Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2016 1:24 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time for the festival, and a confession. Kaizaki got pretty jealous there when Hishiro was with Yoake. The confession took place on a sidewalk instead of a park/bench (It was still pretty cute though). The fireworks were nice and that moment with Kaizaki and Hishiro was great. And we get to know that Hishiro is a ReLIFE subject too.

Overall great series. Adaptation wise it was fine. Some minor things were cut out, but a lot was rearranged. It still worked though.

8-9/10
GoldenDevilGamerJun 29, 2016 8:44 PM
Jun 28, 2016 10:11 PM

Dec 2013

Ooga is really soooooooooooo cute ! (it's my new wallpaper ///////)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2016 7:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
quirow said:
I have yet to watch anything aside from episode 1 but roughly estimating it seems TMS adapted up till around chapter 110. So minus episode 1 what is that about 7 chapters in each episode? What was the point in rushing episode one to the point that it was a disaster when they plan on going at a steady pace after that? I mean I see that some stuff were switched around so I guess I'll just have to see for myself when it gets officially released.
A lot of the stuff that was skipped in episode 1, appear in episode 2. It's more rearranged than rushed.
Jun 29, 2016 9:49 AM
May 2015
Ahh, they ended on the festival arc...Now I won't get to see:

Edit: Now that I finished the series. I can finally provide my opinions on this episode. Overall, it was a great finale. I had a hunch that they (the anime version) would end it here while I was reading the manga because most animes that I've watched ends in a fire work festival. Though, I wasn't expecting Hishiron to be revealed as Subject No. 001 because that happens much later in the manga. It sucks that they didn't have enough time to go in-depth with Hishiron's past and what made the ReLife Lab pick her. I won't say much but all I have to say to you anime viewers is it's got something to do with her personality.

The confession scene between Oga-Dense-kun and Kairu is a bit different here. You remember Kaizaki and Hishiron having a conversation alone on that park near a bench? In the manga version, that's where Oga confessed to Kairu after they decided to go there. To add a bit comedy, the gang were watching them and waited hours (?) before Oga finally picked up his balls and confessed. It was definitely more funnier and intense in the manga. In the anime version, he confessed right out of nowhere in the bridge which completely surprised me. Am I disappointed with the changes? Definitely not because the dialogue was still exactly the same. The only difference is they changed the setting and their friends wasn't spying on them in the anime version.

I'm happy for TMS Entertainment though. Even though they made some changes and cut a couple of scenes throughout the series, it was still a great and mostly faithful adaptation. Tokyo Ghoul fans are probably pissed right now that TMS Entertainment didn't adapt their manga..hehe.

My score for this series will be 9/10..Same rating I gave for the manga

Before I end this, I have one more thing to say:

SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!

jc9622Jul 7, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 29, 2016 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
jc9622 said:

Saw someone saying that it did get revealed, not sure though, will find out on July 1st
Jun 29, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
I really don't like how they did the release of this show.
Jun 29, 2016 6:39 PM

May 2013
thiagopv said:
jc9622 said:

Saw someone saying that it did get revealed, not sure though, will find out on July 1st

yeah, it revealed on festival.
and like their said 'what the point of that if you are forget it'.
hope there is season 2.
Jun 29, 2016 8:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
thiagopv said:
jc9622 said:

Yeah, it gets revealed when Hishiro and Kaizaki watch the fireworks.
Jul 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Feb 2009
what's happening I don't get why I'm seeing all the episode released already when the anime just started airing? can someone explain to me?
Jul 1, 2016 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
lady-leen said:
what's happening I don't get why I'm seeing all the episode released already when the anime just started airing? can someone explain to me?

They all got released on the 28th June on a app and also today Crunchyroll is releasing all 13 episodes for premium members to bing watch in one go.
Jul 1, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Doesnt matter if westerners like it. This is a great business model. They put all the episodes on the same app that has the source material. Meaning that it will boost interest in the app, anime, and source material all in 1 place. Then they will get addition disc sales that will satisfy the publishers. This is one of the most innovative thing anime has done.

