Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Super Lovers' Announced for Winter 2017

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 9, 2016 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
KoreaWS said:
Romance a la ToraDora or KareKano. Plot is optional: I can go through SoL if the characters are good.
Obligatory Doukyuusei recommendation
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 9, 2016 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
KoreaWS said:
Romance a la ToraDora or KareKano. Plot is optional: I can go through SoL if the characters are good.

Is this the pinnacle, one of those "one of a kind" movie/series that I will never have the pleasure to re-experience, or are there shows out there with a similar "excellency", so to speak?

Ty for the rec though. Gonna find time to watch it.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 9, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2015
KoreaWS said:
Comic_Sans said:
Depends, are you looking for something with an actual plot or something with a "plot"?

Regarding your criteria you should definitely give Sekaiichi Hatsukoi a try.

If you want to cry: Hybrid Child (4 OVAs).

Both by the same author. The works of Nakamura-sensei are a good start into the world of BL!

P.S.: I know Comic_Sans will most likely bash this recommendation :'D
Jun 9, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
KoreaWS said:
Comic_Sans said:

Is this the pinnacle, one of those "one of a kind" movie/series that I will never have the pleasure to re-experience, or are there shows out there with a similar "excellency", so to speak?

When it comes to anime, yes

When it comes to manga, no
Helenus said:
Regarding your criteria you should definitely give Sekaiichi Hatsukoi a try.

If you want to cry: Hybrid Child (4 OVAs).

Both by the same author. The works of Nakamura-sensei are a good start into the world of BL!

P.S.: I know Comic_Sans will most likely bash this recommendation :'D
Not at all, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi is a guilty pleasure of mine (not to mention that it was also one of my first BL anime)

I personally found Hybrid Child boring but it probably works fine as an entry BL anime
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 9, 2016 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Obligatory "what manga?" question
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Jun 9, 2016 12:19 PM

Mar 2014
KoreaWS said:
Comic_Sans said:

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Comic_Sans?status=2&order=4&tag=BL
Nico- said:
Jun 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
KoreaWS said:
Comic_Sans said:

Try Ten Count or Honto Yajuu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
xburnbright said:

does it change anything? why would you even create something like that? why are people into that?

It's not even pedophilia ffs. I don't know about you but a 16 year old boy/girl having a romantic relationship with someone who's 20 something years old is completely fine. 16 year olds aren't kids anymore. As someone who's 16, I can, and will date whoever I want to date. What you're probably complaining about is the fact that this is a shounen-ai. Have you like seen Usagi Drop?

when will you people understand that I'm not against shounen-ai and yaoi? I've already written it 2 or 3 times.

I didn't want to get involved into this topic again, but ok. let's get it straight:
- the age gap when you're a teenager or child is like a million years - if 15-years old teenager wants to date a 7-years old boy, is it okay? but it's still 8 years, just like in SL. a 16 yrs old person isn't mature enough to be with a 24 yrs old person.
- they are family. the fact that the younger boy was adopted and they're not related by blood doesn't change anything. the older one had been watching him growing up. all this time they were brothers and still are brothers.
- drawing a 16-years old boy as a child and a 24-years old adult as an adult makes this anime pedophile. you say that he's 16, but they made him look like, idk, 8? is it really okay to watch how an adult hits on a child?

I'm done here. I've said what I think about this and I'm not going to write anything in this topic anymore. have a good day/night.
Jun 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
xburnbright said:

- they are family. the fact that the younger boy was adopted and they're not related by blood doesn't change anything. the older one had been watching him growing up. all this time they were brothers and still are brothers.

Wrong.
Haru only spends one summer vacation in Canada (a few weeks). Afterwards he returns home. Several years pass till he meets Ren again. So there is no 'watching him growing up'.

A brotherly relationship was never established in the first place. Haru took a liking to Ren. Then they part ways.

Adoption makes a difference. Incest is determinated by blood. Haru and Ren are not related by blood at all (not even halfbrothers). Therefore no incest.
HelenusJun 9, 2016 2:25 PM
Jun 9, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2015
Helenus said:
xburnbright said:

Wrong.
Haru only spends one summer vacation in Canada (a few weeks). Afterwards he returns home. Several years pass till he meets Ren again. So there is no 'watching him growing up'.

