Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 21, 2016 12:38 AM
Dec 2010
So I guess this sums up Kuma Miko:

Jun 21, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2015
I was wondering why this show had such a low score as it's been a pretty good show, but that ending kind of explains it, wasn't the best ending I've seen. I've still enjoyed watching this each week though, so I'm still gonna give it a 7/10.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jun 21, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2015
i think it's a bad ending...
well, it's good for Natsu but Machi will not able to face other people around her or outside her village... i feel bad for her...
Jun 21, 2016 8:55 AM
Mar 2012
Early on I got the show rides on offensiveness, dark twisted humor mixed with normal good humor, but the end was really unexpected and raised the offensiveness bar. Not sure if director/manga were aiming for this (some kind of Watamote constant failing).
It's rare to purposely setup a true "bad end", and in such a twisted way encouraging no need "think about difficult stuff", happily regressing the 14 years old Machi, and Natsu succumbing to his selfish side he realized just last episode. So I commend their bravery for going this route, even though with my experiences with social anxiety it's quite discomforting.
Besides some odd pacing, dull parts, there's enough quality comedy, lots of cute faces & moments. The mc's aren't shallow or simple tropes, like Yoshio/Hibiki, they got strong presence & identity. Some nice music too.
Kuma in city as a "fake" mascot was funny. Hope an s2 on more kuma adventures. The other idols with cute accents seem very friendly & worth exploring, if Machi ever climbs out from the abyss.
Yoshio "I didn't do anything." Oh really?
But at least he admitted she's matured during her performance. Too bad it didn't last.
Jun 21, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2015
Overall a disappointing series, the things they did best i.e. surreal comedy scenes between the two MCs became more and more few and far between as the show weared on, giving out its place to repeated lacklustre attempts at poking Machi's social anxiety for a plot. Progressively lost its charm, progressively unenjoyable. 3/10
Jun 21, 2016 9:58 AM
Mar 2013
for guys that don't know yet, the story planner for epi 11/12 have delete his own twitter account and also removed everything concerning kumamiko in his resume. (e.g. his wiki page)

for me epi 1-10 was ok, pleasant. it was 11 and 12 (original ending) that cause a huge ruckus (especially in japan).
Jun 21, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2009
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS. You can't believe how this show become hated Japan with this ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING.
Machi was turned int childlike retard who doesn't even know what's internet. Yoshio become complete sociopath. Whole Sendai trip and Idolshit (commercial recording and last two eps) was anime original. In anime she had bad dream.

Backslash is so big that there is "kumamiko bad end" tag on twitter with still rising number of enraged twitts. Script writer deleted his social sites accounts.
Even mangaka said on his twitter that he hates adaptation (unfortunately it was deleted).
Jun 21, 2016 10:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Machi has a huge problem really.

6/10
Jun 21, 2016 10:45 AM

Nov 2015
Here go DVD/BD sales
Jun 21, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
lmao what a coward shit production teams ruined a good anime. the biggest victims might the VA of machi and the manga author. if they can adapt the anime with full contents from manga,at least it can boost the sales of manga a bit
Jun 21, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
Machi was really courageous! And I am glad she decided to stay with Natsu, they belong together, they are so cute! haha
I really enjoyed this! 7/10
Jun 21, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2015
I loled to this episode more than others. I knew that Machi would continue to suffered from Anxiety disorders for a long time, but I haven't thought they gonna do this for real!!!???? So much for the character development. Go see a f#$king psychiatric young girl.

Jun 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
As I posted on my streaming site:

"This last episode was pure cringe.

Why build up Machi as a character if you are going to revert her to a state even more introverted than she was in the first episode?

I can't say I approve of Natsu's selfish desire to make her too naive to even consider leaving. The series as a whole was fine as it showed steady plot and character development but they took a massive dump on it with how this episode panned out."

3/10 and I rarely give out scores as low as that.
RiptosJun 21, 2016 2:56 PM
Jun 21, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2015
The comments are more amusing than the the Anime. Keep hating.

