Forum Settings
Forums

'Shingeki no Kyojin 2nd Season' Delayed to Spring 2017

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 3, 2016 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Looking at the key visual...it exactly pictures the latest chapters of the manga.
Jul 3, 2016 8:07 AM
May 2014
Dab1za9 said:
RoyalTanki said:

This is about the 2nd Compilation movie lol

TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」2期も2016年始動が解禁されました!!

Pretty sure it says that the second season is in 2016

The 2nd Compilation movie was in June 2015..
tsubasalover said:
RoyalTanki said:
*announced

It never had a confirmed release date in the first place, in fact this is the first time we've gotten any information about it other than the fact that it exists.
As I linked as one of the sources in the previous news, both 2nd season and 2nd movie was announced according to this. Even though this tweet was probably not very official.
https://twitter.com/l96_mag/status/535840744758468608

My bad. I apologize.
Jul 3, 2016 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
Ahh ffs xDD
@gator
Jul 3, 2016 8:08 AM

Feb 2015
Not really shocked, but luckily we have plenty of (Hopefully) good shows to carry us into 2017.
Also love that Key art/Website.
Jul 3, 2016 8:14 AM

Jun 2008
The only good thing about this is that i'll have plenty of time to rewatch s1.
But damn it i want s2 now :(
Jul 3, 2016 8:17 AM

May 2011
Zack312 said:
Ziafung said:
I don't even care lol
Bad news for fans?

Me too, I don"t care

me either ... manga reader
Jul 3, 2016 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
The Spanish source was right after all XD hehe
Jul 3, 2016 8:23 AM

Mar 2015
My care meter for this being delayed is at 0 right now
I don't care at all lol
Jul 3, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2014
As I said in the thread about S2's delay that was posted in AD a few hours ago
Comic_Sans said:
Okay

How long will it take until they announce it's been delayed for the 1039342nd time?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 3, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2011
2 cour or 1 cour? If 2 cour, will they cover Revolution Arc and the current one or just Revolution, because it's too damn long?
Jul 3, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
The cover looks Subarashi Desu. Welp, have to wait for another year :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2016
Then what the fuck are you doing here, if you don't care? Lol idiots everywhere.
This is the best signature ever
Jul 3, 2016 8:51 AM
Jun 2016
I. AM. VERY. EXCITED
Jul 3, 2016 8:55 AM
Jun 2015
The wait is never ending...
Jul 3, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
Still a long way to go but damn if I'm not hyped for it. Here's hoping they use the time wisely and the animation will be consistently amazing.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 2015
@zal

AoT has always had a goal in mind. Kabaneri didn't even have a freaking plot. It was just mindless zombie fights, which didn't even look good, for the first half, and fighting some lame ass last-minute villain with no purpose for the second half. That is definitely not what AoT is.

Nov 2007
One more reason to despise Kabaneri?

Damn I dropped that anime after episode 5 and heard it went towards a downward spiral from that episode. lol.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 3, 2016 9:04 AM

May 2015
On_the_Lam said:
@zal

AoT has always had a goal in mind. Kabaneri didn't even have a freaking plot. It was just mindless zombie fights, which didn't even look good, for the first half, and fighting some lame ass last-minute villain with no purpose for the second half. That is definitely not what AoT is.
Just wait for the second season :D
Kabaneri had the capital city as objective and Biba was talked about since very early in the show by Mumei. On the other hand in AoT the basement is the objective that might be reached this year in the manga but other than that there were a lot of side quests and battles like in KnK there were cities and episodic enemies. In KnK is just much more evident because of the length.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
zal said:
I don't see KnK much more of a mess than AoT if I take the length into account, AoT was planned with at least 4 times more length.
No..because AoT didn't violate Einstein's theory of general relativity, Newton's law of universal gravitation and Darwin's evolution theory at once like Kbaneri did in the first episode alone...
Jul 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
tsubasalover said:
The premiere of Shingeki no Kyojin 2nd Season (Attack on Titan Second Season) has been delayed to Spring 2017, as revealed during the Reading & Live Event Shingekisai for Shingeki no Kyojin and parody spin-off Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou. It was previously announced that the sequel would be broadcast in 2016.

It was also announced that the director for the series has changed. Tetsurou Araki is now the general director and Masashi Koizuka, previously the series' assistant director, is now director. Rest of the staff members and all the cast members from the original series are also scheduled to return for their roles.

The official site for the second season is also now open.

Source: Natalie

News submitted by VanishingKira
tsubasalover said:
The premiere of Shingeki no Kyojin 2nd Season (Attack on Titan Second Season) has been delayed to Spring 2017, as revealed during the Reading & Live Event Shingekisai for Shingeki no Kyojin and parody spin-off Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou. It was previously announced that the sequel would be broadcast in 2016.

It was also announced that the director for the series has changed. Tetsurou Araki is now the general director and Masashi Koizuka, previously the series' assistant director, is now director. Rest of the staff members and all the cast members from the original series are also scheduled to return for their roles.

The official site for the second season is also now open.

