Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 23, 2016 1:15 PM
Aug 2014
jal90 said:

Not too fond of Sougo this arc, though. The guy looks like he's trying to force the shipping every time. I need some of his sadism back to confirm that he's still the same character as always xD

lolz yes we need the sadist sougo :p but it wouldn't fit in here,more then that we need that evil look back in his eyes when he is slaughtering,we did see it once but he was just overwhelmed by shoyo although he fought with all he had but shoyo! Sougo vs kamui was something else entirely (although the fight was for few seconds but damn !!!!!no words for that scene
Mar 23, 2016 1:45 PM

Aug 2014
Goddamn feels, Sakaki finally went out, and he did so with a bang! Only 1 more episode left...
Mar 23, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
i cried

that is all
Mar 23, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Sasaki gives his daughter's name to Nobume. Yeah you just thought about it now. I don't know anything else.
You still have something Sasaki, that's why go to that something and see for yourself that you have it. Die beside your something.
Run forward lads, you've got a man mountain named Gintoki with you
Sasaki seems dead.
DONT fucking tell me Kondo is dead too.
What the fuck is over you wankers?
Kondo isn't dead, his real body is the body of a gorilla and you won't be able to tell him apart because all gorillas look the fucking same.
Edo will always need them. GinTama will always need them, our Samurais.
You can look forward, there will be a silver mountain. No doubt.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! THE FUCKING REAL GORILLA IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH FUCK YOU TENDOSHUU OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS, GO BACK TO YOUR PISS POOR HEAVEN OBORO
Yeah go back to Edo, home.
You have it Sasaki, Nobume has it. Important things can never go away.
Yes just go with manko don't be too elite, that's the best name
Sasaki is too elite, in the end he went his OWN WAY by his OWN WILL. pu55ys can't kill Samurai.
Next episode: Smiles.
5/5
AhoNoGinMar 23, 2016 2:16 PM
Mar 23, 2016 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
what an outstanding but depressing episode, fuck you sorachi stop making me feel for the antagonists so much.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 23, 2016 3:15 PM

Aug 2010
The execution in this episode was 'gold'.

10/10 for this episode, tears were shed.
Mar 23, 2016 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
This was a really nice touch with nobume's eyes before and after this arc

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 23, 2016 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, the soundtrack was on point too.
I love seeing the reaction of people watching the anime only.

Now that it's nearly over, I hope they come back with another 12 episode season, there was too much still images in this arc, took away the gloomy atmosphere that the mangaka created.
Mar 23, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
my God that was good and dem feels man
Mar 23, 2016 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
That was great.
I had tears in my eyes at the end.
Mar 23, 2016 4:38 PM

Feb 2016
Oh god oh fuck

I just can't. That was the cruelest commercial break ever, and it's not even like I had commercials. Fuck that cut away just about destroyed me; I'm not strong enough for this shit.

Kondo was BA for the first damn time in 300+ episodes, and turns out I actually care about his hairy gorilla ass, and my heart just broke for Hiji/Sougo when they thought he was dead.

Great job rallying the troops, Gin. Sasaki, you bastard, I'm about to name my daughter Nobume after that. God. Seriously. Wrecked.

15/5
Mar 23, 2016 4:44 PM

Feb 2012
vak47 said:
shanimebib said:

It is widely said that Gintama never entered full comedy after the SA arc in the manga and that's why SA arc was also referred to as the point of no return.

Expect one more run of Gintama which will pull curtain to one of the greatest anime ever that will most likely end with the manga. :')

Oh really ! well if thats the case then it might reach to another height !!! but but gintama will end :*( how this anime started out and now what has become of it ! they will end manga first and then anime i guess like all other titles,and when will they return(i don't read the news so i don't know much about that :)? And how far has manga reached any news when that will end?

Manga is about to enter final arc this year.

And if it finishes this year as well, we might get a new Gintama anime in April 2017 to adapt the rest from this point on. (If that's what they plan, who knows).
Mar 23, 2016 4:48 PM

Feb 2011
Manly tears overflowing... damn you Kondo...