8/10 for the series.
Jun 21, 2016 6:05 PM
Sep 2014
GuidedCursor said:
Go see a f#$king psychiatric young girl.

Considering that mental illness can be a taboo subject in Japan and especially considering that she lives in a rural area with likely only a single town doctor (if any, could only be in a neighboring town), I don't think there would be any options for her to get the help she needed.
Jun 21, 2016 8:23 PM
Jun 2016
Oof, that was a rough ending to the series. The ending could have been good if they went with the generic SOL one or executed the current one better, especially if Natsu once again acknowledged the implications of keeping Machi sheltered.

Personally a 7/10 for me but I can see how this show might not be for others.

scytheavatar said:
So I guess this sums up Kuma Miko:

Do your best, Machi-chan!
Jun 21, 2016 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
Manga readers tell me, how does it end in the manga?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 21, 2016 10:22 PM
Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:

8/10 for the series.

if this bad end doesn't do it for you, i'm curious which anime is considered bad to you in recent time.
Jun 21, 2016 11:00 PM

Oct 2011
what an ending....
Jun 21, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
It's okay, you don't have to think about difficult stuff anymore....
bestest message.

That ending was just as troll funny as the rest of the show. But cute.

Frankly, it's not good or bad. In a way it's a harsh reality. City life japan is very difficult and stressful, country japan takes work but it's not stressful and convoluted. Many people try to get to the city to chase the dream of the big life and leaving luxurious, but hit the brickwall that is capitalist competition. The same way people immigrate to America expecting to get the easy life. Even being an idol can be a very rough ride.

The real message:
Not everything is for you. Being an idol is totally not for Machi. But she got a prize, and the village got some recognition and made the neighbours happy.

Country life is simple and pleasant, you can appreciate nature and live whatever way best suits you. And let's be honest, Machi who is messing about at home is way cuter.
So back to square one, all for naught, but a learning experience for her nonetheless.

I gave this series an 8/10 7/10 for style lol.
GenesisAriaJun 22, 2016 2:43 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 22, 2016 1:03 AM

May 2009
So-Intense said:
Manga readers tell me, how does it end in the manga?

Manga is still ongoing and few scenes they took from manga (like amazon joke) are from chapter 18.
Jun 22, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2012
AdmiralFox said:
I think what everyone here needs to take into consideration is that this is a Japanese show made for Japanese audiences. And Japan, historically, has taken a dim view towards mental illness in general, and to put it gently, doesn't exactly treat mental illness as an illness so much as a character defect.

This is of course, abominable to most western audiences, but again, context. And maybe something to keep in mind the next time an anime fan idolizes Japanese culture.

Same for us Chinese. The Chinese culture makes light of mental illnesses. However, even if the majority thinks it's "cute", there are always people like me who finds things like this distasteful and full of shit. The same applies for Japan. It only hurts the Japanese people with social anxiety even more. It's telling them they are a piece of shit that deserves to be abused because society is fine with it.

dio_brando1321 said:
Xenocrisi said:

8/10 for the series.

if this bad end doesn't do it for you, i'm curious which anime is considered bad to you in recent time.

Don't feed the troll. People like him enjoys the suffering of others. The only way you can ever get the message across to him is to find him in rl and break him mentally. Then every anime will be bad to him because he would be too afraid to ever engage in these activities anymore.
SamhiuyJun 22, 2016 1:23 AM
Jun 22, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
dio_brando1321 said:
Xenocrisi said:

8/10 for the series.

How was this a bad ending? It was just like the whole series.
You should have expected this kind of ending from the last episode. C'mon.
Jun 22, 2016 2:36 AM

May 2014
Well, I'll agree it was a very unsatisfying ending. It seems after all the shit Machi had to go through, and in a way sort of successfully did, she didn't grow or develop at all. She is clearly having things go way to deep into her head, they should have showed her a recording of her success at the idol contest.

