Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode again. Artstyle and background art are playing huge role in building atmosphere here. At least for a manga reader who knows the story and is discovering the whole thing again. Sometimes I'm just stopping the video and stare at the backgrounds. This is exactly what I expect from modern artstyle. Not shitty 3DCG.

Btw, I've seen many stupid and questionable translations from CR, but translating yada as you jerk is beyond stupidity.
rsc-plJul 31, 2016 2:58 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 31, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2014
As far as cinematography goes, I think they are doing a really good job. Some scenes look genuinely beautiful and the composition and the camera can be really interesting.

The little moment when they are walking from their time travel lesson, Naho is thinking about the possibility of a different past and then Suwa walks into the frame was absolutely perfect.
Jul 31, 2016 2:56 PM

Oct 2011
suwa best bro.

kakeru and the naho getting closer
Jul 31, 2016 2:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
SUWA BEST BRO OF THE SEASON
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 31, 2016 3:09 PM
Oct 2011
I hope naho end up with suwa
He is much better than the silly kakeru -.-
Jul 31, 2016 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
Nitralon said:
Well, as they explain in class this episode, Time travel work with different, parallel worlds. The Naho that is married with Suwa who send the letter, her present/future/past its NOT going to change, all is going to be the same, but the Naho that we are seeing reading the letters is changing her future. So if this Naho end up with Kakeru(I hope), The future/present of Naho who send the letter will NOT change.

And yes, maybe she prefer Kakeru but choose Suwa because Kakeru was dead? Who knows....(Manga readers know actually....i guess)

Thanks so much! I got a little lost with their discussion in class, mostly because I was thinking about how teachers would never talk about this stuff, but you clarified it for me!
Jul 31, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
And the award of Bro of 2016 goes to:
Hiroto Suwa.
Damnit, he is just so precious;3

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 31, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2016
Suwa truly is the greatest of all. Then Azu, then Hagita and so on
Jul 31, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
Forget about Kakeru, Suwa ftw
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2015
Ganging up on a person. Talk about pathetic, lmao.

Great episode. Hagita is one funny guy, Suwa is a big bro, and that theory about time travel was really interesting.

Jul 31, 2016 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to know more info on parallel worlds & black holes.
Hagita can be so funny sometimes.

Argh freaking Ueda Senpai is so annoying & a bitch. Suwa to the rescue though. What a BRO!

Sad that Suwa is giving up his chance to try & be with Naho & giving Naho & Kakeru a chance to be together.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 31, 2016 4:09 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 31, 2016 4:12 PM

Sep 2015
That was a great episode! Felt very calming throughout and I am very glad to see Naho growing as a character.
Jul 31, 2016 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
Suwa is such a bro. I'm falling for him lol
Jul 31, 2016 4:41 PM
May 2016
blondiekk8 said:
Nitralon said:
Well, as they explain in class this episode, Time travel work with different, parallel worlds. The Naho that is married with Suwa who send the letter, her present/future/past its NOT going to change, all is going to be the same, but the Naho that we are seeing reading the letters is changing her future. So if this Naho end up with Kakeru(I hope), The future/present of Naho who send the letter will NOT change.

And yes, maybe she prefer Kakeru but choose Suwa because Kakeru was dead? Who knows....(Manga readers know actually....i guess)

Thanks so much! I got a little lost with their discussion in class, mostly because I was thinking about how teachers would never talk about this stuff, but you clarified it for me!

I was thinking the exact same thing hahahahaha. You're welcome :)
Jul 31, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2010
joining the club of people falling for Suwa

When he cried</3

Im hoping they don’t take the HEA away from him and Naho
Jul 31, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2015
Suwa is the top character of this anime, his personality and loyalty to his friends is admirable. I enjoyed this episode and I liked the fact that they explained a bit how the thing about cards works.

Ueda-senpai is bitching as always, I don't know why most people admire her when -she's not that pretty tho- she's so ugly inside.

I liked the fact that Naho could tell directly to Kakeru to go alone to the festival, that was a good point for her, seems she's growing ~
Jul 31, 2016 6:21 PM
Nov 2015
Suwa deserves Naho, tbh. I liked this episode a lot but there were a couple things that bothered me, specifically the animation looked terrible at points. I liked the time travel portion though. Also loving the opening.

4/5
Jul 31, 2016 6:47 PM

Apr 2014
Went from a 9/10 to a 7/10. I no longer feel invested knowing that they can asspull whenever to save Kakeru.
Jul 31, 2016 7:00 PM
Feb 2015
So the parallel worlds speech by the sensei means (in accordance with physics) that nothing matters. There are infinitely many universes in which the near exact same thing happens, and there are just as many infinitely many (uncountable vs countable infinities) in which something mostly different happens. So, nihilism?
Jul 31, 2016 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
I'm in a state of confusion...AM I TEAM SUWA OR AM I TEAM KAKERU! JESUS THEY'RE BOTH GREAT GUYS!!!!

