Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
kamina-uchiha said:
@Schema
cant it come from the air? because air contains hydrogen and oxygen and humidity which can be used to form water.

Sure if you want to throw a few droplets at people but for that sort of stuff? Gonna need a source.
Jun 11, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
Or he can condense water from the air or any source inside a water tank of some sort
Jun 11, 2016 9:42 AM
May 2016
@schema
ok true that, the only thing i can do is spit water without a source, most powers do get all there stuff from themselves, but ill need a source.

rec
i didnt think about it like that
Jun 11, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
No they don't. All the elemental ones I've approved have had to obtain their manipulated ability (such as smoke) from an outside source. The exception being fire for obvious reasons. A simple lighter is all you need for that.

Wall of water rec. Wall of water.
Jun 11, 2016 9:47 AM
May 2016
@Schema
ok, then, is that all? and btw the only area in this school with a water source is the pool that i know off
Jun 11, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2015
I've never understood this wall of whatever thingy ... That's so useless in fight.
Btw kam i can think of many except the pool
RecouerrJun 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Jun 11, 2016 9:52 AM
May 2016
rec
its for diversions and planning
Jun 11, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
kamina-uchiha said:
@Schema
ok, then, is that all? and btw the only area in this school with a water source is the pool that i know off

Well there are smart ways to go about having water manipulation as an ability. But this is what you chose so those are the restrictions you face.
Jun 11, 2016 9:55 AM
May 2016
@Schema
ok, we done now?
Jun 11, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
Specify the water needs to be retrieved from a source.

And I'd recommend changing your weapons to a flask of water that you can use as a short range slash/mid range thrust attack so that your character isn't useless when there's no source of water.
Jun 11, 2016 10:01 AM

Mar 2016
Wait a moment. Hold up. If one of the sources of water is himself, he's gonna mess himself really badly. Do reconsider that. :P
Jun 11, 2016 10:04 AM
May 2016
Arc
its not, thats been excluded

Schema
hmm. thats a tough choice but ill keep my knifes when theres no water. and im changing the power explanantion in a second, i ussually do it once its all done, a person can only hold more weapons when his power is weak right?
Jun 11, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2015
Btw schema i know i'm a bit insistent but could you take a look at the modifications i made and say what's ok and what's not ?
Jun 11, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2016
@kamina-uchiha
I begrudgingly grant approval.

But.....there is this:
kamina-uchiha said:
he takes his fights seriously and when he is serious about something he becomes a mastermind and mind games and trickery.

If I see you pull a Titanania with this, I'll be on your case faster than a money hungry lawyer. Now that I've settled that, you're free to go.
Jun 11, 2016 11:08 AM
May 2016
@Arc_I
wait Titanania? wasnt that the person with the tokyo should character? what happend
Jun 12, 2016 1:24 AM

Dec 2013
KindDude

Ok, I'm just going to say this once. We don't allow direct rips from anime characters. This entire character of yours is a direct copy from an anime. You have to come up with an original character and you can't use exact powers from that anime nor can you use the bio from it.
So until you change everything 100%, no admin will approve of your character.
Jun 12, 2016 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
@ThatKindDude
With your power can you tell me how many at fired at a time? Or duration of the shooting fireballs. As well as adding a possible cooldown with it. Then what is the size andamount of damage caused?

Jun 12, 2016 8:10 AM
Jun 2016
Alice157 said:
@ThatKindDude
With your power can you tell me how many at fired at a time? Or duration of the shooting fireballs. As well as adding a possible cooldown with it. Then what is the size andamount of damage caused?
Its only one fireball shot at a time, the fireball is effective at any range (Until it makes contact with something), Using the fireballs will be Energy-Consuming to Ken, As of now its only a small fireball & wouldn't do too much to an enemy.
Jun 12, 2016 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
@ThatKindDude
Okay. So The size and damage is okay to add in but a range needs to be defined rather than an infinite range or till it hit something. I get he fires one at a time since it's only from his left hand but how many consecutively can he fire per post? Then your consuming is a bit hard to keep track of and judge when it come to rp, point of why I ask about cool downs.

