Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2016 11:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Anime Guild - Winter 2018 Review Event

It's the year 2018 now and somehow this thing is still running? Okay then.

If you have not participated in the Review Event before, it is basically an attempt at a combined club effort at reviewing as much as possible of the season's new anime together. All you need to do if you are interested in participating is to write a review (or several, there is no limit) for any of the seasonal shows and PM them to me either on MAL or Discord before the submission deadline, which for this season is the end of the month (March 31st), though this might be delayed a day or two if I deem it necessary later on, so you've got almost 3 more weeks to work with at the time of writing this. I will then publish a compilation of all the submissions at the end of the season. There are also no specifications regarding how you are supposed to write your review(s), it is all up to you.

You do not need to announce ahead of time what shows you are planning to review. However, if you want me to send out reminders to you in the coming weeks before the deadline, you'll need to at least say that you want to participate in this thread so that I know to add you to the list of people which I will send out reminders to later. Even if you don't sign up though, you're still welcome to submit reviews to me, providing that you can remember the deadline on your own.

As far as what series are eligible for the event, any anime that ends sometime during the Winter 2018 season is allowed. This also includes OVAs, specials, Fall leftovers etcetera, even hentai if you want. But on the flipside, any series that do not end during this season are not permitted (so for example Darling in the FranXX will not be accepted since it ends in the Spring season rather than this one, but it will be eligible in next season's event instead). I have also decided to disallow all preview submissions (or "preliminary reviews" as they're called now) since they do not quite fulfill the purpose of a review. If you just want to share your thoughts of currently ongoing shows, I would rather direct you to the club's seasonal discussion thread(s) or our Discord server instead.

HibbingtonFeb 4, 2019 1:39 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2013
For the spirit of the reboot of the Review Thread.
I did publish my first review. This is a modified version of something I wrote in different club to fit the restrictions and take out the fluff that was in the original post that I did.

I'm no big creative writer or anything so it is pretty simple but it is probably the closest thing to a real review that I've done. I'm also not a fan of the standard going down each segment style. I still want to stay true to my shoot-style.
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=211126
Mar 2, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2013
I had a pretty good feel on my opinion from Isshuukan Friends. and I thought I could form it into a review.
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=212100

Hope everyone enjoys ^.^.
Mar 2, 2016 3:46 PM

Dec 2014
I really like the idea of having seasonal reviews. Though radically different opinions could get in the way of things, but hopefully that's not an issue. I like two shows this season that everyone else doesn't think very kindly of (If you see my list you should know what those two are). Though it just depends if they are up for grabs (one's split-cour though so maybe wait until Summer before it comes up for grabs).

Update:

Here's a review of Ranpo Kitan that was edited from an old IMDB review I had.

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=212118
Burger-MeisterMar 2, 2016 4:21 PM
Mar 3, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
Burger-Meister said:
I really like the idea of having seasonal reviews. Though radically different opinions could get in the way of things, but hopefully that's not an issue. I like two shows this season that everyone else doesn't think very kindly of (If you see my list you should know what those two are). Though it just depends if they are up for grabs (one's split-cour though so maybe wait until Summer before it comes up for grabs).

Update:

Here's a review of Ranpo Kitan that was edited from an old IMDB review I had.

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=212118

ohh god Ranpo Kitan...I gave that a 1 out of 10.
As for your idea, If I were to write seasonal reviews it would have to be for the Spring Season to fit how I prepare my reviews.
When I do my episode thoughts on the Currently Airing Season Discussion I'm mixing in entertainment so that the reader is more entertained.
When I know I'm writing a review I'm much more serious with my episode thoughts because it is all personal until I get to writing the review.
Mar 5, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2015
So after watching Haikyuu I felt like I should write a review for it.
Here it is, my first ever review:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=212287

I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback.
Mar 5, 2016 8:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Silyon said:
So after watching Haikyuu I felt like I should write a review for it.
Here it is, my first ever review:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=212287

I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback.
Well it's pretty simplistic but it works

If I had to mention one thing it'd probably be that it's not particularly in-depth. Like what makes Haikyuu different from any other sports anime, and why should you watch this instead of Kuroko or Ace of Diamond (or not) for example. Otherwise I think it's fine
Mar 5, 2016 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:

If I had to mention one thing it'd probably be that it's not particularly in-depth. Like what makes Haikyuu different from any other sports anime, and why should you watch this instead of Kuroko or Ace of Diamond (or not) for example. Otherwise I think it's fine

Will keep depth in mind next time.

