Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DAYS
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 3, 2016 7:03 AM

Jun 2011
YokuneSan said:

tfw you don't watch sports but you'll watch animes about sports.

OMG That's me! xD

But seriously. I really enjoyed this. I don't understand the hate on the MCs blushies. I think it's cute! Also, anyone feel like Rin's hair is a little TOO yellow? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of something later on, that he like, dyes his hair or something.

But yeah I'm loving the bromance! Hopefully it stays toasty. And for those who think it's overdramatic, I personally love overdramatic sports anime. See: Kuroko no Basuke
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
MC is retarded. I guess that makes it easy for most viewers to identify with him. This is following the same path of lots of other sports shows, it's just doing it worse than all of them, largely because the MC is so ridiculously horrible.

The show is so badly written it can't even be bothered to be consistent with itself. It shows him as being so good at running in his first match he's able to get to get to balls other people can't... then IMMEDIATELY shows he's a horrible runner, worse than everyone else. What a shitshow.
Jul 3, 2016 8:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
meh
that was pretty average and the mc annoys the fuck out of me so far. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 3, 2016 8:51 AM
Feb 2016
Gay vibes + soccer… Color me confused, but I'm so in.
Jul 3, 2016 9:13 AM

Feb 2016
One of the reasons why I love sports anime (Haikyuu, for instance) even though I don't particularly play one in real life is because of good characterization. But sorry, in spite of the good reviews I'm reading in here, I just can't feel the same. I felt like I'm watching a season 2 of a show that never existed; it's too forward for a first episode.

Not gonna drop this yet, though.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jul 3, 2016 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Trying to be as motivational as possible.
Alright start.
Jul 3, 2016 9:40 AM

May 2009
A nice first episode with a nice introduction of some of the characters. I like the spirit of the mc, and I would like to see where he goes with it.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Jul 3, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
Whoa that was really painful. Literally! haha
I dislike soccer,why the hell am I warching this!? The MC is just so lame and this ep seemed kinda weird, like everything was so random.
One thing was not random tho, and I'm sure of it- the gayness. The sole reason I'm gonna keep watching it tbh

1017 said:
where's the shounen ai tag

^
Jul 3, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
How come no one noticed the blushing MC running to head the ball from other side of futsal field..!?? Probably for the sake of underdog MC creates miracle, stuns and makes everyone acknowledge him having hidden potential shounen type of bs. And his foot after finishing the 100 reps, eww gross..!!!

ED song was quite good. Started shipping the blonde long-haired guy and the blushing MC because the blonde went tsundere in the end ( ̄▽ ̄)
Jul 3, 2016 10:42 AM
Sep 2009
Sokah said:
MC is retarded. I guess that makes it easy for most viewers to identify with him. This is following the same path of lots of other sports shows, it's just doing it worse than all of them, largely because the MC is so ridiculously horrible.

The show is so badly written it can't even be bothered to be consistent with itself. It shows him as being so good at running in his first match he's able to get to get to balls other people can't... then IMMEDIATELY shows he's a horrible runner, worse than everyone else. What a shitshow.

Ever heard about development? Beginning sequence clearly was not his first ever game.

MC has never done sports before so yes he is not good. However, does not mean that it can't change if he keep working hard every day from now on. Especially if he has potential.

Some people advance and learn extremely fast.

Back in the days, I was out of sport for couple of years cause of injury. When I got back, I was pretty shit. However, after training hard for half a year or so I became good.

It's not that unrealistic.
Jul 3, 2016 11:21 AM

Apr 2013
Was an alright introduction, the mc is pathetic but not annoying just yet.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 3, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
Mappa are doing an anime about football? this is gonna be good
Jul 3, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2010
That moment when you realize why his female childhood friend exists as a character in the first place (image below)

Literally if you take her out of this scene, literally...she's already out of the picture.
Show is trying to fool us but honestly it's fooling no one. Put the shounen ai tag on LOL this instance
Jul 3, 2016 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
And people were saying that this is a new Haikyuu? This is totally bland compared to Haikyuu. Typical cliche anime start with a clumsy shy MC who will probably become best player by magic of anime. So far it is subpar to Haikyuu so I might cut my time loss and drop it. And what the F is up with those pink cheeks on MC?! That bothers me the most.
Jul 3, 2016 4:05 PM

Oct 2013
The MC is incredibly horrible and pathetic, an underdog thing again I guess...

