Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 15, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyouka looks adorable in that maid outfit :3

Glad to see Ichiyou getting more attention this episode from the Port Mafia side. The storytelling gets more balanced as well and we get to see more characterization about her. Quite a thrilling episode imo. Even though she has no abilities, I think Ichiyou is still quite a lethal combatant.

Looks like some of the comedy is back as well. Funny stuff. Atsushi's at a wrong place at the wrong time D:
Kenji is also awesome.
Jun 15, 2016 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
The girl's getting welcomed, and is target of cosplaying. HiroC's character is most excited. She wants to stay in the agency to proof she can do more than killing.

The enemy wounded badly. Both the boss and his daughter? are creepy. The lady is in danger of staying the group, but still stays because she admires the enemy guy, who is unconscious now, enough that she went to rescue him.

Main guy and the boy with the hat investigating the accident which the car crashed to the building in such a height! The boy with the hat is popular among people, even the mafia looking guy, because of his smile. lol @ Saikyou Saiaku Combi because the boy with the hat is pure but strong power (but he sleeps when full), and the main guy believes in his optimistic saying.

Mamo's character already went back home, but is being lazy and decided to go back later. Final ep. for this season next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 15, 2016 11:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn the Port Mafia has a lot of messed up ideologies

All that stuff in the first half was kinda sad to see especially since it seems like the blonde girl probably loved Akutagawa, but thankfully she and the other guys were able to pull through in the end without dying

Second half was funny....That farm boy is literally Reverse Shizuo from DRRR LMFAO and that opening scene with everyone and the president fangirling over Kyouka's cuteness was HILARIOUS xD

EDIT: LMFAO at that Dazai scene
TokoyaJun 15, 2016 12:31 PM
Jun 15, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2015
The higuchi girl is so annoying, i was rooting for her death...

sadly it didn't happen, at least the episode was funny.
Jun 15, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2015
Even President CAN NOT resist Kyouka's charm, even after that long decision time. LOL
And I guess Kenji is the most "pure" person at heart in the Agency. At least until he lose his temper and doing the "family motto".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 15, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty intense stuff in the first half with the Port Mafia.

Idk why, but Kenji kind of reminded me of the Villager from Super Smash Bros. 4. Fucking shit up with a smile on his face. Lol at Dazai giving no fucks at the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 15, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Kyouka was so cute in that maid outfit.

Kenji is a funny guy!
Jun 15, 2016 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Great episode.
Bones adapted 2 chapters into 1 episode very well .
I like how this episode focused on higuchi and her relationship with akutagawa . This incident only strengthened their relationship . Man those feels , akutagawa showing the soft side and saying sorry and thanking higuchi . She wouldn't leave the mafia cause she's loyal to her senpai .
Kenji. This man . I loved how the second part focused on him and his peculiar way at solving cases lol and that strong ability only manifesting when he's hungry lol . He's really popular .
Also Maid kyouka looks adorable .
Black lizard made appearance again and a badass one (Dat OST) . they're good against ungifted people and organization, but when up against the agency they get destroyed lol
Lmao dazai giving no fucks at the end
Shishou_23Jun 15, 2016 11:37 AM
Jun 15, 2016 11:35 AM

Sep 2009
Aww Akutagawa-senpai noticed Higuchi at last.

Atsushi and Kenji can be the Armed Detective Agency's cinnamon roll team. Bless them and their innocence. Kenji's family motto is hilarious too. Should cows act up, hit them with whatever's close at hand :'D

Classic Dazai not giving a shit as usual haha.
Jun 15, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2015
Maid Kyouka *o* you can't do something cuter
The first part with Higuchi was interesting but a bit annoying, however I really appreciate the second part with Kenji
I didn't expect Dazai at the end lol
Jun 15, 2016 12:00 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
lezerman said:
The higuchi girl is so annoying, i was rooting for her death...

sadly it didn't happen, at least the episode was funny.

That sound you heard was me rooting along with you!!
Jun 15, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
Weakest episode in a while, mainly because the bit with Kenji was clearly meant to be funny but completely missed the mark for me.
Jun 15, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2015
Mhm... Guess the episode was fine. First half was decent, but I don't know about the second half. Guess it was fun, but once again, the comedy didn't do it for me. Weakest episode again compared to the previous, serious, ones.