Suwa intervening when Naho was being bullied...fucking bitch Senpai is.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 31, 2016 7:16 PM
Jan 2011
AvidAnimeViewer said:
How romance works in Japan:
Hot Guy: "So does bitch wanna make me a sandwich?"
Shy Girl: Thinks, 'I'm in love with this man.'

This is so true.

I do not really see why Kakeru is made for Naho because in my eyes he hasn't done much other than just be fed by Naho and had like a couple of hang outs.

I also think Suwa should be with someone else, he is obviously too good for Naho.
Jul 31, 2016 7:17 PM
Jun 2015
Naho having her hand bruised just from smacking away someone's hand is bothering me way more than what it should have Lol.

Superfluous nitpicks aside, the small discussion of the concept of time travel was the most attention grabbing part of the episode for me. Now Naho and the viewer know that regardless of what younger Naho does it will not change future Naho's world. According to this same theory, the act of future Naho sending her past self a letter didn't change her past but rather created a parallel world. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn how she even sent that letter in the first place in upcoming episodes, but at the same time the whole point of that small segment could just be for Naho and the viewer to know future Naho will forever have those regrets.

Now.. Ueda... clearly not a character we are suppose to like. I hope her involvement with the story isn't dragged on for too long. The character isn't all that relevant besides maybe adding the element of the jealous ex to the story. Correct me if I'm wrong for Ueda's purpose in this anime.

I already had the feeling that Suwa was probably Naho's second choice for quite some time now, but I do wonder if there is going to be some kind of plot twist and his character changes as a result of the letter changing the line of events for that world. He's the homie for helping out Naho and Kakeru, but will he keep it up? Hm... While I'm on this, if his character does change, would there be some tension among the group? You saw how serious the 2 female side characters whose names I can't remember for the life of me were STRONGLY for Naho developing a relationship with Kakeru.

Oh, and to my surprise Naho didn't annoy me this episode. She actually didn't hesitate to do what the letter had said.
Jul 31, 2016 7:21 PM

Mar 2015
They are keeping this interesting. Well done!
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 31, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2016
Ahhhh, love the episode! I already knew what was happening considering I've finished the manga already, I even loved it more in the adaptation.

Ueda is a pain in the ass. And Suwa's tears of joy, the feels! Oh and laughed at the part where Azu said "It's fan service!" LOL

Jul 31, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
Parallel time lines...or world lines? We Orange;Gate now

Suwa for best bro 2016
Jul 31, 2016 8:41 PM

Apr 2013
I feel like Ueda is going to do something to Kakeru to purposely make Naho uncomfortable/upset and then use the "You said you were just friends."

Jul 31, 2016 8:49 PM

Jun 2016
I really liked this episode! Finally Naho seems less hesitant to do the things she should do, she also recognises Suwa"s actions!

But there is one thing that I dont get in many of the previous comments, being that Naho is a dick to Suwa for writing those letters.... Well, if in the future Kakeru would have married an other girl and she would be pissed of and wrote those letters to make him choose her instead... than she would be a dick, but the guy is DEAD! I am pretty sure that the oh sweet and perfect Suwa would support Naho in her actions if there was a chance to prevent Kakeru"s death...

Also, the future Naho who sends letters HAS to know how the "time machine whatever" works, so she knows that her present situation wont change. She isn,t killing her child! And I am sure she is pretty happy with her current situation. But she has that " what if I had" voice in her head that keeps bugging her.... so she wrote those letters do give a chance to her past self to have a future where hopefully she can be happy without all these bitter thoughts...

Well that is my opinion so far, and I havent read the manga so maybe there are things I dont understand
Jul 31, 2016 9:02 PM

Nov 2007
Tearing up even though it wasn't even that sad exactly.....

I like how Naho's personality is changing...she was total doormat and i'm really glad it's getting better.
Jul 31, 2016 9:31 PM

Nov 2014
Until this point, I can conclude that the letter is not to change the future, but to erase those regrets of Naho.

