Forum Settings
Forums

Would you risk your life for your boyfriend/girlfrined if you knew there was basically no way you would survive?

New
Would you die for your partner?
Jun 10, 2016 7:14 PM

May 2016
Like one of the generic scenes you see in any action movie or anime where the guy saves his girlfriend but obviously IRL that wouldn't happen and you would both die.

So if you were put in a situation knowing that if you tried to help, you would both would most likely die would you still try? Or just let them die and live.(and this claims both lives not sacrificing yourself for theirs)
Jun 10, 2016 7:42 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah, I'd do so for anyone I love or care about. Not really a lot of pride in dying like that, knowing what you leave behind. But tbh I don't think I'd be able to refuse in a situation like that. As selfish as that is.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Jun 10, 2016 8:38 PM

Jul 2015
No. Unless I was married to her or the mother of my child.
Jun 11, 2016 4:20 AM

Jun 2016
Yes I would. If i wasn't able to survive, whats the point of taking another person down with me? Just let them live..
Jun 11, 2016 4:23 AM
Apr 2013
If I knew there was *basically* no way for me to survive? I think you'll find the word "basically" changes everything ^^
Especially if you're the MC of anime with plenty of plot armor
Jun 11, 2016 4:37 AM

Dec 2015
I trust the Emperor. Because the Emperor protects!

But in our world we have no Emperor. So I'd run away and get another girlfriend. More beneficial for me since I am still alive then.

If I died it would be worse obviously.

But it depends on how you assess the situation. This is under the assumption that I'd think there is no chance to survive. In certain situations you might not think clearly/not have enough time to think ... getting yourself in danger while underestimating it or overestimating yourself.

I think it is not that uncommon that such situations occur.
Jun 11, 2016 4:45 AM

May 2016
If I truly loved my hypothetical boyfriend and I was sure that I could save him by giving up my life, yes, I would.
Jun 11, 2016 4:47 AM

Oct 2011
I wanted to kill myself for a long time already, so yeah.
Jun 11, 2016 5:39 AM

Sep 2014
I am not sure, I would probably have to be in the situation to know. Wouldn't be an easy choice for me.
Jun 11, 2016 5:46 AM

Jun 2015
Yes, if I truly loved him with all my heart. If I'm sure he would survive from my sacrifice, then sure. Without hesitation. I know it might be selfish, knowing what you left behind, but I'd still do it.
TinniJun 11, 2016 5:50 AM

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jun 11, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
I don't do something with the intention of dying for someone. I do it with the desire to live with them. Don't underestimate the will to live.
Jun 11, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2009
If he was someone so incredibly precious to me then yes. Dying together can be romantic in a totally tragic and morbid way.
Jun 11, 2016 6:29 AM

Jul 2015
No, bc I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend💁🏼💁🏼💁🏼💁🏼🙅🏼🙅🏼🙅🏼
Jun 11, 2016 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
Sincerely I'm too attached to my life, so I presume no, but now I can talk with my rationality because the situation is quietly, but in a dangerous situation it isn't so sure, because the instinct prevail on reason, so...I haven't idea
Jun 11, 2016 7:11 AM

Oct 2015
Well, if I really love the person, maybe I wouldn't really want to live without them? Hopeless romantic or simply stupid, I guess Haha
Jun 11, 2016 9:14 AM

May 2016
BlueKite said:

I was thinking the same thing when I made this tbh
Jun 11, 2016 9:14 PM

Feb 2016
If I really loved the person, it means I'd like to live with them. So, probably... yeah. I would give my life to saving them since I know that there's no other way to survive and I was certain that they'd survive even after my sacrifice. There'd be no point in not saving your partner since you're gonna die anyways, so why not make the most of it? It's selfish both ways imo.
Jun 13, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2016
Sure I would to this also for close friends. My life is shit (not really shit, I just hate it being alive, such a time waste imo) imo, and I can give soemone the chance to continue his/her life.
EnergyPuddingJun 13, 2016 10:43 AM
Jun 13, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2016
My life right now means nothing to me. My goal right now is to repay my debts, settle my obligations, and eliminate all reasons I have left to live. Currently, I keep a sort of tally of my own worth versus the worth of the people around me, so I can't currently say whether I would or not, but if I decided at some point that they had more to offer society than me, I wouldn't hesitate.

When it comes to the people close to me, though I hate to admit it, I think I'd have to say no with regards to most of them, simply because their ambitions aren't strong enough to carry them to greatness, at least in my view. However, as I currently do not have a spouse, I cannot really say at this time if I would feel or behave any differently given that circumstance.

