Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP song is great, loved the choreography of it.

The Crusch and Subaru talk is also neat considering their growing chemistry. However, I think it's Subaru and Rem that really took the attention of this episode. The growing bond between the duo is quite charming and cute :D

Gotta protect that smile!
Jul 3, 2016 9:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The new OP is fucking awesome

That ending tho O_O
TokoyaJul 3, 2016 7:47 PM
Jul 3, 2016 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
That was an epic episode. The suffering...intensifies...

REM!!! T.T
Jul 3, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
Fuck that ending.
The people in the village ;_;
REM NOOOO!
SandyBoiJul 3, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 3, 2016 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
The new OP literally slams into your face "Playtime is over. Your friend Suffering is here".
Jul 3, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2015
Fantastic episode. The new OP with visuals was awsome. The new OP link
I want them to premiere episode 15 right now :D
PS: The insert-song in village scenes is great too.

Jul 3, 2016 9:47 AM

May 2016
We're getting a teeny tiny taste of what's coming this episode.

Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 3, 2016 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
Don't really like the new OP at all. It's by far the worst of the three Myth and Roid songs for this show. Hate those autotuned vocals. Straight Bet is still the best.
Will wait for subs.
Jul 3, 2016 9:57 AM
Jan 2011
I am fully satisfied with this episode. If the rest of the show will be as good as this episode than the adaptation will do the source material justice. Had me worried there for a sec. because of the previous 2 episodes. Seems they gained now enough space for properly adapting stuff. I guess he will appear in episode 16.

Subaru behaved more serious compared to his normal self which is much appreciated and also understandable considering he got cooled down heavily the last time...
Ferris telling Subaru to simply stay put let himself being threated and to know his 'place' would have pissed me of too. Basically Ferris told him his a small weak useless nothing. Nobody likes when his existence is being denied and his pride trampled over. Which is what happened at the palace too and won't stop so soon either.

I must say that the village scene was done great.
Although Rem being stabbed with that dagger seemed somewhat strangely animated.
Dante323Jul 3, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 3, 2016 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
The new opening is amazing! I love MYTH & ROID

FUCK THAT ENDING NOOOOOOO.

Brutal. The villagers were burned and THEY GOT BEST GIRL FUCK
kyle8998Jul 3, 2016 11:04 AM
Hi there
Jul 3, 2016 10:56 AM
Nov 2015
Loving the new OP, sound and animation wise I liked it better than the first one.
Jul 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2015
Damn now it feels that we are officially in Arc 3. Subaru's attitude, though understandable, was still annoying, though he redeemed himself at the end when he realized the severity of the situation.

Good OP visuals, episode 15 can't come soon enough.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
Subaru, do you understand? As of right now, you can't do a thing. Arrgh, he's pissing me off right now, but hopefully someone will knock some sense into him. I was kind of hoping he'd die and come back to some save point. Though I get his predicament...

Rem noooooo...
spicychileJul 3, 2016 11:08 AM
I need sleep.
Jul 3, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit that ending bgm, jesus christ I must have that.
Was not expecting that ending.... everyone in the village got butchered as hell, they got Rem as well... wtf just happened?
Jul 3, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
Subaru, just take Rem. It's okay to go for second place.

edit: a bunch of people are trying to "correct" me, so let me elaborate that rem is subaru's second place, not yours.
MozillaFennekinJul 3, 2016 2:11 PM
Jul 3, 2016 11:10 AM
May 2016
lonelytree said:
Subaru, do you understand? As of right now, you can't do a thing. Arrgh, he's pissing me off right now, but hopefully someone will knock some sense into him. I was kind of hoping he'd die and come back to some save point. Though I get his predicament...

Rem noooooo...

Huh? You want him to do nothing, but you want him dead. That's fun.
Jul 3, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
WTF happened there?

I assume it was done by that guys in black. And it seems they knew about Subaru having the Witch's blessing and have a huge respect for it. Are they from the Witch's cult?

Master of cliffhangers is back :-P
Jul 3, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Nice, the new OP is here !
that ending was so f*cking brutal, I want to know what happened '-'
I think he will probably commit suicide or be killed by someone next episode, Rem can't be dead here forever
Jul 3, 2016 11:15 AM
Aug 2015
Things have finally started to get interesting. The series has finally switched to the tone that I've always wanted it to have - dark, a bit eerie, and almost psychotic. The scene with the red "KKK" people (I'll call them that for now) had a very nice "WTF" feel to it.

