Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2015
I found it pretty good, the ending was kinda Cliche, but who cares, it's a happy ending, and we got at least roughly 7-10 good episodes out of the 12, the artwork was amazing and so was the music. So In my opinion it's a slight better anime then the good ones 9.3/10
Jun 30, 2016 5:34 PM

Feb 2015
lmao @ the rating drop
Jun 30, 2016 5:35 PM
Dec 2013
CodeBlazeFate said:
What a poor way to end the series. Sure, the action was as well done as ever, but it was stupid! Steroid Ikoma gets OP power for no real reason, and it got real stupid real fast. Sure, Biba gets a bit better as a villain here, even recognizing that he was indeed a coward while he was being stabbed by Ikoma, and even did a nice thing by actually curing him (even if it was so he could challenge him) but everything revolving around that action was a total asspull that actually broke a few rules about the show, those being: If a Kabane/Kabaneri gets stabbed in the heart, they will die, the white blood thing cures automatically (as the episode showed us right before), and a few others. Sigh...

This show wasn't as good as it could've been...

At least it fun while it lasted, even if it ended up a Trainwreck in the last few episodes...

Maybe the serum takes longer to affect males.
Jun 30, 2016 5:37 PM

Sep 2013
Kurusu does nothing (except fighting Kabane on a railroad off-screen, presumably) when he should've fought Uryuu. Instead, both characters are wasted and Uyruu's scene when he intimidated the princess and Kurusu was completely pointless.

The Mumei-controlled kaiju was sooo disappointing. I was expected Ikoma to use his train-flipping powers against it then find Mumei, but instead it just fainted when she saw him.

Biba shows up and fights Ikoma for like 2 minutes. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, but it was a poor payoff after all this wait and build up.

This isn't even getting into Biba's dumb philosophy, or how he's evil for no good reason (expect that he's a dick).

Kurusu's connection and relationship to the Princess isn't explored is given no resolution besides seeing that Kurusu likes her - which we already knew from like 5 episodes ago!

This show was sooooo rushed. It needed a lot more time to properly develop everyone. Only Ikoma and Mumei got any attention, and Biba only got a token backstory.

Disappointed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
Steroid Ikoma gets OP power for no real reason, and it got real stupid real fast.
Really? Did you not watch the end of episode 11? The black blood Ikoma injected himself with gave him enormous power in exchange for quickly eating away at his life (which we see, as it destroys his vision).
Jun 30, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2016
Phoebe3315 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Steroid Ikoma gets OP power for no real reason, and it got real stupid real fast.
Really? Did you not watch the end of episode 11? The black blood Ikoma injected himself with gave him enormous power in exchange for quickly eating away at his life (which we see, as it destroys his vision).

Still, he shouldn't be so God Tier enough to send a train flying by merely defensively putting his hands up front before collision.
Jun 30, 2016 5:51 PM

Apr 2016
xnakelx said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
What a poor way to end the series. Sure, the action was as well done as ever, but it was stupid! Steroid Ikoma gets OP power for no real reason, and it got real stupid real fast. Sure, Biba gets a bit better as a villain here, even recognizing that he was indeed a coward while he was being stabbed by Ikoma, and even did a nice thing by actually curing him (even if it was so he could challenge him) but everything revolving around that action was a total asspull that actually broke a few rules about the show, those being: If a Kabane/Kabaneri gets stabbed in the heart, they will die, the white blood thing cures automatically (as the episode showed us right before), and a few others. Sigh...

This show wasn't as good as it could've been...

At least it fun while it lasted, even if it ended up a Trainwreck in the last few episodes...

Maybe the serum takes longer to affect males.

