Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2015
So I looked through some of the trailer.

I see early model Panzer III. A amphibious landings by the Germans. The landing area have grass.
And trailer say it takes place in 1940. The witch seems to be holding a Boys rifle.

In real life Germany never conducted any major or real noteworthy amphibious assaults. The one that was planned took place in 1940.
Operation Sealion.

What I suspect the plot to be is that German won the Battle of Britain and achieved air superiority. Might even be air supremacy.
they then begin Operation Sealion, the land invasion of Britain should they not surrender.

The last witch in the world who is probably going to be staying/living in Britain goes out to fight and help fend of the Germans with her trusty Boys rifle :D

What do you guys think the plot will be about?
Jul 9, 2016 2:43 AM

Mar 2010
Sounds legit :x

Given that she's wearing what appears to be a hospital/patient's gown in the PV, my guess would be she escapes from the Germans and helps fight them off while flying around on a gun-broom XD

^^ already added to "Plan to Watch"
Jul 9, 2016 3:57 AM
Jul 2016
Just a few corrections, I'm pretty sure the rifle shes holding (riding) is the russian PTRS-41, the MK-1 boys and PTRS do have similar muzzle breaks but the boys has a top loading magazine, also i believe that the scene in the trailer is the invasion of France as the scene in the trailer shows the soldiers manning the anti aircraft weapons and their helmets are pretty distinctive and the year adds further to this theory.
Jul 10, 2016 2:26 PM

Sep 2015
Yes the crew do look French. And I suspect it to include the Invasion of France. But I believe that it is likely to be France then Britain. Britain being the main focus of the plot.

The clip of her with the rifle was short so I only caught a glimpse of it. It seems like the Boys rifle. I'll go look at it again though.

EDIT: Yes you are right it is a PTSR-41
It also seems to be empty when she's riding down from it. Also appears her plane blew up.
So maybe she was coming from the Soviet union and got shot down? She needed a broom to fly and survive? but only available thign was a PTSR? All speculations at this point.
War haven't started with the Soviets in 1940. It is also very unlikely it will anytime soon if operation Sealion commenced so they probably wouldn't of attacked USSR until UK was defeated.
Hitler only decided to concentrate on the East because Battle of Britain was lost and Sealion couldn't begin.
zcv45Jul 10, 2016 2:37 PM
Jul 24, 2016 8:45 AM
Jul 2016
Actually I don't see any amphibious landings. What I see are Ju-87s assaulting French AA positions lol.
There were no amphibious ships in the trailer, look closely.
This is not set in our world, but a alternate universe.
A translation from the official site:

"In 1939 C.E., the imperialist nation of Germania invaded a neighboring country. All at once, that war spread throughout Europe, and the era was dragged into a spiral of a great war.

Then, in 1940, Germania's attack turned towards the Principality of Elystadt, a small Alps country abundant with beautiful water and greenery."
Objective_ApplesJul 25, 2016 4:20 AM
Aug 6, 2016 8:21 AM

May 2014
Hopefully something gay
Aug 10, 2016 7:20 AM

Jan 2014
WrongPriest said:
Hopefully something gay
it better be... delicious redhead deserves it
Aug 11, 2016 9:47 PM

Oct 2014
Duskrender said:
Actually I don't see any amphibious landings. What I see are Ju-87s assaulting French AA positions lol.

"In 1939 C.E., the imperialist nation of Germania invaded a neighboring country. All at once, that war spread throughout Europe, and the era was dragged into a spiral of a great war.

Then, in 1940, Germania's attack turned towards the Principality of Elystadt, a small Alps country abundant with beautiful water and greenery."

This seems legit.

I expected all the theory above to have some part being true. Like alternate universe where Germania won Battle of Britain.
But main concentration will be Elystadt, which probably is a fantasy version of Liechtenstein
Aug 12, 2016 4:38 PM
Jul 2016
Well anyway I need more yuri in my life. I hope this one isn't full of gay-baiting.
Aug 22, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2015
Duskrender said:

Hmm ok... I don't knwo Japanese so it was based on the images.
But here is the amphibious landing I'm talking about

Highlighted area. Clearly blue. Water. And look at whath appears to be a sort of landing craft.

Even if the central plot isn't on it. There maybe something similar.
Maybe kind of like in Valkyria chronicles where the main war was else where and the story takes place at a secondary front.
Where in this case, Britain or their equivalent is the main front but the story takes place elsewhere.
Aug 23, 2016 7:37 PM
Jul 2016
zcv45 said:
Duskrender said:

Highlighted area. Clearly blue. Water. And look at whath appears to be a sort of landing craft.

Maybe kind of like in Valkyria chronicles where the main war was else where and the story takes place at a secondary front.
Where in this case, Britain or their equivalent is the main front but the story takes place elsewhere.

Oh I see. I thought you were talking about another part of the video. My bad. But yeah, I agree that it's set in a Valkyria-like universe.
Aug 25, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2015
aw damn, expected Hitler's magical girl forces

looking forward to this, regardless of the plot
Aug 26, 2016 10:39 AM
Apr 2014
Duskrender said:

After some googling, I thought that Elystadt refers to the Ely city in Cambridgeshire, England ("stadt" is apparently German for "city"). The only problem is that the Alps do not reach England, and that Elystadt is refered to as a "country".
Aug 31, 2016 10:29 PM

Jul 2014
zcv45 said:
Duskrender said:

No amphibious landing here, those "landing craft" in the back are Sd.Kfz. half track variants, likely 7s, 10s, or 11s. You're correct about the water, but if you look carefully you can see land on the far side of that water (indicating it's either a river or lake). Furthermore considering the focus is on an Alps country, an amphibious invasion makes little sense.

