Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 15, 2016 2:30 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
In this thread, you'll find a comprehensive list of Summer 2016 titles with an accompanying promotional video (PV), TV ad (CM), or trailer. This post will be updated to include a PV, CM, or trailer for titles that are missing one, leading up to the start of the season. Titles that already have a video embedded will instead have their newly released videos added to the video tab in the respective entries. For convenience, the video tab can be accessed via the additional videos link next to the embedded video. If a title is missing a video, feel free to post it in this thread.

• Series are sorted by airing date of the first episode. Kids' series are not listed.
• One video of each anime has been selected and embedded under the accompany spoiler for an easy overview (except if the sources are not from YouTube).

June 26

June 28
Fukigen na Mononokean
Manga | Pierrot Plus | Comedy, Shounen, Supernatural
Promotional Video | Additional Videos

July 1
Berserk (2016)
Manga | Millepensee, GEMBA | Action, Adventure, Demons, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Military, Romance, Seinen, Supernatural

July 2
B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious
Music | A-1 Pictures | Music

Hatsukoi Monster
Manga | Studio Deen | Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo

Love Live! Sunshine!!
Original | Sunrise | Music, School, Slice of Life

ReLIFE
Web Manga | TMS Entertainment | Romance, School, Slice of Life

Rewrite
Visual Novel | 8bit | Action, Comedy, Romance, School

Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
Sequel | J.C.Staff | Ecchi, School, Shounen

July 3
Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu
Sequel | LIDENFILMS | Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Supernatural

Days (TV)
Manga | MAPPA | School, Shounen, Sports

Tales of Zestiria the X
Game | ufotable | Fantasy

July 4
New Game!
4-koma Manga | Doga Kobo | Comedy, Seinen, Slice of Life

Orange
Manga | Telecom Animation Film | School, Sci-Fi

Puzzle & Dragons Cross
Game | Studio Pierrot | Game

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (TV)
Manga | J.C.Staff, Egg Firm | Comedy, School, Shounen, Supernatural | 5 min.
Commercial | Additional Videos

July 5
Amaama to Inazuma
Manga | TMS Entertainment | Comedy, Slice of Life

Cheer Danshi!!
Novel | Brain's Base | School, Sports

D.Gray-man Hallow
Sequel | TMS Entertainment | Action, Adventure, Comedy, Demons, Shounen, Super Power

Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu
Manga | EMT² | Comedy, School, Shoujo, Slice of Life | 5 min.

Servamp
Manga | Brain's Base, Platinum Vision | Action, Comedy, Shoujo, Supernatural, Vampire

Show By Rock!! Short!!
Game | Bones | Comedy, Music | 5 min.

Taboo Tattoo
Manga | J.C.Staff | Action, Comedy, Martial Arts, Mystery, Super Power, Supernatural
PV | Additional Videos

July 6
Masou Gakuen HxH
Light Novel | Production IMS | Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem, Romance, School, Sci-Fi

Scared Rider Xechs
Visual Novel | Satelight | Adventure, Harem, Romance, Sci-Fi

Tsukiuta. The Animation
Music | Studio Pierrot | Music
PV | Additional Videos

July 7
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!
Sequel | Silver Link. | Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Slice of Life

Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls
Original | Bouncy | Magic

Ozmafia!!
Visual Novel | Creators in Pack | Fantasy, Harem, Historical, Romance, Shoujo | 5 min.

Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
Original | Actas | Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

July 8
Amanchu!
Manga | J.C.Staff | Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! LOVE!
Sequel | Studio Comet | Comedy, Magic, Slice of Life

Handa-kun
Manga | Diomedea | Comedy, Shounen, Slice of Life

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Manga | feel. | Comedy, Romance, School

July 9

July 10
Ange Vierge
Card Game | Silver Link. | Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, School

Qualidea Code
Original | A-1 Pictures | Action, Magic, Supernatural

July 11

July 12
Mob Psycho 100
Web Manga | Bones | Action, Comedy, Psychological, School, Shounen, Slice of Life, Supernatural

July 14
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen
Sequel | Lerche | Action, Horror, Mystery, Psychological

July 15
Battery
Novel | Zero-G | Drama, Slice of Life, Sports

August 28
Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi
Manga | A-1 Pictures | Action, Adventure, Ecchi, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural
| Additional Videos
tsubasaloverAug 9, 2016 1:40 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
Love Live starts my summer season
Jun 15, 2016 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious
YASS YASS COM'ERE MY BEAUTIFUL BISHOUNEN BABIES
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 15, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
My Summer season starts with Rewrite and Shokugeki no Souma 2... Not bad.

