Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 9:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things aren't going well between Tamarai and Kariu. Lol, Kaizaki thinks he's helping Oga and Kariu by leaving them along. Things got tense between the two though.

Hishiro comes over to Kaizaki house. Lol, that's the second surprise appearance he got from his friends. At least he's not drinking and smoking today. LMAO at the message Kaizaki got from Onoya. It's nice to know more about Hishiro's past, and how Kaizaki and her are similar. And we get to know what happened to Kaizaki's senpai.

It's good that Inukai decided to make Kariu listen to what Tamarai's saying to Kaizaki and Hishiro.

Jul 1, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
Well that's pretty much guessed, considering Rena's personality. And Oga, he may be a wimpy but I salute him for being that much considerate.
I guess the bullying effect of Arata's senior is the worst during that conversation with Chizuru.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
You can tell Kaizaki is distraught by what happened to his senpai, I am curious to see the outcome.

Glad to see more of Hishiro this episode
Jul 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
...another amazing episode.
I wonder what's happened to Kaizaki's Senpai, suicide?

This could be even AOTS
Jul 1, 2016 4:39 PM

May 2015
It was awesome seeing that both Kaizaki and Hishiro had a senpai that was bullied. It gives them something to connect about. Though I'm curious what happened to Kaizaki's senpai. And it seems like thanks to Inukai, Kariu and Tamarai might be able to solve their problem.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 1, 2016 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
It was nice to see a bit more of Kaizaki's past. Seems like his senpai committed suicide, most likely by hanging herself. That's why he grabs his throat.

Hopefully the problem between Tamarai and Kariu will be solved next episode.
Jul 1, 2016 5:01 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Anime low point episode for me. Kindergarten bully boy dragging wounded red head around with a bad ankle? Big hero buddy just knuckles under with an "okay...we be quiet boss man". The macho flowed like wine or more like the tears in the last episode. Crazy feels train is on the wrong track and headed for station platform at this rate. Still watching and still thinking this is better than the manga.
Jul 1, 2016 5:55 PM

Jul 2015
I'm not a fan of Honoka's childhood friend. I get that he's overprotective but there's no need to drag someone with a sprain that forcefully. I don't really care if this makes them friends again, he just worsen her sprain. So far, he's the only character I dislike. Hopefully he won't make much of an appearance in the show or the manga (which I plan on reading).
Jul 1, 2016 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
Not sure I feel about the background storytelling of this so far.

Tamarai and Kariu's relationship is still something I find quite interesting with the way it's been going.
Jul 1, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode with a major reveal.
Lots of drama.
Jul 1, 2016 7:16 PM

Jul 2012
Its nice to see Hishiro develop a bit. And hopefully things between Kariu and Tamarai's relationship gets resolved soon since it's kinda eh to me. It's also quite surprising to hear about Kaizaki's senpai
Jul 1, 2016 9:33 PM

Dec 2014
ok things were awkward. in this episode.. finally the quiet girl takes action
Jul 2, 2016 12:13 AM

Jan 2012
Catalyze said:
Anime low point episode for me. Kindergarten bully boy dragging wounded red head around with a bad ankle?

Right? Seriously, fuck that asshole. Hug aside this was an astoundingly bland episode.
Jul 2, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
Hishiro's reaction when Kaizaki asked her why she didn't call him instead was hilarious xD
So Kaizaki's senpai killed herself?:o
I liked the little convo between Hishiro and Kaizaki, That fighto! was great :D
Nice to see Hishiro showing some development in concern for others.

Can't believe Inukai dragged Rena all the way even though she's hurt.
Jul 2, 2016 4:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kaizaki's senpai suicided? Oh my fuck, his reaction made me get goosebumps, he is still clearly shaken to this day when this is being brought up. His connection to Hishiro grows stronger.

The supports are awesome seriously.

Rena needs to get a reality check now.
Jul 2, 2016 9:30 PM

Sep 2015
Wow so that's why he quit his job only three months in, that REALLY sucks. Hopefully he can heal, interesting place to stop the episode. I wonder if she'll forgive her
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 3, 2016 12:44 AM

May 2010
"Tamarai-san, you look a little ugly today" lmao this girl and her choice of words
I can't believe Tamarai played along with her

Fight on! Kaizaki's senpai committed suicide (?) That's quite a trauma he's dealing with...

This episode had one of the best ending songs so far!
Jul 3, 2016 3:29 AM

Sep 2013
Yes! A lot more Hishiro today! I enjoy her awkward social skills and near robotic mindset. Definitely the most entertaining girl IMO. Good guy Kaizaki leaves Kariu and Oga alone, definitely a good wing man.

I don't feel bad for Kariu at all with the way she acts and her self-pity. Definitely the cunt of the season thus far.

We get to know more about Kaizaki's past before the ReLife project. It seems pretty tragic with the way he is acting. It was quite sad when he had a brief mental breakdown by hugging Hishiro and apologizing to her after re-hashing his past mistakes.

That Onoya text to Kaizaki about Hishiro and him being alone was great while she and Yoake listens on the other side.

