Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 12, 2016 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
That was such a nice ending for the Dressrosa arc, even if it's not quite over. Everything which happened here felt so important for the future.

I think everyone knew Luffy doesn't want to become the "Big Boss" of 5600 people, but how Bartolomeo and co. handled it was perfect :D
Zorro drunk the whole sake bowl, Luffys reaction that he don't know why it's empty was priceless xD

And I absolutely loved the 2 Fujitora moments. The last present of him to Luffy while dumping the enemy pirates was nice. So funny when he was thanking Luffy and got caught by Sengoku hahaha.
Best marine admiral of all time for sure!!!!!

And then the Dressrosa recap with the nice OST, I loved it. So much funny and also sad moments, that got me a lot of feelings. That what made One Piece so good :)

Can't wait to see the reaction of Sanji, Nami, Chopper and Brook when they hear about the alliance haha.

Next episode will be interesting with the things Doofy has to say and of course pls give them new bountys :P

Jun 12, 2016 10:31 PM

Jul 2014
Luffy is like Whitebeard now.
Jun 13, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2007
MahadoKusanagi said:
What's this talk about "Mugiwara Grand Fleet"? He didnt accept it. He has nothing and noone under his command except maybe his own crew.

But this Arc..............yeah a very long run but in the end it was still a good one. But all in all, there is just one that takes the whole cake from this Arc: Fujitora.
What Oda did with Fujitora representing Zatoichi, that was just too great.

It is pretty obvious that despite his claim of not wanting to be part of the grand fleet, this is obviously what oda is trying to convey in the series. Besides the narration by ODA "The straw hat grand fleet has been formed" is pretty self explanatory.

its quite evident that this is going to end up being a major development for luffy and crew and this is probably something that oda wanted to showcase with in due time. Luffy and his grand fleet (just like whitebeard before him) take on the world government in some epic scale war.

Jun 13, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
So it's come down to not being a leadership of luffy but rather a joining of forces on everyone's own volition.
Jun 13, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2015
good way to end the arc. almost got emotional haha
it feels like im going to a new adenture myself! :D
Jun 13, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 2015
AForgottenSoul said:

thebrentinator24 said:
If I had to select any OP arc as my least favorite, I'd definitely go with this one, but I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty cool to see that recap of the arc. Now it officially ends next week, and then we'll go into some much-needed filler.

its the worst arc due to pace but if it was normal it would be one of my faves

That's why you gotta read the manga instead. This was a fantastic arc, but the pace of the anime absolutely killed it.

That being said, I'm glad it's over after what, 2+ years? And then after this short bout of filler we move on into greater waters...
Jun 13, 2016 10:10 AM
Apr 2016
huddycleve said:
AForgottenSoul said:

its the worst arc due to pace but if it was normal it would be one of my faves

That's why you gotta read the manga instead. This was a fantastic arc, but the pace of the anime absolutely killed it.

Not for me. The pacing was terrible, no doubt, but many of the things the anime stretched, the manga did as well. Not as much as the anime, but nonetheless. It's just that you can read manga, manhwa, and comic books more quickly than what you have to sit through and watch.

There are other reasons why I disliked the arc very much, along with the past two, but many of which have been said many times already, and I really do not want to get into any heated arguments just for expressing my view towards it.
Jun 13, 2016 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
Beth_Masey said:
huddycleve said:

Not for me. The pacing was terrible, no doubt, but many of the things the anime stretched, the manga did as well. Not as much as the anime, but nonetheless. It's just that you can read manga, manhwa, and comic books more quickly than what you have to sit through and watch.

There are other reasons why I disliked the arc very much, along with the past two, but many of which have been said many times already, and I really do not want to get into any heated arguments just for expressing my view towards it.

Which things in particular? Whenever I re-read the arc once it was done, and I was able to read it at any pace, it felt much better. I think some of it just felt padded because so much was going on at once.

It's definitely not the best arc in OP (I think that definitely still goes to Water 7/Enies Lobby), but it's up there for me. Doflamingo has definitely been my favorite villain so far, and the new cast of characters/abilities introduced have all been great.
Jun 13, 2016 11:43 AM
Mar 2015
OH LORD, IT'S FINALLY OVER. THE ARC IS FINISHED. Now we're probably going to see a lot of fillers ._.

I love Fujitora *^* Especially the moment when he was having a monologue about Luffy and Sengoku appears: "I heard everything." xD

Jun 13, 2016 11:43 AM
Mar 2015
OH LORD, IT'S FINALLY OVER. THE ARC IS FINISHED. Now we're probably going to see a lot of fillers ._.

