Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh I knew it, tension between the hunters and the troops.

That Biba guy proves himself further that he is a dangerous individual. I like the relationship development between Yukina and Ayame this episode as it definitely feels like they're getting closer. Neat action, felt a bit like humanity is struggling more than usual by the sheer force of the Kabanes. I also felt kinda bad for that other female Kabaneri as she's pushed to the limits. Such a cruel world ;_;

Jun 9, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2013
Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy....!!!

Damn...the tension between the 2 Factions...Ayame + Ikoma and Co....Somewhat versus the Biba and the Hunters...poor Mumei...that is not easy position to be...to be between 2 factions...even if she is brainwashed to be loyal to Biba.

...but now...she got the Partial Wake Up call about her "Brother's" True Personality....Rest of that Call will most likely arrive in next couple episodes....I say 1-2 Episodes before she turns against him...well just before LAst episode too! And that Child Scene especially will be the Biggest Impact

They brought Kabane in...
Stark700 said:

That Biba guy proves himself further that he is a dangerous individual. I like the relationship development between Yukina and Ayame this episode as it definitely feels like they're getting closer. Neat action, felt a bit like humanity is struggling more than usual by the sheer force of the Kabanes.

Well Yukina literally took Blade into chest for Ayame..and so far she has been with Ayame all the time...I say that if they were not before this good friends I eat my HAT. and it is no Surprise that Troops are in trouble.

Hunters literally brought the Biggest Horde of Kabane's as possible in with Surprise attack...and at the same time Horobi and Biba took down the Station Leaders...can get no more Literal in "Cut the head and Body crumbles" Quota. No Leadership, how you think Red Shirt Bunshi Grunts can fight?

Stark700 said:
I also felt kinda bad for that other female Kabaneri as she's pushed to the limits. Such a cruel world ;_;

Me too...this has some feels up moment...but have to admit, on other hand I am happy than one of the future Enemies and a Kabaneri on top of that, just died....make things easier when it comes to that point where Koutetsujou Faction's and Hunters faction's Tension Erupts to All-Out war.. Enemy just lost one of their best Weapong...but That was sad way to go, that I admit.... but blame can go once again partly towards Biba...and his brainwashing....as He Ordered Horobi To died.

.....Shogunate must be Destroyed....so People are Free....O__O yeah......Biba is crazy...he just wants to burn everything to ground....and Ikoma and Co. were captured for the Blood? Did I hear the Raw right? Next experiments on Koutetsujou People start....and sure as helll The rebellion too...like hell Ikoma take this standing down.
JarjaxleJun 9, 2016 12:32 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 9, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
I can't but think that the fall of Aragane and Yashiro stations were deliberate diversions for the general repetition in taking down the Bakufu as in this episode.

The Black Smoke confirmed to be artificially created from Kabaneri, based on females. Curiously, the Yashiro Colony remained a colony, while Horobi somewhat evolved in a superKabaneri.

Bro intends to get even for something that happened 10 years ago. Maybe - the virus thing being released by the Shougnate?

This was frigging amazing, as unfortunate as it is.
zellamiJun 9, 2016 11:08 AM
Jun 9, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
Well that just happened. Mumei done F'd up and Biba's fabulousness isn't enough to make me like him. He's a meh villain tbh. Savage and really cool but his motives are meh.

Poor Horobi got killed like that. Man he's fast. I'm sure she hesitated for a split second which allowed him to stab her but he was sweating there. Horobi's Kabane mode was epic. Dem moves. And Dat blast damn!

Mumei's Childishness just keeps getting more apparent by every ep. Can't blame her since Biba was her role model since childhood but Ayame's definitely the better girl atm. She was awesome this ep threatening to drop the case and all. Even Kurusu was friggin awesome this ep. Really liking him much more now

Wonder where this'll go
Jun 9, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
Man Horobi's rampage state reminded me a lot of a video game called PROTOTYPE. That armor on half of her looked identical to Alex Mercer's armor. This is hardly a bad thing mind you. Prototype was a blast. But yeah I gotta say a Kabaneri that has gone past its limits is DEFINITELY much more terrifying than your regular Kabane. Jesus christ
Jun 9, 2016 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Well that just happened. Mumei done F'd up and Biba's fabulousness isn't enough to make me like him. He's a meh villain tbh. Savage and really cool but his motives are meh.

Poor Horobi got killed like that. Man he's fast. I'm sure she hesitated for a split second which allowed him to stab her but he was sweating there. Horobi's Kabane mode was epic. Dem moves. And Dat blast damn!