Overall I enjoyed it, lots of funny moments and lots of calm, relaxing moments. Could have used a little less Machi abuse, but I digress.

8/10 from me, wouldn't mind them releasing a "true ending" episode or two with the BDs.
Jun 22, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
I say it now, are not satisfied with this anime series, primarily because too short and how it was handled in certain situations, I think there was margin for do better and not ditching a fairly nice anime series and possibilities at the level of history, to give a strong message. Unfortunately I have seen a final quite cryptic however curious because of how it ended the story of Machi and Natsu, but the growth of the characters, and was fairly shallow. Shame to have wasted the sets and a good character design.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Jun 22, 2016 7:13 AM

Nov 2009
I'm kinda taken back by the backlash. The ending might not have been the greatest, but I thought Yoshio's speech was right on point: Machi's role in the competition was important. On other episodes, she showed how much she lacked very basic skills, so it's just reasonable that Yoshio, Natsu and the others would try to push her to break out of her shell. It might be sad that she decided to not go study in the city anymore, but, naturally, the anime needed to give us an open ending, as the manga is ongoing.
I don't know, all in all I understand the way the characters acted, and I don't see it as "disgusting, vile and offensive bullying" or "abuse of a young girl, leaving her with PTSD" as people somewhere else put, lol. She's 14, she needs to go through some challenges too (if she wants to go to the city, which she did). I sympathize with her, though.
It was a funny anime, to me. Rating it 8/10.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Jun 22, 2016 7:49 AM
Mar 2015
ak47 said:
I'm kinda taken back by the backlash. The ending might not have been the greatest, but I thought Yoshio's speech was right on point: Machi's role in the competition was important. On other episodes, she showed how much she lacked very basic skills, so it's just reasonable that Yoshio, Natsu and the others would try to push her to break out of her shell. It might be sad that she decided to not go study in the city anymore, but, naturally, the anime needed to give us an open ending, as the manga is ongoing.
I don't know, all in all I understand the way the characters acted, and I don't see it as "disgusting, vile and offensive bullying" or "abuse of a young girl, leaving her with PTSD" as people somewhere else put, lol. She's 14, she needs to go through some challenges too (if she wants to go to the city, which she did). I sympathize with her, though.
It was a funny anime, to me. Rating it 8/10.

The thing is they pushed to the point that she literally had a mind break. She regressed to the mental age of a 4-5 year old. Even her speech pattern and pitch of her voice changed to that of a little child at the end. She lost the ability to think for herself or understand basic concepts of things she at one time least had some understanding of. All while the rest of them especially the bear are perfectly happy with this outcome.
Jun 22, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
Can we just take a moment and realize how fucked up the ending is?
Machi turned into a living doll. She doesn't know anything of the world and probably wouldn't for the rest of her life.
Natsu, her one and only mental support, just say "fuck everything, stay with me and you will be fine."
Yoshio, ... well, he is happy. Natsu is happy. The entire village is happy. What a happy end, thanks to you, Yoshio!
Jun 22, 2016 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
Last episode destroyed all my good faith for this anime...
Fuck'n original script...It really left a foul taste in my mouth.

AdmiralFox said:
I think what everyone here needs to take into consideration is that this is a Japanese show made for Japanese audiences. And Japan, historically, has taken a dim view towards mental illness in general, and to put it gently, doesn't exactly treat mental illness as an illness so much as a character defect.

Lol, it didn't turn out as you say, and there's a big backlash in Japan. Scriptwriter for the last 2 episodes deleted his social media account, tries to remove any trace of Kuma Miko in their resume.

