Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 4:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaizaki's asking some important questions to Kariu. Haha, he's finally able to play the adult role. Seems like Kaizaki's words help Kariu. Those tears :(

It's good that Kaizaki didn't lie to Hishiro about the bag incident. It helped in making her friends with Kariu. Lol at that moment when Kariu realized that Hishiro's bad at smiling.

GoldenDevilGamerJun 27, 2016 7:59 PM
Jul 1, 2016 10:36 AM

Mar 2016
It was nice to see Kairu tell Hishiro how she felt. I love seeing Hishiro get to the point... as blunt as always

Hishiro is starting to develop feelings for Kaizaki. I wish she asked him why she felt a 'pang' in her chest

glad to see a genuine smile from her again.
Jul 1, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2015
Some more story of Kaizaki's "past" as office worker. And Rena's nearly snapped there at the nurse's office.
But that way of "settling the score" between Rena and Chizuru is the best, I think. Since they can talk each other. And now they're finally making up, and also become friend.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Nov 2011
Very tense episode. Hishiro and Kairu got along better but I think there's still a "rivalry" thing going on.

"After all, we're friends"
Beautiful.

Hsihiro should smile every episode just for the lulz
Jul 1, 2016 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad that the misunderstanding was cleared!
Jul 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode again. Really liked this arc.
Jul 1, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good drama and conclusion to the whole drama. Glad everything's cleared up and that they're friends now. Hopefully a love triangle won't be present even though it probably will, so hopefully it won't be too strong.
Jul 1, 2016 1:54 PM

May 2015
Good thing everything got resolved. I'm really glad that Kaizaki realized lying about the incident to Hishiro wouldn't have been a good idea. And it was great that Kariu finally found out that Hishiro is bad at smiling. I liked the ED for this episode too!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 1, 2016 2:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The facial expressions and timing are just the best lol

This wouldn't have resolved that if Hishiro wasn't such an airhead, but still good outcome.
Jul 1, 2016 3:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Very nicely handled for a pretty delicate situation. I would have really messed it up....but that is why I still eat lunch alone.
Jul 1, 2016 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, loved the interactions.
Clearing up all the misunderstandings.
Jul 1, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2011
Man, I just loooved this episode!
The scenario is very nicely done! it reminds me of Oregairu both treating social problems with great resolution.
Jul 1, 2016 7:39 PM

Dec 2014
finall kairu and hishori made up.. can't reallyspell her name right
Jul 1, 2016 8:42 PM
Jan 2014
It reminded me of Hatoko when Rena Complained
Jul 1, 2016 9:26 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Hah, Kaizaki considering himself an old man after that speech XD
Loved how Kariu and Hishiro became friends, Really cute moment.
Hishiro's smile was beautiful :D

Ryou and Kaizaki the stalking duo, Those expressions they made when the girls were talking were really funny xD
Jul 1, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2012
Well that's one massive misunderstanding resolved. Sigh...if only the real world were so nice and simple.
Jul 1, 2016 11:15 PM

Feb 2016
Too cute..........
Jul 1, 2016 11:30 PM

Sep 2013
Kaizaki's life experiences and age helps him out on this one with Kairu by giving her great advice (which also in turn, helps me out in my current situation). So that's a pretty good message that she needed to hear. As for Kairu, she redeemed herself a little in this episode by becoming Hishiro's first friend but kinda made it a bittersweet by declaring her a rival still. Oh well, the misunderstanding is now resolved. I couldn't stand to see another episode of Kairu getting wrong ideas of Hishiro.

As for Hishiro, YAY! She made her first friend! Her genuine smile was cute. It's quite obvious that she has a creepy smile if she doesn't have any emotion behind it so she forces it. So it was good to see that she can actually smile for real.

