Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray and DVD Rankings for Jul 25 - 31

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2016 4:32 PM
Jun 2014
-Janet said:
**,507 *1,766 Super Lovers Vol.2 Limited Edition

Awesomeeee !!! Always happy to see one of my favorite BL's still selling well. Keep the sales rising so we can get more seasons in the future <3

*2,305 12,304 Macross Δ Vol.1 Special Limited Edition

Anyways those numbers are great but it's thanks to the event ticket delta had strong sales but now without it the sales would've been low not even close to 12k which makes me a bit upset. Now I'm wondering is Delta lacking something? Are Macross Fans unsatisfied with the anime. I mean in my opinion it has one of the best OST'S, engaging plot/strong characters and great art. So what is wrong with it, why can't it reach Frontier's success :/

welp dont compare this to frontier...in macross franchise its still have a good sales..it same with gundam IBO why cant it reach gundam seed sales lol
macross sdf only sold 13k
Aug 2, 2016 6:39 PM
Jan 2016
*6. *6,799 *6,799 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Vol.2
14. **,868 **,868 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Vol.2

Im kind of suprised here.. not even reaching 10k. To think it has a lot of hype. What were in the event tickets of it anyway? like meet and greet or a concert?

Congrats to macross finally breaking 10k.. that took a while.

and Kizu.. you are way past your prime. Still 30+K is a lot
Aug 2, 2016 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
Macross was blessed by 46k sales per volume 9 years ago, something like 12k is literally a hell. I dont know about OST sales but I believe Frontier was Princess and Delta is a peasant. Sheryl and Ranka too stroonk
Aug 3, 2016 5:18 AM
Jun 2014
SUNTEARS said:
Macross was blessed by 46k sales per volume 9 years ago, something like 12k is literally a hell. I dont know about OST sales but I believe Frontier was Princess and Delta is a peasant. Sheryl and Ranka too stroonk

Same with gundam IBO situation though not as good as gundam franchise sales
Aug 3, 2016 5:28 AM

Apr 2014
alva13 said:
SUNTEARS said:

Same with gundam IBO situation though not as good as gundam franchise sales

Except IBO is doing better than its predecessors like G-reco and AGE. Not to mention the franchise makes most of it's money from the model kits.
Aug 3, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Joker game selling 8k really came outta nowhere. Fujo power too strong

I won't get into if it's a good show or bad but it's great to see there's an audience willing to buy such anime, shows like this have always tanked
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Aug 3, 2016 1:08 PM

Nov 2011
SUNTEARS said:

Macross is a mecha franchise giant, BDs are far from its only source of income.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 3, 2016 1:17 PM
Nov 2015
Jg bd has all the eps no??
Aug 3, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
Kizumonogatari dominates, holy shit lmao. I expected more though tbh. xD
Aug 3, 2016 2:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
NatsukiIkki said:

I think just half of the episodes.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 3, 2016 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
rederoin said:
SUNTEARS said:

You're right, however Delta's BD sales still indicates a declining of popularity or a failure to attracts new fans or even both. How big the impact is still debatable and I'll do my little research starting from there.
Aug 3, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
Why does everyone think mostly, if not only, fujoshi liked that show? that's far far far from the truth.... plus there's not even the slightest BL hints in there??

I see nothing wrong if people want to ship whatever pleases them, honestly! but to automatically think JG fandom is basically formed by fujoshi is quite annoying, some of us really like the story as for what it is and even the characters without the actual need to ship them :/

PD: and given there's nothing BL going on, it feels like people are diminishing the actual plot and real value of JG....and that is what saddens and annoys me the most I would say :/

-----------------------------------------

DatRandomDude said:
NatsukiIkki said:

yep, only half of the eps (second half around the end of the year if I'm not mistaken)

plus each box set has a mini bonus episode OVA (kuroneko Yoru no bouken)
NemuriNezumiAug 3, 2016 3:23 PM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 3, 2016 4:05 PM
Jun 2014
rederoin said:
SUNTEARS said:

noo their income mostly from ost http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/12/macross-delta-girls-idol-unit-walkures-1st-album-sells-78000-units

https://otakunoculture.com/2016/07/13/macross-delta-cd-takes-second-highest-ranking-on-oricon-music-chart/
Aug 3, 2016 4:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
NemuriNezumi said:
Why does everyone think mostly, if not only, fujoshi liked that show? that's far far far from the truth.... plus there's not even the slightest BL hints in there??

