Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 10:48 AM

Jul 2012
Vanschia said:

I bet you dont even know what you're watching if you didnt read the VN

The first part was like some old dating-sim story with some modern remarks. The second part was like wth am i watching? Not into novels so don't really know if it's worth continuing, i think i'll get lost in this even more.
Jul 2, 2016 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting, lots of supernatural stuff and so many characters.
Jul 2, 2016 10:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best OST of this episode.

Jul 2, 2016 10:59 AM
Apr 2015
2/10. Disappointing.
Jul 2, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
Going in completely blind, I found it promising. There're a lot of intriguing mysteries and plotlines set up, and the characters are likable. I'm usually put-off by the dating sim adaptation stuff, but it flowed pretty well all things considered. There was a lot of unrealistic dialogue, but I'm sorta used to that. I felt like I followed it fine, I wonder why people are confused.

Got interesting a lot quicker then Clannad did, not that that's difficult.
Jul 2, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
Damn the writing is absolute shit tier. Why do these japanese writer feel the need to TELL instead of SHOWING all the god damn time?

Everyone has to explain everything all the time instead of just letting the viewer find out by what is going on.

But even besides that, the directing is awful was well.

That scene where he finds Kotori in the forest. She is asleep on what seems and island surrounded by a pond.

My first thought was "How will he get over there without getting wet?" then "How did she get over there?"

Then next scene he is next to her. What happened? Did he teleport? Was there a path to the seeming Island? Nope, not gonna show that. Irrelevant. And yeah it kinda is, but it is still bugging me.

The next annoying part was the whole "Now I will explain the setting to the viewer". BOOORING Just show the fucking city and what is going on, not just "okay info dump complete time for other things"

Then that Yoshino scene was just absolute shit. Wtf? He talks to him, he acts stereotypically evil and then he suddenly turns around and starts explaining the guy?! Holy fucking shit that is sooooooo bad.

And generally that entire scene made no sense to me. Why did the protagonist act the way he did? What's up with that?

https://i.gyazo.com/3a4a06271539ed206125da9c6ef38359.png

And this is where I had to stop.

Did she really just infodump her character while in a conversation with 2 other characters? Holy moly, this shit is so 1/10 unbelievable.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 2, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
kamisama751 said:
Not sure if the fans are just plebs or if this is just crap adaptation. It is so boring.
nice first bate mate
It start pretty average but becomes better afterwards.
Can you still say this when 8bit is going for an original omnibus ending (as I have heard
lmao what does original omnibus ending mean?

But yeah, that statement still stands right now. The common route is slow, but once the plot starts to unfold it should get better. But we don't really know right now since it's NOT going to be omnibus, but instead will be animating an original route(has nothing to with 8bit btw, other than Tensho's cooperation with Aniplex)
Jul 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was ok nothing special but if you haven't read the VN it could be quite confusing and that whole scene with
had no business being in the first episode.
Jul 2, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2015
That Key coffee advertisement, lol.

This episode was a lot better than I had anticipated after hearing it would be 1-cour. That was some fine action, and I think they did a decent job with the atmosphere. But holy shit, they already introduced all of the heroines. Can't say I'm surprised, considering they only have 13 episodes to work with.

And the first minutes of the episode gave me the goosebumps just like in the VN, in a good way. I'm liking it so far.

Jul 2, 2016 11:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I thought it was a good adaptation. Good animations with average art. The pacing is fast, but it works and the fight was well done.

4/5
Jul 2, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2012
Well...uh...that made absolutely no sense whatsoever! XD Pretty badass fight near the end though, and those plant chibis were kawaii. So many girls though! They had that Kanon-esque moe design too. Let's see where it goes from here...

oh, and yeah, also a blind watcher XD
animefan8800Jul 2, 2016 11:29 AM
Jul 2, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
Haven't played the VN so I can't say anything in terms of an adaptation but as an anime It was quite an interesting first episode.

I'm really liking the character interactions, They're fun to see and all the girls are really cute.
Wonder what this accel power of Koutarou's is or rather I'm interested in knowing how all this fantasy stuff is gonna tie into the storyline.