That said, given my condition, there are circumstances where I wouldn't question it whatsoever. For example, if I relapse into severe depression, there would be no doubt in my mind that dying for someone else would be preferable to living, with or without them. I spend a lot of my life in a daze anyway; I can outperform everyone I know intellectually, but I'm honestly not sure if I actually KNOW any of the things I know. Additionally, I am currently struggling with several physical conditions that make it basically impossible for me to work out or perform any sort of strenuous physical task, even to the point of standing outside in hot weather being impossible. So, in a situation where something like that would be necessary, again, I wouldn't hesitate to trade my life away.
"Shocking truth!" ~Chaika Trabant
"How unpleasant." ~Kuriyama Mirai
"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there." ~Rem
"You don't die for your friends; you live for them." ~Misaka Mikoto
"Now I believe. In my own strength... and in the one who gave me that strength." ~Roze
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."
Signature and forum avatar courtesy of @SenpieX
Jun 13, 2016 10:21 PM

Oct 2015
No, I'm not in a relationship, We would probably both die, there's still a lot of anime left for me to watch.
Jun 13, 2016 10:21 PM
Jul 2015
BlueKite said:

That was my first thought when I saw the thread. If it saves someone else's life, I might as well go down and have my death not be completely meaningless.
Jun 13, 2016 11:12 PM

Jan 2015
Marnie said:
BlueKite said:

That was my first thought when I saw the thread. If it saves someone else's life, I might as well go down and have my death not be completely meaningless.

Yea, I don't really want to live, but it's better than suicide. Also, I have obligations to my family and such. But I'd say it would be worth dying for another person, not because I care about this other person, but because it's better if the one who dies, is the one who has less to live for.
Jun 14, 2016 12:15 AM

Mar 2015
Heck no. Time will heal a broken, guilt and regret ridden heart and my life is more precious to me more than anything. If I decide to end my life, it will be for me and no one else.

In the end, only my life is real to me. And, no matter how painful it is, I still prefer it over not existing. And also, the thought that my loved ones will eventually find someone else and sooner or later I will be nothing but hazy locked up memories in the minds of people who no longer care about me because there's nothing left of me to care about is too much to bear.
DoomdoctorJun 14, 2016 1:14 AM
Jun 14, 2016 4:48 AM

May 2016
Doomdoctor said:
Heck no. Time will heal a broken, guilt and regret ridden heart and my life is more precious to me more than anything. If I decide to end my life, it will be for me and no one else.

In the end, only my life is real to me. And, no matter how painful it is, I still prefer it over not existing. And also, the thought that my loved ones will eventually find someone else and sooner or later I will be nothing but hazy locked up memories in the minds of people who no longer care about me because there's nothing left of me to care about is too much to bear.

You sound like a piece of shit to be honest.
Jun 14, 2016 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Sorakaa said:
Doomdoctor said:

You sound like a piece of shit to be honest.

That was uncalled for.

But if valuing my own life above anything makes me a "piece of shit", then I'm willing to be a "Piece of shit".
Jun 14, 2016 7:08 AM

May 2014
I don't think I'll love my future bf the same way or more than I love my family though, so no.
Jun 14, 2016 8:11 AM

Sep 2015
No idea since I'm not in a relationship. Voted yes though because I would for my family.
Jun 16, 2016 12:26 AM

May 2014
I would even if I hated the person I was with because the end result would be death
Jun 20, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
I'd do that for anyone even if they are a stranger.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2014
Yes, but it would be a HELL YES WHY WOULDN'T I for sacrificing my life for my child if I ever had one. A mother's bond to her child transcends everything else.
Jun 20, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Without a second thought, yes.

"Blessed is he who lays down his life for his friend".
Eminem meets Clannad
Just when you thought Clannad's OST was as sad as it could get ;_;

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.
Jun 20, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2016
I wouldn't be able to feel any feelings except for fear in such a moment. My instincts would tell me to run for my life, and that's what I'd do. I'd only start to feel regret, worry and sorrow after escaping.
azula-is-gayJun 21, 2016 12:52 PM
Jun 20, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
Lol hell no. I'm the main character of my own life and I won't let me story end so quickly. Honestly I feel like I might do it for a spur of the moment type thing, but thinking about it rationally it doesn't make sense. You can get another girlfriend, but you can't get another life.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 20, 2016 1:58 PM

Nov 2008
Hell, no. I would just grab the occasion to take his money and get away with it.
Jun 20, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2016
LoneWolf said:
Lol hell no. I'm the main character of my own life and I won't let me story end so quickly. Honestly I feel like I might do it for a spur of the moment type thing, but thinking about it rationally it doesn't make sense. You can get another girlfriend, but you can't get another life.

Spoken like a true lone wolf. Not going to early grave for some girl I just met.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jun 20, 2016 6:04 PM

Oct 2014
Fake love is easy to forget, true love is hard to find
I wouldn't die for a boyfriend, but maybe I would do it for a friend
As they say, chicks before dicks
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Jun 20, 2016 6:28 PM

Jan 2014
Ofcourse, @SnugglyWhuggly is my everything and I am nothing without her.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jun 21, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2014
Fuck no. They should be able to protect themselves. If I'm able to protect them by dying, they should be able to survive without me dying by not being stupid.

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 4 hours ago

2 by Dumb »»
9 minutes ago

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

6 by cotetowemixx »»
3 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Today

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
4 hours ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 11 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.