Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 2, 2016 10:56 PM

May 2012
Damn that was really good imo.The felt like the perfect setup episode. I'm surpise how much they did with 30mins. Hell 8 went to credits and thank yous.

I would love to see a whole series of this one day. As an stand alone OVA I can honestly that this shit was flames. Hana was a real one and Anthea is bad ass. The other two was dope as well, and that English, boi I thought this was dub for a sec.

7/10
Aug 2, 2016 11:00 PM
Oct 2010
Demonneo said:
GD1551 said:

-US army special forces having storm trooper aim (worst offending thing in the action scenes IMO)

-Horrendous english voice acting, wtf? The dudes who were doing the soldier voices did not give a FUCK

I had the idea that they were missing most of the shots and getting the weapons jammed because of the girl's psychic power (green eyes). It's as if she has a weaker version of the Pandora's shield.

Horrendous english voice acting? It was the best i ever seen in anime. Normally you would only get the famous "engrish"...lol. And that's because they probably used native speakers but since they were non professional VAs they were subpar compared to the few decent dubs out there.

The missing shots weren't because of her eyes, the only thing happening because her eyes was the guns jamming. Dudes just had storm trooper aim and nothing more. As for the voice acting, I was just comparing it to other dub voice acting.. those dudes legitimately did not care at all. I am not even sure they were able to view the scene while recording those lines because god damn.
Aug 2, 2016 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
Some of the best visuals and sounds I have seen in an anime, I mean even the physics is there - bullets actually made dents to walls and concrete. Story on the otherhand...what the hell just happened.

Aug 2, 2016 11:48 PM
Aug 2011
GD1551 said:
Demonneo said:

I had the idea that they were missing most of the shots and getting the weapons jammed because of the girl's psychic power (green eyes). It's as if she has a weaker version of the Pandora's shield.

Horrendous english voice acting? It was the best i ever seen in anime. Normally you would only get the famous "engrish"...lol. And that's because they probably used native speakers but since they were non professional VAs they were subpar compared to the few decent dubs out there.

The missing shots weren't because of her eyes, the only thing happening because her eyes was the guns jamming. Dudes just had storm trooper aim and nothing more. As for the voice acting, I was just comparing it to other dub voice acting.. those dudes legitimately did not care at all. I am not even sure they were able to view the scene while recording those lines because god damn.

How did you know, that she didn't had a kind of shield. Because Anthea clearly had one. So why should Hana had none? Do you compare the english voices with english dubs? This doesn't work. The english was much better than other japanese productions.
Aug 3, 2016 12:16 AM
Aug 2011
Katsu-kun said:
How disappointing.. The first trailer compared to this is just sh*t. =_=
And how big was the budget again?

The budget was 878'028$. But you have to be careful.
If you took a closer look at the graphic which was provided back than, the budget was used as follows (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/18/heres-anime-film-dog-needs-580000-funding/). But these numbers aren't correct anymore. During the Production, they recogniced that expenses for all the backer rewards are much higher than expected. And they even wrote, that this is also the cause, that the budget for the animation is very tight.

And with that tight budget, they made a great job. Especially for the action scenes.
Aug 3, 2016 12:42 AM

Mar 2010
It was honestly pretty lame.

What exactly is a "Flower"? What are they fighting for? What is this "hope" they keep mentioning and why is it important?
Literally nothing about the premise was explained at all. And aside from that, it lacked any sort of thematic value whatsoever. The entire thing was basically just a spectacle of mindless, gratuitous violence.

The visuals and sound weren't bad, though, I guess, although there were quite a few very noticeable "QUALITY" moments here and there. I personally think that the 3D CGI was done a lot better than the 2D. Good job, Orange.
Aug 3, 2016 12:58 AM

Jul 2011
Well, about what I expected from the trailers/previews they were showing. When they showed the teenage girl back during the early drafts my hopes were already dashed.

In the end, just kind of average SF/military plot going here. Why teenagers though? Is it to make it easier to add in an emotional element? Schoolgirls overpowering train soldiers, okay. And the shock values too (blooood and... slight nudity). I don't know if I would call it cliche exactly, but nothing really new or thought-provoking. Too many modern tropes: schoolgirls, OP characters, American military, and drama. Plus, aren't they an anti-terrorism unit, why are there supernatural monster thingies?

I paid money for this and was promised something like GiTS and Akira, so I'mma be harsh. :P I literally just finished watching GiTS: SAC yesterday so... nope. Even the less well-done episodes in SAC are more thought-provoking and interesting than this will ever be. And this episode had more blood than the whole series. -shrug-

Don't regret the $25 though. I rather see more action series.

