Forum Settings
Forums

'Soul Buster' Short TV Anime Adaptation for Fall 2016

New
Aug 2, 2016 9:02 PM

Nov 2007
The official website for Soul Busters opened up today, announcing that the Chinese manhua Shi Ling Yanwu by Maimo will receive a TV anime adaptation. The series is scheduled to broadcast on Tuesdays at 18:30 JST via Tokyo MX, starting on October 4, with each episode lasting ten minutes. The series will also be broadcasted on BS11 and MBS, with two consecutive episodes airing on MBS on Saturdays. In addition to the TV broadcast, the anime will also be available on Chinese streaming sites.

Shi Ling Yanwu is about a boy named Son Shin who lives in the present time. He breaks a seal in his dream and erases the past known as the Sangokushi period. Without knowing why, he travels back in time and gets involved with the Sangokushi timeline.

Cast
Son Shin: Takahiro Mizushima (White Album 2)
Shuu Yu: Rui Tanabe (Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV))
Ryou Un: Seira Ryu (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal)
Barin Yi: Tetsuya Kakihara (Fairy Tail)
Mizugami-sensei: Yuuko Sanpei (Kimi ni Todoke)
Han Kentei: Tomohiro Nishimura (Choujin Densetsu Urotsukidouji)
Chou-sensei: Tarusuke Shingaki (Ozmafia!!)
School Nurse: Mari Hino (Flying Witch)
Gien: Kenichirou Matsuda (Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:2 Ghost Whispers)
Haku Yasuko: Daisuke Namikawa (Arslan Senki (TV))
Shuu Sou: Toshiyuki Toyonaga (B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious)
Tei Fu: Takayuki Sugou (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199)
Sou Sei: Shun Horie (12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki)
Hou Ga: Ami Koshimizu (Macross Δ)

Staff
Chief Director: Koubun Shizuno
Director: Odahiro Watanabe
Series Composition: Masaya Honda
Character Design: Tsutomu Miyazawa
Chief Animation Director: Tsutomu Miyazawa, Masaaki Sakurai, Ippei Ichii
Art Director: Tooru Koga
Mechanical Design: Hiroyuki Taiga
Effect Animation Director: Takashi Hashimoto
Color Design: Yoshimi Kawakami
Photography Director: Shigeteru Asakawa
Editing: Hiromi Sasaki
Sound Director: Katsunori Shimizu
Music: Akiyuki Tateyama
Music Studio: MAGES.
Studio: Studio Pierrot

Opening Theme Song: "SOUL BUSTER" by Ayane
Ending Theme Song: "MY OWN LIFE" by Zwei

Official site: http://soulbuster.jp/

PV

Source: Animate Times, Edge Line

Soul Buster on MAL
Sakana-sanAug 6, 2016 2:03 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2012
And so, this is Chinese cartoons done right.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 2, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2015
Even more time travel lel
Aug 2, 2016 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
The power of Chinese streaming sites is real.

INVEST IN STREAMING ALREADY JAPAN!
Aug 2, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
You had me at Toyonaga Toshiyuki...
Aug 2, 2016 10:36 PM

Nov 2007
Announcement PV that was revealed three years ago (that's why I felt weird that it was never announced when I saw this news even though I've seen the title):

Also:
tsubasalover said:
be available on Chinese streaming sites.
Probably Youku or Tudou, as it is listed for collaboration with producing the TV anime with Japan team, but not sure which one.
PressConferenceArticle said:
今秋、中国の動画配信大手 Youku Tudouと日本のアニメ制作会社・スタジオぴえろによる日中共同制作でアニメ化され、2016秋より1話10分で、日本にてテレビ地上波放送、中国にてネット配信による同時公開が予定されている。

Press Conference Article
tsubasaloverAug 3, 2016 2:39 AM
Aug 2, 2016 11:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The most recent PV is perhaps more appropriate to post, as opposed to an outdated teaser.

I believe the director has been misspelled. It's Odahiro Watanabe and not Yasuhiro Watanabe. Also, "Director of Photography" is perhaps a better term to use than "Film Director," for which Shigeteru Asakawa should be credited.

Lastly, shouldn't it be 15 minutes per episode, seeing that the Tokyo MX run-time is 18:30 JST to 18:45 JST?
VindstotAug 2, 2016 11:47 PM

Aug 3, 2016 1:46 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm, I barely know about Chinese manhua. The first Chinese adapt that I watch is Hitori no Shita that currently airing. And it's kinda weird when I heard their names. But I'll try it when this got aired in fall cause I like anime. be it Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or Indonesian I'll watch all of it! Cause I like anime.
Aug 3, 2016 2:26 AM

Nov 2007
Vindstot said:
Lastly, shouldn't it be 15 minutes per episode, seeing that the Tokyo MX run-time is 18:30 JST to 18:45 JST?

This press conference article says 10 minutes per episode. I'm guessing that the 15 minutes timeslot includes commercial.

As for PV, I didn't know there's newer PV released (only found that teaser PV while searching with the Chinese title). That's why I didn't include any PV in the initial post. Other than that, I've fixed the staff list.
tsubasaloverAug 3, 2016 2:41 AM
Aug 3, 2016 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
Gotta wait till they start adapting the good stuff and production value is higher.

Only a matter of time before Korean Manhwa/Webtoons are adapted.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 3, 2016 6:07 AM
Jul 2016
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Gotta wait till they start adapting the good stuff and production value is higher.

Korean Manhwa is more likely to get dramas (Most recently, Cheese in the Trap)

About the news, i will wait too. Need more info. The sinopse is about time travel, the pv is like a mix between the fate series with Yu-gi-oh.
Aug 3, 2016 6:09 AM

Jul 2014
The age of true chinese cartoons has arrived.

