Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 8, 2016 12:42 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty much self-explanatory^.

****Potential spoilers for anime only watchers in the replies*****

Idk, it cant be just me. Whenever I watch the episodes it seems like Kotori has more than just friendly feelings for Inuzuka. Like, she enjoys helping him and Tsumugi out, because it satisfies her loneliness while helping him stay connected with his daughter, but it just feels like more.

Most of the cooking related scenes don't really show anything, but a lot of the outside conversations, and every time she mentions cooking a dish, she's really insistent on it. Starting with episode one. It wasn't "hey sensei, if you want I can give you some cooking pointers and write down some of my mom's recipes". It was: "U-uh...SENSEI! Please let me have you over at my place and we can teach you how make good food for Tsumugi! PLEASE! No no, don't worry about it, please just come over!"

I haven't read the manga, so I'm not familiar with anything outside of the anime, and I don't know what genres the manga is labeled. Is this something that gets addressed in the future? Did the studio just kind of write their interactions this way without meaning to imply anything? Is this anime original? I GOTTA KNOW!
Aug 8, 2016 9:13 AM
May 2014
she has, but it doesnt go anywhere ( hope it never will)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NupgO49KtqE/VtQaMj7u3wI/AAAAAAAF21M/03FQ44jo8Q8/s0-Ic42/022.jpg - chapter 29th
Aug 8, 2016 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
lacznosc said:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NupgO49KtqE/VtQaMj7u3wI/AAAAAAAF21M/03FQ44jo8Q8/s0-Ic42/022.jpg - chapter 29th

Nice.

I'm the opposite. I hope it does. Seeing a legitimate teacher x student romance relationship is rare. Combining it with the widowed husband with a kid, and it makes for very interesting dynamic.
Aug 9, 2016 2:55 AM

Dec 2015
Jonesy974 said:
lacznosc said:

Nice.

I'm the opposite. I hope it does. Seeing a legitimate teacher x student romance relationship is rare. Combining it with the widowed husband with a kid, and it makes for very interesting dynamic.

Yeah, the last two episodes I found myself shipping them lol. Certain scenes feel like they are a family cooking together. I wouldn't be surprised if Tsumugi starts looking up to Kotori especially if they continue spending all that time together. She is what a senior? I mean after graduating I don't see any harm in it. Im sure sensai wouldn't even consider it especially while she is in school.
Aug 9, 2016 5:27 AM

Oct 2009
Tylermn93 said:
Jonesy974 said:

Nice.

Yeah, the last two episodes I found myself shipping them lol. Certain scenes feel like they are a family cooking together. I wouldn't be surprised if Tsumugi starts looking up to Kotori especially if they continue spending all that time together. She is what a senior? I mean after graduating I don't see any harm in it. Im sure sensai wouldn't even consider it especially while she is in school.

Exactly, I don't mind if they become a real family at the end, I'll be really happy :)
Aug 9, 2016 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
In some ways I want this to happen, but really, when you think more deeply about it, it would honestly be kinda weird. Kotori's mum (who may or may not be older than Oto-San) will become Oto-San's mother in law. When I think about it like that, it kinda just kills it for me. On the contrary, this is an extremely heart warming show, I don't see the need to add unnecessary romance in it. Just enjoy it while it lasts! :)
Aug 9, 2016 6:26 AM

Oct 2014
It would be legit if it actually happens. The foundation work had been laid solidly, so far.
But personally I hope they don't. For many reason. :(
Aug 9, 2016 12:05 PM
Nov 2015
I'm kind of interested in that very point. But the idea of a relation is somehow weird ?
I don't think it's possible because the show is directed for the children and Japan won't promote those idea.
Aug 9, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
I prefer to see it as Kotori seeking a fatherly figure in the teacher. Her fear of knives could be related to some serious family issues leading to the divorce of her parents. She might be attracted to love teacher is showering his daughter with. Something that could be missing from her childhood.

Of course I might be reading way too far into it. It's an anime so another disturbing relationship is the first thing that comes to mind. So far this show is rather shallow when it comes to more serious matters and is basically a cooking show with some characters making pained expressions sometimes.