I see nothing wrong if people want to ship whatever pleases them, honestly! but to automatically think JG fandom is basically formed by fujoshi is quite annoying, some of us really like the story as for what it is and even the characters without the actual need to ship them :/

PD: and given there's nothing BL going on, it feels like people are diminishing the actual plot and real value of JG....and that is what saddens and annoys me the most I would say :/

Its simple, if someone dont like it and its suddenly doing great (and has a lot of men/boys in it) its automatically because of fujoshi baits !

Wake up, its logic !

(lol)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
Glad that Osomatsu-san sold so many copies

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Aug 3, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2012
DatRandomDude said:
NemuriNezumi said:

Its simple, if someone dont like it and its suddenly doing great (and has a lot of men/boys in it) its automatically because of fujoshi baits !

Wake up, its logic !

(lol)

Pssst I was talking about those who said it did well only because of fujoshi

I'm guessing you didn'read the full thread and all the answers, hmm?

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 3, 2016 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
I'm really happy to see Haifuri's sale of their 2nd Vol. in their 1st week, although it was helped by the event tickets. I still hope they will make the 2nd season of this series. by the way can someone give me DVD & Blu-ray sales rankings for Spring 2016 series from the 1st week of the 1st volumes sale?
Aug 4, 2016 3:12 AM
Nov 2015
NemuriNezumi said:

DatRandomDude said:

yep, only half of the eps (second half around the end of the year if I'm not mistaken)

But, the bd is more expensive for having more eps than the normal?? Because if it has the same price, it s an average sells that we r seeing now
Aug 4, 2016 8:53 PM
Feb 2015
alva13 said:
-Janet said:

Awesomeeee !!! Always happy to see one of my favorite BL's still selling well. Keep the sales rising so we can get more seasons in the future <3

Anyways those numbers are great but it's thanks to the event ticket delta had strong sales but now without it the sales would've been low not even close to 12k which makes me a bit upset. Now I'm wondering is Delta lacking something? Are Macross Fans unsatisfied with the anime. I mean in my opinion it has one of the best OST'S, engaging plot/strong characters and great art. So what is wrong with it, why can't it reach Frontier's success :/

welp dont compare this to frontier...in macross franchise its still have a good sales..it same with gundam IBO why cant it reach gundam seed sales lol

Dude did you even read my post carefully? When did I ever compare one anime with the other I only said I was curious to why Delta wasn't as popular as Frontier was. How is that even comparing :/
Aug 4, 2016 9:24 PM
Jun 2014
-Janet said:
alva13 said:

Dude did you even read my post carefully? When did I ever compare one anime with the other I only said I was curious to why Delta wasn't as popular as Frontier was. How is that even comparing :/

Thats comparing popularity or sales of frontier and delta that what i thought, sorry for misunderstanding :/
And yeah girl und panzer movie, kizu, love live make some spring anime didnt selling good and overshadowed them
Aug 4, 2016 10:03 PM
Feb 2015
alva13 said:
-Janet said:

Thats comparing popularity or sales of frontier and delta that what i thought, sorry for misunderstanding :/
And yeah girl und panzer movie, kizu, love live make some spring anime didnt selling good and overshadowed them

I don't like comparing anime in my opinion each and every single anime is different. I know some will be more popular then others with us fans but I'm still curious as to why Delta having strong characters like Keith, Messer & Mikuomo, a good plot and a beautiful Ost it didn't recieve the same support as Frontier did.