Isaburo and Nobume back-story is really good... they are like father and daughter...
Mar 23, 2016 7:21 PM
Oct 2015
Every week Gintama is getting better than the last. Gintama is a gag anime but its real strengths are character development and these serious arcs. I can't believe that next episode will be the last one for this season.
Mar 23, 2016 8:39 PM

Mar 2014
CG-Silver said:
ziggy_Z said:
Salty they didn't color this in

Other than that, obvious 5/5 is obvious.

By "color this in" do you mean the cool effect they usually do like in the ending of the first few episodes of this arc?
Nah I mean they should've animated that page as a scene, instead of how they did it separately.

Btw, what cool effects? I don't remember any xD
Mar 23, 2016 8:50 PM

Apr 2015
ziggy_Z said:
CG-Silver said:

By "color this in" do you mean the cool effect they usually do like in the ending of the first few episodes of this arc?
Nah I mean they should've animated that page as a scene, instead of how they did it separately.

Oh so this is what you meant. I thought separate was also great although that panel in manga is out of this world.

I meant this effect:

and

CG-SilverMar 23, 2016 8:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2016 8:53 PM

Mar 2014
CG-Silver said:
ziggy_Z said:

Oh so this is what you meant. I thought separate was also great although that panel in manga is out of this world.

I meant this effect:

Ahh, that would've been pretty cool way to do it.
Mar 23, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2014
Epic and really emotional Episode, Simply amazing in every way.
Teared up on many occasions ;_;

Actually thought Kondo died from the look on Hijikata and Sougo's faces, Never thought I'd be happy to see those pills.

Loved Katsura's small talk about how no matter what kind of Ideal, Conviction that Humans talk about in the end all they really want is companionship.

The conversation between Nobume and Sasaki about how they just wanted to stay by someone's side followed by the birth of the name 'Nobume- Child of Faith' and the inevitable death of Sasaki was just way too much for me to handle :(

JizzyHitler said:

The change in Nobume's eyes in the PV is a really beautiful but bittersweet change, Loved it.

Gintama ending next week :(, Why are they bent on making me sad?:(
Mar 23, 2016 9:59 PM

Oct 2011
Isaboro Sasakin RIP T____T
Mar 23, 2016 10:44 PM

Jan 2015
It's raining quite hard today isn't it? T^T RIP Sasaki Isaburo, you will be sincerely missed

I need to prepare for more tissues for the next/last episode, I guess...
Mar 23, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2015
I really liked the way they animated that flashback scene. Gonna be an emotional one next week.
:)
Mar 24, 2016 3:21 AM

Aug 2015
IMNOTCRYINIMNOTCRYINIMNOTCRYINIMNOTCRYINIMNOTCRYINIMNOTCRYIN

I chant this spell when i watch this episode. I have a got a spoiler from some friend that read the manga. Well, It's kind of disappointed that Nobume isn't the one who killed Sasaki's family. It really turned me down because Nobume's word from the other episode. Gorilla is really crash my heart into a piece ;w;

It make me more sad because next week will be the last episode.

Mar 24, 2016 6:16 AM
Jan 2016
I finally caught up with this series(been behind on three episodes) and my god..this was an emotional roller coaster. To see so much develop within this short of amount of time was insane!

Sasaki's backstory made me cry truly because it was a such a bitter thing for him but its also ironically touching because he still has a daughter that will live on.

Yeah, I cried tears.
Gintama is going on hiatus probably on the best note since we will all be ready for what's to come after this.
Mar 24, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2014
just one word....epic!!!
Mar 24, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, one more to go.