But Anthea being way too skinny for a fighter bothers me. :/
Aug 3, 2016 1:54 AM
Oct 2010
Kreilon said:
GD1551 said:

How did you know, that she didn't had a kind of shield. Because Anthea clearly had one. So why should Hana had none? Do you compare the english voices with english dubs? This doesn't work. The english was much better than other japanese productions.

Because unlike Anthnea or the monster she never once blocked anything with her psychic barrier, they were simply missing.

Also I was comparing them to English Dubs because they clearly got English speakers for this but the dudes they got really didn't give a damn or did not see the scene they were recording for.

But you know what, I'll fill in a possibility instead of storm trooper aim. She was using her psychic powers to bend the bullets away from her rather than use a shield.

Mirorin said:
Well, about what I expected from the trailers/previews they were showing. When they showed the teenage girl back during the early drafts my hopes were already dashed.

In the end, just kind of average SF/military plot going here. Why teenagers though? Is it to make it easier to add in an emotional element? Schoolgirls overpowering train soldiers, okay. And the shock values too (blooood and... slight nudity). I don't know if I would call it cliche exactly, but nothing really new or thought-provoking. Too many modern tropes: schoolgirls, OP characters, American military, and drama. Plus, aren't they an anti-terrorism unit, why are there supernatural monster thingies?

I paid money for this and was promised something like GiTS and Akira, so I'mma be harsh. :P I literally just finished watching GiTS: SAC yesterday so... nope. Even the less well-done episodes in SAC are more thought-provoking and interesting than this will ever be. And this episode had more blood than the whole series. -shrug-

Don't regret the $25 though. I rather see more action series.

But Anthea being way too skinny for a fighter bothers me. :/

Isn't the teenage trope already out the window? Anthea or w/e the MC's name is seems to be the main character and she's a grown ass woman. Hana and the other dude are dead.
GD1551Aug 3, 2016 1:59 AM
Aug 3, 2016 2:00 AM

Jul 2011
GD1551 said:

Isn't the teenage trope already out the window? Anthea or w/e the MC's name is seems to be the main character and she's a grown ass woman. Hana and the other dude are dead.

Well, by the end more or less since they're dead. But the rest of the unit (sniper and ... watcher?) are schoolgirls too. Plus Anthea wasn't the main character of this prologue/pilot episode.

Though if they end up getting a TV or OVA series, they will be focusing on Anthea as MC since she was one of the selling points when they were advertising the Kickstarter.
Aug 3, 2016 2:01 AM
Aug 2015
NoctisCuadro said:
I just want to say that some people get impressed way too easily.

Look at the score, then look at the comments on this thread. Nobody is getting impressed easily.
Aug 3, 2016 2:04 AM
Oct 2010
Mirorin said:
GD1551 said:

Well, by the end more or less since they're dead. But the rest of the unit (sniper and ... watcher?) are schoolgirls too. Plus Anthea wasn't the main character of this prologue/pilot episode.

Though if they end up getting a TV or OVA series, they will be focusing on Anthea as MC since she was one of the selling points when they were advertising the Kickstarter.

That is true, you are definitely right on that point. I also thought it was a bit weird they used school kids to, then I saw them get removed and was like.. ok I guess they aren't using them. I forgot that one of the basis of the flowers was using these kids.
Aug 3, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2009
You know why these 28 mins were impressive for some people?

Because this is still better than 80% of generic anime we have nowadays (plus DAT ENGLISH, I'm glad it is getting so much better in anime nowadays).

I'll say, for 28 mins...this was well crafted. Now I wish they would kill off seemingly 'main' characters just as easily in other anime.

Not half bad at all.
Aug 3, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2013
not really good, I don't know why you people think this is okay for 28 mins when anime with just a little more time, such as Kotonoha no Niwa or Hotarubi no Mori e, are so far above this
Aug 3, 2016 6:39 AM

May 2012
How come it is rated below 7/10 ?! The action were is so good, it kept me at edge of my seat, and it was uncensored. ALso, I did not expect both character to die at the end.

I hope we get full TV series for this
Aug 3, 2016 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
RealExtinction said:

Because this is still better than 80% of generic anime we have nowadays (plus DAT ENGLISH, I'm glad it is getting so much better in anime nowadays).

I'll say, for 28 mins...this was well crafted. Now I wish they would kill off seemingly 'main' characters just as easily in other anime.

