Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2016 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again however It's really hard for me to see Subaru like this, I can only feel pity for him now. It used to be so easy for me to root for him but now all he does is rage, shout and make all those unpleasant expressions which makes him just come off as obnoxious. I just hope there's a redemption for him sometime soon.

To be honest most of the candidates were right, Subaru is not negotiating he's just pleading for help and he's not even making a strong case, I guess the way he puts it just doesn't come off as genuine . I was actually quite surprised at how sharp Crusch was, She instantly picked up on the fact that Subaru never once said he wanted to 'Save Emilia' . He was even ready to lick Prisiclla's foot, There are times when you must swallow pride but that was just denigrating yourself into a degenerate. Subaru, Why you do this? :(

Anastasia played Subaru like a kid xD

Anyhow the important thing is that Subaru has now learnt what it means to negotiate (He did right?), Hopefully he can use this newfound knowledge in the future.
My favorite scene in the episode was actually getting all the merchants to help, At least one deal succeeded :D (Nothing can beat money I guess xD)

That whale at the end :O

Emilia ED was so cute <3
Jul 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2016
Anatasia actually gave him some really good advice
Jul 17, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Man subaru needs to chill out, being full of rage is just blinding him and making things worse for him.

Also, that comment by subaru to Crusch "good luck being a dictator and abandoning the weak" was brutal. I felt that was actually kind of right..

Also subaru would still be in a lot of trouble even if he wasn't blinded by rage and was actually calm when negotiating with the candidates since he still doesn't have anything that can used to get them to help (though that giant whale will probably change that}
Jul 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
Smudy said:
Fai said:
Welp. Congrats ReZero you ruined me Gojira's Flying Whales now.

The problem with this show is that the author touts this as the supposed "deconstruction" of LNs, but there's not really any deconstruction going on. The author is just a creepy and sick sadist who enjoys making his character go through hell, but the story still has the same tropes that all LNs have and same otaku pandering, just with a whole lot more tasteless and gross edgy gore.

This is no longer the show I signed up for.

I started ReZero because it had a likeable, SMART, and realistic protagonist being transported into interesting lore full of political manipulations, mysteries and great lore. I started ReZero because it showed such an MC working it through the problems via brain less than brawn and we saw him figure out things and solve things without pointless asspulling. I started it and loved it because the show could build tension without cheap gores and create stakes without gross edgy Jigsaw level of perversion. It was an interesting world full of mystery that Subaru was transported to and I could not wait to see him figure out what the hell is going on, as well as to see the whole political play in royal candidacy.

None of that is here now.

Somewhere along the way, the author seems to have forgotten what coherence is or what kind of story it is and just delved headfirst into sadistic torture being thrown into the characters. Because, since the MC can rewind time, you can surprise your viewers with gory and triggering shit, because you can hadnwave it seconds away. So everything can be shocking cliffhanger! Because none of that will end up mattering. So now you can have gross and disgusting ways for MC to die and the edgier audience will eat that up shouting the usual phrases of DECONSTRUCTION, SUBVERSION, blah blah, and other words that Madoka for some reason popularized.

But the show is not really doing a deconstruction. Nor is it delivering on the original premise I fell in love with.

It feels like author abandoned any semblance of interesting and mature story or sake of cheap thrills and shocking gory deaths, so it can sell and the viewers can be pandered to and kept with the show via countless cliffhangers and dark events.

But it is not a deconstruction.

It does not deconstruct. It does not change anything, except making Subaru an unlikeable jerk at times and changing the levels of IQ for various characters so the author can deliver "TEH MAXIMUM SUFFERING(tm)".

This show abandoned all the interesting lore, all the interesting mystery and all the elements that made Subaru likeable and realistic, thus turning him into an anti-stu. The show abandoned all of that for sake of becoming an embodiment of the "SUFFERING!" Meme. While still keeping cringy ln tropes in it.