Jun 12, 2016 8:24 AM
Jun 2016
Alice157 said:
@ThatKindDude
Okay. So The size and damage is okay to add in but a range needs to be defined rather than an infinite range or till it hit something. I get he fires one at a time since it's only from his left hand but how many consecutively can he fire per post? Enter your consuming is a bit hard to keep track of and judge when it come to rp, point of why I ask about cool downs.
Ah okay, so how about a good 50 yards to start, and he can do about 6 fireballs until he gets tired.
Jun 12, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
@ThatKindGuy
50 yards is fine. After the 6 fireballs if the fight continues how about a 5 post cool down before he gets another 6?

Jun 12, 2016 8:34 AM
Jun 2016
Alice157 said:
@ThatKindGuy
50 yards is fine. After the 6 fireballs if the fight continues how about a 5 post cool down before he gets another 6?
Sure, a 5 post cool down would be good.
Jun 12, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
@ThatKindDude
Alright add those in and then I approve

Jun 12, 2016 8:50 AM
Jun 2016
Alice157 said:
@ThatKindDude
Just added them.
Jun 12, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
ThatKindDude said:
Alice157 said:
@ThatKindDude
Just added them.

5 post. Not mins

Jun 12, 2016 9:09 AM
Jun 2016
Alice157 said:
ThatKindDude said:
Just added them.

5 post. Not mins
My bad lol
Jun 12, 2016 4:16 PM
Apr 2016
Hi! I'm planning to make a character for this but I have one question:

Does an invisibility-like power is considerate overpowered or forbidden to use?
Even if it can only be used during short periods of time, and needs some cooldown?
Jun 12, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2013
JJJ7 said:
Hi! I'm planning to make a character for this but I have one question:

Does an invisibility-like power is considerate overpowered or forbidden to use?
Even if it can only be used during short periods of time, and needs some cooldown?

Depends on how you use it.
Are they fully invisible?
Or is there a way to tell that they are there?

Jun 12, 2016 8:20 PM
Jun 2016
Name: James Hana. Height: 6'6 feet. Weight 112 pounds.
Power: Resomancer
Explanation: Can control the sound waves of their own voice. Can make it louder or quieter, can turn their voice into a devastating blast. Can yell at somebody for 1 post, which stuns them for 1 post and has a cooldown of 3 posts. Other attacks are punching with augmented sound, which can cause small cuts in the opponents body. James will get more powerful eventually ( The underpoweredness is on purpose ) but they're underpowered for now because they're very new at their power.
Weapon: Brass Knuckles with steel spikes on the end.
Pic:
Club: Martial Arts
Personality: Very shy, but when you get them mad, or if you hurt their friends (or senpai), they will destroy you.
Bio:
BlairIsBest7Jun 13, 2016 3:13 PM
Jun 12, 2016 9:23 PM

Nov 2015
@BlairIsBest7
Can make a tornado of sound for two posts

Please elaborate. What could a tornado of sound do?

can yell at somebody for 1 post, which stuns them for 8 posts

This is ridiculously OP. A 1-post stun is powerful enough, as most short fights only last eight to twelve posts.

Also, add durations and cooldowns on your powers.
Forum Set and Profile Picture by aikopotz~
Jun 12, 2016 10:02 PM
Jun 2016
Kiiii- said:
@BlairIsBest7
Can make a tornado of sound for two posts

Please elaborate. What could a tornado of sound do?

can yell at somebody for 1 post, which stuns them for 8 posts

This is ridiculously OP. A 1-post stun is powerful enough, as most short fights only last eight to twelve posts.

