Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 11, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Luffy and the others gained some new friends !
Jun 11, 2016 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
If I had to select any OP arc as my least favorite, I'd definitely go with this one, but I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty cool to see that recap of the arc. Now it officially ends next week, and then we'll go into some much-needed filler.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 11, 2016 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty cool episode, one more ep before Dressrosa officially ends and then into the filler. Can't see it being any longer than 4 episodes if it's just supposed to be like the one they did before Film Z
Jun 11, 2016 8:21 PM

Dec 2009
Need a youtube of that musical recap brought a tear to my eye
Jun 11, 2016 8:26 PM

Dec 2013
Goodbye Dressrosa! Glad this arc is pretty much over.

It was fun seeing all those characters party together but overall ok episode. Recap at the end slightly annoyed me tbh

Next episode should be the last and then a filler arc
Jun 11, 2016 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
GOOD WAY TO END THE ARC! LOVED IT!!! YEAH STRAW HAT GRAND FLEET!!!
Jun 11, 2016 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
emotional , great way to end the arc loved it all
G_Spark233 said:
Goodbye Dressrosa! Glad this arc is pretty much over.

It was fun seeing all those characters party together but overall ok episode. Recap at the end slightly annoyed me tbh

Next episode should be the last and then a filler arc

the next arc is not really classed as filler though?

They will develop them self's individually hereafter , and will eventually cause a major incident that will go down in history..

love this line so exciting to know if this will be the final battle or before that xd
Jun 11, 2016 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
Epsilon said:
Pretty cool episode, one more ep before Dressrosa officially ends and then into the filler. Can't see it being any longer than 4 episodes if it's just supposed to be like the one they did before Film Z

is the next arc really classed as filler?

thebrentinator24 said:
If I had to select any OP arc as my least favorite, I'd definitely go with this one, but I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty cool to see that recap of the arc. Now it officially ends next week, and then we'll go into some much-needed filler.

its the worst arc due to pace but if it was normal it would be one of my faves
Jun 11, 2016 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
AForgottenSoul said:
Epsilon said:

There's going to be a filler called "Silver Mine Arc" where Luffy and Bartolomeo get captured by the Silver Mine Pirates and have to escape from some fortress.

From what I've read about it, the main enemy is linked with the main enemy in Film Gold. So i assume it'll be a few episodes and end just before/as the Film Gold anime special comes out on the 16th(?) of July
Jun 11, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2015
Nice ending to the dressrosa arc...
Jun 11, 2016 8:55 PM

Jul 2007
Great ending montage and song at the end. Finally the dressrosa arc is just bout finished. The MASSIVE revelations on the next episode though. :p omg i can't wait.

Jun 11, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2016
Farewell Dressrosa arc im gonna miss you but now we move on to the real stuff.
Jun 11, 2016 9:39 PM
Apr 2016
Oh god, please be over. I pray for this arc to be over. This has to be one of the worst arcs I went through in this whole series, both manga and especially anime-wise. I... just want it to be over by the very next episode. They can't possibly stretch this any longer (I hope).
Jun 11, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
This is one of the few episodes that make feel like Luffy is getting closer to his goal.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jun 11, 2016 10:05 PM

Mar 2016
That was a an amazing episode.
That shot of the seven representatives was great. Music was on point throughout the episode. Fujitora thanking Luffy and Sengoku hearing that was funny. And Zoro grabbing Law like that was hilarious as fuck, Hahaha xD
I loved how they showed the flashback of all the important moments since the beginning of Dresserosa arc. It was certainly refreshing. This arc may have had it's ups and downs(Animation and pacing wise mostly) but there were some amazing moments which was certainly worth it. Mera mera no mi, Sabo's return, Doffy's and Law's past, Fujitora, Gear 4 to name a few. Watching these episodes week in week out for 2 years. Wow. It's been 2 bloody years. This marks the end of one huge arc. Thinking back, this really has been a great adventure.
Looking forward to the filler arc. I'm genuinely excited to see what Silver mine arc has to offer and Toei better up the animation atleast before Zou. That has been one of my favorite arcs in all of One Piece and the best of New World.
It certainly was a great episode. And that ending speech has me hyped xD Giving this week an easy 5/5

Jun 11, 2016 10:25 PM

Jul 2015
Oh, thank goodness, this arc is finally ENDING. It's been far, far too long for this day to finally come in the anime (as if it wasn't long enough for the manga before).