Also the tweet from the author that was deleted (credit to reddit)
Original text:
くまみこアニメ最終回観ました アニメスタッフの皆様お疲れ様でした たくさんの苦難があったかと思われます
私自身アニメの威力というものを 身にしみて感じました 最後まで頑張ってくださりありがとうございました
私は脚本をチェックするのは断りました プロだから、お任せしました なのでこんなことをいう資格はないですが
ないので原作ファンとして感想を言わせて貰えれば よしおのあの発言は、酷いなあ と思っています
宜しくお願いします
Translation of the relevant part:
I refused to check the script, because I decided it was best to leave it to the professionals. I don't have the qualifications to say this, but I think that any fan of the original work would say that particular remark by Yoshio was cruel.
kaimaxJun 22, 2016 10:30 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 22, 2016 11:28 AM
Dec 2012
MAL should add "mind break" tag to this. Someone on the staff is a REAL sadist...
:v
Jun 22, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
Samhiuy said:
AdmiralFox said:
This is of course, abominable to most western audiences, but again, context. And maybe something to keep in mind the next time an anime fan idolizes Japanese culture.
Same for us Chinese. The Chinese culture makes light of mental illnesses. However, even if the majority thinks it's "cute", there are always people like me who finds things like this distasteful and full of shit. The same applies for Japan. It only hurts the Japanese people with social anxiety even more. It's telling them they are a piece of shit that deserves to be abused because society is fine with it.

It's a double edged sword. In the west there is an ignorance of individual and positive psychology because of this obsession with the "imperfect" humans. In this half of the world everyone's always trying to single out and ostracize and baby the autists etc, instead of just realizing, they're just a different kind of person and you figure out how to work around them on an individual basis.

BokuDayo said:
Can we just take a moment and realize how fucked up the ending is?
Machi turned into a living doll. She doesn't know anything of the world and probably wouldn't for the rest of her life.
Natsu, her one and only mental support, just say "fuck everything, stay with me and you will be fine."
Yoshio, ... well, he is happy. Natsu is happy. The entire village is happy. What a happy end, thanks to you, Yoshio!

Happiness is all that matters. Why does she have to be independent? If everyone's happy and everyone is living well, then all is good. Just like how many scientists of old were hermits (avoiding social contact doesn't make you dumb or inferior), some people don't do well in public, THAT IS FINE.
(Ps: Machi's already shown that she's clever and good at problem-solving etc, she's not dumb, just ignorant of stuff outside the town.)

There's no point in trying to make everyone be the same because it's impossible. She doesn't have a disorder, she's just bad with crowds of strangers, so are most people. People who're "asperger's" or whatever, don't have an illness, they're just not good at communicating and behaving in the robotic way our society expects. It's really time to stop looking for what's wrong with people.

The troll in the show was that they built it up like she was gonna make it to the city or something, but even in the OP, it showed with the cardboard sets that it's a pipe dream and what matters is where she belongs.

Which reminds me, chasing far reaching dreams isn't inherently good. That's another weird thing western society has been glorifying, is doing whatever you can to get money, get big, and live your dreams. You know why that is? Because capitalism eats that shit up. Companies make fukken huge dough off people chasing dreams. But in running away to chase dreams you no-longer appreciate the things you're blessed with, thing's you're given, the things around you. Dream chasing causes tunnel-vision and thus wasteful lifestyle.

The only reason anyone tried to get her to the city was because she expressed desire to go there. If she didn't then there wouldn't have been an effort to shove her where she doesn't belong. She tried it, realized she didn't like it, and decided she wanted to stay home. That's actually a pretty decent ending. Plus it was funny and cute.

----
TL;DR - It's better to appreciate what you have and what's around you instead of depreciating everything and tunnel-visioning on a far-fetched dream. Focus on small dreams.

Some people wanna go all the way, that's fine too, but most people depreciate what's around them because "it's not good enough", and waste, leave people behind, and so on.

Study a bit about concepts like psychometry(which is real by the way, i've witnessed it; inanimate objects do factually store memories), as well as '8-million kami', and you might get a bit of understanding why material things are valued... By valuing material things, you waste less and hoard less.