Jun 15, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2016
Dazai at the end lol
Jun 15, 2016 12:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really good episode. The Port Mafia working together to get to Akutagawa, that was actually nice to see. Higuchi getting accepted by Akutagawa :)

Kenji is mad LOL

DAZAI LMAO
Jun 15, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
Well Kyouka acceptance and farm boy introduction finally... one episode to go...
Jun 15, 2016 12:58 PM
Aug 2015
The part with the President was pretty funny to watch, actually. I couldn't help but laugh when i saw the final zoom in on his face. It wasn't too funny when he randomly said yes and everyone seemed surprised. Rampo is and always will be funny XD
Seeing Higuchi's resolve to save her superior was pretty cool, actually. She just stormed in without thinking, Black Lizard probably admired her and followed after her.
Anyway, my opinion on Kenji is, that I like guys like him the most. Of course no one beats Dazai, but he comes close. Not as close as Rampo, but close. Really close.
Jun 15, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
fairly Meh episode. Far too many stills used in action sequences for my liking. The comedy still does nothing for me but the series has been very hit & miss.
Jun 15, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.
Kyouka was reallly cute in the maid outfit.
Laughed so hard when Ranpo ate the candy XD

Pretty cool seeing the Port Mafia unit rescue Akutagawa.
There was so much gunfire and muzzle flashes yet very little bullets shown. That felt off to me for some reason.

Second half was quite fun, Kenji is such a pure hearted soul XD What kind of primitive area did he come from?

Dazai at the end XDD
Jun 15, 2016 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
Kyouka your looking sweet..........
nice episode..................
Jun 15, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2014
Hillbilly bishounen is too OP ban him plz.

For a while I thought this would be a two-parter to kick off the end of the 1st half, but apparently not. I'll look forward to when that does occur, however.
Jun 15, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
I guess I'll have to split my post into two parts due to how the episode was presented.

First, an unsuitable profession for her

As the person in shadows describes it to Higuchi, Mafia is pretty much business with violence being the means to conduct them. Port Mafia is not some world-ending villain or alien threat. They are businessmen. The guys we have seen so far, including Akutagawa and Higuchi? They are cogs in the machine answering to higher powers who only care about profit.

The first half of the episode is all about humanizing those cogs and showcasing the humanity in them. Especially Akutagawa and Higuchi.

Ichyo Higuchi in real life was one of first important japanese female writers. She was born in a poor family with her father being pretty much a failure. She fell in love with classical japanese literature, yet her education proccess was awkward as it was quite uncommon for a "lowborn woman" to be studying, especially when most of her peers were from noble rich families. She was haunted by it constantly and only felt at peace when writing her diary(essentially talking to herself that way). She evnetually fell in love with her mentor, a love that he never returned to her, which led to her very frequently using unrequited love in her writings as a motif. After a lot of struggle she finaly got recognized as a writer and spent her last years of her life writing about problems and tragedies of japanese women. A lot of her works explore the "unimportant cogs in the machine" so to say.

Its not surprising that Higuchi in Bungou stray dogs is facing a similar dilemmas. She is someone who feels inferior in mafia and lacks respect from others. She can only be true to herself, being alone. In a way she is VERY similar to Akutagawa - looking for acknowledgement but being unable to appear vulnerable to anyone but herself . She joined mafia because of her admiration of Akutagawa so its no surprise she would put her life on the line to save her.

In a way I guess that is what impressed Black Lizard group in the first place - as Ryuro said they had no reason to respect her as superior. And they got that reason by seeing her suicidal dedication to her comrade. Not to mention that Hirotsu Ryuro's real life stories had that style of romantic tragedy, so the character most likely is a sucker for stuff like that.

Hell, the story we see being told in this first part, the story of Higuchi and Akutagawa? That might as well been written by real Higuchi since it has all of those elements - unrequited love, struggle with inferiority, being a woman who suffers, the struggle of the underdog to rise above. Its all there. Higuchi put all of herself into saving her mentor and in turn, not only the two found acknowledgement in each other, but she was also able to get her "break" in the mafia world - gaining acknowledgement and possibly respect of the other underdogs like her - the black lizard group.