A brotherly relationship was never established in the first place. Haru took a liking to Ren. Then they part ways.

Adoption makes a difference. Incest is determinated by blood. Haru and Ren are not related by blood at all (not even halfbrothers). Therefore no incest.

my mistake. but I'm still not changing my mind about them being a family.
Jun 9, 2016 3:52 PM

Sep 2014
YASSSSSSS!!! MORE YAOI!!!!
Jun 9, 2016 7:08 PM

May 2013
krazykillerkurt said:
marx-chan said:
yes perfect, another season to drunk watch. my alcoholic self is fuckin' ready.

in all honesty, this anime is kind of gross due to the adult/minor relationship, but as long as it stays in fiction what the heck does it even matter?

Even if it isn't fiction it's actually quite fine. The kid, err, teenager is actually 16 and depending on where you're from, 16 is actually an age of consent. If you didn't know, 13 is the age of consent in Japan btw

No it isn't. An adult and a minor, especially in such a grooming type relationship with an obvious power imbalance, is incredibly unhealthy and completely fucked up especially on the adult's side. In reality this type of relationship would not fly. Also the Youth Protection Law overrides a lot of the older consent laws for certain prefectures and typically the age of consent for most places will be around 17 with some variations.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Jun 9, 2016 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
Ugh, of all the shows to get a second season...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
people arguing over this "power imbalance" between ren and haru, assuming haru's in the advantage because he's older... please read the manga. if anyone's actually in power in their relationship, i think it's ren (who sees haru as a child-like adult) there's no incest or abuse here. they're not blood related or underage.
Jun 10, 2016 1:21 AM

May 2014
Yes!!
I should probably get down to watching the first season now...I was really happy when the anime adaptation was announced, but 10 episodes is nothing so this is pretty great news. It's been a while since we've had a shounen-ai this long.
I'm pretty sure the last one was Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and that was a few years back!^^

EDIT- Oh and Love Stage...but I honestly just can't see it as yaoi lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2016 6:23 AM

Feb 2016
xburnbright said:
krazykillerkurt said:

It's not even pedophilia ffs. I don't know about you but a 16 year old boy/girl having a romantic relationship with someone who's 20 something years old is completely fine. 16 year olds aren't kids anymore. As someone who's 16, I can, and will date whoever I want to date. What you're probably complaining about is the fact that this is a shounen-ai. Have you like seen Usagi Drop?

when will you people understand that I'm not against shounen-ai and yaoi? I've already written it 2 or 3 times.

I didn't want to get involved into this topic again, but ok. let's get it straight:
- the age gap when you're a teenager or child is like a million years - if 15-years old teenager wants to date a 7-years old boy, is it okay? but it's still 8 years, just like in SL. a 16 yrs old person isn't mature enough to be with a 24 yrs old person.
- drawing a 16-years old boy as a child and a 24-years old adult as an adult makes this anime pedophile. you say that he's 16, but they made him look like, idk, 8? is it really okay to watch how an adult hits on a child?

I'm done here. I've said what I think about this and I'm not going to write anything in this topic anymore. have a good day/night.

Sigh
I'm saying I'm mature enough to date people 5 or even 8 years older than me but okay fine since you're saying I'm not but that's ok since I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. AND WTF? NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT AN 8 YEAR OLD DATING A 16 YEAR OLD. THAT'S JUST CRAZY. 8 year olds don't have much sense of morality and maturity yet. That's just wrong. And Ren was the one who fell in love with Haru first. Haru was just creepily joking around until he himself fell for Ren too. And the older one had not been "watching him grow up" they only knew each other for one summer until Haru had to come back home and got in an accident and lost his memories of that summer. Ren never really saw Haru as a brother and Haru himself has mixed feelings about Ren being his brohter. They are just brothers by law. And btw what is this "adult hitting on a child" nonsense? Haru never even once hit on Ren. Also, you'd be surprised to see a lot of 16 year olds in Japan that look like they're 10. Even though I'm ashamed to admit it, people say I look like I'm 12 even though I'm almost 17 now. Have you ever seen Usagi Drop? You really need to see Usagi Drop because I dare think how you'll react to it.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Jun 10, 2016 6:24 AM