Mumei's Childishness just keeps getting more apparent by every ep. Can't blame her since Biba was her role model since childhood but Ayame's definitely the better girl atm. She was awesome this ep threatening to drop the case and all. Even Kurusu was friggin awesome this ep. Really liking him much more now

Wonder where this'll go

She stopped because just before she was turned, she said how Biba was afraid of her and Mumei, afraid of Kabaneri..even if he never showed it to outside...that Sweat Drop...Fear became overwhelming..and proved Horobi's point. that why she smiled before she got killed.

Yeah...Kurusu has already somewhat redeemed himself...funny how we forgot that he beat up Ikoma and locked him into jail in Episode 1 and shot him in Episode 2. I am pretty sure that he return later on with that Suitcase. Virus Vaccine or what ever is in it will most likely used to help Mumei return back from being Fused Colony...that is waht I believe will happen
JarjaxleJun 9, 2016 12:41 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 9, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2015
Didn't like this episode at all, first few episodes Ikoma was such a badass! One would even assume that he's gonna get stronger. But lately they just beat him up and he appears weaker than he's ever been. Furthermore he is constantly running after Mumei. Also that Kabaneri girl was such an interesting character, yet they killed her so damn soon. Kinda lost my interest for this anime
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Jun 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2014
Of course they fucking kill off Horobi smh

She was such a badass character

Biba just wants to watch the world burn

OrangeJPJun 9, 2016 2:52 PM

Jun 9, 2016 1:42 PM
May 2013
@Jarjaxle

".....Shogunate must be Destroyed....so People are Free....O__O yeah......Biba is crazy...he just wants to burn everything to ground....and Ikoma and Co. were captured for the Blood? Did I hear the Raw right? Next experiments on Koutetsujou People start....and sure as helll The rebellion too...like hell Ikoma take this standing down. "

Yes, he said they had need of the Kotetsujou people's blood.
Jun 9, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2015
Mumei is a stupid ass bitch. Almost every problem they had has been her fault and she has gotten at least 100-200 people killed so far in the story. Not to mention she almost got everyone on the train killed a few episodes back due to her stupidity. I say kick the bitch off the train and let her fend for herself. I don't know why they are so eager to keep her on the train when all she does is literally cause problems for everyone and gets tons of people killed -_-.

Also, I wonder if that blue formula given to Horobi is the thing that made Mumei into a kabaneri or if it is another form of the thing that made Mumei into the kabaneri. As far as I know Mumei doesn't have that hybrid hive colony ability like the other kabaneris did, so I guess it must be from that blue ball they have.
Jun 9, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2008
Cejara said:
Mumei is a stupid ass bitch. Almost every problem they had has been her fault and she has gotten at least 100-200 people killed so far in the story. Not to mention she almost got everyone on the train killed a few episodes back due to her stupidity. I say kick the bitch off the train and let her fend for herself. I don't know why they are so eager to keep her on the train when all she does is literally cause problems for everyone and gets tons of people killed -_-.

That's so bullshit when she's the reason they even made it out of Aragane castle alive in the first place. You just blindly hate her with out understanding her character at all
Jun 9, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Cejara said:

That's so bullshit when she's the reason they even made it out of Aragane castle alive in the first place. You just blindly hate her with out understanding her character at all

Yeah ok buddy, if everything after that hasn't been due to her stupidity at all. Just calling it like I see it with the facts. Don't blindly hate the character at all. She is naive and too impulsive which always gets people in trouble.
Jun 9, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2008
Cejara said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah ok buddy, if everything after that hasn't been due to her stupidity at all. Just calling it like I see it with the facts. Don't blindly hate the character at all. She is naive and too impulsive which always gets people in trouble.

You have no facts whatsoever. She's a fucking kid that's been brainwashed with a toxic mentality for years. You are literally complaining she's not perfect.
Jun 9, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Cejara said:

You have no facts whatsoever. She's a fucking kid that's been brainwashed with a toxic mentality for years. You are literally complaining she's not perfect.

