybe so far it's less exciting.

If it ends strongly than I feel it would deserve an anime adaption.
Sep 14, 2016 2:43 PM

Dec 2009
BarkTPB said:
i'd really love a proper adaptation of the second half of rurouni kenshin, considering what happened with the show.

i'd love to see an anime for alive: the final evolution, though not really unpopular. it was going to get one, but the company died. and with the mangaka passing away, i'm not too sure... but since it's a pretty short series, the anime wouldn't be too long, plus the action'd probably be great.
I could see that becoming an anime. It's not that great. But it's pretty good. Kind of cliche but still. Good themes, etc. It's intriguing for the most part. Sucks because ... it ended properly. Oh well. ... Sucks how a lot of things if they don't need promotion or whatever, they don't get an anime (just for the fans). I wish more companies would just do anime for the fanbase and not for the popularity or money.
Sep 18, 2016 2:03 PM
Sep 2016
I'd love if Happy Sugar Life was made into an anime. I'm really enjoying it so far.
Sep 18, 2016 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
DEFENCE DEVIL.... ive always wanted to see how that mightve turned out animated
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Sep 18, 2016 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Gytis said:
Psyren

I don't think it would be popular per se but it would be perfect for people who want a battle shounen with an interesting concept and actually has an ending. I could see it work in a one, 26 episode, season.

ah thats a good old one
Sep 18, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
AnimeAddict117 said:
Boku girl.....not that popular or average but i definitely want that animated :3

well i just want the manga to get some more updates instead
Sep 19, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2016
Tomodachi no Hanashi

It's not popular and it's pretty short, but maybe if it ever gets an OVA or something(too short for a series) more people might recognise it.
It'd be a nice, short, sweet little romance/friendship anime but I don't think it'll ever happen :(.
Rainbow is amazing for the sole fact that all the chapters are in alphabetical order.

Sep 25, 2016 4:55 AM

Jun 2009
LIFE by Keiko Suenobu. It already has a drama, but I'd love to see it animated.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
10 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.