Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 23, 2016 6:34 AM
May 2016
Avilio succeeded to hide himself as the one who killed Vanno. Wandering now if Nero will still suspect Avilio, though I think it could be cause he see something in Avilio's eyes, look like an eye who seeks revenge. Well, somehow Corteo notice Avilio's smile while smoking, and sees as suspicious. Looking forward for the next episode cause I'm pretty hook up.

Lol, Fango is happy cause Serpente's death is gone to be a triggered to start a war againts the Vanetti, it seems like he just want a war.
Jul 23, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
Omni_slash95 said:
BlueBalls said:
Already a chore to keep track of all these names, mafia politics is a bore and the art is ugly at times.

Japs should leave the gangster cinema to Hollywood, this is mediocre compared to films like Miller's crossing.

Nah you can drop it but I love this Japanese's take on the mob. The mafia politics are interesting & if you pay attention there is no problem with the names.

Although the art really wasn't good at times in this episode.

Do you honestly think this is on the level of films like The goodfellas and The Godfather franchise?

Come on, what's so great about this show?

The only things that impressed me so far were the OP/ED and the opening titles in Ep1. The rest isn't bad but it's certainly not particularly good either.
Jul 23, 2016 8:01 AM
Jan 2015
I still love this episode but man, the production values are starting to go south.

PS: I am now writing for this anime season and here's my blog Thank you for paying a visit.
Jul 23, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
BlueBalls said:
Omni_slash95 said:

Nah you can drop it but I love this Japanese's take on the mob. The mafia politics are interesting & if you pay attention there is no problem with the names.

Although the art really wasn't good at times in this episode.

Do you honestly think this is on the level of films like The goodfellas and The Godfather franchise?

Come on, what's so great about this show?

The only things that impressed me so far were the OP/ED and the opening titles in Ep1. The rest isn't bad but it's certainly not particularly good either.

Of course not those are some of the best movies ever made, really not a fair comparison.

But compared to most anime in the last few years it feels fresh and is more interesting than most of them. So fucking tired of the typical tropes and this doesn't use them at all.

The story & characters are pretty good so far, we are just 3 eps in and a lot has happened already.
Jul 23, 2016 8:28 AM

Jul 2016
@HalAnime

Some user at the anime subreddit made a really good chart for anyone who is confused:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4u48cc/spoilers_91_days_episode_3_discussion/d5msn3s
Jul 23, 2016 8:35 AM
Feb 2016
Zoldyck_Killua said:
KolmeDG said:

Sorry if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand,
The man who was captured by Fango is Tigre. He works under Nero. (He was the man who was beaten when he stayed in a car in ep1, and also at the table with Nero and others when Vanno served soup in ep2)
Avilio wore Serpente's clothes which he took from his corps to pretend to be Serpente so that they can get Tigre back by that negotiation. (Avilio and Nero must have found his body hidden in that building before Fango arrived.) this is what I thought was happened...

Thanks so much for the clarifying it so well ^.^ i honestly thought people would just come out and say something like i didn't understand anything at all or that i slept during the episode and I'm a moron, but u didnt do that at all! Ahah thanks again!:)

I also found it weird that Fango didnt know that Serpente was dead but yeah whatever xD

I'm glad to know that the info seems to help you!
Jul 23, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
Nielst said:
Really nice episode. Avilio got out of the problems very nice. Fango is not so dumb as he looks like :p

This series a is getting darker. Avilio got out of the problems nicely.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 23, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2016
Smudy said:
Yeah, there are no good guys in this show.

Except maybe Corteo, but he'll die 100 % lol

Avilio causing confusion and got out of the complicated situations.

Yeah but the Vanetti's are clearly meant to be the likable guys and the Orcos are all blatantly just evil so far which makes me a bit sad. I wish there was more of a look on the Orcos and some characterization to make us root for them sometimes.
Jul 23, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
Angelo's grin at the end though. Another great episode.
:3
Jul 23, 2016 11:32 AM

Mar 2008
hentaimoney said:
Smudy said:
Yeah, there are no good guys in this show.