I wouldn't know why you should watch this instead of other sports anime because it's my first sports anime.
Mar 5, 2016 8:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Silyon said:
HaXXspetten said:

Will keep depth in mind next time.

I wouldn't know why you should watch this instead of other sports anime because it's my first sports anime.
ow, well I guess that might be a problem then :3
Apr 2, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
I have written my thoughts about Musaigen no Phantom World into a review here:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=215205

Once again, feedback is appreciated.
Apr 2, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Wasted potential is what I would call Phantom world
Pretty much TLDR of the anime...

*Creates a World where anything you can think of can happen,everything is possible
*Only cute girls doing cute stuff happens

only in Japan
Apr 2, 2016 1:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Think that's pretty good. Can't think of too much else that needs to be said for that anime at least :s

Speaking of which, here's what I managed to scramble together for this season:
God Eater
Heavy Object
JK Meshi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo
Schwarzesmarken
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Apr 15, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2015
These might have been written a long time ago, but I did some reviews for the Winter season and I'd like to know what you guys think. Yes they were my first in a while...they might not be good. First 3 on my review page.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/KaoruMatsuoka/reviews
Apr 21, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2013
Here is a my Review on Chihayafuru

This would be my third review I've done.
A bit of a harder review to write not knowing Karuta before even watching the show.
There is also a lot of small things I wanted to add but it conflicts with the flow of the review.
I'm okay with it but it isn't anything amazing but I'm not amazing review maker like @HaXXspetten =p
Apr 28, 2016 7:25 AM

Jul 2015
I did another one of these. This time on Owari no Seraph.
May 18, 2016 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
Well MAL is just being dumb and won't let me fix my entry since I did watch the full show but whatever.
Lesson learned, complete the entry before moving my review over from word.

This is my review of Acchi Kocchi
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=218853
May 23, 2016 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
This is my latest review for-Bakemon no Ko
I would love to get any type of feedback, for I wish to write better reviews in future.
Thanks.
May 23, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
@Ka-sh-iro
I would say that there's just not enough here, I am talking about reasons for saying what you do or examples. You do give your opinion which is good but I personally would like to know more about why you think like you do.
May 23, 2016 10:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
What Silly-chan said

It's just too thin to really be a proper review. Stating your opinions is just half the job, you gotta motivate it too~
May 23, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
+1 what these hopeless lolicons said...
May 23, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
Alright...thanks for the feedback :)
@Silyon @HaXXspetten
What about thisBarakamon
I'm still experimenting on how to organise the facts I've to tell in a review so your advice is very much valuable for me. (*_*)
KashirouMay 23, 2016 11:28 AM
May 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Dec 2013
@Ka-sh-iro

The sad part about reviews on MAL is that most will just give you a thumbs up for the rating more than the actual content.
Then there isn't a subscribe button on MAL for reviews.
The cream cannot rise to the top.

What I would want from a review is more of a story format.
My best review I've written so far I feel is my Isshuukan Friends. review.
I started with a psychological opening, then talked about the main draw of the show, went back to more validation through psychology, then what could of made the show better.
May 26, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
Here's my review of Boku no Hero Academica
Would love to get any type of feedback.
Jun 18, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
http://myanimelist.net/showreview.php?id=221062

A review of both seasons of Concrete Revolutio. There are a few other anime this season that I may decide to review. (The list includes Big Order (which ironically enough I have the review written out for that I just need to post it), Bakuon, Flying Witch, Sansha Sanyou, and maybe Kiznaiver and Kabaneri) Most other anime that I have a distinct impression about this season are better left discussed to other people. (Or aren't technically over yet)

Update:
http://myanimelist.net/showreview.php?id=221067

Review for Big Order.
Burger-MeisterJun 18, 2016 7:44 AM
Jul 7, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
I made a review on Working for another club so I thought I'd come and share it with AG as well.
I was disappointed with the show personally.