Hope this don't dissapoint. It looks great. And please, don't screw D. Gray Man Hallow ;_;
Jun 15, 2016 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
Best Season of the Year. I just know it.
Jun 15, 2016 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
HxH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LL Sunshine will be the end of me :'(
Jun 15, 2016 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Mob Psycho 100's PV looks great! Can't wait for it, the manga is fantastic.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Jun 15, 2016 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
Can't wait for summer! Too many nice titles coming out... wah.
Jun 15, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
a lot of fujoshit and Boring sol/comedy
anyway i will pick those 3 action :
Qualidea Code
Taboo Tattoo
Tales of Zestiria the X
Jun 15, 2016 3:34 PM

Jun 2015
There's so many shows that look interesting this season.
Amaama to Inazuma looks so entirely cute and it's probably going to be the best sol of the season.
Jun 15, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2012
Jatosan said:
Best Season of the Year. I just know it.

Not sure about that. Spring has so many good anime

Either spring season or summer is the best. However, some of the top anime in this season like JoJo and Re:Zero will still air on summer.
Jun 15, 2016 3:44 PM

May 2011
So many wonderful anime to watch
Around 12 anime *^* ~
I hope that Tales of Zesty will be like the game and more T_T
Jun 15, 2016 3:45 PM

Apr 2013

Your embeded PVs inside spoilers are completely displaced.
Basically what happened is that PV for July one are the pv for june again, so everything else if off by two spoiler tags.

loaded back the page and it's now correct, don't get it ~.
Weird bug.
Jun 15, 2016 3:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Looking forward to this season.
It looks pretty promising !

Too bad that i can't really watch the 2 danganronpa anime without knowledge of Danganronpa 2. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 15, 2016 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Heh
I'm just going to watch 91 days and Orange. Really disappointing that DGM is going to have just 13 episodes. Might give B-Project a try. The line-up's good no doubt,but doesn't appeal to me that much.
Jun 15, 2016 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
This season seems pretty weak but not too bad I guess, some exciting shows to look forward to.
Jun 15, 2016 4:12 PM

Jul 2015
Just a question before anything else, I don't need to watch Barakamon to see Handa-kun, right?

Like always, I will give a try to every anime that doesn't come from a sequel I haven't watched (Danganronpa, Love Live and Shokugeki being the ones I did) to make sure I don't miss anything I may like.

I was thinking of watching Berserk for this next season, but the art just looks so terrible, also people just keep saying that reading the manga is the right option, but I'm not ready for a long, unfinished story (same can be said for D.Gray-man).

I heard really good things about Orange and Rewrite and I'm curious to see if they will live to the hype, other than that and the sequels, the only thing that really hypes me is (don't kill me) Masou Gakuen HxH, the concept looks way more interesting than the other ecchi school action anime, I hope I get to enjoy it as much as I did with Rakudai Kishi 2 seasons ago.
Jun 15, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
Rewrite,Orange, and ReLIFE should keep me entertained.
Jun 15, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
My season starts with Berserk.
I'm scared, but I'll watch it.
Jun 15, 2016 4:48 PM

Dec 2015
Can't wait to see Shokugeki no Souma and Orange
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 15, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
Looks like it will be an alright season. Berserk, Foodwars, D.Grayman, Seven Deadly Sins and Mob Psycho all look fun. Too bad it's not a second season of SDS and D.Grayman's 13 ep count, hopefully we will see more of them in the future. I'm curious about Rewrite, Tales of Zestiria the X and Days because I'm not sure what to expect from them.
Jun 15, 2016 4:54 PM

Apr 2014
Paulo27 said:
This season seems pretty weak but not too bad I guess, some exciting shows to look forward to.
Looks far stronger than the bullshit we had last summer with Gangsta, Aoharu x Kikanjuu, Chaos Dragon and so many shitty series from last summer.
Jun 15, 2016 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
im riding the Mob Psycho hype train
Jun 15, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2013
This season is actually looking really promising.
Jun 15, 2016 5:10 PM

Dec 2014
J.C. Staff working on a short series? Odd......

Surprisingly, I may check out Momokuri first. Looks harmless enough.
Jun 15, 2016 5:15 PM

Jul 2015
Kimi no Na wa and Koe no Katachi are going to be the shit. Other than those there isn't anything terribly exciting in summer.
Jun 15, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
Season looks pretty strong.
:)
Jun 15, 2016 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
The weekends for Summer looks quite promising this year. Tales of Zestira, Rewrite, Food Wars S2 looks promising.
Jun 15, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
Too many shows I'm anticipating. As always, the Summer seasons are my favorite. Here's hoping that these will exceed my expectations.
Jun 15, 2016 6:21 PM
Aug 2015
HxH looks SO good cant wait
Jun 15, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2007
Most anticipated show is Masou Gakuen Hunter x Hunter. :3

Shows planning to skip: Love Live! Sunshine!!, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara, Orange, Amaama to Inazuma, D.Gray-man Hallow, Amanchu! and Handa-kun.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 15, 2016 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
So far only Mob Psycho and the new D Gray Man that interest me simply because i read both manga and already know what to expect.