Not half bad at all.

'Because this is still better than 80% of generic anime we have nowadays'
>HAS 10 MINS of credit
>High school girls
>generic characters[OH THE IRONY]
you are trying too hard to look cool.
Aug 3, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2009
ultravigo said:
RealExtinction said:

Not half bad at all.

>HAS 10 MINS of credit
>High school girls

Naw...I know this anime still has generic things going on, but none the less...still a better execution than what we are used to (or what I am used to anyway).
And all of this is just my opinion, is there a problem with that?
Aug 3, 2016 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
RealExtinction said:
ultravigo said:

>HAS 10 MINS of credit
>High school girls

Naw...I know this anime still has generic things going on, but none the less...still a better execution than what we are used to (or what I am used to anyway).

na not really it's your opinion you can say whatever you want
Aug 3, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2009
ultravigo said:
RealExtinction said:

And it is, despite containing generic elements.
Thank you for permitting me that I suppose. I never said you need to agree with my opinion so lets be cool.
Have a nice day!
Aug 3, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2015
RealExtinction said:
ultravigo said:

And it is, despite containing generic elements.
Thank you for permitting me that I suppose. I never said you need to agree with my opinion so lets be cool.
Have a nice day!

yup lets be cool it's only opinion after all which varies from one person to another
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
Aug 3, 2016 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
I liked what I saw here, it was pretty interesting but is there more to this? It seems like a prologue to a bigger anime or something.

If people donated money and this is all we get then that'll be pretty disappointing but if we at the very least get an anime series or something then I think that would be satisfactory?
Aug 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Oct 2007
I'm just happy my name was in the credits lmao
Aug 3, 2016 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
The trailer was pure action scene followed by action scene followed by action scene and people complain about it being mindless action. They delivered more of what they showed.
Still trash though
Aug 3, 2016 3:05 PM
Aug 2013
This OVA was AMAZING!!!

Hope to see a sequel in the future.
Aug 3, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
this is so fucking bad

1/10

don't believe i waited for a year for this trash lol

Aug 3, 2016 3:15 PM

May 2009
Honestly, I expected it to be total shit but this was nice pilot/prologue to longer series that will never happen. Shame that it will get tons of undeserved hate from idiot who had retardedly high expectations.
Did you really expect long series? From the begininng they said it will be episode long OVA. I expected some action flick and that's it. You wanted some DEEP and MUHTURE plot? Read a book.
7/10

Well, there are still hopes that some happy merchants from murrica (like netflix) will take interest in and fund longer series (there were some news that IG is doing something for them).
Aug 3, 2016 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
This isn't what I paid for

.....is what I would be saying if I paid for it.

But seriously that was nothing like the trailer.
Aug 3, 2016 6:08 PM
Dec 2014
I liked it. Lots of good action, sci-fi and it feels like there is much more in terms of lore and background but no explicitly shown (similar to EVA). Fast pacing, so you never get bored, altho longer would have been better, since there too many open questions. Liked the realistic appeal it tried to paint in terms of atmosphere(family reaction) and char design(no colorful hair), obviously not plot and action itself.

Similar strength and weaknesses to kite liberator, only less bs nobody cares about.

Nice side effect is that I now have a perfect example for a pretentious anime.
plasma38Aug 3, 2016 6:15 PM
Aug 3, 2016 9:47 PM
Oct 2010
bastek66 said:
I expected some action flick and that's it. You wanted some DEEP and MUHTURE plot? Read a book.

Pretty sure people just wanted something coherent.
Aug 3, 2016 10:32 PM

Dec 2014
Oh my gosh some of you people are acting really dumb. The PV that people keep referring to as the source of their unmet expectations was released over a year ago.. a lot of shit happened between then and now.....if that PV was your only point of reference as for what to expect from the OVA then it's your fault for not keeping up with the updates...stop hyperbolizing your self-inflicted butt hurt by giving it ridiculously low scores.
And all the socratics hating on this OVA because it didn't provide some spectacular philosophical communication just fuck off already.. no one likes you
ghstindashamplooAug 4, 2016 12:18 AM
Aug 4, 2016 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
i give this a 3/10, maybe 4/10 on a good day.
not because i hate it or because i'm disappointed (i'm a backer), but because i genuinely struggle to come up with anything positive to say about it other than "it has some well animated action scenes", and that's hardly all that makes good anime.
i mean that's all there is to it.
and even the animation, the one saving grace, isn't all flawless.
the character designs are extremely forgettable, the backgrounds (at least in building, where most of it takes place) are flat as hell, the cg is okay, all the scenes outside of action are nothing special.
there are anime produced this very season on a tv budget/schedule with more impressive animation (Mob Psycho 100).