Odd and not entirely easy to justify, but with enough reasoning, it could work. That's what makes this show fail in the story department. The fact that questionable stuff like that aren't given good and scientific explainations to make us buy how radical these thing are.
Jun 30, 2016 5:54 PM

Dec 2015
Biba's death I'm satisfied. This last seemed a little rushed but still was pretty good. Now the question is what's next? S2? Ova? or leave it as is?
Jun 30, 2016 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
Phoebe3315 said:
Still, he shouldn't be so God Tier enough to send a train flying by merely defensively putting his hands up front before collision.
Alright, well this is pretty subjective, I think it's fair though considering he only pulled that power out a couple times and was quickly dying.
Jun 30, 2016 5:59 PM
Jun 2010
For everyone wondering how Ikoma survived, when Biba shot Ikoma while he was unconscious, it was with the white blood.
Jun 30, 2016 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
That was...kinda underwhelming considering the way the show started off. The ending was the typical Protag vs Antag setup with a happy ending that kinda made it feel like it wasn't actually Kabaneri. That being said, it was very lackluster for an ending. 7/10 for the series as a whole.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 30, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2016
Phoebe3315 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Alright, well this is pretty subjective, I think it's fair though considering he only pulled that power out a couple times and was quickly dying.

It's mainly aggravating because we had no proof of that before (even episode 9 hyper beam was bottled up energy being barfed up) so watching him go DBZ on us is upsetting since, not only do we not have a proper explaination as to how those steroids could game him like that, but it is son unlike what this show should be like. If you told me that when I was watching episode 1, that in the finale, Ikoma could send a Trau flying with his bare hands, I would be dumbfounded by such a stupid answer. A steampunk zombie apocalypse shouldn't have things like this in it.

Albeit, to be fair, when a person's body gets low on essentials, it CAN unleash it's full power until you give it the nutrients it needs, but this was that taken to the extreme.
Jun 30, 2016 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
Not sure what to say. Would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy most of that. But parts left me scratching my head. I knew Ikoma was ultimately going to survive. Can't say I have a problem with it. Not as much as I do with how many times eating rice was mentioned in this episode.

*rollseyes*
Jun 30, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2012
Ikoma & Kurusu team up was cool to see. Ikoma got a strong power up there. Freaking repelled a train.
Kinda wished Ikoma vs Biba was a bit longer, but Mumei was saved & killed her brother in the end.
They all managed to escape on the Koutetsujou.

Overall an enjoyable show. Art & Animation was great as well as a awesome OST.
2nd season maybe. Wouldn't really mind.
8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 30, 2016 6:21 PM

Sep 2011
6/10. Honestly, it had potential, but... Biba as a villain was the worst thing this show could've done. Out of all possible type of villains, it was a "I want revenge" character. Zzzz.
Jun 30, 2016 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
Wow I can only remember a few endings that were worse than this one, seriously. Full of plot conveniencies and it felt totally rushed. 3.5/10 for the anime, at least it ended.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Jun 30, 2016 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Well, I thought this episode was honestly kind of disappointing considering how much hype the last episode was. But honestly( it was kinda expected. Although, I did enjoy the action throughout the series. I think this one deserves a 7/10
Jun 30, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2010
overall a very flawed,predictable,rushed,inconsistent show with lazy and too convenient writing that took soo much from SnK but brought nothing new to the table. Animation was top notch.

In the end for me personally Biba RUINED this anime the moment his character got introduced.

in a few weeks i will have forgotten completely about this anime because that is what it is, FORGETTABLE.

4/10
Jun 30, 2016 6:26 PM

Sep 2010
Good OST and art, but that was about it. I'm glad Kurusu survived the series he was easily the best character.

6/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 30, 2016 6:34 PM
Feb 2016
This was a great episode but nonetheless rushed.

But who said being rushed is a bad thing?

The only remark I must leave is that the symbolism and Ikoma's OP was just over the top, there was no need for those things.

I will miss this series with all my heart and those fantastic characters that made it great. 8/10

And let's not forget this:

Jun 30, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2014
I, for one, liked the happy ending that they decided to give this anime. I had a few rough bumps in episode 10 (you guys know the scene), but other than that it was really an entertaining ride.

