Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Words are not needed. T_T

Shiharu running away without her shoes on and Seiji chasing after her in his mask was a bit funny. Thank goodness no one called for the police! But as everything calmed down after Seiji grabbed her from falling into a pond ahead, things turned so sweet as he calmly allowed her to wear her shoes he took with him and thus allowing her to open up to him.

I can understand why Shiharu always thought Seiji was going further and further away from her as he gained more and more popularity over time and no matter what she did, it would seem to her that the gap between them always got wider as time went on. Poor girl couldn't rely on the promise Seiji made that he would wait 10 years for her. :'(

It was such a huge misunderstanding though that she had this feeling that he was avoiding her in all these years probably because he couldn't like her after 10 years but it was actually Seiji who couldn't hold back his feelings seeing her from time to time after his confession when he said he would wait for 10 years as every time they met he found her become more mature and couldn't but fall for her more and more.

The beautiful kisses and the promise of the ring aside, moving the promised time earlier was the best thing Seiji could do for Shiharu. I would have been disappointed if there was to be yet another time skip because I think Shiharu has suffered from her loneliness long enough and deserved to be with Seiji at this point.

The twins got a beautiful closure getting to be reunited with their father. My Shiharu x Seiji happened. I couldn't really ask for more. This has been one of the most beautiful reads ever. And I will remember it as one of the warmest stories ever. While I eagerly anticipate more of Life So Happy beyond the two chapters released, LSL will remain as one my all time favourite manga in any genre.

Thank you Kouchi Kaede-sensei for such a wonderful story. A masterpiece as it is, it doesn't deserve anything less than a 10/10.
shanimebibJun 19, 2016 8:00 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 28, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2015
What the hell ? this is the end ? this is so sudden ? and MAL say that there is more chapter ? what ? what ? what is the truth ? someone tell me !
Jun 28, 2016 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
ExoticBankai said:
What the hell ? this is the end ? this is so sudden ? and MAL say that there is more chapter ? what ? what ? what is the truth ? someone tell me !

Accept the fact that all good things must come to an end. :)

As for your confusion, LSL chapter 106 (END) is the final chapter. MAL count is 111 chapters because of the intermediate five chapters 33.5, 75.1, 75.2, 84.1 and 99.1.

If you want more, read LSH which is a direct sequel of LSL with the twins as main characters. There are only two chapters out and marked as finished but since it has been received very well by the fans, there is a plan for serialization. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 28, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 2011
Wow. That was...beautiful. What a ride this has been especially the ending with the kiss and everything wrapping up the story together. Beautiful.

8/10. I really enjoyed the series from beginning to end!
Jun 28, 2016 7:21 PM

Dec 2011
Gah I kinda hate that we didn't get a wedding or timeskip chapter... but if there is a manga sequel I do hope they show them even if they are not exactly the main characters anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2016 7:33 PM
Nov 2015
I am so happy and sad right now and I want to roll on my bed and cry my eyes out (but I can't cause I'm on a trip) and I really really would LOVE to read more of LSH and the twins as the main characters (Akane-chan is a perfect shoujo manga protagonist) thank you so much Kouchi Kaede-sensei!!
Jun 28, 2016 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
When I saw that the last two chapters were posted, I started squealing and shrieking like crazy. I didn't want to read it, because I didn't want it to end, but I gave into the pressure and read the remaining chapters.

I AM SO SAD. I LOVE THIS MANGA SO MUCH. IT IS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE MANGA.

I remember I started reading this series halfway through my freshman year. I'm currently going into my senior year. So yea, I've been waiting for a while.

I NEED MORE. LIKE, LIFE SO HAPPY IS GOOD, BUT I WANT MORE SHIHARU AND SEIJI. I WANT TO SEE THEIR LIFE AFTER AND I WANT TO SEE A WEDDING AND CHILDREN. Omg, I'm selfish.

I think I'm done fangirling. I don't know how to move on from this manga. I will never ever find something like this again. I'm so disappointed. Everything from the gradual romance to the art was stunning, and I could never get enough of it.
Jun 28, 2016 10:48 PM

Dec 2011
That was an amazing manga.It's one of my top cutest manga...
Jun 28, 2016 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
Fiji said:
Gah I kinda hate that we didn't get a wedding or timeskip chapter... but if there is a manga sequel I do hope they show them even if they are not exactly the main characters anymore.

I agree with you. And 10 years time-skip only to end like this. Why do they even need that ts anyway.
I guess only to have a kiss scene. (╬ಠ益ಠ)
I think I won't be that mad only if they didn't made that ts. Have to play it safe I guess. The cliche route. :(

p/s: there's a sequel only 2 chapters about the twin.
Jun 29, 2016 3:07 AM

Oct 2012
Would've liked to see a little bit more, but I guess it was an alright ending.
Looking forward to the authors next work.
Jun 29, 2016 4:40 AM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
ExoticBankai said:

Accept the fact that all good things must come to an end. :)

As for your confusion, LSL chapter 106 (END) is the final chapter. MAL count is 111 chapters because of the intermediate five chapters 33.5, 75.1, 75.2, 84.1 and 99.1.