JizzyHitler said:

Agreed.
Mar 24, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
T his episode had so many plot twists and the twistiest plot twist of them all was Sasaki's death. I really believed he was gonna make it or at least die in Nebume's arms. This is so sad. As much as it pains me but the current arcs of Gintama is the reason I started watching it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 24, 2016 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
Even the death of a side character in Gintama will make you cry, this is why i love Gintama, there's no such thing as side characters. The bonds between every single character make the "Gintama" it self. just simply brilient

So basically next week will be the last episode, omg i can't believe Gintama is ending this fast. my heart is not ready for this.. i need a hug really
Mar 24, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2015
me : "i already read manga anyways, no way i would get that emotional".
BNP: "now cry you little bitch"
me : "FUCK YOU"

anyways, 10/10.

for everyone wondering about utsuro previous week, i just saying that shouyo sensei is
that's all.
TyrelMar 24, 2016 3:13 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 24, 2016 4:15 PM

May 2009
Feeltama ....I better go read manga and hope they will air my favorite show again....
Mar 24, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2015
Wow death's in Gintama are the most saddest since you've been watching some of these characters for years be part of the normal banter that this show's about and out of nowhere they're dead. Shocking, and well played the death was not in vein and was executed perfectly to hit them feels. The whole animation was spot on as well, not so in the start but around the middle. Great uses of soundtracks etc, 5/5 as usual.
Mar 25, 2016 2:53 AM

Jun 2013
I got teary-eyed when Nobume and Tetsunosuke were helping Isaburo stay upright as they tried to escape. :( So many feels.

I never knew I'd come to like Sasaki Isaburo. I mean, I liked his obsession with texting and mobile phones before but nothing else. Now my heart is aching for him TT___TT
臭い-
Mar 25, 2016 5:23 PM
Feb 2014
Superb episode, very well executed. I didn't cry but I couldn't help feeling that small pain in my heart and throat when I watched the flashbacks of Isaburo trying to name his child. And depression just kicked in when he was down :(

I can't believe only one episode left. What will I do every Wednesday now?
Mar 25, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
Well ****, I always liked Sasaki.

Gintama is supposed to make me fall of my chair laughing or shiver with amazing fights, and then this season has constantly made me feel things and shit... My heart feels betrayed.

Mar 26, 2016 6:02 AM

Dec 2015
JizzyHitler said:

beautiful T__T

#just me trying to get out of the chars rule
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Mar 26, 2016 10:55 PM

Feb 2013
That ringtone will forever echo in my ears..
Nobume... </////3
At least your eyes have finally brightened.
Mar 29, 2016 2:37 AM

Nov 2014
I don't want Gintama to end!!!!! Please no!!!!
Apr 1, 2016 6:07 AM

Aug 2012
ISABUROOOOOO! NOOO :(((((((((( (the tearsss)
[random thought: I love how most or maybe all of the "bad guys" aren't really bad at all in Gintama.]
That speech the Gintoki gave when they thought Isao was dead, & were about to give up (the tears) :((
I'm glad they all pulled together when they needed to <3
Apr 3, 2016 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
I really disliked Sasaki when he was first introduced to the anime and I feel so sad about his death now. Oh damn Gintama why do you do this to me. I feel so bad for Nobume too now ;__;
allo
Apr 8, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2009
Wow so many twists!!

I really thought Kondo had died, It looked like his head was beheaded.

Isaburo reamin the hero at the end. Poor Nobume. Bastard Utsuro killing him like that.

I doubt Oboro will be killed just like that.

Man so we're not seeing Takasugi till next season :(

Last episode!!!!!
Apr 18, 2016 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
The way Sasaki handled some things pissed me off but you could tell he wasn't all that bad because of all the cellphone/texting gags. Turns out he was just a tragic hero who's only reason to keep on living was revenge, that is until his last moments :( Also found it interesting that Nobume wasn't the one who killed his wife and daughter but actually tried to save them. All these feels.
Apr 19, 2016 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
Never really cared much for Sasaki until the last few episodes. Who would've known he's such a tragic character. RIP. Well that's sad but what's sadder is that the next episode is the last one. :(
May 12, 2016 7:32 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I think Sasaki had the saddest backstory in this anime. ;-; Poor him. I knew that Kondo didn't die, but I didn't expect Sasaki to pass away.

Nobume. <3

Some of the stuff they said was poignant, but as usual, they do get kind of cheesy with their dialogue.
May 23, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
Ah, so many feels... Poor Nobume... It was to be expected that Isaburo would die. As for Kondo, I was sure he used that pill to put himself into "suspended animation" :D And Oboro isn't probably dead yet...