Also, add durations and cooldowns on your powers.
WEll I'm sorry, this is my first time making a character
Jun 12, 2016 10:07 PM

Nov 2015
@BlairIsBest7

Please add a cooldown to your yell power.
Jun 13, 2016 12:04 AM

Jun 2016
Hagarimaya Ruko Height: 1.8m ||| Weight: 70Kg
Male
Friction
Explanation:Hagarimaya can control the friction on the surface and inside of his body at will. Due to this, he is immune to the effects of friction such as extreme heat, skin tearing etc. He can do things such as making his feet deprived of friction to make them 'skate' upon solid groud, or make them full of friction to be able to walk freely on ice. Physical attacks that are hand-to-hand can be mitigated slightly in terms of impact and damage, by causing a part of skin that would likely be hit to be friction-less and sliding off the enemy's fists/feet (or any other part) which would reduce the overall impact.

The cooldown for his powers depends on the size of the object only. If he manipulates the frictional property of an item the size of his arms, he can only manipulate objects the same size until the cooldown wears off. Powers lasts for 2 posts. Any other item or object that has the same size of the body part described below applies to the cooldowns that are dependent on the sizes. For example: A soccer ball, which is as nearly as big as his head, would be the same cooldown: 2 posts.
His whole body: 3 Posts
Parts of his body (Limbs, Arms, Head): 2 posts
Small objects (Phones, Small knives/daggers): 1 post

Weapon: Steel Cables. Is worn around Hagarimaya's torso, like a belt.
Club: Astronomy
Pic:

Personality:
/
Bio:
BobTheKekMasterJun 13, 2016 6:57 PM
Jun 13, 2016 1:02 AM

Nov 2015
@BlairIsBest7
A cooldown of 1 post might not be enough. This is what could possibly happen if you were to add a 1 post cooldown to the power:
Turn 1 - Uses yell.
Turn 2 - Enemy gets stunned. Yell enters cooldown.
Turn 3 - Yell finishes cooldown. Uses yell.
Turn 4 - Enemy gets stunned. Yell enters cooldown.
Turn 5 - Yell finishes cooldown. Uses yell.

I'd suggest increasing the cooldown of the ability to 2 or 3 posts.

Oh, and also:
Other attacks are simply punching and stuff because they're very new at their power

Having the yell power alone will make your character slightly underpowered, so you could choose to make it so that you augment your attacks with sound (?), therefore strengthening them.

@BobMcBobbeth
You didn't have to repost your character sheet. I was going to review it once I had finished everything there is to do for the day, but whatever. Not like it matters anymore.

Pardon my ramblings, and let's review your character.

He can make his feet friction-less against the floor so that he can 'skate' on solid ground.

I assume this has a two-post cooldown? This is after all changing the frictional properties of a part of your body.

It can also work as a defense mechanic where his skin can mitigate the damages of some punches by a bit due to the friction-less skin.

How could your power reduce the damage of physical attacks? Do you make it so that the fist/weapon slides off your skin?

Also, does this also have a two-post cooldown?

He can make his skin very rough so that he can tear softer surfaces easily, or he can heat up solid objects with continuous rubbing.

I don't think this has combat applications, so keep that in mind. After all, rubbing your opponent's sword/shield is probably not be a good idea.
Jun 13, 2016 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
kii said:
After all, rubbing your opponent's sword is probably not be a good idea.

Unless you want to make things very awkward.
Jun 13, 2016 4:42 AM

Nov 2015
Schema said:

Which sword are you talking about?

Yup. That'd be a totally anticlimactic turn of events.
Jun 13, 2016 4:53 AM

Jul 2013
Kiiii- said:
Schema said:

Oh I'm sure there'll be a climax somewhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 13, 2016 4:56 AM

Nov 2015
Schema said:
Kiiii- said:

Oh, they'll be polishing each other's greatswords in no time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

they're small as shivs though
Jun 13, 2016 9:20 AM
Apr 2016
Alice157 said:
Depends on how you use it.
Are they fully invisible?
Or is there a way to tell that they are there?

