Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 29, 2016 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, those juggling skills...

I like the more balanced mood this episode. Nero can be quite a gentleman but I like how he can show an aggressive side too. That arm wrestling contest...damn. I love how he nailed that guy in the balls for picking a fight. Decent episode, the world of 91 Days has a setting that develops violence and other activities that really brings out the tougher side of characters. Background storytelling has a nice thrilling feel too.

Stark700Jul 29, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 29, 2016 12:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Avilio x Nero, best bros. Their chemistry is fucking sick. The comedic moments were so hilarious LOL

Best episode.
Jul 29, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
The comedic moments were somewhat jarring, considering how serious things have been so far, but I suppose the series can do with a slight breather like that. Still, the assassin was dangerous, but not as much of a threat as I had hoped he would be, though I suppose it is slightly too early for anything enormously drastic.
Jul 29, 2016 12:13 PM

Jan 2015
Does Angelo really ate pancake like that? But still, his "skill" while entertaining the kids is more fun to watch than Nero. I want to give him my candy too. LOL
You'll pay for it. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 29, 2016 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
That assassin guy was sure tough!
Jul 29, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
They just pulled off a hit and run XD

Jul 29, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2016
Very calm and comedic episode, I liked it.
Jul 29, 2016 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
Fucking Nero going for the cheap shot. What a savage. But no matter how big and scary you are, a clean hit to the nuts will always take a man down.

This was a pretty decent cool down episode after all the craziness that transpired in the first three. These two still ran into a bit of danger though with that "Gorilla" guy. I was kind of hoping he would stay alive so that maybe we could see him a bit more in future episodes.

I also liked how they included that scene with the kids, as it gave us an opportunity to see a softer side of Nero.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 29, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2016
they really setting this up well.
Nero and Angelo connecting
unknown 4th person introduced
Nero and Angelo connecting
that dude was durable, power level of 10 in dragon Ball Z probably :3
also, no one bringing up the savagery of tearing the officer in half?!
well now we are off!!
(WHAT IS ANGELO THINKING?!)

Jul 29, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
The way that dog cried on his master.. ohhh my heart :( Why do they have to hit my weakest spot... But lots of + to them because they didn't kill the doggie, like a lot of shows would do :/
Jul 29, 2016 1:18 PM

Oct 2015
The slapstick humour hit right up my alley and was quite nice from all the angst, this episode is one of the best so far and also had pretty consistent animation this time as well. I'm enjoying this show a lot more than I expected. (I'm still obsessed with that OP as well)

I'm very much scared of, sympathetic and undoubtledly attracted to Angelo
Jul 29, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
I liked the comedic nature this episode had especially with Angelo's driving skills lol. Great episode again, and I couldn't take that assassin seriously thanks to his outfit. P
Jul 29, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
That was a good episode! The Big Mexican guy was no joke though.
Jul 29, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2014
That was a good and funny episode, Served as a nice change of pace.

I was startled by the bug that flew in Avlio's cap after the performance xD
That nut kick, Brutal from Nero :3
Looks like Nero was the one that tried shoot Avlio when he was escaping in the past.

The hitman was quite the tough guy, Surviving both the nut shot and the direct hit from the car. The car in fact was busted after hitting him xD

The action sequence at the end was pretty cool.
Jul 29, 2016 2:06 PM
Jul 2015
Is it changing theme now? Will it be a travel anime or something?

C'mon, this is not what I have expected. Of course, there are good travel stuff out there. However, this began so classy, now turning into a travel-comedy. :/
Jul 29, 2016 2:10 PM
Jun 2008
I've got to admit, this felt like filler.
Jul 29, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2016
I really enjoyed this Episode after all what's happend, it was really funny

Jul 29, 2016 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
Loved the episode even though is a lot different then the previous episodes it still has great dialogue and pretty good animation, and also i love great chemistry building for our main characters that scene with the kids was great funny and sad at the same time.
Jul 29, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2015
So we got a Mexican goliath hugging a man to death and the best juggling scene you'll see in 2016 (because it will be the only juggling scene in 2016)

Excellent episode.
Jul 29, 2016 3:04 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was gold. I enjoyed pretty much every second. I love this anime so much, damn it.
Jul 29, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2016
This was more focused in show Avilio and Nero chemistry but it feels kind of lackluster in comparison with the previous ones.
Jul 29, 2016 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
So Angelo is learning how to drive and is driving slowly so that he doesn't hit anything. He's so cold and Nero is trying to lighten up the mood all the time. At that auto camp Angelo was looking at those kids playing around. He could have done most of those things a lot more than he did if it weren't for a certain someone and his friends barging in and killing his family. Nero also reminisces about his childhood with Vanno and his own siblings, Fio (the girl who married into the Galasias) and Frate, who is yet to be introduced. Nero got his complete childhood but Angelo couldn't thanks him.

