Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2016 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wekll that was quite something.

I still got a weird feeling about Noriko's grand plan but not surprised considering what she's capable of. Plus, she and Katsuhira has a deeper connection than neither realizes. For the first time, I also think Katsuhira is taking responsibility to help someone like Noriko. With the flashback (past) coming together, it does have a transition tied together with the connections. Well I am glad to see that end without too much chaos. A rather predictable ending though. Noriko's smile is like an angel
Stark700Jun 25, 2016 8:14 AM
Jun 25, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
Another kind of Kizna system (even the mascots are dark)? Release the pain that trapped into Nori-chan girl to everyone so that those kids can be saved? Fushigi-kei girl wanting to help main guy with the feeling of wanting to Nori-chan girl, and her voice sounded lower... Nori-chan girl closed down the city so that no one can escape, like main guy knew where she is and not at the lab.

She felt blissful in the time that she spent during the experiment, even though that continues to break her. And that thanks to Kizna system (that's only the way she learned to make friends). He (as well as older group) got the pain back when they talked over (w. the main group).

lol @ mascots mixed together. The group gathered and visiting main guy and Nori-chan girl who are hurt. They seems like real friends now, there's no holding back in the feelings.

Yuta-kun b-day: http://kiznaiver.jp/hbd/yuta/ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clzhl1SVEAEWleL.jpg
tsubasaloverJun 25, 2016 11:38 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 25, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2015
I was expecting a better ending, but it's not like it was bad... just ok.

It's not the best anime of all time, but it could be way worse.
At least it was better than mayoiga

Well, 7/10 for me.
(just because all ships sailed)
Jun 25, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
Abso-fucking-lutely atrocious final few episodes. I never gave a rat's ass about Katsuhira x Noriko, and a fucking forced Chidori x Tenga pairing as some kind of second place prize for Chidori is horseshit. Not that Katsuhira deserved her anyway. Only thing I remotely enjoyed at the end was Yuta x Honoka. Absolute chore to sit through these final boring episodes. Earlier episodes weren't good mind you, but at least I wasn't bored out of my mind during them. And they did have some amusing moments. But these last few episodes? Well, I only wish I could transfer the pain of watching them to someone else. Oh well, my fault for watching this. 4/10, Trigger should thank Big Order for existing, saved this from being worst of the season.
Jun 25, 2016 9:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
They definitely tried with this ending. But it couldn't save the anime from dropped again to 7/10. This needed one more episode to be satisfying, but this came off as rushed.
Jun 25, 2016 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
The ending is paramount and sadly this didn't really do it for me. It felt rushed and a little bit forced on us.

Anyway. The last few episode definitely have been a good depictions of emotional and character development so it's overall a good show 7/10.
Jun 25, 2016 9:17 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The last couple of episodes of the series was quite good, but the ending felt too forced and kinda ruined the quality. It turned out to be a better series than I expected though.

6-7/10
Jun 25, 2016 9:19 AM

Aug 2015
That ending was unexpected, I was expecting a better one. I don't know if it will be 2nd season but with that ending, they must do another season, but with a better ending. I enjoy the anime but not at the max.
8/10, I don't rate animes, mangas, ovas, movies and specials critically. I just rate by fuuny of the show and enjoying it. Of course, with an understandable plot
Jun 25, 2016 9:19 AM

Jun 2016
Good bye Kiznaiver! A good ending, honestly watching the episodes 11 and 10 I was waiting a worse final for these series, but man, the Sonozaki and Katsuhira scene at the bridge was so f*cking epic, I was totally excited! I love too how the rest of Kiznaiver get better together finally and how they are now real friends <3
And of course, my otp becomes real Yuta x Maki was sooo cute and enjoyable! I was expecting Noriko and Kachon to became a couple and the moment at the hospital was so funny haha Tenga x Chidori meh... Hope Niko fight to hard for Tenga!
So, in my opinion, the final was a 10/10 but the series maybe are more like an 8/10, anyway, I will miss so much this show!
Akane-chiJun 25, 2016 12:46 PM
Jun 25, 2016 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
LMAO @ Sonozaki saving Katsuhira from drowning.
Jun 25, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
Animetropolis said:
That ending was unexpected, I was expecting a better one. I don't know if it will be 2nd season but with that ending, they must do another season, but with a better ending. I enjoy the anime but not at the max.