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=223402
Jul 7, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2016
Hibbington said:
I made a review on Working for another club so I thought I'd come and share it with AG as well.

Working!! is like seitokai yakuindomo, one episode is composed of few jokes(Not dirty ones in Working). The main point is not the characters, but the comedy. On the other seasons there are romance, but this is only to have more fun. The main character might be Takanashi and Inami, but the funniest is soma(my profile picture : he is the same as Durarara's Izaya, same actor too) and other coworkers. The last season have a pretty good ending too. 40 episode of fun at the end.
Jul 7, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
Vizioz said:
Hibbington said:

Working!! is like seitokai yakuindomo, one episode is composed of few jokes(Not dirty ones in Working). The main point is not the characters, but the comedy. On the other seasons there are romance, but this is only to have more fun. The main character might be Takanashi and Inami, but the funniest is soma(my profile picture : he is the same as Durarara's Izaya, same actor too) and other coworkers. The last season have a pretty good ending too. 40 episode of fun at the end.

Well the show failed to make me laugh so to me the main draw is it's characters from the good characterization.
Jul 21, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Review for Oregairu.
Will appreciate a feedback.
Jul 21, 2016 3:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ka-sh-iro said:
Review for Oregairu.
Well the most obvious criticism I can give would simply be that... well your English isn't perfect, so it's kind of hard to read smoothly. For example, this sentence I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say with:
First of all a (mostly true) fact, the anime that are adapted from light novels have kind of kickass dialogues but in this one each and every monologue and dialogue was skillfully badass-lly written and executed.
Like what's the difference between a kickass dialogue and a badass dialogue supposed to be? o_o

But other than that, well at least you're trying to motivate your thoughts and opinions which is the most important thing in the end, although it's a little too short to really drive the message home if you ask me. Also you've got a fairly unorthodox parameter template so you've got some originality poins for that

As a side note I would also like to add that this part:
There are 3 rules of reviewing-
First rule- No anime is shit
Second rule-No anime is shit
Third anime-No anime is shit
isn't really something I can agree with; there is just as much merit in writing a negative review as a positive one provided that you can back up your thoughts with proper motivation. I'd say a better "rule of reviewing" would rather be to always be open-minded and honest when writing (though being completely unbiased is obviously impossible, you should never try to go that far)
Jul 21, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2014
@HaXXspetten
First of all, thanks for the feedback buddy..
Yea my english is not perfect I know that actually that's why I write ..lol

For the kickass/badass part ..it actually just means that generally light novels turns into a good narrative adaption but this one was exceptional...I hope now u get it..

For the parameter template, my friend it is actually unorthodox because I wanted it to be, you see I wanted to express the things the way I see it so now I'm a person who want to see good in the things(its just my nature) ... I want to show what I felt ..so I think its fair to stick to my parameters even if they are unorthodox.

Similarly for my 3 rules..now I'm no novice(m just avg) to anime...I've watched anime both good and bad but I sincerely believe those 3 rules...It is just about tendencies ....I also feel that some anime are real bad but I just don't think they are shit..because someone in this fucking world might like it. It's just my opinion though.
Oh and as a thanks I will dedicate this 300rd post to you
Congrats..lol
KashirouJul 21, 2016 3:53 PM
Jul 21, 2016 4:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ka-sh-iro said:
For the parameter template, my friend it is actually unorthodox because I wanted it to be, you see I wanted to express the things the way I see it so now I'm a person who want to see good in the things(its just my nature) ... I want to show what I felt ..so I think its fair to stick to my parameters even if they are unorthodox.
Oh I meant that in a positive sense though. As long as it works, being original is never a bad thing

