Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It reminds me of Uta Prince tbh.

A lot of dudes introduced but I find the main girl Tsubasa to be more of an airhead. Ganderra Music has a lot of talent I guess but I hope the show makes good characterization out of these idols. In the meantime, I do think there's a lot of talent with the voice casting as the music sounds better than I had anticipated.

Jul 2, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
this was pretty fun actually, so far the characters seem pretty good (especially the main girl), the music was good and it had some nice humor. gave me an utapri vibe.
Jul 2, 2016 11:27 AM
May 2010
Its fun but rather unrealistic... like why does only the heroine notice that he isn't getting that part right?
This is gonna be another one of those anime, bishies+seiyuu and good music but everything else below average.
Will continue watching though.
ArtemisMeikoJul 2, 2016 11:42 AM
Jul 2, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2015
silverwalls said:
this was pretty fun actually, so far the characters seem pretty good (especially the main girl), the music was good and it had some nice humor. gave me an utapri vibe.

While the main girl was like-able, I felt like she was really clueless a lot of the time, and not even just because she was new but simple things like "run it from the top" - you should be able to figure those out lol. Although I like that in a way, since it means they'll probably use that as a way to show how she grows throughout the anime or something. Pretty upbeat vibe anime, and they managed to make some moments intense, somehow, so thats good.
Jul 2, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
silverwalls said:
While the main girl was like-able, I felt like she was really clueless a lot of the time, and not even just because she was new but simple things like "run it from the top" - you should be able to figure those out lol. Although I like that in a way, since it means they'll probably use that as a way to show how she grows throughout the anime or something. Pretty upbeat vibe anime, and they managed to make some moments intense, somehow, so thats good.

Well I was gonna say the same thing when I saw it but when I heard the japanese of that phrase it IS worded rather weirdly.
But yeah, I agree they're showing her so clueless to make her character development much more evident
Jul 2, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2015
Decent start. Tsubasa is new to the business, but her perception seems to be a key factor for the members, even conclusively improving a subunit's own recording. The character designs and music are also nice. Not too focused on any actual characters just yet, but I'll look forward to it.
Jul 2, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2009
Kitakore is ADORABLE. And OnoD's character kissed her cheek when she was sleeping. NO!!!!!!! MY SHIP!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS ONO D!!!! JUST LOOK AT YOUR SHOTA'S EXPRESSION!!!!
Jul 2, 2016 12:28 PM
Mar 2010
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yeeeeep. This is EXACTLY what I wanted this to be. So many hot guys, ahh Tsubasa-chan, I totally get you. I'd feel the same way surrounded by all these hotties.

She's not useless, she's actually a decent heroine. Dat kiss on the cheek though. Kyaaa!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 2, 2016 12:51 PM

Mar 2014
Not bad, not bad at all

I already like Tsubasa, despite her somewhat unrealistic cluelessness she still felt like a decent heroine. Like somebody else here said, I hope they're going to use it as a way to show how her characters develops throughout the series

I couldn't care less about the songs, I just want to watch bishies doing bishie things #Tomohisabestboii
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 2, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2014
Lennevalkyrie said:
Its fun but rather unrealistic... like why does only the heroine notice that he isn't getting that part right?
This is gonna be another one of those anime, bishies+seiyuu and good music but everything else below average.
Everything in anime is unrealistic xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 12:56 PM
May 2010
TheOneOfSeven said:
Lennevalkyrie said:
Everything in anime is unrealistic xD

I thought they could atleast come up with something better, but they didn't...
I hope the rest of the series will be entertaining atleast.
Jul 2, 2016 1:02 PM

Oct 2008
This is super otome game-ish lol. The sparkles in this was a bit much... we get it, idols shine. Girl also needs to brush up on slang, the terms they used were rather common. Hopefully she has more personality than what we've seen. Idk what I expected but this is a bit of a let down; nothing really interesting happened. Still the first episode though so let's see. If this devolves into the typical 10 guys fighting for 1 girl's affection I would be really disappointed.
Jul 2, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
That was as bland as I expected it to be.

I'm only going to watch this for Ryuji. I love his hair.
Jul 2, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
It was not that bad!