So I am out. The show has warped into a weird sadistic thing created by a sick an twisted author who just wants suffering and edge instead of coherence and good storytelling. Its as if you start watching something like Lord of the Rings and then suddenly it morphs into cheap horror stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Saw.

Yet MC still will end up following same path via same waifu filled LN tropes, except he will win via SUFFERING(tm) instead of fighting.

I might pick up show again when it is finished and I can just skip all the episodes and scenes that make my stomach turn and cause me panic attacks. But right now I think I am content with just watching Alderamin on The Sky that season - at least that seems to be an actual adaptation of Ln that IS interested in doing things differently from other LNs and delivering things that ReZero forgot for sake of cheap gore.

Its sad to see the show drop the ball so hard after brilliant well directed 11 episodes. It is still VERY well directed and I am sure it evokes all the things the author wanted it to. It is sure as hell not the worst thing in this season, but it is no longer the show I fell in love with and the writing is nowhere near as good as first 11 episodes and I can't handle the gross shit this show now throws at the viewer for sake of cheap shocks.

Dropped.

2/5

Finally. You won't be missed.

Took the words right outta of my mouth.
Jul 17, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2016
Im kind of upset with Subaru for not milking the "Metia" Cellphone more
Jul 17, 2016 12:27 PM

Dec 2008
2 much 4 me... next ep plox...
Jul 17, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2015
Fai said:
Welp. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XaaTqOICU]
-snip-

2/5

That right there was your downfall.
The show "I" signed up for.
You put expectations on the show and when it didn't take the direction you wanted you started lashing out at it.
Congratulations, you're no different from any other anime fan. Welcome to the mediocrity that you and I are apart of.

You went into this show with your standards of what /you/ consider good writing even though there are many forms of it and when it didn't perform as well as anime you're fond off, you bash it.

I bet you if Subaru just tackled every situation flawlessly such as Episode 13 and only was troubled via outside circumstances than his own then you would praise the show.
You say this isn't the Subaru you know. But you don't know the dude at all? I mean, barely any of the people here even know his backstory. Did it not come across to you, that maybe? Maybe this bad side of his that suddenly "showed up out of nowhere" in episode 13 had to deal with his life in the real world?

Can a character not have flaws that come from them instead of others?
I'm still perplexed how you called Subaru OOC when he was trying use his Shounen Protag wits to somehow win his favour in a political situation then Subaru is shocked that it doesnt work out here as well as it did in the mansion.

And to top it off. I feel this best sums up how you work.
You bashed the second Re:Zero Opening because it was "edgy". And you said you preferred the first Re:Zero Opening because the visuals reminded you of Steins;Gate. THERE YOU GO! Right there. "Reminded you of Steins;Gate" So you literally called the second opening pretentious and edgy just because it didn't have Steins;Gate like visuals

Re:Zero is giving you a good time at first as long as it takes the same direction your favorite anime takes. Re:Zero having similar development to Steins;Gate? GREAT! Re:Zero is great! Re:zero takes a different path from Steins;Gate? Bad! Horrendous writing!

Don't get me wrong, Fai. You're actually a pretty likeable person, but when it comes to conflict you're pretty stubborn. I really don't know what your beef is with this show anymore. At one point I seriously thought you were just salty because you were self-inserting with Subaru and when he didn't act how you would act you started bashing the entire show as a result.
YuzurynJul 17, 2016 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
Ahh, here we go. Time for Subaru to suffer more.

Mar 2010
Drake1000 said:
Why the heck is Subaru's phone still functional after so long lmao?

He's phone a flip-phone model which is battery powered. He doesn't at all so it still working isn't a surprise. It's only been a month in a half since he go to this world afterall.
Jul 17, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Subaru is trying his best to get people to help him.

That cliffhanger!
Jul 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
Subaru is pretty annoying

May 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode again however It's really hard for me to see Subaru like this, I can only feel pity for him now. It used to be so easy for me to root for him but now all he does is rage, shout and make all those unpleasant expressions which makes him just come off as obnoxious. I just hope there's a redemption for him sometime soon.

