Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was interesting. The amount of realism and characterization on Tsugumi is nice. Plus, Yagi showed up again! Same with Shinobu. I liked how the episode got more lively than usual with her making food too.

Really like the character relationships in this show besides just the child/parent. Shinobu better make more appearances later on.

Delicious food as usual~
Aug 8, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
Yaoya girl is oldest of the many siblings. She found out what her friend's been doing and she wants to join up! When the girl heard "party", she wanted to invite her friends at kindergarten, too. In order to not disappoint her, he allowed her to invite them to their house, not at the place.

Gyoza time. So the girl invited the delinquent-looking friend, too. Looks like a team when cooking now with many people, though they are separated with pair can cook and pair cannot cook (newly added are pair can cook). Through the process, she realized Hayami-san's character wanted to cherished the moment of being alone. More variety than usual because more helpers.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
I got hungry the moment gyoza was mentioned which is always nice to eat.
Seeing the friend of Kotori joining in for dinner was also nice she is a nice girl and it's impressive to see how much control she has over her siblings.
She is good with children.

Tsumugi also had fun with the party.
Aug 8, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
Tsumugi seems pretty happy for the "customer". So cute. >_<
It's party time, Tsumugi's really exciting about it. And she's inviting the right person.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 8, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Was really nice to see Yagi and Shinobu help out with the cooking.

In Kotori and Sensei's eyes, Yagi and Shinobu seem like pro's XD
I really like Shinobu, Hope she makes more appearances and Yagi too.

Tsumugi's cards were really cute and the Ganbare Oto-san dance was adorable.

Kotori saying that she cherished the time with sensei and Tsunugi was sweet :)
Everyone enjoyed the party, Hope we have more episodes like this :D
Lelouch0202Aug 8, 2016 11:44 AM
Aug 8, 2016 11:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yagi is really cool :D
Aug 8, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2015
Ganbare ganbare oto san !!!
Another great slice of life episode
Kotori was so cute behind her house *3*
Aug 8, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Nice to see Yagi and Shinobu help out this week, so hopefully we see a lot more of them later on, even if they kinda ruin the intimacy of the cooking by how good they are at doing it. I'm assuming we'll see Tsumugi's party next week, which should be fun and a nice change of setting from Kotori's restaurant for once.
Aug 8, 2016 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
I love how shinobu just called sensei plain and how honest (I think upfront or blunt could be a better word to describe her) she is. Watching this anime while hungry might be my stupidest idea ever but if I don't watch this while hungry the food I eat afterwards won't taste as good. Watching this episode I realized I need to try new foods starting with gyoza. Yagi and shinobu are the perfect pair when it comes to cooking... man watching this makes me want to learn how to cook.
Aug 8, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
Was nice to see some others from the cast getting in on the cooking action.Yagi is always great to watch as well, especially his interactions with Tsumugi.
Aug 8, 2016 12:34 PM
Sep 2013
"I'm stuck in this role again!"

lmao! Yagi knows what's up.
Aug 8, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Look at the two couples, one couple can cook while the other can't.
Making me hungry already...
Aug 8, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
where I watched...subs were mixed up with Rezero
Aug 8, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
lzac said:

Technically, there was suppose to be a flashback to their college days when Yagi was playing wingbro to Inazuka and Tsumugi's mom.. it was a great little scene and I'm kind of disappointed they chose to skip animating it.

Ugh.... this is horrible... I made the amateurish mistake of watching this at 3am on an empty stomach and no food around.... so....hungry.....right...now............................

Tsumugi was cute, but received a little less screen time allocation due to Yagi and Shinobu, which I'm okay with.
Looking forward to seeing which chapters they decide to animate next. I know it's a bit further on, but I really, really wanna see the Carbonara chapter XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 8, 2016 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
ibraheem234 said:
where I watched...subs were mixed up with Rezero
Yep, kissanime fcked up xD

I actually went through the epusode and was genuely surprised that I understood like 80-90% of what they were saying.. ._.
Aug 8, 2016 1:15 PM
Sep 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
lzac said:

Technically, there was suppose to be a flashback to their college days when Yagi was playing wingbro to Inazuka and Tsumugi's mom.. it was a great little scene and I'm kind of disappointed they chose to skip animating it.

Yeah, even tho I didn't read the original source I was expecting something like that.

anywho, do you know how many chapters they already skipped?
Aug 8, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2012
Shinobu and Yagi sure were a big help at the gyoza party. :)

Seems as if Shinobu ships Kotori with Sensei. XD
Aug 8, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2015
I love Tsumugi, she's so cute and she always makes me feel so happy. I love this anime, I think it's my favorite this season because everytime I watch it I just feel good and full of happiness.
Aug 8, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
Yuusuke Yagi is my favorite character. I'm glad he was invited. ~
Aug 8, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2015
It was fun to have Shinobu and Yagi help out with cooking this time. They were really advanced compared to Sensei and Kotori. But I'm glad they stepped out at the end so that Sensei could do some cooking with Tsumugi cheering him on. And the gyoza looked delicious!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 8, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
This episode was amazing :D. I really love the interaction between Kotori and Sensei. Tsumugi is cute as ever doing her little dances lol. I love her little pouty face too. I totally ship Sensei and Kotori ;D. Sensei can get some of that highschool pootang.
Aug 8, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Omfg xD I loved how Shinobu and Yagi are literally pros while the ones actually trying to cook (Kotori and Sensei) have no clue on half the things they try to cook. Kotori and Sensei are giving me some good vibes if ya know what I mean
Aug 8, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2016
Another weekly does of my anti-violence deterrent. What a wonderful episode. Always love seeing Tsumugi's reactions.