The CG does look weird and the CG of the yellow monsters was horrid.
Jul 2, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2010
Anytime I think back on VN I always have great memories. VN was great, and it's story is great, it's characters are great. But ever since I finished the VN I always though, there is no way to properly adapt it. The story is super long, anime deals horribly with multi heroine routes which in this story aren't just, new heroine to fall in love with but rather a single grand storyline that needs all routes to be at it's fullest. (Well maybe except Lucia's but Lucia's route is an absolute masterpiece on it's own)

Here we finally get it, REWRITE ANIME. It's supposed to be anime original, or rather new route that did not exist in vn, or from what I saw, A strange mix up of serious scenes combined with new scenes everything rushed to the point that even VN reader will probably have hard time catching up what is going on.

Like I do know what is going on, I know why all those strange things actually make sense in grand picture but how on earth is an anime only supposed to understand that all? I believe that they will have absolutely no idea what is happening.

What's more, this anime jumps all over the place with it's scenes. There is no good transition but we simply jump from scene A to scene B without that what was between. What's more those scenes are naturally cut to pieces as what took 10 minutes to read through in VN, is but a minute or two in here.

Then again when I saw Gil and Pan (The flying little people) I was like... okay, this is it... we are riding an express here! What's more it seems like this train will be entering Moon/Tera route for the grand ending and this will mess up things even worse.

Even simple thing like MC thinking about using Acceleration no one but VN reader knows what it is about and even they can be confused as Kotarou's power was called is supposed to recalled Rewriting just like the name of the VN. Te name rewrite describes that power well, but acceleration, WTF? Translation error?)

Truly for anime only watcher the only recommendation I have is to not watch this anime and go read the greatness that is VN. If you watch this you will just spoil yourself. Also from what I saw so far, I would not recommend this anime to anyone.

Now enough ranting as I long since knew that... this anime will be bad, AND I WILL SURE ENJOY THE HELL OUT IT!!!!!

Oh yea! Rewrite anime is here! I have been waiting for so long to return to this world! I love this story, I love this soundtrack, I love those characters and Kotori is the best waifu ever! Gods be praised for allowing me to live till this day and see it all. There is so many flaws in this anime but I love it so much... just by hearing the soundtrack I was already in heavens and Kotori's introduction scene with her chasing the coins... I was crying while seeing it. I was also crying when Lucia showed up, it was a scene with her being the class rep going around punching people but I just saw her and saw storyline in my mind and I saw those gloves..... OH NO THE GLOVES!! I truly wept, I truly did.

Lastly the biggest hit the question

"You have the power and you are dissatisfied with the world? What will you change, the world, or yourself?"

When I read it I read it not in the way it was translated in anime but in the way I still remember reading it in VN and then pondering about that question multiple times over the days, never finding the right answer.

But damn, this anime is bad, most people will drop it after the first episode and no one will care but truly this anime has been made for people like me! As I sure hell enjoy the crap of it.

(The world is cruel to me though. The three amines I was most excited about this season were Rewrite, Berserk, and Tales of Zestiria. My predictions for all of them was "those animes will most likely be bad, AND I WILL SURE ENJOY THE HELL OUT IT!!!!! So far two predictions were right as my feelings for berserk are quite similar to this. But nevertheless, even if it's only this, I still feel happy and I feel blessed)

But truly, good luck non VN readers to make any sense out of it.
Jul 2, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
What a terrible mess of a first episode.
People must really love their loli waifus if this is hailed as one of the best VNs out there.
This show has no idea what it is doing. or what "scene transition" means. Not every director can be Satoshi Kon but being this incompetent at getting from scene A to scene B should not be allowed.

It almost feels like a parody.
Jul 2, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
NaturalPerm said:

This show has no idea what it is doing. or what "scene transition" means. Not every director can be Satoshi Kon but being this incompetent at getting from scene A to scene B should not be allowed.

When your trying to adapt a 50+ hour visual novel into 13 episodes that what happends
Jul 2, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
NaturalPerm said:
What a terrible mess of a first episode.
People must really love their loli waifus if this is hailed as one of the best VNs out there.