Putting that aside,
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
lacznosc said:

Hopefully it does for Tsumugi's sake at least at the end, she needs a mother figure in the household.

Aug 9, 2016 5:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I hope they don't but if it happens, i hope its doing the best way possible, at least.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 10, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned

The OP asked a question, not for you to turn the thread into an off-topic debate about what is morally right and or wrong.
Aug 15, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2015
Personally I hope not it just is weird with the whole teacher student dynamic. I enjoy the show but you can tell Kotori is starting to develop those feelings.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
I also ship them but the relationship will never happen though
Aug 15, 2016 8:45 PM
Jun 2016
Totally, in my opinion and from what the manga seems to spell out for us.

As for that relationship coming to fruition, I'd be okay with it in a epilogue sort of fashion. I'd even be okay if she made a pass in high school, and he turned her down with a "One day, who knows, but right now you need to grow up.", sort of line.

I wouldn't want to see it while she's still a freshman or whatever she is at the moment. Tsumugi is probably 5 or 6? Also, I don't think the ages are too weird. He seems young. I'm assuming a 6 or 7 year gap between them.

My parents have a 12 year gap.
Aug 23, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
I think she definitely has feelings for Sensei. If they are going to have them a couple in the end the author needs to do it right, maybe have a 3 or 4 year leap where she's in college or maybe have her confess on her graduation day.

She basically already acts like a mother, and if they are constantly going to be eating dinner together, Tsumugi is going to look up to Kotori more and more.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 23, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
I wouldn't mind the relationship that much, but it has to do it in a plausible way, like what SoraSenpai said, please after graduations cause all the chips will be on the table and its most likely that they will end the manga before that happens anyway.
Nov 4, 2016 5:02 PM
Aug 2013
haven't read the manga
but if its true that kotori is developing feelings then KKKYYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha
sensei and kotori looks like they dont notice the romance but will slowly fall into it as the story progresses
so yeah i hope feelings becomes R E A L (it probably will, though at the very end)

i honestly honestly honestly truly want them together
idk whyy
i mean the series is nice even without unnecessary romance
but i just CANNOT let go of it
they look like a family already
its not an "i want tsumugi to be have a mother" kind of thing
its more like "i want sensei to be happier than he was before with his late wife and child" kind of feeling, because i feel like if sensei becomes happier it will be better for tsumugi ????
idk
Dec 27, 2016 6:12 PM

Mar 2008
Ugh, I hate it when authors interject romance into the equation
I'm here for the father-child bonding, not for some teenage romance woes
Dec 27, 2016 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
eternaltorture said:

Wellp, considering how there would be a grown ass man involved in that equation, I don't think it exactly qualifies as "teenage romance woes".
Dec 28, 2016 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
Jonesy974 said:
eternaltorture said:

Wellp, considering how there would be a grown ass man involved in that equation, I don't think it exactly qualifies as "teenage romance woes".

Romance problems of the student
I just started the series and was caught off guard when they gave focus to the female student... It was like I was watching 2 different shows, one SoL, the other, shoujo :S
And when all 3 were eating dinner together, the student looked like she was intruding on a father-child moment

If they have to give the father a girlfriend, I'd prefer if the female interest falls for the kid first before the adult.. The female going out of her way to have sensei notice her just rubs me the wrong way especially when her attention seems to be solely on him... I know it's stupid but ugh ..it's also my fault for expecting something else.. when I saw the cover, I expected the female to be stoic and cool, not one who's hormonal and blushes every second.
Dec 20, 2017 6:05 PM

Feb 2014
I think you guys are overthinking...

I think it's not a romantic feeling, but more like a daughter-father feeling.

Haven't read the manga though for more solid evidences, but according to the anime only, couldn't feel any romantic feeling, just a feeling of someone who cherish for the other.

TechOtakuDec 20, 2017 6:14 PM
Dec 20, 2017 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Vi- said:

Haven't read the manga though for more solid evidences, but according to the anime only, couldn't feel any romantic feeling, just a feeling of someone who cherish for the other.