L-Ryoshi said:
lzac said:

Does that mean its a ship? Can I set sail on it?

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aug 8, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
I discredited this due to it being the same thing every week (and it pretty much still was) but adding in other characters definitely made it much more interesting. Yagi is the best character by far!
Aug 8, 2016 3:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Busted!

Honestly, Kotori, how long did you think you were going to be able to hide this from Shinobu? :D
Aug 8, 2016 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Those gyozas looked delicious!
Aug 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Aug 2015
Yes! Yagi made another appearance this week! (╯✧∇✧)╯
While I love to see our main trio learn to cook, it was a nice change to see two special guests this time. They are both very reliable characters too, and it made us see the gap between our newbies cooks and a more experienced person. As always Tsumugi was absolutely adorable and I hope we see that little party she has with her friends!~
Aug 8, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2014
seeing the sweetness overload... I am reminded of Barakaman and Bunny drop.... Tsumugi you are so kawai
Aug 8, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
lzac said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Yeah, even tho I didn't read the original source I was expecting something like that.

Seconded.

MexicanNinja212 said:

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess it's pretty much confirmed. I also think it's quite obvious Kotori cherishes the alone time for other reasons than just the cooking. Both Yagi and Shinobu (2nd ship) seemed to pick up on it, and now it wasn't just the three of them, the three of them stood out even more as a family.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 8, 2016 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
Another episode that seems over in an instant and leaves my mouth watering. The show is already great, but Yagi and Shinobu add so much. Both of them are so based.

The writing is clever. It is cool how some "moral lessons" are inserted deftly into the plot without the need to hit one over the head with it. For example, in this EP we have Tsumugi wanting to invite all of her friends to the party, but Sensei explains that it is not right to invite others to a party without permission from the hosts. Sensei even manages not to hurt Tsumugi's feelings in the process by planning a second party at their apartment. Very nice.
Aug 8, 2016 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
Another great episode. Gyoza Party!! Kojika is such a great big sister to her little brothers.
So cool to see Yagi as well join the party.
Kojika & Yagi have got some really good skills in the kitchen.

That was an adorable cheer dance by Tsumugi.
Those gyoza look so good.
Now I want to see all of Tsumugi's friends at another party later on.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 8, 2016 4:37 PM
Mar 2015
Great episode, love it. Wow. <3
Aug 8, 2016 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
"Maybe I'm a bad person." NO YOU'RE NOT KOTORI! But it was obvious she just wanted to be with Kouhei and Tsumugi, even though they all had fun at the Gyoza party.

God it all looked delicious.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 8, 2016 5:37 PM
May 2010
Too many cooks in the kitchen and all can be a pain!
Aug 8, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
lzac said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Well to be fair, each chapter could be taken as episodic in it's own right (and used for each episode in this show), but there is a slow and steady progression of character development which moves along at a decent pace. The chapters which they skipped are ones that could always be put back in later, or could be left out entirely and not affect the plot development anyway.

This episode was chapter 9 in the manga, they skipped chapters 4 and 5 effortlessly, and between last episode and this one they skipped just one additional one (chapter 8). Those chapters whilst good for the feels and slightly interesting, kind of followed the same initial formula a bit, meaning anime viewers may have gotten bored of them if they'd been shown in chronological order. Those three chapters also involved our main trio only, which may also bore viewers somewhat if they had to get to chapter 7 and 9 to see new characters introduced.

The way they did it allowed writers to introduce Yagi and Shinobu first to keep things fresh for anime-only viewers, and actually gives them some leeway to go back to the skipped episodes if they really want to.

If I'm being perfecty honest, I'd rather we get a second season and have my beloved Carbonara episode (Chapter 24) pushed back, because in between here and there we get a heavy dose of important Tsumugi and Kouhei character growth.

MexicanNinja212 said:
Another weekly does of my anti-violence deterrent. What a wonderful episode. Always love seeing Tsumugi's reactions.

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're free to do as you like, mate. Just know that romance is on a lighter side of this show, even up to the current part of the manga. Whilst the romantic links, whilst hinted every now and then, the mangaka refuses to sacrifice the focus on every characters interactions and development into better versions of themselves for it (Tsumugi especially). There may well be romance in the future of this series, but the slow progression and the mangaka's focus make this so such drama would be way further in the future if it happens.

