Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2016 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
It was revealed in the 10th volume of light novel Overlord (pictured) that the series will be receiving an OVA. It will be bundled with the 11th volume and is scheduled to ship on September 30. The OVA episode will contain new footage from the Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades chibi anime short series with 30 minutes of content.

Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades is a comedy short series that featured super deformed version of characters from the original series.

Source: Animate Times

Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades (OVA) on MAL
arsonalMay 31, 2016 8:13 PM
May 30, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2013
Season 2 when? Knowing Madhouse, probably never.
May 30, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
Raycee said:

Yup. :3

Im sure @tyrantarmy6 will be happy to hear this news :3
May 30, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2015
S2 ? WHEN I NEED MY S2!!! They really trolled me on that OP Scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2015
well anime is saved again
May 30, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2013
Raycee said:

I very much hope so.

May 30, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty cool to hear, tho I would prefer a S2 more but oh well...will have to do with this for now.
May 30, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
I remember those short episodes from last Summer. Fun times.
May 30, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
HYPE, never expected a pure pure OVA thou :O
May 30, 2016 12:01 PM
May 2015
Awesome. Overlord is a great tale and deserves more anime adaptations.
May 30, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2011
its better then nothing i will watch it
May 30, 2016 12:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Suuuure why not I guess
May 30, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2015
S2 when? Anyways, OVA is better than nothing. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

May 30, 2016 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
S1 was painful enough , no thx
May 30, 2016 1:02 PM

May 2012
Ohh that's pretty cool. I actually started reading it again a little recently, and currently only on vol 2

Looking forward to this

May 30, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
good news for the doge guy
May 30, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2016
IT needs seasons not ova I read up to like the 8th light novel and spoilers in the others it would be so good to see in a anime
May 30, 2016 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
Knowing Madhouse, this is probably the most new content Overlord will get. I wasn't particularly fond of S1 so I'm indifferent about an S2, not that we'll ever see one (watch me be proven wrong as Overlord ends up getting another season).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 30, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:
HYPE, never expected a pure pure OVA thou :O

your dreams are coming true ichii!!!
May 30, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
At least they are going to make an OVA. Better than having nothing.
May 30, 2016 3:56 PM

May 2015
I hope it will be fun :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 30, 2016 4:03 PM

Dec 2015
A new OVA announcement is great, but a season 2 announcement would be ever greater, anyways, cant wait to see it
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 30, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
So many anime could have gotten additional content. But no, it has to be OPlord and his braindead harem. Congratz to the fans, I guess
''Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake''
-Anime
May 30, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2015
I'm good not watching that, series is not up to par. Fanservice is also out of whack.
May 30, 2016 5:04 PM

Oct 2015
Ah they are just teasing us with this OVAs always just make another season we need moar of lord Ainz-sama !!!!!!!!!!!
May 30, 2016 5:19 PM

Sep 2015
Looks too edgy for me man.
May 30, 2016 5:22 PM

Apr 2009
Man, we really need a second season...
May 30, 2016 5:43 PM

Apr 2011
Second season pls! :)
May 30, 2016 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
They better make this worth the OVA. Hope it will not be that bath scene event from volume 8. Ohhh... that was mortifying. I still can't get over that April Fool joke images out of my head. Damn, regretting reading that update. Σ(゜ロ゜;)
May 30, 2016 9:11 PM
Sep 2015
still remember him BUFFING up for 2minutes
May 30, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2014
I hope it stops at the OVA. No more anime episodes for Overlord.

I started out as a fan of Overlord. And indeed, the 1st season was good. A good mix of action, comedy and mystery. And I was looking forward to a season 2 very much.

But then things got weird in the Light Novel version of Overlord. In a main story arc that appears some time after the events of Season 1 anime, there's a fundamental shift in Ainz's character and the genre of the Overlord.

The comedy tag no longer applies after that story arc.

Things didn't get bad per se. It just got very stupid. I quite like the theme of greater evil (Ainz) punishing the petty evils that's present in the first anime season. But in the LN story arc, Ainz himself became a very petty evil. Like a B-grade villain in a Hollywood movie who's scheduled to die in Act 1.

Also, as a gamer, I hate to see unfair fights between high level players and noobs. Ainz himself, a level 100 lich with level 100 subordinates, picked on a bunch of level 20-somethings. That was just acting evil for the sake of acting evil.

Too dumb.

Those of you who enjoyed Season 1 of the anime, let me tell you this:

You will be sorely disappointed if the anime continues. Sure, the story arc immediately after the events of season 1 will be fun to watch, but that's a problem in itself. You will like Overlord more and then, once they continue following the LN story arcs, you will become severely disillusioned by the stupidity of it all. Like I was.

So, I honestly think it is better to leave the anime alone. Don't continue it and disappoint all the anime fans.
May 30, 2016 11:39 PM
Nov 2012
^Looks like someone's still mad because their favorite waifu died and nakama power turned out to be just that- fantasy XD

Also Ainz never cared about humans in the first place. There was never any shift or anything. The anime just didn't portray those qualities of Ainz, skipped the parts about torturing prisoners etc since it was just a mediocre adaption aimed at casuals. Just your fault being disillusioned.
May 31, 2016 1:07 AM

Jul 2014
So the OVA's based on that comedy short thing that aired alongside the series? Think I'll pass then.

