Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Which Akame Ga Kill Character You Hate The Most
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 18, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
How can anyone except sickos feel nothing but disgust after Shura and Champ raped and killed Bols' family on his grave for no reason? Why isn't Champ on the poll?

ZettaiRyouiki said:
>Series has multiple giant assholes that constantlly act in assholish ways and have zero redeemable qualities.
>Nice girl who happens to be tsundere is hated more than nearly all of them despite caring deeply for her allies and fighting for good causes.

And this is why I avoid forums and the like.

Probably because the villains play their role well and are not just the generic "bad-guy-who-was-a-good-guy-but-is-now-bad-wants-a-good-thing-through-bad means", while Mine..:

- Short? Check.
- Ponytails? Check.
- Unusual hair color? Check.
- Flat chest? Check
- That one tsundere tooth? Check.
- High-pitched voice? Check.
- Likes the MC more so because she's a tsundere? Check.

She's like the trope personified. Absolutely nothing new, unique or interesting about her. Now add the fact that she's extremely annoying and has no chemistry with the MC whatsoever. So how exactly is it hard for people to dislike her? Lol'd at ''who happens to be a tsundere'', by the way.

I don't hate anyone. Hatred is a strong word reserved for people I know in real life that have done harm to me personally, not a drawing. Dislike fits better, and so I voted for Shura, that bastard. Mine would be second.
MaledictJan 18, 2016 8:25 AM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 18, 2016 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
Maledict said:

She's like the trope personified. Absolutely nothing new, unique or interesting about her. Now add the fact that she's extremely annoying and has no chemistry with the MC whatsoever. So how exactly is it hard for people to dislike her? Lol'd at ''who happens to be a tsundere'', by the way.

And Leone is an extremely generic "busty older sister" character but nobody hates her or even close. The rest is subjective and some people enjoy this character type, shown from having quite the Japanese fanbase apparently.

And as said, there is a difference between "hate" and "hate the most" and when you put "kinda annoying" over "rapist asshole" maybe you should check your priorities. Even you admit Shura and his rape buddy are the worst.
Jan 18, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
Seryuu

There was not a single god damn moment I thought "aww poor girl" or "she isn't so bad". Everytime she got screentime, I just wanted to punch her. Should have died in ep 1 or something, but w/e.
Apr 16, 2016 8:20 AM
Mar 2016
does people who hate mine really exist 😧
Apr 16, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
WeebDude said:
does people who hate mine really exist 😧

Hell yeah we do. She deserves every bit of hate too
Apr 17, 2016 2:29 AM
Mar 2016
why tho? she's the sweetest thing in the anime
MarChlAnnApr 17, 2016 2:36 AM
Apr 18, 2016 7:41 AM
Oct 2013
Why the hell Wave isn't in the poll?
Apr 18, 2016 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
shura g'dammit!
dude's sick as hell
May 3, 2016 3:32 PM
Jan 2015
I vote for Kurome, and I know why... I hated her all the way.
May 3, 2016 3:44 PM
Jan 2015
Pumkin2712 said:
Raisken said:

Then I didn't catch your meaning since, you didn't specify it was about a posts, either way it doesn't change the fact written earlier - loose? which world or post says so, can't find it. How can you know I am angry? it's only your assumption nothing more. My sentenses can feel that way, since they are connected and taken from real life lol.

I can imagine what you're like in real life, with such way of thinking, since no adult would spout such nonsense after all, unless his brain doesn't work like it should. - Take no offense in this, but that's how you act/write right now, even if it is anime/manga topic.

Oh on side note I can make my posts look like not so serious just by adding emoticons like you, what a great idea :)
well im a adult and i know people like u and just by listening 2 u i can tell that u are arogant just call it feeling u want reasons so bad? i give u reasons kurome is fighting for the wrong side for someone just as me who hates evil its a valid reason 2 hate her also her first appereance with the dead bodys and with her sitting on top of them while laughing pisses me off also she is part of the evil in the empire she is cruel and brutal what makes her inhuman no sense of justice and she knows about the evil in the empire and it doesnt bother her she is even helping them i have some more reason but i really must go now also why dont we ignore each other it would be better that way?

Some fans of Akame's little twisted sisiter, just don't even know when to...

LET IT GO. LET IT GO. LET IT GO.

But hey, that's just them. Besides, Kurome did do some worse things, before she killed Chelsea.
May 4, 2016 6:29 PM
Oct 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Maledict said:

And Leone is an extremely generic "busty older sister" character but nobody hates her or even close.

I do. That archetype is one of the worst.
May 4, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Maledict said:

And Leone is an extremely generic "busty older sister" character but nobody hates her or even close.

