Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 18, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2015
On the next episode : Everyone turn into orange juice.

Jun 18, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2015
I wonder if next episode will have a decent ending. The build-up was decent, though. I liked the episode. Seems like Chidori realized she was being selfish all this time. But hey, I can't completely blame her.

Jun 18, 2016 2:56 PM

Jun 2014
I think that one of the reasons this show is so boring now is that there aren't really any stakes. There's no enemy. The Kizna committee only wants world peace but their project failed and they have no incentive to continue it. Neither do our main group of protagonists. The only one who wants to resume the project is Sonozaki. Now this is a problem because depending on how much people actually care about this character, most people won't give a shit about the Kizna system initiating. There's no reason to root for or oppose the plan.
Jun 18, 2016 2:57 PM

Oct 2015
I ...I don't understand the point of this episode. The first and second halves of the episode feel so disconnected. I also don't think adequate time was spent on current Noriko. What is her purpose, what is she trying to obtain. Why has it taken us until the final episode to know this? Not to mention Urushii coming to the conclusion that empathy is possible between friends even without the Kizna System. Its like this woman spent her life disjointed from the rest of the human race.

Chidori finally acknowledges she has been a selfish mess, contrary to many of her fans who have been religiously justifying her behaviour. I just don't understand why she came to that realisation because of what Katsuhira said to her.

Also, Hisomu usurped Tenga's role as "best bro". Tenga is contradicting himself. Despite saying its more painful to not answer someone's feelings than to be rejected he has still yet to speak to Nico despite going to see Chidori the first day back from summer break. It's like Mari Okada forgets what she writes between episodes. Little Noriko is still precious.
Jun 18, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2014
SpikeykoaLa said:
Gah... this show is such a mess.
At times I really REALLY enjoy it, and some of the character interactions are great (Maki and Yuta especially), and I generally liked the exposition of the last episode and the beginning of this episode. Also, the art can be outstanding at times. However, the good moments don't really make up for the amount of times I've watched it thinking, "So what? Who cares? What's the point?" This finale is going to have to be stellar to justify all of the nonsense up to this point.

exactly!

I think my biggest gripe is I don't understand Sonozaki very well. I had some theories about her motivations and end goals, but if her plan is to turn people into vegetables for her childhood friends (and only friends at that), then that's not that exciting. I was assuming more out of both Sonozaki and Katsuhira, but it seems like they both can't understand each other and they are both in the dark, which is totally disappointing. "i'm disappointed in you" and other stuff from this anime lured me into thinking Sonozaki is concerned about Katsuhira and that they actually have a connection, now I think it has all been undermined.

hopefully the last episode will deliver.
TiemuuuJun 18, 2016 4:40 PM
Jun 18, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2015
Is Sonozaki basically going on a suicide mission? Connected to 19 people already made her like that. Connecting to hundreds of people will break that girl loll.
Jun 18, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
i feel like some are being too critical on this show since i think its fine as it is
Jun 18, 2016 4:23 PM
Dec 2013
animefan8800 said:
It's kinda astounding just how boring and difficult to sit through this has become. This episode had maybe two minutes where I didn't have to fight the urge to skip ahead or check the time, mostly that absurd ending. Thank god the finale is next week.

Once people started confessing their feelings for one another in the group this show went off the deep end. I mean I'm still going to finish it but the whole show fell apart.
Jun 18, 2016 4:41 PM

Nov 2014
juicykitten95 said:
i feel like some are being too critical on this show since i think its fine as it is

I feel like some are being too oblivious to this shows' failings, since I don't think it's fine as it is.
Jun 18, 2016 4:46 PM

Apr 2012
MoonStar9 said:
I ...I don't understand the point of this episode. The first and second halves of the episode feel so disconnected. I also don't think adequate time was spent on current Noriko. What is her purpose, what is she trying to obtain. Why has it taken us until the final episode to know this? Not to mention Urushii coming to the conclusion that empathy is possible between friends even without the Kizna System. Its like this woman spent her life disjointed from the rest of the human race.

Chidori finally acknowledges she has been a selfish mess, contrary to many of her fans who have been religiously justifying her behaviour. I just don't understand why she came to that realisation because of what Katsuhira said to her.