To be honest most of the candidates were right, Subaru is not negotiating he's just pleading for help and he's not even making a strong case, I guess the way he puts it just doesn't come off as genuine . I was actually quite surprised at how sharp Crusch was, She instantly picked up on the fact that Subaru never once said he wanted to 'Save Emilia' . He was even ready to lick Prisiclla's foot, There are times when you must swallow pride but that was just denigrating yourself into a degenerate. Subaru, Why you do this? :(

Anastasia played Subaru like a kid xD

Anyhow the important thing is that Subaru has now learnt what it means to negotiate (He did right?), Hopefully he can use this newfound knowledge in the future.
My favorite scene in the episode was actually getting all the merchants to help, At least one deal succeeded :D (Nothing can beat money I guess xD)

That whale at the end :O

Emilia ED was so cute <3

Exactly. This is why I'm loving this series for that aspect alone. Its hard to hate Subaru, because he is fucking up but he not fucking up. He is just ignorant to the way that world works and that's where his main problem is. In his mind if you ask for help you should get help, but it doesn't work like that. Especially when you asking rival candidates. With everything going on he doesn't have a chance to understand and explore this new world he is in, because shit just keep fucking up.

Like you said hopefully he takes the information he learns and uses it wisely. To keep dying and coming back isn't looking to great like the start of the anime.

May 2016
So some content was really removed from the anime, I hope white fox not change the story as much as Akame ga kill.
Jan 2013
The 15th episode (combined with previous progression) was so damn AWSM that it landed Re:Zero onto my top 10, and I never add an incomplete series onto top favorites.

Not sure how to feel about this 16th episode though ^^"

And goddammit where's my Emilia...

Jun 2015
Fai said:
MozillaFennekin said:

What exactly were you expecting, though? If that were really the case with the show, what would be the point of Return by Death?
I can understand your thoughts about the series, but they seem to be based on the wrong idea. This is more based on the consequences of the respawning, if anything.

I expected focus on Subaru figuring out things and learning things via trial and error.

Nothing in the first 11 episodes of the show ever hinted that it will be about him dying via gross and random ways and learning nothing, but getting dumber.

I don't really care about consequences of respawning. I expected smart uses for it and a protagonist that uses his brain. Like getting stuck in a murder mystery, being killed by the killer and then in next loop using the knowledge to figure out the culprit. That kind of things.

Like i compared in my post this is like watching Lord of the Rings and it suddenly goes texas chainsaw massacre in terms of tone and priorities. Or watching Legend of Galactic Heroes and it suddenly turns into Elfen Lied.

Its not what I liked about the show and the overall story is no longer moving forward, being stuck in a sadistic rut of delivering suffering and death.
He did learn through trial and error, which is how he got through the first two arcs. But it's had the wrong effect on him personally, because he thinks he's the main character of a fantasy adventure... which is certainly frustrating, but then you have the supporting cast letting him know how much of an idiot he is. It's really all you can expect from a shitty NEET who got trapped in a fantasy world.

And I mean, it's not like the first two arcs were kid-friendly material either, Subaru still died pretty brutally.
Jul 17, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
Was over way too fast. Hopefully Subaru learns from these failings next cycle.
Jul 17, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
OrangeJP said:

That's the point, he's not Bell or Kirito in that he is awesome and op and instantly gets women to like him. he's just like you or me that has no idea what to do with more and more revelations about the setting.
Jul 17, 2016 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
draco6 said:
So some content was really removed from the anime, I hope white fox not change the story as much as Akame ga kill.

It's likely the author wanted to remove things he probably wasn't happy with when he first wrote this arc.
Jul 17, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2015
Everyone but Rem and Beatrice are scum, assholes, bitches.....holy fuck I hate everyone. Motherfuckers.

Wtf that whale at the end, more despair.

Another 11/10 episode
XenocrisiJul 17, 2016 12:44 PM
Jul 17, 2016 12:35 PM
Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
Drake1000 said:
Why the heck is Subaru's phone still functional after so long lmao?