Source: Natalie

News submitted by VanishingKira

U should announcement several hours ago before 3 hours!.

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Jul 3, 2016 9:25 AM
Aug 2015
zal said:
On_the_Lam said:
@zal

Kabaneri had the capital city as objective and Biba was talked about since very early in the show by Mumei. On the other hand in AoT the basement is the objective that might be reached this year in the manga but other than that there were a lot of side quests and battles like in KnK there were cities and episodic enemies. In KnK is just much more evident because of the length.

You're right about the "side quests", but I find them crucial to fleshing out the story and world of AoT and nothing, except for maybe the 2-3 boulder episodes, felt ever boring or tiresome. They're also pretty interestingly executed. Kabaneri, on the other hand... the train stations and how their world works makes absolutely no sense.
Jul 3, 2016 9:34 AM

Feb 2015
-Next year comes-

-casually walking down the street- "Man I can't wait for season 2 of SnK!" -Isayama jumps outta a trash bin- "oh thats not happening, its just a prank bro"

40% of the worlds population kills themselves
Jul 3, 2016 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
I dont really care about AoT but will watch I guess
Jul 3, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2015
malki said:
zal said:
I don't see KnK much more of a mess than AoT if I take the length into account, AoT was planned with at least 4 times more length.
No..because AoT didn't violate Einstein's theory of general relativity, Newton's law of universal gravitation and Darwin's evolution theory at once like Kbaneri did in the first episode alone...
You don't have to tell me how bad KnK is, I know. I was one of the first to say it was bad but if you make fun of the kabaneri you should reconsider your opinion of Titans. Titans don't break any science law at all, right? For example they can create mass from nowhere just by biting their finger and create the armour thing that is indestructible. Eren can heal a whole arm in minutes. And I don't even want to go into what happens in the manga where the way Titans work is even more similar to kabaneri than already is.
On_the_Lam said:
zal said:

You're right about the "side quests", but I find them crucial to fleshing out the story and world of AoT and nothing, except for maybe the 2-3 boulder episodes, felt ever boring or tiresome. They're also pretty interestingly executed. Kabaneri, on the other hand... the train stations and how their world works makes absolutely no sense.
A city with 3 walls high 50 meters makes absolute sense. The continuous conveniences to hide the truth but handing questions on questions chapter after chapter just to have all the answers in the damn basement is as repetitive as KnK's stations. AoT still didn't screw up and if the answers will be able to satisfy the questions and hype created than it will be better than KnK but until then they are the same to me except for the action part.
Jul 3, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
It's about fucking time we finally got a premiere date. Now I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't get delayed anymore.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 3, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
More.. Waiting... Arghhh!! But I'm sooo HYPED!! The Hype is real, man. The Hype IS REAL.
And the poster... JUST PERFECTION.
Jul 3, 2016 10:01 AM

Mar 2013
Well, okay... I'll looking forward then, let's see what will be this time...xD

moodie said:
I'd rather have more kabanari than aot any day.

Jul 3, 2016 10:15 AM
Aug 2015
zal said:
malki said:
You don't have to tell me how bad KnK is, I know. I was one of the first to say it was bad but if you make fun of the kabaneri you should reconsider your opinion of Titans. Titans don't break any science law at all, right? For example they can create mass from nowhere just by biting their finger and create the armour thing that is indestructible. Eren can heal a whole arm in minutes. And I don't even want to go into what happens in the manga where the way Titans work is even more similar to kabaneri than already is.
On_the_Lam said:

A city with 3 walls high 50 meters makes absolute sense. The continuous conveniences to hide the truth but handing questions on questions chapter after chapter just to have all the answers in the damn basement is as repetitive as KnK's stations. AoT still didn't screw up and if the answers will be able to satisfy the questions and hype created than it will be better than KnK but until then they are the same to me except for the action part.

Actually, yes, 3 large walls do make sense. And it's not the first work to use walls as a plot device either. The stations, at least the way they were portrayed in those 12 episodes, make no sense whatsoever. I know it's cyberpunk and the science side probably isn't even supposed to make sense, but it's obvious they put so little thought and effort into world building.

Titans are also much more original than Kabane which are essentially zombies, even though as a concept they're more or less the same - brainless beings with human anatomy. Although I'm sure both are part of a military experiment gone wrong, nothing has been confirmed yet, so I'm hoping AoT won't be going that lazy route. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I haven't read the manga, but what other "questions" are created chapter after chapter with the exception of the titans' origins? In the first season that was the focus, and although we didn't get a complete answer, I thought the mystery was handled very well.
Jul 3, 2016 10:16 AM
May 2015
God fucking dammit! I can't wait...I want to know what's in that goddamn basement and whether or not Eren will reach it or not.

"Just read the manga"
Screw off, I'm not reading the manga version.

Also, it seems weird to me that they announced this a few days after Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress finished airing. They probably...no, not probably..They realized that Kabaneri was a huge train wreck.

Jul 3, 2016 10:17 AM
Aug 2015
jc9622 said:
God fucking dammit! I can't wait...I want to know what's in that goddamn basement and whether or not Eren will reach it or not.