It must be painful for Suwa to neglect his feelings. It makes me to root for him.
Jul 31, 2016 9:35 PM

Mar 2016
simonli2575 said:
Kinda reminds me that the writer wrote Steins;Gate as well.
Speaking of Steins;Gate, the teacher kinda looks like Hououin Kyouma xD
No seriously.
Jul 31, 2016 9:37 PM
Mar 2016
Amazing episode so far. Love the direction that the anime is taking, and it's somehow an episode that was full of feels and lots of hearts for our two leads. I admire Suwa for being such a great guy and in supporting Naho and Kakeru. I mean the ending line was beautiful. I love how the future Naho just says that "Suwa saved [her] heart" as if that wasn't sad enough.. Overall solid episode although I think it was meant to be about how great of a guy Suwa was.. I mean I would still totally ship Suwa and Naho even if there wasn't Kakeru and Naho already. Man, can't wait until next week's episode. Ugh.. I hated Ueda senpai so much.. Like back off!! Naho was great standing her ground this episode. As for the supporting characters they were spot on.. And also we learn about the possibilities of there being parallel worlds. So maybe there is hope for this past's Kakeru. Sad that Kakeru would change his past only not knowing that there is more to the future.
Jul 31, 2016 9:38 PM

Mar 2016
Sun-Hae said:
joining the club of people falling for Suwa
Really? Get in line!! xD
No seriously.
Jul 31, 2016 9:47 PM

May 2010
I am really glad future Naho wrote about Suwa for once, makes me appreciate her. He's a great guy who helps his crush get with the guy she loves (the girl who might be his possible future wife even in this future) How many people can do that? Not many I think.
Honestly I don't want Naho to end up with Kakeru. He's nice, the chemistry is nice and I want him to be saved, but srsly. Suwa is much more likable. Not that Kakeru isn't, but Suwa is the guy for Naho.
Jul 31, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2011
nihon_no_tsuki said:
I really liked this episode! Finally Naho seems less hesitant to do the things she should do, she also recognises Suwa"s actions!

But there is one thing that I dont get in many of the previous comments, being that Naho is a dick to Suwa for writing those letters.... Well, if in the future Kakeru would have married an other girl and she would be pissed of and wrote those letters to make him choose her instead... than she would be a dick, but the guy is DEAD! I am pretty sure that the oh sweet and perfect Suwa would support Naho in her actions if there was a chance to prevent Kakeru"s death...

Also, the future Naho who sends letters HAS to know how the "time machine whatever" works, so she knows that her present situation wont change. She isn,t killing her child! And I am sure she is pretty happy with her current situation. But she has that " what if I had" voice in her head that keeps bugging her.... so she wrote those letters do give a chance to her past self to have a future where hopefully she can be happy without all these bitter thoughts...

Well that is my opinion so far, and I haven't read the manga so maybe there are things I dont understand

I agree with you. I think people are being overly critical about Naho. She isn't erasing her child or marriage. She just created an alternate timeline for herself. She hasn't harmed anyone and plus she is saving someone from killing themselves, even if it is just in a different reality.
Jul 31, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2010
nihon_no_tsuki said:

Well that is my opinion so far, and I havent read the manga so maybe there are things I dont understand

I haven't read the manga either and at this point do we even know the letter was sent on purpose? Like did future naho knew that the letter is being sent back? In the first episode it shows that the letter was exactly the same as her diary. couldn't it be that her diary was just sent back? with an extra over letter. I feel future naho isn't unhappy with her life but it is natural to have the regret of not being able to save a friend.
Jul 31, 2016 11:21 PM
Aug 2011
"Suwa is the person that saved my heart."

Same here, girl. T.T
Jul 31, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2013
This show is drawing me in more and more! I love the complex relationships forming between Naho and Kakeru as well as between Naho and Suwa. It seems her future self isn't looking to switch to a relationship with Kakeru but, rather, to just save his life. That makes sense to me. In the future, she has a child with Suwa and the biggest problem I've had with the show up to this point is that the baby's existence would be wiped out if she negated her marriage with Suwa in favor of pursuing a relationship with Kakeru. I can't believe Naho is the sort of person who would let that happen! So, it looks like love will blossom between Naho and Kakeru just long enough to save his life...and then it'll be Suwa from there on....but I guess I'll have to wait and see!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 31, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
Suwa is MVP of the series
Jul 31, 2016 11:55 PM
Jun 2016
Suwa is so great, being so kind to Naho always and supporting her and Kakeru despite his own feelings.
I hope the future can be changed, for Kakeru's sake, but I wonder, if Naho is given the choice between Suwa and Kakeru in the future, who will she choose?

Also, the opening theme song is so beautiful. It makes my heart happy, it feels so nostalgic. I loved episode 5.
Jul 31, 2016 11:58 PM
Jun 2016
TragicRomance said:
I am really glad future Naho wrote about Suwa for once, makes me appreciate her. He's a great guy who helps his crush get with the guy she loves (the girl who might be his possible future wife even in this future) How many people can do that? Not many I think.
Honestly I don't want Naho to end up with Kakeru. He's nice, the chemistry is nice and I want him to be saved, but srsly. Suwa is much more likable. Not that Kakeru isn't, but Suwa is the guy for Naho.