The facts are that the incident with the colony and this has now been her fault. She wasn't being brainwashed for the the first encounter with the colony, but almost put the entire train in danger because she wanted to go around killing everything which wasn't part of the plan. I don't care if shes not perfect, shes just stupid. Also just because she was being "brainwashed" doesn't absolve her from responsibility from getting an entire station killed.
Jun 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
I am more and more disliking this anime; I just don't understand the character's decisions and Mumei is reflecting her age.. a bit too much.
Jun 9, 2016 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
Well I'm glad it only took Mumei one ep to wake up and see the truth about Biba, hoping for some rebellion next ep and I hope to see the hunters get their butts handed to them.
Tbh I can totally understand people's hate for Mumei, but I can't bring myself to relate because you have to realize canonically, she's like 12(?) years old, and you can't expect a 12 year old to make the same decisions you would. Ofc that can't just be used as an excuse but people can't deny that her age and naïveté aren't factoring into her actions here.

Also can't believe actually nvm I can believe that they killed off Horobi in the same episode that they actually developed her as a character... feelsbadman
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode. Solid ending. Can't wait for next week
Jun 9, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
Did I see Horobi use Psy Beam.... pretty crazy development once again. Poor Horobi. Biba is proving to be quite the villain. Honestly, I'm kind of pissed at Mumei. I get that she's a kid but I'd assume lots of people (even a 12 year old) would question Biba's actions like getting the key from Ayame by force if needed.
ReguIusJun 9, 2016 2:50 PM
Jun 9, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
Wrsty said:
Did I see Horobi use Psy Beam.... pretty crazy development once again. Poor Horobi. Biba is proving to be quite the villain. Honestly, I'm kind of pissed at Mumei. I get that she's a kid but I'd assume lots of people (even a 12 year old) would question Biba's actions like getting the key from Ayame by force if needed.

Given he is the one who SHAPED her world view after destroying her psyche by making her commit murder, no she's still in line with her circumstances.
Jun 9, 2016 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
Horobi looked pretty badass in that Kabane form, too bad she had to die so soon. The short amount of action we saw from her in this episode was fun to watch. I thought I'd like Biba when he was first introduced but he's turning out to be quite the fucked up antagonist. Looks like Mumei finally realized his true nature, I wonder how that'll affect her and her decisions in the remaining episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 9, 2016 3:16 PM
Oct 2008
I hate her too. Okay. I get it. Lost her mother didn't get educated on common fking sense so turns out half-retarded. BUT COME ON

SHE SHOULD BE DROWNING IN DESPAIR, SHOULD BE SO SHOCKED THAT SHE WANTS TO KILL HERSELF

so tbh all I missed is some extreme self-loathing, like EXTREME
Jun 9, 2016 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Wrsty said:

Given he is the one who SHAPED her world view after destroying her psyche by making her commit murder, no she's still in line with her circumstances.

That is true, but I'd expect her to also gain some sort of new point of view or morals from the time she spent with the others in the train. It was probably too short to completely reform or fix her.
Jun 9, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2008
Wrsty said:
Darklight0303 said:

That is true, but I'd expect her to also gain some sort of new point of view or morals from the time she spent with the others in the train. It was probably too short to completely reform or fix her.

Well as we see in this episode she's definitely starting to realize how monstrous Biba is. Too bad it happened after she fulfileld her role in the fall of the station
Jun 9, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2015
a zombie shoots a beam, hahaha
Jun 9, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2016
LOLOLOLOLOL! That beam from Horobi reminded me of
Four Tails Naruto vs Orochimaru, when Naruto unleashes a Bijju dama for the first time......CANNOT UNSEEN!

Much more action this episode.

And I didn't think they're were going to release the kabanes there. I thought they were holding it for the Shogunate, but I see Biba's plan now...kinda.

And we now know that Hybrid Colonies can be produced by injecting whatever there is those Blue Hearts into other kabane...And if they are already a Kabaneri we call them Nue, I don't know whats the difference between a normal and a Kabaneri Colony tho...I just know that the Kabaneri Colony was a test from that mad scientist, and it kinda failed cuz it didn't last long...But because of that we got to see what happens when a Kabaneri is fully transformed...They turn into Jinchuurikis LOLOLOL JKJKJK!
HyperLJun 9, 2016 8:12 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 9, 2016 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Wrsty said:

Well as we see in this episode she's definitely starting to realize how monstrous Biba is. Too bad it happened after she fulfileld her role in the fall of the station

Yeah, So Sadly, So True. Brainwashing...One of the worst Horrors even in real life when UNCEF and others are trying take Child Soldiers out of the all Military Sissie's and fighter groups.