Feb 2016
oyasumeme said:
people arguing over this "power imbalance" between ren and haru, assuming haru's in the advantage because he's older... please read the manga. if anyone's actually in power in their relationship, i think it's ren (who sees haru as a child-like adult) there's no incest or abuse here. they're not blood related or underage.
thank you! at least someone understands

Jun 10, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2009
I need season 3 too just to see Akira being animated

, pls and thank you.
but anyway january isnt that far away~ yes!
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
Jun 10, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
You really need to see Usagi Drop because I dare think how you'll react to it.

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only person here parroting about Usagi Drop. Most of the things people are accusing Super Lovers of also apply to that manga too. But why SL got that much more hate? Because it's straight up mentioned in the front that it's BL and between an adult and a teenager, which so happens the teen is adopted by the older's parents. It's even so similar that
So, just say that it's the BL part they have the problem with and we'll be okay. You don't need to make things up based on not-facts that are obviously not from the manga.

Lastly. Why are you still here even though you've proven yourself many times that this series offend you so much it clashes with your morality and you will not watch/read this series? Go away and enjoy anime that fits your criteria and not make you question your own sexuality once every five minutes ^^. You know who you are~
Ioryogi-kunJun 10, 2016 8:15 AM
Jun 10, 2016 8:10 AM

Oct 2009
*shrieks* more fake incest? D:

Jun 10, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2016
Ioryogi-kun said:
krazykillerkurt said:
You really need to see Usagi Drop because I dare think how you'll react to it.

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only person here parroting about Usagi Drop. Most of the things people are accusing Super Lovers of also apply to that manga too. But why SL got that much more hate? Because it's straight up mentioned in the front that it's BL and between an adult and a teenager, which so happens the teen is adopted by the older's parents. It's even so similar that
So, just say that it's the BL part they have the problem with and we'll be okay. You don't need to make things up based on not-facts that are obviously not from the manga.

Lastly. Why are you still here even though you've proven yourself many times that this series offend you so much it clashes with your morality and you will not watch/read this series? Go away and enjoy anime that fits your criteria and not make you question your own sexuality once every five minutes ^^. You know who you are~

Ugh IKR?! Why can't he just ignore it and move on. Does this anime affect him that much? Is he questioning his own sense of morality? You can rant all you want about it being morally wrong even though it's in fact a heartwarming coming-of-age anime that surely gives most of its viewers laughs

Jun 10, 2016 8:52 AM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:

Ugh IKR?! Why can't he just ignore it and move on. Does this anime affect him that much? Is he questioning his own sense of morality? You can rant all you want about it being morally wrong even though it's in fact a heartwarming coming-of-age anime that surely gives most of its viewers laughs

Yeah, that person is repeating the same things they have been saying since two days ago (when the big battle happened lol). I'm already tired of replying and correcting things from that mess (that they ignore I assume, since they wrote about the EXACT SAME THING as their previous posts). So I don't reply directly to or quote their posts again this time ^^
Jun 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah, that person is repeating the same things they have been saying since two days ago (when the big battle happened lol). I'm already tired of replying and correcting things from that mess (that they ignore I assume, since they wrote about the EXACT SAME THING as their previous posts). So I don't reply directly to or quote their posts again this time ^^

The kind of cynical apathetic attitude he's showing is just annoying. You know, the type that doesn't even try to acknowledge other people's opinions. They believe theirs is the only correct opinion and that's just stupid.

