Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that got dark fast. Fango is a clever man imo and I love his taunting.

Got a nice thrill from the brief gun fight as well. Kinda sad to see a life being taken..guess we'll see a lot of that from now on.
Stark700Jul 22, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 22, 2016 12:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, there are no good guys in this show.

Except maybe Corteo, but he'll die 100 % lol

Avilio causing confusion and got out of the complicated situations.

Jan 2015
Well that didn't go as I expected to be, more or less. Whenever Avilio meets or even just passed with Fango, there always chaos started. But there's where the action and crossfire started even it feels pretty short this time.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 2014
Fango is indeed a clever man.

Now a hitman arrives. This should be quite entertaining.

I need to do a better job with the families, got a bit confused for a few scenes.
Jul 22, 2016 12:20 PM

Sep 2015
It's getting more and more intense, I wonder where Corteo will go without Avilio
Jul 22, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Really nice episode. Avilio got out of the problems very nice. Fango is not so dumb as he looks like :p
Jul 22, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
Another solid episode, even if that cliffhanger didn't go as badly for Avilio as it seemed likely to. If anything, it's all going a little TOO well for him, given that he now has Nero alone with him and could theoretically off him so much easier than if they were still in the city with the rest of the Vanetti family (and also Fango).
Jul 22, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
The story is getting darker.

Fango is quite smart!
Jul 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2014
Interesting episode, Fango is clever

Hi there
Jul 22, 2016 12:46 PM

May 2015
I was actually a bit surprised that things went so well for Avilio. The cliffhanger last week made the situation seem a lot worse. And the names continue to be hard to remember. Still, this was a nice episode.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 22, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2016
Smudy said:

Well yeah, That's how works the MAFIA world. You know, no place for soft hearts.
Jul 22, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2016
Well, beating that clever bastard Fango will be much hard.
Jul 22, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
That was a pretty interesting episode.
Of course better than the previous ones thats for sure. I assume we'll get more into Bruno and Nero... I assume this is why the anime had the poster as well xD

Now for the families... Oh boy, I sense war incoming.
Jul 22, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2012
Another great episode from this sleeper hit. Any confusion I had about the families was fixed in this episode. The music continues to be outstanding, Fango continues to be fucking nuts, and our MC continues to be my favorite in a long time. He's calculating, smart, get's right down to business, but isn't all depressed and fucking mopey about his situation. Love his fighting style too.

No one else may know about this show but I for one am calling it the surprise of the fucking year. If this tempo keeps up I think we have a classic in the making people. A mafia war looks set to kick off next episode and Nero and Angelo will have to deal with an assassin.

To be honest, going off of Nero's reactions to Angelo, I'm pretty sure he knows he's the little kid whose family he helped kill. Following Clemente's death, I think Nero is going to help Angelo take down his own father as penance for his sins.
luigi-dudeJul 22, 2016 2:18 PM
Jul 22, 2016 2:11 PM

Dec 2014
Very interesting episode, Lot of set up. Didn't expect things to go this well for Avilio though.

I'm unsure if Avilio planned to instigate war among the families or if this is just an outcome of him plotting revenge.

When Avilio smiled after Nero agreed to let him come with him when he left the city I was sure he was gonna kill him at the end, He still hasn't though but I still suspect Avilio might end up killing Nero unless they somehow reconcile.

There's a hitman after them now :o
Jul 22, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
That look you make when everything is going according to plan.
Jul 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Apr 2011
Loving the route this show is taking another good episode.
Jul 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
So basically one corpse is gonna make everybody go to shit eh? Oh lord this is gonna be interesting shit.

Avilio has a chance to off Nero but I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon. That hitman there will set some fun things in motion.

That Fango guy really is durable as he is unstable.

Things are getting a trigger happy as they can be.
Jul 22, 2016 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
I seriously need to remember the characters names. This is a common issue for every anime I watch. :v

Anyways, great episode regardless. Loving the characters and the way things are going so far
Jul 22, 2016 2:40 PM
Mar 2016
Fango alive? He's suppose to be dead.
Jul 22, 2016 2:51 PM

Sep 2014
Really enjoyed this episode, didn't expect Nero to be in such deep shit with his own family just because of one dead body.