Also, Hisomu usurped Tenga's role as "best bro". Tenga is contradicting himself. Despite saying its more painful to not answer someone's feelings than to be rejected he has still yet to speak to Nico despite going to see Chidori the first day back from summer break. It's like Mari Okada forgets what she writes between episodes. Little Noriko is still precious.

Exactly my feelings.
Jun 18, 2016 5:10 PM

Dec 2009
Katsuhira finally showing so much pain and anguish after so many episodes of being emotionless is refreshing. I find it interesting how much Hisomu has become a buddy to him through all this, more so than Tenga.

I actually really enjoyed this episode, people being hyper critical about everything in this series bug me more than anything else honestly. Settle the fuck down and drop it if you don't like the series, less bullshit to read on the threads each week.
Jun 18, 2016 5:21 PM

Jul 2008
What the heck was this bullshit at the end? Why are they adding so much new plot to the already big pile of plot that will need to be resolved next week (like the issues between protagonists and saving Kacchon's friends)

What the hell Nori-chan :|

And that scene between Urushii and the gang, I facepalmed so hard at them not realising the obvious, lol

Tenga, why did you have to become such a dick? :/ Hisomu best bro and Nico best girl confirmed :3

Finale is gonna be a mess.
Jun 18, 2016 5:32 PM

Nov 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Katsuhira finally showing so much pain and anguish after so many episodes of being emotionless is refreshing. I find it interesting how much Hisomu has become a buddy to him through all this, more so than Tenga.

I actually really enjoyed this episode, people being hyper critical about everything in this series bug me more than anything else honestly. Settle the fuck down and drop it if you don't like the series, less bullshit to read on the threads each week.

no u.

you can like something and still be critical about it. acting like everything is perfect is just... boring. I don't watch shows so I can stop thinking and be a human vegetable, I watch shows because it excites my imagination and makes me think. I want to connect the dots, and here the dots lack a little cohesion.
Jun 18, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
Tiemuuu said:
SpikeykoaLa said:
Gah... this show is such a mess.
At times I really REALLY enjoy it, and some of the character interactions are great (Maki and Yuta especially), and I generally liked the exposition of the last episode and the beginning of this episode. Also, the art can be outstanding at times. However, the good moments don't really make up for the amount of times I've watched it thinking, "So what? Who cares? What's the point?" This finale is going to have to be stellar to justify all of the nonsense up to this point.

exactly!

I think my biggest gripe is I don't understand Sonozaki very well. I had some theories about her motivations and end goals, but if her plan is to turn people into vegetables for her childhood friends (and only friends at that), then that's not that exciting. I was assuming more out of both Sonozaki and Katsuhira, but it seems like they both can't understand each other and they are both in the dark, which is totally disappointing. "i'm disappointed in you" and other stuff from this anime lured me into thinking Sonozaki is concerned about Katsuhira and that they actually have a connection, now I think it has all been undermined.

hopefully the last episode will deliver.

I think you nailed the problem. The fact that everything relates back to Sonozaki is what makes it inevitably dull. She's a dull character who had interesting potential, but I don't know if they are going to capitalize on that potential or just make her a bland "sympathetic" villain. I'd have preferred to see much more of the supporting cast towards the end of this show rather than Sonozaki and Katsuhira. As someone in a thread I was reading pointed out, you can sum up this show in one word at this point: Nori-chan.

Still hopeful!
Jun 18, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Nori-chan wants to Max S rank the world
Jun 18, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
animefan8800 said:
It's kinda astounding just how boring and difficult to sit through this has become. This episode had maybe two minutes where I didn't have to fight the urge to skip ahead or check the time, mostly that absurd ending. Thank god the finale is next week.

I'm inclined to agree. I mean I feel they are pushing a theory that is basic common sense. You develop a tight enough bond with someone then you share their feelings of pain ie their pain is your pain. I just don't get what the agenda is here with Nori-chan. Again I feel this is straight up common sense and it's being treated like some mysterious connection that's either absent or dormant in normal life in this universe.
Jun 18, 2016 8:00 PM

May 2016
Man I really really really really really really Really............REALLY don't want this anime to have a disappointing ending......This was a good anime, and I don't want to downgrade my score if possible...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 18, 2016 8:10 PM

Dec 2009
Tiemuuu said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

no u.

you can like something and still be critical about it. acting like everything is perfect is just... boring. I don't watch shows so I can stop thinking and be a human vegetable, I watch shows because it excites my imagination and makes me think. I want to connect the dots, and here the dots lack a little cohesion.