Except maybe Corteo, but he'll die 100 % lol

Avilio causing confusion and got out of the complicated situations.

Yeah but the Vanetti's are clearly meant to be the likable guys and the Orcos are all blatantly just evil so far which makes me a bit sad. I wish there was more of a look on the Orcos and some characterization to make us root for them sometimes.

I agree with this. This would make the anime a lot better overall.

Still enjoying it a lot, the setting is so lovely and I just adore the chara design of the MC
Jul 23, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2015
Again a great episode. Vanno stays dead (and not just some "it was a prank" asspull) and the conflict, which was probably the objective of Avilio, picks up in its scale. If this continues, there will be full-scale war, which could bring Avilio the wished objective. It would be interesting to see whether he wavers in his initial wish to eliminate the ones responsible for the murder of his family. What will the Graccia family do? With whom will they side with? They're an interesting third force in the whole mafia politics and will play a crucial role in the overall story (as far as my hopes go). I also wonder whether his friend will stay loyal or if a conflict of interests arises.

But just as previously mentioned, it would be good to have another driving force for the Orcos than just "power" or "evil for the sake of being evil". Some characterization would be quite helpful.

@Omni_slash95 I agree with you. It's actually quite easy to remember the names and their roles in their overall story.
Bernkishi07Jul 23, 2016 12:31 PM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 23, 2016 12:53 PM
May 2015
So can someone remind me why this show is getting no hype while that shitty 1000th magic school ecchi harem shit Gakuen HxH is getting way more attention?

This episode is fucking intense and they explained why and who's behind the disappearance of the guy's body.

Jul 23, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
I thought Vanno Clemente didn't kill Serpente. He's way too nice to be doing these things.

Angelo is an asshole though. I just don't comprehend the revenge drive mentality because I can't possibly imagine myself in his shoes, but the way he's abusing and endagering his childhood friend to further his objectives somehow triggers me. I hate salacious and manipulative vixens like him.
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Just as humans have a prior right to existence over dogs by virtue of being more highly evolved and having a superior consciousness, so women have a prior right to existence over men. The elimination of any male is, therefore, a righteous and good act, an act highly beneficial to women as well as an act of mercy.
Jul 23, 2016 6:21 PM
Mar 2012
Vanetti discussion 2nd scene, after Bureauman left, they just cut into the talk of Nero. Didn't make sense what led up to that, unless they don't believe Vanno & Serpente taking each other out, and just need to find a random scapegoat to appease Galassia. Nero guilty only became plausible after this hostage exchange, which guys in the meeting didn't know. Anyhow Fango knows & the war's starting.
Red pompadour gave a secret smirk to young blonde, dunno if they're plotting something else.
Angelo keikakudoori face lol.
Jul 23, 2016 7:53 PM
Oct 2014
am i crazy, or were the steering wheels on the wrong side?
Jul 24, 2016 12:28 AM

Jun 2016
well Avilio is being too obvious? Nero is definitely suspecting him..
Jul 24, 2016 2:48 AM
Jun 2008
I keep losing track of who is who and which family they belong to; for a while at the beginning, I got Serpente mixed up with Fango and spent ten minutes wondering why they were after his body??? I feel like this is going to be one of those animes you have to marathon to really keep track of.

I feel like the setup for the road trip is too straight forward, since for lack of a better word Nero is being set up as Avilio's main foil...I guess? He's the one on the poster, he's the guy we're intro'd to in the first episode when he takes off his mask. I really doubt they'd kill him off so soon in the series. I would love it if they did, since it would be an incredible plot twist, but I don't think that's going to be the case. I think Angelo and Nero are going to eventually to be buds and the betrayal is going to hurt.
Jul 24, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 2016
KLRock said:

It is correct for the time period they are in I believe.
Jul 24, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
Could anyone explain, please, why exectly Nero had to get out from the town?
MisataJul 24, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 24, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
The set should be in Europe in the 20th century, why are there some shops with Japanese banners? I know that they want to retain their language and culture even in this kind of anime but... ah, who cares!

