Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 5, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode, Avilio shows his instincts and I really like how human he is in the show.

The Prohibition brings more conflict as Avilio makes his own moves and still has revenge on his mind. Nero has a big target on his back too. Fango felt slightly out of character imo during one of the segments. A lot of mind games going on ;o
Stark700Aug 5, 2016 11:47 AM
Aug 5, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2015
More and more negotiation in the episode. I didn't expect Nero's dad would be that "kind" for not taking part in that attempt of killing Nero. I guess Frate's have his own personal reasons too for doing it instead for the name of Galassias.
Avilio's expression be like "I don't f*cking understand about what he's doing". LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 5, 2016 12:18 PM
Sep 2015
Much, much better than last week's boring episode. This show keeps impressing me with its clever plot. I'm really starting to wonder if Angelo will be able to kill Nero at the end...
Aug 5, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
This show is like Boardwalk Empire without any of the interesting characters that made the generic plot tolerable.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 5, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
The boys do not trust Fango so easily. I hope Tigre will be alright!
Aug 5, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2013
Flawfinder said:
This show is like Boardwalk Empire without any of the interesting characters that made the generic plot tolerable.

you sure love to live up to your name don't you?
Aug 5, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
Good episode. Is it me or is this show underrated ?
Aug 5, 2016 12:42 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode but I felt it was mostly just build up.

Frate wants to kill Nero now, Luckily Nero's spy managed to warn him and they all escaped, Nero was definitely prepared for the situation. Did he expect the betrayal?

Avlio still has revenge on his mind but his current goal is to get to Don Vanetti first.

The Orco guy just wants Lasgna xD

Wonder how this deal with Fango will play out.
Aug 5, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
Nielst said:

Of course it's underrated, it doesn't have girls with abnormally large boobs, over-sexualized lolis, waifus, or any kind of fanservice in general. So unfortunately, people will overlook it and flock to crap like Masou Gakuen HxH.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 5, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
A lot more build up here, but seeing these character loyatlies subtly shifting as needs dictate has been pretty interesting, particularly Avilio's idea of negotiating with Fango of all people.
Aug 5, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
Poor, poor Corteo. He has been corrupted and dragged into such dangerous activity.
Aug 5, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2016
Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 5, 2016 1:26 PM
Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Nielst said:

Of course it's underrated, it doesn't have girls with abnormally large boobs, over-sexualized lolis, waifus, or any kind of fanservice in general. So unfortunately, people will overlook it and flock to crap like Masou Gakuen HxH.

Why is that always the response to this question? That is in no way the main reason why this show could be considered underrated(or really underwatched). "over-sexualized lolis, waifus, or any kind of fanservice in general", why would that be the reason, yes fanservice can make a show more popular, but the lack of it can hardly make it unpopular. Steins Gate, Fate/zero, Death Note.... not one of these shows are driven by fanservice but they are all well recieved.

I'm not trying to come off as if im attacking anyone(please know i mean no disrespect), but I feel as if that what you are all saying just sounds like it is cool to say.

I love mafia stories from the godfather to baccano, and, in my opinion, though this show appears to be well written, I don't love it, theres something about it that just doesn't make me excited every week to watch it, this is certainly not because the lack of fan service.
Aug 5, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2016
Thanks God, they fixed the out of place comedy from the last episode, that didnt really fit the anime itself, willing to see next episode

Angelo has a brilliant brain, i hope to see some betrayal or something like that on the next one, but i dont think that he will get rid of Fango that easily
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 5, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2015
The plot's still really confusing for me. But it was cool to see Fango again, for some reason I thought he wouldn't show up again.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 5, 2016 1:40 PM
Jul 2016
Now this ep was awesome! Showed more of the result between Angelo and Nero's interactions from the last episode, and shit got real!
Aug 5, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2016
raph589 said:
Much, much better than last week's boring episode. This show keeps impressing me with its clever plot. I'm really starting to wonder if Angelo will be able to kill Nero at the end...

I think that's going to be the main presented conflict. Angelo seemed hesitant to answer his brother's question about killing Nero.
Aug 5, 2016 1:42 PM
Jul 2016
KLRock said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Why is that always the response to this question? That is in no way the main reason why this show could be considered underrated(or really underwatched). "over-sexualized lolis, waifus, or any kind of fanservice in general", why would that be the reason, yes fanservice can make a show more popular, but the lack of it can hardly make it unpopular. Steins Gate, Fate/zero, Death Note.... not one of these shows are driven by fanservice but they are all well recieved.