I totally didn't expect Biba to be a Kabaneri, but I should've known once they tried to give him the white blood vial.

Music: it was amazing as befit of the God that is Sawano.

Overall I really enjoyed it but now as much as SnK. The lack of being only 12 episodes also hurt this anime because it felt rushed at times.
Jun 30, 2016 6:35 PM

Jan 2016
It's a shame what this show turned into. If only they could have delivered on their original premise. Kabane masses and Biba were a mistake. DBZ powerups? There's no way this is getting any higher than a 5.
FragOutFireJun 30, 2016 6:48 PM
Jun 30, 2016 6:42 PM

Aug 2015
Senpaoi said:
I felt like I was watching a bad adaptation. So I'm looking forward to the manga.
This isn't based on any existing manga though.
Jun 30, 2016 6:44 PM

Sep 2015
Given how much they built up the final Ikoma vs Biba fight, that actual fight was very lackluster compared to all the fighting we've seen so far in this series. I am pretty dissapointed in how that fight scene went, I was pretty excited for it over the past few weeks, and now I'm just left here hanging.

Mumei was saved and Biba was killed. I am very glad those two outcomes came to be. After all Biba has done it would have been awful if he was taken to jail or something similar, he needed to die if there was going to be any closure. Mumei getting saved was my own personal wish, I have a soft spot for cute girls and with the way things were going, it was pretty easy to speculate how her fate would end up.

Mumei being the one to finish off Biba had a powerful symbolic meaning behind it but it didn't satisfy me as much if Ikoma had done it I think. The butterfly scene, while cliche, was very pretty especially when the music kicked in. That one moment will probably be in my head for some time. Still on the topic of Mumei, I felt her reactions and emotions to be a bit unbelievably hollow. Personally I would have liked it if she had shown just a bit more emotion given what she experienced.

Overall I enjoyed the series a lot. It was a fun adventure with a good amount of satisfying action. The finale however, was very weak compred to the rest of the series and it left me wanting more. Even though I am slightly dissapointed with how the ending was executed, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri was a pretty good watch and I think it was one of the better shows of the spring season.

Potential for sequel? 8/10 Would watch.
Jun 30, 2016 6:45 PM

Jan 2016

yeah whatever no one cares by this point
Jun 30, 2016 6:50 PM
May 2012
Finally that hot pile of garbage and finished.
Jun 30, 2016 6:50 PM

Apr 2013
What do you expect from the Guilty Crown director and script anyway
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jun 30, 2016 6:57 PM

Oct 2013
@gust11 @gust11 nope Kaberi would have ended last week if it hadn't gotten delayed.
Jun 30, 2016 7:00 PM

Oct 2014
Okaaay the ride is over...

2/3 for music(0,9) and art(1,25). Art was quite detailed and despite using a lot of still images, action scenes were nice to watch and the backgrounds were a treat. I still remember how detailed that station with the first black mist looked. Music is alright, hype when is supposed to be hype, yet I don't think is memorable. If fulfills it purpose despite that.

Plot is all over the place (0,75/3). A lot of conveniences and inconsistencies. I do like how they tried to show and don't tell, but failed to convey the most dubious things beforehand, like arm amputation and virus spread rate. Stuff that is relevant for world building and secondary belief. Also sudden powerups. Also brainwash in form of indoctrination and drugs. I appreciate they tried to talk about fear though.

Characters are bland (0,75/4). The one that shows more of herself is Mumei, despite beign inmature and that can make her unlikeable. Ikoma started nice with him actually doing things, but ended as another angsty teenager, which again can make him unlikeable. Biba, despite his vendetta background, was shown as a madman and evil because evil, so still the unlikeability chance is there. The rest were one note, and some of them even stupidly convenient for the plot (like when map guy was trapped for no apparent reason in Wazatori episode and he just so happened to know geography). Despite that, the main ones stood out and Mumei got some development, but nothing to give a lot of score, really.