It was meh.. for a first episode but I'll still follow it..

Deadhouse said:
And what the F is up with those pink cheeks on MC?! That bothers me the most.

Same here.
Jul 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty decent first episode. I liked it. Never seen a soccer series before, so this will be interesting.

MC is a total wimp, but he has a lot of heart. It'll be fun to see him go from a noob to an actual player like in the opening scene. Those cheeks though...
Jul 3, 2016 5:22 PM

Feb 2016
kitten320 said:
Sokah said:

Ever heard about development? Beginning sequence clearly was not his first ever game.

MC has never done sports before so yes he is not good. However, does not mean that it can't change if he keep working hard every day from now on. Especially if he has potential.

Some people advance and learn extremely fast.

Back in the days, I was out of sport for couple of years cause of injury. When I got back, I was pretty shit. However, after training hard for half a year or so I became good.

It's not that unrealistic.

But this game was his first match ever , i mean there is no way he played before and yet got the ball between his balls lol , or goes straight into walls . So i guess sokah make a good point there is no way one can run that fast then the next day he is unable to run .
hisokathebutcherJul 4, 2016 12:50 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 3, 2016 5:25 PM

Feb 2016
okay , that was nice and all but if football wasnt the anime i was looking for , i would just drop it
The MC is whinny with 2 round pinky circles that belong to morko chan
Also why did they cut the part when he was training on his own ? It felt like the next time they met was the next day after they played the game , it felt weird

And why the fuck would anyone say no to ramen ? Come one give me a reason
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 3, 2016 6:14 PM

May 2014
Oho this is interesting, animation done right, ugh Berserk.
This anime is giving off nice vibes, nice characters, and seeing the futsal itself is really nice too.
Starting out with a 6/10 but I have high hopes.
Jul 3, 2016 6:40 PM

Oct 2008
It's kinda cute so far, but I feel like the meeting of the two main characters was...rushed? Or kinda random? I dunno. But I got over it, and looking forward to the next episode. -^-
Jul 3, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
Pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm really liking Jin, and am happy that he's not a dick. Tsukushi's cheek blob things need to go away tho. Also really hope Jin doesn't become an ass down the line, as is known with most 'cool' characters.
Jul 3, 2016 11:11 PM

Jul 2014
Was there a bit of a time skip between the pick-up game and the first tryout? Because it doesn't feel like there was, but it feels like there totally should have been a mini "practice kicking the ball by himself, look at how much passion he has for something he just started" montage thrown in between there. And the hell is up with the permanent giant blushies that get blushies on top of them when he blushes, those need to stop being things.

Ganbat said:
Reads first chap of the manga, whole different setting.

that's a bummer
Jul 4, 2016 12:50 AM

Apr 2016
This is too bloody corny for my liking. I really am not fond of this show. Seems too typical, kind of reminds me of Baby steps all the way. Starting with no idea of how to play the sport but op pushes himself to the limit and shows potential. I love football but this isn't my cup of tea
Jul 4, 2016 12:53 AM

Feb 2016
ibear said:
Was there a bit of a time skip between the pick-up game and the first tryout? Because it doesn't feel like there was, but it feels like there totally should have been a mini "practice kicking the ball by himself, look at how much passion he has for something he just started" montage thrown in between there. And the hell is up with the permanent giant blushies that get blushies on top of them when he blushes, those need to stop being things.

Ganbat said:
Reads first chap of the manga, whole different setting.

that's a bummer
i was asking the same thing , i mean it seemed as the tryout took place the next day after the pick up game , i wonder if the manga explain that in better details
Jul 4, 2016 12:56 AM

Mar 2016
hisokathebutcher said:
ibear said:

that's a bummer
i was asking the same thing , i mean it seemed as the tryout took place the next day after the pick up game , i wonder if the manga explain that in better details

The different thing in the manga is jin's and tshukushi's first meeting . Tsukushi was being bullied and Jin helped him and then asked to come play football . They made it look somewhat random at the start but from the first match and on, it was similar to the manga. The thing is the football match happened before school started . So when school started, tsukushi hadn't practiced in between .
Jul 4, 2016 1:02 AM