Might be a minor nit-pick, but the eyes sometimes look weird and inconsistent at times.

@Whoahoho
Why would Fango be dead? He survived ep 2's ambush by using that woman as a shield.
Jul 22, 2016 2:51 PM

May 2013
Another great episode, though I think this one was just a notch below the previous two in terms of quality, mostly due to the occasionally stiff animation (which became really noticeable during the episode's climactic fight scene) and the somewhat awkward direction in the first half. Otherwise it's fabulous stuff, as the plot thickens and the tension intensifies. This is definitely a plot-driven show, though as last episode in particular showed it can do good characterization just fine.

Two things I wanted to make special note of. Firstly, it's interesting how much of an enigma Angelo is. We're never allowed a window into his thoughts, nor do we ever hear him monologue, which forces us to base our understanding of him entirely on his backstory and the various sinister/mysterious expressions he makes here and there. Our ignorance of Angelo's exact thoughts or aims in any of his scenes works to great effect in this episode, as we're left uncertain as to how much of the ensuing gang war Angelo planned, and whether him ending up alone with Nero was just convenient opportunism or something he had anticipated. Based on Angelo's initial reaction to Serpente's body disappearing at the end of the last episode, I'm inclined to say that much of what happened here was an unintended consequence of Angelo's quest for vengeance. But it's hard to be entirely sure, and that does wonders in adding a palpable sense of mystique/menace/awesomeness to our main character.

Secondly, I loved the scene at Vanno's funeral. Almost no words were spoken, but it succeeded at driving home the extent of Nero's grief. Loved that shot of Angelo's expressionless face as he gazes at the display of grief that he caused directly with his actions. Again we have no idea what he's thinking, and it's fascinating to consider. How does Angelo feel about willingly visiting such sorrow upon these people? Does he just not care, because they did the same to him? Does he see himself on the people he's about to kill? He did kill Vanno for revenge, after all, just after he had killed someone else for revenge himself. It's an endless cycle of vengeance. What I'm really enjoying about this show is its unwillingness to let us forget that the the killers of Angelo's family are as human as himself. The narrative doesn't sugercoat the consequences of Angelo's quest, but neither can we begrudge Angelo because we know what they did to him. It makes for some great drama.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jul 22, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
Already a chore to keep track of all these names, mafia politics is a bore and the art is ugly at times.

Japs should leave the gangster cinema to Hollywood, this is mediocre compared to films like Miller's crossing.
BoiiiiiiiiiiJul 22, 2016 3:00 PM
Jul 22, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
Considering how ugly the cliffhnager of the last episode looked for Angelo, he sure ended very well and with things according to his revenge (he has Nero in his hands now).

Fango is a fricking savage, probably the more entertaining character of the show (btw, I am the only one that think he looks like a bearded He-Man?). Liked he is not only crazy, but also clever enough to discover that Serpente wasn't the man Nero offered in that exchange.

Wonder how things will develop now that both Nero and Angelo are alone.

P.S. Save Corteo, he is too precious to die.
Jul 22, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2016
Great ep i can see fango offing the orcas in the future and i dont think Avilio will go for Nero yet he has to get tight with the fam first otherwise i dont see how he gets to the boss.
Jul 22, 2016 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
Another great episode. Fango is quickly becoming my favourite character, that crazy bastard is just so damn entertaining to watch.
Jul 22, 2016 5:13 PM

May 2015
The names and relationships between the mob families are starting to become a confusing clusterfuck. It doesn't help that I'm REALLY bad at keeping up with stuff like that. Also Fango is shaping up to be a decent antagonist.
Jul 22, 2016 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
damn man killing a dude because he didn't put enough butter is just crazy and Fango is just one crazy motherfucker!
Jul 22, 2016 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
Fango is one of the only things i dislike about this show, his sadistic nature and his stupid hair really take me out of show.
Abother thing, during the little gun fight the music was extremely boring.
Other than that, this was an entertaining episode.
Jul 22, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2014
I kind of get what's going on only because of the somewhat difficult to memorize names. I mean, when you have similar-ish names that thrown left and right like spaghetti it's hard to tell who's part of what family. Luckily, the good visuals help.
I need sleep.
Jul 22, 2016 7:22 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Fango is so chill around Don Orco. That fork to the guys hand.
Avlio getting closer to Nero. Seems like someone is going after them.
Farewell Vanno.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 22, 2016 7:25 PM

Jul 2016
BlueBalls said:
Already a chore to keep track of all these names, mafia politics is a bore and the art is ugly at times.