Not really liking the new OP song and I'm not sure whether it will grow on me; the animations are great though.
Jul 3, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
Manhminh said:
lonelytree said:

Rem noooooo...

It was a kneejerk reaction from me. What I was trying to get across was that Subaru shouldn't be so full of himself, thinking he'd be able to solve any problem himself when in the past he could only do so because of major assistance from Reinhard and Rem.
I need sleep.
Jul 3, 2016 11:17 AM
Mar 2015
This episode hurt me so badddd... :( But the new opening is pretty awesome.
Jul 3, 2016 11:20 AM
Jun 2016
The new OP was good but kinda dampens the significance of the end of the episode. Great episode overall however.
Jul 3, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
Something is telling me that he'll try to kill himself to fix this and he'll be sent back to when he woke up.... I've been thinking for a while and his way points are usually him waking up. Actually no... the first one he was standing up so I could be entirely wrong. Either way I think his return point is going to be at that point for the despair to sink in... Best girl tho ;(

Anyway, I think subaru needs to stop thinking he is the only solution to everything. There are things which he must do, but as he is, he is useless. Completely useless. Return by death is amazing and all but you don't even know how to use it properly. Thinking about abusing it like that is stupid, atleast I'm assuming that's what he's thinking bout after the talk with Cruzch. Either way, if it does in fact turn out like that first part I said then my second complaint about subaru should also be met
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jul 3, 2016 11:24 AM
Apr 2015
you cant get this feeling from LN or manga!!
Jul 3, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
One of the worst opening songs ever but at least the visuals were pretty good in it.
Jul 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
I get it that he wants to help but he really isn't strong enough to be able to do much...
Jul 3, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2015
Midou89 said:
One of the worst opening songs ever but at least the visuals were pretty good in it.
cmon dont be like this the opening is preety good even thought its not in the lvl of styx helix
Jul 3, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
So that's the new OP. Not so energetic when comparing the first one, but still pretty good though. Also it brings by MYTH & ROID that usually bring the ED-type OST Anime. So I think this new OP is pretty good.

Subaru just can't get the idea of that " Emilia the witch-relatives half-elf to be a ruler", or more like he can't think any better excuses for the other to accept Emilia as she is.

Is that Roswaal?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 3, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
Holy shit the (very edgy) OP is STILL pushing Subaru/Emilia as the pairing. The glimpse of what seems to be new villain(?) does not inspire confidence as his design looks liek something that ran away from Akame Ga Kill. The end of op pretty much is biggest hint at Emilia being Satella too. Overall the OP is not as good as the first one. First one had very nice beat and great visuals that reminded me of Steins;Gate. This is just...edge?

UHHHH, Subaru keeps being a pile of human trash. Ever since Ep11, he is easily most despicable character of the year and it seems he LEARNED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Even Shinji Ikari had more capability to progress from his experiences. And Shinji Ikari had A LOT MORE REASONS to be a regressive asshole.

What's worse is that other characters have to suffer for Human Waste MC not learning his lesson. I am sad for Rem having to put up with his bullshit. But hey maybe their interactions will make him actually learn to not be a despicable scumbag, considering nothing seems to make him learn.

I thought we will see more progress on the political scene and the candidates interacting. I thought we will see Subaru having to own up to the bullshit he pulled.

And instead he went to meet other candidate waifus and woo them. But now it seems are abandoning even all of that FOR THE SUFFERING GUYSE. Because that's TOTALLY why we are watching the show, right?

Should I care that Subaru is involved in this mess now? Should I worry for his fate? Does show expect me to want him to succeed? Because right now is what i am dreading is him succeeding without being owned.

Holy shit was the end of episode edgy, down to rock ost.

3/5
Jul 3, 2016 11:29 AM
Apr 2015
Mascera said:
So that's the new OP. Not so energetic when comparing the first one, but still pretty good though. Also it brings by MYTH & ROID that usually bring the ED-type OST Anime. So I think this new OP is pretty good.