I'm not trying to come off as if im attacking anyone(please know i mean no disrespect), but I feel as if that what you are all saying just sounds like it is cool to say.

I love mafia stories from the godfather to baccano, and, in my opinion, though this show appears to be well written, I don't love it, theres something about it that just doesn't make me excited every week to watch it, this is certainly not because the lack of fan service.

Yeah, I'm sick to death of that argument when it's a FACT that there are plenty, possibly even more, anime > fan service anime.
Aug 5, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2016
Nielst said:

No, it's pretty highly rated by people now, just not as popular as some of the other anime this season.
Aug 5, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
KLRock said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I know those aren't the only reasons, but they were the first ones to come to mind. I'm aware that shows can become huge hits and be well received while having little to no fanservice, but I think what I was trying to say (and admittedly, I didn't do a good job of getting my intended point across) is that it seems to be more difficult for shows nowadays, specifically, to become big or popular/well-known with little fanservice. S;G, F/Z, and Death Note are all from like 5+ years ago, and while I'm aware that there certainly are very recent shows with little fanservice that have blown up in the anime community (One Punch Man, Erased, Re:Zero are perfect examples), it seems (to me) like it's becoming harder as time progresses. Idk, maybe I'm just crazy.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Dec 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
Nielst said:

and it isn't based on a light novel. i swear everything that has a LN is grossly overrated on this site.
Aug 5, 2016 1:59 PM

Oct 2014
This is pretty good.
Aug 5, 2016 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
Why did this and Alderamin on the Sky come out a day early?
Aug 5, 2016 2:10 PM
Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
KLRock said:

I know those aren't the only reasons, but they were the first ones to come to mind. I'm aware that shows can become huge hits and be well received while having little to no fanservice, but I think what I was trying to say (and admittedly, I didn't do a good job of getting my intended point across) is that it seems to be more difficult for shows nowadays, specifically, to become big or popular/well-known with little fanservice. S;G, F/Z, and Death Note are all from like 5+ years ago, and while I'm aware that there certainly are very recent shows with little fanservice that have blown up in the anime community (One Punch Man, Erased, Re:Zero are perfect examples), it seems (to me) like it's becoming harder as time progresses. Idk, maybe I'm just crazy.....

I most definitely feel you
Aug 5, 2016 2:38 PM
Nov 2014
I feel like I blinked and this episode ended. I honestly loved pretty much every aspect of this episode, from the character interactions to the plot twists to the music, it was a set up episode but I still enjoyed it nonetheless
Aug 5, 2016 2:41 PM
Nov 2014
Nielst said:

It is unfortunately. Honestly before the show aired when the previews and concept art came out, I thought there was a lot of hype for the show and that it would be really popular. I was wrong.
Aug 5, 2016 2:42 PM
Jul 2016
Frate is such a wonderful little brother, isn't he?

Things are definitely getting interesting here. To be honest I have no idea how this anime is going to end up playing out at the end but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lay1306 said:
Flawfinder said:

you sure love to live up to your name don't you?

LOL
"In fact, I love meeting people who are so goddamn brazen and full of themselves that there is no one else in the world who could possibly kill them but me."
-Ladd Russo (Baccano)
Aug 5, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Nielst said:

It has too many characters, a plot that's hard to follow and it is toned down compared to other anime. I think that's probably why it's not a huge hit.

Remember that neither Death Note, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Steins;Gate or FMA:B has any fanservice either so it's hardly a prerequisite for popularity.
Aug 5, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Nielst said:

Of course it's underrated, it doesn't have girls with abnormally large boobs, over-sexualized lolis, waifus, or any kind of fanservice in general.
What did you say? Fango's girlfriend is top tier waofu material. Much better than Saber and Holo.

About the episode, Nero's situation has became even worse now to have to negotiate with Fango of all people to assure his life (I know Angelo is the one who made the deal, but technically he negotiated in Nero's name). Fango is still as awesomely crazy as always.

Frate is total scum. He is even willing to kill his own brother ho have power.