There, there. Bashing a character to defend another character. What a good way of character defense. This never gets old, LOL.

Can you just accept that there are people who hate Mine? While she is not the best NR member, I still like her. But I can understand why people dislike her due to her classic tsundere characteristics.

On topic, it's definitely Prime Minister Honest, Shura and the Wild Hunt, and Seryuu. It's as if these characters were intentionally made to be hated. I honestly cheered when Seryuu bit the dust in Chapter 38, and when Shura gets his ass kicked by Lubbock. And I just hope that Honest bites his dust at the final arc.
KOZ8888May 4, 2016 7:25 PM
May 4, 2016 8:35 PM

May 2015
Seryuu is just a crazy psychotic bitch with little to no character depth anyway and absolutely none of her logic makes sense
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 5, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
^
Not that every character of the series is deep or complex, you know. About her logic, is what the Empire made her believe, so it has sense for the Empire anyway.

KoZ2029 said:
On topic, it's definitely Prime Minister Honest, Shura and the Wild Hunt, and Seryuu. It's as if these characters were intentionally made to be hated.
Not in Seryu's case, though.
IllyricusMay 5, 2016 5:01 AM
May 5, 2016 1:57 AM

Nov 2008
KoZ2029 said:
There, there. Bashing a character to defend another character. What a good way of character defense. This never gets old, LOL.

Can you just accept that there are people who hate Mine? While she is not the best NR member, I still like her. But I can understand why people dislike her due to her classic tsundere characteristics.

That wasn't bashing, that was showing the hypocresy of haters. If you hate Mine for being generic then you should hate Leone because she's equallly generic or even more so. Or even better then, go hate Shura. He actually deserves that.

Also the problem is not people disliking Mine, is the sheer extreme vitriol and hatred she gets for reasons that frankly do not justify this level of hate. She gets "overhated" so to say. The fact she's in the series with the biggest percent of hateable asshole villains out there only makes the thing look even more ridiculous. At least in slice of life series when one character gets overly hated is over normal people and not over rapists and serial killers.
May 5, 2016 2:38 AM

Dec 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:
KoZ2029 said:

That wasn't bashing, that was showing the hypocresy of haters. If you hate Mine for being generic then you should hate Leone because she's equallly generic or even more so. Or even better then, go hate Shura. He actually deserves that.

Also the problem is not people disliking Mine, is the sheer extreme vitriol and hatred she gets for reasons that frankly do not justify this level of hate. She gets "overhated" so to say. The fact she's in the series with the biggest percent of hateable asshole villains out there only makes the thing look even more ridiculous. At least in slice of life series when one character gets overly hated is over normal people and not over rapists and serial killers.

Maybe it's just that some people don't like tsundere archetypes and find them annoying (especially the Type A ones, and made worse by the fact that Mine is one of them) which I think is why people hate Mine but kept silent about Leone.
May 5, 2016 7:07 AM

Nov 2008
KoZ2029 said:
Maybe it's just that some people don't like tsundere archetypes and find them annoying (especially the Type A ones, and made worse by the fact that Mine is one of them) which I think is why people hate Mine but kept silent about Leone.

But Mine barely tsunderes at all. She's often either fighting or being the butt of jokes. And when the romance starts she actually acts fairly reasonable and cute. People make it sound like she's just Naru reborn and punches Tatsumi all the time for things he didn't do or even things she did.
May 5, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:
KoZ2029 said:

But Mine barely tsunderes at all. She's often either fighting or being the butt of jokes. And when the romance starts she actually acts fairly reasonable and cute. People make it sound like she's just Naru reborn and punches Tatsumi all the time for things he didn't do or even things she did.

Okay... She is still a Type A tsundere, but I agree that she is one of the tamer examples (not to the extent of Naru). These scenes are the cause that I think so.

And some people apparently dislike the tsundere archetype that bad, which is why they hate her despite her being one of the most chill examples.
May 5, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2008
KoZ2029 said:
Okay... She is still a Type A tsundere, but I agree that she is one of the tamer examples (not to the extent of Naru). These scenes are the cause that I think so.

And some people apparently dislike the tsundere archetype that bad, which is why they hate her despite her being one of the most chill examples.

Never said she wasn't tsundere, just that she barely has scenes showing that. And what you posted was mild and cute, if people really hate Mine for this I think they really have issues.
May 5, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:
KoZ2029 said:

Never said she wasn't tsundere, just that she barely has scenes showing that. And what you posted was mild and cute, if people really hate Mine for this I think they really have issues.

