Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Jun 12, 2013 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
More great world setup, more character development and some more layers are added to Asuma's mysterious placement in this new world. Really liking how Sword Art Online has been going these last few episodes! 8/10.
Jun 13, 2013 6:05 PM

Feb 2009
wincest....so much wincest
I like anime and stuff
Jun 16, 2013 12:07 AM
Jun 2013
So was Kirito's sister the girl who was helping him, interesting.. Japs and their sick minds they always have to go sexual
Jun 16, 2013 12:08 AM
Jun 2013
Illuminis said:
Aug 3, 2013 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
i have never found myself hating any character in any form of entertainment more than i hate sugou, every time that creep is shown i want to fucking stab him in the throat 47 times.

Sep 24, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
Illuminis said:
LOL
Haha I couldn't stop smiling when Kirito lost control of flying :D
OMG that mess... her sister. Quite unfortunate for her.

zdude18 said:
i have never found myself hating any character in any form of entertainment more than i hate sugou, every time that creep is shown i want to fucking stab him in the throat 47 times.

I agree.
Oct 23, 2013 4:02 AM

Jul 2007
ao_no_exo said:
Illuminis said:
LOL
Haha I couldn't stop smiling when Kirito lost control of flying :D
OMG that mess... her sister. Quite unfortunate for her.

zdude18 said:

I agree.

I am really loving this series alot. It if keeps up like this, it might just be one of my top favorites. That really caught me by surprise that Lefa turned out to be the kirito's sister, well not really sister but cousin, but still what a shock. Also appears the admin that is the administrator of the entire game is none other then that guy that was in the hospital and is holding asana captive in the game at the top of the Ygdrassil tree.

Now the whole rescue the princess or dam-sill in distress has been used time and time again and may seem generic but with in the concept of it actually being a video game, i think its in good taste and acceptable in this series.

Can't wait to see next episode, kirito is not fcking around, he's heading out to go rescue her.

This game reminds me of aion so much lol. When i watch this anime, it makes me want to play aion now.

Oct 27, 2013 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
F*** that Sugou bastard, I thought he was going to rape Asuna at the end D:
I hope that Kirito gets together with Asuna again.
Also, Leefa has a very nice chest. Just had to get that out XD
removed-userOct 27, 2013 3:55 PM
Oct 29, 2013 8:10 PM
Aug 2013
that guy makes me cringe so bad. what a fuckin loser
Nov 2, 2013 9:48 AM

Oct 2011
Sugou is disgusting, what an awful character. I had a feeling Leafa was Kirito's sister.
Nov 30, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2013
Aw, Suguha is Leafa :[

and she WOULD take an interest in Kirito even as an Alfheim player lol
Dec 28, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
I thought Suguha was his cousin? :/

As soon as they said Oberon and Titania I thought of A Midsummer Nights Dream <3 Awesomeness.

Amazing episode! <3
Jan 5, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
wow this arc is great so far. Didn't expect that after the last one.
Jan 5, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
Oh ok, incest love incoming, and damn that Suguo is a bastard, hope he burns at the end of this.
Jan 24, 2014 6:24 PM
Jul 2013
Interestingly, the two brothers in the same game.
Jan 25, 2014 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sugou must die, and he must die hard. Nasty, creeepy f*ck.

I thought the ears were distracting until I saw Leafa's rack. Well at least that's distracting in a good way.

The sister is going to be doubly disappointed now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 26, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
lolwut? Sugou logic is the most stupid thing I've heard. ''I can change your memory, but I don't want a mindless puppet, so to correct that, I'll act like the biggest jerk you ever saw so you'll fall in love with me?'', everything seem wrong with that. Also, he seem like a sexual delinquant, I'm sure he's raping her in real life, that fucker.

I had already been spoiled that Suguha was Leafe, but I'm glad to see that it wasn't a late big revelation, I would have been mad if so :P

It's weird to see Kirito, the solo player, accepting the help of a random player. Now his sister will be able to see her ''rival'' (even if she's not even in the love game xD ).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 12, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 2014
Nice development of the story. I like this arc already =)
Jun 18, 2014 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
Saguha reaction when she logged out of the game xD

Jul 6, 2014 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
How can Kirito's sister not know the nickname he used on SAO ?
Jul 11, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Yep Sugou is a creepy pedo mother....you know the rest. Kick his ass Kirito.
Jul 12, 2014 12:24 AM

May 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Yep Sugou is a creepy pedo mother....you know the rest. Kick his ass Kirito.

What exactly make Sugou pedo ? Asuna doesn't look like a young child
Jul 12, 2014 7:50 PM
May 2014
Renato said:

Ikr... Plot hole.