Second an Ecstatic Detective Agency

Oh Miyazawa Kenji. The Japanese writer and Buddhist famous for his admiration of countryside and simplicity of life, as well as his children's stories. Even though he grew up in a rich family, his writing was strongly focused on the common folk. Its only fitting that someone like that would be depicted as a character embodying naivety and simplicity of living in the countryside.

Kenji of Bungou Stray Dogs is naive, simple countryside boy, who also carries the wisdom and strength of a sohei(budhist warrior monks). He wields a considerable power, but chose the peaceful approach, believing sincerity and innocence to be stronger than fist. He is the type of character who does not display anger or vengeance, but is still willing to use his power to right a wrong or punish the wicked.

Overall its interesting how this episode, in its two parts essentially characterizes characters on both sides of the current conflict.It makes sense since we know already that a third group is about to enter the fray and it is a great build up for the finale
Jun 15, 2016 1:57 PM
Jun 15, 2016 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
So Kenji is obviously the secret love child of Shizuo (Durarara) and Finny (Black Butler).
Jun 15, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
Meh. I just want the action to pick up. BSD is not living up to its hype.

Or maybe I'm just annoyed bc I couldn't care less about Higuchi.
Jun 15, 2016 2:23 PM

Sep 2015
It's funny how the Mafia treats its people better than the Agency does. The Agency wouldn't save Atsushi because of some contrived, reputation based reasoning. The mafia decided to help out a comrade just for the sake of it despite possible consequences.

WHY ARE THE MAFIA BETTER PEOPLE THAN THE "GOOD GUYS"????

Still, at least Kenji and Atsushi are great together haha (also, more dazai needed!)
Jun 15, 2016 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
I liked the focus on Kenji this week, his naivety is very cute.
It's also nice to see some more of the dimensions of Higuchi as well.
Jun 15, 2016 2:59 PM

Jul 2007
Angry_Always said:
It's funny how the Mafia treats its people better than the Agency does. The Agency wouldn't save Atsushi because of some contrived, reputation based reasoning. The mafia decided to help out a comrade just for the sake of it despite possible consequences.

To be honest that's just Ranpo (who is antisocial weirdo who would most likely sell his mother for a lollipop) and Kunikida(who WANTED to save him but was still not over what happened to his protege and could not leave his comfort zone of following orders).

Tanizaki and his sister both were up to help Atsushi, as was their boss.
Jun 15, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2008
Hope we get to see more of Kyouka, preferably still wearing the maid outfit. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Could tell Kenji had some kind of superhuman strength from the episode previous last episode but the activation requirements is pretty terrible.
Jun 15, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2015
Fai said:
Angry_Always said:

To be honest that's just Ranpo (who is antisocial weirdo who would most likely sell his mother for a lollipop) and Kunikida(who WANTED to save him but was still not over what happened to his protege and could not leave his comfort zone of following orders).

Tanizaki and his sister both were up to help Atsushi, as was their boss.

I see what you mean. The thing bothering me is how the gangsters all did it out of their own decision, whilst the agency had to be ordered to by their leader :/
They may be the mafia but they have each other's backs...

Well to be fair we didn't see purple hair nurse or Kenji in that scene so maybe they would have wanted to help him? Idk in that scene Kunikida didn't really seem to want to save him that much, even protesting when the leader ordered them to...

I'd also say that Tanizuku immediately gave up and agreed not to save Atsushi. I will say the girl really shone in that scene by being the one to step up and save him, really like her!

Also, unrelated. But R.I.P Pyrrha Nikos, the character I personally liked the most :(
Jun 15, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty good episode and I didn't know about Kenji, thanks, it's interesting, I guess the author REALLY knows a lot about litterature.

Angry_Always said:

Still, at least Kenji and Atsushi are great together haha (also, more dazai needed!)