the story is as incomprehensible as it is irrelevant.
why bother explaining anything about setting or all the terminology (blacks? whites? pandoralization? fighting the hope of humanity? flowers?) or even what the fuck is happening, when there's more action scenes of army dudes getting slaughtered to get to?

the characters are all fucking nothing.
the male lead has no personality and is just there to be dragged around by the female lead.
she herself is not much better, 'generic highschool girl, but also action girl' is all there is to her. i guess at least she has a goal and stakes in what's happening, as if that was high praise and not character writing 101.
doesn't even matter anyway, because they're both dead by the end, which means they can't even be developed further in a potential future installment.
who else is there?
oh, Anthea.
doesn't talk.
personality: 'slightly more competent action girl'.
wow, very engaging, i'm blown away.

music, i didn't even notice any.
the english voice acting doesn't sound very professional, but it's better than the engrish we usually get. that is very faint praise.

overall, this entire thing doesn't feel like a coherent story.
rather, it feels like a demo reel one would show to producers to secure a budget.
a lengthy glorified trailer for a future installment that may never exist.
a collection of random sakuga with filler in-between.
an opportunity for Hidetsugu Ito to add to his portfolio. (from what i can tell, most pieces of good animation in the OVA can be ascribed to him)

considering they got more money than they asked for, two years to work on it and only 20-something minutes of animation to create, one could expect a slight bit more than 'mild animation-pornography for gorehounds'.
my expectations were already nothing (i forgot i even backed it until i looked it up a month ago) and i still feel like it hardly delivered.
MalfegorAug 4, 2016 2:23 AM
Aug 4, 2016 2:42 AM

Nov 2014
ghstindashamploo said:
Oh my gosh some of you people are acting really dumb. The PV that people keep referring to as the source of their unmet expectations was released over a year ago.. a lot of shit happened between then and now.....if that PV was your only point of reference as for what to expect from the OVA then it's your fault for not keeping up with the updates...stop hyperbolizing your self-inflicted butt hurt by giving it ridiculously low scores.

I mean... that's a legit complaint, that PV was what they used to advertise the project and get people to give them money, of course if something completely different comes out people are going to say that it's not what they paid for. If order a TV online and get a toaster delivered to me, I don't care how fucking good the toaster is or how many mail I got telling me "turns out we're sending you a toaster lol." I'm still not gonna be happy. And in this case, the toaster isn't even good, it's just some forgettable, sub-par bullshit, even when not compared to the vastly superior, better animated, more interesting trailer the thing is nothing more than alright, if this was the first episode of a new seasonal it sure as hell wouldn't be the best this season and I'm not even sure I'd watch the next episode.
Aug 4, 2016 5:40 AM

Oct 2011
It's has a good story concept. I enjoy it very much.
the art is not to uptodate i guess. maybe it's because it's a crowdfunding project, but still the did a good job. so, why so much hate?!
Aug 4, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
The flower is almost neutralized and what do the soldiers do? ... they just wait to see if she can still aim at them and shoot :) Sure. After the long wait she is saved at "the last second". Who would have thought?

Hana's gun was out of ammo. It was animated as such. The slide was locked back. Plus Anthea takes Hana's gun from her and uses her own to kill her. Why? Because it was out ammo...
Aug 4, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
And I don't know if anybody got this but when Subject P, the fully "pandoralized" guy, stopped its fight with Anthea and ran at Shunichi at the end it wasn't trying to hurt him it was actually trying to shield Shunichi from the cruise missile. But Shunichi didn't know that and his body reacted defensively. This is when we discover Subject P is his father.
Aug 4, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
The English voice cast was actually pretty good compared to some other anime's. That said the plot made no sense and because nothing was explained I didn't really enjoy it. I give it a 5.
Aug 4, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
ghstindashamploo said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
The flower is almost neutralized and what do the soldiers do? ... they just wait to see if she can still aim at them and shoot :) Sure. After the long wait she is saved at "the last second". Who would have thought?

Hana's gun was out of ammo. It was animated as such. The slide was locked back. Plus Anthea takes Hana's gun from her and uses her own to kill her. Why? Because it was out ammo...

Thank you. That's a good point. Still, being relax and taking their time while a pandora is still (eventually) in the building doesn't look realistic here.

