Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2016 6:37 PM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

heartwarming until the last time. :(
Fuu go to Tokyo and live with Shiomi. Her last moment with her father's roller well executed. Just don't expected Natsume gave her Nixon. Nice.

and the graduation, eugh, this is why I hate this event, my eyes can't hold tears. :( :(

-----

overall, nice four movies with each main characters focused. how they angst and hesitated to decide the future, to afraid the change and their determination until the end.
megmicaMay 18, 2016 7:03 AM
May 17, 2016 10:13 PM

Sep 2011
alyya said:

Fuu go to Tokyo and live with Shiomi. Her last moment with her father's roller well executed. Just don't expected Natsume gave her Nixon. Nice.

So do Fuu and Shiomi become a couple?? Dying to see this with subs!!!!
May 18, 2016 7:02 AM

May 2013
scruffykiwi said:
alyya said:

So do Fuu and Shiomi become a couple?? Dying to see this with subs!!!!
yeah, shiomi also said she bought the apartment because she expected fuu will live with her, or something like that, even though Fuu at that time still can't decide if she want to go tokyo or not. :D
May 25, 2016 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
Camera fixed for now, but cannot afford to break again. Now everyone's interested in her camera.

Main girl decided to go toward Photography. "Healing Photographer", that's so suitable. Spending last of the life there. There's no missing to that lady's mountain climbing for new year. Brief time in Tokyo for entrance exam. The photographer wanting her as her roommate. Her friend in Tokyo's crying accompanied her.

Camera broken again... so that time to let it go has come, but fortunately it just happened that the father's acquaintance delivered a new camera for her. First photo for the new camera is a photo of everyone while learning how to use it.

Parents talk about how the father is the one who beared her selfishness before graduation. Showing everyone's new life.

IN: "Sotsugyou Shashin (卒業写真)" by Maaya Sakamoto
ED: "Korekara (これから)" by Maaya Sakamoto
tsubasaloverMay 25, 2016 6:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 4, 2016 7:05 AM
Oct 2010
10/10 worth watching T^T I want to embrace Fuu the whole time <3
Jun 4, 2016 10:10 PM

Sep 2015
Izumi_Yuki said:

How did you watch it? Bought the BD?
Jun 5, 2016 5:46 AM
Oct 2010
HecticLeo said:
Izumi_Yuki said:

How did you watch it? Bought the BD?

I watched in raw from Nyaa.se
Jun 22, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
The wait was worth it, it was beautiful, so many feels.
I was kinda nervous about how they'd end this but this was perfect, sad but still so full hope, it felt very real.
One of my favorite franchises.
Jun 22, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
I waited and waited for this to get subbed, I was hoping this wouldn't end that it would continue, but deep down I knew it was the last time I'll ever see them again. This movie was an amazing conclusion to the entire series We had everything and I felt all kinds of emotions watching this and by the end I actually teared up it was that good. Seeing Potte and everyone graduate and moving forward with their career choices was so touching the fact that potte is now in tokyo is kind of sad but it also shows just how much she's changed since the start of the series. I want to say more but I'll just be typing out the entire history of the series so I'll end it with momoneko has kids now.
Jun 22, 2016 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
Great conclusion to the story. i still wanted to see a wedding but whatever. Tamayura was better and better with every season. To bad, not many people in the West liked it.
Jun 22, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
And that ends the movies. That ending where everyone is cheering Fuu as she leaves made me tear up. Great ending!
Jun 22, 2016 4:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
いってらっしゃい, Sawatari Fuu.

And so it goes.
Jun 22, 2016 7:16 PM

May 2010
Other than Shihomi gave me an eargasm, overall it's an average movie.
I wonder why there's "trumpet" in the credit roll...
Brace yourself, more feel series incoming! (ˊᵕˋ)
Jun 22, 2016 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
Damn. It has been a long long ride with this series. Didn't ever think this would get so many installments but good on it. It was a true little journey and I enjoyed sticking through it all.
Jun 22, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2015
Absolutely beautiful is all I can say. Those two words best describe the entirety of the Tamayura series and I am deeply sad that this the end for now. I am so happy that I discovered this anime only a couple months ago as it has become my #1 anime of all time. It was a touching, heartwarming, relaxing and enjoyable series. There wasn't a single moment when I wasn't watching intently, every second of every episode had my attention to the fullest.