"Just read the manga"
Screw off, I'm not reading the manga version.

They will most likely not reveal that this season...
Jul 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
And another 4 years for the possible third season,
Jul 3, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
Inb4 rushed 1 cour.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 3, 2016 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
you didn't get the joke..I see.
I didn't mean particulary science laws..I was talking about plotholes in general
Aot do not violite its own logics (as much as)..KnK do.

For example they can create mass from nowhere just by biting their finger and create the armour thing that is indestructible. Eren can heal a whole arm in minutes

now we don't want to start quationing things like Goku and the science behind his haire changing its color and shape when his in SS form..or how the hell could eating some fruit turn your body into rubber..do we..?

I'm talking about things like this:

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=222520
The show thinks the body circulatory system works by bullshit logic, with the main character choking himself to stop a virus. There's two kinds of choking: one that restricts blood flow to the brain, denying oxygen intake, and the other is strangulation, which cuts off your air intake altogether by closing your windpipe. Restricting your blood flow or air intake doesn't stop blood from going to your brain, it restricts it. It's like going from a gush of water to a slow trickle. So choking yourself isn't going to prevent a virus from spreading to your brain, all that would do is leave you unconscious and eventually cause death when there's no one around to help resuscitate you. This still doesn't even address the fact that he slit his wrist, which, if you don't know, could cause you to bleed to death. There's a reason it's a common method of committing suicide. So our protagonist committed two acts back to back that would usually lead to death, yet survives both, all for an end goal that logically makes no sense whatsoever.
Even if we put aside how illogical this solution is, and suspend our disbelief to buy into it, the fact remains that our protagonist never informs anyone of this accomplishment. If temporarily cutting off circulation to your brain and infected area is all that it takes to combat this virus, why would he not inform the other citizens about this after he had gained their trust, instead of having them kill themselves with pocket bombs? When you take this into consideration, our protagonist is essentially responsible for the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of people. For someone who tries his hardest to protect others, he sure does a piss poor job at doing it.
kanarazukarasuJul 3, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 3, 2016 10:28 AM

May 2012
I hope it is 3 cours. We should have enough material for that before 2017. One cour for Clash of the Titans arc, one for The Uprising arc and 3rd cour for Return to Shiganshina arc (it will finish after few months)
Jul 3, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2013

Yeah read it earlier xD
At least we have a release date now ^^
Jul 3, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Sounds good. Gives me more time to get on S1.
Jul 3, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Alrighty then, can't wait
Jul 3, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
Lol, I've been since 2014 telling my friends it would surely come in 2017, seems my joke was right.

WTF people saying it's been delayed for the 12391078397th time? The only real announcement I remember was about it airing in 2016, everything else was just rumors. At least this time there is an actual date. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Also, people who won't read the manga just because should work more on their patience. Durarara had 5 years between seasons, D.Gray Man 8 years, and fucking Kizumonogatari was announced in 2010 and the last one will air in 2017 (and I'm still waiting for a Rave Master 2nd season which will never air).
Jul 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Jun 2015
...They messed up imo
The hype died...anything they do now is probably just going to disappoint everyone...
Jul 3, 2016 11:57 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The fact that we have a specific season is great. Extremely hyped!!
Jul 3, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
So the wait totals to exactly 4 years since the first season came out..
Jul 3, 2016 1:08 PM
Dec 2015
I think it's all Kabaneri's fault tbh. Man, I don't care enough about aot to wait that long.
Jul 3, 2016 2:03 PM

Mar 2015
Wow we get a concrete release date!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 3, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2011
thepath said:
I hope it is 3 cours. We should have enough material for that before 2017. One cour for Clash of the Titans arc, one for The Uprising arc and 3rd cour for Return to Shiganshina arc (it will finish after few months)

I'm going to remember this so I can laugh my ass off when it doesn't remotely come true.

You'll get one cour and two recap movies to follow it ; )
Jul 3, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
Hype has died down a lot but i'm still excited
Jul 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
Had a feeling that it'll be delayed, but so what? as long as it has a high quality animation and all It'll worth the wait.
Jul 3, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2015
I've always wondered about a very simple question but neved had the answer... why in the blue fuck did they wait so long for producing season 2? The show was insanely popular after season 1 so why not ride the momentum back then and put out a season 2 ASAP ???
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 3, 2016 3:57 PM

Jun 2015
Not surprised, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if this ended up being an april fools joke, will watch if and when it airs but at the moment I dont really care about aot anymore
Jul 3, 2016 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Stap-dono said:
2 cour or 1 cour? If 2 cour, will they cover Revolution Arc and the current one or just Revolution, because it's too damn long?

Of course it's going to be 2 cour. Season 2 will adapt the clash of titan arc and uprising arc, and the uprising arc is just a few chapters longer than other arcs in the series.
Jul 3, 2016 4:51 PM
Sep 2012
That visual is of the current manga arc? But how are they gonna get up to it in just 25 episodes without butchering it. I doubt it, but there could be a possibility of a third cour?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
32 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
37 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.