Japs should leave the gangster cinema to Hollywood, this is mediocre compared to films like Miller's crossing.

Nah you can drop it but I love this Japanese's take on the mob. The mafia politics are interesting & if you pay attention there is no problem with the names.

Although the art really wasn't good at times in this episode.
AssumingControlJul 22, 2016 7:38 PM
Jul 22, 2016 9:26 PM

Jul 2010
I really like everything about this so far but my only complaint is that the animation is so lacking sometimes, even more this episode with some derpy eyes etc.
Jul 22, 2016 9:47 PM

Sep 2010
block1 said:
It's hard to keep track of all the different names being thrown around every second, lol.

Omni_slash95 said:
BlueBalls said:

Nah you can drop it but I love this Japanese's take on the mob. The mafia politics are interesting & if you pay attention there is no problem with the names.

There really needs to be a character or faction chart at this point. If they add more characters, my mind will explode.

So far I'm sure it's:
Vanettis: They have some beef with Orcos losing territory and all.
Orcos: They're taking Vanettis territory and want to go to war with them.
Galassias: Want the Orco and Vanettis not to fight (Marriage between a Galassias and Vanettis in ep2).

Avilio wants revenge on Nero for killing his childhood friend. Vanno participated in it with Nero in the past so he killed him As part of revenge.

Vanno killed Serpente for killing one of Vanettis new recruit (the boy wanting a new car).

Avilio says Fango (Orcos He Man Looking guy) killed Vanno, instigates potential war between the two families.

Avilio getting alone time with Nero since he's being targeted now.
HalAnimeJul 22, 2016 9:52 PM
Jul 22, 2016 10:13 PM
Feb 2016
HalAnime said:
block1 said:
It's hard to keep track of all the different names being thrown around every second, lol.

Omni_slash95 said:

There really needs to be a character or faction chart at this point. If they add more characters, my mind will explode.

So far I'm sure it's:
Galassias: Want the Orco and Vanettis not to fight (Marriage between a Galassias and Vanettis in ep2).

Avilio wants revenge on Nero for killing his childhood friend. Vanno participated in it with Nero in the past so he killed him As part of revenge.

Vanno killed Serpente for killing one of Vanettis new recruit (the boy wanting a new car).

Avilio says Fango (Orcos He Man Looking guy) killed Vanno, instigates potential war between the two families.

Thanks for listing up! But I regarded two things differently...
I think it was Avilio's family that was killed by Nero and Vanno.
About Vanno's death, I remember Avilio explained that Vanno was counterattacked by Serpente and Avilio couldn't stop that but managed to kill Serpente...It's complicated so I maybe wrong though...

Anyway, I wasn't sure about each family 's relationship and your summary helped me a lot!
Jul 22, 2016 10:22 PM

Oct 2015
Can someone explain to me EXACTLY everything that happened in that exchange between the Mc and that homeless man? I didn't get shit of how or why any of that happened
Jul 22, 2016 10:54 PM

Jan 2016
Jeeesus there's too many families/names
Jul 22, 2016 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting ep, lots of buildup. I wonder if nero will help Angelo to get his revenge or he will get killed b4 only? Althogh angelo's face confirms the latter. That gunshot scene was a bit letdown for me tho.
Jul 22, 2016 11:39 PM

Jun 2012
Fango is way too edgy, need him to die so I can stop cringing.
Jul 23, 2016 12:32 AM

Mar 2015
Another interesting episode, I'm sure this anime will only get better.
And Angelo may end up being my fav mc this season.
Also, I can't stand Fango. I can't be the only one, right?
Jul 23, 2016 12:32 AM

May 2013
I found this hard to follow compared to the first two

Might wait until all the episodes come out, the week between shows makes it difficult to remember all these similar characters
Jul 23, 2016 12:33 AM

Jul 2015
Shuhan said:
Fango is way too edgy, need him to die so I can stop cringing.