Did we see the same episode? HIGUCHI saved Aku, the mafia was really to let him die for political reasons, basically he was saved by the power of friendship just like Atsushi was saved by the power of friendshipof everyone except for Rampo (who just doesn't care about the whole world Sherlock-style) or Kuni (who cares but traps himself into a paradoxal/impossible ideal)
Without Higuchi Aku would be dead and that's it, what saved him isn't the mafia, which would let him die without a second thought, but loyalty between the "common people"; the ones that are not at the top of the chain of command. The interesting part is the difference of morality between the "chain of command" in the mafia and in the DA.
Needless to say, 3/4 of the mafia or even more was still ok with Aku dying. Without Higuchi, who probably loves Aku, stepping in, who know if anyone would have done something.

Which is a good thing anyway because it makes the characters less "full black/full white".
How is not showing a side as complete monsters a funny thing? That's how it works in real life as well, even """bad people""" have people they care about and their own set of rules, they don't kick every single kitten they can see just because they are the "bad guys", it doesn't say anything about their "moral alignment" though, since it's pretty obvious that the world isn't completely black or white (Dazai is a shining example of this since a pretty long time in the show). But the Mafia isn't any better than the DA here, if anything in the DA even the president wanted to save Atsushi. In the Mafia....... Not so much.

Well to be fair we didn't see purple hair nurse or Kenji in that scene so maybe they would have wanted to help him? Idk in that scene Kunikida didn't really seem to want to save him that much, even protesting when the leader ordered them to...

Kunikuda lives BY THE RULES. Basically, try to see him as an extremely weird mix between idealism and pragmatism. if saving someone means that someone MAY die, he will not do it, even if he wants to, because the risks are higher than the reward ; you have a chance to end up with 2 people dead compared to only one if you do nothing.
That's also the whole idea with Dazai/Kunikida; Kunikida WANTS to save everyone but in the same time he wants to do so by always following the rules/"his ideals". which sometimes isn't possible. He wanted to save Atsushi, just like he wanted Atsushi to save Kyouka (just look at his smile in the last episodes) but he either doesn't want to break his rules or is affraid to do it somehow because he thinks it's not a rational thing to do.
Yes, he objected to it; but that doesn't mean that he didn't want to. Which is why it's a "bad thing" because in his current way of thinking, a part of him will be broken in any case. Dazai trolling him about this isn't random.
willardhwrightJun 15, 2016 3:35 PM
Jun 15, 2016 3:34 PM

Sep 2015
willardhwright said:
Pretty good episode and I didn't know about Kenji, thanks, it's interesting, I guess the author REALLY knows a lot about litterature.

Angry_Always said:

Did we see the same episode? HIGUCHI saved Aku, the mafia was really to let him die for political reasons, basically he was saved by the power of friendship just like Atsushi was saved by the power of friendshipof everyone except for Rampo (who just doesn't care about the whole world Sherlock-style) or Kuni (who cares but traps himself into a paradoxal/impossible ideal)
Without Higuchi Aku would be dead and that's it, what saved him isn't the mafia, which would let him die without a second thought, but loyalty between the "common people"; the ones that are not at the top of the chain of command. The interesting part is the difference of morality between the "chain of command" in the mafia and in the DA.
Needless to say, 3/4 of the mafia or even more was still ok with Aku dying. Without Higuchi, who probably loves Aku, stepping in, who know if anyone would have done something.

Which is a good thing anyway because it makes the characters less "full black/full white".
How is not showing a side as complete monsters a funny thing? That's how it works in real life as well, even """bad people""" have people they care about and their own set of rules, they don't kick every single kitten they can see just because they are the "bad guys", it doesn't say anything about their "moral alignment" though, since it's pretty obvious that the world isn't completely black or white (Dazai is a shining example of this since a pretty long time in the show). But the Mafia isn't any better than the DA here, if anything in the DA even the president wanted to save Atsushi. In the Mafia....... Not so much.

The agency were FORCED to save Atsushi. Tanizaki was worried but didn't say anything to try and convince anyone, Ranpo as you said couldn't give a shit and Kunikida was 'trapped' a.k.a made up some bullshit reasoning involving the reputation of the agency. These are meant to be our heroes.