The random comedy in this show is pretty good. I laughed pretty hard seeing Kaizuki back peddle into a bush and take a peek at Hishiro and Kairu's conversation...only to have Yoake randomly pop out of the bush with him. Didn't see that coming but I guess he truly is "stalking" him very closely.
TehSnawnJul 1, 2016 11:34 PM

Jul 2, 2016 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
thank god they cleared that ridiculous misunderstanding
Jul 2, 2016 3:09 AM

Aug 2013
Great direction, comedy balance (this is exactly what is making a comedy show really good - not non stop humour scenes, well balanced comedy is a key) and voice acting. I really felt her feelings. 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 2, 2016 3:23 AM
Aug 2014
the preview of the next episode looks intriguing, can't wait for next week...
Jul 2, 2016 4:35 AM

Aug 2010
Dat preach. Arata sure knows from experience XD

Yoake being there to observe was so lol

Nice new friendship developed :) Chizuru's smiles are just too lol. Rena's reactions are funny XD

An ep nxt. Can't wait
Jul 2, 2016 11:58 AM

May 2013
Please, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Hishiro is exactly like Kujou from Last Game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 12:05 PM

May 2010
Ah, now it got better! So Kariu just wanted the others to acknowledge her as a rival, I forgot. Still think she could be more honest about it... maybe it's hard for her. I am not the most honest person in the world, so I can understand.

Hishiro's smile makes me laugh so much and I am loving her moments with Kariu

Anyone would become friends after being requested so cutely wth Hishiro is too cute for my heart
Kaizaki is a great protagonist! Really refreshing

One of the best episodes, yet I feel like the ending picture should have been that of Kariu
Jul 2, 2016 4:32 PM

May 2015
Nice, all's well that ends well. So now Hishiro and Kariu are friends, which makes me happy. Hishiro's real smile is still so pretty <3. Lovely episode.

Jul 2, 2016 5:40 PM

Nov 2014
One of my favorite early scenes with Kaizaki.
Jul 2, 2016 6:00 PM

Jun 2012
Laughed so much when she told her to smile. xD
Jul 2, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2009
Manga Reader since Jan 19, 2015
The small flashback of Arata's coworker was nicely done. Damn, great adaption of this arc of the manga. ... Even if they're skipping some things (not in this episode but in general), the important stuff and pacing is great for an anime. Sure some moments are less strong than the manga in momentum of length but the anime does it so well it's still great.

Great adaption of this arc.
Jul 2, 2016 8:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lot of strong emotions in this one....I'm glad that our girls were able to settle things well though
Jul 2, 2016 11:43 PM

Nov 2012
Very good episode, I really enjoyed Kaizaki acting as the mediator between them.

Also nice ending song again, PUFFY - これが私の生きる道
BarktoothJul 3, 2016 12:03 AM
Jul 3, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
Glad Kaizaki & Karui are OK. Sad to hear that even in the work place there is bullying.
Lol Kazaki & Yoake hiding behind the bushes.

Great to see Karui resolve her issues & misunderstanding with Hishiro. Now they can be friends.
Her smile though is always so funny.
Well Karui got at least one proper smile in the end.

ED song was good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 3, 2016 3:04 AM

Dec 2011
They adapted this part well, I'm happy.

I cannot stop laughing when Kariu asked Hishiron to smile. I kept repeating it again and again XD
Jul 3, 2016 3:54 AM

May 2012
Finally cleared up and the resolution was really good. Hahaha so LOL when she asked her to smile. The comedy in this anime surprisingly cracks me up.
Jul 3, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
hithummah said:
the preview of the next episode looks intriguing, can't wait for next week...

I heard there'll be a delay next week because of the tennis match broadcast.

Jul 3, 2016 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
Hishiros' smile the best! :D I think that is the signature sketch of this series.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jul 3, 2016 7:45 AM

Jun 2013
Kariu is the epitome of insecurity. So what if the person you acknowledge as a rival doesn't acknowledge you as a rival? It isn't the end of the world, maybe that person has their own problems in life which are on a larger scale than comparing themselves to another person? Why does it always have to be a competition? No wonder the suicide rate in Japan and South Korea is so high.

It's true when they say that we all have our own battles. While Kariu is wallowing in her insecurity and self-pity and thinking that Hishiro is belittling her, Hishiro is struggling with getting along with others and recognizes her inability to form camaraderie around her.

Still, I'm glad they were able to work things out.
臭い-
Jul 3, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2013
Another great episode
I'm having a really hard time deciding who my favorite character is!
Jul 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
I hope we still get her creepy smiles, I haven't chuckled that hard in a while.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 3, 2016 12:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaizaki's asking some important questions to Kariu. Haha, he's finally able to play the adult role. Seems like Kaizaki's words help Kariu. Those tears :(

It's good that Kaizaki didn't lie to Hishiro about the bag incident. It helped in making her friends with Kariu. Lol at that moment when Kariu realized that Hishiro's bad at smiling.

