Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2016 8:11 PM

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That Ono/Runa thing at the end seemed kind of forced, but overall this was a really good manga and I'm sad to see it end. Like that type of recovery you have to go through when you finish a good book or story that you've been reading for a long time and then you just think about it. Like it was an event in your life the same as going to high school or that spot of time when you were taking guitar lessons or something.

It was very good and I think I have many sentimental feelings about it. Like I've been reading this manga for years now, I think.
May 25, 2016 7:34 PM
Aug 2012
The Ono/Runa thing was totally unnecessary IMO, like wtf where did that come from. I've actually been reading this manga for years and finally it concluded... I definitely think the first half is better than the second half. I liked the manga mostly because I thought it steered away from tropes but the Runa arc was a little cliche... But ok, I guess Tomoyo needs to show people he's not the pushover that he's been in the first half.
May 26, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2013
carolincloud said:
The Ono/Runa thing was totally unnecessary IMO, like wtf where did that come from. I've actually been reading this manga for years and finally it concluded... I definitely think the first half is better than the second half. I liked the manga mostly because I thought it steered away from tropes but the Runa arc was a little cliche... But ok, I guess Tomoyo needs to show people he's not the pushover that he's been in the first half.

Yeah, I honestly agree 100%. I wish she was not in it at all. I loved how it didn't seem to have tropes and it was just an unusual story, like parents win the lottery and go off to become doctors while leaving you with a family friend.

I feel like the first half focused on how a relationship can fall apart just from misunderstandings, jealousy, and the way Tomoyo always felt like he wasn't as attractive to her as Ono was. It was just like regular shit people would go through.
May 28, 2016 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished reading this series. I liked it a lot but I agree that the first half was a lot stronger. Also I feel like the conclusion was very rushed and left a few things unanswered, mostly concerning Asugi-Mama (Ono, her attitude towards Tomoyo, her reaction to Tomoyo/Madoka, etc). It was a real rollercoaster but it wasn't too predictable and I enjoyed the ride.
Jun 18, 2017 12:16 PM
Jan 2017
soft said:
Just finished reading this series. I liked it a lot but I agree that the first half was a lot stronger. Also I feel like the conclusion was very rushed and left a few things unanswered, mostly concerning Asugi-Mama (Ono, her attitude towards Tomoyo, her reaction to Tomoyo/Madoka, etc). It was a real rollercoaster but it wasn't too predictable and I enjoyed the ride.

I totally agree because tomoyo never learned about ono and his mom's realtionship. Even though Madoka has know about it a long time she still hasn't told him. I would imagine he would be angry and feel betrayed. :)
Jul 12, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2014
Just binged this series in one sitting. I'll third preferring the first half over the second. They glossed over a lot of possible character development by pulling that time skip...It also felt too sudden.

I preferred Tomoyo since the beginning and was disappointed to see how he changed during the time Madoka started college. I feel the mangaka could've depicted his breaking point in a different way. I can't stand the whole "I'm going to stay with my crazy girlfriend because I don't want to be responsible for her mental breakdown" cliche. The whole thing left a bitter taste in my mouth.

As for Ono, I still don't understand him. What exactly did he see in Asagi-mama? She seemed like a mostly terrible person overall, so I wish the mangaka had actually gone a bit more into depth with that. I also don't like the plot holes that were left open regarding their affair. Overall, his character was pretty despicable, and I'm not sure why Madoka even had fleeting feelings for him. He was a tad bit more likable after the time skip, but eh. I guess he and crazy Runa deserve each other.

Despite my preferred pairing ending up together, I'm not happy about how the story came to a conclusion. Could've been way better. I'd rate it a 7/10 overall because I did enjoy the first half for the most part, but even a 7 feels a little too high.

Nov 16, 2017 1:34 PM

Oct 2016
buunny said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That Ono/Runa thing at the end seemed kind of forced, but overall this was a really good manga and I'm sad to see it end. Like that type of recovery you have to go through when you finish a good book or story that you've been reading for a long time and then you just think about it. Like it was an event in your life the same as going to high school or that spot of time when you were taking guitar lessons or something.