The best I can assume is she assumes someone else took the same name because they want to have the same name as the "hero from SOA"
Jul 15, 2014 6:42 PM

Feb 2012
Renato said:
I'm wondering the same thing, everyone has been doling him Hero Kirito in real life.

So basically Yui=Navi?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 17, 2014 4:49 AM
Jan 2010
if asuna wasn't an autistic fuck she'd realize that even if it's 'censored out' you can figure out the password from that guy's hand movements, especially since the buttons are so big
Aug 2, 2014 11:53 PM
Oct 2013
Oh man I really dont like the Kirito X Sugu/Leafa pairing. I hope him, Asuna and Yui can be together again. Man do they deserve it....
Aug 10, 2014 4:53 PM

May 2013
Oh snap, Leafa is Sugu and Sugu is Leafa.
And Leafa's falling for Kirito. This will definitely be a problem.

Sugou as Fairy King Oberon is twice as creepy in-game. Poor Asuna.
Damn it, Kirito! Save her before her memories get altered!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 24, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2014
How someone could treat girl like that. Only pervert weaklings could do something disgusting like that....
Oct 14, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
I'm assuming Asuna knows that even if she fights back she can't escape... she's been there for 2 months already and has probably tried that already.

SAO related information has not been released. The public doesn't know who cleared the game. That's why the name "Kirito" just looks like any other random player.
Nov 23, 2014 3:36 PM
Jun 2013
This could be so much better if Yui stop calling him daddy. That's all kinda of creepy I cringe or roll my eyes without fail every time.
Dec 8, 2014 7:19 PM

Oct 2014
Sugo continues to be a creep, Alfheim continues to be interesting. I guess it's not too surprising Kirito's sister is Leafa, I'm sure they'll find out who each other are eventually. How the hell does she not recognize the name Kirito either? I feel like considering he's the one who cleared the game, lots of people would know that name, as people who were in the game would have talked about it in the real world. And why is Sugo typing the password right in front of Asuna? That's a bit stupid of him (I'm not complaining though!)
Dec 16, 2014 9:11 AM

Apr 2013
Kirito is partying with his sister? I thought that the blonde elf is someone he knows, so I was surprised when she didn't recognize him when he told her his name. But this way it all makes sense ^^
Dec 21, 2014 11:50 AM
Oct 2011
I am probably alone in this but rather then an ulimited flight engine, i'd perfer something more physics based, where how much flight you get is based on how you exploit the wind. For example, using Thermals (huge columns of warm air) to gain height, and then gliding for long distances.

nutrrox said:

...Apart from that, this "brother-sister"-thingy is just awkward. C'mon this isn't Game of Thrones..
To be faiar they are TECHINCALLY cousins and Japan does NOT have the same cousin taboo that exists in most of the us
Feb 26, 2015 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
3 episodes in and this second isn't as bad as others seem to make it look.
Yeah, this elfheim thing is weird, but that's just because it's something new and different. This second half seems like a second season inside the first season.
I don't really like how Asuna's being treated though.
Mar 23, 2015 4:11 PM

Mar 2015
Why is it always American corporations?
May 19, 2015 2:38 AM

Mar 2010
Ugh I just love elves so freaking much <3
Jun 25, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah... So him and his cousin by the power of extreme coincidence run into each other in the game... IN THAT HUGE WORLD!

I must say, SAO gets better and better at getting worse :D

Jul 5, 2015 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
It seems one of Kirito's flaws is that he is not that great at flying...

Though the scenes with him and Yui are really nice.And the music in this show is really freaking good.

Yet the scene with Asuna and the Fairy King bastard is a little uncomfortable to sit through...
Jul 7, 2015 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
Oh God... Can't there be just a game with those secret dark plans ? :l

test subjects... etc.
Sep 30, 2015 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, the plot's picking up now. But jeez... soooooo evil. And not the normal anime "I hate everyone and want to kill everything" evil.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 28, 2015 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Feb 20, 2016 5:20 AM

Nov 2013
not enough wincest for me, I want moar, man Leafa really resembles Kirino, the way she acts, looks, talks.
yeah Leafa is Suguha in real life, one can understand that because they sounds similar and if they know Ayana Taketatsu.
strange Suguha didn't know Kirito's nickname, I thought that when he would tell her she would catch it and start to seduce him virtually lol

bwa hahah I wish you luck, I love Leafa (naturally) :3

Suguha fell for Kirito in real world and in virtual reality, one true love, they meant to be there is nothing to add :3
Jun 4, 2016 5:03 PM
Dec 2014
- I picked out early in the episode that Leafa is Suguha, but not for the right reason: the part were she added -kun after calling him Kirito made me think that she knew that Kirito was someone she was close to. That, and her sword skills. But it turned out that while Leafa is Suguha, she didn't know that Kirito is her brother. Sucks to be her I guess, forbidden love IRL and in VR :)

- Everything is a bit too convenient though. From Kirito bumping into Suguha so early (out of the thousand of players he could've bumped into), who instantly takes a liking to him and willing to bring him around, how quickly he mastered flying, to the fact that Sugo is a villain made to be disliked and make the main character looks good when he is inevitably brought down. While I felt that Akihiko Kayaba wasn't sufficiently fleshed out in terms of motive, I liked the fact they didn't make him a complete creep.