Hishiro is such a pure character, that really makes her so cute. And that scene near the the end really plugged my heartstrings. Nice.
Jul 3, 2016 6:40 PM

Apr 2013
The power of the Unsmile....
Jul 4, 2016 6:51 AM

Nov 2015
Hishiro is just straight forward lol. I'm happy that she made friends with Kariu.

Jul 4, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 2012
the whole ep was so dark.. i mean like the background color and everything, I had to brighten my screen xD

And YES YES YES! PUFFY <3
Jul 4, 2016 2:40 PM

Aug 2015
Glad those two were finally able to talk and become friends.
Jul 5, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2016
Lol hishiro's face expression always make me laugh especially that smile . Best girl. Glad everything with kariu was resolved.
Jul 6, 2016 8:19 AM

Feb 2015
"Always be honest with yourself"
"Don't even try to destroy someone's effort to make an adventaga for you"
"Jealousy is the most dangerous things to have in society, moreover if you didn't realize that or even if you realize it, you still intended to do it"

^
i think that is all what the character relation, characerization and character development between Kariu and Hishiro were trying to say and this episode is the conclusion. and imo, it's really well executed and looks realistic although if that was a real life, there is 70% chance that Kairu would kept doing that filthy thing which she was trying to do and then it would cause more problems on either Kairu and Hishiro moreover she is one of the ReLife subject, so it's would be a waste if she got more problem on her character personality. but this is anime and it has it's own purpose. and i like that this anime has a purpose to atleast motivate all of the neet, especially otaku neet in japan, i assume tho.

Overall thought from episode 1 - 5; i think it is a really interesting and rare story. tbh, i've never seen this kind of story before. and it kinda has a similar vibe like nijiiro days but this anime isn't only focusing on the romance but actually it's focusing more on the neet problem. romance is the second one. i like that. and i thinks it was very hillarious and ridiculous for the reason why Kairu got mad at her and got jealous at her. one of a hell hillariouly ridiculous missunderstanding lol xD but when Hishiro smile for real, that is kinda beautiful imo.

and btw, i just checked it out who is the va of Hisihro since i felt like i have heard her voice before, lol xD i didn't thought it was shiro from no game no life xD no wonder it felt similiar to me cause of the emotionless voice xD
"Shiro" > "MAshiro"

from the next episode pv, i seriously don't have any idea what the heck will happen in the next episode so i'm looking foward to it :D
Jul 6, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2009
After this:

Chizuru is in love with Arata already, I am shipping hard!!!
Also, it's nice that Kariu and Chizuru are friends now!
Jul 7, 2016 5:02 AM

Aug 2015
This ep just solidifies my speculation even more on who really is that mysterious no. 001.

Anyway I really like what the message of this ep or this mini arc shows, giving up on your goal is an insult to all the hardwork and effort you put in and that knocking others down to let yourself have an easy cakewalk to your goal is what losers who gives up do. The conflicts shown in this mini arc just shows that people are afraid of competitions and challenges in life which is the saddening truth behind this world is where pride doesn't mean much these days.

Well anyways glad to see Hishiro and Kariu made up, love the way Hishiro reacts with that dumbfounded look on Kariu, that "smile", and that smile I want to protect, damn she's just too cute for me to make me hnnnhggghhhh.
Jul 7, 2016 6:38 AM

May 2012
Another episode with great character development! Let's see what's next.
Jul 7, 2016 2:36 PM

Jun 2016
Mah Gawd, Hishiro's smile is so funny! It'll definitely engrave a way in my memory for funniest anime scenes. I would gladly watch all of ReLife just to see that scene.
- Total victory is scoring an easy win by doing what you always do -
Karma Akabane
Jul 7, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2016
RafaelDeJongh said:
Another episode with great character development! Let's see what's next.

Yeah. I haven't seen better character development in a long time.
- Total victory is scoring an easy win by doing what you always do -
Karma Akabane
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

519 by GrantLloyd »»
Jan 30, 9:06 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.