It was very good and I think I have many sentimental feelings about it. Like I've been reading this manga for years now, I think.
I'm gonna disagree. The Runa thing at the end made sense. She's unstable and probably the type to quickly fall for someone. Ono might have had no interest in her.
Mar 15, 2019 9:30 PM

Dec 2011
I just wanna say...

Tomoyo's mom is a bitch. She clearly had issues with her marriage, was probably a deeply lonely woman, had an affair with a minor (that's not okay lady, wtf), she clings to her son, tries to control him to a terrifying degree, tries to live through him, and still pretends that her life is perfect peaches on the surface.

It was awesome to see Tomoyo rebel against her. He grew so much, but Tomoyo's mom didn't grow at all. She breaks down at one point, then recovers, and continues to act like an entitled snob. It makes me think her "collapse" was just an act to garner sympathy from her family.

Madoka was right when she called Tomoyo spoiled but his mom is still a bitch. His dad's a bitch too.
Nov 3, 2022 6:58 PM

Jul 2016
the second half of this manga feels distinctly like a sequel to the first in a disjointed, shameful way. not fluid. it was as good of an ending as bitou lollipop could get if the last page was of the packing transportation vehicle driving off into the distance. leave it up to the future; what a sorely missed opportunity. first half, 9/10. second half... 5/10. i guess i'd liken it to watching the initial seasons of a show and then arriving 5 seasons later. the whiplash of dropping the bomb that they haven't even talked in a year when the readers are first transported to the present day, the open question marks, and the atmosphere was one big ass low: shit highs. it's funny now that i remember a few the most ridiculous turn-arounds it had. tomoyo wants to get back with madoka, says he'll break up with runa. sike, he can't leave runa, she's just like him. (you know, unstable and disturbed.) time passes, madoka and ono kiss. tomoyo coincidentally is right at the door afterwards to change his mind for the 100th time. wasn't even ono's biggest L not gonna lie, his biggest L was getting cucked by iketani at the end to 'score' runa. but hey i don't think i even wanted to see most of these people happy anyways hahaha
Aug 19, 2023 6:18 AM
Jun 2019
I need to know how their relationship works, Ono, a secondary story wouldn't go wrong for you, I want to know more, but I liked it, I cried, laughed and cried at the same time, Great manga, I will continue reading the author's manga. <3 Thank you very much, I read with piano background playlist.
Aug 19, 2023 6:19 AM
Jun 2019
I need to know how their relationship works, Ono, a secondary story wouldn't go wrong for you, I want to know more, but I liked it, I cried, laughed and cried at the same time, Great manga, I will continue reading the author's manga. <3 Thank you very much, I read with piano background playlist.
Aug 19, 2023 6:19 AM
Jun 2019
Aug 19, 2023 6:36 AM
Jun 2019
The Runa thing, it may be cliché but if it happens and I have seen it more frequently, I only felt resignation, the final decision was Tomoyo's,
Tomoyo was able to break her promise for Runa, even after waiting for Madoka in the cold winter.
When runa appeared I lost the illusion of seeing Tomoya and Madoka together

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bitou Lollipop Chapter 31 Discussion

buunny - Oct 2, 2015

5 by Narumi-dono »»
Aug 19, 2023 4:44 AM

» Bitou Lollipop Chapter 27 Discussion

Narumi-dono - Aug 19, 2023

0 by Narumi-dono »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:12 AM

Poll: » Bitou Lollipop Chapter 26 Discussion

H_Erifu - Dec 26, 2016

1 by Narumi-dono »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:12 AM

Poll: » Bitou Lollipop Chapter 25 Discussion

buunny - May 9, 2015

3 by Narumi-dono »»
Aug 19, 2023 1:42 AM

Poll: » Bitou Lollipop Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

1 by Narumi-dono »»
Aug 19, 2023 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.