In any case, I suppose this episode was okay. The recap scenes were unnecessary. We had far more than enough of those, thank you. Whatever. This s***'s ending and that is pretty much all that matters to me. I don't really care if there is a filler next. All in all, it is finally over, and I am ever so delighted for that alone.
Jun 11, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2015
A great ending ^_^

I love One Piece <3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jun 11, 2016 10:52 PM

Oct 2013
Dang the arc is over. I'm just glad Luffy didn't accept to be their leader
Jun 11, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Laughed a lot at Luffy's reasoning "I wanna be the King of Pirates but not someone important" XDD and Zoro wanting to drink the sake XD
Well he has been taking about living free ever since that promise with Ace when they were kids so it's expected he would still say that.

Quite smart of the guys to use Luffy's reasoning against him to exchange the sake cups, Great scene. :D
The Straw Hat fleet is now official.

Hah Sengoku caught Fujitora xD

Nice little montage at the end along with the typical post arc One Piece styled banquets.
Cabbage getting drunk was hilarious, Poor Law didn't wanna any of it XD

Well I guess Dressrosa is closing with the next episode, It might have been dragged like crazy especially in the anime but it was still a great arc :)
Jun 11, 2016 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
Straw Hat Grand Fleet is awesome!

I enjoyed this arc a lot. I know it had some issues but overall it was a really fun and ineresting arc. I like Doflamingo and I thought he was a great villain throughout.
Jun 12, 2016 12:12 AM

May 2016
Nice episode, actually.

The arc is ending. About damn time. This was just torture. I honestly hope something like this won't happen again.
Jun 12, 2016 12:16 AM

May 2016
thebrentinator24 said:

Completely agreed. Least the recap was kind of cool, as you've said. A good time to put it in as a great way to show the fact that the arc is finally going to be over and dealt with.

This has to be one of the only anime series (if not the only one) where a filler is actually very much needed, imo.
Jun 12, 2016 12:20 AM

Nov 2013
Watched this episode just to see the end of this lackluster of arc.
Ep was okay though.
Jun 12, 2016 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
Yay the 100+ episode Arc is almost over, but wait 1 episode every 7 days so 700+ days... that would mean the arc has been going on for almost 2 years?... Wow and to put it into perspective the whole Arc was just a single day, Not even that. (not counting flashbacks ofc.)

2 years of our life was like 7 hours in the anime. It's also around 14% of the whole anime.

Lets be honest this arc could have easily been cut in half or even a quarter hell most anime are less then 25 episodes total so why is a well established anime taking over 100 for 1 arc? Also that long intro that has been in the anime since the start has probably now taken up a whole day of your life and the unnecessary recap is the bane of my existence.

Anyway I can't wait for the next arc and I hope they handle it much better then this one. Not hating on One Piece I just know it can do better then this.
Jun 12, 2016 12:35 AM

Dec 2014
I guess this is the first time I think...an OST was played in between...or did I got it wrong
Jun 12, 2016 12:40 AM
Jun 2016
3(san)tamaria?xD
Jun 12, 2016 1:21 AM

Jun 2015
Well, there it goes a very very very very very very very very (damn it, it is really too long) long arc, but i won´t say that i hate it, instead i liked it, but i could have been even better with less worthless minutes, and of course with more Brook.
Looking forward the next arc :D
Jun 12, 2016 1:59 AM

Jul 2008
The king tontatta is such a perv.