A lot of dudes are introduced!
Jul 2, 2016 2:00 PM
Mar 2016
I AM SO HAPPY B PROJECT GOT AN ANIME!!! KENTO IS LIFE AND I WANT "Maybe Love" and "Dreaming Time" in the anime plsssss!!
And i am hyped for the new songs ahhhhhh I wonder what new song Thrive wil get and I hope they do solo too
Jul 2, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2016
Really not bad... music was good and characters interesting (hope that Tsubasa will not turn into annoying bitch :D)
Jul 2, 2016 2:04 PM
Aug 2015
Very nicuu.. The main girl is actually not that bad *O*

Holy shit, how I my suppose to even remeber their names
The tsundere Ryuji guy is my new shrek, hmm let's see who's gonna join my harem in the next few eps

The songs are catchy af, this is gonna be one hell of an amazing ride
LORD THANK YOU FOR ONO'S BEAUTIFUL AUTOTUNE VOICE
Jul 2, 2016 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Not bad at all, I quite expected the animation to be worse. Can't wait to see the "thrive" performing :D they are so cute.
Jul 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
It wasn't that bad actually. Okay, sure, a lot of it was SUPER cheesy, but I like how unlike Uta Pri, we're able to see more of an in depth look at idols, and how they do what they do. Tsubasa actually seems to be a decent protagonist, even though she is pretty dense (I can completely see why though).

Overall though, I'm interested to see where this anime's going to go, even though I am not expecting a masterpiece.

On a side note, Tomahisa's cheek kiss and endcard caught me off guard. Let's see if we can get more beefcake for the endcards in the future. ;)
Jul 2, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2009
Yessss this was what I needed during my wait for the next UtaPri season! ♥

I love the characters and their design~ aah Kitakore's song was so nice I can't wait for the next episode >3<
Jul 2, 2016 4:32 PM
Aug 2011
watching the OP like "wow the female MC is actually part of the group this time" what a pleasant twist

I'll wait for Sunrise-senpai's foray into the male idol category instead.
Jul 2, 2016 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
Omg yes. This will keep me busy till Utapri Ahhhhh😲😍
Jul 2, 2016 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
It kind of saddens me that this already has such a bad score, because this ended up being a lot more enjoyable than I expected :)
Jul 2, 2016 6:23 PM

Jul 2011
Heroine is way too clueless and nervous around these guys. -sigh-

It was okay, but kinda generic. Felt like an otome game opening lol.

Aizome and Goushi stand out to me, so I guess I might look forward to Thrive?
Jul 2, 2016 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
yup this is gonna be boring
Jul 2, 2016 7:20 PM
Jun 2016
I absolutely loved it! I fangirled so much my cheeks started to hurt.
Jul 2, 2016 9:41 PM

Feb 2015
Looks fun, reminds me of utapri but with a cuter lead. Thrive though, yum.
Jul 2, 2016 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
Oh hell yes, no more magic school idol bullshit. Legit recording studio, legit music notation. I love. The art is on par with Utapri which is great but animation a bit rough, like Utapri s3.

My favourites are Goshi, Mikado, Hikaru and Tomohisa! In that order. THRIVE has always been my favourite unit ever since B-Project CDs started releasing.

I'm gonna have a blast with this show. Seems like it'll fill my void that Shohari once took.

Lennevalkyrie said:
It's realistic for the two singers to not notice since most pop singers aren't trained in harmony and stuff and usually memorize what's on the sheet rather than feeling it. I'm guessing she has perfect pitch or a good ear already. However, it was unrealistic for the recording studio workers to not notice for several hours. It was something I noticed within a second lol.
Jul 2, 2016 10:39 PM

Apr 2014
The plot is so so so BAAAAAAAAD.

But I know I'm going to keep watching cause I like the art and for yaoi shipping pleasure. lmao.
Jul 2, 2016 11:04 PM

Nov 2014
the whole ep was fun, though that scene where kitakore was trapped in a cage with their performance outfits seriously came out of nowhere lol

i've been following bproject for months now and a lot of the planned "media" isn't released yet (it's going to be made into a game after the anime?) and i love the songs they've released so far. THRIVE is definitely my fave unit. I can't wait to hear more of Kato Kazuki since he's actually a singer and hasn't done much voice acting. Can't wait for the next ep!!
Jul 3, 2016 12:21 AM

Dec 2014
ok too many main male leads.... and what the pic in the end.... just curious who this adapted from a game
Jul 3, 2016 1:12 AM

May 2014
So many hot guys
This was ok
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 3, 2016 2:14 AM
Feb 2015
Omf this was fucken amazing this will definitely be a favorite of mine this season <3 Gotta say favorite guys are Goshi and Tomo there absolutely sexy *--* but I do have a soft spot for Kento and Tatsuhiro they got there thing to!
Jul 3, 2016 2:16 AM

Jul 2012
ibraheem234 said:
and what the pic in the end.... just curious who this adapted from a game
it's not a game, it's a CD series ww

ibraheem234 said:
ok too many main male leads....
well, it is a show aimed for girls????