If they ever decide to create an OVA or sequel depicting everyone's life after the events of this movie I would be extremely happy. But for now, I am satisfied remembering of all the fond times I had with Potte, Maon, Kaoru, Norie and the rest of the cast.

10/10
Jun 23, 2016 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
Wow all vote 5/5. And damn the last ep. I really almost cry... shed a manly tears while watching this whole ep. and huhuhu.... Potte!!!!!! I'm really gonna miss you. ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚

I demand a sequel on how they're after they grown up. Would be nice to see the gang all-together again. This ending just made me sad seeing all of them separate choosing their own path of life. 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。
This anime really hit me hard in the kokoro. 。・゚ヾ(✦థ ェ థ)ノ。゚・。
Jun 23, 2016 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
"The scar had
not pained Potte since the graduation ceremony. All was well."
Jun 23, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2009
When Tamayura decides it wants to be good, man, it is _really_ good.

9/10. This is a franchise I am going to miss quite a bit.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jun 23, 2016 7:21 PM

Oct 2009
I wish the two characters from Fuu's home town were more apart of the show. Tomo still has my favorite voice of all voice actors.
Jun 24, 2016 4:43 AM
Nov 2010
Yup I cried, so sad to see this go. I am going to miss this series so much.
Jun 24, 2016 9:25 AM
Jun 25, 2016 5:50 PM

May 2012
Awwww :( A great series has ended :/ I will always miss Tamayura and all the heartwarming moments it gave me, especially those 4 finale movies, they sure concluded well for this franchise. 10/10 overall for all the Tamayura seasons and movies. Loved every single moment of it!! Now time to sob as I cannot come to terms of seeing Tamayura has ended lol ;__;
Jun 25, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2012

So heartwarming, i'm rly sad that this great series has ended. And it's characters just grew up on me, will miss them for sure!

10/10
Jun 26, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
And now I'm depressed. :<
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Jun 26, 2016 9:23 PM

Jan 2012
The bitter sweet feeling you get when something good ended.

Props to Nishi-Taku on their quality subs. It is nice to see that quality fansubbing is still alive in the era of simulcasting.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 28, 2016 1:32 AM

Nov 2013
Wanted to watch this since last week, but I don't want it to end. Finally watched the final movie today and damn, it's a beautiful conclusion for the series.

9/10 for this movie from me. I'll really miss Tamayura.
Jul 2, 2016 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
It was a great time with tamayura, I will really miss it.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jul 10, 2016 10:11 AM
Jul 2008
It ended.. :(

- The last photo of Rollei and the first photo of Nikon have Tamayura in it, I like that.
- Momoneko has many kids lol
- Maon joined 2 clubs wow!
- Fuu looks really mature

- I forgot who's this boy, anyone know? I can't find him on the character list

- I'm sad about Hoboro, she looks more like bystander than side character. Considering how much they prepare her wedding in 2nd movie. I was expecting a bit more scene about her wedding :(
Well at least she seems happy with the shiny ring. I want to try that wedding hoboroyaki.

------------

NoobHunterD said:
The bitter sweet feeling you get when something good ended.

Props to Nishi-Taku on their quality subs. It is nice to see that quality fansubbing is still alive in the era of simulcasting.

the era of subs editing
I really thank them for subbing the movies. Looking at MAL's member count(quite niche), I almost lost hope for someone to sub this.
LeonLanfordJul 10, 2016 10:19 AM
Jul 13, 2016 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
OMG. It was so beautiful. The saddest part is that it was last thing which we will see from Tamayura series.