The story is moving along, but it is feeling forced. Still, with only 8 episodes left I guess that this arc is going to move pretty fast..
Jun 7, 2016 7:19 AM
Oct 2011
AxBattler said:
- I picked out early in the episode that Leafa is Suguha, but not for the right reason: the part were she added -kun after calling him Kirito made me think that she knew that Kirito was someone she was close to. That, and her sword skills. But it turned out that while Leafa is Suguha, she didn't know that Kirito is her brother. Sucks to be her I guess, forbidden love IRL and in VR :)

- Everything is a bit too convenient though. From Kirito bumping into Suguha so early (out of the thousand of players he could've bumped into), who instantly takes a liking to him and willing to bring him around, how quickly he mastered flying, to the fact that Sugo is a villain made to be disliked and make the main character looks good when he is inevitably brought down. While I felt that Akihiko Kayaba wasn't sufficiently fleshed out in terms of motive, I liked the fact they didn't make him a complete creep.

The story is moving along, but it is feeling forced. Still, with only 8 episodes left I guess that this arc is going to move pretty fast..
The book explains it as
I put this in spoilers because I forget WHEN exactly the book explains it, and in case I am jumping the gun here I don't want to spoil it.
Jun 7, 2016 10:17 AM
Dec 2014
animalia said:
The book explains it as [...]

Thanks. It is an explanation, and it's good to know that the author did consider it but still a bit dodgy. What kind of MMORPG that involves various warring factions throws a brand new character into a foreign land ;)

Actually, when Kirito first logged in and start falling from the sky towards what looks like the starting village, the system glitched and sent him to that forest not too far from where he ended up encountering Leafa. Did the book mention/explain the glitch or was it just left as a glitch? Thinking about it, a glitch, while a bit too convenient makes more sense than just logging from the same location.
Jun 7, 2016 11:06 AM
Oct 2011
AxBattler said:
animalia said:
The book explains it as [...]

Thanks. It is an explanation, and it's good to know that the author did consider it but still a bit dodgy. What kind of MMORPG that involves various warring factions throws a brand new character into a foreign land ;)

Actually, when Kirito first logged in and start falling from the sky towards what looks like the starting village, the system glitched and sent him to that forest not too far from where he ended up encountering Leafa. Did the book mention/explain the glitch or was it just left as a glitch? Thinking about it, a glitch, while a bit too convenient makes more sense than just logging from the same location.
I think the glitch was caused by the similar location. Let me see if I can find the quote
Here we go
"...had hypothesized that the reason I met her after I first logged in
was because someone in my neighborhood had connected to ALO at
the same time as me. Because we made our dives not from the same
neighborhood, but the same house, our global IP address was identical."
Jun 7, 2016 11:40 AM
Dec 2014
animalia said:
]I think the glitch was caused by the similar location. Let me see if I can find the quote
Here we go
"...had hypothesized that the reason I met her after I first logged in
was because someone in my neighborhood had connected to ALO at
the same time as me. Because we made our dives not from the same
neighborhood, but the same house, our global IP address was identical."

Fair enough. I don't think it's the kind of glitch that that is likely to happen in real life. Usually there would be no issue connecting from the same global IP, and at worse, one user will just fail to connect, but I realise that I am just nitpicking. If I was reading the story, I probably would have accepted it as unlikely not impossible. The way it was presented in the anime, it just looked like 1. Sugou was onto Kirito (which turned out untrue) or 2. It would take too long for Kirito to bump into Leafa so let's just randomly glitch him towards her.
Jul 20, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
Ok episode. Surprised to find that Sugu is Leafa. Dame she will be disappointed again :/ also the last since man that bast*rd needs to die
Jul 24, 2016 6:55 PM

Jan 2016
Sooooo....how does it just so happen that the NerveGear is also capable of altering human memories, which was an experiment designed exclusively by RECT employees, long after the release of Sword Art Online? Can someone explain this to me? Even if it includes spoilers.

Without an explanation, it just seems implausible and headache-y to play along with.

3/10
Jul 25, 2016 10:08 AM

Jun 2013

Brain torture using sensorial stimuli.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Today, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.