MiichieLin said:
The plot is so so so BAAAAAAAAD.
it's actually pretty good tbh, better than utapri or love live so far. this is quite realistic for an idol show

oyasumeme said:
I can't wait to hear more of Kato Kazuki since he's actually a singer and hasn't done much voice acting. Can't wait for the next ep!!
oooo i didn't know that! does he do solo stuff already?
Jul 3, 2016 4:22 AM

Nov 2014
It's pretty good, actually (since I'm not a fan of music anime as a whole). The heroine was clueless, but I think it's not in that all-annoying-way and the song was great.
On another note, is it just me or does Tatsuhiro Nome look like Aomine & Kuroko-chi's love child. Seriously, that's the first thing I though seeing him o.O
crazyxitJul 9, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 3, 2016 5:27 AM
Aug 2015
Rika said:
bow down to the best boy

*Bows down* Best boy so far :P
Jul 3, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2013
This was so good ! c: Lots of bishies, nice art & music + a decent heroine ! As long as they let me enjoy my ikemen and it doesn't turn out like Brothers Conflict, everything is fine.

Ryuuji was too freaking adorable, and his reaction to Tomo's kiss at the end~ I really want to see THRIVE, the characters look so interesting !

Jul 3, 2016 6:47 AM
May 2010
Mayuka said:
Oh hell yes, no more magic school idol bullshit. Legit recording studio, legit music notation. I love. The art is on par with Utapri which is great but animation a bit rough, like Utapri s3.

My favourites are Goshi, Mikado, Hikaru and Tomohisa! In that order. THRIVE has always been my favourite unit ever since B-Project CDs started releasing.

I'm gonna have a blast with this show. Seems like it'll fill my void that Shohari once took.

Lennevalkyrie said:
It's realistic for the two singers to not notice since most pop singers aren't trained in harmony and stuff and usually memorize what's on the sheet rather than feeling it. I'm guessing she has perfect pitch or a good ear already. However, it was unrealistic for the recording studio workers to not notice for several hours. It was something I noticed within a second lol.

I'm not talking about the singers, its the heroine since she has no real training? isn't it weird that she's the only one of all the staff who noticed they can't sing that part in harmony?
Jul 3, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2012
Lennevalkyrie said:
I'm not talking about the singers, its the heroine since she has no real training? isn't it weird that she's the only one of all the staff who noticed they can't sing that part in harmony?
She has an ear for it, it's not that surprising lol
Utapri's Nanami learned piano in a day. Anime protagonists are always prodigies.

My dad also has perfect pitch despite not being able to read notes and whatnot...

The only thing off was that the recording staff should have been able to figure it out right away if they're doing that kind of job in the first place.
Jul 3, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
I knew exactly what this show was going to be so I loved it. I can see an otome game coming out of this already. I'm surprised it's an original. The music was catchy but the lip syncing seemed a bit off in the opening? Anyway I love the characters designs and i'm excited for next week.
Jul 3, 2016 9:44 AM
May 2016
That was pretty good for a music-harem anime. I'm not really fan of the girl, she is a bit clueless, but all the pretty boys are making my fujioshi senses skyrocket. I can already feel ships about to attack me from behind. One thing I really liked though was the animation! It was amazing~~!
Jul 3, 2016 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
That was good and remind me a bit of Utapri which I loved. I love the heroine so far she's cute even if she seems clueless sometimes. And there are so many bishies omg. I already ship her with Tomo haha. Gonna love this !
Jul 3, 2016 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
Nice beginning, I was afraid to see a lot of yaoi moments or other suspicious thing, but there was nothing. The boys sing well, I hope it will be focused on the idols world and the music.
Jul 3, 2016 12:01 PM

Oct 2008
It was kind of boring but I'm excited for these songs.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 3, 2016 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
Mayuka said:

oyasumeme said:
I can't wait to hear more of Kato Kazuki since he's actually a singer and hasn't done much voice acting. Can't wait for the next ep!!

yes!! he's been singing since 2007 i think and he was also in Kamen Rider!
some of my faves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fCOCUFXXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzzan7MqFV8

his voice is really good i can't wait to hear him in more Thrive songs! I hope we get to hear them sing Love Addiction in the anime ;o; It's my favourite song out of every song on B Project so far. I mean with a hit maker like Takanori Nishikawa producing i think the songs are going to be good!!