Don't get your hopes up. It was a major flop in Japan and the sales are horrible. I seriously doubt various sponsors of the production committee even got their invested money back.

We will have to live with that which is honestly fine in its own right :)
Jun 25, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty decent ending in my opinion, I didn't have too many faults with it like most people on here seem to had, guess I'm easier to please.

The Maki x Yuta moment made me satisfied enough.
Jun 25, 2016 9:31 AM
Jun 2015
it was a good anime
but after thinking about it
if someone told sonozaki about the true meaning of friendship since she was kid
no one would have problems and the anime wouldn`t even existed
right??
Jun 25, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 2015
that felt like 10 minutes, despite all that dialogue, strange. I really liked this series but somehow when it started to talk more about Sonozaki and the kids' past it started to fall flat, yes. It's hard to sympathethize with her and Katsuhira. My fave parts of this show is still the Maki arc, and she's my best girl. Loved her in the finale. Also glad to see her opening up to Yuta. Nico's my close second fave.

8.5/10 for me. still deciding if it'l remain it a 9 for the site rating or lower it a bit.
Jun 25, 2016 9:41 AM

May 2014
BOTH OF MY SHIPS BECAME CANON 10/10
Jun 25, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
The ending felt a little unnatural, but it was satisfying.

Fun, well-animated show with an, um, unique plot that's hampered by some awkward character relationships.

7/10
I need sleep.
Jun 25, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2014
well i am glad it is over and we got to see it through but my ship failed...i like Nori but i also like Chidori, wanted her and Kacchon to be together even though i knew it wasn't gonna happen..still makes me sad.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jun 25, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
TRIGGERed

this was an amazing finale. I was crying my eyes out, i really didn't want it to end
so glad Agata got his pain back. Ultimate ships at the end

I couldn't stop laughing throughout this episode it was so touching but funny, I will definitely miss Kiznaiver
Jun 25, 2016 9:51 AM

May 2010
man this show did nothing for me. 4/10
Jun 25, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
"Ur smile was all squishy" lol at the description

The character development for Kacchon and group has been great. Music and animation were
great too.

Plot and Sonozaki's end game were meh but the character interactions and the speeches the characters gave at the end were pretty nice. And all the ships sailed I guess.

Yuuta and Honoka's scene was really cute saying she wanted him to get fat XD
Tenga and Chidori's scene was cute too. Chidori saying she was only thinking about him and her faces were cute. Tenga's smile was lol
Nico acting all mature and giving them time by themselves and her conversation with Hisomu was cool too.

Hisomu's "Does it feel good" after getting back his pain was lol. I guess Kachhon will be an M now

7.5/10 for me. Good ride. Music and animation definitely carried it to higher levels than it would originally be on my rating tho
Jun 25, 2016 9:54 AM

May 2012
Tbh, it wasn't all too great, but I at least liked a few characters. And even though Noriko was just a run-of-the-mill tragic character, sorta like Nico said, I still came to like her the most.

Was kinda hoping she'd give off a huge smile at the end, but the small smile at least shows she's gaining her emotions and such back.

6/10 for me

Wonder how it would've done if it were 2-cour instead.

Jun 25, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2012
Left me kinda disappointed, at least it wasn't terrible.

4/10
Jun 25, 2016 9:56 AM

May 2016
While the ending could've been just a touch stronger, it does not change my opinion of this show at all. I adore it.
The last time I was able to get this invested in an anime was Death Parade, and that was over a year ago.

Now, where the hell is my full OST release, because that's pretty much the only thing my life's lacking at the moment.
Jun 25, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2016
Ehh I've been shitting on this show for the past 5 episodes but it was an enjoyable ride nonetheless.