Jun 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
Of all shows it had to be Super Forced Drama and Super Bland Characters that got the sequel. Oh well, congrats to the fans.
Jun 11, 2016 6:21 AM

May 2013
krazykillerkurt said:

Sigh
I'm saying I'm mature enough to date people 5 or even 8 years older than me but okay fine since you're saying I'm not but that's ok since I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. AND WTF? NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT AN 8 YEAR OLD DATING A 16 YEAR OLD. THAT'S JUST CRAZY. 8 year olds don't have much sense of morality and maturity yet. That's just wrong. And Ren was the one who fell in love with Haru first.....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you're an adult dating another adult, you are not "mature" enough to date anyone that much older than you. Your cognitive development doesn't finish til about mid-twenties, (and one of the slowest parts to develop is the prefrontal cortex which is important for rational thinking and decision making among many other tasks) so mentally and cognitively you have a long way to go. While it's understandable to be attracted to older people on your end of the deal, there is a reason that someone that much older than you is interested in YOU and not someone their own age. I get it, really. When I was around your age I got into a relationship with an older guy thinking I was mature enough too, but he was just a manipulative and abusive twat who knew he could get away with shit with a kid who didn't know much about the world. You're welcome to do whatever you want, obviously, but I advise you not to mess with older people when you're so young.

Jun 11, 2016 7:06 AM

Feb 2016
marx-chan said:
krazykillerkurt said:

Sigh
I'm saying I'm mature enough to date people 5 or even 8 years older than me but okay fine since you're saying I'm not but that's ok since I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. AND WTF? NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT AN 8 YEAR OLD DATING A 16 YEAR OLD. THAT'S JUST CRAZY. 8 year olds don't have much sense of morality and maturity yet. That's just wrong. And Ren was the one who fell in love with Haru first.....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you're an adult dating another adult, you are not "mature" enough to date anyone that much older than you. Your cognitive development doesn't finish til about mid-twenties, (and one of the slowest parts to develop is the prefrontal cortex which is important for rational thinking and decision making among many other tasks) so mentally and cognitively you have a long way to go. While it's understandable to be attracted to older people on your end of the deal, there is a reason that someone that much older than you is interested in YOU and not someone their own age. I get it, really. When I was around your age I got into a relationship with an older guy thinking I was mature enough too, but he was just a manipulative and abusive twat who knew he could get away with shit with a kid who didn't know much about the world. You're welcome to do whatever you want, obviously, but I advise you not to mess with older people when you're so young.
Haru's not even manipulative. If anything, Ren's the one who's manipulative. You should really read the manga because you don't seem to know much about the relationship Ren and Haru has. You needn't tell me to not mess with older people because I know most older people are shit and just treat me like a kid that's why I like this anime because I can relate to Ren a bit.

Jun 11, 2016 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Congratulations, heterosexual women.
Jun 11, 2016 5:23 PM

Sep 2015
Saturn19 said:

I'm gay but aights.
Jun 11, 2016 5:27 PM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
marx-chan said:

Haru's not even manipulative. If anything, Ren's the one who's manipulative. You should really read the manga because you don't seem to know much about the relationship Ren and Haru has. You needn't tell me to not mess with older people because I know most older people are shit and just treat me like a kid that's why I like this anime because I can relate to Ren a bit.

I'd like to tack on to this, people do realize this is fictional?

Which means, Abe can make Ren as mature as she wants and we can't say anything because real world laws don't apply to a fictional world's. I mean if you really think about it, any sort of laws can be warped in a fictional world (yes the story may take place in a real country like Japan) but so do other many action/super power series and frankly, it doesn't matter ahaha.
Jun 11, 2016 5:29 PM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
marx-chan said:

Telling them to read the manga isn't gonna change their opinion (most of the time). If they have a set opinion made then it's set.

Ah but that doesn't mean we can't recommend this series to new fans :^) !! I told my friends and mutuals to read the manga and they're enjoying it! Hey I have a tumblr - KyofushiBibi and I use MAL (only for Super Lovers mostly) so if you ever wanna talk about the series, feel free to PM me!! Maybe you can make a discussion about Haru and Ren's relationship, I'll actively take part!
Jun 11, 2016 5:34 PM

Sep 2015
aisoka said:
Thank you for making the 2nd season, yeah! I so need to see Akira to be animated.