Jun 9, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2013
Andes-Chucky said:

I thought that it Looked more of Highly Pressurized Air that she Pushed from her mouth. Air Canon if you would....easily break the ground and when it got upped by Virus? 100x mOre deadly

Jun 9, 2016 4:27 PM

May 2016
Jarjaxle said:
Andes-Chucky said:

I thought that it Looked more of Highly Pressurized Air that she Pushed from her mouth. Air Canon if you would....easily break the ground and when it got upped by Virus? 100x mOre deadly

It could be it....but how do you explain the explosion that the beam caused? From rewatching that scene many times I can tell that they didn't show the beam hitting anything that could explode, so that cannot really be implied...So is safer assume the beam itself is explosive or inflammable, but if it is, Can it really be Highly Pressurized Air? I think it makes more sense if we assume that was strait up a Beam charged up by the Blue Heart's (mysterious) energy.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 9, 2016 4:40 PM

Jan 2011
I can't really say I felt much from this episode. Normally I like the parts of the series where shit completely falls to shit and the impenetrable fortress gets overtaken and long-standing characters die but this gave me a tad of a meh felling. May be the execution, I figured Biba's betrayal would feel more genuine but this came off as typical. Felt like a LN at times. I gather he wants to militarize the entire population while simultaneously getting back at the Shogunate for betraying him years ago. He does a 9/11 to heat people up and convince them there is no safety behind wall nor place for the weak or some shit. I guess it is somewhat sensible. Though his killing of the guards who tried to run to safety on his train felt a bit dumb, and only there to emphasis the asshole factor. I'm getting a bit worried or the story but I can't expect much since it is 12 eps. And even with 24+ episodes they drags hit out 70% of the time. The action was OK, at least.

6.5/10 overall

Stark700 said:
I like the relationship development between Yukina and Ayame this episode as it definitely feels like they're getting closer.

Didn't really sense much other than the typical Oujo-sama compassion.

nastyolroshi said:
Didn't like this episode at all, first few episodes Ikoma was such a badass! One would even assume that he's gonna get stronger. But lately they just beat him up and he appears weaker than he's ever been.

Apart for the very first episodes I feel they kinda let up on the bully on him, replacing it was showing his reliability as a fighter. Unfortunately they seemed to keep him with the fuckstick wide-eyed-idealist role, which is hard to like for me in most situations, even when it's 100% right. Suzaku from C.G. was more likeable because they were constantly challenged and broken in front of him until he had to make a compromise.
QWERTYFish25Jun 9, 2016 4:47 PM
Jun 9, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
I can't really say I felt much from this episode. Normally I like the parts of the series where shit completely falls to shit and the impenetrable fortress gets overtaken and long-standing characters die but this gave me a tad of a meh felling. May be the execution, I figured Biba's betrayal would feel more genuine but this came off as typical. Felt like a LN at times. I gather he wants to militarize the entire population while simultaneously getting back at the Shogunate for betraying him years ago. He does a 9/11 to heat people up and convince them there is no safety behind wall nor place for the weak or some shit. I guess it is somewhat sensible. Though his killing of the guards who tried to run to safety on his train felt a bit dumb, and only there to emphasis the asshole factor. I'm getting a bit worried or the story but I can't expect much since it is 12 eps. And even with 24+ episodes they drags hit out 70% of the time. The action was OK, at least.

6.5/10 overall

Stark700 said:
I like the relationship development between Yukina and Ayame this episode as it definitely feels like they're getting closer.

Didn't really sense much other than the typical Oujo-sama compassion.

nastyolroshi said:
Didn't like this episode at all, first few episodes Ikoma was such a badass! One would even assume that he's gonna get stronger. But lately they just beat him up and he appears weaker than he's ever been.

Apart for the very first episodes I feel they kinda let up on the bully on him, replacing it was showing his reliability as a fighter. Unfortunately they seemed to keep him with the fuckstick wide-eyed-idealist role, which is hard to like for me in most situations, even when it's 100% right. Suzaku from C.G. was more likeable because they were constantly challenged and broken in front of him until he had to make a compromise.

Suzaku? Likable? Hahahahaha bullshit
Jun 9, 2016 4:58 PM

Oct 2009
I hope this will be a big turning point for Mumei's character and she stops doing stupid stuff. Yeah she is twelve, though she sure likes to act smart as a 16 year old sometimes.

Also Ikoma can get hit by giant pipes and and stones, he doesn't feel pain and is stronger than a human. But a normal human manages to knock him down, and keep him there with one foot and the knock him out... He is supposed to physically be those zombies that jump into the faces of people and don't stop when they take armor piercing bullets to the face. Consistency please...