Meet the Strawhat fleet!!! Time for a new arc!!
Jun 12, 2016 2:41 AM

Jan 2015
This arc was unnecessarily long. All those events they showed at the end, could have taken place in 15 episodes, not in more than hundred.
Jun 12, 2016 3:10 AM

Feb 2013
Epic episode!
Luffy being Luffy all the way, and just when I thought that Bartolomeo won't cry anymore he starts again, I loved it!
Jun 12, 2016 3:32 AM

Oct 2015
Epsilon said:

Pretty nostalgic episode. Luffy didn't accept just as expected.

The ED was pretty epic. Lets hope the filler is not too long.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jun 12, 2016 3:59 AM

Jun 2013
IT'S HERE!!! MUGIWARA DAI-SENDAN!!!! MUGIWARA GRAND FLEET!!!! Luffy has Just ONE OF THE BIGGEST OFFICIAL Fleet Under his Command....Even if He does not like it at all!!! XD Luffy might want to Be Kaizoku-Ou for it means to Be Most Free in these Seas...but he really should somewhat Expect that he gets Followers more and more he gets the Fame!

HAH!!! Zoro, Barto and Co. took the Choice from the Luffy, but hey! He Himself said that do what you Want! XD
JarjaxleJun 12, 2016 4:17 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 12, 2016 4:20 AM
Dec 2010
exLightning said:
Yay the 100+ episode Arc is almost over, but wait 1 episode every 7 days so 700+ days... that would mean the arc has been going on for almost 2 years?... Wow and to put it into perspective the whole Arc was just a single day, Not even that. (not counting flashbacks ofc.)

2 years of our life was like 7 hours in the anime. It's also around 14% of the whole anime.

It's even worse. The first episode of the Dressrosa arc aired January 19th, 2014, so with the last episode coming next week, it will have been almost 2 1/2 years, and no less than 118 episodes. 118 episodes at 24 minutes of air time. Okay, maybe 19 minutes on average once you subtract the intro/recap at the start of every episode. Still, even at 19 minutes, we are talking over 37 hours for this arc, of which roughly 15 were recaps, 10 were people running around aimlessly, and maybe 12 hours actual fighting and storyline progression.
Jun 12, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
Of course it didn't went the way it's supposed to be. Not with Luffy anyway. But at least he still got his grand fleet. It felt so good I didn't mind the two opening songs.
Jun 12, 2016 5:10 AM
Mar 2008
What's this talk about "Mugiwara Grand Fleet"? He didnt accept it. He has nothing and noone under his command except maybe his own crew.

But this Arc..............yeah a very long run but in the end it was still a good one. But all in all, there is just one that takes the whole cake from this Arc: Fujitora.
What Oda did with Fujitora representing Zatoichi, that was just too great.
Jun 12, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
Hahahahaha
This arc was long n heavy, and we loved it.
The way the fleet came to be was great.
Good guy Fuji. Luffy is officially best gambler.
Now, about law......

Jun 12, 2016 6:34 AM

Sep 2014
Funny to see Luffy get so annoyed hehe.

Great ending for the arc. I just wish previous eps were handled better w/o that 5 min recap or more. Maybe for the next arc...one can only hope
Jun 12, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2012
Gsimp said:
exLightning said:

It's even worse. The first episode of the Dressrosa arc aired January 19th, 2014, so with the last episode coming next week, it will have been almost 2 1/2 years, and no less than 118 episodes. 118 episodes at 24 minutes of air time. Okay, maybe 19 minutes on average once you subtract the intro/recap at the start of every episode. Still, even at 19 minutes, we are talking over 37 hours for this arc, of which roughly 15 were recaps, 10 were people running around aimlessly, and maybe 12 hours actual fighting and storyline progression.

Yep and that is why I dislike this arc with every fiber of my being, Most of it felt like a waste of my time because they fluffed each episode, I could basically sleep on them that's how fluffed they were. And even if I did it wouldn't miss much.