Mar 2011
All these people being little babies saying "put shonen-ai" tag. It's not shouen-ai grow the fuck up
Jul 4, 2016 1:04 AM

Sep 2014
That pacing though.... TT_TT
Jul 4, 2016 1:11 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Definitely has that old school vibe. Lots of other sports anime mentioned here but no Over Drive? The MC reminds me sooo much of Shinozaki, timid, clumsy, and 100% beginner. Well the total beginner and hard worker can apply to many sports anime/manga out there, but timid and clumsy isn't always the case. I actually like Tsukushi, despite how exaggerated it was with how much he sucked in his first soccer game. It's definitely on the corny side, but it's the type of corny I like I guess X) I'd say this is a mix of Over Drive and Whistle so far, Whistle because the MCs are both short and it's soccer.

I agree with some people that it felt a bit forced how Kazama was interested in Tsukushi and then invited him along. After reading a comment about how they met in the manga, I wonder why they changed it, that sounds more natural. Otherwise, there's nothing else that I didn't like about the first episode. Really liked the art style as well, the lining of the characters and how soft (and flat) the colors are. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode given how I had zero expectations for it. Looking forward to seeing Tsukushi grow and develop into a good soccer player~
tingyJul 4, 2016 1:17 AM
Jul 4, 2016 1:18 AM

Mar 2011
tingy said:

I agree with some people that it felt a bit forced how Kazama was interested in Tsukushi and then invited him along. After reading a comment about how they met in the manga, I wonder why they changed it, that sounds more natural. Otherwise, there's nothing else that I didn't like about the first episode. Really liked the art style as well, the lining of the characters and how soft (and flat) the colors are. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode given how I had zero expectations for it. Looking forward to seeing Tsukushi grow and develop into a good soccer player~

All the synopses I've read say stuff along the lines of the 2 boys meeting on a rainy night. I'm assuming we might have a flashback soon that might explain that meeting which could be the cause of Kazama's interest in Tsukushi
Jul 4, 2016 1:35 AM

Apr 2014
finally another football anime, which i can watch weekly after we win the euro 😁😁
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 4, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2013
So gay. I love it. I ship Kazama and Tsukamoto.

My need for sports Anime has been fulfilled. It's my third favorite genre.

Tsukushi has no real traits but based on the opening scene, it seems like he will improve and become a formidable player in the future.
臭い-
Jul 4, 2016 3:13 AM
Feb 2012
I'm a sucker for sports anime and this one's got the ingredients to make it on my list.

It's quite frankly been a while since the days of Tsubasa and over-the-top football. Seeing this show replicate those very days probably would've turned as I've grown older, together with my taste.
Fortunately, it looks like Days will be taking a more realistic approach towards portraying the world's number one sport, focusing on tactics and whatnot; aided by a lovable never-give-up kind of protagonist.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 4, 2016 3:41 AM

Nov 2015
Good start, Tsukushi is an interesting character. Jin dragged him into the world of football. Also the pacing is good too.

Jul 4, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
First ep was good though I wasn't expecting so much feelings between MCs right from the start.
I'm slightly bothered by the pink cheeks (I really don't see the reason for 'em except to make him look even more childish than he already is) but what really bothers me is that I think I recognize old man Eiji's voice actor and just simply can't figure out who it is XD
Jul 4, 2016 6:18 AM

Feb 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
hisokathebutcher said:

The different thing in the manga is jin's and tshukushi's first meeting . Tsukushi was being bullied and Jin helped him and then asked to come play football . They made it look somewhat random at the start but from the first match and on, it was similar to the manga. The thing is the football match happened before school started . So when school started, tsukushi hadn't practiced in between .

you said " So when school started, tsukushi hadn't practiced in between"
But he was practicing without wearing the shoes jin gave him , that's why his feet were swolled , but they didnt show that part
Jul 4, 2016 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
that was garbage.
Jul 4, 2016 7:11 AM

Mar 2016
hisokathebutcher said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

But he was practicing without wearing the shoes jin gave him , that's why his feet were swolled , but they didnt show that part

This is the image from the manga explains it all. He tells tsukushi whether he has been running without the shoes he gave him. And tsukushi tells him yes. They didn't show him running without using the shoes Jin gave him, but he said he did nonetheless.