I almost thought Akira, one of Honoka's friend and voice of Sasuke Uchiha, was seriously going to hit Kariu with a Chidori for being a stubborn jerk. I realized I'm in the wrong series and was sadden to see that Kariu won't get Uchiha'd.

Kaizaki x Hishiro, I ship the hell out of that.

4/5
TehSnawnJul 3, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 3, 2016 5:14 AM

May 2015
Holy crap.... What was with Kaizaki's short, dark, flashback? That makes me really curious as on what happened to his senpai.... Could that be suicide? Damn, that short moment was really intense as fuck.

Fantastic episode.

Jul 3, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
What happened to his senpai? Suicide seems the most logic reason. Hopefully we can get enlightenment on that. Anyway, his reaction was totally schocking. Did not imagine to see a Kaizaki in this conditions.

Again a very good episode.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jul 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
that Ed is awesome and seriously Kariu is such a drama queen
AxelucardJul 3, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 3, 2016 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
I believe his senpai committed suicide. It's quite common in Japan and South Korea because of their societal pressure. Also both the Japanese and South Korean society are quite sexist. When they see a woman working hard and being successful in an office setting, they think she doesn't belong there and will, in most situations, bully her until she resigns since firing someone who works for a public company is almost impossible. That's why a lot of people strive to become public servants since it's one of the most stable jobs in their society.

Of course, not everyone in their society is sexist or wants to follow their conventional way of thinking or work ethics but they're most often than not, shunned by the rest of society who thinks it's too troublesome to change what they've gotten used to for so many years. They recognize that their society puts too much pressure on people but they're not willing to change it, mostly the older people.

I like how this series is tackling real workplace and societal issues that many people in these countries face. Bullying, segregation and competition can happen as early as elementary school and still follow you into the workplace, long after you graduate. It's a never-ending cycle of competition and pressure.
臭い-
Jul 3, 2016 9:08 PM

Apr 2014
Xenocrisi said:
I wonder what's happened to Kaizaki's Senpai, suicide?
This was my guess, I thought she also looked like she could be the girls mom.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 4, 2016 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
Karui & Honoka are both avoiding each other. This is not good. They really need to talk it out.

Haha Hishiro showing up at Kaizaki's place out of the blue as well as Yoake & Onoya listening in.
Sad that both of them saw someone they knew get bullied & where unable to help them.
Did Kaizaki's senpai commit suicide or something? That would be tragic.

Looks like both of them needed a hug.
That "Fight On" was so cute & unexpected.

Nice ED song.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 5, 2016 3:15 AM

Nov 2015
Maybe Kaizaki's senpai killed herself. Seriously that Asaji guy dragging Rena like this.

Jul 6, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, while her character is relatable in a sense, it does seem like all the drama in the series happens because of Rena
Jul 6, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2014
The ending song sounds even better live. :)
Jul 7, 2016 5:17 AM

Jul 2009
Rena is hard to deal with, I get she is angry, but she didn't need to treat Tama that way.
Arata's work female friend killed herself? I was thinking that she was Chizuru...
Jul 7, 2016 8:19 AM

May 2012
Damn what a backstory and an end! Really getting a bit depressing, but well let's see what's next.
Jul 7, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Fucking rough for Kaizaki to find his Senpai hanging there. I feel for this dude with every episode. I can see myself in shoes quite a lot in this anime.

That embrace with Hishiro though...awesome.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 7, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2015
really like how they presented the negative things/events which is happening in society in highschool.

"bullies or something more worse than that, anything else, you need to bear with it and keep standing" i think this is one of the things which this episode is trying to tell us.

but not all of people can hold it, bear with it. not all of people can do that nor even all of people are the same. so i think it's not on personality problem but it's on society problem which need to be change rather than chaing a person personality into a good one cause i think to do something like that is almost impossible. for another people to intentionally change other's people personality is almost impossible. it's only naturally done by themselve unintentionally. that's what i think.

let's put that aside, great episode overall.
seriously, tbh, i feel bad for Kariu for getting reck for many times moreover with her personality.....i kinda know the feel when you hate yourself for did something that you regreted. i know that feeling very well since i have experienced it too. jealousy, hate, a thought to do somthing bad to another person, selfis, and easly give up, that is all of the things which presented in Kairu's personality from the very beginning. the biggest thing of all is obviously jealouly. always become the core of it. always.

and about Kaizaki's past, about his senpai, did she kill herself ? suicide ? man that's is kinda......i feel bad for him if that is really the case. giving up of everything with killing herself because she can't stand it anymore. really potray the society well. probably that is the proof that people can't leave alone in this world. it's really rare to find a person who can stand that kind of suffering mentally and personally. i would probably ain't even called them a human too. i don't know if this kind of shit is still happening ONLY in japan of maybe outside of japan too, but either way, this kind of society needs to be changed into a new one.

i really like the fact that the author didn't forget about the neet problems until this far. cause probably, if this kind of story got popular, the story would focused more on the school life and never give a fuck with the neet problem. so i really like that the author still remember the neet probelm from the beginning. and even connected it with the school life.

looking foward for the next episode.