Agreed!! I love Kakeru and I'm rooting for him and Naho but part of me feels that if future Naho is actually able to choose between Kakeru and Suwa in the future she'll choose Suwa - I think future Naho is sad and hung up on Kakeru she was never able to find out what could happen between them, but if he lives then she could choose Suwa and be happy in the knowledge that she tried both options and made the best choice.
Aug 1, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2015
YURIKO! YURIKO YURIKO YURIKOOO lol

I felt relieved that they're doing two chapters per episode now!

Azu and Hagita's a real sight fore sore eyes <3
Taka's really lovely as ever!
Now let's all agree that Suwa's the best man here

Aug 1, 2016 12:29 AM

Dec 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
So I'm gonna go ahead and assume the teacher's lecture about parallel worlds is supposed to serve as the explanation for how Naho is receiving these letters from the future. I guess that makes sense.

Judging by how the teacher explained the parallel world concept, it sounds like Future Naho's situation won't change. This makes me feel bad for Suwa even more. He already sacrifices so much for Naho, but like someone above said, he still seems to be Naho's second choice. Why else would she go to such great lengths to help cuurent Naho redo the past so that she ends up with Kakeru? It seems like she's not really happy being with Suwa, so she wants to make sure current Naho ends up with Kakeru so she can be truly happy, rather than being in the situation she's in.

Oh yeah, and Ueda is still being a bitch. I thought she'd be tossed to the side after her and Kakeru's break up, but apparently she's still somewhat relevant. Good thing Suwa came to back her up, once again showing why he's such a great guy.

Exactly, and the point is even if its a parallel world, she is still forsaking her kid in that world lol. You know the saying, a mothers love knows no bounds of space and time? Yeah, guess this guy is more important to her haha. I mean an actual mother wouldn't be able to imagine a world without their kid and she so willingly wouldn't mind. Naho just seems like a selfish bitch that can't get over the past. I mean be grateful that you have a healthy kid and loving husband which most people can't say about their lives -_-.

Also, wtf was that bullshit with the 2 girls ganging up on Suwa. They went bitch mode on him all of a sudden because he likes Naho. If they were true friends to all of the group, wouldn't they support each person individually lol. Talk about every dickriding Kakeru because they probably have letters and poor Kakeru is gonna kill himself, so they push a toxic relationship onto Naho where she is burdened by the responsibility to keep him alive and buffer his depression and he would be dependent on her for that. Real great guys <slow claps>...
CejaraAug 1, 2016 12:34 AM
Aug 1, 2016 2:10 AM

Oct 2015
Suwa, hero!
Jeez what the hell is wrong with Uedasenpai?
is she actually a real teacher? if yes, is she even allowed to date a student? (at my school even physical connection is restricted)
Aug 1, 2016 3:19 AM

Jan 2016
uhm, weird chemistry class hahaha
Suwa is a god
Kakeru is in love with suwa confirmed (dont question)
orange :')

Aug 1, 2016 4:22 AM
Feb 2015
I actually teared up with Suwa, poor thing.
Aug 1, 2016 4:38 AM

May 2015
Suwa is my man. Seriously I think he suits better thank Kakeru.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2016 4:39 AM
Feb 2015
Talon184 said:
This show is drawing me in more and more! I love the complex relationships forming between Naho and Kakeru as well as between Naho and Suwa. It seems her future self isn't looking to switch to a relationship with Kakeru but, rather, to just save his life. That makes sense to me. In the future, she has a child with Suwa and the biggest problem I've had with the show up to this point is that the baby's existence would be wiped out if she negated her marriage with Suwa in favor of pursuing a relationship with Kakeru. I can't believe Naho is the sort of person who would let that happen! So, it looks like love will blossom between Naho and Kakeru just long enough to save his life...and then it'll be Suwa from there on....but I guess I'll have to wait and see!!!

That baby already exists in the other world, so why do we need it again?
Aug 1, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
Suwa c*ckblocking himself. XD dammit, this guy needs a monument or something.
Aug 1, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2015
Ueda is an evil vile little slut. I'm overjoyed Kakeru dumped her whore ass.

Nobody is discussing about new possibilities though! Kakeru himself said he could fall for Suwa = Suwa x Kakeru? I hope there're parallel timelines in which this happens (R18 doujins.... ahem).
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Just as humans have a prior right to existence over dogs by virtue of being more highly evolved and having a superior consciousness, so women have a prior right to existence over men. The elimination of any male is, therefore, a righteous and good act, an act highly beneficial to women as well as an act of mercy.
Aug 1, 2016 7:15 AM
Jun 2016
Loved this episode!
Suwa is the man of the hour of this episode especially when he saves Naho from that Ueda Bitch.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.