And Nero confesses in front of Angelo to having killed Lagusa. Nero's first job was at Lagusa's house when he was 14 and he was the guy who shot at the running away Angelo. But he also reveals that there were a total of four people involved which is not the number of people he's been told in the letter from the anonymous friend of Testa Lagusa. And I don't remember seeing four people in the first episode in Lagusa's house. The fourth could be in the getaway car or could be the person who set things up. Whatever the case, that person is still unknown to Angelo. We have daddy Vanetti, Nero and Vanno. One has been eliminated with three to go, but Angelo doesn't know who the third guy is. And this third guy could possibly be the one who sent the letter and wants Vanetti killed so he could take over the gang just like how Vanetti took over and is using Angelo's revenge to accomplish this mission. Now Angelo can't kill Nero even if the situation is perfect because he needs to know who the final person is and since he's away from anyone who could tell him this, he has no other option but to get Nero to tell him.

The two are running away from the Orcos who have sent a giant after them. Lol he defeats Nero at arm wrestling and then continues to bang his hand into the barrel and then starts punching him in the face before getting a kick to the balls. Lol Angelo bangs his car into the guy which breaks the car. The Orcos will continue to send more of their goons after them and the two will be surviving together which will bring them closer and then probably make Angelo start to reconsider killing Nero.
Jul 29, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
That huge dude was kind of an absurd villain in what had so far been a pretty down to earth mafia anime (Fango's nuts but still within the limits I'd say), but the road trip feeling made the whole thing quite enjoyable so no big deal.

I guess the fact that Angelo's found a 4th person was involved in the murder of his family will force him to become buddies with Nero so that he will then be able to find out the identity of this unknown. Then there's also the upcoming conflict between the Vanetti and Orco's families which will probably give a good reason for the pair to come back. Good stuff.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 29, 2016 4:18 PM

Sep 2015
That was a good one, enjoyed
the best episode imo
Jul 29, 2016 4:22 PM

May 2014
This episode completely killed the mafioso mood the show had been trying to build, it aimed for something more similar to Baccano! without being nearly as awesome, very out of place in my opinion. The conversation were Nero talked about his first job was the only good part I think, 4/5 for that one.

As a whole 1/5, I lost most of my faith in this show, hopefully it will go back to its usual style again.
BrainPowerdKinoJul 29, 2016 4:25 PM
Jul 29, 2016 4:27 PM
Jan 2016
erayerdin said:
Is it changing theme now? Will it be a travel anime or something?

C'mon, this is not what I have expected. Of course, there are good travel stuff out there. However, this began so classy, now turning into a travel-comedy. :/

It was just a single episode, I think that it's pretty early to do an assumption like that
Jul 29, 2016 4:29 PM
Jul 2016
Great episode! Developing Nero, having him and Angelo interact in ways that doesn't have to do with the plot, but just like regular people without feeling forced or rushed. Surprisingly light hearted compared to the past few episodes.
Jul 29, 2016 4:30 PM
Jul 2016
Smudy said:
Avilio x Nero, best bros. Their chemistry is fucking sick. The comedic moments were so hilarious LOL

Best episode.

It was hilarious the way Nero was pick potting him, with such a serious face at that.
Jul 29, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
So we got a Mexican goliath hugging a man to death and the best juggling scene you'll see in 2016 (because it will be the only juggling scene in 2016)

Excellent episode.

Come to think of it, how often do we get juggling scenes in anime?
Jul 29, 2016 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
>When you go into a show with no expectation whatsoever and you're literally mindblown by the episode
This is so good, I'm gonna go into serious withdrawal mode when it ends.

Jul 29, 2016 5:08 PM

Sep 2012
velego said:
This episode completely killed the mafioso mood the show had been trying to build, it aimed for something more similar to Baccano! without being nearly as awesome, very out of place in my opinion. The conversation were Nero talked about his first job was the only good part I think, 4/5 for that one.

As a whole 1/5, I lost most of my faith in this show, hopefully it will go back to its usual style again.
well every serious story has to have light harted moments that's what makes the characters more like real people that you can connect with, so when the serious dark moments do happen like a death of one of the characters they hit harder and are more effective because of the established connection we have with the character through this type of light harted character driven episodes
Jul 29, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
I really liked the change of pace this episode. It's nice when there's comedic moments when you don't expect them. I liked Nero's arm wrestle with the Mexican guy as well as Nero's juggling and Angelo's pick pocketing. I'm still pretty confused as far as the plot goes though... Guess I'm just not used to shows where I need to think.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 29, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Criska said:
>When you go into a show with no expectation whatsoever and you're literally mindblown by the episode
This is so good, I'm gonna go into serious withdrawal mode when it ends.

watch Boardwalk Empire when it ends, this reminds me of it a little
Jul 29, 2016 5:26 PM

May 2015
I liked this breather episode. That big, ugly, guy got rekt hard through different ways, lmao.