6/10 from me

Also shout out to Chidori for finally redeeming herself.

Now that the show is over I must say goodbye to my waifu Nico.
Jun 25, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
What a terrible anime and ultimately a waste of time, was it because of the only 12 eps? probably not, even if it was 24 eps you can't really save it from the bad writing this had. Oh well, glad I don't have to watch this anymore, expected more from you Trigger....atleast we will have LWA sometime.

4/10.

PS: Nico still the best thing there is about this show.
Jun 25, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2015
Really disappointed with this show overall. Nico deserved all the love and happiness in the world but she seems to be on the losing end of the Tenga love triangle.

At least she's happy about getting her friends back. 4/10
Jun 25, 2016 10:05 AM

Feb 2014
a meh final episode to a meh show
i just want nico to be happy ~
Jun 25, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
This is a good way to end this !
Sonozaki's smile was pure gold *o*

tbh, this series was good, but I think that I was expecting too much because of the studio and their previous works

7/10 for me overall

I would enjoy a SoL sequel !
Jun 25, 2016 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
I honestly didn't really care for this ending, or the anime in general for that matter. It seemed interesting at first but it got pretty boring later on, and it was a bit too over-dramatic for my tastes (thanks Chidori). And besides Kacchon and Sonozaki, these pairings seem kind of forced in my opinion. At least I no longer have to see comments from people constantly worrying about their stupid ships (mostly on the site where I watch anime, not really here on MAL), it seems like most people don't even watch anime for the story anymore, all they care about is who they can pair with whom. Anyway, this anime didn't really do anything for me, 4/10. I guess I'll continue to patiently wait to see why people keep claiming that Trigger is "saving" anime.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Jul 2014
I really liked this show, the ending was ok imo.

No KatsuhiraxChidori :(

Niko best girl!
Jun 25, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2015
It was ok. This series had major flaws that stemmed from its 12 episode length and lack of deep thought. I don't know if the concept of empathy is nonexistent in Japan because this anime was no means of a revelation. If this is the story they intended to tell then it could have ended a lot sooner if people just sat down and had a conversation considering five minutes of talking had that much of an effect. Honestly there are so many things left unaddressed because of the length. Who are Katsuhira's parents? What are the Gomorin? Who are Noriko's parents? Why was nothing explained about Hisomu? Why does Tenga fear dogs? Does it have to do with the scar on his head? When did Katsuhira's hair turn white? When did he meet Chidori in relation to that? WTF did Yamada not get his just desserts? etc, etc.

Once again this episode shows that Nico is the best girl. Despite being the stereotypical genki girl she was quite insightful and mature. Honoka had a good arc but her antisocial behaviour really grated my nerves at times and she inevitably receded into the background. Chidori was just a mess of emotions all throughout. She was also quite one-dimensional as her character revolved solely around liking Katsuhira and nothing more. The generic tsundere girl-next-door with the hidden crush on the MC that's doomed to never be requited through and through. Noriko was bland and confusing. Objectively speaking, was her character even necessary? Hisomu was fun but had no backstory, Tenga was really fun up until episode 9 which lost me a lot of respect for him, Yuta was ok had no problems with him, and I didn't like or dislike Katsuhira. Mostly I was intrigued by his history, which we barely saw any of...

Either way, I suspect pairing fans to be either thrilled (Katsuhira x Noriko fans) or hate it (Katsuhira x Chidori fans). I never shipped Katsuhira and frankly the melodrama in episode 9 lost me on the pairings so I'm in the ok with it camp. Though I wouldn't have minded if the Tenga x Nico ship happened, I got an implied Chidori x Tenga x Nico... Okada can't help herself can she? If an OVA comes out I'll watch it and if the manga continues the story I'll check it out, provided its free of Mari Okada's writing. Despite my complaints, I never saw this series as a chore to watch. I'll give it a 6.5 - 7/10 for personal enjoyment.
MoonStar9Jun 25, 2016 10:22 AM
Jun 25, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
Not a half bad series, I had fun watching it. It had some flaws here and there but I still liked the series overall.