Also, must be some damned weird thought process through Mumei's head. The only "nice" thing Biba did for her was give her a sword, cause after that he turned her into a living dead weapon, filled the train with kabane, said her loving mother deserved death for being weak, threatened to throw her away if she wasn't useful and ordered her to kill people that she knew were nice if they opened the train door... how does she trust this guy? The only reason I can find is that she has a crush on him and blindly in love, cause no twelve year old I met would trust me if I did any of those things... Oh yeah almost forgot, secretly take two super warriors inside the city to negotiate peacefully for happiness, when they said no warriors allowed inside.
NLightJun 9, 2016 5:14 PM
Jun 9, 2016 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
This was the worst episode of the entire show. And here I was seriously expecting something fresh! Instead we get the same boring cliche of humans killing more humans because of some "lofty" ideals meanwhile the threat of extinction looms over their heads.

I am so disappointed.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jun 9, 2016 5:04 PM
Jul 2015
Oh my god, this anime has became rubbish faster than Magi post-timeskip. Just 2 chapters have been enough
Jun 9, 2016 5:11 PM

Sep 2015
Oh boy I can't wait for Biba to get his just desserts. What a horrible episode this was. It's really making me pumped for him to get slaughtered like a cow. I really really hope they don't spare him and put him in jail at the end or something. He really needs to die.

3 more episodes. Oh boy. Can you feel it Mr. Krabs?
Jun 9, 2016 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
well, for me this episode was a HUGE step up from last few episodes. I can finally value Biba as a character. There was some actual tension here. It's very annoying that the world building is all over the place though. as if motorcycles weren't enough, we were now introduced to telegrams and chainguns! like, really? this is completely ruining the steampunk setup! the kabaneri mutans are also not grounded in anything we have learned about the world thus far, it's more magic than science at this point. however, I finally felt something when watching this series, and I'll be waiting for the next ep.
Jun 9, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2008
ALso in case anyone missed it, the kid that got bit and was killed at the very end? He was the same kid who was crying about his dead dog in episode 5. So he's been reunited with Taro.
Jun 9, 2016 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
NLight said:
Ikoma can get hit by giant pipes and and stones, he doesn't feel pain and is stronger than a human. But a normal human manages to knock him down, and keep him there with one foot and the knock him out... He is supposed to physically be those zombies that jump into the faces of people and don't stop when they take armor piercing bullets to the face. Consistency please...
This is not a consistency issue. First of all, I'm pretty sure the guy who knocked Ikoma out was a main member of Biba's group, so there's a chance he's a Kabaneri too. Second of all, Ikoma didn't act like he was in pain here, and yeah he's super angry but he's still not going to struggle with all his might because that would undoubtedly get him killed.
Jun 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Well Mumei screwed up lowering that bridge.
Biba is such a savage. The Hunters are massacring everyone. That Black Cloud was dangerous.
Kurusu to the rescue. Hopefully he is OK from that fall.
Horobi going berserk there & Biba with no hesitation stabbing her.
Ikoma & the rest of the group are captured.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Oct 2009
Phoebe3315 said:
NLight said:
Ikoma can get hit by giant pipes and and stones, he doesn't feel pain and is stronger than a human. But a normal human manages to knock him down, and keep him there with one foot and the knock him out... He is supposed to physically be those zombies that jump into the faces of people and don't stop when they take armor piercing bullets to the face. Consistency please...
This is not a consistency issue. First of all, I'm pretty sure the guy who knocked Ikoma out was a main member of Biba's group, so there's a chance he's a Kabaneri too. Second of all, Ikoma didn't act like he was in pain here, and yeah he's super angry but he's still not going to struggle with all his might because that would undoubtedly get him killed.

Didn't say he needed to show pain, more like look those kabane take bullets to the head and keep walking, while Ikoma took a rod to the face and fell unconscious, the same guy who can fall down from great height onto his head and keep walking, just fell unconscious from a normal human (have not seen a band on his neck) hitting him in the face.
Jun 9, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2008
NLight said:
Phoebe3315 said:

Didn't say he needed to show pain, more like look those kabane take bullets to the head and keep walking, while Ikoma took a rod to the face and fell unconscious, the same guy who can fall down from great height onto his head and keep walking, just fell unconscious from a normal human (have not seen a band on his neck) hitting him in the face.