Jul 29, 2016 5:40 PM

May 2014
maverick0999 said:
velego said:

well every serious story has to have light harted moments that's what makes the characters more like real people that you can connect with, so when the serious dark moments do happen like a death of one of the characters they hit harder and are more effective because of the established connection we have with the character through this type of light harted character driven episodes

Yeah, I agree with that and I actually think that it was necessary after all the stuff that happened, it's just that the kind of comedy/rule of cool style they used was very different from the tone of the rest of the series (which was trying to be kinda realistic for the most part IMO). For example, a show that did it perfectly was Berserk (the 1997 anime) with the more relaxed scenes adding a lot of depth and detail to the characters. The talk about their pasts in this episode was very good in that regard.
Jul 29, 2016 5:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
idk why but it kinda felt like an episode of cowboy bebop or something

anyway, they needed that breather episode and i liked it !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 29, 2016 5:56 PM
Jul 2016
maverick0999 said:
velego said:

Yeah. Plus, having ever scene give no time for the audience to relax tires them, and takes away a bit of the impact from some of the darker scenes.
Jul 29, 2016 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
lol worlds most unfortunate hitchhiker.
Jul 29, 2016 6:24 PM

Feb 2016
so, i wasnt the only one who found weird comedy on a dark and dramatic show, i mean the episode was good, and funny, but it wasnt the colors the showed us from the first 3 episodes, when everything looked quite dark and deep
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 29, 2016 6:28 PM

Apr 2015
What is this mexican guy, a bullet sponge!?
Jul 29, 2016 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
Big Mexico reminded me of T-Hawk from Street Fighter
Jul 29, 2016 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
Nice to see main character is not an untouchable god. Also we get to know there was one person more and that the letter was sent anonimously. It's interesting seeing the parallel between Angelo and Nero. Good episode.

But the episodes' titles are bothering me... "4th day"... 91 episodes, pls, Based Japan :'(
Jul 29, 2016 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
Road trip!!

Nero has got some good juggling skills there. Hmm so there were 4 people that night.
Woah that Hitman crushing a man to death.
Haha Nero kicking the guy in the balls & Avilio hitting him with the car.

That farmer to the rescue. Well the Dog is alright so thats good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 29, 2016 9:03 PM

May 2014
This show is growing on me extremely quickly

I've always loved mafia and gangster type movies, definitely from the prohibition era. I was really excited to hear this synopsis and while loving the first 3 episodes I still held grimace of it possibly taking a turn for the worst, but the path this anime is taking is so enjoyable. This episode strongly reminded me of the wit used in mafia movies, like people just go about things knowing what they're doing. I've had a hard time adjusting to Japanese culture within shows(thus a reason why I avoid slice of life and focus more on stuff like fantasy where those themes may not be as relevant), so it's no wonder why this show has captured my attention in such a way Baccano! did.
Jul 29, 2016 9:10 PM
Jul 2016
Jack_Corvus96 said:
so, i wasnt the only one who found weird comedy on a dark and dramatic show, i mean the episode was good, and funny, but it wasnt the colors the showed us from the first 3 episodes, when everything looked quite dark and deep

What is your definition of, "deep"?
Jul 29, 2016 10:06 PM

Feb 2016
I really liked the episode.because it kept the balancenter between comedy and action . Nero is so funny even while he's fighting 😂😂😂😂

Jul 29, 2016 11:23 PM

Jul 2015
This was the most enjoyable episode so far, because up until now I was taking it all seriously, I was expecting a somewhat grounded revenge story. However after seeing that huge mexican guy I realized that it's going to be a crazy, fun show.
Jul 30, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2013
I doubt any anime this week could match up with this episode. It was enjoyable and at the same time funny.

The only downside for me though,it's unclear who actually "that" Big Mexico is and what his motives for hunting Avillio and Nero.
Also, I have little bit of fear this will gone to be episodic kind of "place of the week" series although as long as it was enjoyable, I'm really fine with that.
DannyTheDonkeyJul 30, 2016 1:30 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 30, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2013
roadtrip episode!! and the bromance is strong with this one. that mexican dude is really op
Jul 30, 2016 3:00 AM
Apr 2016
I am super sorry, Day 3 - "It has been a week" - Day 4.
Quality is a myth now, people.
Re:formed
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.