The gangsters had NO obligation to help save Akugatawa, none at all. They did it to help a comrade. And I'm not saying all the mafia are good, quite the contrary, but these in particular have a far superior sense of camaraderie.

It'd be absolutely fine for gangsters to let a comrade die but they decided not to. The Agency, on the other hand, were on the whole fine with letting Atsushi die alone. With Akutagawa's and Atsushi's situation here so similar how can you not see the difference?

The Agency are meant to be helping people, only the leader and the girl wanted to help him.

I think it's GOOD the mafia have multiple layers. What I'm saying is I dislike how on the other side of things how shallow some of the agency are. The 'dastardly gangsters' went out of their way to save a life, the 'heroic agency' didn't give a shit.
Jun 15, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2015
Another great episode! The first part of the episode showed some insight into Higuchi, which was nice. I like that the members of Port Mafia get to be characterized too! It seemed Higuchi really cared about her senpai, and I'm glad she was able to succeed and have the support of her subordinates. The second half was fun in showing the kind of person Kenji is. It's fun that he likes cows so much. And his way of solving cases is really fun!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jun 15, 2016 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
Kyouka looked cute in that maid outfit. Look like everyone is taking a liking to her.
Higuchi managing to rescue Akutagawa with the help of Black Lizard.
Don't mess with Kenji. That is some super human strength he's got there.
Final ep next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 15, 2016 3:58 PM

Mar 2011
Angry_Always said:
willardhwright said:

The agency were FORCED to save Atsushi. Tanizaki was worried but didn't say anything to try and convince anyone, Ranpo as you said couldn't give a shit and Kunikida was 'trapped' a.k.a made up some bullshit reasoning involving the reputation of the agency. These are meant to be our heroes.

The gangsters had NO obligation to help save Akugatawa, none at all. They did it to help a comrade. And I'm not saying all the mafia are good, quite the contrary, but these in particular have a far superior sense of camaraderie.

It'd be absolutely fine for gangsters to let a comrade die but they decided not to. The Agency, on the other hand, were on the whole fine with letting Atsushi die alone. With Akutagawa's and Atsushi's situation here so similar how can you not see the difference?

The Agency are meant to be helping people, only the leader and the girl wanted to help him.

I think it's GOOD the mafia have multiple layers. What I'm saying is I dislike how on the other side of things how shallow some of the agency are. The 'dastardly gangsters' went out of their way to save a life, the 'heroic agency' didn't give a shit.

In Kuni's case, it isn't "some bullshit", it's the very way he view the world. Try to see it like Kiritsugu in fate/zero. If someone die tring to save Atsushi, then not only it's one more death but it's also one less people in the agency, which could cause even more death (even civilian ones) later. While it is debatable as a PoV, it isn't "right" or "wrong"; the idea of a necessary sacrifice in the long run exists. The question is whether this sacrifice is really "necessary" or not. But that's the very idea; Kunikida isn't "bad" or anything close in ANY way, but even the running gags about him are about how narrow-minded he is. There's no doubt that for him it was the best thing to do and he didn't like it either (hell, look at how he reacted when dazai killed the girl, Kuni wants to avoid people dying, period). nobody is saying that he is a genius. He does have his flaws, which is the point, humans are not perfect. But there's a difference between being wrong and not caring about a friend of you dying. Extremely Narrow-minded, yes. Just like port mafia where only Higuchi and one unit was interested in saving Aku. But that's it; it's not a matter of "good guys" or "bad guys", Kunikida just isn't able to live otherwise, without a "set of rules" for him to follow. The duty and the rules comes first, the feelings come afterward, but he definitely wanted to save him, that' obvious enough. And it even happen IRL; sometimes as a way to avoid responsabilities or because of a lack of self-confidence.

Rampo and Kuni were the only ones against saving Atsushi and the only one who needed to be "forced" to do it. The only difference is that they DIDN'T have to be forced to do it in the DA since the president cares more about his men than the mafia who are just businessmen. It's hard to say that they were forced to do it when their superior was ok with them to begin with. The only person that is "really questionnable" is Ramp but that's because for him he could just as well live surrounded by vegetables or dools, except for the president, and it would be the same. Kuni wanted to but didn't have the "balls" to go against the system, and the others wanted to anyway.