Berserk looks ugly. Like, really ugly. The movie had healthy amount of CG but making the whole series full CG is just...ugh.

Amaama to Inazuma is promising, but i think it would work best as simply SoL series than cooking (which doesn't interest me)

Obligatory sequels : Shokugeki no Shouma, Arslan Senki (only 8 episodes? wtf), and Binan Koukou Chikyuu

Will be watching because of brand names : Rewrite (Romeo Tanaka!!), Orange (the live action is fabulous), Battery (it's from award-winning and bestselling novel after all)

Looking unpromising but hey, who knows? : Qualidea Code, Hatsukoi Monster, Kono Bijutsubu
Jun 15, 2016 10:22 PM

Aug 2015
Amanchuu is the real refreshment this season it's just that sea + diving + summer is just absolutely perfect to watch in this heat indulging season, the rest can just go pile up to my PTW but still considering Qualidea Code though for the legs :3
Jun 15, 2016 10:46 PM

Mar 2008
SO I'll actually follow some anime this season, namely:
- Amanchu
- Orange
- ReLIFE
- Rewrite (I have a feeling I'll be disappointed but I already expected that)
- 91 Days

If I ever manage to catch up with Love Live I'll also follow the new season. And if I have time (probably, uni isn't starting yet..), I'll also try out some other series that look interesting
Jun 15, 2016 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
This one is the best summer season and way better than previous summer season.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 15, 2016 11:12 PM

Jul 2014
Oh god, this is the most I've ever watched per season, there's something every day. And nothing looks drop-worthy at this point, either. I wonder if I can keep up. Hyped for:
- both Danganronpas (animated Komaeda + DR2 kids hnghh)
- DGM Hallow
- Shokugeki S2
- Handa-kun
Maybe it's because I've read the source material for all of them... (in DR's case I'm familiar with Zetsubou-hen's characters)
Jun 16, 2016 1:05 AM

Jul 2007
Will for sure watch:
- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Best Fate is back. Holy shit can't wait. 3rei is objectively the only relevant thing about nasuverse right now. IN.MY. VEINS.
- Mob Psycho 100 - I did not like OPM but from what I hear Mob Psycho is far better written and intriguing work that has more than just generic memes. And since its studio BONES, that means the animation will be creative and interesting. That PV is stylish as all hell.
- Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara - OH FUCK YEA. Emiya Shirou cooking simulator is back. Hopefully with more of best grills Erina and Alice and less of worst doormat Megumi.
- Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu - Watched the previous one so yea.
- Orange - Heard good things about this. A lot of good things. I hope the contrast and idea of trying to change your own future is executed well and with enough of tragic mess ups.
- Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan - the manga from what I've read some time ago was decent fun.
- D.Gray-man Hallow - I don't know HOW THE HELL will they cover 70 chapters in 12 episodes but its dgrayman and I am bound to watch it even if it is horrifyingly bad :[
- Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars - 2d Super Robots already makes this an insta-watch.
- 91 Days - Have decent hopes for this. Pls don't be another joker game, pls don't be another joker game, pls don't be another joker game.
- Hitori no Shita: The Outcast - A chinese manhwa adaptation being broadcast in japan. Fuck yes I will watch it. One more step towards breaking down the outdated anime stereotype.

Will try:
- ReLIFE - the concept seems interesting. However the idea of a grown adult man in highschooler's body interacting with teenagers and possibly having romantic relationships with teenager is....ughhhh grossss. Its still 27 year old man and nope nope nope nope.
- Rewrite - From the makers of grisaia adaptations! Possibly 13 episodes! Anime original route! Gotta experience the trainwreck and key fanbase salt. I guess if you rip off FSN plot elements, you end up getting its adaptation quality too :^)
- Tales of Zestiria the X - An adaptation by ufotable. Let alone VIDEO GAME adaptation by ufotable. Adapting THE worst tales game known to man. Knowing how Snore Eater and fsn went, this is bound to be hilarious...
- New Game! - Will try but...there's no way this will reach Shirobako level of quality and the PV looks comedycomedycomedy :[
- Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin - People tried to convince me that it is not a typical LN trash so will give it a go. But the episode count, the utterly cancerous generic art and this being madhouse(aka butcherers of LNs) absolutely does not fill me with confidence. Holy shit that art feels like I just rewatched Hundred or Infinite Stratos...ugghhhhhhh.
- Berserk - can i stand the horrible CGI and awful production staff of this? :[

nOPE:
- Taboo Tattoo- sounds like typical LN so no. And its JC Staff so its ultra NOPE.
- Qualidea Code - Another failed ln trash adaptation attempt just like Asterisk War. A1 pls.
AhenshihaelJun 16, 2016 1:08 AM
Jun 16, 2016 1:13 AM