It was probably a unforgettable experience for people who watched it in cinema.
I will rewatch Tamayura in future for sure. It is too beautiful for only one time watching.
Not mentioning about artistic aspects of it. The visuals are just a work of art. Wonderful. Music, OPs/EDs from TV series, VOICE ACTORS.
And yes, Nishi-taku did an awesome work with subs too. I really appreciate his effort to make it faithful and not americanized. Many thanks.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 28, 2016 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
Finally got to finish the Tamayura movies, and it didn't disappoint.
It's heart-warming as always.

I've been rewatching the wonderful Aria series (in BD, no subs so I'm watching it Raw) so I just realized that Shihomi is voiced by Hazuki Erino who did Akari in Aria.
Seeing Shihomi's interactions with Fuu pretty much reminds me of Alicia and Akari's (and Ai) relationship in Aria. It's like Junichi Sato wanted to link the two series together, and it's awesome
LastExile_613.png
Jul 30, 2016 2:41 AM

Feb 2014
Man, couldn't have asked for a better finale. It also seemed like the art and cinematography got a major upgrade in this final movie. This gets a solid 9/10 from me.

Even though the series got a little too saccharine at times and made me wish there was someone like Aika in the cast to snap at them with a "hazukashii serifu kinshi!", almost every single one of the episodes from the show always made me tear up and managed to warm my cynical little black heart. I'm going to miss this series quite a lot.
Aug 1, 2016 9:12 PM

Jul 2007
I'm sad that this is the last of Tamayura but this is probably one of the most beautiful movies I've watched. It's safe to say I cried (manly tears they were) but I've not made it through this beautiful series without crying. It was an amazing ride and I thank those who were involved with creating this wonderful anime from the bottom of my heart, this definitely ranks up their as one of my all time favorite series.

10/10
Aug 6, 2016 7:32 AM

Aug 2010
I really would love to see another season as a continuation of their lives, but I guess that would somewhat defeat the final message of the show now wouldn't it? A wonderful healing show and one of the more poignant coming of age stories, I'm thankful that I could experience it. Oh and Fuu and Riho must become a pair at one point in the future, too much chemistry between them. 9/10.
Aug 21, 2016 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
Tamayura. I'll score it 10 out of 10.

One of the best. In many ways the tragedy of the human condition is that all will come to an end, eventually.
Sep 17, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
As a drop-out student in Photography, this really does make me regret on why I gave up Photography.

God, I want to call this show a legitimate masterpiece in the slice of life category.
IAMQTSep 17, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 30, 2016 11:21 AM

Apr 2009
I have a mixed emotions right now. :'(
I will miss this show specially every night before I sleep. That was a great closure and I couldn't ask for a better ending than this one.

The poll shows it all 5/5 = 100%

10/10 on my list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
saved this for fall crazy it's been 6 years since the first OVAs and i never would of expected this show would be still around but i'm glad it was because what a long ride it's been ,Tamayura is one of the better SoLs out there and these movies gave all the likeable characters the proper development they needed.

and i truly wanna nitpick i'd say i wish they had spread out the focus through out all the characters more in the beginning because without these movies you barely would of known much about the rest.

still they wrapped up everything so nicely it's a shame how underrated it is the movies by themselves deserve a 9!
Nov 28, 2016 4:57 AM

Oct 2012
LeonLanford said:

That person is Okazaki Norie's brother I believe.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Nov 28, 2016 5:21 AM
Jul 2008
Jiharo said:
LeonLanford said:

That person is Okazaki Norie's brother I believe.

It's what I thought too.. but I can't find image of him anywhere..

Thanks! :)
Jan 7, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2014
What a beautiful series, I really wish there was more for me to enjoy of it. All the characters had significant roles and brilliant writing. And this movie really brought resolve and closure to absolutely everything, which is something to be heavily admired.

Many tears were shed for this anime series, and most of them were happy. The characters and experiences of those characters really touched my heart! The vocal talents here were incredible, they did a fantastic job of breathing life into these amazing characters.