He's phone a flip-phone model which is battery powered. He doesn't at all so it still working isn't a surprise. It's only been a month in a half since he go to this world afterall.

Stop skipping words dude, you're incomprehensible.
So what if it's battery powered? They have the means to recharge the battery in this "Isekai", that's very weird.
Jul 17, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Kinda glad they took out the spoon.

I mean, a spoon? Not sure how that could be intimidating unless you threatened to use it on someone's eyeballs.

I welcome the change they did. If they wanted they could have used a knife instead or something
Jul 17, 2016 12:37 PM
Mar 2011
AsuraDestructor said:
OrangeJP said:

That's the point, he's not Bell or Kirito in that he is awesome and op and instantly gets women to like him. he's just like you or me that has no idea what to do with more and more revelations about the setting.

But dose he know NOTHING about tech from his old world?! Has this person even gone to school at any level? I am thinking Subaru is some how handicapped.
Jun 2016
Uhh i guess I'll need to rewatch ep 14, because i have no memories of them mentioning or hinting anything about a whale... For me i Thought it was the Dragon instead, shame on me :(

But this being appereance it means things will heat up once again? I hope so.

Oct 2014
To be honest, Subaru just glaring with even more ferocity then in the light novel is far less silly then him trying to be threatening people with a spoon.
Jul 17, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2011
there wasn't much happening this episode, and it seems they're all going to die by the fog whale
wonder why otto forgot about the other carriage man, maybe who gets eaten by the whale also gets forgotten?

that ending, with it's small emilia's squares becoming even smaller

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Apr 2013
God this was painful to watch, how much longer will we continue to see subaru humiliated like this? I mean I understand why they refused him and all but still this is just hard to watch especially his disgusting attempt to licking that bitch's feet. Hopefully he learns from his next reboot because I don't think I can stomach another episode of him groveling like that.
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm getting the impression that half of the MAL community doesn't get this anime. *facepalm*

Been pandered too much by your picture perfect MC's, too blind to get the writing of this series.

Jan 2013
of course, everyone must be an asshole. Being Subaru is suffering. But I doubt it will be much of the issue when plot required it.

Annoyance intensifies!
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.

Oct 2014
Jski said:
AsuraDestructor said:

But dose he know NOTHING about tech from his old world?! Has this person even gone to school at any level? I am thinking Subaru is some how handicapped.

He's a NEET, that's why. He's not handicapped, he just thinks he's a hero in a fantasy world like SAO or the like, when the show continues to point out that he isn't.
Jul 17, 2016 12:39 PM
Apr 2014
AsuraDestructor said:
To be honest, Subaru just glaring with even more ferocity then in the light novel is far less silly then him trying to be threatening people with a spoon.

I think it's too bad they skipped it, Subaru threatning people with a spoon symbolizes his pathetic character perfectly.
Jul 17, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2007
MozillaFennekin said:
Fai said:

I expected focus on Subaru figuring out things and learning things via trial and error.

Nothing in the first 11 episodes of the show ever hinted that it will be about him dying via gross and random ways and learning nothing, but getting dumber.

I don't really care about consequences of respawning. I expected smart uses for it and a protagonist that uses his brain. Like getting stuck in a murder mystery, being killed by the killer and then in next loop using the knowledge to figure out the culprit. That kind of things.

Like i compared in my post this is like watching Lord of the Rings and it suddenly goes texas chainsaw massacre in terms of tone and priorities. Or watching Legend of Galactic Heroes and it suddenly turns into Elfen Lied.

Its not what I liked about the show and the overall story is no longer moving forward, being stuck in a sadistic rut of delivering suffering and death.
He did learn through trial and error, which is how he got through the first two arcs. But it's had the wrong effect on him personally, because he thinks he's the main character of a fantasy adventure... which is certainly frustrating, but then you have the supporting cast letting him know how much of an idiot he is. It's really all you can expect from a shitty NEET who got trapped in a fantasy world.