The netflix era is coming.
Jul 1, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2009
linternboy said:
lady-leen said:

They all got released on the 28th June on a app and also today Crunchyroll is releasing all 13 episodes for premium members to bing watch in one go.

So that means its already finished airing in the app but it will be airing in the TV every week? I don't get why are they doing it like this? If all the episodes are released then no one will watch from the TV xD
Jul 1, 2016 9:09 AM

Oct 2014
lady-leen said:
linternboy said:

So that means its already finished airing in the app but it will be airing in the TV every week? I don't get why are they doing it like this? If all the episodes are released then no one will watch from the TV xD

As far as I am aware it is still getting aired weekly on TV and as for how many people will watch it on TV that is anyone's guess.
Jul 1, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2012
What a time to be alive for anime fans in general, the show hasn't even hit Japanese TV's and we already watched the whole series,

Crunchy got 11/13 episodes out in subbed as of now, so yeah reserve a night just for yourself and hit that ReLife binge watching.

Anyway onto the finale, it was pretty good spot to end the series, all this mess with the comico app feels like the anime was just a one big add for it, so I don't really expect a second season, especially cause they covered like what 100+ chapters, and manga is on chapter 133 now, so yeah no way.

At least not anytime soon, overall pretty enjoyable series, it was nice to refresh some of those cute moments as this manga is one of my favs so I'm kinda biased but it is what it is.
Jul 1, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2013
Top freaking out of laugh.
What's with this airing strategy?
Jul 1, 2016 10:45 AM
Apr 2016
I feel like Hishiro's Secret shock value would decrease when binge watching the anime but then again you won't get spoiled by manga readers
Jul 1, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Mhm... i guess it's about time i finished reading the manga... i stopped in the 100s

Jul 1, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
Fuck, and I think'd that I somehow traveled into future....I was like wtf....looked at the calendar, day, hours...and I was like, wtf???? It's still July 1st 2016....I was freak'd out by this phenomenon...yeah, like seriously I was scared shitless when I thinked where my 3 months of summer went...no, I'm not joking...when I saw all 13 episodes with comments in them...I was really scared....but when I readed some coments of the last episode, I somehow managed to calm down....thank GOD I didn't traveled into future...phewww
Jul 1, 2016 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
Wait wait wait wait....what the fuck is this?
Did it release all 13 eps or some shit? I dont even....
Jul 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2015
I'm super glad that they pulled a Netflix and dropped the entire season on our heads in one go, but frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed. I hate to be that guy, but it did not live up to the manga. They rushed through the story, and the VAs felt extremely mismatched for the most part.
Jul 1, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
This is it, the moment of truth. The moment where Oga finally decide to confess to Rena.
And it's just funny as how seeing both of their awkward reaction.
That funny moment when Chizuru's really using her knowledge about academics from school while playing in that Festival stall. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
SakurasouBusters said:

Its better this way, you get to watch the show at your own pace.
Jul 1, 2016 2:11 PM

Dec 2010
i dont care what their airing strategy was, as long as i get to watch anime i don't care. onto the series story is intriguing when you read the synopsis but when u see it, not really special, but kanzaiki's current situation i could relate to since im old as fuck and unemployed. kind wish i got this ReLife chance

Anyways 7.5/10 show maybe art was better for webtoon animation i would give it 8
Jul 1, 2016 2:15 PM
Oct 2015
aa...and it's finished, wait whaatt, i thought its.... ugh nevermind

geez I already have a bad feeling about anime adaptation anyway :^(
Jul 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
lady-leen said:
linternboy said:

But you have to pay to watch episodes 2-13 using the app. :P

"No matter how miserable your life becomes, never let your heart become miserable as well."
Jul 1, 2016 2:23 PM

Oct 2014
That was amazing I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this series but...