How about you actually read what is said before thinking it applies to you. I'm speaking towards the people legit hating on the show and acting like its shit. Criticism is ok, but there are plenty of people that don't like something but just comment to shit on it.
Jun 18, 2016 8:51 PM
Oct 2012
this episode started out okay but then okada happened so ofc we can't have nice things. katsuhira was so cute! he's trying to understand everything! wow so proud! yaamada can suck it i still don't like him gtfo. tenga was my favorite dude at the beginning, now he's being a whiny pissbaby. because of chidori???? idgi like bruh calm down. (nico's right there but then again u don't deserve best girl) i'm really disappointed because tenga was the ultimate bro to katsuhira, but then episode 9 so. but now hisomu's ultimate bro status. (which is also good!) if katsuhira + hisomu + nico were the only kiznaivers there'd b world peace

chidori finally realized she's a selfish bitch, excellent. but with one episode left, can she reedem herself and learn how to consider the viewpoints of others? find out next time on dragonball z

lmao honestly what the fuck was that ending though? nori girl what the fuck are you thinking? sometimes i like you and then sometimes 😒 chill nothing made sense in this honestly this series needs to just stop

in all honesty, this show tried to focus on way too much in 12 episodes. that's why it's awful. okada should have decided on if she wanted kiznaiver to be primarily character driven (interpersonal relationships, trauma, why they act the way they do, etc.), focus on the dynamics of the previous kiznaiver experiment and why they felt they need to replicate the experiment, or show potential repercussions. if she wanted to develop the characters, then develop the fucking characters. if she wanted to focus on why kiznaiver is an awful fucking idea, then that should have been the primary focus. there's no clear problem, everything just gets thrown on top of each which is so fucking irritating because nothing will get resolved properly i'm just sad because me and my gf were so excited for this series but then i don't know... :( (if she wanted both, smaller cast would've have been key) just because you add a lot of drama won't make it interesting or good.

hisomu and nico best characters 2k16

also, what the fuck ever happened to the idea of the seven deadly sins? we only touched upon maki's sin really so why introduce something and then???? hisomu wanting to feel pain because he wanted to feel alive???? hello? what? i'm done talking
Jun 18, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2013
After a really bad episode, we got a great episode and now we're back to a bad episode. GG Kiznaiver. At least the KatsuNicoMu trio is still fun to watch but Tenga and Chidori are still being annoying, I have no comprehension on what Noriko even wants and Maki and Yuta seem like they belong in a different series entirely.
Jun 18, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 2013
Hisomu with his "buzz, buzz, buzz" and "Splash, splash, splash" made this episode worth watching.

And seriously Nori-chan's become such a hard M. Does she enjoy being in pain THAT much?

I wouldn't be surprised if the end of this anime was crap either.... that's been a recurring theme throughout this entire season.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 18, 2016 9:05 PM

Oct 2007
Kerozinn said:
this garbage is barely watchable anymore.

Pretty much this. Can't shake away the feeling that whoever wrote this was smoking something good.

The concept sounds good, but it seems the author didn't find good ways to explore it.
Jun 18, 2016 9:26 PM
May 2016
Tenth said:
animefan8800 said:

Yeah to me this is by far my least favorite of Studio Triggers work, so bad.

Only really care about Nico, too bad she's stuck in a bad show.

if that really was true you guys wouldn't watch it as soon as it came out and take the trouble of commenting on it as soon as you were done watching it.
Jun 18, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2009
great episode, now time for the finale, my guess is that Sonozaki will die to finally bring back the emotions of Kacchon and their old friends on the laboratory
Jun 18, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2013
j0x said:
great episode, now time for the finale, my guess is that Sonozaki will die to finally bring back the emotions of Kacchon and their old friends on the laboratory
This sounds so depressingly reasonable don't do that to me.
Happy Halloween
Jun 18, 2016 9:32 PM
May 2016
My hopes for episode 12:

If there's a season 2, it should end at a huge cliffhanger (like is Jon Snow dead or alive)

If there's no season 2 then it should end either really really sad or really really happy.
Jun 18, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2010
Ayush_Vatal said:
Tenth said:

if that really was true you guys wouldn't watch it as soon as it came out and take the trouble of commenting on it as soon as you were done watching it.