I wish i lived in a world where there was nothing i had to "throw out".
GenesisAriaJun 22, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 22, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
GenesisAria said:

My problem isn't that she gave up her dream. It's that the show makes her traumatized by the city and her mental regression. If she was tired, or just realizing that the city life wasn't for her and decided to stay in the village, that's perfectly fine.
She didn't have a disorder, yes until that last scene kicked in. The last scene actually shows her acting childish knowing nothing and Natsu is being completely fine with that. Hell, he even tells her to stop thinking. Like really, you want her to be like that for the rest of her life? If a 14 years old girl acting like a 2 years old baby is not a disorder, what is?
Jun 22, 2016 2:30 PM

Dec 2009
BokuDayo said:
GenesisAria said:

My problem isn't that she gave up her dream. It's that the show makes her traumatized by the city and her mental regression. If she was tired, or just realizing that the city life wasn't for her and decided to stay in the village, that's perfectly fine.
She didn't have a disorder, yes until that last scene kicked in. The last scene actually shows her acting childish knowing nothing and Natsu is being completely fine with that. Hell, he even tells her to stop thinking. Like really, you want her to be like that for the rest of her life? If a 14 years old girl acting like a 2 years old baby is not a disorder, what is?
Huh? Mental age is an artifact of our perception, as time itself is. I see adults that act like kids, and kids that act like adults all the time. I see kids that can do difficult problem solving, and adults that can't. If she never moves out of that village, then she'll just keep being a miko until not anymore, and then just doing normal taking care of things around household and such... Get a basic job in another 6 or so years to handle necessities. She cooks, chops wood, does all kinds of proper things around, it's not like she's a helpless vegetable. Just because someone is not good at something, doesn't mean they are "disordered" or "damaged" mentally. In machi's case that thing she's bad at just HAPPENS to be the primary backbone of city life.

I dunno what impression you're getting, but small village lifestyle is very simple, all that you have to think about is getting food and keeping a house. There's no epic challenges, competitions, stresses... Some people get bored living the simpleton life, other people love it.

Ps: people "mentally regress" when looking at stupidly cute animals too.... hence "stupidly cute"...

A side note: a younger brain is actually a healthier brain. Wanting to play around and learn things through being happy and having fun is the most efficient, natural and healthy way to grow into the world. Stress is literally toxic, and you should ALWAYS work around it or avoid things that cause it.

Our western civilization may look pretty civilized and proper with morals and common senses, but our moral/value systems are actually pretty messed up in comparison to the way the mind and nature works.
GenesisAriaJun 22, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 22, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2015
Gave this a 7/10, as it was honestly a lot of fun and very cute, but felt lacking in parts. Also wrote a full review on it.

Damn...that MAL score's dropping harder than my latest mix tape. Makes me sad. :( This show wasn't that bad. It went from 7, was 6.9 the last time I checked, now it's in the 6.7s...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 22, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2009
CatSoul said:
Gave this a 7/10, as it was honestly a lot of fun and very cute, but felt lacking in parts. Also wrote a full review on it.

Damn...that MAL score's dropping harder than my latest mix tape. Makes me sad. :( This show wasn't that bad. It went from 7, was 6.9 the last time I checked, now it's in the 6.7s...
Cuz all these western-value raised people are all nerdraging about the ending lol.

Jun 22, 2016 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
morichiro said:
MAL should add "mind break" tag to this. Someone on the staff is a REAL sadist...
Seriously...This was the most depressing thing i watched recently...What an ending...

What makes me feel even sadder is that some people failed to understand why this was such a bad ending...Some people actually thought a 14 years old girl giving up on everything and becoming a MINDLESS DOLL was cute and funny...

Jun 22, 2016 5:35 PM
Mar 2015
GenesisAria said:
BokuDayo said:

Huh? Mental age is an artifact of our perception, as time itself is. I see adults that act like kids, and kids that act like adults all the time. I see kids that can do difficult problem solving, and adults that can't. If she never moves out of that village, then she'll just keep being a miko until not anymore, and then just doing normal taking care of things around household and such... Get a basic job in another 6 or so years to handle necessities. She cooks, chops wood, does all kinds of proper things around, it's not like she's a helpless vegetable. Just because someone is not good at something, doesn't mean they are "disordered" or "damaged" mentally. In machi's case that thing she's bad at just HAPPENS to be the primary backbone of city life.