Sadly I don't think we'll be seeing Akira animated, unless we get.. A third season maybe??!!!

Ah maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I really want Super Lovers to continue for as long as possible! Only manga series I can say with confidence that is my favorite.
Jun 11, 2016 5:39 PM

Feb 2016
Kyofushibibi said:
krazykillerkurt said:

Which means, Abe can make Ren as mature as she wants and we can't say anything because real world laws don't apply to a fictional world's. I mean if you really think about it, any sort of laws can be warped in a fictional world (yes the story may take place in a real country like Japan) but so do other many action/super power series and frankly, it doesn't matter ahaha.

PREACH!
It's purely a work of art. It's all that it is. Take Boku no Pico for example, even though I'm really disgusted by it, I don't go out shouting that it's immoral or other shit like that because it's not real ffs. It's not really wrong to speak your mind, unless ofc you're preaching hate then you should just fck off

Jun 11, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
Kyofushibibi said:

PREACH!
It's purely a work of art. It's all that it is. Take Boku no Pico for example, even though I'm really disgusted by it, I don't go out shouting that it's immoral or other shit like that because it's not real ffs. It's not really wrong to speak your mind, unless ofc you're preaching hate then you should just fck off

Hmm I saw Boku no Pico when I was in middle school. I was...Unsettled but not scarred as some people seem to think BNP is the worst kind of (for sake of me being lazy to find the correct term on mobile) hentai (or series that people uh, get off to or enjoy) but oh boy is there much worse! However, it all involves lolis so maybe that has something to do with it? Oh how many "immoral" situations creators put lolis in but Lord have mercy on a cute story with a character classified as a shota character.

Ah, it's all fictional so I really shouldn't be getting my panties in a twist but believe me, the loli hentai is way worse than any shota one (in my opinion dude). That being said, will I shame the fans or spout needless hate? No because I don't have the same tastes as every one and I know people enjoy different things. It's not my place to limit what artists can or can not do because in the end, someone will enjoy the piece of work.

Anime is anime, manga is manga, comics are comics, shows are shows. It's fun to explore unnatural dynamics (relationship or otherwise) in a fictional setting. Makes for a fun story.
Jun 11, 2016 5:56 PM

Feb 2016
Kyofushibibi said:
Saturn19 said:

I'm gay but aights.

Don't you just love the ignorance? I'm not even gay or a heterosexual woman yet I enjoy watching or reading anything with great story and Super Lovers definitely has an enjoyable story

Jun 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2016
Kyofushibibi said:
krazykillerkurt said:

PREACH!

Hmm I saw Boku no Pico when I was in middle school. I was...Unsettled but not scarred as some people seem to think BNP is the worst kind of (for sake of me being lazy to find the correct term on mobile) hentai (or series that people uh, get off to or enjoy) but oh boy is there much worse! However, it all involves lolis so maybe that has something to do with it? Oh how many "immoral" situations creators put lolis in but Lord have mercy on a cute story with a character classified as a shota character.

Ah, it's all fictional so I really shouldn't be getting my panties in a twist but believe me, the loli hentai is way worse than any shota one (in my opinion dude). That being said, will I shame the fans or spout needless hate? No because I don't have the same tastes as every one and I know people enjoy different things. It's not my place to limit what artists can or can not do because in the end, someone will enjoy the piece of work.

Anime is anime, manga is manga, comics are comics, shows are shows. It's fun to explore unnatural dynamics (relationship or otherwise) in a fictional setting. Makes for a fun story.

Exactly. No matter how unsettling fictional works are, they're still fictional and they'll stay fictional.

Jun 11, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2016
Kyofushibibi said:
krazykillerkurt said:

Telling them to read the manga isn't gonna change their opinion (most of the time). If they have a set opinion made then it's set.

Ah but that doesn't mean we can't recommend this series to new fans :^) !! I told my friends and mutuals to read the manga and they're enjoying it! Hey I have a tumblr - KyofushiBibi and I use MAL (only for Super Lovers mostly) so if you ever wanna talk about the series, feel free to PM me!! Maybe you can make a discussion about Haru and Ren's relationship, I'll actively take part!