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME D: D: D: I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE THEY JUST ENDED IT WITHOUT HISHIRO AND KAIZAKI GETTING TOGETHER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RYO YOU BASTARD YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM.
Jul 1, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2016
OMG WE FINALLY FIND OUT WHO TEST SUBJECT 001 IS!!!! Honestly I am glad crunchyroll released all 13 episodes at once because it allowed me to binge watch this, which is always better than having to wait weeks on end.

I liked pretty much everything about this anime, I hope there is a season 2! Time to go read the manga and cry into my pillow

Hishiro's smiles will be missed

9/10
Jul 1, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2015
OMG I can't believe that happened can someone please tell me if they find out they are both test subjects and get together in the manga?

I NEED TO KNOW ITS JUST TOO MUCH!!!
Jul 1, 2016 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Many things were cut/changed and the revelation of Hishiron's secret was underwhelming but it was still enjoyable overall.
Wouldn't mind a season 2 when there're enough chapters to animate.

For anime watchers, this adaptation covered around 108 chapters and the manga's currently at 133.
Jul 1, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2014
I just can't believe I binged watched all of this in one evening. Wow what a ride! I totally didn't expect to like this show as much as I did. The reveal was quite well foreshadowed and I had speculated who Subject 001 was the second they were talking about it, because it made sense.

Kudos for TMS entertainement for this one..hopefully once enough chapters are released we may get a Season 2.

@Bryrod: I really want that to know as well..they toyed with my emotions so much in the last episode seeing them not know about both of them being in the program. Thing is since they both are in the program they won't forget the events of that current year (only those who aren't in it) so it makes sense for them to hook up back in their old bodies. That's one of the reasons why I will immediately go and read the manga tomorrow.
Jul 1, 2016 5:17 PM
May 2016
13 episodes in one released, dang! I got so surprised.
Jul 1, 2016 6:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, this is fucking weird to know that i already watched an entire serie from Summer season. :|

Anyway, it was a great watch like i was hoping!
Some stuff were pretty meh like the animation and the OST (the piano became a little bit annoying after a while)
But its stuff that i don't really care usually so it didnt ruined my experience of it.
The volleyball arc pretty much was the weakest part in ReLIFE but its still not that bad, i still enjoyed it.

Now i really need to continue where i stopped in the manga.

9/10
DatRandomDudeJul 1, 2016 6:20 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 1, 2016 6:47 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Binge watched it all in one day. I really liked the anime better than the manga. The last episode almost had a feelz tear drop from my eye....almost. So with that in mind I give it an overall 8/10. Good stuff!
Jul 1, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2015
I totally fall in love with Ohga, ah ;A;

About the anime...
I haven't read the manga yet but ignoring it.. in my opinion, this is a great one of the summer season -w-

Really, I think that ReLIFE is a good start to this season & I completely love it.
If I love the anime (even being so criticized for summarizing the story), of course that the manga won't disappoint me.

Because that ended very fast, I'm already missing it.

Jul 1, 2016 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
Really enjoyed binge watching this. Was hoping Kaizaki and Chizuru would get together but that will have to wait till later. At least we got to see Karui and Ooga get together. Chizuru also being a test subject took me by surprise, did not expect that of all things. But it's nice to know that there's hope that they will/can eventually be together. I couldn't help but feel like they wouldn't ever get together or that it will be a tragic love while watching this. Knowing that Chizuru is also a test subject puts my heart at ease and I can't wait for the moment when they both find that out about each other.

With that being said, I now need to go read the manga to see how this all plays out. Would love to see a season 2 but sadly I doubt it will ever get one.

10/10
Jul 1, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2014
Wow it feels pretty weird to already finish one of the shows I planned to watch this season, but now that's one less show to worry about. Maybe I'll pick up another show that I initially wasn't going to watch, as a replacement for this one since it's already done.