Ikoma can still have his brain rattled even if he can take bigger hits. That's sorta the key to knocking out really tough people. Shake their brain up and induce unconsciousness. Hell Ikoma took three hits to go down for good. Also did you forget Mumei knocked him out completely in Episode three by kicking him into headfirst into a steampipe?
Darklight0303Jun 9, 2016 5:32 PM
Jun 9, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2016
Why is it always social-darwinism?

what's even the point of showing the blue-blood girl regained her composure at the end? is it supposed to be tragic?

this show has gotten pretty dumb
Jun 9, 2016 5:35 PM

Nov 2014
FragOutFire said:

what's even the point of showing the blue-blood girl regained her composure at the end? is it supposed to be tragic?

I think the show got dumb from ep 3 onwards. might as well turn the ridiculousness up to 11.
Jun 9, 2016 5:39 PM

Apr 2008
FragOutFire said:

Remember what she told Biba before she was turned. That she was afraid because Biba was affraid. And he denied it. The fact that she made him genuinely sweat proved how true that claim had been and she seemed to be happy with that outcome since she proved she knew him better than he would care to admit.

That's at least one interpretation from her expression and previous scenes.
Jun 9, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2014
Yukina's so awesome, she got shot right in the heart but her muscles stopped it.

Otherwise man what a stupid episode. Entertaining, but so dumb. Onii-sama turned out to be not a nice guy after all. What a shock. Really wanna see Yukina punch him in the face.
Jun 9, 2016 5:47 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Most of the characters in this episode are trying for the Stupid Award....but the winner is Mumei. On the other hand, we learned to never trust guys with pink pony tails.....just girls. 12/10 for all the blood.
Jun 9, 2016 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, are all the episode 9's from this season give a grim conclusion? Kiznaiver gave a somewhat saddening end to the episode.

Anyways, I was laughing at Mumei's reaction throughout the entire time, I was like, "they tried to tell you that Biba is evil and wants to destroy everything on his path to revenge" but did she listen? Nope..

I felt bad for Hobori since her sacrifice was a "waste" in the eyes of Biba.. But oh well

Also, I feel somewhat agitated by the MC who is constantly screaming his righteous words, but gets beat (Typical Shounen Character)
Jun 9, 2016 6:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Biba needs to go now....This guy has gone too far lol
Jun 9, 2016 6:14 PM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Man Horobi's rampage state reminded me a lot of a video game called PROTOTYPE. That armor on half of her looked identical to Alex Mercer's armor. This is hardly a bad thing mind you. Prototype was a blast. But yeah I gotta say a Kabaneri that has gone past its limits is DEFINITELY much more terrifying than your regular Kabane. Jesus christ
I was thinking that too! This entire episode was similar to the trailer after watching it again

"The difference between a Weeaboo and an Anime Fan,
a Weeaboo wants to marry their favourite characters, a True Anime Fan wants to see them happy"
-inspired by some guy in the comments section of gogo
Jun 9, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2013
ElectricRed said:
Also, I feel somewhat agitated by the MC who is constantly screaming his righteous words, but gets beat (Typical Shounen Character)

That irritated me, too. How the hell does he get beaten up by those guys like that? He is a Kabaneri who is supposed to tank damage even better than the artifically made ones and should have ten times the strength of those soldiers.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 9, 2016 6:44 PM
Sep 2015
*sarcastic clap

Thin out the human race for your plans for world domination and grudge settling? Brilliant plan there Biba! When the Kabene zombies inevitably overwhelm your people and you're the last man standing, will you enjoy the fruits of your labor?

I'm getting fed up with this shitty anime. At first it seemed intriguing like the Metro series (the novels and games) with steampunk technology, possible graying morality explored with human characters becoming hostile for understandable reasons and a mystery with the origins of the Kabane virus.

BUT NOPE! It turns into a simplistic black and white story with an obviously evil antagonist, an MC that shouts more than he thinks, an idiotic waifu (this episode really cemented that view of Mumei for me) and super-powers for the zombie (mouth lasers are where the lines of plausibility are crossed).

If they wanted to make Biba evil, they ought to make him a pragmatic vilain. Kill off the leaders of the town, release the Kabane and save them when everything is at their worst. That would earn him some more brownie points with the people and allows him to recruit more people to his cause of destroying the apparently inept Shogunate. BUT NOPE! He causes more deaths and creates more Kabane. I'm sure 'nothing' could go wrong if one relies on a horde of ravenous, bloodthirsty zombies creatures!

EDIT: Okay, Biba conscripts the survivors. But from what I can tell, they're all aware that he caused the Kabane attack. I'm pretty sure that having resentful and disloyal soldiers will make for 'great' soldier material!
CerberusGateJun 9, 2016 6:53 PM
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

544 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 8, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.