I love Fujitora *^* Especially the moment when he was having a monologue about Luffy and Sengoku appears: "I heard everything." xD

Jun 14, 2016 5:35 PM
Apr 2016
huddycleve said:
Beth_Masey said:

Which things in particular? Whenever I re-read the arc once it was done, and I was able to read it at any pace, it felt much better. I think some of it just felt padded because so much was going on at once.

It's definitely not the best arc in OP (I think that definitely still goes to Water 7/Enies Lobby), but it's up there for me. Doflamingo has definitely been my favorite villain so far, and the new cast of characters/abilities introduced have all been great.

Which things that the manga stretched as well, or which things that I didn't like about the arc as well? I could tell you if you are THAT curious, but I'd rather do it by PM, to be honest.

To be honest, I thought Doflamingo was mostly fine, although a little disappointing. Idk. I would say more as to why I probably felt that way, but only by PM. lol I'll say the best thing about it right in the open, though. Fujitora. I have now became his fangal when it comes to One Piece. :P
Jun 14, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
Fujitora just dug his own grave by letting Mugiwara and the pirate fleet escape. Bet Akainu will punish him when they meet, even though Sengoku is backing him up now. Well better be prepared, Fujitora-ojisan 〜( ̄△ ̄〜)
Jun 14, 2016 6:35 PM
Apr 2016
Shin-rei said:
Fujitora just dug his own grave by letting Mugiwara and the pirate fleet escape. Bet Akainu will punish him when they meet, even though Sengoku is backing him up now. Well better be prepared, Fujitora-ojisan 〜( ̄△ ̄〜)

Akainu better f#$%ing not do jack towards my dear Fujitora-san!
Jun 14, 2016 6:53 PM
Mar 2015
Beth_Masey said:
huddycleve said:

Which things that the manga stretched as well, or which things that I didn't like about the arc as well? I could tell you if you are THAT curious, but I'd rather do it by PM, to be honest.

To be honest, I thought Doflamingo was mostly fine, although a little disappointing. Idk. I would say more as to why I probably felt that way, but only by PM. lol I'll say the best thing about it right in the open, though. Fujitora. I have now became his fangal when it comes to One Piece. :P

Sure, shoot a PM, I'd love to discuss.

Fujitora is pretty great. Definitely my favorite Admiral now, past or present (though still gotta see Green Bull I suppose).
Jun 14, 2016 8:03 PM

Nov 2015
Dressrosa is over! Nice ending.. Next arc is a filler and it will start with episode 747

Jun 15, 2016 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
huddycleve said:
Beth_Masey said:

Sure, shoot a PM, I'd love to discuss.

Fujitora is pretty great. Definitely my favorite Admiral now, past or present (though still gotta see Green Bull I suppose).

The PM has been shot. :)
Jun 15, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2013
An arc that should have been about 50 ep ends at nearly 120 ep, the recap montage was nice thou.
Here's a kanpai hoping for better padding in the future.

Jun 25, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2010
I guess its still kinda his forced crew xD Still good even though we had that flashback.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 7, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
So with the next episode being the last of the Dressrosa arc we'er at 117 episodes for one arc... I'm not sure if I should watch the next arc weekly as well, this'll probably get a monster like this again :/
Jul 8, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Good luck with your fleet Luffy, it being forced aswell :D

Conclusion and looking back on the Dressrosa arc as a whole was alright, we deserved it after 100+ episodes.
PrOxAntoJul 8, 2016 9:25 AM
Jul 10, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2014
I knew Fujitora were a great guy. LOL, he really saved their butt there. Hahah, you can't expect Luffy to lead a team. It's not in his nature. Hahah, he had a great reaction. Just as I thought noone from Dressrosa will join their crew, but become their allies to a bigger war that will occur (just like they mentioned). I am satisfied that noone joined because it wouldn't suit the crew.

Jul 11, 2016 4:09 PM

Dec 2007
Dressrosa, as of now, is a SIXTH OF THE ENTIRE SERIES.

I am so glad it is over.
Jul 11, 2016 9:16 PM
Jul 2016
Unfortunately I didn't catch up with the current episode of the anime or the manga. The chapter that I stopped at is when Sanji has the "only alive" bounty. I'm really missing out huh?
Jul 16, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2015
Finally Dressrosa arc is over.
Jul 22, 2016 7:23 AM
Dec 2014
Pacing ruined this arc and I didn't even read the manga.
Aug 24, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. The recap made us remember we have been through so much like those characters. Not best but overall good Arc
Aug 25, 2016 3:17 PM

Mar 2015
I hate it when the narrator's like "oh these guys are gonna change the world. but they and you don't know it yet" like fuk off don't tell us if you weren't gonna
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 26, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2012
nice end of arc , party as always man luffy now boss of 3500 pirates

Nov 5, 2016 7:45 AM

Sep 2010
Too bad Brook wasn't there for the party to sing Bink's Sake!
Mar 11, 2017 11:49 AM

Mar 2012
Good thing they forced him to be their boss. Forgot how terrible Luffy was at making important decisions like that. Definitely needed a fleet.
Mar 22, 2017 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
Gator said:
So with the next episode being the last of the Dressrosa arc we'er at 117 episodes for one arc... I'm not sure if I should watch the next arc weekly as well, this'll probably get a monster like this again :/
Ah I can imagine watching weekly the Belamy part must have been frustrating

Awesome episode, was thinking Rooster-kun would join Luffy crew but the decision over getting a fleet was a much better thing!
Also hope Luffy-wan's bounty rises over one million after all this!