Aesthetically it stands out, and the few action scenes were cool, but the sometimes unlikeable and genericly excecuted characters and the nonsensical plot are there. So 4/10, with Apathy as enjoyment rating.

Did I mention I ended loving that OP? At first I thougth they tried too hard at sounding epic, but that dubstep backtrack grew on me.

FlameSpeedster said:
Senpaoi said:
I felt like I was watching a bad adaptation. So I'm looking forward to the manga.

I think there was supossed to be a manga adaptation of this. Just like NHK, they could took liberties and add/substract stuff. It could end up beign the better of the 2.
ThieveryJun 30, 2016 7:03 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 30, 2016 7:00 PM

Jan 2009
wow Biba actually saved Ikoma by injecting him with white blood serum off screen
Jun 30, 2016 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
FlameSpeedster said:
Senpaoi said:
The manga adaptation is going to continue the story.
Jun 30, 2016 7:08 PM

Aug 2015
Senpaoi said:
FlameSpeedster said:
Pay attention to my wording. Anyway, I doubt the adaptation will change all that much.
Jun 30, 2016 7:11 PM
Jul 2015
I thought the series was pretty good.

What's with all the Biba haters though I loved his character. Thought he was a cool villain with depth beyond the whole revenge thing.

But I feel like a lot was left on the table, with biba, the main characters--everyone. Show was definitely worth watching, but there's definitely a sense of, why did I go through those storylines for it to end so abruptly? Where is the part where we see bibas research or learn the true nature of kabane? That's my main qualm.

Reminds me of zombieland ending actually...
Jun 30, 2016 7:17 PM

Jun 2012
I liked how it ended. I expected more after the first few episodes. I feel like it is set up for a second season.
Jun 30, 2016 7:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Biba single handedly was the cause for all the problems i have in this finale. Why did he give Ikoma the white blood...we'll never know. Forced change in character my ass. Most lame antagonist i've seen in anime lately.

Everything else was surprisingly well done with Ikoma and Kurusu going in, Mumei was the best in this episode, the art and animation went a level up. It wasn't as rushed as i expected it to be.

7/10.
Jun 30, 2016 7:19 PM

Aug 2014
Gonna give this a high score only because I was fully expecting either Mumei or Ikoma to die. Never thought I'd rate a series higher because of a happy ending, but at least it wasn't far fetched. Why Biba decided to save Ikoma, though? No idea, would be great if someone could clarify that.

The whole show felt rushed for some reason, like a quick money grab. Objectively speaking it's above your average snore-fest anime, though it's nowhere near perfect.

Final episode: 3.5/5
Series overall: 7/10

I would watch a season two.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jun 30, 2016 7:27 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was decent. This episode had a open endimg which means season 2 is a possibility, although the BD sales aren't really great or anything.
Jun 30, 2016 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
FlameSpeedster said:
Senpaoi said:
Pay attention to my wording. Anyway, I doubt the adaptation will change all that much.
Huh... You're the one that wasn't paying attention dumbass. I never said it was based on an existing manga. I said I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 30, 2016 7:33 PM
Apr 2015
After Biba brought the chaos to the world, he felt empty then asking what he will destroy next. Uhm, how I put this? Like when people reached their goals they will feel the same thing like he, lost their reason to live. It just reminded me Hakuryuu from Magi somehow. Okay enough for this.
About this show, I will give it 7/10. TBH, I pretty like Ikoma in this show ( please dont compare him with Eren, he is better than him )
Second season? I will watch it for sure.
Jun 30, 2016 7:34 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The steam punk background was nicely done in the series. At the end, I guess it was a nice ending for the whole scheme of things. I don't think that I could have come up with anything better or as good truthfully. I still drop my score by 1 since I really came to dislike Mumei a ton by the end. Too many deaths due to her actions....for whatever reason ....and there were many....lol. 8/10
Jun 30, 2016 7:40 PM
Sep 2014
final thought : 3/5
not bad, not great.
suffering from the overhyping at the beginning and stupid fanboys over reaction.