Not undeserving to call this an easy 10/10, the series as a whole is also a resounding 10/10 for me. I'll always remember this one!
May 4, 2017 7:17 AM
Nov 2011
Wow... just wow. Honestly you HAVE to watch this whole series to develop an appreciation for it. I started off watching season one at 2011. I thought the premise was interesting, but it felt very generic through and through. I didn't expect a season 2, so I thought the series was interesting but was very average as a whole. Along came season 2, it was better than season one. An improvement due to the fact that we saw some mild growth in Potte and some of the other characters, but as a whole it still felt very generic. Especially the ending mostly because I felt it was over dramatizing everything and it was VERY obvious that her camera would be fixed.

Season 2 usually marks the end of a series and I honestly felt Tamayura had a decent run. A very average show which had an interesting premise, but unfortunately fell flat to the stigma and tropes of every slice of life anime the past few years. Though to my surprise yet again they released movies to top off the show and not just one, but four. Also it surprised me that the movies weren't shown in consecutive seasons. As such I was forced to rewatch the whole series from season one all the way to the end after the movies were all released.

I'm very very VERY glad that I decided to follow through with finishing Tamayura.

This series is THE PERFECT example of a complete series with the perfect pacing between seasons and episodes. The movies really finalize this series and bring a conclusion to Potte's growth... and surprisingly not just Potte but every single character has changed over the three years they've been together. So many things were perfectly strung together and the issues that each character faced actually felt like legitimate issues that people would face in reality. I know that personally my anxiety is similar to a mixture of Kaoru and Maon before I graduated from high school.

Although I gave the final movie a 10/10, it really is the series as a whole that deserves a 10/10. This is how Slice of Life anime and manga should be done. It feels like an actual slice of life. It has been a long time since a "recent" anime has actually felt complete. My only gripe is how we weren't able to see Chimo and Dougou's wedding, but I think they ended the series on a perfect note and I really don't wish for anything else to be released regarding this series anymore.
Oct 24, 2017 10:26 PM

Aug 2014
while i wasnt a fan of the seasons and the first three movies were rather meh the last movie was the best overall and i couldnt help but like fuu's mother
Jan 14, 2018 8:12 AM
Aug 2015
I'm so thankful [Nishi-Taku] pulled through and completed subbing the franchise. Without them, I never would have been able to see one of the most fulfilling series come to its conclusion.

Absolute masterclass in the iyashikei and slice of life genre. I will never forget these characters, and I'll always drop a recommendation for it whenever I have a chance.
Mar 22, 2018 12:21 AM

Jun 2017
This series gets better with every new installment. Curious how the MAL ratings reflect this (as of March 2018):

Tamayura: 7.20
Hitotose: 7.32
More Aggressive: 7.55
Sotsugyou Shashin 1: 7.69
Sotsugyou Shashin 2: 7.84
Sotsugyou Shashin 3: 7.88
Sotsugyou Shashin 4: 8.16

Only I would have started at 8 and then up. Things I didn't like: Momoneko (the cat), totally unnecessary; Norie's obsession with Kou, which may have been funny the first time but not the tenth; and perhaps the getting-over-dad's-passing-away theme was a bit overdone, not so much in the pathos as in the iterations that didn't really add anything. What I liked: everything else.

Mar 7, 2020 6:43 PM

Jul 2016
Oh my God... Scene with Potte's cheering makes me cry a lot like a loli... T_________T
Nov 21, 2020 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
Well, that's about as satisfying an ending for Tamayura as it's going to get. Rather than a great deal of fanfare or drama, it ended with the gentle warmth that's kept it close to my heart for several years. As each of the girls graduated, I could feel the weight of those dreams & budding journeys that the previous movies helped flourish. The very last scene was picture perfect with the final photo from her father's camera side by side with the first photo from her new one, both brimming with the kind glow of Tamayura. What I've felt after coming this way connected all at once. Tamayura has left me with a memory that I will never forget.

9/10
Nov 15, 2022 9:11 AM
Oct 2019
Goddamn, I feel such joy but sadness at the same time, there is so much to go into this amazing finale, I don't even know.