I started this show on July 1st 2016, somewhere in December got to 690 and since then (4 months due to being busy haven't watched any) I have finally had time to catch up in 3 days up to 745. To be honest I don't know how I'll feel once I catch up, don't want to catch up. But I'm sure it will be fun..
And still have all of the movies to watch.
May 19, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2014
I was grinning like an idiot this entire episode.
Luffy basically tells them to do whatever the hell they want, and they still decide to follow him because they genuinely like & respect him, rather than the typical "oh we have a mutual goal so let's team up" or "you're terrifying so I have no choice but to keep you sweet" kind of alliances we often see.

That ending bit got me though!
What is the incident?
WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO?!?! *O*

Next episode seems to be wrapping Dressrosa up, and I'm really gonna miss it, although I'm definitely in the minority there.
Tbh Dressrosa is my favorite arc in the whole series aside from Marineford/Post-war. So many people complained about the pacing but it never bothered me (aside from some of the coliseum battles and the Tontattas being annoying)...maybe because I marathoned the arc?
There was just so much good stuff going on imo:

*Law and Doffy's pasts
*Rosinante in general
*Fujitora's introduction
*Sabo's reintroduction
*Usopp awakening his Haki
*Senor Pink's surprisingly tragic backstory
*Doffy vs. Luffy & Law (my favorite fight and villain by far)
*Luffy using Gear 4th
*A really vibrant supporting cast
*The Straw Hats getting a Grand Fleet

I just can't get my head around how much of a bad rep the arc has, but to each their own, I guess!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2017 1:57 AM

May 2010
Finally the Dress Rosa arc has ended.. it felt so long and draining but it was a wheck of a ride!
May 1, 2019 10:44 AM
Feb 2019
Wow this episode and arc was great! Luffy is becoming alot like whitebeard was. Hopefully luffy goes around the new world in a massivw fleet. That would be so cool and they would be able to rack up some serious attention.
Dec 17, 2019 2:37 PM
Apr 2018
Although it was a gigantic and huge arc, I enjoyed it from beginning to end, I really don't understand the elitist and odious manga readers that didn't stop crying with the "slow pace" or the supposed "bad animation" in this arc, I really don't see much difference between this and the first seasons that were also slow too, is a direct adaptation of a longrunner manga that in itself is slow, what did you expect?, and although I know that anime lengthened things unnecessarily, I cannot say that it was a bad experience, since it was one of the thickest, most important arcs and where more things happen relevant on the way to the end of the series.
7.8/10 for this arc.
Jan 9, 2020 11:54 PM
Aug 2017
Dam, that prolly took a year or 2 to finish this whole arc? This was a great arc nonetheless but slow pacing imo eventhough im binge watching, but alot of stuff happened in this arc.

I just realized the reference with luffy’s King Kong Gun
Kaido king of the monsters? So like Godzilla vs King Kong???
Lmfao kind of a stretch but funny
Apr 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2016
Luffy refusing to become the big boss or the ‘oyabun’ to these followers reminded me of Luffy’s hero speech. He doesn’t want to be someone important like a hero who shares his meat, or a boss who commands a fleet of thousands. In Bartolomeo’s words, it’s because Luffy wants to be free, that is what the king of pirates means to him after all. It goes so far that his definition of “the king of pirates” is not synonymous with “important person”. Instead, Luffy wants the kind of relationship he shares with all of his allies. That of the Kingdom of Alabasta or that of the Fishman royalty. The people that will presumably all come together to fight for him in the final arc of the series!! In a sense, I suppose he doesn’t want to worry about them, controlling a fleet is the last thing Luffy is interested in. Regardless, they all became Luffy’s 'sons' against his will and will risk their lives for their ‘father’. And funny enough, their relationship really hasn’t changed. They initially joined Luffy’s side to fight Doffy and all Luffy wanted was them to leave him alone!!!