I agree, the scene transitions were pretty random and bad, and there were couple of bad looking scenes, but the scenes that were animated by Masayuki Nonaka were pretty great (the shizuru intorduction and the scene were Kotarou runs around his room scared)
Jul 2, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
It was an interesting start and a little bit confusing!
Jul 2, 2016 11:35 AM
Sep 2014
anime scene is 100% is really following storyline from the visual novel games it very promising, I really like it,good job to 8 Bit studio.
Jul 2, 2016 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
Key anime adaptions are almost never good (even with an competent studio),this has 8bit (an incompetent shitty studio) and to make matters worse only 13 episodes and anime original route at that.

Let's seen how this guaranteed trainwreck turns out,betting this'll be below average to average at best if we're lucky.
Jul 2, 2016 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
Aside from the subpar visual quality and weird music transitions that pretty much come out of nowhere (it's like they just jammed those tracks in, but they don't quite flow with the episode), I found this pretty enjoyable. This might turn out fine, since they seem to be realisitic with how much content they intend to adapt.
Jul 2, 2016 11:43 AM
Jan 2009
eso18 said:
Even simple thing like MC thinking about using Acceleration no one but VN reader knows what it is about and even they can be confused as Kotarou's power was called is supposed to recalled Rewriting just like the name of the VN. Te name rewrite describes that power well, but acceleration, WTF? Translation error?)

It is how the main character calls his own ability before having an explanation on how it actually works.
Jul 2, 2016 11:44 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Z-Dante said:
FlamepriesT said:
Wondering if watching this before I finish Terra would be a problem. Anyone?
If you finished moon, then you should be totally alright. The anime didn't show ( and probably won't show) any parts of Terra yet. Just moon and some of the common route
Re: Plus some original development

Wrong there, the anime hinted for Terra's scene too, my advice would be finishing that route first before proceding further.
Jul 2, 2016 11:45 AM
Sep 2014
I hear a rumor Duration per episode is 48 minutes is this true if true that's mean it similar like this anime having 26 episode.
Jul 2, 2016 11:50 AM
Sep 2015
As a vn reader i am liking how they added the later parts into tho start of the story. 5/5 good job 8bit
Jul 2, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
takumi94 said:
I hear a rumor Duration per episode is 48 minutes is this true if true that's mean it similar like this anime having 26 episode.

No just the first episode was an hour special, the rest will be normal length.
Jul 2, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
takumi94 said:
Nah just the first episode, it's confirmed the rest will be 24min.
Jul 2, 2016 12:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Midou89 said:
NaturalPerm said:

When your trying to adapt a 50+ hour visual novel into 13 episodes that what happends

50 hours?! I think I got around 130-140 hours my first time, with rewatching some parts.
Jul 2, 2016 12:00 PM

Jul 2011
VN adaptations are like a russian roulette, i finished the VN recently ( a month ago) and i can say it's all over the place, awkward transitions,best joke skips, convenient character introductions ( Touka doesn't teach in their class and Lucia was supposed to appear at the cafeteria) also skipped lunch with Shizuru. i understand that THERE'S THIS MUCH you can do with 13 episodes but man,whats the rush all about ?
31 minutes in. questionnaire. OK. to the witch! wait what is she doing here ? whats with all those treemen ? krivoy rog... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ? ROMEO STAHP.

I don't even know what are you trying to do but i'll keep watching to amuse myself.
Jul 2, 2016 12:01 PM
Sep 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
where are you get the info.
Jul 2, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
Confusing for a casual user, glad that I played the VN and I can understand
everything.

It wasn't bad after all. I didn't like much the animation but is endurable.
Jul 2, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2012
takumi94 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
where are you get the info.
http://s.mxtv.jp/anime/rewrite/ Notice the 23:30~24:00
Jul 2, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
I bet anime-only viewers are confused as hell. Too many characters introduced in one go, a minute or so for each one. Only Chihaya got a little more time.