After the episode Kondo-san was supposedly dead, I put Gintama on hold and wanted to end it quickly, because I couldn't accept what happened. Recently I've resumed watching and I'm really glad I did so.
Now I don't want it to end xD Though I'm aware it probably won't happen, but I'd like it go back to being more comedy.
Jun 5, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
damn feels roymustang.jpg

Jun 30, 2016 10:29 AM

May 2012
Decent development and buildup towards the ending, let's see what the last episode will have to offer us!
Jul 1, 2016 7:40 AM

Jun 2012
"Oh yeah we said Gintoki killed his teacher, the person that everyone respected and looked up to, BUT WAIT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF HE WASN'T DEAD AFTER ALL AND HE WAS RANDOMLY SOME EVIL SUPER GOD AND GINTOKI HAD TO FIGHT HIM!?!?"

"Oh yeah whitey dude is some heartless bastard who just wants to watch the whole country crumble, collapse, and burn. OH BUT WAIT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY WANT ANY OF THAT AND HE WAS SECRETLY JUST A HOMELY FAMILY GUY AT HEART WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT AND RESPECTS THOSE AROUND HIM?"

"Oh yeah souless-eye girl is just some heartless killer who cares not for anyone, killed whitey dude's wife and child, OH BUT WAIT she's actually just a misunderstood girl who wants to be cared for. OH AND WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF SHE ACTUALLY DIDN'T KILL WHITEY DUDE'S FAMILY AND ACTUALLY TRIED TO SAVE THEM THE ENTIRE TIME?"

This whole arc is nothing but "Wouldn't it be cool if?..." writing. It's abysmal. I'm struggling to sit through this. The writing is absolutely garbage and every character's personality and goals are constantly getting double taked. Countless amounts of fake "oh this character is dead/going to die now" followed up by "wait they aren't actually dead haha jk". Nobody in this entire show right now is actually in any kind of danger, every non-named generic enemy is a pushover who dies instantly if any of the named cast so much as sneezes in their direction. "Oh, giant squardron of elite soldiers just showed up? Too bad for them, I'm part of the Main Cast™ and I'm wearing my complementary set of Plot Armor© so it actually just doesn't matter". Whitey cops and blacky cops are at each other's throats, killing each other, and then a few flashbacks later they're all chummy buddies who are trying to save each other.

This is so bad. How does this still have a 9.39 rating on MAL? Gintama was a completely, entirely different show during its first two seasons. Go back and rewatch some of the first episodes, and it's like you're watching an entirely different show. This isn't the same Gintama I fell in love with anymore. This is bottom tier garbage that's only keeping my attention because I've become attached to the characters, but even the characterization of everyone in this series is just being chopped up, mixed around, and forgotten about. Only one episode left and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad Gintama is ending. I'm just going to pretend like this never happened. I have to go rewatch the first few seasons now to wash this trash out of my mind.
LarasoJul 1, 2016 8:23 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 1, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Laraso said:
"Oh yeah we said Gintoki killed his teacher, the person that everyone respected and looked up to, BUT WAIT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF HE WASN'T DEAD AFTER ALL AND HE WAS RANDOMLY SOME EVIL SUPER GOD AND GINTOKI HAD TO FIGHT HIM!?!?"

This actually has been foreshadowed quite some times. It's not just a "WHAT IF" situation, the manga really explains the depth of Utsuro's character. Trust me, he is just not any other generic villain. To understand his character better, you can read chapters 590, 591, 593, 594.

Laraso said:
"Oh yeah whitey dude is some heartless bastard who just wants to watch the whole country crumble, collapse, and burn. OH BUT WAIT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY WANT ANY OF THAT AND HE WAS SECRETLY JUST A HOMELY FAMILY GUY AT HEART WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT AND RESPECTS THOSE AROUND HIM?"

He never wanted the country to crumble, collapse, and burn. He was just following order as a police officer is supposed to. There is nothing wrong with obeying the law.

Laraso said:
"Oh yeah souless-eye girl is just some heartless killer who cares not for anyone, killed whitey dude's wife and child, OH BUT WAIT she's actually just a misunderstood girl who wants to be cared for. OH AND WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF SHE ACTUALLY DIDN'T KILL WHITEY DUDE'S FAMILY AND ACTUALLY TRIED TO SAVE THEM THE ENTIRE TIME?"