Outside of that, we got a big ol' celebration. Fujitora said his goodbyes; thankful that Luffy solved the horrors the world government created. They are such a cute duo. Meanwhile, despite thinking he was alone, Sengoku heard his words! With how aware Fujitora is of his surroundings, for Sengoku to sneak up on him may be a huge compliment to Sengoku. Bellamy and Law were seen smiling which made me smile too, Zoro and Wicca gave some final words, as did Fraland and the Tontatta, Zoro got all snuggly with the uncomfortable Law; probably making him feel even more at home with these weirdos. Rebecca and Kyros held hands without any gloves blocking the way, and we got a montage of the arc. I would normally be opposed to such a montage but after such a painstakingly long and slow arc, it serves a good function to summarize everything back to back. Finally, the narrator let us know that the Straw Hat fleet will be responsible for creating a major incident to go down in history. Which gave me chills because Oda knows how to properly send ripples through a world.

Loosely related to the plot events going on, I would love if Kaido and Luffy could become friends. I don’t know if this is possible with Kaido posed as an end game villain. But, Luffy makes friends easily; even Blackbeard back in Jaya, and if he’s strong enough to kill Kaido, the thing Kaido wants most, then maybe an odd and hilarious friendship could bloom.
Sep 11, 2020 5:02 AM

Mar 2020
And now, a Grand Fleet has been formed. Damn, Luffy is getting stronger and stronger. It's getting more and more interesting. The world is expanding! Feels really great when you realize it was just a small guy alone when he started out.

That ending though, the entire Dressrosa Arc montage with Hard Knock Days was full of feels and enough to remind me of the great time I spent (even though the pacing was slow xd).

The foreshadowing makes the hype so much more intense dudeeee, I cant stay at one place with this much hype!
Sep 13, 2020 9:27 PM

May 2013
lol nothing gets past Sengoku xP
Apr 10, 2021 10:03 PM

Nov 2016
I love their loyalty to Luffy especially when he didn't want this whole fleet thing to happen it somehow just happened (that was funny and adorable). One of the best one piece episodes out there. When Bartolomeo says he wants freedom, not importance I totally agree. Luffy is such an inspirational character/ <3 I also love the name "The Straw Hat Fleet"
"No matter how hard things get, only use your strength to protect" - Mitsuya Takashi
May 27, 2021 2:13 AM

Apr 2021
such a nice end to this long arc AAAAAA
he s got himself a fleet now too T^T
as the previous user have said, the world feels like it's expanding IM GLAD
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 20, 2021 8:00 AM

May 2016
The official formation of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet's got me really excited about things to come, damn! The post arc celebrations are as fun as always too~

There's no doubt that Fujitora had the most badass farewell gift prepared for Luffy even though it was completely improvised. He might not have caught the Straw Hats but at least he wrecked around 30 pirate ships affiliated with Doflamingo.

Jun 20, 2021 8:01 AM

May 2016
The official formation of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet's got me really excited about things to come, damn! The post arc celebrations are as fun as always too~

There's no doubt that Fujitora had the most badass farewell gift prepared for Luffy even though it was completely improvised. He might not have caught the Straw Hats but at least he wrecked around 30 pirate ships affiliated with Doflamingo.

Aug 15, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
Luffy got some new followers. Straw Hat Fleet. So cool.
Aug 29, 2021 2:20 AM

Aug 2021
Loved this ep as well as arc

Mugiwara's fleet :D
Sep 4, 2021 10:05 AM
May 2012
Luffy's reaction to the whole Mugiwara Grand Fleet thing was great. He didn't drink the cup but somehow empty aha.
Nov 28, 2021 5:10 AM
Jan 2021
The first time that Fujitora appeared in this arc, I already knew, I'm going to like this guy. Guess what? I wasn't wrong. He's one of my favorite characters now. I'm looking forward to seeing him more.

Also, it was great that Luffy gained new strong followers. Yeah right that's our future King of the Pirates!
May 7, 2022 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
"I just want to become the King of the Pirates. I don't want to become somebody important!"

It's not a proper farewell without an all out pirate banquet. With the dust (& rubble, courtesy of Fujitora) finally settled, I would say that Dressrosa has shaped up to be one of my favorite arcs. Definitely in the top 5, if not 3. The only real issue was how dragged out it was, but marathoning it diminished the negatives. It's such a cathartic feeling to be completing this stage of the saga since I put OP on-hold over seven years ago. Perhaps a fitting number with the seven sons of the Straw Hat alliance.
May 18, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode the straw hat fleet is formed that was so like luffy to say NO

the last scene with Rebecca and kyros was quite emotional
I was hoping for some farewell between luffy and Rebecca but it's fine the way it is

This was the end of deressrosa arc the dressrosa arc is definitely one of my favorite one piece arcs
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:36 AM
Jul 23, 2022 4:41 AM

Jan 2021
Great ending we all knew Luffy wasn’t going to accept their offer but it all worked out in the end and the Sengoku overhearing Fujitora scene was funny
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.