Some DEEN-level quality sometimes, but that's not the big issue.
Jul 2, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
Thysoncris said:
VN adaptations are like a russian roulette, i finished the VN recently ( a month ago) and i can say it's all over the place, awkward transitions,best joke skips, convenient character introductions ( Touka doesn't teach in their class and Lucia was supposed to appear at the cafeteria) also skipped lunch with Shizuru. i understand that THERE'S THIS MUCH you can do with 13 episodes but man,whats the rush all about ?
31 minutes in. questionnaire. OK. to the witch! wait what is she doing here ? whats with all those treemen ? krivoy rog... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ? ROMEO STAHP.

I don't even know what are you trying to do but i'll keep watching to amuse myself.

This is a original route in case if you forgot. Changes in the flow of the story WILL HAPPEN.

But in my opinion, it was pretty good.
Jul 2, 2016 12:08 PM
Mar 2015

-Change yourself, or change the world, mmm...

Jul 2, 2016 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
eslej said:
I bet anime-only viewers are confused as hell. Too many characters introduced in one go, a minute or so for each one. Only Chihaya got a little more time.
I don't think the introductions were what confused people lol. And Kotori and Chihaya had the most screentime at the beginning of the Common Route anyway.
Jul 2, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2011
Murasa22 said:
Thysoncris said:

This is a original route in case if you forgot. Changes in the flow of the story WILL HAPPEN.

But in my opinion, it was pretty good.

It is OK if you are a VN reader but our feelings aside, most of the anime only viewers are gonna have mixed feelings about it. They introduce almost the entire cast ( with a few exceptions ) in 1 go.a lot of the scenes don't have any impact, they also skipped the first hound part in the city (which was really good at attracting attention).
Jul 2, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2016
The music... so much nostalgia... Pretty well done adaption from the VN. Though I wonder how they plan to explain the Kagari route to those not familiar with the VN without really explaining how the Rewrite world works first.
Jul 2, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
I thought this was supposed to be good? What the hell did I just watch?

The show in span of first episode introduced like few dozen characters to the point that it is hard to keep up who is who. The fact that every single character has cringy and generic character designs does not help. Oh look we are talking to the character who....oh wait we are in absolutely different part with different stuff going o...o look we jumped again. This felt like a huge recap episode in terms of pacing.

Directing wise this felt very flat. Stuff was happening and then more stuff was happening but There was no real set up or atmosphere or impact in anything at all. Its the kind of storytelling where you are listening to a friend try to explain ben franklin effect while trying to run after the bus.

Story wise this is incomprehensible so far. Reminds me of Chaos;Head mixed with usual horror stuff and Some Angel Beats (tropey characters, the setting, etc). Certainly don't see anything too unique or exciting in terms of story so far.

The animation-wise this was horrible, as expected of this studio. But holy hell does this look bad. I think even Grisaia's first episode managed to look half decent compared to this. QUALITY all around. The soundtrack felt cringe and in a lot of cases did not fit the scenes.

2/5 hopefully next episodes are better.
AhenshihaelJul 2, 2016 12:31 PM
Jul 2, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
I'm sorry, was she trying to rape him or something?

Key shit/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 2, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
eslej said:
I don't think the introductions were what confused people lol. And Kotori and Chihaya had the most screentime at the beginning of the Common Route anyway.
I know, but if we discuss the plot it will sure end up spoiling the VN here. It was way too fast anyway.
Jul 2, 2016 12:19 PM
Dec 2014
the episode was awesome.
The only problem is that they foreshadowed kotarou and kagari alot. But that's only because she is the true main heroine with her route in the anime.