Then I wonder if the hate was caused by her behavior/attitude in the earlier chapters/episodes? I've scurried through discussions and a lot of people seems to be annoyed by that.
KOZ8888Jun 20, 2016 3:03 AM
May 8, 2016 3:27 AM
Oct 2013
Easily Mine. The fat king and his retarded son are atleast meant to be unlikable douchebags. Mine is just plain unlikable while being the most overdone and generic archetype in the book with very little character development and a forced badly written romance.

2nd would be Esdeath. She's also a crappy mary sue that gets away with shit because she's hot. Give her a penis and she's basically another Shura.
Jun 14, 2016 2:54 PM
Jun 2016
Mine. Definitely. Personally I think she really should've died. I mean she's a tsundere and nobody likes that. She's all pink too. Seriously? Couldn't she at least be more colorful?? When she started dating tasumi it made me so mad
Jun 15, 2016 6:35 PM

Jun 2013
Kurome.
No need for explanation.
Jun 16, 2016 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
Inept_Dreamer said:
I don't understand the hate on Seryu though, if you hate her for killing Sheele, blame the author not Seryu lol..... She's badass imo
They are too blinded by salt :P
Jun 16, 2016 3:53 AM

Apr 2013
MonsterKiller said:
Kurome.
No need for explanation.

But Kurome x Wave is best ship

Illyricus said:
Inept_Dreamer said:
I don't understand the hate on Seryu though, if you hate her for killing Sheele, blame the author not Seryu lol..... She's badass imo
They are too blinded by salt :P

She got trashed by worst tsundere tho
Jul 3, 2016 7:00 PM
Sep 2014
Would Champ be the most voted option if he was on the list?

Anyway, voted for Shura. Whenever I think about him, all I can see is an asshole - Not a single redeeming quality in his character beyond being a douche. The PM would be a close second because even he isn't as bad as him, imo.
Jul 27, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2014
I also don't really like the Emperor all that much either...
Jul 27, 2016 5:08 PM

Jun 2016
I'm all about equality. I hate all of them equally. That way, nobody's feelings gets hurt.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jul 29, 2016 6:44 PM
Jul 2016
I hate mine because she's just So.....(I don't know how to explain it.She is just annoying and god dammit tatsumi why u be with her?!!!
Jul 29, 2016 7:49 PM

May 2016
You should've added Champ. That bastard has no possible chance of redemption whatsoever.

I voted for the Prime Minister Fat King because he's the reason why most of the despicable ones gathered into the Empire.

Jul 30, 2016 2:37 PM
Oct 2013
Latest chapter makes me hate Mine even more.
Aug 14, 2016 8:06 PM
Dec 2015
I only hate two. I hate Esdeath, and I hate everyone who hates on Mine. Especially those who rejoiced over what happens to her.
Oct 23, 2016 10:43 PM
Jan 2015
My hatred of Kurome will never go away. I hope her past crimes and actions haunted her a**, forever.
Dec 13, 2016 4:01 PM
Sep 2015
Used to be the minister the fat turd. But after reading the manga now its Shura without a doubt.
Dec 15, 2016 11:05 PM
Jan 2015
Mine says she's gonna kill Kurome. I feel that might be coming.
Nov 4, 2017 10:07 PM
Apr 2016
I'm going purely off of the anime here, but I'm going to have to give my votes to Esdeth and Honest. Honest is obvious, but Esdeth deserves a little bit of explanation at least. I don't dislike her for her characterization (because she's obviously an excellently crafted antagonist), but her personality is absolutely horrifying. I don't care that she acts sweetly around Tatsumi, and I don't care that she seems genuinely compassionate and caring towards the Jaegers. The fact is that she's a genocidal maniac who takes pleasure in indulging her cruelty by torturing her victims, encourages her soldiers to commit similar acts, and seems completely unrepentant about all of the Empire's injustice and corruption so long as she can slake her thirst for violence. Nor do I care that her backstory is sad and shaped who she is; if Miyo Takano's backstory in Higurashi Kai wasn't enough to keep me from hating her for her actions, Esdeth's certainly won't.