I dunno what impression you're getting, but small village lifestyle is very simple, all that you have to think about is getting food and keeping a house. There's no epic challenges, competitions, stresses... Some people get bored living the simpleton life, other people love it.

Ps: people "mentally regress" when looking at stupidly cute animals too.... hence "stupidly cute"...

A side note: a younger brain is actually a healthier brain. Wanting to play around and learn things through being happy and having fun is the most efficient, natural and healthy way to grow into the world. Stress is literally toxic, and you should ALWAYS work around it or avoid things that cause it.

Our western civilization may look pretty civilized and proper with morals and common senses, but our moral/value systems are actually pretty messed up in comparison to the way the mind and nature works.

I know this is wasted effort but you don't seem get she literally had a mental break down and regressed mentally to that of a 4 or 5 year old. Even her speech pattern changed to a basic form like a little kid would have. Plus the pitch of her voice even change to that of a much younger child. That is some heavy duty emotional damage to cause a person regress to that state. She even lost her reasoning skills and ability to understand things that she once had at least some understanding of. She couldn't even handle concept of packages being delivered from internet orders and thought one person delivers them all.
Jun 22, 2016 6:04 PM

Dec 2009
LoneWizard said:
What makes me feel even sadder is that some people failed to understand why this was such a bad ending...Some people actually thought a 14 years old girl giving up on everything and becoming a MINDLESS DOLL was cute and funny...
Why do you assume she's a mindless doll because she doesn't do well with crowds and such?

heimdal7 said:

I know this is wasted effort but you don't seem get she literally had a mental break down and regressed mentally to that of a 4 or 5 year old. Even her speech pattern changed to a basic form like a little kid would have. Plus the pitch of her voice even change to that of a much younger child. That is some heavy duty emotional damage to cause a person regress to that state. She even lost her reasoning skills and ability to understand things that she once had at least some understanding of. She couldn't even handle concept of packages being delivered from internet orders and thought one person delivers them all.
What's with all these assumptions? Sure she goes back to being all kid-like but she was always kinda kiddish. Where are these "4-year old" comparisons coming from? There was no indication that there was anything less she could get. The thing about online delivery was no different than any of her other logical but ignorant conclusions about things. She never saw any indication of other mailmen, had no clues to the internet store being country-wide/worldwide, she just didn't bother to think much on it. That's all that was. Why are you assuming she COULDN'T just because she didn't bother trying to figure it out?

Everyone seems to forget that she went out and accomplished something outside of her shell despite not being suited for the city... The grass always looks greener on the other side (until you realize the grass was already green nearby). The joke was that Yoshio's stupid comment about the rock throwing got stuck in Machi's head. She's completely confident and capable in all her normal household stuff. I've never known a girl, especially of that age to be comfortable chopping wood......

At the end of the day, you're all being way too dramatic. It's a tv show, it's a comedy, it was cute, it got a little bumpy, everyone is happy in the end, Yoshio is a douche, quit bitching about this fabled "regression". Try learning about more than disorders in psych.

All that matters is everyone was happy, whether all was for naught or even traumatic, as long as they're happy in the end. Don't impose biased ideals of growth and accomplishment on others, even fictional.
GenesisAriaJun 22, 2016 6:14 PM

Jun 22, 2016 6:08 PM

Jan 2014
GenesisAria said:
A side note: a younger brain is actually a healthier brain. Wanting to play around and learn things through being happy and having fun is the most efficient, natural and healthy way to grow into the world.
HAHA are you serious??? Yes a 5 years old child's brain is healthy but it doesnt mean actign like a 5 years old when your body is 30 years old is healthy lmao...If so all mentally disabled people would be the healthiest people on earth...