And I mean, it's not like the first two arcs were kid-friendly material either, Subaru still died pretty brutally.

He learned a lot in first two arcs but then he forgot it all, to the point of hte show making him contradict his own actions and what he learned in order to make his situation worse. And now he seems to be stuck in not learning anything and the story actually alters characters and situations to dick him over for maximum suffering. No good directing can prevent that.

He did die brutally but the brutality was never the focus - look at his second death in the mansion - We did not see a bit of death, even though that was one of the most brutal ways to die for him. It was all about his terror and giving him clues that he would use next time to solve it. It was part of situation but the gore was not the focus.

Now it is all about eye licking, bone twisting panic attack inducing nonsense. Oh and giant whales out of nowhere. VERY different level of gore and focus is all on the actual gore. The show before used the death as a consequences of his mistakes, but it was never the focus. The focus was what Subaru does with what he learned. Now the show REVELS in suffering and despair it can cause to Subaru.
Jul 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2015
I kind of lost my respect for Crusch... I mean I understand the whole 'nothing to gain' and the distrust in Subaru but she's still allowing innocent people to die. A ruler should not view their peoples' lives like that. I'm very pissed on Subaru's behalf.
Jul 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2014
Antearion said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Exactly. This is why I'm loving this series for that aspect alone. Its hard to hate Subaru, because he is fucking up but he not fucking up. He is just ignorant to the way that world works and that's where his main problem is. In his mind if you ask for help you should get help, but it doesn't work like that. Especially when you asking rival candidates. With everything going on he doesn't have a chance to understand and explore this new world he is in, because shit just keep fucking up.

Like you said hopefully he takes the information he learns and uses it wisely. To keep dying and coming back isn't looking to great like the start of the anime.

Agreed, To me it seems like he seems to have a very idealistic interpretation of help. As you said, If he asks for it he needs to get it, Kinda naive in a way. He's just been put in one scenario after the other and has had no time to adapt to the new world where politics is as crude as our own. Which is why I'm very interested in Subaru's backstory, It's sort of hard to imagine how an extroverted personality like Subaru became a shut-in, There has to be some kind of reason behind why he seems to have a very quixotic view of 'help' and also why he seems to have a kind of obsession with saving Emilia. Even during his argument with her he specifically mentions that she was the only one who 'helped' him and that's where his whole obsession with wanting to help her started. Though I might just be overthinking things here xD

And yeah, He better learn to use what he's learnt. Can't keep resetting.
Jul 17, 2016 12:43 PM
May 2016
Fai said:
Welp. Congrats ReZero you ruined me Gojira's Flying Whales now.

The problem with this show is that the author touts this as the supposed "deconstruction" of LNs, but there's not really any deconstruction going on. The author is just a creepy and sick sadist who enjoys making his character go through hell, but the story still has the same tropes that all LNs have and same otaku pandering, just with a whole lot more tasteless and gross edgy gore.

I started ReZero because it had a likeable, SMART, and realistic protagonist being transported into interesting lore full of political manipulations, mysteries and great lore. I started ReZero because it showed such an MC working it through the problems via brain less than brawn and we saw him figure out things and solve things without pointless asspulling. I started it and loved it because the show could build tension without cheap gores and create stakes without gross edgy Jigsaw level of perversion. It was an interesting world full of mystery that Subaru was transported to and I could not wait to see him figure out what the hell is going on, as well as to see the whole political play in royal candidacy.

None of that is here now.

Somewhere along the way, the author seems to have forgotten what coherence is or what kind of story it is and just delved headfirst into sadistic torture being thrown into the characters. Because, since the MC can rewind time, you can surprise your viewers with gory and triggering shit, because you can hadnwave it seconds away. So everything can be shocking cliffhanger! Because none of that will end up mattering. So now you can have gross and disgusting ways for MC to die and the edgier audience will eat that up shouting the usual phrases of DECONSTRUCTION, SUBVERSION, blah blah, and other words that Madoka for some reason popularized.