Hmm really? I thought the exact opposite and I haven't read the manga either. Always seemed like scenes with the two of them she was always acting embarrassed and giddy like a girl with a crush. Been a while since I've seen the show now but I recall a lot of blushing as well.
Jan 15, 2018 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
Bedos are ppl who are attracted to kids 11 & below cause at age 12 they are teenagers & no longer kids anymore, some ppl seem to not get it & so they trow that word around easily
Jonesy974 said:
lacznosc said:

Nice.

same here i support love not age difference so if the guy who my 12+ year old daughter loves loves her back & he is a good guy i would support the relationship

like some1 once said (copy paste of some1 answer) Males are attracted to young females that can reproduce. Young females are attracted to older males that's how it usually is

no less than 100 years ago. 200 years ago, a 12 year old was considered a -young- adult. That's why most women were usually married between 12 and 16. That was the effect of one of the most fundamental laws of nature;

also i like student x teacher romance stories

i personally wouldn't go below 20 :)

Vi- said:

actually Kotori is in love with Sensei there were so meany clues allover the place in the entire series, its IMPLICIT ROMANCE

also the way she acts like she is ready to married to him & wants to be Tsumugi's mother sometimes its even hard to tell which comes first wanting to be Tsumugi mother or wanting to merry Sensei (cause she is in to Tsumugi as a mother), if he would have proposed to her at the end she would have said yeas with no hesitation

she is one rare girl, cause not meany would like it even if they are in to the guy, they would find the kid as a nuisance

+ what i wrote here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1537028
eternaltorture said:
Jonesy974 said:

Romance problems of the student
I just started the series and was caught off guard when they gave focus to the female student... It was like I was watching 2 different shows, one SoL, the other, shoujo :S
And when all 3 were eating dinner together, the student looked like she was intruding on a father-child moment

If they have to give the father a girlfriend, I'd prefer if the female interest falls for the kid first before the adult.. The female going out of her way to have sensei notice her just rubs me the wrong way especially when her attention seems to be solely on him... I know it's stupid but ugh ..it's also my fault for expecting something else.. when I saw the cover, I expected the female to be stoic and cool, not one who's hormonal and blushes every second.

if she would be my daughter & cause hes good guy i would even try to get him out of that hole so he would start to think of woman again & i would try to match him with Kotori (in other words i would try to make him & Kotori couple) that ofc after seeing how they spend time together like that like we so in the anime

cause watching how in to she is in to mother role how much she likes Tsumugi, that just makes me want to help her

FloralHimegimi said:
haven't read the manga
but if its true that kotori is developing feelings then KKKYYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha
sensei and kotori looks like they dont notice the romance but will slowly fall into it as the story progresses
so yeah i hope feelings becomes R E A L (it probably will, though at the very end)

i honestly honestly honestly truly want them together
idk whyy
i mean the series is nice even without unnecessary romance
but i just CANNOT let go of it
they look like a family already
its not an "i want tsumugi to be have a mother" kind of thing
its more like "i want sensei to be happier than he was before with his late wife and child" kind of feeling, because i feel like if sensei becomes happier it will be better for tsumugi ????
idk

& Kotori is also so much in to mother role already it just warms my heart seeing that

Thunderfrog said:
Totally, in my opinion and from what the manga seems to spell out for us.

As for that relationship coming to fruition, I'd be okay with it in a epilogue sort of fashion. I'd even be okay if she made a pass in high school, and he turned her down with a "One day, who knows, but right now you need to grow up.", sort of line.

I wouldn't want to see it while she's still a freshman or whatever she is at the moment. Tsumugi is probably 5 or 6? Also, I don't think the ages are too weird. He seems young. I'm assuming a 6 or 7 year gap between them.