Really excited about what will happen in the next episode.
Aug 5, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
slow episode and they're asking Fango for help?!
Aug 5, 2016 3:45 PM
May 2015
Nielst said:

exactly the opposite, it's fckin overrated
Aug 5, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
While I enjoyed last week's episode, I'm glad the "road trip" didn't last any longer. I'm really liking how the story keeps remaining unpredictable. I saw Frate's betrayal from a mile away, but it didn't even come to my mind the gang would just join up with Fango.

Gotta say Fango's woman was more creepy than anything else.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 5, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Can someone fill me in on why the Orcos want Nero dead?
Aug 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
Frate should just kill him self he is not even 20% as hot as Nero dunno how they have the same parents
Aug 5, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2015
Fango's chick is ugly as fuck. And asking Fango for help. Oh boy, this will be good.

Great episode.

Aug 5, 2016 4:29 PM

Sep 2014
Teaming up with Fango was unexpected o.o
Aug 5, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2014
FanteHS said:
Nielst said:

exactly the opposite, it's fckin overrated
I don't think you understand the definition of overrated
Aug 5, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
marian11 said:

I think it's because Nero and Vanno were involved in Serpente's death (one of Orco's men)
Aug 5, 2016 5:31 PM
Feb 2016
_Flan_ said:
marian11 said:

I think it's because Nero and Vanno were involved in Serpente's death (one of Orco's men)

In addition, Nero has trespassed Orco's acquisition route of alcohol (refered in ep1). I think it is also the reason.
Aug 5, 2016 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
Better than last episode, which felt out of place, but it looked like a warm up to whatever it's going to happen in the next one.

I still forgetting some names though...
Aug 5, 2016 6:55 PM
Sep 2013
Daw, Corteo took up smoking because he got involved with the family. Must be putting a lot of stress on him. Unlike Avilio, Corteo can't seem to take make the first move. He's still following Avilio's instructions, but an easily shaken guy like him throws people off guard. Also gotta note how Corteo is kind of in the same position the audiences are. What's taking Avilio so long to take out Nero? Is revenge really the only fire keeping him going? The same person's ice cold heart melting with every interaction between him and big bro Nero...

Last episode must have definitely been the calm before the storm, and it's only beginning to brew again. Frate looks like he's lost sleep over the decision to take out his own older brother, but Don Vanetti obviously shows how cowardly the mafia can really be, especially when it comes to their own family. Lives aren't just pawns to them. If they don't somewhere, this give-and-take game won't end.

Avilio's off doing his own thing again, and the fact he did that AND Nero still trusted that they weren't betrayed means Avilio knows he has Nero's trust, and that will get him into the family, closer to Don Vanetti, and surely the fourth and unknown guy.

Even though it seems he'd just joined the Orco family, Fango's been outcasted. With the Orcos on Fango and the Vanettis (Frate particularly), Glassias AND Orcos on Nero, Fango, Nero and co. have no choice but to make their own little truce, especially with dying Tigre on their shoulders.

A few animation errors if no one noticed. Around the part where the gang is hiding out while Tigre's in a bad shape and Valbero walks in... but wait, wasn't he facing Nero just a few frames before that? And again, Avilio riles Nero up and Nero goes to grab Avilio by the shirt... Nero goes from without a jacket to with a jacket...?

Much contrast between this and the last episode, where we had more time to think, this episode moved much too fast, but isn't that what mafia life is all about? So much story jam-packed into 5 episodes. I really can't wait for the rest to play out. When's their next road trip? And what about the red-head feeling Avilio's ass up? Damn, the suspense.
Aug 5, 2016 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
They mentioned Canada. I love when anime remembers about us :'). Looking forward to see how this cooperation with Fango works out.
Aug 5, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
I just want fango's girlfriend to slay me tbh
Aug 5, 2016 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
Its pure speculation, but I think in truth the person who wrote the letter to Angelo is that fourth person who was involved in the murder of his family.
And the only two people who know the name of this mysterious person, is Nero itself and his father.
Aug 5, 2016 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
Both the Orco & Vanetti's are after Nero.
Nero & Fango alliance is going to be crazy.

Avilio so fearless in enemy territory.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 5, 2016 9:50 PM

Aug 2015
The story seem slow to me, but interesting. 4/5
Aug 5, 2016 10:44 PM

Jun 2011
This anime is growing on me more and more with every episode. I think this might become my favourite of the season.

