Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 4:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hishiro's smile must be haunting for Kariu. Kaizaki should've invited Hishiro to his table though.

Jealousy's making Kariu make stupid choices. Fortunately Kaizaki noticed the two bags. The ending O_O

GoldenDevilGamerJun 27, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 1, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
Glad to see more of Kariu and how she is feeling, you can tell how hard it is for her.

I still can't help myself from laughing everytime Hishiro tries to smile

OMG that fall was so intense, I was so happy when Kaizaki caught her but nope I spoke to soon
Jul 1, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2015
Chizuru still can't work something else with her "evil smirk" that makes Rena get the wrong idea over and over again.
Thank god Arata come at that precise moment, so Rena won't have to do some "bad" things.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 11:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, that was actually quite a heavy topic. Kariu went that far to steal out of jealousy.

This is gonna turn interesting.
Jul 1, 2016 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, Kariu's breakdown...

Well, it was kinda obvious that she had some personal problems of her own from the beginning. This episode gave more insight about her. I like Kariu though as she's still rather interesting to watch with her behavior. The chemistry she shares with Hishiro (including previous episode) and this one brings out quite a bit of her personality to light.
Jul 1, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
Oh wow. Next episode will be interesting to see. I wonder how Hishiro will react
Jul 1, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2015
Woah, drama?! Didn't expect it.

Great episode.
Jul 1, 2016 12:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
So close to Stark's post......but not quite there.......must try harder....lol.

The episode was an angst one if full bloom. At least the series has some drama besides the slapstick of falling down and can't throw a ball very far. So far a nice captivating series.....7/10 easily.
Jul 1, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
I thought Kaizaki wouldn't notice that she has two bags... But i was really surprised when Kariu took it O.O
Jul 1, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2014
Never really liked the arcs involving Kariu. Can't really stand her character despite being able to personally empathize with her problems.
Jul 1, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2015
I really liked the insight given into Kariu in this episode. Crazy that she was willing to steal in order to get what she wanted. It was definitely a good thing that Kaizaki caught her and realized she had stolen Hishiro's bag. Good for him to be the bigger man and help these high school students stay out of trouble.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, these misunderstandings are gonna kill me. But these ones aren't bad and are more reasonable compared to a lot of other shit I've seen so this ain't bad at all which is a huge plus. And glad that Kaizaki isn't dense; he's a pretty good MC for that matter.
Jul 1, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Interesting, I never thought that the relationship between Kariu and Hishiro would go that route.
I hope that doesn't escalate any further.

I'm somehow curious about Yoake's character, it feels like there is more to him than it looks like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
Falling down stairs is quite common in Japan.
Good episode, finally some drama. And misunderstandings.
Jul 1, 2016 4:16 PM
Feb 2015
No falling down the stairs kiss
terrible 1/10
Jul 1, 2016 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
nice some drama for a change and it's sad to see what Kariu is going through but she shouldn't have stolen that bag
Jul 1, 2016 5:15 PM
Aug 2011
wawon0 said:
terrible 1/10

Why would anyone want the MC to kiss WORST girl?
Jul 1, 2016 5:43 PM
Feb 2015
stand said:
wawon0 said:
terrible 1/10

An best girl. too bad they'll never end up together
Jul 1, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2014
well that was something.. the intensity build up in this episode
Jul 1, 2016 8:21 PM

Sep 2015
Christ Kariu is such a bitch. I've read posts here concerning how her problems are understandable but I'm here saying '.....what fucking problems????'

The guy she liked is cheerful with another girl. Ok. Immature but ok.
She isn't as good as sports as someone else? She's still good at sports.
She doesn't get as high as grades? She gets high grades.

The FUCK justifies her actions!?!?!
Jul 1, 2016 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again, Didn't expect the drama.

Poor Kariu, She's insecure :(
I really hope that she and Hishiro can become good friends.
Jul 1, 2016 9:06 PM

Jul 2014
Angry_Always said:
Christ Kariu is such a bitch. I've read posts here concerning how her problems are understandable but I'm here saying '.....what fucking problems????'