That's not how it works at all. I watched Big Order & Mayoiga immediately too and those are shit also. Sounds like you only need to be positive according to your statement.
Jun 18, 2016 9:34 PM
Dec 2013
Ayush_Vatal said:
Tenth said:

Could be that they feel the same as how I feel about the manga Bleach. Its terrible but I'm invested enough to see it through to the end no matter how bad it gets. It wasn't always so bad but after about the 2/3rds point it just took a nose dive.

Some stuff is like that. It gets bad but you're determined to see it through because you became invested in it.
Jun 18, 2016 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
PDot19 said:
j0x said:
This sounds so depressingly reasonable don't do that to me.

lol we will see, its just a guess on my part
Jun 18, 2016 9:35 PM
Dec 2013
Tenth said:
Ayush_Vatal said:

That's not how it works at all. I watched Big Order & Mayoiga immediately too and those are shit also. Sounds like you only need to be positive according to your statement.

Mayoiga still manages to be entertaining. Big Order is crap and I dropped it after 3 episodes.
Jun 18, 2016 9:49 PM

Oct 2012
I liked the moments of self reflection in this episode. Katsuhira taking time to really think through what he wanted to do, and communicating his wishes with his friends. I also greatly appreciated Chidori's self reflection on how selfish she was acting.

I don't know that Yaamada can be dismissed and forgiven that easily, he was a pretty haughty douchebag and I don't find this episode to have redeemed or helped his image at all.

We can really start to see Nori-chan's desperation and just how much she's trying to fulfill her goal.

I liked Katsuhira's growth a lot, and I liked Hisomu's supportive actions as well, he's just as good a bro as Takumi from Koutetsujou

Overall I'm on the 'love' side of the community for this anime and can't wait to see how they wrap this up in the finale. although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared that they might screw up the ending conclusion
gust11Jun 18, 2016 9:52 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 18, 2016 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
Chidori is still annoying, Sonozaki is even CRAZIER then we though, and Katsuhira is slowly returning to being "Normal"

Nico and Hisomu were awesome again in this episode.

I also like the moment with Maki and Katsuhira, you could feel the attachment between them I felt.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 18, 2016 11:21 PM
May 2016
"buzz...buz...buzz...splash...splash...splash", Hisumo and "Remember!"*while shaking katsuhira's head* Nico made this episode fun. The strong points this episode is the realizations of the characters. Chidori finally realized her selfishness. Katsuhira realized that he can still think and connect even though he lacks emotion. The group of them also realized now that they can still feel each others pain especially the pain they felt for seeing Katsuhira in deep pain and thinking hard, even though without the kizna system. The thing bothering me is the going to be the last episode which is the spreading of kizna to the world, I mean for what is the essence. Connecting all the people to Sonozaki.
Neo_oeNJun 18, 2016 11:33 PM
Jun 18, 2016 11:44 PM

May 2015
new title next : Ningyou Aizou Girl, Noriko-chan (doll love-hate girl noriko-chan)
Jun 18, 2016 11:49 PM

Sep 2015
HyperL said:
Man I really really really really really really Really............REALLY don't want this anime to have a disappointing ending......This was a good anime, and I don't want to downgrade my score if possible...

Exactly would like a season to but doubt it would be as good due to lack of content. Just hope it ends well. This episode was decent, the high of the show was episode 9 though
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jun 19, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
I'll just fix everything with one sentence, then everything will make sense:

Sonozaki is Esdeath.

That's it, now everything makes sense, the idea that pain is happyness, the joy of putting people into an insane system that almost made them go mad. And finally rising an army to bring pure chaos. Sonozaki was Esdeath all along.

And in the end she just wanted the love of a guy. Yeah, totally Esdeath.

_____

I serously liked this anime, I just hope it gets a decent ending.
Jun 19, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
Kacchan seriously took control of this episode.... everything being wound up...