People that believe that their view is absolutely correct are just plain annoying. I tried to see it in their perception and I get why Super Lovers would be unsettling for some but no I'm quite convinced that it's quite alright and even if everyone does see it as immoral, so what? It's still purely fictional.

Jun 11, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2015
Ioryogi-kun said:
krazykillerkurt said:

There's this manga about a 13 y/o falling for a 51 y/o cop.

There's definitely some more questionable age gap manga series out there.

I'd also like to add that in Cardcaptor Sakura there are 2 student teacher relationships where both the students are around 10-11 and the teachers are 30+.

My friend showed me her CCS manga and I was like "I'm laughingggg" but they're cute so whatever. Maybe every one forgot about it? Or you know....It's heterosexual.

Egh, gays always get more hate so it's whatever at this point. HaruRen is perfect tho :^)))
Jun 11, 2016 6:19 PM

Feb 2016
KyofushiBibi said:
Hey I have a tumblr - KyofushiBibi and I use MAL (only for Super Lovers mostly) so if you ever wanna talk about the series, feel free to PM me!! Maybe you can make a discussion about Haru and Ren's relationship, I'll actively take part!

I think I have to tumblr but I think it's been years since I was last active lol. Yea I just followed you. I still barely understand how tumblr works tho lol

Jun 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Sep 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
KyofushiBibi said:
Hey I have a tumblr - KyofushiBibi and I use MAL (only for Super Lovers mostly) so if you ever wanna talk about the series, feel free to PM me!! Maybe you can make a discussion about Haru and Ren's relationship, I'll actively take part!

I think I have to tumblr but I think it's been years since I was last active lol. Yea I just followed you. I still barely understand how tumblr works tho lol

I post/reblog so much SL on there. I left tumblr for a few months and now I'm back cause SL, funny. The gifs are adorable.
Jun 11, 2016 6:42 PM

Feb 2016
Kyofushibibi said:
krazykillerkurt said:

I post/reblog so much SL on there. I left tumblr for a few months and now I'm back cause SL, funny. The gifs are adorable.
Yeah I see it lol it's full of it alright

Jun 12, 2016 12:07 AM

Aug 2011
KoreaWS said:
Comic_Sans said:

Not many animated BL unfortunately but in terms of manga I can point you towards Junko's works and Takarai Rihito's stuff. Also check out Yamamoto Koutetsu, Yoneda Kou, Scarlet Beriko, Suzuki Tsuta, Yukue Moegi (she doesn't have that many things rn but the stuff she does have is nice), and Ogeretsu Tanaka.

If you want things that are a little bit on the darker side then try Ogawa Chise.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Enzou!! I love their stuff. And Natsume Isaku

(god I'm sorry for the longass pile of author recs but I just feel like instead of recommending specific stories I'd rather recommend the authors themselves so you can choose from a group of stories type of deal)
Jun 12, 2016 6:27 AM

May 2013
krazykillerkurt said:

I'm not talking about Haru, though you can argue that the fact that Haru implies his actions are "brotherly" could be manipulative since Ren doesn't know any better. The series doesn't delve int the darker parts of the attraction though cause this is meant to be a fun, escapist anime. Do you honestly think I don't get that when I said that something this creepy doesn't matter in fiction the first time? Also, I've read the manga. I know. Me not liking it doesn't equal me not "understanding" their relationship.

Kyofushibibi said:

Maybe you should finish reading an entire post for context before tacking on a comment that has already been covered? I said in my first comment that things in fiction do not matter, but my reply to krazykillerkurt was in response to them declaring that they could date someone much older then them despite still being a minor which is fucked up for a number of reasons.
marx-chanJun 12, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 12, 2016 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
marx-chan said:
krazykillerkurt said:

I'm not talking about Haru, though you can argue that the fact that Haru implies his actions are "brotherly" could be manipulative since Ren doesn't know any better. The series doesn't delve int the darker parts of the attraction though cause this is meant to be a fun, escapist anime. Do you honestly think I don't get that when I said that something this creepy doesn't matter in fiction the first time? Also, I've read the manga. I know. Me not liking it doesn't equal me not "understanding" their relationship.