She has an inferiority complex. The explanation is a bit rushed, but Karui has always looked up to Honoka and Hishiro as the best of the best and as rivals. She felt if she tried her absolute hardest she could finally beat them and have validation that her effort equaled success, especially against people who to her knowledge don't put any effort at all. She also thought being class rep put her on equal grounds with Oga, something Hishiro took away from her. She feels worse and worse since whatever extra studying or practice she does doesn't improve her performance at all. She felt even worse when Hishiro made faces at her, almost like she knows Kariu's feelings and is deliberately trying to exploit them sadistically. This drove her to a fit of jealousy where she wanted to see Hishiro struggle and be frantic for once. Of course, stealing is wrong but I think many of us can relate to her dilemna.
Jul 1, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2012
Well it boiled over for Rena, as expected. She did wrong, but I can sympathize with her. Telling Oga how she feels probably coulda prevented all this, but then we'd have no story. XD
Jul 1, 2016 9:53 PM

Sep 2015
raisa864 said:
Angry_Always said:

She has an inferiority complex. The explanation is a bit rushed, but Karui has always looked up to Honoka and Hishiro as the best of the best and as rivals. She felt if she tried her absolute hardest she could finally beat them and have validation that her effort equaled success, especially against people who to her knowledge don't put any effort at all. She also thought being class rep put her on equal grounds with Oga, something Hishiro took away from her. She feels worse and worse since whatever extra studying or practice she does doesn't improve her performance at all. She felt even worse when Hishiro made faces at her, almost like she knows Kariu's feelings and is deliberately trying to exploit them sadistically. This drove her to a fit of jealousy where she wanted to see Hishiro struggle and be frantic for once. Of course, stealing is wrong but I think many of us can relate to her dilemna.

I can somewhat understand here. And she does apologize and realize her mistake.

Except...

SHE FUCKING DOES IT AGAIN TO TAMA!!!!!

Why is this girl only capable of caring about how she feels rather than anyone else!!!
Jul 1, 2016 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
Kairu is reaching her breaking point over her jealousy of Hishiro to the point she stole her bag and planned to leave it somewhere. I understand her feelings but as a viewer, we know Hishiro isn't doing it on purpose and even in Kairu's own eyes, Hishiro is showing no interest in Ooga anyways.

It's all about Hishiro's smug/creepy smile that bothers Kairu that spirals her into hatred based on pure speculation on her part.

Jul 1, 2016 11:31 PM

May 2010
Chizuru's forced smiles at Kariu kill me everytime
that "love" stamp

Eh, Kariu... that was a bit disappointing. She's pretty good at sports and studies, isn't that good enough? I get that she wants to be best at everything, or else she feels inferior, but to me, it seems like she's very self-absorbed. As if she thinks her problems matter the most and she's suffering the most despite working hard. If she changes that part about her, I'd feel better about her.

That got heavy at the end. The ending song was nice.
Jul 2, 2016 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
That Sliver Pin has got some nice perks.
Lol will Kaizaki & Onoya ever pass those make-up exams.

Hishiro's smile is driving Kariu crazy. They need to clear up this misunderstanding.
That sliver pin means a lot to Kariu. Got serious at the end.

Hopefully Kariu can resolve her issues with Hishiro in the next episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 2, 2016 3:55 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty serious ep this time. Love how Arata actually noticed the bag
Jul 2, 2016 4:59 AM

Sep 2013
I mean, if you're trying to fight a battle on two fronts, of course you're gonna have a hard time. Pick one rival girl, you're actin' a fool.
Jul 2, 2016 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
Probably one of the episodes that suffered from having a ton of chapters in one episode, there was more build up to why Kariu has an inferiority complex though she was also being annoying in the webtoon and when she stole the bag in the anime it looked way more malicious than what was really in her head which was "I just want to trouble her a little bit" since to her she thinks Hishiro beats her without even trying which makes her feel like all the effort and hardwork she puts amount to nothing..yeah she's 2nd which is a good spot really but people with inferiority complexes don't get that.