The actual story didn't seem as interesting as the synopsis made it sound, but it was still an enjoyable watch. My biggest gripe though was the drama that was caused by Kariu. While her jealousy toward Hishiro and Tamarai was understandable, the drama she instigated felt somewhat forced to me. She just seems like another one of those characters who can't accept the inevitable fact that you'll always come across people who are better than you at a certain thing. I'm just happy none of that stuff dragged until the very end. Also, some of the comedy parts didn't seem that funny to me, but that's more of a personal thing. I wasn't completely expecting this, but the reveal of Hishiro being subject 001 wasn't too surprising, as it makes perfect sense to have both ReLIFE subjects be love interests. Overall, this was a pretty decent show, and it would be cool to see more anime released via the Netflix method.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 1, 2016 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
Season two when? I need more of this.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 1, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely bittersweet ending. Need to read the manga now.
9/10
Jul 1, 2016 9:09 PM

Dec 2015
9/10 !!!

The only thing that could've made this anime better is if they added a more emotional instrumental on some parts. For some scenes, they had pretty cheerful instrumental on moments that were heart breaking.

Still LOVEEEEEEEDDDDDDD THIS ANIME!!!
SEASON 2!!!
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Jul 1, 2016 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, good series. The comedy was fun to watch, had the story building more and more while also exploring characters with their backgrounds.

The finale had the confession and I'm satisfied with it especially considering how cute the couple Oga and Kariu is when they are together. Well the ending was a bit more open ended but since the manga is still ongoing, I guess it was expected. Hishiro and Kaizaki has a complex relationship imo throughout this series from the very start to the finale.

7/10.

Kariu is definitely my favorite character from the series.
Stark700Jul 1, 2016 9:54 PM
Jul 1, 2016 11:19 PM

Aug 2015
Overall this was a pretty good series, I'm surprised it adapted over like 100 chapters from the manga, but I loved it. I felt like it progressed a little too fast though, it's just my opinion though. I hope this will eventually get a second season, since it probably won't happen for a long time.
Jul 1, 2016 11:20 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, my only complaint is that this felt rather Kariu-centred. We had 2 arcs about her, and a third one with Oga as well. I do like her, but she's not the main character. I thought the bag-stealing was sufficient for her development, but I guess they really wanted to introduce Honoka as well...

This was fantastic to watch though. I honestly think it's one of my favorite high school romance. It has realistic drama (I understood the reactions of everyone), great interesting characters and the protagonist is really likable. Few cliches, no dumb events (fireworks are forgiven ;) and natural, gradual relationship development.

This last episode left my heart freakin' hurting though. I completely forgot about No.1, but it makes so much sense that it's Hishino. And now that it's been revealed that they hold feelings for each other and are both experiments, I can't help but support them. I was a bit iffy before because I thought she was a HS girl, but I love her personality and her compatibility and interactions with Kaizaki. That park bench scene made me think he should've just gone and confessed. But then that would break everything this series tried to do, and ruin Kaizaki's character.

Worth my binge-watching. I really want this to get a second season so I get to see a happy ending for once.

Edit: I ran off to read the manga. They changed the fireworks arc... I don't think it would have much impact on a sequel though, baseline events and information is about the same. It's from this point onward that we see a lot of development for Hishino and Kaizaki though, which should be the core of the series imo. We especially dive into more information about Hishino's past. I really want a sequel!
MirorinJul 2, 2016 1:29 AM
Jul 1, 2016 11:31 PM

Mar 2010
Well... that was awesome. XD

The only "problem" I have (maybe it's answered in the manga?) is why the heck would they pick Hishiro as their first test subject? It seems like the people in charge would connect her primary problem (not being able to properly form interpersonal relationships due to her constant transferring between schools) and the ReLIFE condition of "everyone will forget about you when time's up"... Seems doomed to failure if the solution is merely a repetition of the problem. :/

... And why do I get the feeling that she's older than Kaizaki? XD Has her real age been revealed in the manga?