On the other hand, I still don't understand everyones' hatred of Mine (Mein)? Granted, I do have a soft spot for tsunderes, and the fact that she's a sniper only enhances that, but even considering that, she's not a bad character. She even seems to have as much depth as any other member of Night Raid, and almost seems to have the opposite philosophy from Esdeth (Esdeth's outlook is the strong killing the weak, while Mine's seems to be the weak becoming stronger to challenge the already strong).
Feb 1, 2018 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Personally, I hate all of them. This manga tries so hard to be dark, and edgy. It's like a teenager writing fanfiction.
Feb 7, 2018 1:18 PM
Dec 2017
Mine is my favorite. Especially after falling in love with Tatsumi. I hate the evil S A T A N nazi ice bitch Esdeath. She forced herself on Tatsumi and loves war and pretends shes helping the people of the empire while shes just killing everyone.
Feb 7, 2018 1:19 PM
Dec 2017
osumatthew said:
I'm going purely off of the anime here, but I'm going to have to give my votes to Esdeth and Honest. Honest is obvious, but Esdeth deserves a little bit of explanation at least. I don't dislike her for her characterization (because she's obviously an excellently crafted antagonist), but her personality is absolutely horrifying. I don't care that she acts sweetly around Tatsumi, and I don't care that she seems genuinely compassionate and caring towards the Jaegers. The fact is that she's a genocidal maniac who takes pleasure in indulging her cruelty by torturing her victims, encourages her soldiers to commit similar acts, and seems completely unrepentant about all of the Empire's injustice and corruption so long as she can slake her thirst for violence. Nor do I care that her backstory is sad and shaped who she is; if Miyo Takano's backstory in Higurashi Kai wasn't enough to keep me from hating her for her actions, Esdeth's certainly won't.

On the other hand, I still don't understand everyones' hatred of Mine (Mein)? Granted, I do have a soft spot for tsunderes, and the fact that she's a sniper only enhances that, but even considering that, she's not a bad character. She even seems to have as much depth as any other member of Night Raid, and almost seems to have the opposite philosophy from Esdeth (Esdeth's outlook is the strong killing the weak, while Mine's seems to be the weak becoming stronger to challenge the already strong).

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS
Feb 20, 2018 9:11 AM
Sep 2017
I like all the characters :P I thought all the characters were pretty well developed. Actually, scrap that I hate the ugly fat PM who eats like an a**. Mine was one of my favorite characters. So we're seryuu and kurome. Tbh, I don't see why any of the characters should be hated. I loved every night radio and Jaeger character in Akame ga Kill
Mar 5, 2018 9:03 PM
Dec 2017
Seryuu.
Cause a bitch with a so called shitty sense of justice with a shitty character story.
Hated her the from the moment of her appearance.

Sorry folks but I don't hate Mine although her character may piss off most people.
Mar 8, 2018 9:24 PM
Jan 2018
while not hate didn't find it fair that kurome got off on an excuse that could easily apply to the Emperor and wasn't a fan of Suzuka somehow living again and getting off easy.
Apr 5, 2018 12:06 PM
Jan 2015
Everyone know that Kurome is number one of characters that deserves to be hated the most. Seryu is second.
VJ87GMar 28, 2021 9:10 PM
Apr 7, 2018 9:29 PM
Apr 2018
I hate sheele I laughed at her death

May 3, 2018 6:13 PM
Jan 2018
Seryu : Idiot Psycho
Esdeath : Heartless
Mine : Tsundere
May 3, 2018 6:13 PM
Jan 2018
Seryu : Idiot Psycho
Esdeath : Heartless
Mine : Tsundere
Sep 11, 2018 10:39 AM
Apr 2018
I think Seryuu is very annoying! She’s hypocritical with your speech about “justice”.
A perfect exemple of fascist and far right girl.
Sep 21, 2018 9:17 PM

Apr 2018
Seryu
Kurome
Esdeath are great
Shame on you people
May 6, 2019 6:59 AM
Jan 2015
Kurome is the worst!
Jan 1, 2020 4:31 AM
Jan 2017
Except for Tatsumi, Kurome, and Mine, I hate every characters on this vote, with Esdeath being the least hated among them.

Seryuu
Her view of extreme justice is probably far beyond One Piece's Sakazuki/Akainu's Absolute Justice. Not sure how Sakaziki would be in the future, whether he would be like Seryuu or not, but as extreme as he is, Seryuu was much more extreme, it's so extreme that it's hateable.

Fat King
If what you mean by Fat King is Prime Minister Honest, he will absolutely become one among the most hated characters, though I'm not even surprised Seryuu is much more hated than Honest. And he did a quite wonderful job as the main antagonist of this series, looking how hated he was in not only in the AGK universe, but also real life.

Shura
Ugh... He is what you call as the poor man's Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist. But like his father, he was just as hateful or less, or maybe more, so he's a good antagonist.

Esdeath
I don't hate Esdeath, but I sure as hell do hate how OP she was. She is so OP and almost a Mary Sue character. I love and enjoyed her character as well as her interaction with every members of Jagers, but I hate how thick her plot armor is.

EDIT:
Okay, now I see why people hate Mine.
1. Tatsumi is supposedly to be with either Akame (most obvious) or Esdeath (most logical), not with Mine.
2. She is a generic tsundere character (which I don't really mind).
IAmOdieJan 1, 2020 4:37 AM
Gintoki and Joseph ftw!
Also, STR or DEX? Quality build, of course!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.