Subaru just can't get the idea of that " Emilia the witch-relatives half-elf to be a ruler", or more like he can't think any better excuses for the other to accept Emilia as she is.

Is that Roswaal?
no :) he is not roswall you will see him next episode and well i think you will hate him if you are rem fun
Jul 3, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome ep, the village scene was so good, Still best ep for me, and the suffering its just starting
Jul 3, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2015
Eh, I liked the first opening more. Subaru is kind of pissing me off with his attitude. Hopefully he starts to change soon, but things aren't looking well. Holy shit poor village people.
Jul 3, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
OK, it's time for an anime slap. Echoing sound effect, white background, Subaru looking surprised with a mark on his face and some girl with her hand raised and tears from her eyes. Subaru is acting like a real piece of shit recently, hot headed and ungrateful. That boy needs a slap. Pronto.
Jul 3, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2010
lonelytree said:
Manhminh said:

It was a kneejerk reaction from me. What I was trying to get across was that Subaru shouldn't be so full of himself, thinking he'd be able to solve any problem himself when in the past he could only do so because of major assistance from Reinhard and Rem.

That's not what he was doing though. He was going there to assist and Rem and the village like he did in last arc. There is nothing wrong with that. If not for him taking action in moment several people would not be alive today like Rem who needed to be rescued after reckless going after the demon dogs by herself.

Besides he needs to know whats going to do anything. You don't need to be an expert fighter to save people. Your knowledge can be used prevent such thing from happening in the first place can do just that.
Iron_MawJul 3, 2016 11:47 AM
Jul 3, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2016
that was some KKK shit in my black.
Jul 3, 2016 11:42 AM
Feb 2016
Fai said:
Holy shit the (very edgy) OP is STILL pushing Subaru/Emilia as the pairing. The glimpse of what seems to be new villain(?) does not inspire confidence as his design looks liek something that ran away from Akame Ga Kill. The end of op pretty much is biggest hint at Emilia being Satella too. Overall the OP is not as good as the first one. First one had very nice beat and great visuals that reminded me of Steins;Gate. This is just...edge?

UHHHH, Subaru keeps being a pile of human trash. Ever since Ep11, he is easily most despicable character of the year and it seems he LEARNED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Even Shinji Ikari had more capability to progress from his experiences. And Shinji Ikari had A LOT MORE REASONS to be a regressive asshole.

What's worse is that other characters have to suffer for Human Waste MC not learning his lesson. I am sad for Rem having to put up with his bullshit. But hey maybe their interactions will make him actually learn to not be a despicable scumbag, considering nothing seems to make him learn.

I thought we will see more progress on the political scene and the candidates interacting. I thought we will see Subaru having to own up to the bullshit he pulled.

And instead he went to meet other candidate waifus and woo them. But now it seems are abandoning even all of that FOR THE SUFFERING GUYSE. Because that's TOTALLY why we are watching the show, right?

Should I care that Subaru is involved in this mess now? Should I worry for his fate? Does show expect me to want him to succeed? Because right now is what i am dreading is him succeeding without being owned.

Holy shit was the end of episode edgy, down to rock ost.

3/5

It's hard to take you seriously now with the lack of consistency and thought in the previous episode's review.

Jun 2014
I think the first OP was better, but maybe I just need to hear this one a few more times. Then again, between now and the final episode, we'll probably only hear it a few more times.

All jokes aside though, that ending was pretty brutal, seeing all those villagers massacred. Rem is now dead, so I wonder what Subaru plans to do next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 2010
Fuuuuuuuckkk!!!! Not Rem D: Not absolute best girl!!
Wtf!!! NOOOO

Her scenes with Subaru at night and the lap pillow were so sweet. She's so adorable. It was nice seeing him care for her worrying that much after seeing the dead village.

Subaru just kept fucking up this ep tho. And damn was he pissed throughout. He needs a chill pill lol. His ego and thought process that he's the only one who can save Emilia is gonna screw him over

Really curious how he's gonna die and where he'll go back to???
Jul 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
That OP was amazing. Loved it.

This episode...good god when he made it back to town and saw those bodies I was like "Holy shit"...and then Rem...AND THEN FUCKING REM!!!! T_T WHO THE HELL WOULD DO SUCH A THING!!!