GenesisAria said:
LoneWizard said:
Why do you assume she's a mindless doll because she doesn't do well with crowds and such?
-She gave up on her one and only ambition in her life
-The line repeated twice in last episode: "You dont have to think about difficult stuff anymore",and she accepted it wholeheartedly
-Her behaviour,eyes,words everything she does aftercredits are shallow
-It is confirmed that she will spend rest of her life in that village,with 0 knowledge on technology or outside world(She doesnt know what internet is and doesnt wonder anymore either)

Yeah...Add 1 and 1 to find 2...That was that...Just because you are unable to see obvious indications it doesnt make us overdramatic...I wish i was overdramatic,i loved the series nad will probably read the manga but this last episode hurt my soul...It was dark...It was unhealthy =_=
LoneWizzyJun 22, 2016 6:19 PM
Jun 22, 2016 6:34 PM
Mar 2015
LoneWizard said:
GenesisAria said:
A side note: a younger brain is actually a healthier brain. Wanting to play around and learn things through being happy and having fun is the most efficient, natural and healthy way to grow into the world.
HAHA are you serious??? Yes a 5 years old child's brain is healthy but it doesnt mean actign like a 5 years old when your body is 30 years old is healthy lmao...If so all mentally disabled people would be the healthiest people on earth...

GenesisAria said:
-She gave up on her one and only ambition in her life
-The line repeated twice in last episode: "You dont have to think about difficult stuff anymore",and she accepted it wholeheartedly
-Her behaviour,eyes,words everything she does aftercredits are shallow
-It is confirmed that she will spend rest of her life in that village,with 0 knowledge on technology or outside world(She doesnt know what internet is and doesnt wonder anymore either)

Yeah...Add 1 and 1 to find 2...That was that...Just because you are unable to see obvious indications it doesnt make us overdramatic...I wish i was overdramatic,i loved the series nad will probably read the manga but this last episode hurt my soul...It was dark...It was unhealthy =_=

I'm thinking GenesisAria is just a troll at this point. There is noway anyone could be that delusional to think this is in any form a happy ending.
Jun 22, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2014
heimdal7 said:
I'm thinking GenesisAria is just a troll at this point. There is noway anyone could be that delusional to think this is in any form a happy ending.
I doubt...Seems like she/he genuinely doesnt get it...Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing...I wish i was able to unsee what i see too...;_;

If i were GenesisAria i would stop prying into this stuff and move on with my happy memories of this anime...
Jun 22, 2016 9:15 PM

Dec 2009
LoneWizard said:
heimdal7 said:
I doubt...Seems like she/he genuinely doesnt get it...Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing...I wish i was able to unsee what i see too...;_;

If i were GenesisAria i would stop prying into this stuff and move on with my happy memories of this anime...
You guys are the ones not getting it... I know a lot about psychology, what you're talking about is a real thing in study yes, but the study itself is flawed. First of all Machi ain't 30, she's 14. Second of all, there is no actual physical damage caused by acting like a 10 year old if you're older, that is 100% a societal social artifact.

The way our society is built today with over-complicated difficult processes for everything is very unnatural. Wanting so fool around, have fun, be happy, the way a child does is healthy and natural, it's survival aspects (lack of a protector) and social artifacts that eliminate this.

Yes these was reverting back to the way she was at the beginning, yes she gave up on her childish and ill-conceived dream. Yes, that's fine. No she didn't get dumber, yes the bear said bad selfish things. She's happy, they're all happy, i'm happy, the show was good.

I always take the position of devil's advocate against ignorant and senseless collective nay-say.
GenesisAriaJun 22, 2016 9:18 PM

Jun 23, 2016 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
Started off well and there were some genuinely funny moments (such as Machi trying to read the mood and figuring out tsundere) but the last few episodes were just really, really boring.

Machi's social anxiety was great at first but by the end it was so overdone and became annoying instead. The whole thing started with Machi's desire to go to the city and in the end no progress had been made at all except reaffirming what everyone already knew from episode 1, that Machi is a country bumpkin through and through (actually she got worse in the end, which was just reaaaaaaaaallly creepy). I mean really, what's the point of this anime? I can't believe I wasted my time watching 12 episodes of this.