6.8/10 from me, nice watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
So bar Agata/Sonozaki and Yuuta/Honoka, everyone else get reset to "just ambiguous friends" stage. Typical, but at least two actual relationships are better than one or none I guess. The fact that Chidori chooses to butt in on them at the very end was annoying, and what the hell is she saying about not accepting it? It's not like she can get between them. Just leave them be and start thinking about Tenga more....

Sorta pissed their homeroom teacher didn't get his just deserts. After all the havoc he wrought on the city, I don't see why he gets off with not even a slap on the wrist.

Good animation and wonderful Hisomu pushes this show up to an 8 for me. Things got messy near the end, but this last episode sorta saved it.

Let's face it. Trigger can only save anime with Luluco or Academia. Fact. :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 25, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2015
This last episode made me rethink the whole anime and appreciate it more for its concept. Sadly the execution was not on par with the idea.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
Oh well, at least everyone's finally confessed in this episode. That's what this anime is all about. And I've been pretty curious about Maki and Yuuta's relationship until now, at least what Maki said about while giving the crepe successfully "settle the score".
I guess it's a happy end then.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 25, 2016 10:28 AM
Apr 2014
I really didn't care for anything in this show, the only memorable scene from this is the one where Kacchon sees his old friends and cries
Really not my cup of tea, ridiculous over the top drama and way too much shipping, so boring I'm surprised I finished it, fucking Trigger. 2/10.
This show sorta reminds of Yahari which I enjoy, except there's no 8man in this show to carry it for me.
Jun 25, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
That was a terrible convoluted baffling mess but I had fun watching it
Jun 25, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2007
Finally this boredom is over.

There's a lot of it showing up in this episode, but Kiznaiver originally was intended to be an action show with typical Okada-esque melodrama, incest and all the tropes Okada loves, till director intervened because he wanted to do a "character study" instead.

What a mistake it ended up being.

Kiznaiver is a show that wants to be very profound, striking and complex, yet ends up being merely fake-pretentious with forced melodrama, typical Okada character writing and no real plot in sight. It uses the premise to forcefully have characters interact and have FEELS and problems, but it does not feel natural.

Because the show's understanding of "psychology", "emotions" and "relationships" is very juvenile and under-developed to the point that you could convince me they were thought up by 12 year old highschooler emo girl who writes edgy poems on tumblr.

The characters don't feel real or natural, the interactions are forced and pointless and take up majority of screentime. And what's more - in the ending nothing of that matters. The show spent 11 episodes repeating the same cringeworthy "WOUNDS", "PAIN", "FEELINGS", "CONNECTION" statements without actually progressing characters anywhere.

What's more, what little plot there is so spaced out that it almost feels, no, not almost feels, IT IS an excuse for characters to have highschooler understanding of DRAMA.

As a result Kiznaiver becomes this bland, almost unintelligible, forgetable experience that does not accomplish anything nor become either good or bad. Kiznaiver just IS.

The show happened. Character had forced drama. The show ended. And there's absolutely nothing I can say or feel about the characters or the show since none of that has any substance.

In the end Kiznaiver as a narrative did not acomplish anything at all. For a show about "connections" it is impossible to connect with any characters in this work as they all feel so distant and manufactured. And there's no possibility to "connect" with the storyline since it is so sparse and is barely held together by obvious plot devices that exist there to make characters talk about feelings.

If you want a good execution of the concept presented here, go watch Kokoro Connect or the western show Sense8. Don't waste your time with Kiznaiver.

5/10
Jun 25, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
The fact that the relationship between Honoka and Yuta was hinted was enough for me tbh.

The Katsuhira x Sonozaki ending was inevitable,but left me with no particular opinion. I don't know why but I still couldn't empathize with Sonozaki even in the end; even with all the tragic backstory and reasons she seemed so flat (maybe that's because I never have sympathy for the kuudere type,ehhh)
I'm actually glad Nico x Tenga didn't happen- I love both of them very much and I'd prefer them as single individuals and friends,rather than "hey let's everyone be paired up" and boom couples everywhere. Best girl Nico was fun and interesting single how she has,so she better stay like that.