Ka-sh-iro said:
Similarly for my 3 rules..now I'm no novice(m just avg) to anime...I've watched anime both good and bad but I sincerely believe those 3 rules...It is just about tendencies ....I also feel that some anime are real bad but I just don't think they are shit..because someone in this fucking world might like it. It's just my opinion though.
Oh and as a thanks I will dedicate this 300rd post to you
Congrats..lol
Well if you mean like that sure. Of course there's no such thing as an anime which everyone hates, but it's equally true that there's no such thing as an anime which everyone likes either. I meant that if you didn't like it then it's perfectly fine to write a negative review about it as long as you can actually explain your reasoning properly. There will surely be others writing reviews of the same show that don't share your opinion after all, so there will be numerous different view points for people to read. There's no need to worry about "misleading" people just by being honest
Jul 23, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2014
My review for Planetarian

@HaXXspetten Tried to work on some things you pointed out.. will appreciate further feedback thanks.
Jul 24, 2016 1:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Please see the OP for new information about the Summer Event I'm starting

For good measure I guess I'll do Fate/Kaleid, Planetarian and Rewrite
Jul 24, 2016 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
Could I possibly join without doing the mid-season part of the review? I really don't like reviewing halves of shows.
Jul 24, 2016 3:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Silyon said:
Could I possibly join without doing the mid-season part of the review? I really don't like reviewing halves of shows.
Sure

I normally never do it for unfinished ones either for the same reason but in this case it just felt a bit... well empty if I was to solely make it an end-of-season event, so to speak. But yeah it's all optional so go ahead
Jul 24, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
Oki doki.

Then I'll go with Fate/Kaleid, New Game! and Masou Gakuen HxH.
Jul 24, 2016 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
Jul 24, 2016 4:03 PM

Jul 2015
I'll go with Re:Zero, Planetarian and 91 Days.

Here is my review for Re:Zero (updated for episode 15) if you haven't seen it yet.

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=218180
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 24, 2016 4:08 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
@Sometimes791, aight just to clarify, Planetarian will have to be a full review by the first session already since it's only 5 episodes long and will end on like August 4th iirc (though of course that also means you won't have to change anything for the second one unless you want to). First session will be on August 14th I think
Jul 24, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:
@Sometimes791, aight just to clarify, Planetarian will have to be a full review by the first session already since it's only 5 episodes long and will end on like August 4th iirc (though of course that also means you won't have to change anything for the second one unless you want to). First session will be on August 14th I think

No, problem. I will rewatch the complete anime when the final episode is out, take some notes and write the review (~1.1k words). Although I have to watch this episode after my holidays (around August 9th). The only anime left is 91 Days then (but that anime has pretty good content to work with and should be easy to review).
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 24, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
I shall review Amaama to Inazuma, and Time Travel Shoujo
Jul 24, 2016 5:12 PM

Jan 2014
Will try to do Zestiria and/or Orange if i manage to finish them without dropping or putting on-hold :I
Jul 24, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2015
I can do Hatsukoi Monster and maybe either Days or Cheer Danshi. But I can only do it for the end of the season.
Aug 2, 2016 3:35 AM

Oct 2015
cause ima hipster(and call i already did a d.gray-man review)

ill review
-d.gray-man hallow
-fate/yuri loli illya
-alderamin
-re:zero

ill porpably do all of them at the end of the season or mid f you guys want?
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 2, 2016 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
I won't do a review if I don't think it would be a good one for airing shows but if I wrap my mind well on Orange I'll do it at the end of the season.
Aug 2, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
I will review New Game.
Forgotten_MemoAug 2, 2016 8:15 AM
Aug 2, 2016 7:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
confidence people >w<
Aug 2, 2016 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
@HaXXspetten Fine, I'll force myself to write one. ><

Also, I would recommend making a new thread for this event each season (as we do for the PRC) to make it more organized and clean. As it is, I'm pretty sure some newcomers will get confused since the first few entries do not tally with the new description.
Aug 2, 2016 8:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
@Forgotten_Memo
Yeah I was thinking about doing that at first, but I didn't know if this would actually be popular enough for people to want it to be a seasonal thingy so I left it like this for now. If it does turn out that you want to continue this then I'll make separate threads for it then
Aug 2, 2016 9:09 AM

Jul 2015
Add Amanchu to my list. k thx by
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Yesterday, 1:31 PM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1279 by Oarginshu »»
Yesterday, 12:38 PM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

40 by HaXXspetten »»
Apr 13, 11:16 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.