3/10
MoeGodJun 23, 2016 1:21 AM
Jun 23, 2016 4:14 AM

Jan 2014
GenesisAria said:
Yes these was reverting back to the way she was at the beginning, yes she gave up on her childish and ill-conceived dream. Yes, that's fine. No she didn't get dumber, yes the bear said bad selfish things. She's happy, they're all happy, i'm happy, the show was good.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
Jun 23, 2016 6:03 AM

Mar 2014
Okay seriously what the fuck was up with that ending

3/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 23, 2016 7:27 AM
Jul 2011
GenesisAria said:
LoneWizard said:

You guys are the ones not getting it... I know a lot about psychology, what you're talking about is a real thing in study yes, but the study itself is flawed. First of all Machi ain't 30, she's 14. Second of all, there is no actual physical damage caused by acting like a 10 year old if you're older, that is 100% a societal social artifact.

The way our society is built today with over-complicated difficult processes for everything is very unnatural. Wanting so fool around, have fun, be happy, the way a child does is healthy and natural, it's survival aspects (lack of a protector) and social artifacts that eliminate this.

I always take the position of devil's advocate against ignorant and senseless collective nay-say.

I don't know much about psychology, but I'm pretty sure that someone believing that their hallucinations/delusions are real counts as some kind of mental illness.

My biggest problem with the ending is that Machi outright hallucinates that the crowd is attacking her and continues to believe it afterwards. And it is this false belief that terrifies her into giving up her dream. Then Natsu takes advantage of her mentally broken state to convince her that she never has to think for herself ever again (which sounds like something an abuser would say) which leads to her regressing.

I would have been fine with the ending if the reason Machi gave up her dream was based on reality instead of a delusion. If she completed her performance without hallucinating but realized that she still had a long way to go and decided to continue living in the village that would be one thing. But for her to give up her dream because she falsely remembers a hallucination as reality is a terrible ending.
Jun 23, 2016 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
WOW, I'm glad I dropped this 2 eps ago. I was thinking of finishing it because I got so close to the end but reading about what happened I don't feel like doing so at all.
The show started promising and funny, but once the idol stuff started I just felt bored and then Machi was just mistreated every ep, I just felt bad for the poor girl.
This was the first time I saw a SoL show leave such a bad aftertaste. Weren't they supposed to heal us.
Considering I haven't watched the end, I'll just pretend Machi went to the city, made real friends that don't want to keep her in a cage and had a happy life.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jun 23, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2011
Literally BAD ENDING
This anime is a psychological horror show on how to mindbreak a young girl

SomeonefromArgJun 23, 2016 10:59 AM
Jun 23, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2009
BDecker said:
I don't know much about psychology, but I'm pretty sure that someone believing that their hallucinations/delusions are real counts as some kind of mental illness.

My biggest problem with the ending is that Machi outright hallucinates that the crowd is attacking her and continues to believe it afterwards. And it is this false belief that terrifies her into giving up her dream. Then Natsu takes advantage of her mentally broken state to convince her that she never has to think for herself ever again (which sounds like something an abuser would say) which leads to her regressing.

I would have been fine with the ending if the reason Machi gave up her dream was based on reality instead of a delusion. If she completed her performance without hallucinating but realized that she still had a long way to go and decided to continue living in the village that would be one thing. But for her to give up her dream because she falsely remembers a hallucination as reality is a terrible ending.
That's all fine and good until you realize the one and only difference between reality and hallucination is that multiple people witness the same hallucination... It's the quantum conundrum.
GenesisAriaJun 23, 2016 12:17 PM

Jun 23, 2016 12:34 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-23/kumamiko-creator-remarks-on-cruel-comment-in-final-episode-script/.103547

Holy shit, all these news and bad stuff happening because of the ending makes me want to finish this now to see what the fuck is happening
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

72 by Forum »»
Feb 29, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

55 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

63 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

92 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

74 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 11, 2019 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.