Well I heard Girls und panzer and love live performed well in Japan aren't both series popular though?
Aug 4, 2016 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
NatsukiIkki said:
NemuriNezumi said:

But, the bd is more expensive for having more eps than the normal?? Because if it has the same price, it s an average sells that we r seeing now

The Joker Game BD-BOX has 6 episodes on it, and is priced at ¥19,440 (with the 8% sales tax), which comes out to ¥3,240/episode. A standard 1-cour anime is usually split into 6 volumes with 2 episodes each. Using Girls und Panzer as an example, each volume is priced at ¥7,560 (with the 8% sales tax), which comes out to ¥3,780/episode. So the Joker Game BD-BOX is slightly cheaper than a standard 1-cour anime, but it is not excessively so.

One of the Anime DVD/BD Wiki has the number of TV anime from year 2000 to 2014 at 2,073, while 325 of these TV anime averaged higher than 5,000 copies. That's ~15.7% of TV Anime from year 2000 to 2014 that have done above 5,000 average. Both Joker Game BD-BOXes have event tickets, so it is reasonable to assume it will average above 8,000 at least, so I ask you how is that average sales at ¥3,240/episode, when ~84.3% of TV Anime from year 2000 to 2014 failed to average higher than 5,000 copies?

I could even just deal with the year 2014, where there were 210 TV anime, while only 32 of them averaged higher than 5,000 copies. That's 15.2% of anime in 2014, which doesn't deviate much from the 15.7% of TV anime from 2000 to 2014, so i'm pretty confident that sales considered to be average is much much lower than what Joker Game ended up selling.
EjcAug 4, 2016 11:26 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 5, 2016 4:17 AM
Nov 2015
Ejc said:
NatsukiIkki said:

The Joker Game BD-BOX has 6 episodes on it, and is priced at ¥19,440 (with the 8% sales tax), which comes out to ¥3,240/episode. A standard 1-cour anime is usually split into 6 volumes with 2 episodes each. Using Girls und Panzer as an example, each volume is priced at ¥7,560 (with the 8% sales tax), which comes out to ¥3,780/episode. So the Joker Game BD-BOX is slightly cheaper than a standard 1-cour anime, but it is not excessively so.

One of the Anime DVD/BD Wiki has the number of TV anime from year 2000 to 2014 at 2,073, while 325 of these TV anime averaged higher than 5,000 copies. That's ~15.7% of TV Anime from year 2000 to 2014 that have done above 5,000 average. Both Joker Game BD-BOXes have event tickets, so it is reasonable to assume it will average above 8,000 at least, so I ask you how is that average sales at ¥3,240/episode, when ~84.3% of TV Anime from year 2000 to 2014 failed to average higher than 5,000 copies?

I could even just deal with the year 2014, where there were 210 TV anime, while only 32 of them averaged higher than 5,000 copies. That's 15.2% of anime in 2014, which doesn't deviate much from the 15.7% of TV anime from 2000 to 2014, so i'm pretty confident that sales considered to be average is much much lower than what Joker Game ended up selling.

It's interesting to see your analysis i'm very happy to realize how good are these sales, thanks.
Aug 5, 2016 5:11 AM

Nov 2007
NatsukiIkki said:
Ejc said:

It's interesting to see your analysis i'm very happy to realize how good are these sales, thanks.

I don't mean to be confronting or anything, but I just wanted to put things in perspective, because awhile back I saw many posts of "One Punch Man flopped so hard", when in fact its average sales were well above average. It's just many are so ill-informed on these sorts of things or have been misinformed by other people on other websites such as 4chan, ANN, etc, that i'd like to clear things up for the benefit of others.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 5, 2016 5:33 AM
Nov 2015
Ejc said:
NatsukiIkki said:

I don't mean to be confronting or anything, but I just wanted to put things in perspective, because awhile back I saw many posts of "One Punch Man flopped so hard", when in fact its average sales were well above average. It's just many are so ill-informed on these sorts of things or have been misinformed by other people on other websites such as 4chan, ANN, etc, that i'd like to clear things up for the benefit of others.

don't worry about it, i think that people compared sucess like SAO and SNK with OPM because it has so much hype in America.
Aug 7, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2014
First time the Girls und Panzer Movie BD LE has missed the cut-off since it stormed onto the list on May 23-29. It still took in 676 units for 194,860 total (220,990 including DVD).

See http://www.someanithing.com/5223
8oomerAug 7, 2016 5:19 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.