Now is the time for the grand finale as Nori becomes more berserk.... Final episode (Iguess I am a little excited)
Jun 19, 2016 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
Pleasant episode, though the message and delivery is too ham-fisted.
Jun 19, 2016 12:50 AM

May 2012
I have a feeling that Nori -Chan trying to get more pain so that it would kill her and return all those feelings back to her friends. However she is not confident with the fact Katsuhira had already regain his pain ( least though) and also his feelings. As what urushi trying to say, it was made possible even without Kizna system. I assume, Nori either will die or reborn as someone who used to be her in the past..
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 19, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
devinder said:
Tulicloure said:

Because it's so hard to find people IRL who don't have a single drop of empathy and can only understand their own feelings, right?

I'm talking about Kiznaiver, not IRL.

Yeah, you're talking about Kiznaiver. But you're implying those kids are sheltered based on what you believe is a necessity for a person in real life to lack empathy. It would make no sense if you believed people from the Kiznaiver universe needed to be more (or less, for that matter) sheltered than IRL people in order to be apathetic.

But OK, let's assume the Kiznaiver universe has a completely different empathetic-to-apathetic ratio than our own. Let's also assume that it's mostly empathetic people, so that, in order to get so many kids lacking empathy to be part of the experiment, you'd need either a huge coincidence or to be properly looking for that kind of characteristic in them. At Episode 1, Nori tells the others that they were picked specifically as "types that normally wouldn't meet or get along with one another". So yeah, it does seem like they were chosen while paying attention to how difficult it'd be for them to empathically connect without the help of the Kiznaiver System.

Katsuhira is the "Imbecile", one who doesn't understand others' feelings. He's basically the definition of an apathetic person.
Yuta is the "Cunning Normal", one who acts as a superficial individual and cares more about outer appearance than inner feelings.
Chidori the "Annoyingly Self-righteous"/"Goody-two-shoes", who always thinks she's right and fails to consider how others feel.
Honoka the "High-and-mighty", who acts as if she's better than everyone else. She doesn't want to connect with others due to her past.
Nico is the "Eccentric Headcase", whose weird behavior puts people off. Probably has had no actual friends before.
Tenga the "Musclehead Thug", who thinks and acts without thinking or consideration.
Hisomu the "Immoral", who has a different sets of morals and thus is harder to relate with.

So yeah, these characters were specifically put together by the Kiznaiver researches because no one believed they'd be able to have empathy for one another without the help of the system. So, when they find out that they do care about how the others feel (when the Kiznaiver System should have ended), it comes as a surprise to them.

MoonStar9 said:
I ...I don't understand the point of this episode. The first and second halves of the episode feel so disconnected.

First half: Katsuhira is feeling sad about his old friends. Nico tells him that since they're not connected through the Kiznaiver System anymore, they should be proactive in connecting with each other, sharing what they're feeling and thinking. Katsuhira starts to think about how his friends have been feeling this whole time and tries to understand them.

Second half: Katsuhira talks to his friends (first Nori, then the others) in other to explain the conclusions he has reached while thinking during the first half: that a lot of what they have achieved was due to the connections they have developed naturally as friends. Since he's being proactive in sharing his feelings, that's also directly related to what Nico said earlier. And then it shows that there is a connection among then when they share their feelings, again going back to their conversation in the earlier part of the episode. Katsuhira also says that he doesn't want to forget about them the same way he forgot about his old friends, and that he doesn't want to be the only one that feels no pain/emotion (referencing what he found out at the end of the last episode and thought about at the beginning of this one)

How are those disconnected?

Also, how is an episode in which the main character has a big development, has conversations that may be key to finding a solution to the main plot, and defines a new motivation pointless? You can say you don't care about the story, the characters, or whatever, so that you don't care about what happened in this episode. But if you think there was no point in this episode (given that the story and characters are what they are), then I'd say you didn't properly pay attention to what's being said.
Jun 19, 2016 2:03 AM
Apr 2015
Well at least Katsuhira and Chidori finally notice their faults. I liked the rooftop scene. But what the heck was Sonozaki thinking in the last part?? I take back what I said last week. I don't get her at all. Can't wait to see the finale. don't disappoint please..
Jun 19, 2016 2:19 AM

Jun 2014
Enjoyed the rooftop scene, looking forward to how the finale will be. I've enjoyed the series thus far. I don't have any qualms about it either, but I tend not to look or pay attention to faults within a show unless they're pressing matters. Then again, I'm not very critical of many things, anyway. To each their own, I suppose. I do enjoy looking at the varying opinions of this show, however.