It can only be fully invisible if the user stays completely still, if the user is moving you can see small distortions on the position around him. The more time he stays invisible the more obvious his current location becomes.

I was thinking of 10-15 seconds of use and 30 or more seconds of cooldown.
Jun 13, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2013
@JJJ7
With invisibility there should be a way to tell they are there. Also it's hard to keep track of time so we do it by nber of post. Also I think invisibility isn't going to be helpful aND is hard to get approved so if you have a different power in mind. I'd try that one

Jun 13, 2016 1:28 PM
Apr 2016
@Alice157
Mmm yeah, I was starting to think that myself hehe, besides I'm not sure how would I roleplay a power like that, so yeah I'll think on something else.

Still, thanks for clarifying my doubts :)
Jun 13, 2016 6:49 PM

Jun 2016
Kiiii- said:
Schema said:

Oh, they'll be polishing each other's greatswords in no time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

they're small as shivs though

I'm getting great ideas xD
Also thank you for the critique.
BobTheKekMasterJun 13, 2016 6:57 PM
Jun 14, 2016 8:24 PM

Nov 2015
@BobMcBobbeth

Your damage mitigation power will only very, very slightly reduce the damage of a punch. After all, a punch's direction is always perpendicular to the skin, while frictional forces are parallel to the skin's surface.

A force does not affect a perpendicular force, so frictional forces do not affect an incoming punch. But that's a lesson for another day.

Unless other admins have a reason to nullify this, I present you the seal of approval.
Jun 14, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2016
Kiiii- said:
@BobMcBobbeth

Your damage mitigation power will only very, very slightly reduce the damage of a punch. After all, a punch's direction is always perpendicular to the skin, while frictional forces are parallel to the skin's surface.

A force does not affect a perpendicular force, so frictional forces do not affect an incoming punch. But that's a lesson for another day.

Unless other admins have a reason to nullify this, I present you the seal of approval.

Thank you, oh wise one.
-Bows humbly-
Jun 15, 2016 2:00 AM

Apr 2016
Name: Nina
Power: Lynx Eye
Power Explanation: Well, basically she turned into a lynx. Her stats would probably be raised a bit by the transformation since lynxes are truly formidable cats. as she gained rank her stats would probably be raised more. At her current rank her stats would probably become 10% higher. It's called Lynx Eye because the first hints at a transformation are her eye changing from blue to brown. She ins't fully able to control it, as now it only happens when she's really angry or scared, so that would probably be a thing changed as she leveled up, too.
Weapon: Well, herself.
Club: Manga and Anime Club. (because alot of otakus are neko-girl fans >.<)
Pic: Normal Form:

Lynx Form:

Personality:

Bio:
magicalofmagicJun 16, 2016 2:02 PM

**********Smile! ^^*********
Jun 15, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2014
Kiiii- said:
@MiddletonII
Sorry for the delay.

The power to temporarily take control of an animal, while rendering his eyes to roll into the back of his head and him to fall over while doing so. (later hopefully people too)

Well, your character won't be able to control people, no matter what rank he is.

Also, I don't think there are a lot of animals in Mirai High, not to mention ones that are large enough to give you some viability in combat.

If that isn't a problem, then...

Nah it's all good. Just animals is good my domesticated canine (dawg)
Jun 15, 2016 2:15 AM

Nov 2015
MiddletonII said:
Kiiii- said:
@MiddletonII
Sorry for the delay.

Well, your character won't be able to control people, no matter what rank he is.

Also, I don't think there are a lot of animals in Mirai High, not to mention ones that are large enough to give you some viability in combat.

If that isn't a problem, then...