Kyofushibibi said:

Maybe you should finish reading an entire post for context before tacking on a comment that has already been covered? I said in my first comment that things in fiction do not matter, but my reply to krazykillerkurt was in response to them declaring that they could date someone much older then them despite still being a minor which is fucked up for a number of reasons.

"Ren doesn't know any better" you lost me there... It is obviously implied that Ren is more mature than Haru... Since you're saying that, you're also saying that I don't know any better. So it's fucked up of me to think that I could date someone older than me? AM I NOT ALLOWED TO DATE ANYONE OLDER THAN ME? PEDOPHILIA IS A SERIOUS CASE IRL WITH HELPLESS INNOCENT KIDS AND YET YOU'RE YAMMERING HERE LIKE A CYNICAL SELF-RIGHTEOUS VIGILANTE AT ME WHEN THERE ARE FAR MORE SERIOUS CASES IRL. I'M 16 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I CAN THINK FOR MYSELF BUT OFC I'M STILL DEPENDENT ON OTHERS BECAUSE I'M STILL YOUNG BUT I DO HAVE A SENSE OF MORALITY AND YES PEDOPHILIA BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I ALLOW ANYONE TO CALL ANYONE OLDER THAN ME A PEDOPHILE. I know you didn't say that but you're obviously implying it.

Jun 12, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
marx-chan said:
krazykillerkurt said:

Kyofushibibi said:

Ah no I was replying to KKkurt, just MAL on mobile makes it harder to cut some stuff. Most topics have already been covered concerning this series yet a new circle is always started. Mods had to delete some posts.

Oh but IRL? A minor dating an adult? I'd say just to be wary, I know some 16 y/o's that did date 20 something y/o's and they dated for a few years, had kids, and are now living happily. For me, it would have to depend on maturity on both parts and well depending on what country you live in as well. It'd be a slippery slope in America but a few commenters said that they're from Switzerland (if I remember) and that they're used to these age gaps in their country.

One bad experience doesn't make the whole issue bad. It's a sensitive topic that varies from person to person, there's no "correct" answer I suppose. That's about it for me. Just be wary who you date in general.
KyofushibibiJun 12, 2016 9:32 AM
Jun 12, 2016 9:36 AM

Mar 2015
Laciie said:
KoreaWS said:

Not many animated BL unfortunately but in terms of manga I can point you towards Junko's works and Takarai Rihito's stuff. Also check out Yamamoto Koutetsu, Yoneda Kou, Scarlet Beriko, Suzuki Tsuta, Yukue Moegi (she doesn't have that many things rn but the stuff she does have is nice), and Ogeretsu Tanaka.

If you want things that are a little bit on the darker side then try Ogawa Chise.

(god I'm sorry for the longass pile of author recs but I just feel like instead of recommending specific stories I'd rather recommend the authors themselves so you can choose from a group of stories type of deal)

Signed! Nice recommendations. I read literally all of them :D
Jun 12, 2016 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
Laciie said:
KoreaWS said:

Gonna give 'em a try if BL is good for me to keep reading. First I'm gonna look for that movie comic_sans rec'ed me, and from there keep looking.

I'm currently watching certain series that has 110 OVA's, and my attention span is pretty bleak to watch 2 different things at the same time and appreciate it.

Thanks to everybody!!

Jun 12, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2013
krazykillerkurt said:

"Ren doesn't know any better" you lost me there... It is obviously implied that Ren is more mature than Haru... Since you're saying that, you're also saying that I don't know any better. So it's fucked up of me to think that I could date someone older than me? AM I NOT ALLOWED TO DATE ANYONE OLDER THAN ME? PEDOPHILIA IS A SERIOUS CASE IRL WITH HELPLESS INNOCENT KIDS AND YET YOU'RE YAMMERING HERE LIKE A CYNICAL SELF-RIGHTEOUS VIGILANTE AT ME WHEN THERE ARE FAR MORE SERIOUS CASES IRL. I'M 16 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I CAN THINK FOR MYSELF BUT OFC I'M STILL DEPENDENT ON OTHERS BECAUSE I'M STILL YOUNG BUT I DO HAVE A SENSE OF MORALITY AND YES PEDOPHILIA BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I ALLOW ANYONE TO CALL ANYONE OLDER THAN ME A PEDOPHILE. I know you didn't say that but you're obviously implying it.