If you don't like Kaneki there's a 90 percent chance you didn't read the manga.
Read it now.
Just do it.
Don't question it mongrel.

Rating System l Anime List l Manga List

My manga list is a more accurate representation of my preferences
Cease your thievery of my wine.
Jul 2, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Japanese students will never stop falling down school stairs, NEVER.
Jul 2, 2016 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
stand said:
wawon0 said:
terrible 1/10

Worst? I beg yo' pardon.
Jul 2, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2015
Woah, Kariu's jealousy reached a breaking point this episode. Poor her... That ending was pretty intense, damn. Another great episode it was.

Jul 2, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2009
Manga Reader since Jan 19, 2015

They made the 'Kariu/Hishiro' arc really fast. Skipping some interactions and Arata's many inside thoughts or worries at home. It's very well done to make it fast but, it doesn't let you get in the character and their feelings like in the manga. This arc was greatly adapted! Even if they skipped some interactions or inner thoughts.
Jul 2, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2015
Angry_Always said:

Depression you can tell by her inner thoughts that she is a girl that suffers from depression, hence the whole I hate feeling like this. It's also portrayed well by the darkness that falls on her. She probably feels inferior and lonely all the time. While we see her as good at sports she doesn't see or feel that way, same with grades. Also she stated how nice it would be to have friends she probably doesn't have many other than her rival, and while their friends it doesn't seem like they're close. She's most likely lonely and she lashed out. I actually felt really sorry for her, as I knew a girl that acted this way a lot.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 2, 2016 6:17 PM

Sep 2015
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Angry_Always said:

Depression you can tell by her inner thoughts that she is a girl that suffers from depression, hence the whole I hate feeling like this. It's also portrayed well by the darkness that falls on her. She probably feels inferior and lonely all the time. While we see her as good at sports she doesn't see or feel that way, same with grades. Also she stated how nice it would be to have friends she probably doesn't have many other than her rival, and while their friends it doesn't seem like they're close. She's most likely lonely and she lashed out. I actually felt really sorry for her, as I knew a girl that acted this way a lot.

I understand what you are saying. However I feel her inferiority complex comes from herself more than anything. She is brilliant at academics and whilst maybe she doesn't know it but good at sports. In the lonesome department she does have friends though? Especially Tama and Oga.

However whilst I do sometimes concede that someone's sad backstory may explain their bad actions, I never feel like they condone them, you know? This isn't the last time in the series that Kariu will act selfishly and lash out and I wish it was. To me it seems like she is only capable of considering how she herself is feeling rather than anybody else around her.

There was a similar thing in Kotoura san, have you watched it? A redhead friend gets jealous of a girl getting close to the main character and bullies her horrendously before also sending thugs after the main character. Her actions are explained by immature jealousy but she is forgiven instantly. That sort of thing I despise.
Jul 2, 2016 6:44 PM

Sep 2015
Angry_Always said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

I understand what you are saying. However I feel her inferiority complex comes from herself more than anything. She is brilliant at academics and whilst maybe she doesn't know it but good at sports. In the lonesome department she does have friends though? Especially Tama and Oga.

However whilst I do sometimes concede that someone's sad backstory may explain their bad actions, I never feel like they condone them, you know? This isn't the last time in the series that Kariu will act selfishly and lash out and I wish it was. To me it seems like she is only capable of considering how she herself is feeling rather than anybody else around her.

There was a similar thing in Kotoura san, have you watched it? A redhead friend gets jealous of a girl getting close to the main character and bullies her horrendously before also sending thugs after the main character. Her actions are explained by immature jealousy but she is forgiven instantly. That sort of thing I despise.

Inferiority complex and depression correlate often going hand in hand. Even when someone that has depression has lots of friends they can often times feel alone regardless its caused by chemical imbalances in the brain so its a tricky topic. Inferiority complex can lead to depression and likewise.

I completely agree that one should never condone their actions through mental health problems though. If someone uses this as an excuse constantly, they will never grow as a person or in real life seek professional help.