Jun 19, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
Let humanity become one... in a sense.

Funniest moment: a bunch of highschool teenagers discovering empathy for the first time, and taking it as some weird sci-fi experience product. I know they have some reason to "discover" it but even what the woman says could mean it is an alien concept.
At least, it was more understandable than the global story. I am lost again and don't know which story I followed since the beginning.

3/5 I hope we get to know more about everything or at least a part of it in the final episode.

I am not sharing the thought that an anime isn't good just because it features "annoying" or "wheeny" characters by the way. f they fit the story and support it effectively, they are good characters. (bad/good fiction character doesn't mean entertaining character or likable people IRL)
Jun 19, 2016 3:15 AM
Feb 2015
wait what
what is her plan. that ending got me thinking
Jun 19, 2016 3:41 AM
Jan 2015
The build up is real. I just hope Kiznaiver finds its groove and mix these two disjointed themes. You know, the kizna thing and the character moments. Other than that, it's my most favorite new show this season.

PS: I am also blogging anime series and here's my blog. Thank you for paying a visit.
Jun 19, 2016 3:41 AM

Jun 2015
Cejara said:
I hate how I have to struggle through this show :/. It was one of my most anticipated shows this season and it just turns out to be a boring melodrama... 1 more episode to go, maybe this last episode can be redeeming, I highly doubt it though. I am pretty sure I am rating this low and I don't rate low at all. Oh well I guess. I honestly have no idea what is even happening anymore to be honest. It just seems like a mesh of ideas, plot devices, and love triangles, and teen angst that I got lost in the original idea of this show.

I feel ya man.

I used to anticipate and like each week episode a lot till they messed it up in ep 9 with the forced drama, teen angst and what not. The show lost me in that episode and I stopped caring but continued it to see how they will sum this up but now it is hard to watch with the focus on the least interesting characters (katsuhira, Noriko) and it is too late to drop it now so might as well finish it. =__='
HijaziJul 16, 2016 7:25 AM
Jun 19, 2016 4:37 AM

May 2015
The MAL forum cancer strikes again. Nice to see after not coming to the forums for a month that nothing has changed. Reading some of these posts makes me want to kill myself.

Jun 19, 2016 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
I'm starting to get this feeling that I maybe should rewatch this after this has ended, could bring out some new perspectives... maybe.

This episode wasn't that amazing, but maybe it's just the build-up. Still, the dialogue, the visuals and the soundtrack are to my liking. Too bad it's the finale next week.
Jun 19, 2016 6:28 AM

Sep 2015
This was an interesting episode, really curious if the finale can pull it together better than this though. I think too much of this by the end just felt like set up for the big finale, like not enough ground was actually covered with the characters becoming friends again in this episode.

Still while not as strong as last week I think this episode had a lot going for it. I like how it thematically reached its conclusion about it's ridiculous premise. The idea of Kiznaiver has been pretty absurd from the start and full of plot holes/ things that generally didn't make sense. But I think I became a little more forgiving of it after the rooftop and subsequent exposition scene. The central idea that life is easier when you share it with other people and have empathy for them is pretty familiar to anime fans but well illustrated here. It might have been a bit obvious, but I was amused by all the kids thinking there were remnants of the Kizna system and really they just hurt because they care about Katsuhira.

I've enjoyed the shift in character dynamics in the last two episodes. I kind of like that Tenga, Chidori, Maki and Yuta have sort of been side lined and characterized as being childish and selfish. Meanwhile Hisomu who has been pretty much nothing but comic relief till now has had a good thing going recently as the one who seems to have the best head on his shoulders and is helping Katsuhira with his problems. It's been a nice shift.

Kind of curious if they can stick the landing and bring up my opinion of it a little bit. It's been a fun and interesting though not exceptional series. Kind of curious is Noriko is supposed to be kind of villainous there at the end. I think the frozen in time kid saying Noriko's name as she was leaving was actually kind of eerie. We'll just have to wait and see how this all shakes out.
Jun 19, 2016 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
a BIG MEGA ULTRA SUPER HUGE GIGANTIC ENORMOUS MASSIVE COLOSSAL MAMMOTH IMMENSE MOUNTAINOUS TITANIC masochist Sonozaki is.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.