*6. Orange The Complete Collection Vol.1
*7. Haikyuu!! Vol.1
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.7
*9. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.10
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2

Source: NY Times Manga Best Seller List

Previous related news: North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

← Previous Week

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jul 22, 2016 7:46 PM

Sep 2013
this list is randome as shit..>_>
Jul 22, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2013
Nice to see Bleach!
Jul 22, 2016 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
malki said:
this list is randome as shit..>_>
as it should be

the lack of diversity in the American market is sickening
Jul 22, 2016 7:58 PM

Sep 2013
Haikyuu's still on, that's great. I've fallen off of buying OPM but it seems like everyone else isn't slacking off.
Jul 22, 2016 9:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Looks like Orange actually got a little boost from the anime !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 22, 2016 9:59 PM

Nov 2011
I'm happy to see Orange getting more attention now.
Jul 22, 2016 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
Bleach <3 let's stay there for the rest of the month :)
Jul 23, 2016 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
Love seeing Orange and Haikyuu!!! on the list! Hopefully America can get more of a diverse taste and not just OPM and TG all the time (they are good, but at least venture off to different mangas)
Jul 23, 2016 1:11 AM

Jun 2014
If OPM vol.1 manages to stay on this list for the next four weeks, then it'll be the second volume to spend 50 straight weeks on this list since its inception (after Snk vol.1).

America is way too top heavy. Naruto dominated, SnK dominated and now TG & OPM are dominating. Mid level hits rarely get their chance to shine.
Jul 23, 2016 1:35 AM

Apr 2014
I expect more OPM volumes in the next few weeks now that it started airing in Toonami.
Jul 23, 2016 2:15 AM
Aug 2015
none
threre all shit
how disappointing
Jul 23, 2016 2:35 AM

Nov 2015
I brought both volumes of Orange when the anime was about to air. Love the manga.
Jul 23, 2016 2:40 AM
Nov 2015
Bleach last volumes are selling. Well, I wish it gets a decent adaptation soon.
Jul 23, 2016 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
xEzioAuditore said:
Bleach last volumes are selling. Well, I wish it gets a decent adaptation soon.

but there's nothing remotely decent left to adapt
Jul 23, 2016 3:31 AM

Jan 2016
That is awesome that Haikyuu!! is selling well. (Assassination Classroom and OPM too :) )
Jul 23, 2016 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
So happy that Orange is selling great, it deserve these sales. Can't wait to get mine.
Jul 23, 2016 5:11 AM

Jan 2015
Inb4 Re:Zero is #1 next week
Jul 23, 2016 5:17 AM

Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:

i'll be surprised really
Jul 23, 2016 5:20 AM

Jan 2015
ultravigo said:
Xenocrisi said:

i'll be surprised really

Why would you? It is very popular in the Western
Jul 23, 2016 5:24 AM

Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:
ultravigo said:

i'll be surprised really

well it's a good anime from what i've heard but i just don't get the feeling it will be top next week.Let's just hope i'm wrong
ultravigoJul 23, 2016 5:28 AM
Jul 23, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
ultravigo said:
Xenocrisi said:

well it's a good anime from what i've heard but i just don't get the feeling it will be top next week.Let's just hope i'm wrong

It highly possible ReZero will be #1 next week, it's been in the top 300 books on Amazon since it released, that's better than than TG and OPM volumes. I don't know if the NY Times count amazon sales though....
Jul 23, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2008
moodie said:

Agafin said:

America is way too top heavy. Naruto dominated, SnK dominated and now TG & OPM are dominating. Mid level hits rarely get their chance to shine.

You guys both described how I feel every time I look at the NY Times best seller list. TG & OPM aren't bad, but there are so many good manga out there that never gets to be on these lists. Seeing Orange, Ancient Magus Bride and/or Princess Jellyfish on the list from time to time gives me some hope, though.
Jul 23, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
ColdBreeze said:
chrisbj said:
It highly possible ReZero will be #1 next week, it's been in the top 300 books on Amazon since it released, that's better than than TG and OPM volumes. I don't know if the NY Times count amazon sales though....
But Light Novels don't sell that much compared to Manga.