Now I'm failing to understand what's the problem here. This might be more on a personal level for you so I can't really see what's the complaining about. It's normal for any series to have it's fair share of revelations.

Laraso said:
This whole arc is nothing but "Wouldn't it be cool if?..." writing. It's abysmal. I'm struggling to sit through this. The writing is absolutely garbage and every character's personality and goals are constantly getting double taked.
Anything for any anime can be told by your WHAT IF situation. I'm not even joking, put any series here and I'll insert a WHAT IF and make unreasonable arguments on it. The character development and growth is actually one of the best in this arc. We got to know Shinsengumi on more of a personal level and how hopeless they could be without their leader.

Laraso said:
This is so bad. How does this still have a 9.39 rating on MAL? Gintama was a completely, entirely different show during its first two seasons. Go back and rewatch some of the first episodes, and it's like you're watching an entirely different show. This isn't the same Gintama I fell in love with anymore. This is bottom tier garbage that's only keeping my attention because I've become attached to the characters, but even the characterization of everyone in this series is just being chopped up, mixed around, and forgotten about. Only one episode left and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad Gintama is ending. I'm just going to pretend like this never happened. I have to go rewatch the first few seasons now to wash this trash out of my mind.

This show actually doesn't have a 9.39 on MAL, double check to make sure you're checking MALs ratings and not any other site.

Gintama wasn't just going to finish with a "happy go lucky" ending. It has a plot and it can't be ignoring the issues at hand. This is no "top tier garbage", you're being over-dramatic because they finally started tackling with the main issues. The characterisation had no issues what so ever, they may act like they don't care about each other but whenever there was a problem, these characters did show their true colors and how they care about each other.

I actually have no problems with your over-dramatic situation, but the way you've phrased most of your sentences seems like a baseless and pathetic criticism that most of the time doesn't exist. You could've just written that you're afraid of change and that'd have made more sense. Lastly, calm down, you're hitting the CAPS way too hard :)

too lazy to reply
CG-SilverJul 1, 2016 3:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2012
CG-Silver said:
This actually has been foreshadowed quite some times. It's not just a "WHAT IF" situation, the manga really explains the depth of Utsuro's character. Trust me, he is just not any other generic villain. To understand his character better, you can read chapters 590, 591, 593, 594.

The only thing this anime showed was his backstory, which led all the way up to the part where Gintoki supposedly killed him. That's it, that's all they ever showed in the anime, and they never raised any suspicion that he might still be alive. I never read the manga so if it's foreshadowed there, then whatever. If so, they did a piss poor job of translating that to the anime.

CG-Silver said:
He never wanted the country to crumble, collapse, and burn. He was just following order as a police officer is supposed to. There is nothing wrong with obeying the law.

He wasn't following orders, if you pay any attention to what was happening they clearly explained that he planned everything out and led everyone here in hopes to kill everyone off including himself and end the era of Samurai (which if you go back and watch the first few episodes of the original seasons of Gintama, that era is supposed to already be long gone and samurai are supposed to be virtually extinct already, but somewhere along the line the author of Gintama forgot everything about the original premise of this series and broke that plot point a loooong time ago so it's somewhat irrelevant in this context). Then, a few flashbacks later, suddenly he doesn't care about that anymore and he spontaneously tries to save the people he was literally up until a few moments ago trying to kill. That's not character development, that's bad writing.

CG-Silver said:
Now I'm failing to understand what's the problem here. This might be more on a personal level for you so I can't really see what's the complaining about. It's normal for any series to have it's fair share of revelations.

