Forum Settings
Forums

'Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu' Anime Project Planned for 2017

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 22, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
Hopefully the pacing is better in this one. The older one was TERRIBLY slow but the politics are right. It's kind of hard to accept that the space isn't navigable though.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 2, 2016 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
I hope it's not like the new berserk
No CG animation or something like that please :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 3, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2015
The OVAs are perfect, IMO.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Jun 27, 2016 6:37 AM
Sep 2011
Canceled project?
Jul 2, 2016 11:31 AM

Sep 2010
seposi said:
Canceled project?

No its coming out next year.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 28, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
kamisama751 said:
Ray_Light said:
I hope it's not like the new berserk
No CG animation or something like that please :(

If they will use crappy 3DCG for the characters then I will give the address of the studio to ISIS.

It's Production I.G. so chances are good for no CGI characters.
Jul 28, 2016 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
Miragee said:
kamisama751 said:

If they will use crappy 3DCG for the characters then I will give the address of the studio to ISIS.

I know for a fact that the series can benefit from CGI mechs and designs though. Would probably make the tedious battles more interesting.
Jul 29, 2016 1:21 AM

Sep 2014
GodlyKyon said:
Miragee said:

I know for a fact that the series can benefit from CGI mechs and designs though. Would probably make the tedious battles more interesting.

I don't know about you but I personally enjoyed the 2D explosions. The problem was rather that they often reused the same sequence of animation over and over again. I would love them to change that but it would probably kill their budget. Now, I wouldn't be angry if they used CGI for the space ship battles. Everyone does it and while it looks kind of weird, because there is just one studio that seems to be able to do it correctly (Orange), it's not nearly as bad as having CGI characters. I still hope for cool 2D animation of the spaceship battles. Anyone who has seen things like Area88 knows how awesome battles in air can look like with 2D animation done right.
Jul 29, 2016 7:20 AM

Sep 2011
Miragee said:
GodlyKyon said:

I don't know about you but I personally enjoyed the 2D explosions. The problem was rather that they often reused the same sequence of animation over and over again. I would love them to change that but it would probably kill their budget. Now, I wouldn't be angry if they used CGI for the space ship battles. Everyone does it and while it looks kind of weird, because there is just one studio that seems to be able to do it correctly (Orange), it's not nearly as bad as having CGI characters. I still hope for cool 2D animation of the spaceship battles. Anyone who has seen things like Area88 knows how awesome battles in air can look like with 2D animation done right.

If their CGI is on the level with recent gundams, I don't think it'll be a problem.

They'll probably update the designs too.

I thought the battles were by far the weakest part of the original OVAs. The strategies weren't amazing and made no sense in 3D space (troop formations that rely on there being a solid ground, being used in space, and then being displayed on a flat map? WTF?). And then the battles. Just 2D shows and dots on the screen exploding occasionally, with the ships stationary, or just moving back and forth with blue lines flying across the screen.

IF this thing had Gundam Thunderbolt or even The Origin level battles, that'd be something different.
Oct 1, 2016 12:55 AM

Jun 2016
Well it is time to watch 111 ep.
Oct 11, 2016 11:55 AM
May 2015
Just think how awesome it would be if they made the anime just like Mobile Suit Gundam Origins.
Mobile Suit Gundam Origins is a really good anime with well-made animations. It would be awesome...!
Oct 23, 2016 3:08 AM
May 2016
if there is cg i hope they dont go and mess it up like they did with that other yoshiki tanaka adaptation, that show was handled terribly. i hope they keep most of the same elements but make enough changes that make it worth watching over the older one.
Oct 23, 2016 3:57 AM

Mar 2008
mimshipio said:
if there is cg i hope they dont go and mess it up like they did with that other yoshiki tanaka adaptation, that show was handled terribly. i hope they keep most of the same elements but make enough changes that make it worth watching over the older one.
Tytania? Honestly, the CGI was the least of that show's problems.
Dec 16, 2016 8:48 AM
Sep 2014
well, i've been thinking on the coming adaptation a bit. I have 2 of the three first published novels in english, and i must admit that the point of view from the ovas will hardly be ever equalled. From what i've read so far, some characters in the novels are anecdotic, while in the first adaptation everyone seemed to be more important and was more mentioned that only a couple of times in a single chapter of one book. (I was thinking on Jessica Edwards, for example)

Let's see what happens....
Aug 21, 2017 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
I want this to be a remake. I've heard many positive reviews but I'm not used to old animation style
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.