Oh, and sorry for the late replies. Falling asleep on an empty stomach was no fun...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 8, 2016 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
didn't understand what moments Kotori is wanting to treasure? (after that conversation with her friend)
can anyone explain?

Hmm my only guess is this:
ITS A SPOILER FROM THE MANGA IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE ANIME YET
removed-userAug 8, 2016 5:47 PM
Aug 8, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

MexicanNinja212 said:

You're free to do as you like, mate. Just know that romance is on a lighter side of this show, even up to the current part of the manga. Whilst the romantic links, whilst hinted every now and then, the mangaka refuses to sacrifice the focus on every characters interactions and development into better versions of themselves for it (Tsumugi especially). There may well be romance in the future of this series, but the slow progression and the mangaka's focus make this so such drama would be way further in the future if it happens.

Oh, and sorry for the late replies. Falling asleep on an empty stomach was no fun...

In all honesty I think that's the best way for this series to depict a romance. While spontaneous love/admiration may be great for some, I don't think this is one of those. While raising his daughter and getting over the death of his wife I would expect Kouhai to not really notice any romantic advances (I don't think there has been a single one, but covering my bases) or interests. Simply because throughout the series we see him putting priority number one Tsumugi, which is honestly how it should be. Besides, I actually watch this for cute Tsumugi and Kotori moments, everything else is just a plus.

Also, falling asleep on an empty stomach after watching cooking shows is the worst, right? Lol
Aug 8, 2016 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
didn't understand what moments Kotori is wanting to treasure? (after that conversation with her friend)
can anyone explain?

Hmm my only guess is this:
ITS A SPOILER FROM THE MANGA IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE ANIME YET

Omg, time to read the manga, although i guess there is barely any romance, its still some ! Ahhh
Aug 8, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2016
It took a while, but I'm starting to believe in this show. I haven't really liked how harmless this series has been so far, especially in dealing with something as monumental as a parent's death, but I'm starting to appreciate its lack of cynicism and how it doesn't fade into pure sentimentality. I also liked seeing Kotori's misgivings at people intruding on her private sanctuary; more moments of human realism like that would go a long way in making this show great.

Very good episode. Gyoza is delicious, fyi.
Aug 8, 2016 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
I'm saddened by the fact that I am no longer enjoying this series. The charm and emotions worked the first two or three times, but it has done the same pattern 6 times now.
Aug 8, 2016 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Shirasho said:
I'm saddened by the fact that I am no longer enjoying this series. The charm and emotions worked the first two or three times, but it has done the same pattern 6 times now.

some romance and more drama would actually spark it but somehow i find the food appealing ayyy
Aug 8, 2016 7:14 PM
Sep 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
lzac said:

Well to be fair, each chapter could be taken as episodic in it's own right (and used for each episode in this show), but there is a slow and steady progression of character development which moves along at a decent pace. The chapters which they skipped are ones that could always be put back in later, or could be left out entirely and not affect the plot development anyway.

This episode was chapter 9 in the manga, they skipped chapters 4 and 5 effortlessly, and between last episode and this one they skipped just one additional one (chapter 8). Those chapters whilst good for the feels and slightly interesting, kind of followed the same initial formula a bit, meaning anime viewers may have gotten bored of them if they'd been shown in chronological order. Those three chapters also involved our main trio only, which may also bore viewers somewhat if they had to get to chapter 7 and 9 to see new characters introduced.

The way they did it allowed writers to introduce Yagi and Shinobu first to keep things fresh for anime-only viewers, and actually gives them some leeway to go back to the skipped episodes if they really want to.

If I'm being perfecty honest, I'd rather we get a second season and have my beloved Carbonara episode (Chapter 24) pushed back, because in between here and there we get a heavy dose of important Tsumugi and Kouhei character growth.

I see. Thanks for clarifying, mate!
Aug 8, 2016 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
i'm drooling here, never had Gyoza before but now i'm really craving some.

Will try doing some soon.

God, they are really going romance route T-T (wish It was just slice of life and not a single drop of romance in it at all)
Aug 8, 2016 7:44 PM
Feb 2010
Yagi is a cutie. <3
Aug 8, 2016 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
jhoson14 said:
i'm drooling here, never had Gyoza before but now i'm really craving some.

Will try doing some soon.

God, they are really going romance route T-T (wish It was just slice of life and not a single drop of romance in it at all)

disagree, it's getting boring little by little they need to add some drama or romance or some sort of interesting plot.
Aug 8, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2014
lol normally just buy the dumpling skin at supermarket
Aug 8, 2016 9:58 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad Shinobu didn't ask Kotori the predictable and cliche question "do you like sensei?", even though it's obvious she does.
Aug 8, 2016 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
oh man i'm really craving some gyoza now. they're delicious ;_;
Aug 8, 2016 10:37 PM

Feb 2016
Best cooking anime imo.

Love how this is always so relaxing.
Aug 8, 2016 11:22 PM

Apr 2011
gyoza is one of my favorite foods ever! Amazing epd!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

310 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.