I read the first 3 chapter before the anime started. I'm not annoyed by tsukushi's personality or his continuous blushing. His character will develop over time I'm sure, we just have to give him some space and time. I liked the ep as i stated before especially the match and how they adapted it including Jin's skills and personality. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was how they rushed Jin and Tsukushi's 1st meeting. I hope mappa does a better job on upcoming chapters.
Shishou_23Jul 4, 2016 7:19 AM
Jul 4, 2016 7:16 AM

Feb 2012
VanishingKira said:
First soccer anime I've seen (probably the sport that least interests me),honestly if MAPPA wasn't doing this I likely wouldn't have watched.

From what I heard this series ain't even that sports focus,I heard it was like the author wanted to make a fujobait series about friendship and couldn't so she added soccer as an excuse to.

Otherwise not terrible but boring so far and hate the MC already.

The author is a guy and quite known sports mangaka, most of his series are sports related so don't worry the man knows his shit.
Jul 4, 2016 7:18 AM

Mar 2015
I thought the episode sucked. I knew exactly what was going to happen throughout. The pacing was way too fast so I couldn't connect to any of the characters and couldn't care less for what was happening. Their friendship doesn't feel natural at all. The way they act to each other suggests that they've already known each other for some time but clearly they've just met. There are also some random gay vibes present for some reason. It was really weird and incredibly cheesy.
BliuTigerJul 4, 2016 7:21 AM
Jul 4, 2016 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
Well, to tell the truth, i think that their meeting and frienship in manga is random, like in the anime. Maybe 'cause first chapter is long, they're decided to change some staff to fit it in one episode. Yes, moment when Tsukushi has run away from bullies is pretty great, but nonetheless original content is fine too. And animation is great.
Jul 4, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
Lol only watched because I love football.
Was ok, I guess.
Jul 4, 2016 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
hisokathebutcher said:

This is the image from the manga explains it all. He tells tsukushi whether he has been running without the shoes he gave him. And tsukushi tells him yes. They didn't show him running without using the shoes Jin gave him, but he said he did nonetheless.

I read the first 3 chapter before the anime started. I'm not annoyed by tsukushi's personality or his continuous blushing. His character will develop over time I'm sure, we just have to give him some space and time. I liked the ep as i stated before especially the match and how they adapted it including Jin's skills and personality. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was how they rushed Jin and Tsukushi's 1st meeting. I hope mappa does a better job on upcoming chapters.

thanks for sharing that image , i think the manga dialogue is better than the anime , i also like the artstyle
Overall i'm enjoying it , we'll see next episode
Jul 4, 2016 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
This looks like it's going to be great!!!!! I'm very excited.
Jul 4, 2016 9:49 AM

Dec 2015

• Well I do like Soccer and this is something I will like to watch.
  • The beginning was great, how the pass ball in the field.
  • Opening is also nice.
  • MC is timid but I do like the "I will do it even it took away my life" feel.
  • +1 watch
Jul 4, 2016 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty decent start. It's super tropey, but in a good way. As many have said, nothing new, pretty standard shounen sports show. But I haven't watched one in a while, and the comedy was pretty great so far. Will probably stick with this one, as long as they don't push the fujo bait too hard.
Jul 4, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2014
when i saw dat guy with that blonde hair i was like...."dude, your hair...... is FABULOUS AND ON FLEEK SIR.....(i mean senpai, if so only like 27 seconds in) ON FLEEK SENPAI"
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 4, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2011
Good first EP. Likable MC, good visuals and a bit gay... I love it!
Jul 4, 2016 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I don't do sports anime but I checked this out because it was football and done by MAPPA. I was not disappointed. Pretty solid start. A classic underdog story. You might as well call him the Japanese Carles Puyol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 4, 2016 1:01 PM
Jun 2014
Yes yes yes. Loved it! it's not everyday that a first episode totally gets me nailed :")
I can feel the bromance tho xD
Looking forward to seeing tsuki's progress and his development and more of that coach (he gives the aomine vibes for some reason)
Jul 4, 2016 1:03 PM
Jun 2014
Grimmbae said:
I already ship Kazama and Tsukushi... I sense so many gay vibes I'm not gonna lie.

Ikr xD lets see their friendship (or whatever you want it to be) develop
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

67 by vclouted »»
Apr 2, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

39 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.