Dec 2014
Waiting anxiously for Re:LIFe
Jun 16, 2016 1:46 AM
Jan 2015
most look trash lets see if i can watch more then 1 this season
Jun 16, 2016 3:58 AM

Apr 2011
To me, this appears as an exceedingly weak season and I have never watched so few shows per season. The overabundancy of 'school'-and 'slice of life'-themed series is considerably unpleasant. But alas, such is the common day's mind set to enjoy and I will no further comment on this. Instead, I will choose my meager schedule as such;

91 Days
Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu
Berserk
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen / Zetsubou-hen
Mob Psycho 100
Servamp

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jun 16, 2016 3:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Potentially the best season in years
Jun 16, 2016 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
Nothing really interesting except for Mob Psycho 100 and Orange. Might check out 91 days, Qualidea Code and Days, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Jun 16, 2016 5:13 AM

Apr 2014
No opinions about Fukigen na Mononokean? It looks like a neat little series judging from the PV and I have a sweet spot for Japanese folklore. I think it has potential to be something worthwhile.

Anyway, the ones I'm most exited are Amanchu! and Battery but there's plenty here to look forward to and I'll probably try a decent amount of shows, like I do every season.

Others that might be worth checking out:
-Berserk: The 3D in the movies didn't bother me in the movies so I shouldn't feel too bored with the art. Not having read the manga, I'm interested in knowing what happens after the GA arc.
-Orange: I'm reading the manga atm and it's pretty good. I'm sure the series won't disappoint.
-Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan: I heard good things about the manga, plus it's a short so it's perfect to watch of you don't have too much time on your hands
-Cheer Danshi!!: Unconventional themes always catch my attention; this time we have a story about 2 male cheerleaders in university which has lots of potential.
-Binan: I thought the first season had lots of funny moments and the cast was likable.
-Handa-kun: Hope it turns just as heartwarming as Barakamon.
-Danganronpa: Hmm, maybe! I'll probably just marathon it after it finishes airing.
-Mob Psycho 100: looks very stylish and that's already enough to grab my attention. Hope it delivers on the comedy aspect too.
-Nanatsu no Taizai: It's only 4 episodes but still, we get at least more Nanatsu no Taizai.
HaliconeJun 16, 2016 5:18 AM
Jun 16, 2016 6:10 AM

May 2012
I will watch these

Berserk- this is berserk, it can't be bad even if it has CGI
Arslan Senki - Wish if it was more than 8 episodes
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! - Fate series are all must watch. 3rei is even better than previous season from what I heard
Love Live! Sunshine!!
Rewrite - heard a lot of good things about this
Tales of Zestiria the X
D.Gray-man Hallow - I'll watch it even though I did not like Gray-man that much
Taboo Tattoo - Action, super power and has hot girls
Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars - same reason as Taboo Tattoo
Qualidea Code- same reason
Ange Vierge - same reason
Hitori no Shita: The Outcast
Masou Gakuen HxH, Echii + action, it is a Must watch
91 Days
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin - madhous anime
Active Raid 2 - I watched the 1st season and it was ok, so I will continue it
Mob Psycho 100 - heard good things about it, it is like one punch man
Danganronpa 3, I'll watch both parts
Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi
RS Keikaku: Rebirth Storage

Undecided

Days - Not big fan of sport anime, i'll watch few episodes before I decide to drop or not
ReLIFE
Orange
thepathJun 16, 2016 9:16 AM
Jun 16, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
And so it begins, gotta get my thinking hat on and start researching soon.
Jun 16, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2014
What happened to Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan TV Version?
Is it really 5 mins? If yes, the more reason to drop it.
And keep in mind that Fall Season was always the greatest season of every year.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 16, 2016 8:35 AM

Jul 2015
Isn't "Planetarian" and "The Magus bride" sceduled for release during summer too?
Jun 16, 2016 8:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
BlueBalls said:
Isn't "Planetarian" and "The Magus bride" sceduled for release during summer too?
Yeah but because they are not tv series its not in this thread.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 16, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2007
BlueBalls said:

Planetarian is a theatrical movie.
Magus Bride is a prequel OVA.
Jun 16, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Fai said:
BlueBalls said:

Planetarian is a theatrical movie.
Magus Bride is a prequel OVA.

Planetarian's movie will be the sequel to the ONA airing on July 7th. You got them mixed up.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

7 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.