MoonStar9 said:
Chidori was just a mess of emotions all throughout. She was also quite one-dimensional as her character revolved solely around liking Katsuhira and nothing more. The generic tsundere girl-next-door with the hidden crush on the MC that's doomed to never be requited through and through.

Exactly my thoughts on her.

Still a 7/10 because of the characters I liked.
Jun 25, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
Decent finale, Never really bought Nori-chan's whole reasoning and what she was trying to accomplish. Katsuhira asking her why she had to do this was exactly what I was wondering.

The outcome of sumo wrestling standoff between the black and white dudes was funny. xD

Honoka's little speech was nice.
Lol at Hisomu asking Katsuhira "How does it feel?"

Loved the Yuta x Honoka moment at the end :D
Nori-chan's smile at the end was cute.

Overall, It was fairly decent show. It did get really melodramatic with all the love drama and a lot of forced pairings which I didn't like, I'm however glad they didn't linger on the love drama and decided to go for a more friendship kinda route.
7/10
Lelouch0202Jun 25, 2016 10:39 AM
Jun 25, 2016 10:39 AM

Oct 2015
Felt like a rushed end needed at least 1 more episode but well wasnt a bad end either, overall ill give it a 8/10 also Niko is hilarious lol
Jun 25, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Rushed as fuck obviously. But are u seriously telling me that those kids lives were ruined (the one in vegetated state) causse Sonozaki refused to give up their pain cause she didnt want to feel alone. SERIOUSLY WTF IS WRONG WITH HER. However i did really like everything else about this anime. But fuck Sonozaki, i feel bad for her but i still dont like her. 7/10
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 25, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
bad ending, good anime.
Where is chidori x katsuhira and Nico x Tenga. This makes me sad...
But still good anime 8,5/10
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 25, 2016 10:51 AM

May 2015
I think the anime is based on the concept of "without pain there is no joy" and while I like it I found it even more interesting when applied to Sonozaki as mistaking the pain for joy. She doesn't want to let the pain of the other people go because she mistakes it for joy. Too bad the focus on this aspect is quite minimal.
Jun 25, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
This anime is a masterpiece for sure...Not all my ships were fulfilled, but I'm giving it a ten anyway. Beautiful story, characters and obviously animation. Loved it
Jun 25, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
I'm so glad I didn't drop this and watched it till the end. I was finally able to connect with the characters in this episode.
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Jun 25, 2016 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
How nice to see that Katsuhira helped Noriko out by correcting about what she was doing wrong!

The ending was so meh!
Jun 25, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
Well, considering how messy last week's episode was, this final episode was nowhere near as bad as I actually expected, and if anything actually did a good job tying all the loose ends together (other than that random person saying they were connected with Sonozaki from last week). As a series, it started slow and seemingly directionless but gradually improved as it went on, with the only real blip in the second half (in terms of quality) being last week's episode.

8/10
Jun 25, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
I think the idea was really good, but execution was pretty mediocre. I liked Nori-chan as a character, and that last smile was so heartwarming. 7/10 i think, it was 9/10 before 2 last episodes.

Also weren't it weird, that all police were just standing around on the bridge, without doing anything at all, and all those people were happy the next day :O
Jun 25, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2015
So I'd like to basically say that I enjoyed this anime and it was great. I don't like at all how in the end they basically forced ships and all that, but that's not something that is going to change anything for me, I just know that will for others. The ending was a bit anticlimactic. I don't mean the part where the episode just ends with Sonozaki saying "Sure," I mean with how everything happened in general. 3/5 Episode, but the anime was good at a 8/10 from me.

As a character Nori Chan was one of my favorites (Hisomu being THE favorite), but I don't like a lot of how things happened towards the end, but that's that. Good anime. I loved most of it.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.