But the show is not really doing a deconstruction. Nor is it delivering on the original premise I fell in love with.

It feels like author abandoned any semblance of interesting and mature story or sake of cheap thrills and shocking gory deaths, so it can sell and the viewers can be pandered to and kept with the show via countless cliffhangers and dark events.

But it is not a deconstruction.

It does not deconstruct. It does not change anything, except making Subaru an unlikeable jerk at times and changing the levels of IQ for various characters so the author can deliver "TEH MAXIMUM SUFFERING(tm)". Like in this episode where the author literally makes all the candidates be literally dumb hitler just so he can put Emilia on a pedestal. Oh and lets make Subaru dumb and unable to convince people suddenly because we need teh suffering guyse. How is this the same dude who negotiated with the apple seller in EP1 is beyond me.

This show abandoned all the interesting lore, all the interesting mystery and all the elements that made Subaru likeable and realistic, thus turning him into an anti-stu. The show abandoned all of that for sake of becoming an embodiment of the "SUFFERING!" Meme. While still keeping cringy ln tropes in it.

So I am out. The show has warped into a weird sadistic thing created by a sick an twisted author who just wants suffering and edge instead of coherence and good storytelling. Its as if you start watching something like Lord of the Rings and then suddenly it morphs into cheap horror stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Saw. And then lets morph it into some horror movie with giant sea monsters.

Yet MC still will end up following same path via same waifu filled LN tropes, except he will win via SUFFERING(tm) instead of fighting.

I might pick up show again when it is finished and I can just skip all the episodes and scenes that make my stomach turn and cause me panic attacks.Barely anything of importance is happening. In fact all we had for last 4 or so episodes was Subaru's SUFFERING(Tm) and him being an idiot. No plot progression, no lore, no politics, none that I liked about the show. This is Arc2 all over again in that it drags for dozen episodes, except ARc2 had likeable Subaru and interesting lore and mystery. But right now I think I am content with just watching Alderamin on The Sky this season - at least that seems to be an actual adaptation of Ln that IS interested in doing things differently from other LNs and delivering things that ReZero forgot for sake of cheap gore.

Its sad to see the show drop the ball so hard after brilliant well directed 11 episodes. It is still VERY well directed and I am sure it evokes all the things the author wanted it to. It is sure as hell not the worst thing in this season, but it is no longer the show I fell in love with and the writing is nowhere near as good as first 11 episodes and I can't handle the gross shit this show now throws at the viewer for sake of cheap shocks.

Dropped.

2/5

Hey guys! The retarded moron troll with no taste finally left! Let's fuckin celebrate! This thread wont be too cancerous anymore! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Jul 17, 2016 12:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Angry_Always said:
I kind of lost my respect for Crusch... I mean I understand the whole 'nothing to gain' and the distrust in Subaru but she's still allowing innocent people to die. A ruler should not view their peoples' lives like that. I'm very pissed on Subaru's behalf.

She has no reason to give in, she has the royal selection to focus on. Meanwhile, an enraged guy comes to her and says, the witch cult will attack with no proof to back it up. You have to feel for Subaru, but she isn't wrong.
Jul 17, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
subaru was totall joke in this episode "giving me ep 13 deja-vu " there no writer in my memory made his MC a big joke

subaru have his rage and emotion controlling him he need to chill and think in proper way ,no one will listen to you if you keep saying "i want , i want , i want " and no one will know what you been through

anyway this ep conformed the candidates are bunch of bitches , like really the blonde and purple hair are totally bitches , i still think he could had Crush on his side if he used his mind
Jul 17, 2016 12:45 PM
Mar 2011
AsuraDestructor said:
Jski said:

He's a NEET, that's why. He's not handicapped, he just thinks he's a hero in a fantasy world like SAO or the like, when the show continues to point out that he isn't.