For someone who described themselves as "mature" you're not acting very mature. You're actually behaving very much like a child, but I understand. Your amygdala develops much more rapidly than the prefrontal cortex, so I understand the reaction. You're just proving my original point though. Again though, it's no fault of the minor if they're into an older person.

Actually, it's kind of hilarious how it's basically like looking in the mirror of my former self right now. I used to have the same mindset.

Kyofushibibi said:

Ah no I was replying to KKkurt, just MAL on mobile makes it harder to cut some stuff. Most topics have already been covered concerning this series yet a new circle is always started. Mods had to delete some posts.

Oh but IRL? A minor dating an adult? I'd say just to be wary, I know some 16 y/o's that did date 20 something y/o's and they dated for a few years, had kids, and are now living happily. For me, it would have to depend on maturity on both parts and well depending on what country you live in as well. It'd be a slippery slope in America but a few commenters said that they're from Switzerland (if I remember) and that they're used to these age gaps in their country.

One bad experience doesn't make the whole issue bad. It's a sensitive topic that varies from person to person, there's no "correct" answer I suppose. That's about it for me. Just be wary who you date in general.

I understand there are particular cases where sometimes "it works" (though I'm skeeved by the very idea as someone who was manipulated in a relationship at a young age with an adult), but it's something I would rarely if ever mess with because for the most part it's not going to be healthy for the younger party.

Jun 12, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
marx-chan said:
krazykillerkurt said:

For someone who described themselves as "mature" you're not acting very mature. You're actually behaving very much like a child, but I understand. Your amygdala develops much more rapidly than the prefrontal cortex, so I understand the reaction. You're just proving my original point though. Again though, it's no fault of the minor if they're into an older person.

Actually, it's kind of hilarious how it's basically like looking in the mirror of my former self right now. I used to have the same mindset.

Kyofushibibi said:

I understand there are particular cases where sometimes "it works" (though I'm skeeved by the very idea as someone who was manipulated in a relationship at a young age with an adult), but it's something I would rarely if ever mess with because for the most part it's not going to be healthy for the younger party.

I understand. Sometimes things happen that leave you feeling a certain way about a thing.
Jun 12, 2016 3:08 PM

Feb 2016
marx-chan said:

But that's just it. I'm not even describing myself as mature. All I'm saying is I have room to grow and I can do what I want while I'm young and I can have my own opinions on what I want to watch. Regrets are for later, not now, and I'm prepared for that. You're a good person, and I think you speak from experience a bit, do you not? I don't know... Maybe I was just enchanted with how Shinobu and Miyagi fell in love in Junjou Romantica and I thought maybe age really doesn't matter. I mean he was 17 when he fell in love with Miyagi who was 35 at the time, but hey, they became a couple when Shinobu became 18 at least. You know what, I'll take up your word for it and wait until I am 18 before making decisions like this because at least by then I'll be a bit wiser than how I am now. However, I think my thoughts won't change about being attracted to someone older than me. Oh and one more thing. Don't treat me like a fucking child. No one likes being treated like a child. But thanks anyway

Jun 13, 2016 5:37 AM

Nov 2014
krazykillerkurt said:

I agree Ren's the "manipulative" one here. He knows that Haru felt responsible

We aren't even talking about a minor/underaged kid here. Japan's age of consent being 13 does make me roll my eyes a bit but Ren (SIXTEEN!! YEARS!! OLD!!) is surprisingly mature for his age. If you've read the manga, you'd know what he's been through and how he thinks or acts. I think he's even more emotionally mature than Haru. It's even explicitly said in the manga (also in the anime!!)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
41 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
43 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.