We don't know yet why the president chose Tsubasa though, maybe they got to know her (she worked at a music store before and maybe they got to talk to her and stuff lol) and realized she has quite an ear for music despite not knowing the technical stuff. And maybe they knew that it would be good for the units if they had someone who actually cared about their well-being like Ryuuji said... just my two cents. It's a t least more realistic than the magical/supernatural aspects of uta pri.

But i'm also really thankful our female MC doesn't have kiwi eyes lol
Jul 3, 2016 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
I'm only here for the hot boys. And hopefully good music.

Jul 3, 2016 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
oyasumeme said:
Mayuka said:

yes!! he's been singing since 2007 i think and he was also in Kamen Rider!
some of my faves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fCOCUFXXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzzan7MqFV8

his voice is really good i can't wait to hear him in more Thrive songs! I hope we get to hear them sing Love Addiction in the anime ;o; It's my favourite song out of every song on B Project so far. I mean with a hit maker like Takanori Nishikawa producing i think the songs are going to be good!!

We don't know yet why the president chose Tsubasa though, maybe they got to know her (she worked at a music store before and maybe they got to talk to her and stuff lol) and realized she has quite an ear for music despite not knowing the technical stuff. And maybe they knew that it would be good for the units if they had someone who actually cared about their well-being like Ryuuji said... just my two cents. It's a t least more realistic than the magical/supernatural aspects of uta pri.

But i'm also really thankful our female MC doesn't have kiwi eyes lol
eeey thanks for the info!

Trashy-Pixels said:
I knew exactly what this show was going to be so I loved it. I can see an otome game coming out of this already. I'm surprised it's an original. The music was catchy but the lip syncing seemed a bit off in the opening? Anyway I love the characters designs and i'm excited for next week.
it's actually based off a CD series ww
Jul 4, 2016 2:19 AM

May 2008
Niiiiiiiice. It's nothing special but I can see myself enjoying this.

Ryuuji is my favourite by far. Holy fuck he's so fucking cute it's unbelievable. I'm sad he's stuck with a character I don't for but maybe Tomo will grow on me.

Tsubasa also seems to be not useless which is always nice to see.
Jul 4, 2016 2:36 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The first episode was alright, especially in the beginning, my mind was wondering off. But it was more interesting after we got past the intro. Tsubasa is a pretty good female MC I'd say, she's timid like all the rest, but she can at least speak and sound like a normal person. Her hairstyle is cute too.

I just want to hear Thrive tbh, I don't care too much for Kitakore. OnoD's singing voice is not my type (I like his voice acting though). Thrive's got the best voices imo, and a really good combination too. I love all three voices, looking forward to Kato Kazuki's voice acting. I became a fan of his singing after I hear Majin Bone's OP, even though I didn't even watch that lol.

Also, I laughed when we saw Tsubasa's vision of Kitakore fighting against the dissonance. Was not expecting that. A bit exaggerated, especially her horrified expression.

The characters designs are great though, and it'll be interesting learning about the characters' personalities and such. Ryuuji is a cutie :> I also like the voice Hanaecchi is using for Yuuta, it's a bit unrecognizable compared to his usual voices.
Jul 4, 2016 2:55 AM

Mar 2016
Mayuka said:

Trashy-Pixels said:
it's actually based off a CD series ww

Well that's the last time I trust livechart. Thanks for the info!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this harem?

CrimsonMidnight - Mar 28, 2020

1 by Nickcye »»
Jul 2, 2020 8:25 PM

Poll: » B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

30 by Zixyph »»
Mar 19, 2020 11:42 AM

Poll: » B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

41 by Zixyph »»
Mar 19, 2020 11:40 AM

Poll: » B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

20 by Ryujitomoshialov »»
Nov 8, 2019 9:41 PM

» There is a B-Project poster in Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

deleted-10371522 - Jul 2, 2016

8 by yui_265 »»
Dec 29, 2017 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.