About some english voices, I agree with others here that the intonation of the voices many times doesn't fit with the situation. I just suppose that the people doing the job weren't voice "actors" or like others that they didn't see the scenes where the characters were supposed to be at the moment.
Aug 4, 2016 2:37 PM

Oct 2015
Really good OVA, it had looks wow effects where ya simply didnt expect some things to happen like both of them dying in the end. And as a kickstarter project its done really well even heard that thoose that donated had the chance to do the voice acting which can explain the proper english.
Anyway i really hope some day we get a full series for this cuz it has plently potential since the story is quite interesting.
Aug 4, 2016 7:40 PM

Apr 2015
This thing failed at everything else, but I will give a 5/10 for delivered explosions
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Aug 4, 2016 11:02 PM
Apr 2016
I like to rate anime on the end product, not how it was a bit different from the 'generic' anime out there. In the end it was average at best and that's how I rated it.
Aug 5, 2016 2:48 AM
Jan 2012
I would like this to become a full series, we really need more good action anime.
Aug 5, 2016 2:52 AM

Mar 2014
Well, how much can you really do in 30 minutes? Had explosions, excitement and hints at some kind of story but no context for anything presumably due to time constraints. I don't think I can seriously hold its shortcomings against it, but that doesn't make it a good anime.
Aug 5, 2016 3:00 AM
Aug 2011
I don't understand the hate which is spread all over the place. Therefore i would like to talk about few things.

There are many complaints about the world which was introduced and that many questions were left open.
------------------
But why is this bad? The target of the kickstarter campaign was to create a prequal episode introducing the world. They wanted to make an episode which hooks people so they want to know more about the world. This would completely be destroyed, if they had revealed everything. Why should i hope fore more content if i already know everything about the world? How can a future work keep me glued to the screen if there are no mysteries left?

Lots of people complain about the quality by such a high budget.
-----------------
Fact is, that according to the creators only 40% goes to the animation. But during their work they recogniced, that the physical rewards are much more expensive than expected. So the effective amount for the animation shrinks again. A second part is, that they made a reboot after about 1 year. So i'm sure, they lost money again and also time. So you can't say, they worked 2 years non stop on it.

It is clear, that this is a mistake of the creators but within the risks of a kickstarter campaign.

Another complain is about the screentime of anthea.
----------------
Sure, she was on many promotional material, but is it that wong? The description of the campaign clearly said, that Hana will be the main character of the episode. So everyone who just looked at the trailer made a mistake. The description should also be taken into account.

There is no story and caracterization.
-----------------
I really don't get this point. The Story is existing, maybe not that great like Code Geass or Re:Zero,... but for the short time, there was a story.

A testsubject escaped from the army. As we know, he is the father of this shinichi boy. There is a possibility, that he went to school, to meet his son again which he haven't seen for years. And of course, the Army tries tocatch/kill him. During the operation the army recognizes, that the son is there, so they wan't to catch him. But the flowers where there first so they try to protect him. As wall as his father in his prometheus form.
So, how can someone say, that there is no story? And this shows only the aspect of the army and not the flowers like Hana. Hana it self has a different story colliding with the military operation.
And within these stories, we can see characters fighting for their unknown future and families.

There are so many explosions. It is like a film from michael bay
-----------------
Yea. Rockets explode. Shouldn't they?
Furthermore, what is wrong with some explosions in an action anime?

Just some things i wanted to mention.
Aug 5, 2016 7:26 AM

May 2015
I hope to see a full TV series of this. I enjoyed this OVA, but the animation and visuals were quite disappointing, considering how beautiful it was in the trailer. Good thing that the English was good, though, lol. But still, the English voice acting felt lacking at times somehow.

8/10.

Aug 5, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
I liked this OVA, but there were too many unexplained things. What are Pandoras, what is the Black/White classification, why did they used high school girls as assassins, what do they mean by destroying humanity's hope etc. etc. It all started with a bang, and ended with a bang. I couldn't understand the plot so much.
Explosions were good. Another good thing is the English of the soldiers. Better than any Engrish you can hear in any anime.
I gave 6/10 due to nice action scenes, not-half-bad voice acting and art, mediocre presentation and character development and explosions, explosions and EXPLOSIONS.
Aug 5, 2016 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
No story... No explanation... No characters...

Action... Explosions... Animation... More Explosions...

2.5/5
Aug 5, 2016 3:27 PM
Aug 2011
twonline said:
No story... No explanation... No characters...

Action... Explosions... Animation... More Explosions...

2.5/5

My thoughts on this kind of comments.