As for that Alps country, it's probably based on Switzerland. There were German plans in 1940 to invade Switzerland after all, plans seriously considered before Manstein convinced Hitler of an Ardennes offensive.
Sep 1, 2016 2:19 PM

Sep 2015
The top of those "halftracks" have these tube or turret looking things or snorkel. Sdkfz 9, 10 and 11 are open roof or canvas covering.
To me the front looks like a hull shape for a ramp to unload cargo or vehicles than the engine block of a halftrack.
The background land? Maybe islands or other like a lake. And land mass isn't perfectly straight it can curve around at certain areas.

I didn't say that it was a amphibious landing on the Alps. I said a landing on Britain though given the new information probably not anything vital to the focus of the story.

I said I can be wrong on this though I can't see them as halftracks.
zcv45Sep 1, 2016 2:22 PM
Sep 2, 2016 6:56 AM

Jun 2016
LoneWizard said:
WrongPriest said:
Hopefully something gay

everybody here - some deep WW2 analysis
me - will those two chicks kiss ??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2013
teagoner said:
LoneWizard said:

everybody here - some deep WW2 analysis
me - will those two chicks kiss ??

they are just 'friend'.
Sep 13, 2016 1:57 AM
Feb 2012
Looking at the possible plot and adding a bit of the past (ie. realism) to it, the show would be over in the first episode, overrun by "Germania".

lol finding creative writers these days sure is a hassle
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 17, 2016 12:02 PM
May 2015
The plot is probably going to be like Valkyria Chronicles because the synopsis sounds A LOT like Valkyria Chronicles. A small nation gets invaded by a powerful nation and the small nation manages to fight back.

Valkyria Chronicles's story:
-Atlantic Federation invades most of the neighboring countries (forgot the reason). They then turned their sights towards the Principality of Gallia for their huge amounts of "Ragnite Ore" (Their fuel) and Gallia (a small nation) manages to fight back.

See? Sounds really similar
TyrelSep 28, 2016 3:59 PM

Sep 17, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
zcv45 said:
So I looked through some of the trailer.

I see early model Panzer III. A amphibious landings by the Germans. The landing area have grass.
And trailer say it takes place in 1940. The witch seems to be holding a Boys rifle.

In real life Germany never conducted any major or real noteworthy amphibious assaults. The one that was planned took place in 1940.
Operation Sealion.

What I suspect the plot to be is that German won the Battle of Britain and achieved air superiority. Might even be air supremacy.
they then begin Operation Sealion, the land invasion of Britain should they not surrender.

The last witch in the world who is probably going to be staying/living in Britain goes out to fight and help fend of the Germans with her trusty Boys rifle :D

What do you guys think the plot will be about?

Sounds possible. It would be nice to make it that way (operation sealion)but without princesses or witches
Sep 19, 2016 11:19 PM

Aug 2016
Faederwulf said:
More anti-Nazi/anti-German propaganda? The anime industry is looking more like hollywood with every day...

It's not Hollywoods or the creators of this shows fault that the Nazi's wanted to systematically wipe out entire races and organised religions, conquer and violate the sovereignty of multiple countries all in the name of acquiring living space which would have resulted in the systematic widespread starvation and genocide of 10's of millions of people.

Honestly how else do you expect media to portray the nazis as? Honorable Germans who were forced into aggression by the dishonorable western allies? If portraying the nazis as the bad guys is propaganda then I guess the truth is full of nothing but lies and propaganda.
Sep 21, 2016 3:24 AM
Apr 2016
What do I see here? Another alternative history\ fantasy warfare aaaaaand a girl in a dress with a sniper rifle. Give me strenght to endure, oh world...
Re:formed
Sep 22, 2016 10:35 AM
Mar 2015
Looks like German Reich vs magical girls.
That can be either really good or complete trash.
Sep 22, 2016 4:58 PM

Mar 2014
I love a good dragging in the morn, thx Snow.
Sep 24, 2016 3:06 AM
Oct 2012
I feel like this anime is gonna blow all their animation in the first 2 episodes. then try to copy strike witches and girls un panzer.
Sep 25, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Hitler is a magician. The good guys stop him with more magic. Hopefully something gay as someone said.

Here's your plot.
Oct 2, 2016 2:32 PM

Dec 2015
Seems Switzerland is that Elsteyn and they aren't neutral. And the neutral country is Austria (which in the anime is called Westria or someething like that).

Then Poland got some other name. Also France (Thermistor or something like that.) And Germania vs. Brittania.
Oct 4, 2016 7:30 PM

Sep 2015
The plot is not very creative but not bad. Strong vs weak nation is done many times and copying history with not much of a twist isn't all to creative.
Referencing history is a different thing, or using history with a twist, alternate history etc. would be better. But we will see how this goes.

And I knew they were landing craft but you guys are also right that it is a lake.
Oct 22, 2016 10:03 AM
Feb 2009
Too bad noone involved in making this has seen a good war movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.