Yeah, this is basically how I feel about Fango atm, too
Jul 23, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
Such a good surprise, all the episodes are so good. Fango is clever and crazy at the same time, I like him. he brings a different atmosphere to the show.
Jul 23, 2016 2:45 AM
Feb 2015
HalAnime said:
block1 said:

Omni_slash95 said:

So far I'm sure it's:

I was lost too!!
Thanks for the explanation:))
Jul 23, 2016 3:55 AM

Oct 2015
Smudy said:

Edit : nvm, stalker stuff
B4DawnJul 23, 2016 3:59 AM
Jul 23, 2016 4:28 AM
Feb 2016
Zoldyck_Killua said:
Can someone explain to me EXACTLY everything that happened in that exchange between the Mc and that homeless man? I didn't get shit of how or why any of that happened

Sorry if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand,
The man who was captured by Fango is Tigre. He works under Nero. (He was the man who was beaten when he stayed in a car in ep1, and also at the table with Nero and others when Vanno served soup in ep2)
Avilio wore Serpente's clothes which he took from his corps to pretend to be Serpente so that they can get Tigre back by that negotiation. (Avilio and Nero must have found his body hidden in that building before Fango arrived.) this is what I thought was happened...
KolmeDGJul 23, 2016 4:44 AM
Jul 23, 2016 5:29 AM

Jun 2013
So Nero wants to see ded Serpente for himself in order to believe Angelo's story because Serpente's dead body wasn't at the crime scene. Angelo had Corteo get Cerotto to tell what happened to Serpente's body by saying that everyone is suspecting him because he was there when everything with dango took place. And Cerotto had the body sold to Scusa who's a government dude who plans on selling the body to the Vanettis because an Orco guy was killed by a Vanetti guy and it would be really troublesome if word gets out.

And Nero and Angelo reach the body but Fango gets there too. But Fango doesn't know about Serpente's death so Angelo becomes a fake Serpente to try and get the hostage Fango had. And with Nero there, it became as if he was involved in Serpente's killing and the attempt on Fango. So his own family would be after him for messing with the Orcos and the Orcos themselves would be out for his head. So he goes into hiding. Angelo joins him because Fango might come to blow his head off since he tried to kill him twice. And with the body being in Scusa's custody, a new party has been involved now.

So the mafia wars continue and the Orcos and Vanettis are almost going to try and kill each other now thanks to Angelo's revenge. Way to go, Angelo. You're starting a war now.
Jul 23, 2016 5:41 AM

Oct 2015
KolmeDG said:
Zoldyck_Killua said:

Sorry if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand,
The man who was captured by Fango is Tigre. He works under Nero. (He was the man who was beaten when he stayed in a car in ep1, and also at the table with Nero and others when Vanno served soup in ep2)
Avilio wore Serpente's clothes which he took from his corps to pretend to be Serpente so that they can get Tigre back by that negotiation. (Avilio and Nero must have found his body hidden in that building before Fango arrived.) this is what I thought was happened...

Thanks so much for the clarifying it so well ^.^ i honestly thought people would just come out and say something like i didn't understand anything at all or that i slept during the episode and I'm a moron, but u didnt do that at all! Ahah thanks again!:)

I also found it weird that Fango didnt know that Serpente was dead but yeah whatever xD
Jul 23, 2016 6:02 AM

May 2015
Fango is one twisted bastard. I really want to see this guy dead, lmao.

Great episode as usual. Looks like Angelo is slowly getting close to his chance of getting revenge.... But damn, I need to do my best to remember the names of the characters in this show, lol.

Jul 23, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
As much as I don't like Fango, I'm really glad he's not just some crazy pretencious killer, but actually a clever guy. Like, it was totally obvious that wasn't Serpente, and they didn't even bother to remove the bag on his head..!

And now Nero and Angelo go together ! Too bad it'll not be a fun ride.
Maybe they'll eventually become friends ? Well, as long as Nero doesn't discover that Angelo killed his friend.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.