I have never seen Kotoura san but I did put it on my plan to watch now :) . Yea Kariu is immature, but really all our character's in this anime are. They are portrayed really well as 17 year olds in that if they're great at something they're immature in another department. This is often how it is in real life as no one has their stuff together at the age of 17.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 2, 2016 7:37 PM

Sep 2015
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Angry_Always said:

Inferiority complex and depression correlate often going hand in hand. Even when someone that has depression has lots of friends they can often times feel alone regardless its caused by chemical imbalances in the brain so its a tricky topic. Inferiority complex can lead to depression and likewise.

I completely agree that one should never condone their actions through mental health problems though. If someone uses this as an excuse constantly, they will never grow as a person or in real life seek professional help.

I have never seen Kotoura san but I did put it on my plan to watch now :) . Yea Kariu is immature, but really all our character's in this anime are. They are portrayed really well as 17 year olds in that if they're great at something they're immature in another department. This is often how it is in real life as no one has their stuff together at the age of 17.

Very true. And Kariu DOES apologize so she knows what she did was wrong. Plus I feel the maturity gap is intended so as to make Kaizaki an important character (I had feared he would act exactly the same as any other anime teen MC but luckily I was wrong)

I appreciate your mature, logical way of thinking about this. By that I mean the symptoms of a complex and depression. Thank you for seeing my point about condoning, it grieves me whenever I see a character male or female adult or child do something horrible but with a flashback or emotional outburst they are forgiven :/

I hope you enjoy Kotoura san! The main male character is very unique and charismatic, he is hilarious and embraces his attraction to the female lead in a fun and expressive way. Kotoura herself is also a gem, a sad past but she still remains optimistic and kind! Not perfect but enjoyable. :)
Jul 2, 2016 8:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Kairu is torturing herself with this jealousy and her misunderstanding with Chizuru
Jul 2, 2016 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
Got some drama this episode..... it is really hard to not just watch all the episodes in one night!
Jul 3, 2016 7:09 AM
Mar 2014
Yaasss L`Arc En Ciel. Yaaaasss Honey! I fangirl so hard. Glad everything was solved fast.
Jul 3, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2013
So much drama. Kairu is causing her own drama and self-pitying. Never self-pity. It's the worse kind of torture. Recognize your weaknesses but don't aggrandize them to the point they affect your life. Well, without a doubt, they're going to clear this misunderstanding because we have Arata Onoya and the others to explain things for her and that's the magic of Anime and how these stories go. It will eventually be resolved but Oga will always be a dense motherfucker.
臭い-
Jul 3, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
wawon0 said:
terrible 1/10

There might have been a accidental boob grab in there somewhere..
---------My Profile------------
Jul 4, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2015
Oh wow this ending song is old '-'

intense episode, the background music is stressful
Jul 4, 2016 6:40 AM

Nov 2015
I still laugh whenever Hishiro smiles. Oh I wonder how is she going to react.

Jul 6, 2016 12:54 AM

Aug 2015
Damn all this misunderstanding all because of jealousy worst is that it's way getting below the belt now with stealing, man if only Kariu really knows the thing behind Hishiro's "smiles" it would never been led to this. :(
Jul 6, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
Kiriu is a nice girl, so is Chizuru, but jealousy speaks louder...
Jul 7, 2016 6:16 AM

May 2012
Another superb episode! That ending was quite interesting as well, let's see what's next!
Jul 7, 2016 2:13 PM

Nov 2014
the beginning wasn't very interesting but then it got pretty intense! I am liking this a lot so far. show has great waifus too.
Jul 8, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
Slowly I am progressing. (Too many other things to do and people online distracting me from anime.)

I like it. Good school setting + bit of romance. I wonder ... the guy might become a teacher later since he is trying to help others and experiencing school life from a different point of view now. Might be suited as a teacher.

Looking forwart to the next episodes. I hope at the end there will be 1 episode where he is back to normal and not only 5 minutes or suddenly ending. So the results of the experiment can be seen - if he changes in normal/older life then.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

519 by GrantLloyd »»
Jan 30, 9:06 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.