And the release date for the manga version is next week.

It's not always true. Actually NGNL's Volume 4 (LN) was #1 when it came out.
Jul 23, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2015
moodie said:

Sad times it is, though does the UK and Europe in general do better? I know a certain few titles that are better localized there
Jul 23, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2014
OPM will continue to dominate since it got an American re-broadcast.
Jul 24, 2016 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
NanoZero said:
moodie said:

Agafin said:

You guys both described how I feel every time I look at the NY Times best seller list. TG & OPM aren't bad, but there are so many good manga out there that never gets to be on these lists. Seeing Orange, Ancient Magus Bride and/or Princess Jellyfish on the list from time to time gives me some hope, though.

The demand for manga in the US isn't high though, and that's why only the extremely popular series dominate the list.
Jul 24, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
NanoZero said:

The demand for manga in the US isn't high though, and that's why only the extremely popular series dominate the list.
Lol its not about demand. America has a big culture of pirating and using illegal sites. No one really wants to pay for manga, specially those who are really invested in diverse manga.
Jul 24, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2012
moodie said:
keragamming said:

Lol its not about demand. America has a big culture of pirating and using illegal sites. No one really wants to pay for manga, specially those who are really invested in diverse manga.

This makes zero sense in so many ways. Following your logic there is no diversity in any American media outlet like games, movies, and music.

Manga is just more niche than anime. Pirating is irrelevant because it's not exclusive to manga.
Jul 24, 2016 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
tsudecimo said:
moodie said:

This makes zero sense in so many ways. Following your logic there is no diversity in any American media outlet like games, movies, and music.

Manga is just more niche than anime. Pirating is irrelevant because it's not exclusive to manga.
Lmfao go to other anime sites the idea of buying manga is ridiculed. Dont post nonsense like manga is niche when a ton of sites that host manga illegaly gain immense traffic.
moodieJul 24, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 24, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
moodie said:
tsudecimo said:

Lmfao go to other anime sites the idea of buying manga is ridiculed. Dont post nonsense like manga is niche when a ton of sites that host manga illegaly gain immense traffic.

Who gives a shit? the idea of buying anything is ridiculed in the internet. We are talking about manga sales in the united states, the manga sites get a lot of traffic so what. So does every entertainment outlet in the internet.

From the beginning, the sales of manga in US weren't big, before the concept of piracy was even popular. Like everything visual mediums are more popular than books in US.

Music is probably the most pirated thing on the internet, yet the music industry is insanely profitable in the US. Pirating doesn't affect as big as you are making out to be for a niche hobby, and when it does it has no direct relevance to diversity. Because if anything the popular stuff get pirated more than obscure things.

Nothing worse than someone trying to act like he knows it all based on nothing, when he is the most clueless person in any news thread. Give that shtick a rest.
Jul 24, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
tsudecimo said:
moodie said:

Who gives a shit? the idea of buying anything is ridiculed in the internet. We are talking about manga sales in the united states, the manga sites get a lot of traffic so what. So does every entertainment outlet in the internet.

From the beginning, the sales of manga in US weren't big, before the concept of piracy was even popular. Like everything visual mediums are more popular than books in US.

Music is probably the most pirated thing on the internet, yet the music industry is insanely profitable in the US. Pirating doesn't affect as big as you are making out to be for a niche hobby, and when it does it has no direct relevance to diversity. Because if anything the popular stuff get pirated more than obscure things.

Nothing worse than someone trying to act like he knows it all based on nothing, when he is the most clueless person in any news thread. Give that shtick a rest.
Clearly you dont know what you are talking about.

I can tell you why music is profitable and it has nothing to do with CD sales. You need to practice what you preach. "Nothing worse than someone trying to act like he knows it all based on nothing"

I would rebuttal what you had to say but you said nothing but childish insults and clearly not understanding the American market.
Jul 24, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
I'm tired of seeing One Punch Man and Tokyo Ghoul on this list... Good manga, but there needs to be a little more diversity... this needs to happen on the sales in Japan too...
Jul 24, 2016 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
INB4 Bleach ending announcement was a publicity stunt to boost sales.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.