5/5 the jokes were funny just like the vn
Kotori and kagari were cute!
Shizuru was a little funny
Chihaya is dump as always
Lucia, what are you doing here?
The witch is for the next episode.....
Jul 2, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
I finish Rewrite episode 1 I will say it was good the pacing was off but make sense since it's adapting 50 hours of content. I enjoyed all the scenes this episode had even though some scenes I wish they put in. This is going to me the whole time anime is airing I wouldn't care anyone says I'll just enjoy it as adaptation.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 2, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
>Didn't choose scissors
>No "TAEKU DISSUU!!"
>No cart scene
>Butchered Lucia's intro
>Sensei out of nowhere
>Made Chihaya 2x more annoying
>Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking, uhun~
>"Youkoso Gipsy" not "Youkoso Gipsy" enough
>Prez looks so tiny

This is going to be hard to watch...
MagicalMahouJul 2, 2016 12:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2012
eslej said:
AlexTheRiot said:
I know, but if we discuss the plot it will sure end up spoiling the VN here. It was way too fast anyway.
Yeah I know what you're getting at. I just think it was inevitable to introduce people like Lucia this way(kind of shoehorned)To make it easier to flow into their scenes next episode. Which I'm fine with because it potentially means more Common scenes adapted, but maybe not a good thing for anime only viewers unfortunately. Though I thought the general pacing of actual Common Route stuff was pretty good, shoehorning aside.
Jul 2, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2015
Ahhh so good, I was wondering how they were going to progress from the VN's story but within the first 3 minutes I was 100% behind it, it was so good to hear that soundtrack, a bit baised as a Key and Rewrite fan but I'm exprecting for good things hereon out.
Jul 2, 2016 12:33 PM

Mar 2011
Sokah said:
WTF did I just watch? Infantilized girls, sleepwalkers with a fetish for coins, transfer students with super strength, witchs, ghosts, fairy vampires, boss monster, dimensional travel, dismemberment. Also Colonel Sanders. Art is also Clannadish, but not in a good way.

I ROFLed.
But all those are good reasons to watch it.

There is a tendency to ruin anime series those days.... ok let's hope it doesn't happen, I have good time with Rewrite, first episode.
Jul 2, 2016 12:35 PM
Feb 2016
Vanschia said:
I'm disappointed with this tbh
even I'm who read the VN goes "wtf I'm watching"

super rushed what the hell
I bet you dont even know what you're watching if you didnt read the VN
I'm pissed

I wish they had told me as much before I watched this chaotic mess.
Jul 2, 2016 12:36 PM
Sep 2012
As someone who pretty much worship the VN for its amazing story that made me tear up inside and outside, I rather enjoyed it. But playing the VN is a huge factor for my enjoyment.

It was rushed so much. And the execution is bad as they prefer to tell than show. You can also literally feel the story jumping everywhere... (the first few days in the VN that took me around an hour are squeezed into the first half). I sense that they're going more moe than should be, can't help but feel that some are out of character.
I honestly feel bad for the anime-only people for not being able to enjoy the most out of Rewrite, if the anime keeps on going like this.

But as a vn reader, I'm enjoying it enough. The beginning monologue is perfect, giving me back the pain I've felt going through each of their routes. When I see Kotori's mother and Lucia's gloves again...damn it. Feelsgoodman.

Why cant they do it like higurashi though with each route then connect, is it too far-fetched? ;_;
I'd think that would turn out well...maybe not budget-wise.

8/10 for now. If i were going in blind, probably a 5 but im gonna be bias because the vn is definitely my favourite vn and I'd suggest playing it if you have the chance to.
"Don't ever fight againts idiots. They'll drag you down to the same level and beat you with experience." -Random Forum Member #1 !

"Feeling hurt and pain from someone else ? Good. Staying upset and never move on? Dont. Imagine them as sandpapers. They could hurt. Sometimes alot . But in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless" -Random Forum Member #2 !

Why the heck are you even reading this when you got a LIST of anime runnin. You're welcome :D
Jul 2, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2011
MagicalMahou said:
>Didn't choose scissors
>No "TAEKU DISSUU!!"
>No cart scene
>Butchered Lucia's intro
>Sensei out of nowhere
>Made Chihaya 2x more annoying
>Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking, uhun~
>"Youkoso Gipsy" not "Youkoso Gipsy" enough
>Prez looks so tiny

This is going to be hard to watch...
You, you understand. I like you.
Jul 2, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
My reaction to this episode:

Seriously, as much as I want to like this as a Key work, it's all over the place. That weird girl with the ribbons is the only thing interesting so far, and the entire first half of the episode was incredibly generic.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.