Picked up towards the end thank god.
Jun 12, 2016 6:40 AM

Jul 2012
MahadoKusanagi said:
What's this talk about "Mugiwara Grand Fleet"? He didnt accept it. He has nothing and noone under his command except maybe his own crew.

But this Arc..............yeah a very long run but in the end it was still a good one. But all in all, there is just one that takes the whole cake from this Arc: Fujitora.
What Oda did with Fujitora representing Zatoichi, that was just too great.

He didn't accept it because all he cares about is freedom but the other captains used that against him and used their own freedom to take him as their boss anyway.

I'm guessing they will just be used as secondary characters like every other group he gets along with on every other island, only difference seems to be they will show up in a big fight in the future.
Jun 12, 2016 6:54 AM
Jun 2016
Meh. It was alright.

As for this arc, yeah, it was pretty terrible. One of my least favorites, that's for sure. A few good moments here and there, but seriously, man. So glad it's over.
Jun 12, 2016 10:30 AM
Nov 2014
Am I the only one who thought that one piece is going to stop airing for a short period after seeing this episode ?

This episode was great and emotionally effective, because at the first half of the episode it was too happy but when they recapped the arc.

The recap which is the first one done in one piece was very perfect that created an idea in my mind that one piece is going to end!! And I want to see it till die <\3...
Jun 12, 2016 11:22 AM
Feb 2009
damn son Luffy's armada is finally formed
Jun 12, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
Loved this episode! Can't wait for the next arc!!
Jun 12, 2016 12:27 PM
Dec 2014
So 118 episodes (next episode) in total for this arc!!!!

Amazon Lily Arc + Impel Down Arc + Marineford Arc + Post-war Arc + Return to Sabaody Arc = 114 episodes

Just saying! =P

DAMN!
Jun 12, 2016 1:12 PM

Nov 2014
This was really cool. Luffy now is one step closer to become the pirate king.
I liked how Oda managed to give him lots of followers without making it out of Luffy's character.
Law still feels he is in a weird place. He is family now, he should feel like on of them :p

Goodbye dressrosa, you've been extremely frustrating experience, regardless of the enjoyment moments here and there.
Also, how on earth is Mingo still alive. I can't believe I am going to see him again after all this.
Jun 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
"I don't want to be important! I just want to be king of the pirates!"
Along with everyone else, I went like huh.
I mean, I understand... But... Huh
Jun 12, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
dressrosa arc is ended finally ...
Jun 12, 2016 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty decent arc when action happened it was on point. I liked the way they ended it with the Flashbacks.

Also Doffy has his awesome glasses back so he'll be alright
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 12, 2016 4:02 PM

Apr 2009
Epsilon said:
AForgottenSoul said:

There's going to be a filler called "Silver Mine Arc" where Luffy and Bartolomeo get captured by the Silver Mine Pirates and have to escape from some fortress.

From what I've read about it, the main enemy is linked with the main enemy in Film Gold. So i assume it'll be a few episodes and end just before/as the Film Gold anime special comes out on the 16th(?) of July

ah my bad.. but sounds nice xd
Jun 12, 2016 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
For all its warts, I loved the Dressrosa arc. There are definitely pacing issues, but that only seriously bothered me while seeing Bellamy bounce around punching Luffy for 25 episodes while Law was getting worked over. Otherwise there were so many fantastic moments such as Law's backstory, Doflamingo being an incredible villain, the return of Sabo, Luffy finally going all out and putting what he learned in the last two years to the test, and much much more.

I also loved this episode, it was warm and fun. Luffy got his armada without compromising who he is. If I could change one thing it would be Luffy's hat. I still hate how retardedly big it is now. I don't know why they messed with it.

I do wish the show would take a break or have a long stretch of filler. Even though either option would suck, they need to let the manga get ahead more.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 29, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.