Edit: i forgot to say that Hishiro just personally changed in this episode xD i like that :D
YizelTroJul 7, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 8, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2015
LOL at Kariu finally realizing to herself that she's a short-tempered and utterly incomprehensible bitch to her friends, took you like gazillion of manga chapters or decade of episodes to notice that huh but great for her to have such considering friends though.

Hishiro's "fight on!" was adorable.

+1 to this, this scene just made me scream like a bitch for a whole 10 secs, she really is so cute. In fairness Hishiro's slowly improving her social life being worried about her friends like that, and for Kaizaki to broke down for a sec remembering his past about her senpai deym I like what the show is trying to tell us about the sad truth about bullying these days since I can definitely relate from this being experienced that kind of shot firsthand since my middle school days, and that you had to have that mindset that you had to put up with it to prevent it from getting which parallels to the saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger mindset but problem with this is that every "strength" you have has a breakpoint that will soon reach there if you'll continue to keep up with that farce which makes yourself lose control of yourself and another sad truth about this is that you definitely can't stop bullying even with all the sermons and campaigns about it, there will be another time that it will hit a certain person again where people don't notice and the cycle continues.
MizunashiJul 8, 2016 8:32 AM
Jul 8, 2016 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
"I'm starting to hate myself."

Yeah, we're starting to hate you, too. Get over yourself, bitch.

Jul 9, 2016 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
There's a fair amount of eavesdropping going on in this anime..
Jul 9, 2016 7:03 AM
Dec 2009
I'm glad we finally got to see a little bit of Kaizaki's past and why he has been having issues holding a job. Still not interested in the volleyball team drama though, feels like they're dragging out the main story.
Jul 9, 2016 4:32 PM
May 2015
It becomes pretty annoying this volley drama story...
Jul 9, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2015
Wow wonder what happened to Kaizaki's senpai? Hope we find out
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2016 8:23 PM
Jun 2013
Man that Inukai will probably end up being a misadjusted adult who only believes he is right. That aside, Kaizaki's senpai did commit suicide via hanging, it is heavily implied in him holding his throat (Also it is more clearly stated in the manga)
Jul 9, 2016 9:45 PM

May 2015
Santoryu_XBurner said:

That "Fight On" was so cute & unexpected.

Nice ED song.
This...

ouriel said:
The ending song sounds even better live. :)
OMG Thanks for posting this... You are awesome!
Jul 10, 2016 4:13 AM

Jan 2016
ReLIFE has been balancing adulthood and childhood themes pretty well
"friends acting weird help" LMAO
Jul 10, 2016 4:35 PM

Jun 2016
Remember when Yoake mentioned that people like these have deep-rooted traumas? This is gotta be it.
(Sorry if this is obvious, I just thought that if anyone forgot, this could help understand a bit more about the series.)
- Total victory is scoring an easy win by doing what you always do -
Karma Akabane
Jul 10, 2016 9:06 PM

Oct 2012
I could not breathe well and felt a ton of blood rising to my head, like my throat was blocked when Kaizaki had his flashback.

Man, that was really effective. Crazy how this was not only able to make me feel sympathetic, but also induce a physical reaction as well.
Jul 11, 2016 10:53 PM

Sep 2013
Fight On! heeheeheehee.....I love it!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 12, 2016 4:05 AM

Feb 2014
-Trippwire- said:
"I'm starting to hate myself."

Yeah, we're starting to hate you, too. Get over yourself, bitch.

I'd like to say I didn't laugh at this...
Jul 12, 2016 1:10 PM
Feb 2015
About Kaizaki's senpai
Jul 17, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2010
mr_sam21 said:
About Kaizaki's senpai

Thank you, I was wondering did I get the right idea

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 1:31 PM
Feb 2015
yoite- said:
mr_sam21 said:
About Kaizaki's senpai

Yeah I agree it went really dark. What made it more sad for me was on the ending song where he was drinking with her and she started to fade away..
Jul 17, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2010
mr_sam21 said:
yoite- said:

Yeah I agree it went really dark. What made it more sad for me was on the ending song where he was drinking with her and she started to fade away..

Oh, now I need to watch that. I rarely watch opening and enging songs. T__T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2016 3:24 AM
Feb 2015
yoite- said:
mr_sam21 said:

Oh, now I need to watch that. I rarely watch opening and enging songs. T__T

I really suggest you do because you can miss really heart warming/breaking things on the edings in many anime , like in this case
Jul 20, 2016 2:01 PM

Nov 2015

I'll say it, this episode confused me!
All those Arata's flashbacks and An looking from afar, and Yoake and An listening and talking... God.. this is confusing! But it's good! I like it!

Wow, the scene when Arata got nervous because of Chizuru, and then Yoake and An listening xD Amazing.

PD: Damn it Arata, again acting like you are 50 with that "This old man is going to leave you two alone". That makes me think on how Japan values the age of people... come on, 27 is not old AT ALL but I'm starting to think Japan seriously have issues with age.
HumbertoZeroJul 20, 2016 2:12 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.