I'm really wondering who sent the letter and who the fourth person is, but them being the same person would probably too obvious.

I like the development of Avilo/Angelo and Nero's complicated relationship. Whatever happens, their friendship or whatever you want to call it is probably going to end nice and tragic, just the way I like my anime.

5/5 and 9.5/10
Aug 5, 2016 10:45 PM

Nov 2012
asking fango for help, well that should be interesting lol.
Aug 6, 2016 1:12 AM

Jun 2013
So that funny last episode was probably only a one time thing as things have really gotten serious now. The Vanettis are pushing forward a truce with the Orcos because of the hostility ensuing thanks to Nero. And the Galasias are supporting this move. But the condition is Nero's head. The Galasias don't really care about Nero and Frate really wants this peace treaty. So Nero is on the run from all three families – the Orcos are gonna send people for him and the Galasias are killing him via the Vanettis. And so that the mission to kill Nero is accomplished, Ronaldo came here with the suggestion from Don Galasia that Vincent should step down and let Frate lead the pack since Vincent doesn't want his son dead.

And with nowhere to go, their only option is The Island which is neutral territory. But Fango has taken up residence there since the Orcos are after him because he is stirring up trouble when they are aiming for a treaty. And Fango isn't the kind of guy who would kill for revenge and Angelo knows that or probably assumed this or whatever. This really is a questionable part as Fango obviously knows that it was Angelo who came to kill him and that it was the Vanettis who killed Serpente. So him willing to work together is kinda weird. Or maybe he's waiting for Nero to come and then sneak attack him. An idea to get Orco here alive is probably a bit too farfetched even for Nero. Unless Fango doesn't know that Nero is a wanted man by his own family too, because if Fango doesn't know this then it may not be as farfetched as it seems to him.

And Angelo is waiting to gain Vincent's trust by getting close enough to Nero. Because unless he does that, he can't kill Nero and Vincent. Another thing he needs is information about who the fourth man is and Nero knows that. But Corteo sees a problem – it appears that Angelo was laughing with Nero. And that's what Corteo wanted to confirm. Is Angelo still serious about the revenge now even? The previous episode was meant to show that the two are getting a bit too close and we're seeing side-effects of that.

The mafia wars is the most interesting thing here. Nero and friends being on the run from the three families is probably going to take the front seat now and focus on Angelo wanting to have his revenge will be going on in the background until it resurfaces towards the end when Angelo would have to make a decision after coming into a perfect situation I guess. Right now, I'm more interested in the mafia fights and Nero being on the run than the revenge bit.
Aug 6, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
KLRock said:

You are not at all crazy, friend. I too believe that series without a manga or light novel backup and some sort of service are unfortunately finding it harder and harder to take the spotlight nowadays in comparison to, say, five or ten years ago, as you mentioned. This is mostly due to the hardships, which Japan's economy is currently facing, but that is a discussion for another day.
However, I would also like to add the fact that "91 Days" isn't an "instant gratification" show. The fruits of a decision will not come to light in the very same episode the said decision was made or maybe not in the next episode, but further in the future. Combining this with the subtle manner the characters sometimes express themselves and the seemingly light, but actually quite thoughtful way the plot is flowing, you have a show that will likely not be appealing to the majority of impatient viewers, who have grown used to long explanations during fight scenes and "in your face" reveals through flashbacks, thoughts and whatnot.

Lelouch0202 said:
Decent episode but I felt it was mostly just build up.

Frate wants to kill Nero now, Luckily Nero's spy managed to warn him and they all escaped, Nero was definitely prepared for the situation. Did he expect the betrayal?

Avlio still has revenge on his mind but his current goal is to get to Don Vanetti first.

The Orco guy just wants Lasgna xD

Wonder how this deal with Fango will play out.

Considering how observant Nero is and how the two of them grew up in the same house, there is no doubt in my mind that Nero knew for a long time that he should be wary of his brother. Why else would he have his trusted men, like Tigre, instructed. He was certainly prepared, but wasn't sure whether or not the Don was involved, meaning he can read Frate, but not his own father, which is understandable.

And I will have you know that lasagna IS a wonderful dish that is quite delicate. Just as Don Orco said, it "lives or dies by the béchamel sauce". One single minuscule mistake in the balance of the ingredients, baking temperature or time and the entire meal goes to waste! XD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.