Mayuka said:
You had me at Toyonaga Toshiyuki...

same
Aug 3, 2016 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
Vinci_Faisal said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

About the news, i will wait too. Need more info. The sinopse is about time travel, the pv is like a mix between the fate series with Yu-gi-oh.

yh true but I don't think anyone expected Chinese Manhua's to get adapted so I got my hopes up for Korean ones. I just wish the production was higher and they chose better manhua's to adapt coz I see generic crap in that PV. MC too.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 3, 2016 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
Well, there's already this series, so I guess we're bound to see more in the future.
Aug 3, 2016 6:54 AM

Mar 2016
Namikawa Daisuke and Toyonaga Toshiyuki are enough for me to want to watch this xD But with a cast this big and 10 minute episodes, don't think Ill be hearing them as much.
Aug 3, 2016 7:17 AM
Sep 2015
and i thought it had something to do with soul eater lol.
Aug 3, 2016 7:33 AM

Feb 2012
Looks ok I guess, too bad its a short.
Aug 3, 2016 10:11 AM

Dec 2007
I'll only watch it if they cross some motherf*cking streams.
Aug 3, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2013
It's time to Du....Du. Du.Du. Duel!!

My only wish is they should changed it to more Japanese friendly name, since they speaking in Japanese afterall. otherwise the pronunciation is just going to sound weird...
RavenxChaserAug 3, 2016 1:05 PM
Aug 3, 2016 11:21 PM

Apr 2009
Will Chinese toons become the new cancer? Or will Zipang idol back? Watch the next episode to find out!
Aug 4, 2016 4:23 AM

Jul 2015
RavenxChaser said:

My only wish is they should changed it to more Japanese friendly name, since they speaking in Japanese afterall. otherwise the pronunciation is just going to sound weird...

Why? These names are perfectly pronouncable for Japanese people, especially for professional seiyuu. This isn´t Hollywood, for fucks sake
It's okay to smirk

Aug 4, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2013
addioo12 said:
RavenxChaser said:

Why? These names are perfectly pronouncable for Japanese people, especially for professional seiyuu. This isn´t Hollywood, for fucks sake

what's that have to do with hollywood? They are "professional seiyuu" in Japanese only, most of them can't pronounce proper English words. Personally, some of the chinese name just doesn't sound good in Japanese . Whether or not they're professional has nothing to do with it.
Aug 4, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
RavenxChaser said:
addioo12 said:

what's that have to do with hollywood? They are "professional seiyuu" in Japanese only, most of them can't pronounce proper English words. Personally, some of the chinese name just doesn't sound good in Japanese . Whether or not they're professional has nothing to do with it.

Did you even read the names? Trust me, it´s gonna be alright. These names should not be difficult to pronounce. Thy´re pretty much just one hiragana syllable each. Nothing complicated

And I was referring to hollywood, since changing characters names and backgrounds is what they usually do when they´re not white, latino or black
It's okay to smirk

Aug 4, 2016 10:14 PM

Aug 2014
Commence the chinese cartoon jokes.
Aug 5, 2016 6:12 AM

Dec 2014
Don't think this sounds or looks to bad tbh I have been watching a lot more Chinese anime lately and been enjoying them so I will give this one a try as well
Aug 6, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2015
daAmazinFatB0y said:

yes! basically this.

Vinci_Faisal said:

that's in korea. we're in a completely different country, with a dimensionally different culture.
------
i am SO excited. the show itself doesn't look interesting i must admit, but this is the third announcement so far of a chinese anime adaptation!

and with the most recent announcement of yet ANOTHER LINE PRODUCT (so hyped!!!!), it looks like japan is finally reaching overseas.

and i must say this is the most perfect time for this to happen. i really hope chinese authors such as buddy will get attention, she's really popular in asia and the UK.

and we can only look foward in future years for even more korea/chinese adaptations. it's only a matter of time until MAL will have to change their guidelines eventually!

it's now official. it's not only the fans who are bored with the same old japanese stories anymore...

i am so ready for the korea/chinese wave. it's been a (very) long time coming.
TomDayAug 6, 2016 10:13 AM
Aug 8, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 2016
TomDay said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

yes! basically this.

Vinci_Faisal said:

that's in korea. we're in a completely different country, with a dimensionally different culture.
------
i am SO excited. the show itself doesn't look interesting i must admit, but this is the third announcement so far of a chinese anime adaptation!

and with the most recent announcement of yet ANOTHER LINE PRODUCT (so hyped!!!!), it looks like japan is finally reaching overseas.

and i must say this is the most perfect time for this to happen. i really hope chinese authors such as buddy will get attention, she's really popular in asia and the UK.

and we can only look foward in future years for even more korea/chinese adaptations. it's only a matter of time until MAL will have to change their guidelines eventually!

it's now official. it's not only the fans who are bored with the same old japanese stories anymore...

i am so ready for the korea/chinese wave. it's been a (very) long time coming.

Yes. You're right, but is more likely you get adaptations in your home country. But you too have some examples as Kurokami and Freezing of the master Im Dal Young made into animes.

But, let's wait for the future.
Aug 8, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
Vinci_Faisal said:

Yes. You're right, but is more likely you get adaptations in your home country. But you too have some examples as Kurokami and Freezing of the master Im Dal Young made into animes.

But, let's wait for the future.

no i wasn't denying the fact that most are made into TV shows (in fact i remember watching a doc about how around 60-70% are made into them), i was just saying that doesn't have to be the case for japan.

but yeah, so hyped for future years, can't wait for korea/china to get some credit for some awesome work.
Oct 1, 2016 3:26 PM
Sep 2009
Anime is the only place I can escape China and now they're invading anime industry... I've got no where to go soon.
Oct 1, 2016 3:45 PM

Apr 2015
Wow another chinese animated series. Is this a sign?

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.