If it was a proper OVA for the main series I'd have been interested though.
May 31, 2016 2:44 AM
Apr 2010
ggYeti said:
^Looks like someone's still mad because their favorite waifu died and nakama power turned out to be just that- fantasy XD

Also Ainz never cared about humans in the first place. There was never any shift or anything. The anime just didn't portray those qualities of Ainz, skipped the parts about torturing prisoners etc since it was just a mediocre adaption aimed at casuals. Just your fault being disillusioned.

For me you are mad retard and nobody cares about your opinion in first place.
May 31, 2016 3:56 AM

Jan 2014
ggYeti said:

There's a shift for sure.

In the first season of the anime, Ainz did not care about humans, but he didn't see them as enemies. He even went so far as to make sure that his maid companion did not go around hurting humans just because she was hit on.

That was the comedy aspect that I liked. The evil Overlord giving a damn about humans and making sure his overzealous maid did not hurt them.

But during the story arc I talked about earlier, Ainz set about a series of events in motion and got a group of low-level humans to play along as pawns. And then, because those humans acted exactly the way he wanted them to, he executed all of them.

Yeah, I would say that's a fundamental shift.
May 31, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
Specials were good, so look forward to next OVA! :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2016 8:32 AM

Sep 2013
Teckmeister said:

But then things got weird in the Light Novel version of Overlord. In a main story arc that appears some time after the events of Season 1 anime, there's a fundamental shift in Ainz's character and the genre of the Overlord.

Wut? Ainz only cares about nazarick and whatever benefits it, there is no shift, you just see it more clearly after vol 3.

It's called"dark comedy".
Jun 1, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2016
ichii_1 said:
Teckmeister said:

Wut? Ainz only cares about nazarick and whatever benefits it, there is no shift, you just see it more clearly after vol 3.

Yes but I think he does "care" for the people that work there, butlers and maids if that counts.
Jun 1, 2016 8:14 AM

Sep 2013
Sorakaa said:
ichii_1 said:

Yes but I think he does "care" for the people that work there, butlers and maids if that counts.

Yes, they are a part of nazarick and so is anything under his rule.
Jun 2, 2016 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
dannnkkkkk memes.
Jun 3, 2016 6:33 PM
Jun 2016
Madhouse please! To be honest if they come out with a second season of OPM that will set a precedent that it is possible. Here's to hoping!
Jun 6, 2016 8:45 AM

Jul 2008
Well, it's still better than nothing :)
Sep 7, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2015
Teckmeister said:
I hope it stops at the OVA. No more anime episodes for Overlord.

I started out as a fan of Overlord. And indeed, the 1st season was good. A good mix of action, comedy and mystery. And I was looking forward to a season 2 very much.

Things didn't get bad per se. It just got very stupid. I quite like the theme of greater evil (Ainz) punishing the petty evils that's present in the first anime season. But in the LN story arc, Ainz himself became a very petty evil. Like a B-grade villain in a Hollywood movie who's scheduled to die in Act 1.

Also, as a gamer, I hate to see unfair fights between high level players and noobs. Ainz himself, a level 100 lich with level 100 subordinates, picked on a bunch of level 20-somethings. That was just acting evil for the sake of acting evil.

Too dumb.

Those of you who enjoyed Season 1 of the anime, let me tell you this:

You will be sorely disappointed if the anime continues. Sure, the story arc immediately after the events of season 1 will be fun to watch, but that's a problem in itself. You will like Overlord more and then, once they continue following the LN story arcs, you will become severely disillusioned by the stupidity of it all. Like I was.

So, I honestly think it is better to leave the anime alone. Don't continue it and disappoint all the anime fans.

you gave SAO 10.I can't take your opinions seriously i think instead of bitching like a cry baby because LN turned dark i recommend you to sticking to SAO.
Sep 16, 2016 12:19 AM

Jan 2014
ultravigo said:

you gave SAO 10.I can't take your opinions seriously i think instead of bitching like a cry baby because LN turned dark i recommend you to sticking to SAO.

It didn't turn dark per se. It just turned stupid.

Very stupid.

There's a Japanese drama I like very much. Ouroboros. In one episode, they had a psycho killer as a villain. He specialized in killing club hostesses apparently. So anyway, he made one club hostess fall in love with him (for her money probably?) and then when she wanted to settle down with him, he killed her because he didn't want the responsibility of caring for a woman.

So anyway, after his deed was exposed, one of the male leads (Danno I think) said something like this to him.

"You aren't evil. You are just a piece of shit."

And that's the same thing I could say about Ainz.

The plot in Overlord no longer make any sense after the killing of the low-level workers. Killing people for the sake of killing and showing off his strength. Making elaborate plots just for the sake of killing more when he didn't have to. Too stupid for words.

At the end of the elaborate plot to start a war with some kingdom, I was left totally clueless. He didn't have to do all that, right? He could have just skipped steps 1 and 2 and gone straight to 3. Was he trying to show people how smart he is? Like a kid making up elaborate lies to get more candy?

Those were my thoughts when I read the LN. And so I gave up on Overlord because it got too stupid for words.
Sep 18, 2016 12:51 PM

Jun 2016
ultravigo said:

you gave SAO 10.I can't take your opinions seriously....

LOL, word!

Ainz always struck me as a Lawful Neutral type of character. If he becomes full-blown evil, then that's stupid IMO...but if he's a "petty evil", I can see how that can be funny. In other words, I'd love to see a Season 2 even at the risk of being disappointed.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
5 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
10 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
11 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
Today, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.