Kreilon said:
I don't understand the hate which is spread all over the place. Therefore i would like to talk about few things.

There are many complaints about the world which was introduced and that many questions were left open.
------------------
But why is this bad? The target of the kickstarter campaign was to create a prequal episode introducing the world. They wanted to make an episode which hooks people so they want to know more about the world. This would completely be destroyed, if they had revealed everything. Why should i hope fore more content if i already know everything about the world? How can a future work keep me glued to the screen if there are no mysteries left?

Lots of people complain about the quality by such a high budget.
-----------------
Fact is, that according to the creators only 40% goes to the animation. But during their work they recogniced, that the physical rewards are much more expensive than expected. So the effective amount for the animation shrinks again. A second part is, that they made a reboot after about 1 year. So i'm sure, they lost money again and also time. So you can't say, they worked 2 years non stop on it.

It is clear, that this is a mistake of the creators but within the risks of a kickstarter campaign.

Another complain is about the screentime of anthea.
----------------
Sure, she was on many promotional material, but is it that wong? The description of the campaign clearly said, that Hana will be the main character of the episode. So everyone who just looked at the trailer made a mistake. The description should also be taken into account.

There is no story and caracterization.
-----------------
I really don't get this point. The Story is existing, maybe not that great like Code Geass or Re:Zero,... but for the short time, there was a story.

A testsubject escaped from the army. As we know, he is the father of this shinichi boy. There is a possibility, that he went to school, to meet his son again which he haven't seen for years. And of course, the Army tries tocatch/kill him. During the operation the army recognizes, that the son is there, so they wan't to catch him. But the flowers where there first so they try to protect him. As wall as his father in his prometheus form.
So, how can someone say, that there is no story? And this shows only the aspect of the army and not the flowers like Hana. Hana it self has a different story colliding with the military operation.
And within these stories, we can see characters fighting for their unknown future and families.

There are so many explosions. It is like a film from michael bay
-----------------
Yea. Rockets explode. Shouldn't they?
Furthermore, what is wrong with some explosions in an action anime?

Just some things i wanted to mention.
Aug 5, 2016 7:04 PM

Nov 2009
This OVA feels as if its staff just saw Gunslinger Girl, Ga rei zero and Canaan and decided to make a messy and incoherent mix out of the three while putting the emphasis on bright explosions. I find it hilarious how they were advertising the show as a comeback and an homage to classic action anime from the 90s yet it ended up with more modern cliches than a lot of your seasonal anime nowadays.
Aug 6, 2016 3:46 AM

Nov 2012
Meaning of "hate" word has been so devalued by MALers.

I just took a look on my list to ensure myself and concluded there is only one anime I like less, so the score was clear 1/10. I don't hate this anime, I just like the good plot and shiny characters and these things didn't exist in Under the dog. Art style didn't catch my eye and animation wasn't near as good as announced.
Aug 6, 2016 3:57 AM

Jul 2016
Such wasted potential.
They could have done a lot with 29 minutes, but instead what we have here is a story that is all over the place and makes no sense.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 6, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2012
I'm baffled by this thread.

>things don't make sense, things are unexplained
It's a 30 minute OVA which was planned to be continued in a series, so of course. Plus if some people paid more attention they would realize a lot is already explained.

>animation isn't very good
These people don't know what they're talking about. The key animation is excellent, although it might have been lax on in-between, but these things cost money. 3D animation is also great, like they developped a ton of 3D assets, more than an OVA you feel the 30 minutes had the ambition of a full length movie, and the staff diserve respect for that, regardless of how close to the orignal trailer the final result is.

Even the kind of cliché plot became tolerable through the interesting mix of despair and edginess. Seriously, who here can resist the discreet and quiet charm of the Pandora?
EratiKAug 6, 2016 4:16 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Several years later...in 2021

Belsel - Aug 10, 2021

2 by Belsel »»
Aug 10, 2021 6:49 AM

» Future for this work

800MEric - Aug 6, 2016

13 by Tracer_Senpai »»
Oct 24, 2018 10:54 AM

» Do you even OVA?

soredemoii - Aug 8, 2016

4 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Dec 30, 2016 7:08 PM

» Perhaps a full Tv series for Under the Dog

KurumiNightmare - Oct 30, 2016

2 by LaceyKuroki »»
Oct 30, 2016 2:58 PM

Poll: » How should future episodes of the series be made as.

Domayv - Oct 16, 2016

0 by Domayv »»
Oct 16, 2016 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.