PS: <3 the ED music selection. My mind was blown (in a good way) when I realized that all the tracks were somewhat older ones released during the time that MDs were around. It didn't really click for me until the track by Puffy in ep.5 tho :x
... I still have that CD lying around somewhere I think o.o
deadman80Jul 1, 2016 11:41 PM
Jul 1, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2015
Well I'm glad I marathon this now I wanna read the manga
Jul 2, 2016 12:05 AM

Jul 2015
Well that was a fun watch. Kariu did piss me off a bit and I do think the drama she caused was forced. I did like Kaizaki's back story and the cruelty behind it. Really enjoyed it. 8/10
Jul 2, 2016 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
They changed the confession from the manga, but not like it matters. I think it was still done well. Overall a fun series to watch and the comedy was good. Too bad a second season won't come for a long time. 100+ Chapters done and only 133 or whatever total.
Jul 2, 2016 1:30 AM

Sep 2013
This shit was actually really good. 9/10 from me.

I really liked the characters and the turn around events (both being subject).

Pretty funny as well seeing a good looking guy being the smart one BUT still sucking at the love department (we usually see him being intelligent and also the cool guy who is pursuing the awkward girl or something...).

Overall the only thing I don't like is the idea of being watched (and stalked) by people 24/7 and how they made the head bosses of the company look like bad people sometimes (even though the supporter got a second chance and stuff)... but apart from that the anime send great messages with good vibes, I suppose.

Oh, and cutting any love triangle crap also was pretty nice. All the ships are cute as well. A good SoL + romance indeed.

Edit: like someone above said, some forced drama with Kariu, but the anime flied so fast that in the end it wasn't a major problem at all (and this matter also had a good conclusion).
Jul 2, 2016 1:46 AM

Jan 2012
Ah, so Chizuru really was 001 afterall. I vaguely recall reading rumors or maybe even spoilers about that awhile back. Well the last two episodes were certainly the best for what it's worth. Genuinely liked seeing Rena and Oga get together. Can't say I really enjoyed this much though sadly. It's strange, but back when I read the first 58 chapters of the source material last year I liked it just fine. Here however all the angst/drama really bothered the crap outta me. Made for a boring or tedious experience much of the time. Them releasing it all at once netflix style probably didn't help either. I felt obligated to finish as quickly as possible, which is not a good way to enjoy things. That's moreso on me though I suppose. Well, considering I've had the source material on hold for so long with no real desire to continue I shoulda expected this. Think I'll officially drop it. This gets a 6/10. As disappointed as I am I actually would watch a second season if we got it. Mainly since I assume all the angst is outta the way now, or most of it anyway. And I am mildly curious to see if Chizuru and Arata find out about/end up with each other. Just not enough to read the source material any further. XD
Jul 2, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, I was not expecting a confession; so much props for that. And I can't believe I never expected Hishiro to be test subject #1. It all makes sense when you think about it. And the ship for Kaizaki and Hishiro got so strong when I discovered that was the case and it killed me when they both couldn't get together due to being test subjects and not knowing each were test subjects.

Overall, a great series. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Super entertaining, great characters (intereactions), pretty good drama/resolutions, interesting backstory, smooth development. Pretty much, very little bad quirks.

9/10 Hope to see another season eventually.
BenkyoJul 2, 2016 2:03 AM
Jul 2, 2016 2:27 AM

Dec 2014
Excellent finale to the series, The last 2 episodes were by far the best.

Oga and Rena's confession was so cute, Lol at Oga just randomly confessing out of nowhere. There was no build up nothing, Just straight out to the point XD
It was still such a sweet scene.

I knew it! I had so much suspicion that Chizuru would be 001 since the reports all stated "No change" which seemed to fit Chizuru's character. Though I initially thought that 001 was already out of the experiment and they had a 003 or something and disregarded it but anyway it's cool that she's 001. Also nice to see the possibility of Kaizai and Chizuru becoming a couple post the experiment.

Overall, I enjoyed the series. Lively comedy and atmosphere, Likable characters and I didn't mind the drama at all. In fact it was resolved quite well.
8/10, Will probably pickup the manga soon.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

104 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.