Every one thinks there a hero its not a NEET only thing has he not gone to school at any level just knowing small things like popular songs from a different places will get you far. Even tails of tech and some what understanding how they work will go a long way. Its one thing to be a NEET but Subaru seems to know NOTHING about his old world.
Oct 2010
Jski said:
AsuraDestructor said:

He didn't even finish high school (he got sucked in before he could), he was a shut in and he has no real skills (as far as I know).

He was also pulled into the other world with nothing but his cell phone and groceries, sure he knows OF tech from his world, but does he know how to make it or how it works? He's no engineer, he isn't a genius and he doesn't have enough of it to allow someone who could probably figure it out, to do so.

Subaru's inexperience with everything, from social interaction to emotional control to education is what is being portrayed here. The idea is that he isn't some perfect kirito or mahouka type protagonist who has the answer to every problem, he isn't the most powerful character and he isn't always able to save the day while pleasing everyone. No, he is being portrayed how an uneducated, inexperienced loser shut in would be if they were dropped into a world where they would be forced to fend for themselves and be forced to interact with others.

Jul 2014
subaru is still a mad guy tho the only reason rem follow him is because she is blindly in love with him
Jul 17, 2016 12:46 PM
Sep 2015
At least (and at last) I saw Subaru smiling in this episode.

It was at the ED buuuut it doesn't matter, he was smiling. It made me a bit sad tho, beacuse made me think when was the last time I saw him smile.
Jul 17, 2016 12:46 PM

Jan 2016
SixPistols said:
You guys are making the pages way longer than they need to be.

Its mostly Fai lmao every week
Jul 17, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
Devil_Slayer said:
He should just ask rinehart help instead of begin these bitches for help

and the way he was asking them as well was wrong , man this MC really isn't clever at all he need some brain cells instead of

It was already addressed in the episode, Reinhart was away
Jul 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
Smudy said:
Angry_Always said:

She has no reason to give in, she has the royal selection to focus on. Meanwhile, an enraged guy comes to her and says, the witch cult will attack with no proof to back it up. You have to feel for Subaru, but she isn't wrong.

True, I suppose, the attack isn't confirmed. I still think a potential ruler should try to help the people but I suppose you're right. I do feel for Subaru, every candidate treated him like either a piece of shit or a simple fool in this episode :/

His attitude isn't helping but he has really been dealt a bad deal when it comes to the people he's stuck with and the situations that keep coming up. Then there's that fucking whale.

..awoooga.

Jul 2007
_Hans_ said:
SixPistols said:
You guys are making the pages way longer than they need to be.

Its mostly Fai lmao every week

My post is perfectly fine. ITs the same trolls that feel the need to quote it with a witty(not really witty) insult(that adds nothing to discussion at hand) every two posts that are the problem.
Jun 2015
Best episode so far.
Jul 17, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
Some people are missing the point of this whole arc. It's meant to to show Subaru at his lowest point. You're not supposed to like him for the most part. Keep in mind this is one part of a much larger story. Other arcs will be different and will the way Subaru acts.

I found Subaru hard to watch this episode, the candidates are mostly douchebags but he needs to wise up fast.
CrashmattJul 17, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 17, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
imao

does everyone really need's to be d!ck to subaru ? some time's i feel his suffering andinsult are forced since this arc i feel the writer just try to turn the whole world on subaru , what next rem turn on him ?
Jul 17, 2016 12:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seriously, at this point, the explanations for all the characters intentions need to be in a pinned post here. This isn't nice to watch here.
Jul 17, 2016 12:53 PM
Dec 2015
Devil_Slayer said:
He should just ask rinehart help instead of begin these bitches for help

and the way he was asking them as well was wrong , man this MC really isn't clever at all he need some brain cells instead of

Did you even watch the episode properly? Reinhard is out of the fucking capital.
Jul 17, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
Perhaps Subaru thought everyone was like Emilia, who in arc 1 helps him (and the child) while not getting anything in return, rather apparently wasting time.
But it's not that simple. Poor guy. But I am sure he will understand.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.