The gangsters did it because of Higuchi, who probably loves Aku. Who knows if black lizard would have done anything without her. Maybe, since "he respected his power", but maybe not, since he's not in a state where he can use it anyway. The main person concerned with this was Higuchi; the others tried to tell her not to go at the beginning too, rather than saying her that they'll go too. Sure, they did in the end, but only after someone else made the first step because of her personal feelings. Which isn't that different from the DA.
And once again that's the point, just because you are [x], it doesn't mean that you don't have any principles.

And the thing is, from the people we saw on the agency only Rampo was COMPLETELY "against" it (more like he didn't see the point of doing it). And that's it. and it's sure that you have less time to shine doing the rebel "against the laws" when "the laws" are on your side. It's more impressive when you see it from the Mafia because they really had to go against their orders (or rather their absence of orders). When it comes to the agency, it's a problem that didn't exist so of course it feels less impressive in a "rebellion againt the orders" PoV

Also I agree with others that this episode is a bit "less impressive" than the others, but it's definitely not bad and we cannot have a climax in every single ep. (the last shows that tried this ALSO were bashed anyway, so....). It's still good, not AS good as the last eps but what goes up must come down.
willardhwrightJun 15, 2016 4:03 PM
Jun 15, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2015
I love how is this anime can jump from seriousness to comedic relief and make it flow so well
Jun 15, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2014
Woah that superhuman strength lol

Hi there
Jun 15, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
"If the cow acts up, hit it with anything on hand"
Looks like we just found our successor to Shizuo. Violence with a smile, and he's even got a theme for it!
He's seriously the worst example that Atsushi could follow, considering that ability is pretty damn unique.
Dazai at the end there... such a lazy bum.

And yes, Kyouka even managed to reel in the Agency Prez. It was wonderful to watch. Now I wonder what her sleeping arrangements with Atsushi are like XD

L-RyoshiJun 15, 2016 5:58 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 15, 2016 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
I hope they finish a few stories before the end of the season as it has a lot of loose ends at the moment.
Jun 15, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2016
It's just, uh, do the rest of the DA crew even still remember that Dazai exists? :/
No seriously.
Jun 15, 2016 7:22 PM
Apr 2015
i was hoping for something heavy but that was unexpectedly light for a second to the last episode.

Kyouka's cute in the beginning, Kenji reminds me of a country version of Shizuo, and lol at Dazai slacking off at the end XD
Jun 15, 2016 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
This was quite a enjoyable episode. The comedy hit me. Considering there's a second season coming, it didn't bother it was this light-hearted this time around.
Jun 15, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2009
Kyouka in a maid dress made the episode. Also really enjoyed the first half focusing on the Port Mafia, but the second half felt kinda odd coming in one episode before the end of the first season, but I guess I'm just going to blame that on the whole split cour nonsense anime studios have been doing that completely kill the pacing of series.
Jun 15, 2016 11:47 PM
Mar 2016
i agree this episode was pretty weak. but kenji made up for it in my opinion he's so adorable!
Jun 16, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
At first glance, I was expecting something explosive, but detonating which has very little if not the comedy and the character of Hyouka. Narrative has the clear signs of the transition episode, the first part that makes me smile, I do not think that in such a context, people show so much camaraderie, as these things in my country I see them every day at TG. Second part perhaps better than the first. Drawings and animations, very good. I shudder when I think about the next episode: What will we see, to close the season?
Jun 16, 2016 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
dammit bruh Kenji is such a happy go lucky guy
Jun 16, 2016 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
HAHAHA.

LOL episode.
Jun 16, 2016 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Heiwajima Shizuo rip-off.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 16, 2016 7:19 AM

Mar 2014
Shizuo 2.0 incoming

Not that I mind
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 16, 2016 8:20 AM

Feb 2016
It'll suck if they success in getting rid of akutagawa because he's been a fine antagonist so far. The black lizard is back - even though they do lack impact since they were literally destroyed by the agency in the past. the ending part was amusing when they were ganging up on the yakuza.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

203 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 11:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.