Anyways; nice episode, I see that the antagonist is as cunning as the MC, which will make the duel between them more exciting. Now I wonder if Avelio would really kill Nero in the first opportunity possible.
Jul 24, 2016 9:36 AM
Oct 2014
Vindicater said:
KLRock said:

That may be true, but I saw that steering wheels in the U.S. were changed to the left side in 1908. I don't know the year of this show, but I would expect it not to be that. Also, later in the episode the steering placement was moved to the left.
Jul 24, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome episode. !!!!
Jul 24, 2016 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
Well... On the one hand, I really enjoyed it, but on the other hand I really don't fully understand what's going on. All of the people, 'families', grudges...
Jul 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Sep 2014
Only people's lifes taken away and funeral after funeral.. inescapable part of mafia life. After both sides ( talking about Angelo and Nero here ) having lost people close to them I don't even know on whose side I am.
Kinda sad for Corteo , innocent guy will probably get into this net of dark things.
Fango still always gets out , he's fun and on the other side annoying for me ._.
Jul 24, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2016
It's very hard to remember their names, tbh.
Lol.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2016
KLRock said:
Vindicater said:

That may be true, but I saw that steering wheels in the U.S. were changed to the left side in 1908. I don't know the year of this show, but I would expect it not to be that. Also, later in the episode the steering placement was moved to the left.

I'm surprised you noticed that.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 24, 2016 3:14 PM

Jul 2016
Quite liked this episode.

Just sad that the art and animation doesn't live up to the story's standard at times.

Next episode seems interesting.

3/5
Jul 24, 2016 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
Avilio is about to start an all out war and I love it xD

I'm still surprised that Fango isn't dead yet...seems like he's going to stick with us for a while now :/
Jul 24, 2016 5:27 PM

Dec 2012
Wait, so is 91 days set in Italy or in the US? I assumed it's in the US because of the Prohibition Era taking place between 1920-1933. I wasn't aware Prohibition was in Europe too. The Italian names confuse me a lot though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
allo
Jul 24, 2016 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
I'm really enjoying this series so far. I love how dark it is, and I love the setting; it's nice to get away from the typical anime settings sometimes.

I'm not entirely sure where it will go. This may be way off, but I wonder if Avilio will end up helping Nero in the end. What with the red-haired guy (I forget his name) talking about killing him, and his father not really getting angry about it, maybe Nero will end up being betrayed by people in the Vanetti family. Who knows, though. Avilio seems pretty dead set with his goal to get revenge.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what will happen next week!
Jul 24, 2016 10:41 PM

Jul 2011
Best anime of the season
Jul 24, 2016 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
This is the most HBO show of them all. Part of me actually wishes it actually was a hbo live action series instead of anime, because it would most likely solve a lot of problems with under-use of the setting then.

Otherwise still par the course to the previous episodes. It is getting a bit too crowded in terms of characters tho. And MC still lacks some sort of depth beyond his revenge.

4/5
Jul 25, 2016 12:41 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode and I'm excited to see how Nero and Avilio's relationship turns considering they'll be dealing with each other one on one now.

But I need to addresses something I feel. I'm finding myself not really enjoy Fango's character too much for this anime. I mean I do somewhat enjoy that archetype he's playing in certain animes, but he just feels weird and out of place in this mafia anime-? If that makes any sense? Like maybe if he was more calm I might be okay with him, but he feels over the top for the sake of having an over the top person?

Anyways that's all I gotta say for this episode. I hope next episode is mostly about Nero and Avilio.
Jul 25, 2016 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
Holmes15 said:
That look you make when everything is going according to plan.
Must...protect....that SMILE!
Jul 25, 2016 6:26 AM

Mar 2016
I can't remember the names in this anime but Fango is really a smart guy XD. He reminds me of Kenzo Tenma or something.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jul 25, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2014
Thought this episode was a bit meh, didn't get the same feeling I got from the other episodes.
Jul 25, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2016
Fai said:
This is the most HBO show of them all. Part of me actually wishes it actually was a hbo live action series instead of anime, because it would most likely solve a lot of problems with under-use of the setting then.