Nah it's all good. Just animals is good my domesticated canine (dawg)
Jun 15, 2016 7:10 AM
Jun 2016
Name: Pip Young
Power: Strength in Numbers
Power Explanation: This power copies the powers of those around the user. Can only copy 2 or 3 powers at a time, if only one power is available for copy it will not work. The more powers copied at once, the less potent each one is. The powers copied are not individual, they are fused. Animal morphing plus fire, for example, would equal a partially flaming small animal upon transformation. if powers copied are too similar or too different, the effect is cancled, light plus dark is a good example because it doesn't make sense.
Weapon: Only if it is a copied power
Club: Music/School Band Club
Pic:
Personality: Friendly, always able to learn things at an accelerated pace but has a short attention span. Likes helping others with small tasks to keep occupied. Is calmed by music, both playing and listening. Scared of snakes and likes ants.
Bio:
ZipstrickJun 15, 2016 7:33 AM
Jun 15, 2016 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
@Zipstrick

2 things I would like to note:

This is straight from the rules:
2. The power is not allowed to be overpowered e.g. mind reading, causing death by touch, copying powers, nullification of powers

So your power isn't allowed.

Also, saying you're always able to learn things at an accelerated pace is another rule broken:
2. You are not allowed to add powers or additional aspects of your power in the personality or bio of your character. Everything about any supernatural power of your character must be written in the power description. 
Oppression. Rule by fear. Dictatorships. It's a strange thing. Throughout history, for some reason, the lives of such rulers have always ended in the same way: Assassination by someone who isn't even part of a combat unit.
------------------------ RP LAYOUT: ------------------------
* Name of the character you're roleplaying with -- [Example] -- [b]Kanitsuki Nihontou[/b]
* Dialogue -- [Example] -- [b]"Hello. Nice to meet you"[/b]
* Thoughts -- [Example] -- [i]"What am I going to do?"[/i]
* Actions -- [Example] -- She went to the place
* (Out of character) -- [Example] -- (I enjoy anime)
Jun 15, 2016 11:01 AM
Feb 2016
Name: Mato Cadome

Power: Power of the Dead

Power Explanation: Mato has the power to raise the dead but only for short periods of time,approx 2-3 posts. Mato can also control the dead to his will and he cannot be interrupted during this. Mato can only raise one dead person at a time. If Mato uses his power he will have to wait for 2 posts for him to regain his energy because this power is exhausting. The undead are weak to holy water,the holy cross and frost. The undead are 1.5 times stronger than the average human being but their bones are easier to break. All undead have the same strength because Mato requires a huge amount of energy to do this and if he makes them any stronger he could faint from exhaustion.

Weapon: Sword

Club:Poetry and book club

Personality: Mato is very kindhearted and caring. He always liked to be kind and help people in need. Mato gets angry at anyone who makes fun is being mean to his best friend Shrio Yukazaki.
Mato is very quite and does not speak to anyone except his mother or shiro.

Bio:Mato was born in 2001.When Mato was a child he was very social and made many friends with all the kids in his neighbourhood, but when his dad died when he was 8 he became very depressed and stayed in his house a lot reading books. All of his friends stopped talking to him except Shiro Yukazaki who always loved to be around Mato. Matos mother never has any time to spend with Mato because she is always working(she is a doctor and has to take long shifts everyday). Shiro is the only person that Mato feels comfartble with anymore and he enjoys her company. Mato has an interest in poetry and reading and he has joined clubs dedicated to those two.[/b]
uiuttn5643Jun 15, 2016 1:27 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mirai Park ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ataraxiel - Jan 9, 2016

747 by TheEdgelord »»
Jul 18, 2016 7:23 AM

Sticky: » Missions Center ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Coelestin - Jan 4, 2016

450 by Countenance_Arc »»
Jul 11, 2016 11:54 PM

Sticky: » Admin Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Coelestin - Dec 30, 2015

335 by Countenance_Arc »»
Jul 11, 2016 10:08 AM

» Swimming Pool ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Coelestin - Feb 5, 2016

721 by YFang »»
Jul 10, 2016 2:33 PM

» Ice Cream Parlor ( 1 2 )

Ze-Lem - Apr 2, 2016

59 by ImmortalZypther »»
Jul 10, 2016 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.