They also mention the Whale...and I only know one thing about the Whale...fuck that Whale.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 3, 2016 11:45 AM
Aug 2015
Why did the witch's cult appear and stand around subaru?Novel readers please answer
Jul 3, 2016 11:46 AM
Apr 2016
best opening so far

also all u h8rs saying this episode was bad pls drop the show ty

5/5
Jul 3, 2016 11:48 AM
Jul 2015
People always blame Subaru. That's funny lmao.

Jul 3, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
I dropped this anime, I feel so bad as well since I reached like 14 episodes :/ idk
Jul 3, 2016 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
I'm surprised that some people don't see how Subaru not grasping the situation he is in nor learning from last episode is a sign for his mental illness. He is literally mentally broken right now which results in this lost sense of reality.

He has become fanatic in his idea of reality, his idea of truth that he rejects everyone who tries to deny that truth.

On the one side the words of Emilia resonate in his head and keep bringing him down to reality but on the other side Subaru lives in denial towards the truth. This clearly show us that this whole obsession with Emilia is no mere quirk in his personality no it actually has reached a scale where you can call it a mental illness. He rejects anything that goes against his own truth and even the people themselves. He interprets others' attempts at trying to keep him safe as shortsighted or that they think nothing of him. And not only that, he justifies it all by reasons that no one else will ever trust. No one can believe in that or even cares enough about Emilia to be her ally. Note how every person who tried to talk against his own beliefs got majorly rejected by him. Reinhard…Kadomon ( Apple merchant ), Crusch & Ferris and at last Rem. Personally I love that development or rather the negative development as this is how humans are sometimes, especially in a mentally unstable condition. They become stubborn and don’t give up on their belief until they have to pay a prize for it. Of course this is taken to an extreme level in anime but it replicates a natural development.

You can actually see how he starts to develop some kind of escapism when he walks through the village. Subaru opens the door the first time how there is a corpse sitting in the chair but Subaru just stares at it and closes the door. The second door he opens bumps against a corpse. You can hear the foot steps walking through blood. In these very first seconds Subaru lives in denial to what actually has happened here. He started to develop some sort of escapism but got knocked out of it once he physically interacted with one of the corpses and perceived the horror around him completely.
Jul 3, 2016 11:55 AM
Feb 2016
zombieiscoming said:

Well, that guy has been doing more stupid stuff in 2 episodes than in the entire serie. But hey, I guess its time for a reset
Jul 3, 2016 11:58 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
New OP is fantastic and the ending was intense af! Time for the brutality to return!

5/5
Jul 2015
Faragoo said:
zombieiscoming said:

Well, that guy has been doing more stupid stuff in 2 episodes than in the entire serie. But hey, I guess its time for a reset

Stupid? Very good reason, I suppose. LMAO

Mar 2010
zombieiscoming said:

Which is weird because he didn't even do anything wrong. Is he suddenly supposed not care and not check things out? Had he not gone god knows when learned about what happened here and if his check point moves beyond this point he's fucked.
Jul 3, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2016
The last two eps were a bit of a mess, but this week...
All of my YESSS. Re:Zero is back in full swing again and I could not be any happier right now.

Rem was apparently stabbed through the head, so either Roswaal and Ram are somewhere else, or they're dead. In which case running away would be advised.
Jul 3, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Well, I'm not really sure how to react to this. I mean, Subaru's been obsessive and selfish for this entire arc so far, and yet the series is still able to deliver an absolute hammer blow of an ending scene to once again make my sympathise with its flawed main character. After all, pretty much everything Subaru has in that world is at the mansion and the village, and now everyone in the village (and presumably the mansion, meaning Emilia as well) is dead cos of those robed people (who I'm assuming are the witch cultists mentioned before and also seen in Rem's flashback a few episodes back), who have also decided not to harm Subaru for some reason. Sure, he can just reset everything with death, and obviously that's going to happen next week, but even then there's still a lot for Subaru to deal with, not least his selfishness and arrogance in this week. Hell, if nothing else, this should have taught him that, however much he likes to think otherwise, he is ultimately powerless against some of the forces in this world he finds himself in.

Great episode with a great OP (not quite as good as the first one, but good nevertheless) as well.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 18, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.