Otherwise still par the course to the previous episodes. It is getting a bit too crowded in terms of characters tho. And MC still lacks some sort of depth beyond his revenge.

4/5

I think this is more unique as an anime. We already had Boardwalk Empire for HBO, this would be too similiar imho.
Jul 25, 2016 9:08 AM

Feb 2016
Somebody should make a family tree to know which is what and what is who 'cause their names are not going to wrap inside my head. Nevertheless, still my favorite this season.

Avilio's a nice MC; villainous protagonists are my cupcakes.
RyuugamonoJul 25, 2016 9:12 AM
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jul 25, 2016 1:52 PM
Jun 2008
Hajinnie said:
Wait, so is 91 days set in Italy or in the US? I assumed it's in the US because of the Prohibition Era taking place between 1920-1933. I wasn't aware Prohibition was in Europe too. The Italian names confuse me a lot though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the 20s, Italy was under a Facist dictatorship (Mussolini) and there was a lot of immigration to the USA. However, Italian immigrants for the most part lived in poor conditions (like Corteo's house, I guess) and joining the Mafia was one way to change that, since they (and other gangs of the time) sold illegal alcohol for profit, which raked in more cash than any other petty crime of the period.
Jul 25, 2016 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
Misata said:

Nero was the one who gave the go-ahead to take out Fango.

Jul 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
Criska said:
Misata said:

Nero was the one who gave the go-ahead to take out Fango.

Yes, but i was asking about a different thing... I meant that at some point members of Vanetti family said that they had to kill Nero and decided to let him escape. Why did they have to kill him? What did he do wrong?
Jul 26, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2008
Avilio is starting to get the trust of Nero.
This series really shows the Mafia ambience and environment!
4/5.

Jul 26, 2016 10:03 PM
Feb 2016
Elgargini said:
The set should be in Europe in the 20th century, why are there some shops with Japanese banners? I know that they want to retain their language and culture even in this kind of anime but... ah, who cares!

I think they intended to paint China town, though it may not look like it... and I regarded the set as somewhere in the US.
Jul 27, 2016 12:35 AM
May 2014
Please Fango, just die already....

Anyways I would really appreciate when this would have more than 12 Episodes, it seems a little bit rushed, but I really like how the act with this whole Mafia Revenge Scenario.
Jul 27, 2016 5:13 AM

Oct 2012
too confusing bye
Close the world, ƚxƎn ɘʜƚ nɘqO.

Jul 27, 2016 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
who is this guy and why is he blaming cerotto for taking the body? (it's the scene before the cemetery
Close the world, ƚxƎn ɘʜƚ nɘqO.

Jul 27, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2014
KolmeDG said:
Elgargini said:

I think they intended to paint China town, though it may not look like it... and I regarded the set as somewhere in the US.

Well that would make some sense, come to think of it; the mafia were probably more common in the US than Europe.
Jul 27, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
Never liked mafia politics. It was interesting at one point of JP's take on mafia but it wore out very fast. You just know they'll gonna die very soon, so what's the point of character development?

Avillo will get his revenge, sure, but after that? Everyone is pretty much a dead man walking given the setting. It's just a matter of when will they die. In the grander scheme of things they're just mindless drones waiting to pull the next trigger.

it's the same why I stopped watching western shows altogether. you'd just see the same things everytime: guns, crime, prison, lawyers, police, courtroom, revenge, adultery, murder. Did I missed anything among those?

I think the biggest mistake this show did is giving minor characters (that will die a few minutes later) some screen time. Were this were done the same Breaking Bad did to Walter Wright (only focusing his character development), this title would be that much better.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jul 27, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
going to have to rewatch this whole anime if I don't get my **** together while watching (presuming they keep introducing new characters)

the battlefield is going to be lively

Angelo, what are you going to do?

Jul 27, 2016 10:01 PM
Feb 2016
FelixDied said:
who is this guy and why is he blaming cerotto for taking the body? (it's the scene before the cemetery

He is Scusa, a federal law enforcement official, who tried to sell Serpente's body to Vanetti family. He bought the body from Cerotto.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.