If you want more, read LSH which is a direct sequel of LSL with the twins as main characters. There are only two chapters out and marked as finished but since it has been received very well by the fans, there is a plan for serialization. :)
Ok thanks for the answer, that was really sudden end so i haven't realized yet, what an amazing manga 10/10
Jun 30, 2016 12:12 AM

Jun 2007
would have given it a 10/10... BUT that romance resolution was waaayy too rushed. 8/10... twins stole this manga

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
Jun 30, 2016 8:57 PM

Feb 2015
this was seriously one of the best mangas I've read in a while. then again, I think the end is a touch rushed. I think we could have had a few more chapters about the romance. 9/10.
Jul 2, 2016 1:24 AM

Jan 2012
TT ^ TT it's really the end.
I was hoping an extra chapter for shiharu and matsunaga. I'll really miss to read it.
Anyway, i enjoyed it a lot, even with the lack of romance (the twins have become my favorite kids in manga)

pd... I'm happy that rio and takeru were still together <3

Jul 28, 2016 12:14 AM

Apr 2012
What thats it? I really wanted to see more of shiharu and matsunaga together I honestly thought we were going to get a wedding scene and then both of them moving back into matsunagas old house together guess not i'll just have to leave it to my imagination again.
Dec 30, 2016 4:04 PM

May 2010
I wish Aoi and Akane would show more emotion towards Sei-tan. Oh well, really good read.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 14, 2017 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
Aww if this manga was just about the twin, I'd give it 10/10, their cuteness is so contagious, it feels uplifting just reading story about those two.

Outside of the twin, the story is very cliche and the romance is shallow. I really dislike Nao and that crazy obsessive lady with him. The story also went nowhere with Oikawa, he's most likely the most stagnant character in the entire series.

I also have a love hate relationship with Shiharu. I love that she's so good at caring about the kids and genuinely want to take care of them, but her character can be so frustrating to read sometimes. She's strong in the sense that she doesn't want to bring trouble for other people, but weak when something happens to her. For example, she allowed the bullies who became her friend later on to continue bullying her until she gave up, I dislike how the story handled it and make Shiharu take all the abuse without doing anything. There's also the issue with flirts that just always force their way with Shiharu until someone comes over to save her. Shiharu also let Nao get away with the harrassment attempt and blame herself for his action, which just made me facepalm. Also, she had the kids snap her out of her "omg what do I do I am so sad". Looking at how Aoi was the one who got Akane to leave for their grandparents house make me question Shiharu's character and her mental strength. Later on, Nao also had to remind her that the kids were trying their hardest to deal with the separation too, that snapped Shiharu out of her self-pity party.

Alas, it has been enjoyable for the most part. Looking forward to the sequel, but I hope they got rid of the whole Aoi having crush on Shiharu sub plot, it's cute when they were younger, but I have a feeling it's gonna be annoying/obnoxious to keep that crush of him when he's all grown up.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 4, 2017 4:18 PM
Mar 2015
I understand that she is afraid that he will want to break up when he sees her since he has avoided her all these years, but I just hate the race for your love cliche being used at the end of mangas like this one and The Last Game. I think it really cheapens their love
Jan 29, 2019 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
I am glad they got together in the end. This manga was quite the emotional roller coaster.
:)
Mar 8, 2019 6:29 PM
Feb 2017
Am I seriously the only one who's rather unsatisfied with the manga? I just discovered the manga two days ago. I binged it all, and it is currently 3AM. I can't help but be left feeling empty with the fact that the twins and Shiharu rarely get to continue making memories with each other and are only able to cherish the ones they have. I wished so badly that they could have continue to be together, in some way shape or form, and not just in spirit and very occasional meet ups. I'm most likely just going to try to think up my own alternate reality for this manga. I understand the message it's trying to convey, that every moment you have to cherish as they will become very precious memories later, but I can't help but want Shiharu and the twins to have stayed together.
Nov 5, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2016
"About my promise, could you please let me change the timing to make it faster?"
Outside of the obvious catharsis from what that line signifies, I'm just so satisfied that Matsu himself realized that a decade is stupidly long to tie the knot.

This story was a really wholesome read from beginning to end and will be something I'll remember for helping me get through a pretty stressful October. Ending has a feeling of emptiness but I still enjoyed it all things considered.

I'm definitely gonna remember Aoi the most both for how funny the little dude is and just the sheer maturity he has for a kid his age. The mini-arc about the errand is easily one of my favorite chapters of all manga, and Aoi's reaction to seeing Shiharu at the end of that played a massive part in that.

Speaking of, his reaction towards his uncle stealing his "fiance" is just perfect.
FarCriticalNov 5, 2022 7:57 AM
May 18, 2023 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Really wholesome manga, the twins were absolutely adorable and Shiharu reminded me a lot of Tohru Honda, which I liked. I'm glad that they finally found their happiness after so many years and although a bit rushed, the ending was sweet (poor Matsunaga running). My only issue would be that we didn't get to see more of Oikawa. Where is my man Oikawa? He was funny and I really liked when he went with Shiharu and the twins to pick strawberries. He had a lot of room for development, but I guess the author chose to forget about him at some point. Other than that, everything was great. 
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Sep 18, 2023 7:58 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2016:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love So Life Chapter 102 Discussion

odysseyrh - Mar 29, 2015

14 by CathyFreyaMys »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:50 AM

Poll: » Love So Life Chapter 94 Discussion

sayami - Sep 6, 2014

7 by CathyFreyaMys »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Love So Life Chapter 92 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

5 by CathyFreyaMys »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Love So Life Chapter 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2015

41 by CathyFreyaMys »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:07 AM

Poll: » Love So Life Chapter 40 Discussion

Goku1994 - Jun 15, 2012

11 by CathyFreyaMys »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.