The problem is that the anime leads you up to believe that she's a heartless killer who doesn't care about anyone, and then at breakneck speeds just spontaneously breaks that entire archetype they created for her, and she spontaneously starts acting like a human being. It's not the fact that she had a hidden personality that got revealed that bothered me, it's the fact that the way the story was written in which that hidden personality was revealed was extremely messy and very poorly written. After revealing that she's not so heartless deep down, they also reveal that she originally killed Sasaki's family, but then very quickly later retract that and go "oh nope actually she tried to save them". All of the flashbacks leading up to that were building on the fact that she killed his family, that she was some sort of "child of death", and then BAM out of nowhere they spontaneously reverse that and now she's actually just a good girl who tried to save everyone. So Sasaki and Nobume have known each other since her childhood, all this time with the idea that she had killed his family, and then randomly at the end of the episode Sasaki goes "oh but maybe that was wrong this entire time, this crazy idea just came to me that maybe you actually just tried to save them lol, its cool". This was never discussed between them before? They never had a conversation about this until just now? And if that was the case this entire time, why spend half the episode showing flashbacks holding back information in order to lead people to believe one thing, if you're just going to reverse that and say something completely different happened in the last half? Get real.

CG-Silver said:
Anything for any anime can be told by your WHAT IF situation. I'm not even joking, put any series here and I'll insert a WHAT IF and make unreasonable arguments on it. The character development and growth is actually one of the best in this arc. We got to know Shinsengumi on more of a personal level and how hopeless they could be without their leader.

You're clearly not understanding what is meant by "What if?". When I say that the plot can be summed up by "Wouldn't it be cool if...?", I'm saying that the plot is very poorly written and it gives the impression that whoever came up with the plot was all out of ideas and just started continuously putting in the first idea that came to mind that sounded cool, without any actual planning or attention to detail, or regards to characters. There was a lot of character development in this episode, yes, but it was bad and terribly written and usually felt very spontaneous.

You also conveniently left out the last part of that paragraph I wrote, criticizing the overwhelming amount of plot armor the characters have, and also the spontaneous change of heart that occured between the entire shinsengumi and mimawarigumi for no real reason (which is especially retarded considering that there was a huge animosity between those two groups, and it suddenly just all goes away because we are shown a couple of flashbacks). Do you not have a response to that?

CG-Silver said:
This show actually doesn't have a 9.39 on MAL, double check to make sure you're checking MALs ratings and not any other site.

You're right, and 9.39 was a typo, I meant to type 9.28 but my finger was one letter to far to the left. Regardless, a difference of .11 in rating makes hardly any difference at all.

CG-Silver said:
Gintama wasn't just going to finish with a "happy go lucky" ending. It has a plot and it can't be ignoring the issues at hand. This is no "top tier garbage", you're being over-dramatic because they finally started tackling with the main issues. The characterisation had no issues what so ever, they may act like they don't care about each other but whenever there was a problem, these characters did show their true colors and how they care about each other.

I never said I wanted a "happy go lucky ending". I sure didn't want this huge, messy, pathetic excuse for a plot though. And yes, there was problems with the characterization, and there has been for quite a while now, not just in this season but also the past season as well. This arc was just the breaking point where I can barely even recognize the characters anymore. Go watch the first couple of seasons of Gintama and you'll feel like you're watching a completely different show.

CG-Silver said:
I actually have no problems with your over-dramatic situation, but the way you've phrased most of your sentences seems like a baseless and pathetic criticism that most of the time doesn't exist. You could've just written that you're afraid of change and that'd have made more sense. Lastly, calm down, you're hitting the CAPS way too hard :)

This whole last paragraph just reads as you being a condescending prick and completely disregarding my opinion. Not even going to bother responding if you keep that up.
LarasoJul 1, 2016 11:41 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 2, 2016 7:33 AM

Apr 2015
Laraso said:
This whole last paragraph just reads as you being a condescending prick and completely disregarding my opinion. Not even going to bother responding if you keep that up.

Calm down Mr. Hot Boiled Blooded-kun, you're being way too triggered for a small argument on internet. I've never disregarded your opinion, I'm disregarding your way of speaking though. I'll be posting on your profile rather than write here since you've actually listed down your problem rather than writing your frustration like in your previous post. Remember this is a discussion, let's not be angry over a discussion :)

Btw I didn't know you'd fall for a bait so hard
Jul 23, 2016 12:21 AM

Feb 2014
That was the saddest episode I have ever seen, I was legit crying. They played the perfect ost at the right moment too.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

251 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 6:09 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.