My parents have a 12 year gap.

my uncle & hes wife have 12 year cap & wife is the older one :D
Sugram22Jan 17, 2018 7:47 AM
Apr 27, 2019 10:10 AM
Apr 2019
I personally really don't like the idea of romance between them. I like the show so far, but I'm kind of hesitant to finish because of the romantic undertones :s I love the father/daughter aspect of the show, however romance between a student and a teacher would be too far (that would be pedophilic 10000% so no thanks.) The wholesomeness is something I don't want to be ruined with weird romance. It's not necessarily the age gap that's the issue, but the fact that she is still a teen. If only she was a college student or something.
Apr 27, 2019 10:10 AM
Apr 2019
I personally really don't like the idea of romance between them. I like the show so far, but I'm kind of hesitant to finish because of the romantic undertones :s I love the father/daughter aspect of the show, however romance between a student and a teacher would be too far (that would be pedophilic 10000% so no thanks.) The wholesomeness is something I don't want to be ruined with weird romance. It's not necessarily the age gap that's the issue, but the fact that she is still a teen. If only she was a college student or something.
May 16, 2019 7:51 AM
May 2019
I know this is just a repeat, but it has been hinted throughout the manga. I would like to see something happen but only after Kotori graduates. Then the story can end there.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
May 19, 2019 1:48 AM
May 2019
I think there's a chance/open ended relationship with Tsumugi going to college at the end of the manga and Kotori now being a fully pledge adult. I wouldn't mind them together, it's heart warming especially since Tsumugi relies on Kotori so much when it comes to girls stuff.
Jun 7, 2019 10:05 AM
May 2019
X-WOLF said:
Seeing as I've read the entire manga (for whats out now), I can hapilly answer this.
Yes!
In one chapter, her best friend asks her about it and responds with "I don't know, he's like a dad but he's a guy and it's all mixed up!" However, later on, her other friend asks about it and Kotori decides to be more apparent in her affections for Inuzuka Kouhei.
Which to her, means awkwardly give vague remarks such as "I hope we can keep on cooling next year!" and "I hope Tsumugi likes what you made her!"
Honestly, I want Kotori and Kouhei to end up together.
Don't forget that in one chapter (can't remember which one) and then in a previous episode Yagi-san stated that he was in the middle again. He was referring to him being the one that got Kouhei and his soon-to-be wife together. He feels it's happening again.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Oct 20, 2020 4:40 PM
Oct 2020
I get your point but I also thing it’s really miss leading how they have her character blushing the whole time because that’s usually a hint to romance and to your point of Kotoris mom being a mother in law and all I can see how that could be weird. Honestly was thinking that Kotoris mom was going to get more involved and that a relationship between Kotoris mom and Inuzuka would form being that Kotori is like a big sister to Tsumugi honestly was hoping this anime would have more of a romantic aspect but either way it’s alright because either way it’s a really heartfelt story between a father and daughter.
Jan 13, 2021 6:13 AM

Mar 2019
I have finished this anime today...don't know anything about the manga but I really want them together.

Sensei isn't thaaaat old and he is such a noice guy...surely they shouldn't start anything when she is still in school but why not after few years? I don't see a big problem here.
May 24, 2021 8:23 PM
Jun 2019
Hoppy said:
lacznosc said:

Hopefully it does for Tsumugi's sake at least at the end, she needs a mother figure in the household.

uhhhh? tsumugi needs a mother figure, but not to that degree. ped0philia should never be condoned. i really hope this teacher/student never progresses in that way
May 26, 2021 12:07 PM
Sep 2019
Honestly it kinda seems like she does. I really Liked the last episode, especially the part where they all sit down and eat together right before the credits! They look just like a real family and I like to think that her mom and him eventually start to like each other so that Kotori can be her sister!
Oct 13, 2022 8:40 PM

May 2022
I'm late to this discussion, but any fans of the anime asking these questions need to buy the manga. It's expensive because it is 12 volumes, but it is one of only six manga I have on my shelf. Your questions will be answered, and everyone will be happy, whether you love or hate the age-gap romance theme. The ending is managed perfectly by the author and editors. There is only one complaint, and that is the recipes are printed in a very small type and require magnification to read clearly. Finally, after the manga, the anime is much more enjoyable, so do watch it again!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

310 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.