I am sad that Fuu left Takehara, I knew that's what this was all leading up to, but I wished deep inside she stayed there, obviously, that wouldn't be growth, it's just immature selfishness from me, perhaps I myself have a lot of growing up to do while Fuu came an incredibly long way. I'm so happy for her, the fact she will be able to visit her friends in the future is comforting, I guess I wish they at least showed at the end of them meeting again..though I guess the actual ending of their pictures being with her, therefore always being with her was just as poignant and powerful.

I was bracing myself for Fuu's camera to give in for the last time every time she pressed it, when the camera didn't make a proper "click" sound my heart honestly sank. I knew Fuu would take it as well as she did but it was still a sad scene nevertheless.

Just an incredible movie, I am incredibly satisfied.
Jan 1, 2023 8:47 AM
Jun 2022
Farewell Fuu-chan, farewell Tamayura..

If exist, this series desevres an "lifetime legend anime" awards.

I can relate to Fuu-chan in terms of deciding way to future. It's a big step that sometimes makes you worry and overthink everyday.

I hope there's at least one special or 1hr movie in the future, for Tamayura's anniversary maybe.. remake to live action version also a good opportunity i think.. (haha, nevermind, just wild thoughts). Since this anime have a nice value & memory for it's fans and also for Takehara city. In case u don't know, Takehara-ken is a real place in Hiroshima Prefecture. It called "little Kyoto" (i found this while browsing about that city).

I'm always want to rewatch this series at the future.

Fuu & friends, Jya nee, sayonara.
Dec 1, 2023 8:15 PM
Apr 2021
Glad I watched it. I had almost thought not continuing the series after watching the first one but glad I picked up More Aggressive and the rest after two years given how this last movie has resonated with me.
Feb 7, 9:56 AM
Sep 2020
With this, my Tamayura journey has ended, but their journey is just starting as they pursue their dreams. It's such a bittersweet feeling that one of my most favorite anime has ended, and I'll never be able to watch more of them again 😭. I cried a lot throughout the whole movie. The whole time It felt like I got something stuck in my throat, and I couldn't speak or breathe properly. I've been really depressed for the past few weeks, so I started watching Tamayura because I found it randomly and heard it's a healing anime. Man, I'm really glad that I found this hidden gem. I'll be forever grateful that I was able to experience this masterpiece, and thank you to everyone who made the anime possible. It'll always hold a special place in my heart, and I'll never forget it 💖

I know this is not an action anime, but when Potte said, "Mom, would it be okay if I went to Tokyo?" that scene sent chills down to my spine 🙂. I literally jumped with joy when I saw Fuu getting a new camera again. At first, I thought her father had given it to Natsume for safekeeping so that he could give it to Fuu when she was older, but this works too.

I really loved everything about the movie because it was such a perfect conclusion for the girls as they went to pursue their dreams of what they want to be in the future. I loved how Fuu, Norie, Maon, Kaoru, Kanae, Chihiro, Tomo, and the photography club kouhais, every single one of them, were giving their very best in their new environment to reach their dream goal. Fuu's mother and grandmother, Maon's parents, and Kaoru's sister all of them were the best of the best, as well as Norie's brother and Maestro.

It's really sad that the VA of Hoboro san died before the third movie, so we didn't see her in the third movie, and even though she was here for the final movie, we never heard her speak otherwise, we could've seen their proper wedding instead of only seeing the rings on their finger at the end of the movie. I really loved her voice too ):

No more nanode anymore. I need more nanode in my life. Now I'm depressed again T_T

More topics from this board

» Anybody here in 2021?

Espi_ - Mar 9, 2021

14 by Maebbie »»
Apr 28, 2023 2:30 PM

» Any possibility of OVA?

Leafyone - Jul 8, 2016

4 by Gnowmi »»
Oct 2, 2018 7:38 PM

» When will there be a sub release?!

HecticLeo - May 30, 2016

7 by Chandela »»
Jun 22, 2016 1:39 AM

» Key visual

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

3 by Paulo27 »»
Feb 19, 2016 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.