justin biba saving ikoma in the end was not expected though.
Jun 30, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
Ending was cliche as expected.
As for when Biba injected Ikoma with that white blood serum....it was when he shot him while he was unconscious. As for why? Probably couse he wanted to fight more against opponent he was looking for....someone who isnt ruled by fear like most of other humans. Fear of other humans and fear or fighting for something with all they got.
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jun 30, 2016 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
I'd just like to highlight one thing that deserves more attention: Ayame's little speech to the people of Kongokaku about eliminating "our doubting hearts and minds," which was DESTROYED by her having just betrayed those very same people, directly leading to the deaths of their own wives, children, parents, friends....

Angry_Always said:
Love this anime but god damn I HATE Ayame. She carries responsibility for chosing her small train population over an entire god damn city by not opposing Biba and it is never brought up. She wears pink constantly and speaks in a lovely way that makes her seem like an angel and I'm there thinking 'she fucking helped cause a massacre because of her selfishness'. And yes, choosing to save your friends over thousands of people IS selfishness.

Eh, in the end I still like Ayame.

Mumei, too. I can't hold against them that they were written into situations I wish they'd been spared from. (Not that I *sympathize* with Mumei the way the writers intended, but I don't revile her the way many viewers seem to.)

Star Trek conundrum? "The needs of the many...."

Oddly enough, I find it much easier to forgive their mass genocide than to forgive male characters in romance anime who don't treat their women right (I haven't yet encountered a memorable female character who did likewise).

I love this show in the brief moments when it's just Oddball Family On A Train, without the daft villainy and attempts at commentary on human nature.
Jun 30, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 2015
Production values were very high, at least.

It's clear from the beginning there was an intent for there to some deeper meaning about fear wrecking human decency. But it doesn't work at all.
Of course people are going to be scared because of the zombies outside every city gate.
Why did the shogun slash his back in episode 11? Was he a kabaneri then and that's why?
I don't know, because there isn't enough explanation.
What's Biba scared of? I don't know. He's just some nihilistic mass murderer.

I have no idea why they felt the need to show Biba's body getting some kind of burial with a shroud and flowers, that's like putting flowers on the grave of Hitler.

The folks riding on the Koyetsujo had an opportunity to become some interesting characters, but they were pretty much disappeared into the background in favor of a bunch of repugnant thugs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 30, 2016 8:04 PM

Jul 2014
It was rushed but it was still fun to watch. having only 12 episodes was its biggest weakness, didnt allow for proper story writing and development
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 30, 2016 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
So much good yet so much bad, some things about the show I want to give a 4/10 and others a 9/10.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jun 30, 2016 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
keragamming said:
@gust11 @gust11 nope Kaberi would have ended last week if it hadn't gotten delayed.
Yeah that makes more sense
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 30, 2016 8:13 PM

May 2015
A decent show. This show kinda tapered off for me when Biba and company showed up. I really wished this show stuck to the "survivors trying to survive on a train" premise that it began with though.

I mean we never got to learn more about the Kabaneri, the Kabane, and whatever the fuck the giant monster that started this whole mess was. I guess what I'm saying is that the show shifted focus completely away from what should have been the primary antagonist: the Kabane horde.

Despite all that, I really like the art, direction, sound, and the characters were ok enough to stand out as good to me. I rate 8/10.
Jun 30, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
Plot went stupid halfway through, characters got pretty much no development, and it felt rushed as hell.

On the other hand, the first episode was fantastic and the music and visuals were top notch for the most part.

6/10 lots of wasted potential
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 30, 2016 8:17 PM

Mar 2013
They could of make an episode 13 or something. It just feels unsatisfying...
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

544 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 8, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.